Title: Conversation 8: Overheard

Author: Tayla

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: R for language

Category: Drama, pre-slash

Status: Completed August 24, 2002

Archive: Yes to WWOMB/Peja. All others please ask

Feedback: Yes, please. All constructive criticism will be graciously accepted

Email: tayla36@aol.com

Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/tayla36/index.html

Series/Sequel: Part Eight of the Conversation Series

Disclaimers: The Sentinel and its characters belong to Pet Fly Productions and Paramount Network Television. No copyright infringement is intended. The author makes no profit and exists solely on the accolades from fellow fans.

Authors Notes: Got stalled out on this series for a while. This one came to me today.

Summary: Henri overhears something.

Warnings: Discussion of homosexuallity in non-politically correct terms


Conversation 8: Overheard
by Tayla


Overheard in the seventh floor men's room of the Cascade Police Department.

"So, I hear he's still at the Academy."

"I thought he would have dropped out by now. It's not like he's real cop material."

"Apparently his instructors think he is."

"He's probably blowing 'em."

"You think?"

"He hung out here for three years and no one ever kicked his ass out. Why do you think that was?"

"You mean . . . he was doing that here?"

"Why do you think Banks let him stay? I'll bet he was blowing Ellison and Banks. Hell he might have been blowing the Chief too. Hell that's probably how he got into the Academy."

"How do you know? That he's putting out, I mean?"

"I just heard Captain Wilkins talking about it to Jennings. Their sons are at the Academy now, too."

"Man, I would not want to be in his shoes when Ellison finds out his little boy toy is putting out for his instructors."

"Yeah, it's one thing to share with your Captain and the Chief. But he's not gonna want to share with strangers."

"Maybe Ellison will kick his butt out of town. Save us the trouble."

"But what do we do about Ellison?"

"We don't have to do anything about Ellison. He's a good cop. And once that hippie faggot is out of his life, he'll go back to women."

"Let's hope so. I just don't understand how a man like Ellison went gay in the first place."



Henri Brown left the men's room where the two Homicide Detectives were talking. He didn't think they had seen him. This was real trouble. He needed to find Ellison. Fast.


END