Series: Work Of Desire

Fandom: The Sentinel/AU

Author/pseudonym: Angelise

Author's website: Angelise's Heavenly Bodies http://writingonthewall.slashcity.net/~angelise7/index.html

Rating: PG

Pairing: Simon/James

Date: 5-21-03

Disclaimer: Original characters, Dawn and Sharrie belong to Me! Sentinel characters belong to someone luckier than I.

Warning: Remember!!! Underage relationship--Young love here--James is in high school.

Author's note: Thanks to Elaine for the beta---can never say enough about what a great friend she is to me!

 

A Work of Desire

by Angelise

"Mr. . . . uh . . . Mr. Ellison? Do you understand the particulars of this job?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just tell me how much it's gonna pay."

The young assistant raised her eyebrows. "You certainly are a polite young man."

An answer was growled. "I didn't think politeness was a requirement."

The woman shook her head. Picking up the teenager's application, the tall redhead excused herself and disappeared into a room down the hall. Upon entering, she addressed its lone occupant. "Well?"

A large hand reached out and clicked off the wireless speaker system. "Little on the rude side, it seems."

Dawn blew an errant bang out of her eyes and sat on the edge of the large desk occupying the room. "Rude? Let's not leave out disrespectful, hostile AND arrogant.

A deep booming laugh spread across the room. "Enough about his shining personality. Describe him to me."

The redhead reached over and grabbed her employer's dark shades. Misting both lenses with her breath, she snagged a nearby handkerchief and carefully cleaned them. "Oh he's exactly what you want, Simon. Tall, lean. Not an ounce of fat anywhere. And muscles. Muscles to die for." Dawn placed the clean glasses in her employer's hands. "Big hands, big feet, big . . . "

"Dawn!"

The young woman laughed. "Like I wasn't suppose to check out that attribute? I'm only doing my job, Simon."

A warm smile was offered. "And that's why you love it. Anything else? Does he understand what he's getting into?"

"He says he does. Ummm . . . "

Simon reached down and petted the young golden lab at his feet.

"What is it? What's bothering you?"

Dawn tapped the front of her teeth with her pen. "Are you sure you want to work with applicants like him? Arrogant, full of shit, teenagers?" The redhead leaned over and tapped the large black man on the shoulder. "I don't want you to lose yourself again, Simon. James is one fine specimen of manhood and he could break your heart."

Simon took a deep breath and ordered his body to calm the sudden tenseness in his groin. "I love you, Dawn and your concern touches me. But I'm really interested in this boy. I think I want to take him on. Is that okay with you?"

"Whatever floats your boat, Simon. Personally I like mine a little older and a little more curvy."

The forty year-old chuckled and attempted to swat his assistant's behind as she jumped down off his desk. "And just how is Sharrie?"

Dawn licked her lips and gazed dreamily into the distance. "Absolutely delicious." Shaking her head to clear the lustful images from her mind, the young woman walked toward the door. She stopped and watched as her employer stood up and headed toward a hidden panel in the far wall. "Do you want him to start today?"

A rustle of huskiness whispered back to her. "Oh yes. The sooner, the better. My mind needs a little workout."

Dawn shot back a very unlady-like snort. "Well if you're going to be busy with Mr. Ellison, I'm going to take a very long lunch break and go work my mind."

Laughter echoed back. "Give Sharrie my love."

Dawn patted down her skirt. "Yours, mine. And a whole lot more. See you later, Simon."

The redhead returned to her office and found the teenager lounging back in his chair with his feet propped up on her desk. She slapped the boy's long legs off and moved to sit down. "Mr. Banks would like for you to start today. Is that a problem, Mr. Ellison?"

"No. When do I get paid?"

Dawn offered the tall teenager a pen and pushed forward the typed contract. She watched as the youth lazily scrawled his signature across the bottom of the document. "You get paid at the end of each week. By signing this contract you are agreeing to work with Mr. Banks until he no longer needs your services. And normally, that could be anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Do you understand, Mr. Ellison? By the way, what is your first name?"

