Boom?

Author: Selena

Fandom: The Sentinel

Rating: G

Pairing: None

Email: kennedy_bowman@yahoo.co.uk

Archive: If you want

Summery: Blair a bus and an overreactive Jim


Boom
by Selena


“It is still unknown why these young men set the bombs. Was it all some elaborate college prank or something else more deadly? The men who cannot be named for legal reasons are being held over without bail. Be sure to watch our hour long special on the events of the day that brought cascade to a standstill, tonight at eight. I’m Don Hass for KCDE news, good night.”

Jim flicked off the set after the news report ended, throwing the remote on the table.

“It’s been a long day, chief. I don’t think that I can work up the will to cook. What’s say we eat out?”

Blair looked up from where he was sitting on the coach, curled up in the soft afghan. “Aww, Jim. I wanted to watch the special report.”

Jim threw Blair’s jacket over to him as he shrugged on his own. “I told you what happened. Hell, you know what happened. You were there.”

“No, Jim. You were there. I was stuck on a bus all day in the mother of all traffic jams. Not knowing what the hell was going on. Until, that is, you come barging on board, pick me up and carry me off like I was a child.” Blair glared at Jim, eyes blazing. Jim looked at the floor, cheeks coloring.

“Ok, so you’re still a little mad about that. I said I was sorry. I was worried.” Jim lamented

“And I suppose asking if I was alright was out of the question? But no, you have to instantly overreact.”

“Chief, I said I was sorry.”

“You can keep saying it.” Blair said as he rose from the sofa. “And you can buy me dinner. God, you know Jim, you really can’t trust me to not be right in the middle of some life or death deal.”

“Well, given your track record . . . . “

“That has nothing to do with it!”

“Yes chief, I think it does. And you were right on top of one of the bombs.”

“It was a dud!”

“It doesn’t matter” Jim went to open the door, but stopped short and turned to look at Blair “Seriously, Chief. You were the first thing I thought of when we got the call from that nutcase. And when I couldn’t get through to you on your cell, well I thought the worst. I don’t know what I would do if anything ever happened to you.”

“Wow, man. That’s sweet.”

“But if you ever leave your cell turned off again, I will kill you. Got it?”

It was Blair’s turn to blush “Ok, chill out, Jim. I got it. Now where do you want to eat?”

“I was thinking Wonder Burger.”

“No, Jim. Please!”

“Hey, I’m paying!”


THE END