Title: Cinders

Fandom: The Sentinel

Author/pseudonym: Latoya

Email address: Sonia316@mindspring.com

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: J/B

Date: 12/29/99

Archive : yes

Series: yes, Cinders

Category: A/U

Disclaimer The boys don't belong to me and no money is being made, just fun.

Summary:

Warnings: None

Okay everybody this is my first fic that I'm actually posting. I want to give thanks to Melissa for helping me get it ready and also for helping me overcome my nervousness. All mistakes are mine and feed back will be greatly appreciated. Now on with the fic.

 

CINDERS

By Latoya Smith

 

"Oh.....no they're coming again. How did I get myself into this? How could I get myself caught up in this mess?" The frightened child with long curly hair and ice cold blue eyes that once was warm cried.

"He couldn't have got that far men, he's only a child find him and kill him. The queen wants him dead, do not disappoint her highness." The lead hunter shouted to all of his men.

At the sound of the horses hooves hitting the forest floor the child tried to melt into the foliage that he was hiding in, trying to disappear all together. There was no more places to run and no more places to hide. They would surely find him and kill him now.

The sound of the hooves grew near and the child held his breath. Now was the time that his life would end and no one would know why. Only him and his mother but she had already been laid to rest.

"Soon momma I'm coming to be with you? I just wish I could stay a little longer so I could, I could..........."

"He's around here men. His trail ends here. Search everything, leave nothing unturned. Make sure you find that boy."

The hunter pulled on the reigns and bought his horse to a complete stop. His cruel eyes searching the wooded clearing.

'I know that you are here child, I can feel your fear. Have no doubts I will find you and you shall die by my hands.'

The hunter smiled smugly to himself. He would drain this boy's blood and throw his lifeless body to the dogs the same way he did the child’s mother.

The mother had died protecting her son from them but it was a rather worthless sacrifice. He had left her dead body on the street in the pouring rain. Not even heaven itself could stop him. He remembered watching as the child tried to shake his mother awake, crying for her to get up. Could still remembering hearing the child say "Please momma wake up, I need you so, please wake up, please don't leave me all alone." He held back from capturing the child at that moment because he wanted to savor the child’s pain. It was only a child, he would have no problem killing it later and he would enjoy the hunt.

He crouched lower in the bush that he was hiding in and couldn't stop the shivering, he was so afraid. He didn't want to die and he knew that his death would be a painful one if/when he was caught. He furiously wiped the tears away from his eyes and willed his trembling body to stop shaking so he wouldn't be heard. He would try to stay alive for as long as he could. He wouldn't give up.

He held his breath and watched as the hunters went through bushes and thickets looking for him. They were doing a very thorough job and he knew that he would be found very soon if he didn't do something, but what could he do? Nothing but wait to be found. If he risked running he would surely be caught and there was no way he could distract them. As the hunters drew near he closed his eyes and waited for death to come.

He closed his eyes and waited for death to come, but instead of death's cold hands embracing him the willowy arms of unconsciousness wrapped around him. The last thing he heard was the hunters screaming.

The first arrow came out of nowhere and embedded itself in a tree mere inches away from the lead hunter's face. It left a cut in one strong cheek of the hunter.

"Divide and conquer men. We will not lose to those who dare go against the queen." The main hunter shouted in rage. He was upset because he had not heard anyone coming and that took him off his guard. He was careless and now he was bleeding, they would pay, they would all pay.

The lead hunter knew who was attacking them. It was the Inui tribe that lived in these woods but he did not think they would attack them. They were too frightened of the queen.

'They have just signed there death warrant and they shall all die along with the boy. They have spilled my blood and for that all your deaths shall be a lot more painful.' The hunter planned.

More arrows came speeding towards the group of hunters and they spread out going towards the place where the shooting came from. When the hunters had split up and gone there separate ways to take care of the Inui tribe two figures emerged from the bushes.

"I don't know, Henri, our lord might be very upset with us if we bring this boy back to the camp."

"But if we don't the hunters will surely kill him and he's just a child." His partner Rafe tried to reason with him. "And if our lord is upset with this I'll take the full blame. Please help me Henri. I just feel something about this boy that I can't explain, please?