The darkly tanned teenager leaned forward and offered Dawn a tight smile. "My name is James. And yes, for the hundredth fucking time, I understand."

James stood and stretched, revealing a flat, well-defined set of abs. Dawn lowered her eyes and wiggled a little in her chair.

With a smug look on his face, the teenager curled his fingers in the loops of his worn jeans and pulled them down slightly, giving the woman a peek at the dark arrow of hair on his lower abdomen. "When do I get to meet the World Famous Mr. Simon Banks?"

Dawn stood and motioned the teenager out of the office. She escorted him down the hallway to a stairwell. Turning on the light, she pointed upwards. "Mr. Banks is waiting for you now. Take the first door on the right and you will find him. Hope you enjoy your stay with us, James."

The teenager grunted and loped up the stairs. Throwing open the indicated door, James stepped inside a large studio, its interior mostly hidden by shadows. The youth could make out several crates stacked up against the walls as he moved further inside the room.

A voice of black velvet, dark and soft greeted him, sliding over his skin like a caress. "Welcome, Mr. Ellison."

James stumbled at the sound of that voice, his bravado slipping just a little. "Uh . . . hi. And my name is James, not Mr. Ellison. That's my father."

The last words were venomously spit out and the darkness simply ignored his sarcasm.

"Come closer, James. Take a seat on that stool."

A dim light came on, giving the teenager direction. He slid onto his assigned perch and continued looking around. A shadow moved and James identified the shape of a sleeping dog.

"Tell me about yourself."

James twisted his head back and forth, trying to catch a glimpse of the man he would be working for. "What do you want to know?"

"Tell me about school? Are you a good student?

"I do okay."

"Do you like sports?"

"Football. We took state champions this year."

"A grand accomplishment considering the competition."

A match struck and flared briefly at the end of a cigar, giving James a chance to locate his shadow employer. "Yeah. It was a tough season."

"Any girlfriends?"

A warm breeze whispered over James' lean form, a ghostly touch that made his blood travel south. The teenager widened the spread of his legs, giving room to his disobedient flesh. "Girlfriends? Nah. Don't like 'em."

A finger trailed down his back and brushed lightly beneath the waistband of his jeans. James circled around but the man was gone.

"Boyfriends?"

The teenager popped the snap on his jeans and eased the zipper down a tad. His erection was screaming for attention but James refused to touch himself.

"Boyfriend, James. Do you have one?"

"Uh, no. Fuck buddy, yes. Boyfriend, no."

"Do you want one?"

A large hand slid over James' jeans and cupped his ass. The startled teenager whipped around and nearly fell off his stool when he came face to face with his employer.

A very tall, very large black man stood before him, casually dressed in gray slacks and a loose fitting emerald green shirt. Dark shades hid the man's eyes but did nothing to detract from the wide welcoming smile that graced his handsome features.

"Welcome, James. I hope you'll enjoy working with me."

James gripped the man's out held hand tight and shook it. He looked down and was caught by the contrasting colors of their skin. A quiet gasp escaped him as the older man's fingers stroked across the flesh on his inner wrist. The subtle touch added fuel to the growing fire in his groin.

"Shall we get to work, young James?"

The teenager abruptly pulled his hand away, brushing it against the bulge between his legs. He watched a smile drift across the black man's face. "You're blind, aren't you?"

Taking his seat on a stool directly in front of James, the older man laughed. "I think the politically correct term is visually challenged." Simon reached forward and skimmed his fingers over James' face, tracing the high forehead, the straight nose, the strong jaw. "Are you ready to start work?"

"Yeah."

The black man pointed toward a corner of the room. "There's a screen over there you can . . . "

James shrugged out of his football jersey and dropped it on the floor. "I'm not a fucking pansy." He slipped off his tennis shoes and socks before pushing down his jeans and briefs, allowing them to pool at his feet. "Being naked don't bother me." James stepped out of his clothes and kicked them to the side. "Where do you want me?"

