TITLE: The Blood of the Jaguar

AUTHOR: Stormwolf Dawn

RATING: NC-17 First Times

PAIRING: J/B

WARNINGS: violence, blood letting

SUMMARY: Jim and Blair discover a horrifying aspect of the Sentinel's powers.

NOTES: This one will be short. I am hoping no more than five posts should finish it. And I actually do know where this one is going, and how it will end.

 

BLOOD OF THE JAGUAR

By Stormwolf Dawn

Moving silently on padded feet, the predator watched its prey moving before him. Clumsy, slow, without any armor or claws to protect it, the prey would be easy to take down. The predator tensed its muscles, readying for the leap.

The prey struggled, the predator laughed inwardly and swiped a clawed paw over the creature's face. A piercing scream made the predator flinch.

Shouts and footsteps splashing through puddles and running on sidewalk reached the predator's ears. Angry because he could not finish of his prey, the predator leaped away from the oncoming pack. Light flashed upon his body, and the predator could smell the fear emanating from the pack beasts that his prey belonged to. Laughing inwardly, the predator leaped into the night, his black furred coat blending with the shadows.

Jim Ellison came awake with a start. *Strange dream.* He thought to himself as he shook of the last vestiges of the nightmare. Yawning, Jim stood up, and padded downstairs wearing only his boxers. Still a bit sleepy, his senses were dulled down a bit, so Jim was surprised when his roommate looked up from the computer scream, and turned pale, eyes wide.

"My God, Jim. What happened!" BLair practically shouted, leaping up from his chair to go to his sentinel.

Confused Jim followed Blair's sight to his hairless chest. Splattered across his broad chest was dried blood.

Jim never felt Blair touch his chest, because his enhanced sight focused on the blood, and the sentinel zoned.

"Jim, man. Come back man. Follow my voice. Its alright, come on." Blair's voice finally reached through to the zoned sentinel, and Jim blinked, and ook in a deep shuddering breath.

Before him, Blair was holding a washcloth soaked with the dried blood that he had cleaned from his sentinel's chest while he had used his voice to bring Jim back to reality.

"Its not your blood. Where did it come from?" Blair asked.

Jim shrugged, the dream fresh in his mind, but he refused to acknowledge it, "I don't know" He lied.

Blair looked at him, and Jim wasn't sure his guide was buying it.

"Okay, Jim." Blair said finally.

Trying to change the subject, Jim asked, "Are you coming in with me today?"

Blair gave him a look that said, 'I know what your trying to do', but the guide let it slide and answered, "Yay, but I have a class this afternoon, so could you drop me off?"

"Sure, no problem."

***********

They were just barely in the door when Simon hollered for them.

Jim and Blair walked into the Captain's office.

"You bellowed, sir?" Jim asked as Blair shut the door behind them.

Simon gave Jim a look that said, 'I am not amused.' "The mayor's daughter was attacked last night by what witnesses described as a large black cat. A veterinarian looked over the wounds and suggested that it was a jaguar. Before you ask there has been no jaguars reported missing from the zoo."

"A private collector?" Blair asked.

"That's what the mayor thinks. He wants whoever it is shut down. So of course he called the Commissioner, who called the Chief, who called me at 1:30 this morning. Guess who has the case?" Simon said with a smile.

Jim groaned, "Now I know the mayor hates me."

"How's his daughter?" Blair asked.

"Some scratches on her face and neck, but nothing life threatening. Animal Control is looking for the jaguar. YOu guys are looking for the owner."

"Great." Jim mumbled rolling his eyes, taking the file from Simon.

Simon dismissed them with a wave of his hand.

They sat down at Jim's desk, and the sentinel opened the case file.

Jim stared at the picture of the girl, and caught himself from slipping into another zone. /Two zones in one day. Blair will have a fit./

"Jim. Jim, what's the matter?" Blair asked the concern in his voice apparent.

"Nothing, Chief. Just thinking that its kind of strange that its a jaguar. You know."