"Okay you know I can not resist you. How long do you think the sleeping mixture will hold?"

"He's just a child so it should hold 'til the sun shows its bright face in the coming morning.

"Well come on and help me move him before those hunters decide to return for the boy."

"I can not believe this foul luck. " The lead hunter had lost the tribesman he had been chasing through the woods. His trail had ended at the stream. The hunter ripped the hem of his shirt to wipe the blood that was dripping from his wound. He did not feel any pain, just enraged that they could have got that close to him without his knowing. He threw the bloody cloth on the ground and muttered a curse. "Just wait til I get my hands on you all." He peered at his reflection in the water to see how bad the damage to his face was. Cold, dead blue eyes stared back at him. The wind blew and the water rippled and for a moment there was a change. A change in his eyes from dead and cold to alive and warm, but only for a moment than the cruel smile crept back onto his face and he whispered to himself. "Prepare for me I am coming to for you all.

*******

The queen stood on her balcony looking out over the city. Her face was chillingly stunning with high cheeks bones and purplish gray eyes. Her long ebony hair blew across her face as the wind picked up. She wore a dress made of black and gold. Her favorite color was black. It symbolized death, at least to her.

"Asaya call my hunters back, this has gone far enough."

A small girl with straggly dirty brown hair and large almond colored eyes answered her.

"Yes madam, anything else you would like?"

"Tell the lead hunter to meet me in my quarters as soon as he returns. Tell him to do nothing but come straight to me."

"Of course madam. "The slave quickly left

The queen was furious. It should not be that hard to kill one small boy. She decided to take her anger out on the slave in her room. The slave was scrubbing the floor with a brush the size of a toothbrush.

The slave was a ten year old girl with green eyes, dull from the dirt that caked her whole body. She was a very thin child since she usually worked for her master so much she barely had time to eat and what she was served was not enough to satisfy even a small baby.

"Adriana there will be no dinner for you tonight."

"Why ma..........."

Adriana had opened her mouth to ask the reason why her meal was being taking from her when she received a stinging blow to the side of her face.

"Never ever questions my decisions child." The queen held her hand she had used to slap the girl up in the air to see that the dirt from the girl's face had transferred onto her beautiful skin. She would have slapped the girl again but she was not going to risk getting dirtier.

The slave sat down on her knees holding the side of her face trying not to whimper knowing that she would receive another blow if she was heard.

"You stupid girl! You dare leave your filth on me!"

"I'm sorry madam I'll go draw you a bath."

"No bring me my whip, then come back and kneel before me. The slave got up her eyes downcast she went over to the rack that held the whips and picked one up.

She bought it back to the queen turned around knelt then pulled her shirt up to expose her back. A single tear slid down her face for she knew what was coming. The queen would hit her ‘til she was exhausted.

The queen raised the whip and was getting ready to bring it down on the slaves' back when a knock sounded at the door. "Leave my sight at once girl."

"Yes madam," Adriana got up opened the door and quickly left.

The queen straightened a wrinkle out of her dress, put the whip away then turned to the door and said "Come in James."

*******

He floated in a sea of warmth. There was no other way to explain it. All at once there were no more hunters, no more running from the queen and most of all his heavy heart had lifted. He didn't feel the pain from the loss of his mother. Maybe he was dead and it was all over.

Suddenly strong arms enveloped him and he started to panic until he looked into the gentle eyes of his protector. Those blue eyes calmed him, made him feel safe, loved.

Strong fingers twined themselves in his curls, and a sweet mouth whispered comforting words in his ear. He knew he was safe now. No one would ever hurt him here.

"Blair?" A voice called, deep and slightly amused.

"Blair?" It called again only this time with a slight hint of worry.

"I am fine, please do not worry about me." He reached up and stroked a strong cheek hoping to wipe that worried look out of those blue eyes.

"Yes my prince as long as you are all right. What would you like to do today, hmmm?" Your mother is in the garden tending to the roses and she says that we may do whatever we please today."

"I want to stay here with you."

"But my prince we've been in here for two days. Surely your majesty wishes out of his room for some fresh air."

"No, I have everything I need right here. Just hold me close and do not ever let me go and that is a strict order."

"Yes my prince, if every order was like that I would be a very happy man." The deep voice and the hearty chuckle was back.