Simon turned around on his stool and pulled free the canvas covering a large item sitting on the table in front of him. Revealed was the rudimentary shape of a human body carved in clay. "Come stand beside me, James."

The teenager moved closer to the black man, his flesh absorbing the heat that rolled off the blind artist. He glanced down at Simon's large hands and immediately his cock took an increasing interest. James adjusted his stance, giving the heaviness of his balls room to swing freely. "I'm ready."

Simon reached out with his hands and cupped James' face. His fingers drifted down his throat, across his broad shoulders. They tested the size of his upper arms, tracing the definition of each muscle. His touch skimmed over James' fingers, intertwining them with his own.

James sucked in a breath as the black man brought their hands up to his mouth and tasted each finger. He felt a dribble of moisture and looked down to find his cock hard and leaking. "Shit!"

Simon smiled and took a long lick over the boy's right palm. Releasing his hands, the man turned to his sculpture, allowing the teenager time to regain some of his control.

James watched in fascination as Simon's hands moved over the clay, shaping and molding. He moved closer to the man, his naked body brushing against the artist's side.

Simon tilted his head, listening to the teenager's heavy breathing. He shifted his weight off the stool, resting only the edge his butt on the small wooden seat. One hand deserted his sculpture and disappeared under his shirt, the imperceptible sound of a zipper sliding open barely teasing the silence.

James grinned widely when he realized the effect his nearness was having on the blind man. He moved even closer and pressed his erection against Simon's leg, slightly humping the man's thigh. "You like that, don't you? Gotcha fucking hard, I bet."

Simon ignored the taunt and pulled the boy between his outspread legs, James' back fitting against his chest. "Put your arms behind my head."

James did as the man requested, the move leaving his front wide open for touching. He stood there, his ass firmly housed in the cradle of Simon's groin, a rod of iron testing the crack between his cheeks. The teenager shifted slightly and allowed the man's cock to slip in just slightly.

Simon bit off a groan, filling his mouth with a bite of James' neck. He tenderly chewed on the boy's flesh as his hands moved across the clay statue.

"FUCK!"

Simon paused, his lips whispering over James' throat, checking for injury. "Did I hurt you?"

"No. You didn't hurt me." James shuddered. His body was incinerating and the man hadn't even touched him yet. What the hell was he doing? James shook his head. Whatever it was, he wanted it. Wanted it hot, hard and now.

The black artist licked over the bruised area. "Then why the protest?"

"Look at my dick and you'll see why!"

James instantly realized the error of his words and cursed out loud. "Shit! I didn't . . . I mean . . . Oh, fuck it!" James thrust his ass against Simon's groin and moaned. Leaning his head back, he did some of his own marking, biting into the dark flesh of the blind man's jaw. "My damn dick could drill a hole in the floor, it's so fucking hard. I'm sure it's ready for a little action."

Simon chuckled and resumed his work, ignoring the boy's blatant offer. He continued sculpting for about an hour, enjoying the warmth and weight of the boy's body in his arms. He smiled as he felt James relax, his respirations evening out, fading into soft snores. Nuzzling the boy's neck, Simon wiped his hands clean and lightly rested them on James' thighs. He slid his fingers over the soft dusting of hair, measuring the breadth and width of the boy's athletic legs.

The older man bypassed James' sleepy erection and concentrated on sketching in his mind the image of his upper torso. With a slow precise touch, Simon trailed his fingers over the flat planes of James' abdomen, following the carved outline of each muscle. His hand eased upward, stroking over the base of the boy's sternum before spreading out over the solidity of his pectorals. A drowsy growl greeted his foray but James quickly slipped back into sleep.

Simon rested his hands over the teenager's nipples, allowing the pliant nubs to graze his palms. He then curled his fingers and scraped his nails across the responsive flesh. A tremor snaked across James' chest and Simon followed it with his hands. A deep breath warned the black artist that his model was waking from his slumber. Surprise rushed through Simon's mind when the teenager captured his hands.

