Title: Alpha Pride

Authors: Creed Cascade

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Blair Sandburg/Jim Ellison

Rating: NC-17

Status: new

Archive: If you want it, go ahead. Just knock me upside the head and let me know.

Feedback: creed_cascade@hotmail.com

Other websites: http://insaneasylum.slashfanfiction.com

Disclaimers: We have a "don’t ask, don’t tell" policy. You don’t ask where we get these strange plots starring mysteriously familiar characters, and we won’t tell you that I make no money, only deliriously happy satisfaction. Very hush-hush.

Notes: This story is a sequel to "Alpha Tactics" and set in the Nietzschean society from the television show "Andromeda". It is not a true a crossover because characters from Andromeda do not appear in this story, but characters from the "The Sentinel" are set in this universe. The Nietzchean society strives for genetic excellence and social Darwinism is practised. Nietzscheans will do anything to win and pass on their genetics to another generation. Men have to compete for women and prove themselves worthy. Those men that are considered "worthy" usually have more than one wife and as many children as possible.

Sequel to Alpha Tactics, found here: http://insaneasylum.slashfanfiction.com/alphatactics..htm

Summary: Jim and Blair now struggle to lead their new people.


Alpha Pride
Written By Creed Cascade

Over the past year the Jaguar Pride had salvaged and repaired a small fleet of mismatched ships. The pride of the fleet was an abandoned Commonwealth cruiser they had renamed the Pantera. Their original plan had been to visit the Timber Wolf Pride almost immediately after they fled from the Caiman home world, but circumstances had dictated differently. The old transport vessel that had been carrying the bulk of the new Pride had run out of fuel too close for comfort to the Caiman stronghold. Taggart had also informed Jim at the time that the vessel wouldn’t survive the slipstream jump to Timber Wolf space.

After some carefully crafted plans, they had managed to "borrow" some fuel from a nearby mining company. From there, they had "acquired" another transport vessel and preceded to use the information Blair gathered to raid the company for supplies. Jim as alpha male of the Jaguar Pride had made a strategic decision to target a nearby Perseid supply line. They spent months building up their supplies and honing their skills in sneak attacks. They would sneak into the supply station and use the codes to get access to the products they wanted, but also because the Perseids were such a storehouse of information, they were able to keep their information up-to-date.

The final reason they decided delay the visit to the Timber Wolf Pride was the discovery of the Pantera. They’d spent months getting her systems up and running and transferring the majority of the families over to its living quarters and making it the new base of operations. Blair was glad they had made this decision now because they would not show up in Timber Wolf Pride space as beggars. They may be a small Pride now, but they had their dignity. The single most significant reason that he was glad they now had the Pantera were its sophisticated labs.

Blair caressed the incubator lovingly and continued to softly talk to the tiny fetus inside. Nietzscheans or Homo sapiens invictus are after all ruled by the inherent need to reproduce. Just because he was the consort to the alpha male of their Pride did not mean he didn’t have the same desire to procreate. It just meant they had to go about it a little differently.

Traditionally, they would have attracted wives to produce their children by competing for them and increasing their status. When they first talked about having children, they had discussed briefly taking wives who would then be inseminated with their sperm. That option had been quickly scrapped when even the thought of sharing Blair with someone else had set off Jim’s jealousy and he’d ended up being fucked on the closest flat surface.

They’d finally settled for combining their DNA and implanting into a genetically stripped egg. While most men tried to have as many children as possible, Blair and Jim had settled on one for now. They wanted their children to carry Jim’s Sentinel genes for enhanced senses and that meant their little baby boy would be very high maintenance.

Jim figured after they were a little more settled and the baby was older, they would space the births of their other children by three years. Like any other alpha male Nietzschean, Jim wanted a horde of children. Those hordes usually numbered several dozen and that usually meant just as many wives. Blair was just as jealous as Jim, so that was not option. He’d negotiated with Jim that, after their first son, every birth afterwards would be twins so that with a birth every three years, they would have thirteen children by the end of twenty years.

Blair was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt Jim’s arms wrap around his waist..

"Talking to the baby again?" Jim whispered into his ear.

"You have to stop calling him the baby," Blair teased. "We have to name him eventually. And yeah, I was talking to him. I know we have our voices taped so he can hear it in the incubator, but I still think he knows we’re here."