"I can make every order be like that." Blair asked hopefully.

"I am sorry my sweet sweet Blair but your mother needs help with the army as small as it is. I have to lead and train them so if an attack does arise we shall be prepared. When I am not doing that I will be with you every second that I can."

"I know and we are forever in your debt for your services my warrior."

"Please my prince do not be. I will protect you no matter what. It is why I was born, to protect you and your mother. I feel it deep inside."

"I just wish that there was a way that I could pay you back for all the kindness you have shown upon me and our kingdom." His voice grew low and husky.

His warrior shook his head and laughed delightedly. "Oh my prince with an offer like that how could I refuse?"

"Do not refuse my warrior, take what I am giving you." With that he drew his arms around the larger man and pressed a kiss to the older mans temple, than his cheek and last to his mouth. Which opened immediately for his invasion.

The older man hugged him back keeping him close just like he had asked. "I love you so much my little Blair."

He opened his mouth to return the endearment. When everything disappeared and everything around him faded to black. All he could hear was the queen's evil laughter ringing in his ears.

He awoke quietly, curled himself into a little ball and cried. "Oh my warrior, please come home to me, oh James I miss you so much."

******

"Come in, James. What news do you have to bring me about the boy?" She already knew since she had watched the whole charade but she wanted his version of it.

"He has not been caught yet, my queen, but have no doubts I will catch him."

"I have no doubts about that but remember he must be captured and killed before his twenty first birthday and that is only three full moons away."

"Yes my queen." James said and bowed his head preparing to leave and get back to work.

"No do not go." The queen said stroking her black polished fingernails up and down his arm. She than ran her hand down his cheek to his mouth. "Let me take care of you, let me make all your problems go away for now. You are mine, my beautiful hunter and I will never give you up."

She pulled his head down and kissed his lips softly, while whispering a seduction spell against his lips when they parted. When she kissed him again his mind went blank and he slid his eyes shut, when he opened them again they were glazed with lust.

"Do you want me, James?" The queen asked in her most honey colored tone.

"Yes, yes I want you very much." His reason was fading fast and he was being overwhelmed by the urge to take what she was offering.

"Do you love me, James?" The queen asked.

That sobered him for a moment and he had to think about it and he replied "No, I want you, I need to be with you right now but I do not love you."

"Bastard!!" She screamed enraged slapping him across his face. "Get out I do not wish to see you right now."

With that he bowed his head and left. The scene had played out many times before and no matter how many spells she cast on him she could not get him to say that he loved her. His heart still belonged to someone else.

"You will love me one day James, as soon as I kill that boy you will be completely mine." That thought made her smile and set off to work on her plan on how she would kill that boy.

*******

"He's awake H." Rafe said as he bent down to slide curly mahogany locks from the boys' face. "How are you feeling little boy?"

"Do not call me little boy." The boy said defensively. "My twenty first birthday is three full moons away and then I will be a man."

"All and all the same, little boy, only you'll be a big boy instead huh?" Rafe said still sliding another piece of hair behind the boy's ear.

Blair gave him a look of disbelief. "Twenty one is the age you turn when you become a man." Blair said than shied away from the touch of Rafe moving his hair back. Than said defiantly. "You can stop calling me boy to because I have a name."

"And what may that be?" Rafe asked slightly amused at the boy's stubbornness.

"It is Blair and I am pri......., no it is just Blair and I am nothing, I have nothing." Blair's shoulders slumped deeply and he turned his back to the man that he was talking to.

He refused to cry in front of him or anyone else. He furiously wiped the tears away from his eyes refusing to let them fall on already tear stained cheeks.

Rafe turned the boy back around to face him. "Why do you call yourself nothing? I agree you seem to not have much with you but do you not have a family waiting for you somewhere wishing your safe return?

That made Blair think of his mother and the time that he spent with James. He never knew his father, but his mom had told him that his father was a good man and should always be thought of in that way.

His mother was dead, his father he never knew and James was gone too.

"No I am alone. I have no one waiting for me or wishing my safe return." Blair tried to turn away again. Not wanting the stranger to see him cry.

"Why do you turn away from me? I will not harm you. Why don't you sit and tell me your tale. No one is here but us, the rest of the tribe has gone hunting."