"Yeah, but I am pretty sure its not your spirit guide behind the attacks." Blair laughed.

Jim wasn't so sure.

*****

Jim dropped off Blair at the University later on in the afternoon. They had visited the crime scene earlier, and the alley brought back the strange dream. It took all of Jim's willpower not to show his fear to Blair.

"I'll come pick you up after class, chief. I am going to finish the reports on the Calaviche case." Jim said, and Blair had nodded.

When class was over, Blair walked to his office. Two students waylaid him and asked about possible extensions on their reports. Blair had said no since both of them were jocks who had already had two extensions on the reports as it was. He hated when football scholarship jocks thought that Anthro 101 would be an easy class.

In his office, a box was waiting for him. Blair looked at the return address.

"Oh, wow!" He exclaimed.

"Oh, wow, what, Chief?" Jim asked as he came intot he office.

"Charlie Ward sent this box to me!" Blair said excitedly.

"Who's Charlie Ward?" the sentinel asked.

"One of Naomi's 'freinds' from a long time ago. Ward is bilionaire."

"Then why did Naomi hook up with him."

"Well, Ward may be a billionair, but he's an eccentric billionaire. He protested in the sixties, gives his money to chairities like Greenpeace, and Amnesty International. He lives modestly in an apartment in Rome. He's also a PHD in Archeology, and two B.A.'s, one in Anthropology, and another in Classical Languages. He's always interested in new things, and he sends Naomi to these places, and gets her to tell him all about them. He was confined to a wheelchair years ago due to a car accident."

"So that's how Naomi is able to afford to travel around."

"Yep, Charlie says he lives through her experiences, and doesn't regret the loss of his legs. He also gets me to e-mail him about my adventures as well. He's been behind me on my sentinel project, even when other places wouldn't listen to me."

"So what's in the box?" Jim asked suddenly a bit curious.

"Oh, I don't know." Blair said with a laugh then began to open the box.

Inside the box was an old leatherbound book. Jim didn't recognize the writing. Beneath the book was another old book, but not nearly as old.

Blair picked up the letter that was stuffed away in the book and read allowed...

*Blair my boy. One of my researcher's found this book stuffed away in Berlin. Its Old German, which I know you can't read. But the other book will help in translations. There were a few refernces to Sentinels, and though I am dying to know the contents, I figured you would find it more interesting.

E-mail me about it!

Charlie

"Oh man! This is so exciting. I have definitly got to start translating this thing." Blair said excitingly, practically bouncing off the walls.

"Calm down, Chief. Pack it up and let's go home. You can translate it their in relative comfort. And I am hungry."

"Okay, but let's stop for Chinese or something. i don't feel like cooking."

Jim rolled his eyes knowing why Blair didn't feel like cooking.

The stopped for Japanese instead, and Jim got himself the shrimp and hibachi steak along with fried rice. Blair opted for the shrimp and rice.

******

Jim walked out of the bathroom wearing only a pair of red plaid boxers rubbing a towel over his wet head. He looked over at Blair who was deeply engrossed in translating the book sent by his friend.

"Blair are you going to stay up all night?" Jim asked as he placed the wet towel in the hamper, and walked over to the kitchen.

"What..oh. Sorry, Jim. No. I hadn't planned on it. Its just this is so fascinating."

"What have you come up with so far?" Jim asked pouring himself a glass of orange juice.

"So far just stuff that Burton had talked about. How sentinels needed someone to guide them and watch their back. This guy though actually calls them guides and suggests that their is a bond between sentinel and guide. Its awesome!"

Jim smiled at his guide's enthusiasm, then downed his OJ. "Just don't stay up to late. I am going to bed."

"Oh, okay. Goodnite Jim." Blair said rather absently, his nose already back into the book.

Jim smiled and shook his head as he climbed the stairs to his loft bedroom.