The football player murmured his need and released the grip he had on the blind man's hands. Reaching behind his back, James coaxed Simon to stand. The artist's pants were pushed down, freeing a large, hard cock. Pulling the cheeks of his ass apart, the boy snagged Simon's erection and trapped it in place.

Simon laughed at James' bold move. A second later his amusement disintegrated into strangled moans as the youth flexed his butt muscles. "FUCK!"

James reclaimed Simon's hands. "My thought exactly." The youth guided the artist's hands down his body, refusing to allow them to linger. He spread their fingers apart and slid them into the heavy forest of curls that surrounded the solid column of his flesh. "It's time, Mr. Banks."

The black man turned his head and sought out James' mouth, devouring the boy's words. His kiss scorned the need for tenderness and attacked, his tongue fighting James' for dominance. Simon pulled on the boy's pubic hairs and swallowed the resulting scream.

James' hoarse cry broke through the haze of need that had descended upon Simon's mind. His mouth gentled their pursuit of the boy's tongue as his hands untangled their hold.

Simon wrapped his arms around the tall teenager and whispered his apologies. "I'm sorry, James. I didn't mean to hurt you." The artist scattered tiny kisses along the boy's jaw, his hands soothing a path of comfort up and down James' chest. "It's just . . . it's been so long. So damn long." Confusion creased Simon's dark features as he listened to the teenager's laughter.

"Si . . . Simon. You got it all wrong, man. You didn't hurt me. Hell! I liked it."

James grabbed the older man's unresisting hands and slapped them down over his cock. He coiled Simon's fingers around his erection and began to jerk himself off. "Feel it, man. Feel how fucking hard my dick is for you. I want you. I want you now."

Simon threw back his head and growled with hunger. His hands pulled on the boy's large shaft, his strokes hard and fast. At the same time his reawakening erection spit out drops of precome, giving him just enough lubrication to initiate a satisfying ride of the boy's crack.

The older man drove the teenager to the edge, one hand reaching low to scoop up his balls. The inhabitants of the furry sac were rolled around relentlessly and Simon laughed as the heavy orbs pulled tight to the boy's body. He slapped his hand on the fleshy encasement and urged James' balls even closer to his perineum.

This one action triggered a sequence of events. James squeezed the muscles of his ass around the cock riding him and ripped Simon's orgasm from him. The man's come was a geyser of liquid fire, spraying all over James' legs.

The black artist responded to the boy's lustful move by tightening his grip on his cock, pinching the wet spongy head hard. James' hot seed exploded, coating Simon's hands. The boy sobbed helplessly as his cock spasmed again and spewed more thick fluid, this time hitting the sculpture in front of him.

Simon caught the teenager before he could slide to the floor. He held James close, allowing his large trembling body to comfort the boy. Sitting back on his stool, Simon flipped James around and picked him up in his arms, arranging the teenager's legs so that they circled his waist.

James instinctively wrapped his arms around Simon's neck and clung to the black giant. Surrendering to the unfamiliar emotions tugging at his heart, he hid his face against the man's throat, his tortured breath hot on the dark flesh.

It was several moments before either one could form coherent thoughts much less articulate words. James moved first, the blessing of youthful recuperative powers at his disposal. The teenager claimed Simon's mouth, tasting the man's sweat and his tears. The kiss was long and sweet, communicating feelings the teenager wasn't ready to confess out loud.

Releasing the blind man's lips, James sighed and looked around. His laughter caught Simon's attention.

"James? What is it?"

The teenager reached up and stroked his shaky fingers over Simon's mouth. "Mr. Banks?" Leaning forward he whispered wickedly.

"I think I just christened your work with a major dose of spunk."

 

Chapter 2

 

"Is he here yet?" Simon reached out and tapped Dawn's arm.

The young redhead smiled and pressed a kiss to Sharrie's cheek before looking around the crowded room.