Blair looked at the man with slight apprehension but somewhere deep inside he also felt that he could trust this man. So he cleared his throat and begin his tale of misery, which he was afraid would have no happy ending.

******

James stumbled down the hallway of the castle, mind still clouded a little with desire. He shook his head and willed the feeling of desire to pass through him, once he thought it was out of his system he went to the stable and told the attendant to saddle his horse.

"Sir, which men will you be riding out with, so I may saddle their horses as well." The slave asked.

"I will be on my own today, do not tell the men that I have left or your punishment will be very painful." James said in an icy tone as he picked the up the only weapon which he would need. A black bow and pouch full of arrows.

"Yes sir as you wish." The slave shrink away, wanting to disappear.

James told the slave to open the gate and was off at a gallop. He was going back to the woods where he had found the boy the last time. He knew the queen would not accept another failure.

"Where are you boy? I know you around here somewhere, I can smell you."

He found the trail and as he followed it the scent grew stronger and so did his lead. Soon he came across two figures sitting on a log and they seemed to be talking quietly to each other. He looked at one figure and knew instantly that it was the one that he was seeking, the other though was a stranger, probably part of the tribe that helped the boy last time. But there would be no saving him now.

The hunter dismounted his horse and made his way to the figures, once he stood in front of them both he withdrew his bow and arrow and aimed it at the boy. Neither person knew of his presence til’ the hunter let loose an evil laugh.

"Your mine now boy. The hunter smiled cruelly, raising his arm to make sure the arrow would not miss its mark.

Both young man scattered over the log in an effort to get away but it was no use the hunter fired the first arrow at Blair which caused him to fall and the arrow embedded itself in the ground right next to his head. The hunter smiled cruelly, he had missed his mark on purpose, he wanted to see the boy squirm first, wanted the boy to beg him for his life.

"This ends now." Blair said as he pushed himself to his feet. He did not cared if he died, it might as well be James' hands than the queen's. He spread his arms and offered James the perfect target all the while tears rolling down his cheek.

The hunter raised a brow and his bow again. 'Yes this is nice, just one easy shot right through the heart, or should I make him suffer first?' The hunter mused to himself, but something the boy said stilled him and he strained to hold onto the arrow.

"James just tell me you love me one more time before I die and I also want you to know that I do not blame you, this is not you, it is her and her evilness. Please, please just tell me and I can die peacefully. I wish I could feel your warm strong arms around me one more time but that’s okay."

Rafe was about to go over and help Blair while the hunter seemed distracted when two strong arms closed around him. "No let go, I have to help Blair, he needs me." The hunter pulled his bow tighter and aimed carefully. "No Blair!" Rafe screamed. Trying to get loose. "No he must do this on his own." A deep voice whispered in his ear but he was to afraid to look away from Blair to care very much. "Blair, Blair, Blair." Rafe said sadly fearing the end for the young man.

"Come on James just one more time, say you love me. Do you remember those cold nights when you held me tight and we made passionate love in front of the fire? I'll remember that forever, even long after I die."

James let the arrow fly as Blair said his last word. The arrow sheathed itself in Blair's right shoulder but Blair would not go down. Blood flowed from his wound and he felt a little dizzy, but he ignored it. Nothing mattered to him now but James.

The hunter stood there holding an empty bow and trembling. "I must kill you Blair, I do not know why but I have to." The hunter tried to reason or maybe apologize for what he had to do.

"Its all right James, go on kill me if you can." Please my heavenly lady do not let me be wrong about this. Blair prayed. And he walked forward towards his lover and James looked like he was ready to arm his bow again.

"I must, I really must, I must kill you, I must kill you, I must love you, Blair." The last words were a broken sob on the hunter's lips as Blair wrapped his arms around him, careful of his wound.

"Shh, its all right, love. I know, I know. Blair said as he tried to soothe his mighty warrior. He heart lifted as he felt strong arms wrap around him as his mighty warrior continued to cry. "Yes love, I have you now, and I do not plan to let you go." He had recovered his love and for that the wound in his shoulder was well worth it.

*******

Shards of crystal shattered on the floor and in the air where she had thrown her mirror. The queen fumed. "What the hell just happened?!!" She screamed at the empty room. She had lost her connection with her most prized possession and she was not happy.