************

The predator moved sinuously down the strange tree. Scent assaulted his nostrils, and his sight caught the movement. sight and scent told him the creature slumbering before him was Not Prey. The predator watched the creature as it slept, unaware of the deadly predator so very near to it. The Not Prey's chest rose and fell, and its curly chestnut fur obscured its face.

The predator was hungry, and turned away from the Not Prey, and managed to paw open the strange cave's entrance.

Out into the night the predator stalked, searching for prey to appease its hunger. In a place of grass and trees, the predator killed to birds, but the food was not enough to kill its hunger.

Then he caught scent of prey. His senses told him that it was the same kind of prey he had hunted the night before.

He stalked and leaped. The prey cried out, but fought back. The predator was undeterred, and managed to rip open the beast's back leg with his claws. A loud sound followed by the scent of fire, and smoke, and a searing pain in his neck, brought the predator up short. He turned to see another of the pack beasts that smelled of the fire and smoke. Another loud sound accompanied more searing pain in his foreleg.

Howling in pain, the predator leaped away into the night away from the fire.

**********

The sound of the telephone ringing brought Blair to awakefullness. Sitting up, the anthropologist rubbed his eyes, then looked around for the phone. Finding it, Blair picked up the receiver.

"Hello." Blair said.

"Blair." A voice said weakly.

"Jim?" Blair said confused.

"Blair, help me."

"What's going on? Where are you, Jim? Are you hurt?" Blair's voice filled with concern as he spoke.

"I'm down near the park. Please come get me, and bring some clothes." Then Jim hung up.

Blair drove to the park. There were police cars everywhere, but Blair didn't see Jim. He was about to get out of the Volvo when Jim suddenly opened the passenger door and got in.

Blair stared at Jim, his eyes wide.

The sentinel was wearing only the boxers he had slept in. Jim was holding a bloody cloth over his neck, and blood leaked from a wound on his arm.

"Shit! What happened to you.!" Blair said starting up the Volvo. "We've got to get you to hospital!"

"No!" Jim said in a firm tone, "No hospitals."

"Are you kidding. Your bleeding. Did you sleepwalk? Did someone kidnap you from the loft?" Blair asked as he pulled the Volvo away from the park.

Jim shook his head, "i don't know what happened. I woke up under some bushes, bleeding. I heard the police sirens, and managed to hear that the jaguar had attacked someone last night. A patrol officer shot the jaguar twice, but the animal managed to slip away."

Blair looked at Jim, trying to figure out if Jim was saying what he thought Jim was saying.

"You think your the jaguar." Blair whispered.

******

Blair applied the last dressing on the bullet grazes on Jim's neck and arm. Luckily the bullets had not hit any major arteries, but Blair was still trying to convince Jim to go the the hospital.

"I can't, Chief. And that's final." Jim said.

Blair sighed. "If your not going to go to the hospital, then we need to talk."

"No. No amount of talking is going to help. You need to find out why this is happening and stop it. I don't care how you do it." Jim practically shouted.

"Oh yeah, I just wave my magic wand and you quit turning into your spirit guide." Blair said sarcastically.

Jim glowered at him. "What about the book. Is there anything in it about this?"

"I only got a little further last night after you went to bed. I did find out that all guides are male. That kinda threw me for a loop. I mean if sentinels could be male and female, why can't guides." Blair said, but trailed off as the sentence brought back memories.

"What's that got to do with anything. So the guides are male. Its probably just a cultural thing. You know. Women only being housewives or something."

"Its possible. But I haven't found anything to suggest that you and your spirit guide become one."

"Luckily I'm off today. I've got to go buy some things. YOu stay here and try to translate the book."

"What are you going to buy?"

"Don't worry about it. Do we need any food while I'm out?"

"Uh, yeah. Some milk, I think. And bring back some lunch."

"Fine. Mexican sound good."

"Yeah. Fine."

Jim dressed quickly, then left the loft. Blair watched him go wondering what Jim was planning. Then he turned his attention to the book, hoping against hope that the answers would be found in there.