"Only one more month to go…" Jim whispered, his breath teasing the nape of Blair’s neck. "He looks like you."

That made Blair laugh. "He’ll look like both of us. He’ll have your strength…"

"And your brain, not to mention your eyes…"

"I still can’t believe you insisted he have my hair," Blair smiled fondly. He still remembered the months they’d spent going over the baby’s genetic code. The first Nietzscheans had been genetically designed in such a manner and it was the safest way to make sure this child didn’t suffer from some of the abnormalities that some of Jim’s ancestors had in the past.

"This coming from the man who insisted this baby have my build. The next set, I want to have a little girl with your hair."

They continued to watch for a few more minutes in silence as the fetus sucked its thumb and kicked out its tiny legs, as if it could sense its parent’s presence. Blair spent most of his time in the lab if he wasn’t by Jim’s side. The baby was a Sentinel by birth and had very specific needs, even now they had to monitor him carefully to make sure they didn’t overload his tiny senses.

"We have to go now," Jim said.

"I know," Blair agreed reluctantly.

"You don’t want to leave… neither do I, but Megan will watch over him."

Meagan was an ex-slave Blair had liberated from another Nietzschean trading post during a small-scale raid. She was a sterile, Homo sapien who had been working in the medical labs of a rival Pride. Blair had raided the lab for medical equipment and instead of running away from him, she had begged Blair to take her with him.

"You don’t think the baby will overly bond with her, do you?" Blair asked, again caressing the incubator.

Jim kissed the back of Blair’s neck and held him tighter. "We’ve been through this before. You’re the expert on Sentinels now. You said the baby needs a female influence."

"He does," Blair agreed. "But still…"

"He’s the start of a great lineage," Jim cut Blair off. He was now used to comforting Blair. He didn’t do it too openly in public, but they were alone now. "Now that my senses are a little more stable, you’ll be able to act as a Guide to both of us."

Since they had left the Caiman territory, Blair had been researching Jim’s condition.. Although Jim’s ancestors had tampered with their genes to achieve superiority over rivals by enhancing one or two senses, they had actually only revived dormant genes that many humans carried. He had found that on ancient Earth, such people who had enhanced senses were called Sentinels and were guardians of their people.. The individuals who directed them were called Guides. Jim and Blair had embraced this heritage for their new Pride and future children.

"But I can’t be his Guide forever, especially after we have other children," Blair voiced his doubts, like he had before.

"We’ve already discussed this before. When he’s about two years and just before we start with our first set of twins, we’ll find him a Guide for his own."

"But I don’t know if my plan will work…"

"Chief, if our son cannot bond with a Guide among the few children of our Pride, then we will find him someone," Jim assured Blair. Blair himself had told him that traditionally Sentinels would bond with a Guide of their own age from their own tribe. "I’m sure there are many orphaned little girls out there who would be suitable. They would get a new home and future."

"When did you become an optimist, Jim?" Blair snorted, but turned in Jim’s arms and smiled at his lover.

"When I met you," Jim whispered back. "Now we have to get going.. We have to get Joel and co-ordinate the next raid. If all goes as planned it will be a profitable venture."

"It will be profitable because we’re doing it," Blair agreed.

"Yes, because you are the best tactician I have ever known. When we go meet with the Timber Wolf Pride, you will be the beta male of a new, growing Pride and a father." Jim was now trying to calm Blair insecurities.

"And I will have you…" Blair said. "You are the best thing I have ever stolen."

"You didn’t steal me," Jim laughed.

"Oh, didn’t I?" Blair kissed Jim and smirked at him.

<><><><><><><>

"Koen," Blair pronounced with a broad smile.

"Koen?" Jim repeated and cocked his head to the side. "What does it mean?" He already knew Blair would know. His beta spoke every dialect of Nietzschean and countless other languages. Blair also had been obsessing over their first-born child’s name.

"It means brave and gallant in ancient Terran German," Blair explained. "I like it."

"Alright," Jim agreed easily enough. "It’s sounds fierce enough."

"Fierce? You aren’t concerned about the deeper meaning?"

"Not really," Jim shook his head. "As long as it sounds good being shouted out in battle. Koen works. Fi Fi doesn’t."

"Well, I knew you weren’t a philosopher," Blair said with a snort.

"The females usually name the offspring," Jim answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Are you saying I’m like a female?" Blair challenged.