She bled from cuts on her cheeks, caused by the shattered crystal shards but that did not matter, she would get her hunter back and kill the brat, make the hunter watch before she took his mind for a second time. 'Make that brat bleed and suffer before he dies while my lovely hunter watches.' She thought to herself happily.

"My queen are you all right?" Her best servant Lash popped his head into the room, weary of the fallen or rather thrown crystal mirror.

"Yes I am fine, come in for a moment will you Lash, I need your special abilities to help me with something."

"Anything my queen, just name it and it shall be done." Lash said eager to take on any challenge his queen might have for him.

"Please Lash, while we are in this room you may call me by my name, we will be working a lot together and things will go faster this way."

"Yes your highness." He felt invigorated that such a higher power had taking a notice in him and in his abilities to cause pain, to make people suffer without them dying too quickly and they fed his need to cause pain with fresh slaves almost weekly.

"When we are in private conversation you may call me by my name, Alex Barnes. Is that all right with you Lash?" The queen said turning seductive eyes his way.

"Yes madam, I mean Alex." Lash said excitedly.

"You want to please me don't you Lash?" The queen said. Voice laced with honey as she wrapped graceful hands in his hair.

"Anything for you, I will do anything." Lash said melting.

"Kill Blair." The queen said, her voice changing to being laced with smoldered rage as she said his name. "Kill that brat, but do not touch my hunter, stay away from my prized possession or I will make sure that you meet all those slaves you tortured in your next life."

"Yes Alex I understand you completely." Lash said as he coward away a little from the venom in her voice.

"Good go gather your toys, It is time that I let you out to play." The queen smiled a little smile to herself. "You could not die when I told you to boy, so now you will suffer.........."

************

Blair sat in the tent with his back to the door. The healer from the tribe ad removed the arrow and dribbled something strange on it that stung like hell.

He sat in the middle of the tent thinking of all the things that had transpired during the last few days. He had gone from death to life when he had broken through the hunters' fake facade and got his warrior back. He felt James in the tent with him but there was a certain amount of fear and sadness around him.

James sat in the corner of the tent, watching Blair with a face crumpled with fresh woe. What had he done? His gaze stole over the bandage where Blairs' shoulder had been patched up from the arrow wound, from his arrow. He had try to kill his love. Heavens what else had he done? He couldn't remember. All he could remember was darkness and a muffled voice, he couldn't understand what the voice was saying though.

Blair saw the lost look in his lover's eyes as the older man lowered his head into his arms refusing to meet his clear blue eyes. He got up and walked over to his lover and placed warm fingers on the small of his lover's back, stroking soothing circles.

"Shhhhh....... It's all right love, it was not your fault. All the terrible things that have been done were done by her and not by you." Blair soothed.

"But it was done by my own two hands, at least what I can remember, like shooting you with the arrow. I could have killed you and by doing that I would have killed myself too. I wonder how you could love someone like me, someone who tried to kill you. I also wonder if you are really here, my angel heaven sent. My angel that I do not deserve." James shook his head sadly.

Blair pulled the bottom of his lovers tunic over James' head as he stroked his warrior's strong chest. Fingers ghosting over puckering nipples. He bent down to suckle one while one hand played with the other. The other hand twinned in his lover's short hair. He wanted to assure his lover that he was really there, loving him, stroking him. He really did not blame his love, after all it was not him who killed his mother or tried to kill him He moved his mouth to his lover's other nipple as he wrapped his arm around James' waist pulling them both up into a standing position. He hooked his fingers in the waist band on his lover's hose, pulling it down slowly making sure his eyes remained in contact with his lover. He and his lover needed to reaffirm their bond with each other.

He dropped to his knees pulling his lover close to him nuzzling his lover's cock which was starting to fill, he stroked the firm balls that hung low as his lover let out a moan. James moved his hand to twine itself hesitantly into Blair's curls as his young lover licked his erection, then pulled the whole thing into his mouth.

James had to concentrate on staying on his feet as his lover sucked him steadily while twirling pattern on the head of his engorged organ with his tongue.

"Oh, my young prince, I love you so much." James panted.