Three hours later, Jim returned. He came in with two bags under his arm, and a sack of food in his hands. Blair stood up to help Jim, taking one of the sacks. He read on the side of the sack, 'Pets Plus'. *Huh*, Blair thought. He sat the sack down on the counter which made a suspicious rattling sound.

"Uh, Jim. why did you buy some stuff from a pet store?"

"Because its the only place you can buy the stuff I needed." Jim answered setting the other bag down, and placing the sack of Mexican meals on the table.

Curiosity overcame the guide, and he peered into the sack. Reaching in he pulled out a thick heavy chain, and three padlocks.

"Something you want to tell me big guy?" Blair asked.

Jim took the items from Blair. "I can't allow myself to hurt someone else, Chief. so tonight, I'm going to chain myself to the rails."

Blair looked at him incredulously. "You can't be serious!"

"Deadly serious. I've already attacked two people. They are lucky to be alive. I can't take the chance that the next person will end up dead. That's why you have to finish translating the book. Have you found anything?"

"A bit more. I think the answers are in there though. I find some reference to shapeshifting, but nothing concrete, yet."

"Alright. Let's eat. You can finish translating later. Now that we know what's happening, I can prepare for it."

Blair nodded. They sat down at the table and ate their enchiladas, rice and beans silently.

After dinner, Jim washed the silverware they had used, while Blair went back to translating the book. It was a long and difficult process, and Blair was still only on the first fifteen pages.

When Jim was finished with the dishes, he took the bags upstairs.

Blair could hear rattling of chains, and a few curses coming from the sentinel, then finally, Jim came down the stairs and turned on the TV with the volume down low.

While Jim watched the news, Blair continued his translating.

The next nine pages revealed little that Blair did not already know, however there was some training techniques that Blair found fascinating. But nothing on the shapeshifting ability.

That night, Jim went upstairs after taking his shower. Blair followed him up into Jim's room. Lying on t he bed was a chain harness that Jim immediately padlocked around his chest and waist. The long thick chain Blair had found was padlocked to it, and the other end was padlocked tot he metal railing.

Blair didn't bother to ask Jim if the sentinel thought it was necessary. Two injured people were enough for the sentinel to believe it necessary.

Jim never said anything to Blair, and the guide left the sentinel upstairs, and went back to translating the book while drinking one of his teas.

Sometime later Blair was awakened by a cat's scream, and the guide immediately jumped up and went upstairs. On Jim's bed was a large black jaguar, growling and hissing while fight the chain harness that locked him to the railing. The beast snarled at Blair, and the guide wisely kept out of reach. The chain appeared to be holding, and Blair decided to leave the jaguar to its own devices.

Sometime later the cat settled down, and stopped growling and snarling. Blair, too awake to sleep, went back to reading and translating.

An hour later, Blair came up for air with a feeling of dread. the cure was in the book. It was there, in black and white. The reasons for Jim's transformation, and the cure as well.

"What is that old saying." Blair said to himself, "The cure is worse than the disease."

*****

Blair had a hard time sleeping the rest of the night. He tossed and turned on his bed, his thoughts going constantly back to the knowledge he had obtained in the book. *This is bad, * he thought, *very bad. How do I tell Jim. How am I supposed to do that!*

Eventually pure exhaustion won over, and Blair slept.

Morning found Blair rolling sleepily out of his bed. He walked out of his room int time to see Jim coming down the stairs. Blair stared at Jim in shock.

The sentinel only wore a pair of blue silk boxers, and his chest bore red marks across his waist and shoulders were the chain harness had chaffed him while he had fought to free himself while in jaguar form.

"Dammit Jim, why didn't you get something padded instead of the chain?" Blair demanded.

"Because I wasn't sure if the padded stuff would hold. And anyway its only a few chafe marks. Big deal." He shrugged and went to the fridge to begin making breakfast.

Blair sat down at the table and watched Jim make eggs, bacon and toast.