"Nope. I don't see anyone fitting the description James gave us."

"Damn. If I could get my hands on that bastard . . ." Simon gripped the edge of the table.

Dawn stroked her boss' back. "That's James' father you're cursing, Simon."

The blind artist waved his fist in the air. "I'll curse him all I want. That SOB should be here. This night is very important to James."

Dawn slipped her arm around her lover and offered a sigh of understanding. "I know how important this night is for James. You've been going on and on about it for the past month."

Simon released his hold on the table and flexed his fingers. A beautiful smile lit up his dark features as he chuckled out loud. "My boy is Player of the Year. Of course I'm going to talk about it."

Dawn looked over at Sharrie. "Talk? Simon's so proud of James. He's practically told everyone and anyone the news. This morning I caught him expounding on James' virtues to the postman."

Sharrie laughed. "You must care very much for that teenager. I'm sorry his father doesn't feel the same way."

Simon's smile faded at the mention of James' parent. "I just don't understand how that man can ignore his own son. It's just not right." The black man leaned down and stroked the head of his yellow Lab. "James never says anything but I know it hurts him deeply." Simon turned back toward his assistant. "Can you check again, Dawn?"

The redhead scooted back her chair and stood up. A few seconds later she sat down and touched her boss' hand. "He's not here."

A sigh rumbled out of the big man, his agitated fingers tugging on the linen tablecloth. "Can you see James? What's he doing? How's he look?"

Dawn glanced toward the stage and saw that the tall teenager was sitting at the honoree's table. "He's slouched down in his chair looking quite sullen. All the other boys are laughing and talking, but James . . . he's just sitting there, not interacting with anyone."

Dawn peeled the black man's fingers off his water goblet, afraid his grip would shatter the fragile glass. "How about I go whisper sweet nothings in his ear. Or better yet. . . ." she poked Simon in his side. "Why don't you go over there and lay a big wet one on him."

The artist smiled, appreciative of his assistant's attempt to lighten his mood. "I'm not sure James would thank me for kissing him in front of his friends."

Sharrie giggled. "But I bet it would make him feel better."

Simon stroked his chin, pretending to give the idea serious consideration. He then broke out in laughter and turned toward the two women. "You girls are wicked and very determined to get me in trouble."

"That's what we live for, Simon."

Before Dawn could say anything more, the lights in the large banquet room dimmed and a man stepped up to the microphone announcing the beginning of the ceremony.

Trailing his fingers through the softness of his lab's coat, Simon sat quietly and listened to the festivities. Several minutes later he was caught by surprise as a familiar hand slid across his thigh. "James?" The black man captured the wandering hand and gripped it tightly.

The teenager wormed a finger free and flicked it across the older man's crotch. "Miss me?"

Simon caught the misbehaving finger and grinned at his brash lover. "What are you doing here? You're suppose to be up front, You're one of the guests of honor."

James snorted and scooted his chair closer to the blind man. "I got tired of sitting with those idiots. They're acting like total morons."

Exhaling a breath of hot air across Simon's cheek, the teenager whispered, "Besides, I need to be back here protecting you from these lusty Lizzies. I don't want them getting any ideas about my man."

Dawn rolled her eyes and Sharrie stuck her tongue out at the impudent teen. James just grinned and covertly ran his hand across Simon's chest, letting it come to rest against the waistband of the man's pants. Simon ignored the bold move and leaned back in his chair, the movement causing James' hand to fall away.

"He's pouting, Simon." Dawn swung her hand at the youth, slapping the back of his head. "Behave!"

James rubbed his wounded scalp and glowered at the woman.

Unfazed, Dawn returned the teen's glare. "Get a grip on your libido, boy. We're in public."

James shrugged his shoulders and turned away, defiantly placing his hand on the blind man's upper thigh.

Simon smiled, aware of his young lover's lusty behavior. He gently laid his hand over James' and settled back to listen to the rest of the ceremony.