James moved his hand down reaching under Blair's chin to lift his lover's head to look into wonderfully clear blue eyes. He pulled his lover up feeling a fresh surge of need hit his stomach.

"Can I, can I please make love to you? I need you so bad but if you do not want me I can understand."

"No, I want you in me so bad. Do not ever say that I do not want you because that would never be the truth. I value you, my warrior, more than my own life."

Blair pulled out the vial of oil the healer had giving him upon his request and put it into his lover's hand. Than turned around so his lover could prepare him for what he needed, what they needed, to reaffirm each others love.

James slipped one oil slicked finger inside his lover moving slowly and gently at first until Blair was pushing back on his finger thrusting. He added another one when he felt that Blair was ready, than a third one and Blair was thrusting on his fingers again.

"Need... You.... Now." Blair panted.

"Yes.... Need...You....Also." James gritted his teeth as he pushed his well oiled cock against his lover's opening.

Blair willed himself to relax and his lover was finally able to slip inside him thrusting gently til' his balls rested against his lovers warm behind.

"I love you." James said as he begin to move.

No more words were needed as they move together in perfect harmony. A few grunts, moans and whimpers escaped as they pleasured each other and reconnected their bond.

Rafe sighed as the deep voice whispered sweet nothings in his ear and those strong arms held him tight. He was in heaven. For now everything was safe and everyone he cared about was happy.

BUT FOR HOW LONG?

******

Lash set out to find his new plaything, with ten of the Queen's guards trailing behind him. 'The Queen had given him full reign over everything. He could do anything he wanted as long as he did not touch her precious hunter.' He thought with a hint of sarcasm, 'he's only a man, what could be so important about that stupid hunter anyway?'

He trotted his horse slowly down a hill, trying to make sure none of his toys got dislodged from the saddle. The Queen had given him a very good lead to the whereabouts of the young prince and her precious hunter. He just had to find the Inui tribe that dwelled deep in the forest. She had even given him a map to follow, all he had to do was follow it and collect his prize, a fresh plaything and a handsome bounty from the Queen.

He had walked hours in the hot sun, but when he spotted a tent,enduring the heat of the humid sun in a tent didn't seem so bad. He motioned for his men to follow closely as he dismounted his horse and crept toward the tent, trying not to disturb anything......yet.

*******

Blair rolled over and curled protectively around his lover, he would have to be the strong one until his warrior got back on his feet. His life had just come back to him and he had just become whole again. Maybe he did not have his kingdom, or his mom, but he had his lover. Someone that would be there for him through thick and thin, someone that loved him and would take care of him.

"Blair?" A voice whispered, deep and husky with sleep, but the fear and thepain seemed to have eased.

"I’m right here love do not worry about a thing."

James was silent for a few moments, listening intently at something. "Ja...." Blair tried but the bigger man shushed him by placing a finger over his lips. Whatever was going on was making him uneasy.

James was up instantly when he heard the first tree branch snap on the forest floor under someone's foot. He wasn't going to let them hurt Blair again. He would rather die first before he'd see any more pain done to his love. The smell was the same, the smell of the hunters, he remembered that smell and it made him want to retch.

******

Outside Lash motioned for his men to search the tents, they had found three more since they had come upon the camp. They did but turned up nothing from the other tents. Last but not least they came upon the only tent left in the area.

James pushed Blair into the back corner of the tent and whispered "Stay there, do not do anything until I tell you to."

"No, I want to come with you, I do not wish to be separated from you again. Please do not make me live this nightmare over again. I do not wish to lose you."

"You won't I promise." James swore softly as he pushed the young man into the desired corner. "Now stay there, I will come back for you when I can."

"Hello gentlemen, how can I be of service to you this lovely day?" James said as he exited the tent and came face to face with Lash.

Lash smiled a very relaxed and evil smiled. The queen's special hunter had something up his sleeve but he wasn't going to fall for it. "Take him," he yelled to his men.

******

James was able to take out four of the ten men before the other six brought him to his knees. "I do not know why a fine gentleman like yourself would be tracking through the forest on a hot day like this." James said, his sarcasm dripping from each word.

"James, James are you all right?" Blair said running out of the tent right into the waiting arms of Lash.