"So did you find out anything last night?" Jim asked.

Blair took a slow swallow of his eggs, then looked at Jim, "Yeah, I did." He answered solemnly.

"So there's a cure?"

"Yeah."

"Well..."

"Jim this is going to be complicated. Let me say this, and please don't interrupt."

"Alright, Chief. We have all day. I don't have to be in today. I called Simon, and told him I was sick."

"According to the book, all guides were male. It wasn't a cultural thing, it was a genetic thing. I guess it was a sex-linked trait, like baldness. According to the book, all sentinels, male and female, were kept...virginal till they were paired with a guide."

Jim looked at Blair strangely. "Are you saying that I am turning into a jaguar because I wasn't a virgin when we became partners.'

"No, that's not it. Apparently this shapeshifting ability is one of many abilities you received when we initiated the bond."

"If that's true then why am I just beginning to transform?"

"Because we didn't initiate the bond until...the fountain."

"I don't get it."

"A sentinel initiates the bond by imprinting his guide on his senses. Before the fountain you imprinted me on four of your senses. You could hear my voice and heartbeat, smell my scent, see me, and touch me."

"But when I performed mouth to mouth, I then imprinted your 'taste' on my tastebuds. Yeah, I remember. I also remember that you had had an onion and bologna sandwich, and one of your algae shakes." Jim smiled at that trying to banish the memories of seeing his friend and guide dead in the fountain.

"Yeah, and apparently that initiated the bond. and your other abilities began to surface. But to control the jaguar we need to finish the bond."

"How?"

"This is the hard part, and I really can't see this happening."

"So what do we do?"

Blair hesitated then looked straight at Jim, "Sentinels were kept virgins for one reason and one reason only. To complete the bond between sentinel and guide, the guide had to take his sentinel sexually and make them bleed their virgin blood."

Jim choked on his eggs.

******************

Blair pounded on Jim's back as the sentinel choked up the scrambled eggs he had been eating. When Jim recovered enough to speak, he turned and looked at his guide. "You're joking right?"

Sadly, Blair shook his head. "I wish I were. The book describes the entire ceremony." Blair walked over to the coffee table where the book, and the translator book set. He picked up the book and flipped to a page, and showed it to Jim.

On the page was a tribal sign that looked familiar to Jim. "what is it?" Jim asked.

"Apparently its the universal sign for a sentinel. It was on the Temple in a few places. As part of the bonding ritual, the guide is supposed to tattoo the symbol on his sentinel's...ere...posterior."

Jim looked at Blair with disbelief, but his face changed as memory surged forward. "Incacha used to paint that symbol on me. Every day. He said that it was to identify me to the tribe. The chief wanted Incacha to bond to me, but he refused saying that I belonged to the wolf. I never did understand what that meant until now."

"Did he ever tell you anything about the bonding?" Blair asked.

"Not that I can remember." Suddenly Jim stood up and began to pace the room. "This is crazy." Jim mumbled.

"I don't know what to do. I finished the book. It didn't mention any other way to stop it."

"Then we do what we need to do, Chief. Do you need to get some supplies?"

Blair was so shocked about Jim's matter of fact statement that it took him a few seconds to register the question. "Oh, uh yeah. I'll need a tattoo gun, and some herbs, and..."

"Don't list it, Chief. I really don't want to know." Jim interrupted.

"Oh, okay. Sorry."

"Don't be, Chief. Its not your fault. You didn't cause this."

Blair nodded. Jim walked over digging his wallet out of his back pocket. He handed Blair his VISA card. "Here get what you need."

Blair took the card, and then grabbed his keys from the basket by the door. With one last look, Blair left the loft.

Three hours later, Blair came back to find Jim sitting on the couch watching ESPN. Blair set the plastic bags down onto he counter. Jim looked at him. "Did you get everything you needed?" Jim asked.

