Interview III: Another Fine Mess!

Fandom: The Sentinel

Author: Jane Streeter

Pairing: J/B

Rating: G

No warnings or spoilers.

Summary: Jim and Blair have just been shanghaied by a woman who knows what each man is without having to be told, and who carts them off without a by-your-leave to a Shaman Circle in the Cascade Natl. Forest.

Disclaimer: I haven't made no dough on it, nor any money, either. However, if you think you want to stand up in court, in PUBLIC, and be told THERE that S.S.I., Food stamps, AND Medicaid are all federal programs of which the benefits are Non-Transferable, and thereby make a total ass out of not only yourself but your legal department, AND the board of directors... be my guest. This is something I'd LOVE to get to watch! (I'm equally certain that any cops in or near the courtroom would be equally entertained!)


Another Fine Mess!
by Jane Streeter

"Hey, you two: We're here. Are ya gonna snap out of it any time soon?"

~ no answer ~

"Hmmm. Better get reinforcements." She looked several men who were approaching and grinned. "Just blindsided a Pair. They're still in shock and I don't know what animals look after these two lil
darlings. Mind asking for their critters to assume control of their charges so we can get on with this?" She asked the Shaman Circle.

"They come. You could have been more gentle with them, though."

"Not really, this particular sentinel is stub-born-as-hell. It was a lot easier just to rock the boat and get them to the Circle while they were still reeling from shock."

One man's lips twitched as he fought a smile. "Your methods have always been direct and to the point."

"Hey, they work, don't they?" She chortled. "I'll let you lads do the soothing but cryptic stuff." She watched a Wolf and a Jaguar wrap themselves around the pair of stunned men." "Ah, the Keepers have arrived to insure the sanity of the kept." She grinned and headed for the house.

"Where are you going now?"

"To get my dinner of course. Where else?" She paused to answer the Cheyenne Shaman.

"Damned kids!"

"O.o., what have the little ones been up to this time?" She grinned, considered the youngest Sentinel/Guide Pairing and chuckled. "Chill, I'm gonna let these two take'em home and raise 'em. Once you're bunch gets that young Shaman trained properly, that is."

"That's cruel." A Souix Shaman grinned at her.

"These two haven't been online long enough to handle the Terrible Two!" Another from the Congo protested.

"So, you get them geared to do so." She chuckled. "The Sentinel is a police officer, I think the Cascade PD has programs in place to assist in such matters!" She smiled at the looks of relief on the faces of all twenty-five shamen, and actually laughed at the Panther and the Wolf's expressions of utter dismay as a skunk and a raccoon appeared and sat looking at them expectantly.

Two minutes later a pair of paint covered, ash-smeared, female five-year-olds swarmed all over Ellison, who immediately began to cough and sneeze.

end