"Hello pretty, I just got my prize." Lash said as he caught the younger man's flailing limbs and held them against his sides. "Bring him along." He threw a quick glance at James who was glaring at him with clenched teeth and narrowed eyebrows. They walked and walked until they came across a flowing stream, which they followed up until it became a flowing waterfall off of a steep cliff.

He kissed his new plaything's cheek then pushed him backwards to be held by one of his men. "And just what do I do with you now? The Queen wants you back but I do not really know what is so precious about you, except that you are strong and would be lovely to play with, but she'd just take you from me." He ran his hands up James' strong chest. "The only other option I suppose is to get rid of you and tell her it was an accident." He looked over at the steep cliff and then back at James and smiled. The men holding James brought Jim to the cliff's Edge. "Any last words, my so precious hunter?" Lash mocked.

"Yes I do, I will see you burn in hell, especially if you touch him, maybe not today or the morrow but I will make sure you do sometime soon."

"Hmmm, interesting idea maybe someday you will, after your dead maybe you will come back and haunt me, booo." Lash said laughing as he went back and wrapped his arms around Blair. "Say good-bye pretty one. No, no do not cry, he will go to heaven and you will join him soon, just after I get through playing with you." Lash kissed Blair's trembling lips as he wiped the glistening tears away. "Do it."

James mouthed 'I love you,' to Blair as he was pushed over the edge. If the fall did not kill him, then jagged rocks below would.

Blair's last thread on sanity snapped and he found himself screaming. "Noooooooooo, JAMESSS!!!!!", before he slipped into the dark folds of unconsciousness and his world shattered into a million pieces again.

CINDERS 11

James mouthed 'I love you,' to Blair as he was pushed over the edge. If the fall did not kill him, then jagged rocks below would.

Blair's last thread on sanity snapped and he found himself screaming. "Noooooooooo, JAMESSS!!!!!", before he slipped into the dark folds of unconsciousness and his world shattered into a million pieces again.

"Come on men, nothing more to be seen here, he will never be able to save himself from that." Lash said as he and his men made their way back to their horses with an unconscious Blair in tow.

James tried his best to slow himself down, he spread himself flat and stretched his arms and legs outward but he still fell at a rapid speed. He closed his eyes, sent a prayer for his love's safety heavenwards and waited for his death to come.

He landed sooner then he thought he would, but instead of falling on the jagged rocks below he landed on something soft and feathery with an oof. He didn't open his eyes though, he just wrapped himself around whatever he was on and held on tight.

The creature flew to a large field then landed, knocking James onto the soft dirt in the process. James stood up wiping the dirt from his clothes and looked at the creature that had just saved his life. A giant crow stared back at him and cawed. "Ahh, nice birdie?" The bird cawed at him again, then it started to glow, it's form shrinking and twisting, James had to turn away from the brightness. When he could look again, instead of finding the crow he saw a human man in it's place.

"Lord, lord, lord, lord."

Both men turned to the sound of the other voice.

Rafe wrapped himself around the newly formed human and held on tight. "Lord please you must help me, I cannot find H, he disappeared right before those mongrels attacked our camp, help me find him lord Simon." The smaller man wept.

Lord Simon stroked the soft hair and held the young man close. "Shhhhhh Rafe, we will find him, it will be all right you will see." Then he looked at James and glared. "You......."

James backed up a little, sensing a hint of venom in the air.

Lord Simon begin again, "You caused this, brought this to our camps and killed some of our people."

"No," Rafe whimpered.

"Hush little one", he turned back to James. " I should kill you right now for the pain you have brought upon us."

"No, you won't though."

"What? I won't?"

"No you won't, you could have just let me fall to my death if you wanted me dead. That would have been a whole lot easier." James surveyed the man in front of him, his dark skin radiated power, James could see that where he used his hands and stealth as his strength, the other man used his magic.

"You are the only one that can save the little prince, after that is done I will put you back where I got you from."

The two bigger men glared daggers at each other and it wasn't until Rafe started to cry and beg to go and find his lost friend that the men ceased their argument and started to work together.

"We might as well work together for now hunter but mark my words, as soon as this is through, you are going back to where I found you."

The three men set out to find their fallen comrades, all the while planning a special meeting with Lash.

PART 12 SOON