"Yeah." Blair answered as he dug through the bags. "Luckily I know how to use a tattoo gun. An old girlfriend of mine showed me how. She could do tattoos, but she didn't like having them. I got to be pretty good at it if I do say so myself."

Jim chuckled at that.

"Now what do we need to do?"

Blair hesitated then pulled out an enema kit. "Uh, you need to.um," Blair tried to explain embarrassed.

Jim took the kit, "Yeah, I get it. Then what?"

"Um, take shower, and clean yourself with this." He handed Jim a bottle of Herbal body wash.

"I had to improvise. We don't have a hot spring around here, and there are no warriors to clean you, unless you want me to call Simon and the guys."

"Not really, Chief, but if it screws up the ritual too much where it won't work..."

"No, I don't think it will. From what I could tell it was just a formality. Each tribe had different ways of doing the first part of the ceremony, but the second part is the same for every tribe. Oh, and you have to shave."

"I will." Jim said running a hand across his face.

"Well, your face to, but you need to shave your uh pubic hair."

Jim nodded, and took the supplies into the bathroom.

While Jim showered, Blair sat up the rest of the ceremony in the living room. He moved the couches, and table to gain some space. In a circle on the floor he placed vanilla candles, and incense burners, and lit them. In the middle of the circle he placed a blanket, and beside the blanket he put down the tattoo gun, and other items he had bought for the ceremony. Sometime later, Jim walked out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

Blair hated to ask, but he needed to know, "Did you...um..use the enema kit?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Jim answered, his ears turning a bit pink. "Now what?"

Blair lowered his head embarrasses, "I need you to remove the towel and get in the center of the circle on your hands and knees."

Jim took a deep breath, then removed the towel. Blair tried not to stare. After all he had seen Jim naked before, on the rig. Somehow, though, this situation was more erotic.

"I'm glad you know how to do this." Jim said suddenly.

Blair knew what Jim was referring to. Blair had told Jim four weeks after he moved in that he was bisexual hoping that Jim didn't throw him out. The Sentinel had taken it in stride, and had not kicked the guide out of the Loft.

"Yeah, unfortunately I have to do everything wrong to do it right this time."

Jim stepped into he circle, dropping to his knees, then looked at Blair in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Well, normally I would stretch your uh...anus." *What is wrong with me. I've been with guys many times before, and normally always top. Why am I getting flustered now?* He thought, *Because this is Jim. Mr. 'straight as an arrow'. Because this is wrong. Jim's not Bi, he's not gay. He's a virgin who never even thought of being with a man. And now for his first time he has to bleed. Oh god, this is just so wrong.*

"You still with me, Chief?" Jim asked. Blair could hear the nervousness in the Sentinel's voice.

"Um, yeah. What was I saying."

"Your were telling me why this is wrong."

"Um, yeah. Well like I said normally I would stretch your anus and use lots and lots of lube, but according to the book you have to...b...bleed, and so I am going to have to do it, " He swallowed nervously, "dry." The last word came out of his throat like a croak.

Jim went to his hands and knees as Blair spoke. "Oh." Was all he said.

"But I am not going to do it completely dry. I have an antibiotic ointment that I'll use. This way it can serve a double purpose. I just can't use a lot of it."

Jim nodded. "Just tell me what your going to do, okay, Chief."

"Alright. Well first some tribal music." Using the remote he turned on he CD. From the speakers, soft drums pounded in rhythm. "Now, I am going to rub this nut oil over your body." He cleared his throat, "Uh, I am going to have to cover everything."

"Don't worry about it, just do what you have to do."