Jim pursed his lips and concentrated on Blair’s face. Blair liked to challenge Jim and on a normal day could run mental laps around him. Jim was always trying to stay one step ahead of his beta and that’s why he loved him. Blair was always pushing Jim and Jim was always pushing back.

"I’m not stupid enough to answer that question," Jim deadpanned.

Blair walked up to Jim and placed his hand on Jim’s shoulder. "You’re not stupid, if you were, you wouldn’t be worthy of me." Jim smiled at Blair and was rewarded with Blair’s mischievous smile in return. "You’re just thick sometimes."

Jim growled in response to Blair’s small challenge. "I think my beta forgets his place."

"Oh, really? What place is that?" Blair challenged back.

Jim turned around so that he was now facing Blair chest to chest. He loved that he was taller than his beta and at moments like this, played it to his full effect. "Oh, I was thinking that you belong under me…"

"Oh, yeah?" Blair asked again, puffing up his own chest. He might give into Jim, but not without a struggle, even if it was minor.

"Yeah," Jim answered, leaning in close and sniffing at Blair. "You belong under me, pleasing me. I know you want to…"

"You’re delusional…" Blair denied. Even after all this time, it was still the struggle that was a turn on. When others were sleeping late at night, Jim loved to make a game out of hunting and stalking Blair.

Jim’s hand went to lock onto the back of Blair’s neck. He leaned over and bit Blair’s neck sharply, sucking on the skin to leave a hickey. "You belong to me." Blair for his part arched his neck and was just about to fall to his knees when the door opened to let Megan into the room. Blair groaned heavily with exasperation, but Jim was the first to speak. "Watch our son, woman. I have business with my beta."

"Yes, sir," Megan answered, trying to hold off a smile. Jim might appear gruff, but she saw through the primal act to see that he really did love Blair. She, for her own part, was loyal to him and his Pride. They had rescued her from slavery and given her a life of her own that most pure blooded humans living among Nietzcheans could not dream of.

"Play some music for the baby," Blair instructed even as Jim was dragging him out of the room. "And recheck his vital signs."

"Yes, sir," Megan echoed again, this time a smile cracking her face. She doubted she would be seeing either man for at least a few hours.

<><><><><><>

As Jim dragged Blair back to their shared quarters, they passed several crew members who knew better than to interrupt their Alpha of their Pride when he was very obviously on a mission. Jim smashed his palm impatiently on the door panel to get admittance into their quarters.

"Jim, don’t put your fist through the opening mechanism again," Blair chided, remembering the snickers of the repair crew from last week. They hadn’t been laughing when Blair told them to clean out the engine room air ducts.

"Don’t tell me what to do," Jim snapped impatiently and pushed Blair roughly into the room when the door finally opened.

"Of course not, Jim," Blair answered him. He was used to handling Jim now and his mood swings. With Jim’s gift as a trigger, the man could go from smiling to nearly murderous in a split second.

"You belong to me," Jim growled, sniffing at Blair’s neck again and caressing the mark he’d left there only moments ago.

"Yes, I do," Blair confirmed.

"I’m the Alpha male of this Pride," Jim whispered dangerously. "I could have any female… or male, I want."

"I know, Jim, but you didn’t chose just anyone, you chose me," Blair answered him, slowly backing them towards the sleeping platform.

"Yes, I did," Jim answered. "I deserve only the best and you’re the best."

Nietzscheans were by nature narcissistic creatures and their world revolved around them. They strove for the best mates and highest ranks within their Pride. Jim was the highest ranking member of his small Pride and wanted to show anyone who looked at Blair to know not only that he was treasured, but that he was taken. Jim reached out and caressed the torc that sat on Blair’s neck. A married male would normally wear a double helix armband matches to his wives, but the platinum jaguar armband that he wore to match Blair’s meant more to him than any double helix could.

"If you had your way, I’d walk around with just my torc on, wouldn’t I?" Blair laughed softly.

"Only if I wanted to keep you locked up in our quarters," Jim said, starting to pull off one of the metallic mesh shirt he wore more often or not. "But then no one would be able to see your beauty and know they couldn’t have it."

"Possessive bastard," Blair laughed huskily then gasped when Jim tweaked his nipple ring.

"You love it," Jim answered and then pushed Blair onto the sleeping platform. He started to unbuckle his belt and his fore arm spike flared.

