Title: Coming Home

Fandom: The Sentinel

Author/pseudonym: Latoya

Email address: Sonia316@mindspring.com

Rating: R

Pairing: J/B

Date: 1/12/81

Archive : yes

Series: no

Category: Drama h/c

Disclaimer: Boys don’t belong to me and no money is being made just fun.

Summary: Some hurt, Some comfort

Warnings: None

 

Coming home
by Latoya


I want to say thanks to Marti for helpiny me with this idea and to my beta reader Elaine for reading it over. Feedback is greatly apprieciated.

Cold creeping through my body, making it's way to my heart, making a home for itself at the bottom of it. My job is to serve and protect, but no one really looks behind those words. I had to kill someone today, I had no other option. The guy figured he had nothing to lose and started shooting at us. Didn't care that he had a wife and a family, didn't care if they were going to miss him when he was gone, so I guess the saying is true, you never know what you got until it's gone.

Now he's dead and my heart aches, I can't just turn it off. I took someone's life and I can't seem to forgive myself for it. Time to go home, to Blair. To my sweet lover who doesn’t deserve someone like me. Someone as sweet and kind and gentle as my loving Blair, deserves much better than I can give. I'm home now and Blair is probably asleep. I can hear him snoring from here, not too loud just softly, almost like he's having trouble sleeping.

Blair awoke again for the third time that night to find that his lover still hadn't joined him, but he thought he heard him come in. He got up, only to find Jim sitting on the couch, in the dark. As soon as Blair sat down beside him, he knew something was wrong. Blair took his hand and turned Jim's face to his. In Jim's eyes he saw hurt and pain and a pleading to make it all stop. He wrapped his arms around his lover, holding and kissing him, trying to make whatever was wrong, better. Blair took Jim's hands in his, holding on to them as tightly as he could, to stop the shaking. Jim was shaking all over. Whatever had happened had brought him to the edge. He led Jim up the stairs slowly, pulling his lover behind him. All the while neither of them saying a word to each other. He wanted to get Jim undressed and into bed, where he would feel safe and loved. He would make love to Jim tenderly, slowly with all the passion he possessed.

Blair lead Jim to their bed and began to undress him, taking care never to be too far away from the man he loved. He took off his coat, keeping one hand on Jim's shoulder as he placed the coat on the chair next to the bed with his other hand. Jim was still wearing his gun holster and gun, but when Blair reached for it Jim moaned and lowered his eyes, refusing to meet his lover's eyes. Blair reached up and held Jim's face with gentle fingers. He kissed his lover's lips and held him close. When Jim had calmed down he removed the holster and the gun and placed them on the same chair. Blair removed pieces of Jim's clothing, one by one. Every time making sure he always had one hand on Jim. Touching, soothing and holding him close. Calming him, making the cold go away.

Jim stood next to the bed nude. His breathing smoother and he wasn't shaking any more. Blair guided his lover onto their bed. Jim watched Blair undress, removing his T-shirt and boxers. Blair then eased himself onto the bed next to Jim and started to kiss him ever so softly on the eyes, nose and lips. Blair scooted down until they were both laying on their side facing each
other.

With every kiss Blair felt Jim relax. Holding his lover in his arms, Blair started to rub Jim's back and Jim placed his face in the small of his lover's neck. He wrapped his arms around Blair, holding onto him for dear life.

Blair held onto Jim for a moment, then he glided his hands down Jim's arms. Pushing Jim back a little, Blair took Jim's hand in his and started to kiss each finger. Working toward the palms of Jim's hand, Blair sucked and licked and kissed from front to back. Then Blair rolled onto his back pulling Jim half across his body. He placed Jim's head on his left shoulder and Jim's hips rested on his right hip. Than he sat up and cradled Jim in his arms. Holding his lover in his left arm, Blair took his right hand and started to run his hand down his loves body.

Jim closed his eyes and let his head fall back. He turned up his senses and let Blair wash away whatever cold that was left in him.

Blair slowly moved his hand to Jim's nipples, rubbing them one by one until they were hard. When Jim started to breath deeper Blair knew it was time to move his hand lower. Gliding his hand down his lover's trembling body, Blair took Jim's cock in his hand. Jim reached for Blair's erection but Blair shied him away. Blair stroked him slowly, firmly, reassuring his lover that he was loved no matter what. Jim came, erupting over Blair's hand, washing away all the coldness from his heart. Blair slid them both under the covers.

"I love you Jim." Blair said as he settled down.

That was all Jim heard as he fell into a deep sleep.

He was home.

END