Blair nodded, and poured some of the oil into his hands, then rubbed them together. He started at Jim's shoulders, rubbing in circular motions. At the first touch, Jim flinched, and when Blair would have taken his hands away, Jim had told him to continue. Gulping, Blair had proceeded to do just that, rubbing the oil onto Jim's light colored skin. He moved form the shoulders down to the firm buttocks. Rubbing the oil into the cheeks, Jim moved his hands down Jim's thighs, avoiding the ball sack and flaccid penis that hung between his legs. Once he finished with Jim's feet, he started back on the shoulders and moved down each arm. To keep the sentinel from zoning on his touch, he talked in a sentinel soft voice. When he finished with each arm, he gently pushed Jim up onto his knees, and began on the sentinel's neck and chest down to the flat and muscled abdomen. His hands moved lower over the freshly shaven skin to the flaccid penis. Blair rubbed the oil onto the member which never stirred beneath his touch. Disappointed, but not allowing it to show, Blair finished up rubbing the oil onto the testicles. When he was done, He used his voice to guide the sentinel back onto his hands and knees.

Wiping his hands on a towel, Blair then picked up the tattoo gun. "Jim, turn your pain dial down to about a two."

The sentinel obeyed, and then jumped slightly when Blair turned the gun on. The vibration whirred in his ears, and then Jim felt the first sting on his left buttock cheek.

Blair tattooed the design from the book carefully. He could feel Jim tensing up beneath him, and absently Blair rubbed his other hand soothingly over the sentinel's back as he drew.

When it was done, Blair wiped of the trickled of blood with a towel.

Jim released a breath with a hiss.

Patting Jim's back soothingly Blair whispered, "Its almost done, Jim. Just a little longer."

Jim nodded his head, and Blair stood up and began to remove his clothes. When the anthropologist was naked, his penis swollen, hard, and leaking, he placed his clothes outside the circle, then sat crosslegged behind Jim. In half lotus position, Blair breathed deeply the scent of the incense and the candles, trying not to stare at the white globes before him.

Jim shivered, but not from the cold. He had seen Blair's leaking hard cock, and felt a shiver of fear surge though him. His mind screamed at him to stop this, but Jim could not let the beast win. He could not allow it to come forth again and possibly kill someone. Taking deep breathes Jim tried to calm himself down.

Blair watched Jim shiver and his eyes misted up in tears.

"Finish it, Blair." Jim said.

Blair reached over and picked up the antibiotic cream. He smeared some on the head of his cock.

*I can't be doing this...oh god, what am I doing..."

*************

Blair finished smearing the antibiotic cream on the head of his cock. He smeared some on one of his fingers, then slowly moved the finger toward Jim.

At the first touch of his guide's finger against his anus, the sentinel flinched. It was enough.

Standing up quickly, Blair threw down the bottle of cream, "I can't do this! It isn't right, or fair! Dammit!"

"Blair do you want me to spend the rest of my life chaining myself up at night. Should I go out and get a kennel? Maybe a some food and water bowls? A collar?" Jim said not moving from his position in the circle.

Blair looked at his sentinel. Blair cock had deflated at the flinch, and was now just barely half hard. "You don't play fair, Jim."

"When it comes down to life and death, no I don't. If we don't do this, I will be forced to make sure that I don't harm anyone ever again."

Blair wiped the tears from his eyes and face.

"Alright. Dammit, what if I hurt you to badly. How are you going to explain that to the doctor."

"I'll just say my boyfriend got to rough."

Blair's heart clenched. He had always hoped to hear Jim call him his boyfriend. *A fantasy, Blair. After today, Jim won't ever let you touch him that way again.* Blair thought to himself as he moved back into the circle and picked up the antibiotic ointment. Squeezing some more out onto his finger, Blair then rubbed his finger over Jim's opening, ignoring the flinches from Jim, but inside each flinch was like a stab to his heart.

"I need you to spread your legs wider, Jim." Blair whispered, and the sentinel complied.

Wishing he could do it right, and put his finger inside Jim and stretch the sentinel, Blair finished smearing the cream on the outside. The book was explicit. NO penetration except for his guide's cock.

Tears leaking from his eyes, falling down his face, Blair stood up on his knees, gripping Jim's butt cheeks with his hands spreading them to reveal the small virgin opening to Jim's body. He aligned the head of his cock against Jim's anus. The sentinel squeezed his eyes shut, and gritted his teeth.