"To you want me to submit, Alpha?" Blair challenged Jim. It would be no fun if he didn’t put up a fight.

"You always submit," Jim answered with an evil grin.

His belt was in his hand and he moved quickly to move onto Blair. Blair struggled underneath of Jim, even managed to scratch Jim’s chest with his forearm spikes. Jim finally pinned Blair successfully to the bed with his arm above his head. Jim quickly wrapped his belt around Blair’s wrist and then tied him securely to the headboard.

"See how beautifully you submit," Jim grinned down at Blair.

A few drips of blood from the cut on his chest dripped onto to Blair’s face close enough for his tongue to dart out and mop them up. "Your blood always tastes of strength," Blair answered.

"My blood is now bound to your blood through our son and future children," Jim returned. For Nietzscheans it was the ultimate bond to breed children together. "You know, there is no biological reason for us to mate."

Nietzschean males weren’t prone to emotion, but when it came to family, they were expressive. This was Jim’s way of saying they didn’t have to mate, but he chose to. "I know, Alpha," Blair answered him, using Jim’s formal title.

Jim lost all control when he heard Blair call him Alpha. Jim used his fore arm spikes to tear Blair’s pants off, knowing that he was leaving light scratches on his lover’s thighs. He lapped up the blood even while he undid his own pants just enough to let his cock out. He licked his palm and transferred the spit onto his cock. It was enough lubrication for now and Blair was Nietzschean, who, unlike weak human males, could take it like this.

Jim placed Blair’s legs onto his shoulders in a few practiced movements and then shoved his cock deep into Blair. It was always sweet torture like this. The tight, internal heat was like a powerful magnet drawing Jim deeper.

Blair for his part was lost in the sensation. He didn’t care what anyone said, there was nothing submissive about getting fucked. He let Jim do this to him and he was the one who had the real power. All he had to do if he was in any real pain was overload one of Jim’s senses and the Sentinel would zone out.

"Jim, look at me," Blair suddenly commanded when he felt Jim slow down. Jim had a tendency to zone out on touch when they fucked and if Blair could look into his eyes, it was the easiest way to monitor him.

Jim for his part obeyed and locked eyes with Blair. When Blair looked into his lover’s eyes, he saw a possessive, loving gaze starring back at him. They might never say it, but he new Jim loved him as much as any Nietzschean male could. Each of them was bound together through mutual need that connected them even more than a wife and husband.

Blair had been conditioned by this time to simply cum from internal stimulation when he need to. Jim had a thing about fucking him for hours, keeping him on the edge just to make that happen. But right now Jim was hitting just the right spot and Blair was propelled into orgasm.

Jim was doing his best impersonation of a vampire and biting Blair’s shoulder when he came. He collapsed on top of Blair, making sure to fall enough on side that he wouldn’t completely crush his partner.

"You’re heavy," Blair complained good-naturedly.

"It’s all muscle," Jim countered, half mumbling against Blair’s shoulder.

"You’re the peak of evolution," Blair answered teasingly, but in his mind he really did mean it.

"And you’re trying to sweeten me up for something…" Jim decided. "What is it?"

"Nothing…" Blair said, starting to run his fingers over Jim’s arm, hoping to distract him.

"You only start complimenting me on the whole Sentinel thing when you want something," Jim said with a soft growl.

"Verses, what?"

"Verses when you’re usually insulting me," Jim countered.

"I might want something…" Blair said carefully, pushing Jim off of his back and rolling onto his side to look him in the face. "I was thinking that we could start heading towards Timber Wolf Pride space."

"Oh really?" Jim wasn’t surprised to hear this. He knew his lover had long term plans that involved proving his worth to his old Pride.

"Yeah, if we take the course I’ve laid out, we can hit a few outposts on the way and collect some useful information and supplies," Blair started to tell Jim the plan he had already laid out.

"And let me guess…" Jim said, smiling wickedly. "When we’re in Timber Wolf Pride space, it will be shortly after our first son is born?"

Blair moved quickly until he was lying on top to Jim’s chest. He reached out and tapped Jim’s forehead. "See, it’s not all just muscle. See how intelligent you are?"

"Especially when it comes to the whims of my devious beta," Jim laughed.

 

To be continued in Part 3.

Feedback and plot ideas welcome to creed_cascade@hotmail.com Need to know if I should continue this or not.