Blair rubbed a hand over Jim's back, and began to talk in his best guide voice. "Jim, you have to relax now. Relax your muscles. It will hurt worse if you don't relax."

The sentinel listened to his guide, and his body obeyed, relaxing as much as he could.

When Blair felt that Jim was relaxed enough, the guide took a deep breath, then exhaled slowly. He pushed forward with his hips, his cock pushing inside Jim. Unexpectedly, the sentinel cried out in pain, and Blair's own cry of anguish at the sound of pain in his partner's voice echoed with Jim's. But the guide continued to push forward into the tight rectum, until he was inside to the hilt, and his balls rested against Jim's ass. The tunnel squeezed against Blair's cock almost painfully, trying its best to expel the foreign object. Blair saw blood trickling out of the hole and down Jim's thighs. Closing his eyes against the sight, Blair withdrew to the head, then plunged in again, then again. Each time he could hear Jim's whimper of pain.

The passage was so tight that after five thrusts, Blair came deep inside Jim. Blair cried out, from the orgasm, from the pain in his heart. When his cock had softened, Blair slipped himself from Jim's body, and the sentinel collapsed onto the floor, crying softly. Blair looked at his softened cock covered in Jim's virgin blood. Turning his eyes from it, Blair went over to Jim talking softly, reaching out, hesitant to touch the trembling sentinel.

But Jim, sensing his guide near, turned and wrapped his arms around Blair, ear pressed to Blair's chest, the familiar heartbeat loud and strong in his ears.

Blair petted Jim's short brown hair softly, whispering in his guide voice to soothe the agitated sentinel as Jim cried softly into Blair's chest.

Time passed, Blair wasn't sure how long. The bleeding had stopped, and the blood on Blair's cock, and Jim's thighs and ass had dried.

The sentinel had stopped crying and only held onto Blair.

"I had hoped our first time would have been wonderful." Jim said surprising the hell out of Blair.

"What?" Blair asked unsure if he had heard correctly.

"I wanted to tell you. I was to afraid. I went through forty years of my life knowing I was straight, and this past year questioning it." Jim continued.

"Oh, god. I don't know what to say." Blair said shocked.

"Say you'll stay with me. Help me to believe it could be better than this."

"I'll never leave, Jim. I promise you that. And I will help you. I'll show you how good it can be. We'll go slow, I promise."

Jim nodded, then pulled his head from Blair's chest, and leaned up, his lips touching his guide's. Blair welcomed the kiss and returned it. His mouth opened, and touch Jim's lips which opened to accept the intruder. Blair's taste filled the sentinel's mouth.

When they pulled apart, Jim smiled at Blair who smiled back.

"Jim, I need to check."

"It's alright, Blair. I can feel it. Its just a small tear, long but small. I won't need any stitches, but I'll have to be careful."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am sure."

"Alright. We need to get cleaned up. I bought another enema kit. You'll need to clean yourself good to prevent infection."

Jim nodded and the two of them went into the bathroom.

Later that night, Blair lay on Jim's bed watching the sentinel sleep. Jim had placed the harness on himself, wanting to be sure that he wouldn't change again. Blair himself lay on his side. It had been an hours since Jim had fallen asleep.

Suddenly Blair saw the glow over Jim's body, and when it was gone, a black jaguar lay in Jim's place. However, the jaguar did not fight the chain or growl. Instead it stood up and looked at Blair with Jim's blue eyes, and Blair saw the recognition in the blue depths. And Blair knew the ritual had worked. Jim had the ability to shift, but kept his human mind in the jaguar body. Jim licked Blair's face, and Blair laughed. Blair removed the harness from the jaguar, and the big black cat lay back down on the bed, and Blair wrapped an arm over the furry body. The glow returned, and Jim was back in his human body. He snuggled up against his guide's chest and slept peacefully in his lover's arms.

THE END