+++++++

Intermission found Dawn and Sherrie escorting Simon's lab outside for a potty break. James led Simon to the restroom and waited while the older man took care of necessities. A father of one of the teen's classmates came in and upon seeing James, offered his congratulations.

"Player of the Year. Damn fine choice, if you ask me. Your performance this year, Ellison, was outstanding." The man slapped the youth on the shoulder. "I would say you deserve most the credit for our winning season. Your father must be dammed proud of you, son."

James stuck his hands in his pockets and scuffed his brand new dress shoes against the tiled wall. "Wouldn't really know, Mr. Carrillo. My father has never seen me play." Seeing that Simon was finished, the teenager pushed past the stunned man and grabbed the blind artist's arm, guiding him back into the banquet room.

Simon, having overheard the entire conversation, took hold of James' hand and gave it a sympathetic squeeze. "One day your father will wish . . ."

James interrupted Simon. "My father doesn't care about me . . . about any of this." The teen plopped down in his seat and grabbed for his glass of Coke. "He doesn't care now and will most certainly not care later. Ellison Senior is a fucking bastard and frankly Si, I really don't want to spend tonight talking about him."

Simon sighed deeply but decided it was best to abide by his young lover's wishes. Acknowledging the return of his assistant and her lover, the older man took possession of his guide dog. While settling Jeffery at his feet, the lights went down and the ceremony resumed. Taking advantage of the dark, Simon reached across the space between he and James and slid his arm around the young teenager's waist. For a moment he thought James would reject his touch but after a few seconds the boy relaxed in his embrace.

A few well thought curses were heaped on William Ellison's head as Simon listened to the Master of Ceremonies announce James' name as the recipient of Player of the Year. Before getting to his feet, the tall teen brazenly leaned over and surprised Simon with a kiss on the lips. Before the older man could react James had slid from his chair and was making his way to the podium.

Simon chuckled, his fingers brushing across his lips. His laughter deepened as his ears picked up his assistant's mutterings.

"That boy sure has some balls. He's utterly shameless."

An ovation of applause drowned out any further comments and Simon rose to his feet, joining the crowd as they showed their appreciation for his young lover.

"Say all you want, Dawn," the artist whispered. "I like James just the way he is."

+++++++

Two hours later Simon unlocked the door to his home. He sighed as a silent James slid past him, his MVP trophy carelessly slapping against the wooden doorjamb. Releasing Jeffrey from his leash, Simon moved around the living room, turning on lights, opening windows.

He snagged a bottle of water from the wet bar's small fridge. Taking a few swallows, he stood there, listening to the teenager shuffle restlessly around the living room. Setting his drink down, Simon made his way over to the window James was standing in front of. "I'm sorry that your father was unable to come tonight." Wrapping one arm around the teen's chest, the blind man rested his chin on James' shoulder.

The tall football player tossed his trophy on the nearby couch and grunted a noncommittal reply.

"James?" Simon smoothed his hand over the teen's chest, his fingers sliding across a cotton-covered nipple. "I know your father is very proud of you."

"Fuck him!" The youth pushed away from the large man and slammed his fist into the wall. "I hate that bastard."

Simon reached out and gripped the teen's arm. "James, he's your father."

The young man twirled, ripping his arm free. "He's not my father. He's just the SOB that got my mother pregnant."

James picked up the prize he had been awarded earlier that evening. "William Ellison has never seen me play one game of football or baseball or basketball. Not one fucking game."

Simon sat down in his recliner, his guide dog settling at his side. He held out his hand, a silent request to the angry teenager.

James took the older man's hand and fell to his knees, resting his lean frame between Simon's legs. "Would it have killed him to spare a few measly minutes to come see me tonight? See me get my award?" The high school student hid his face against Simon's thigh, his voice muffled. "I hate him. I really hate him."

Leaning forward, the black man ran his fingers through the boy's short-cropped hair, his touch communicating his silent concern and support. A dampness stained his slacks and Simon felt his heart shatter for the lonely teenager. He sat there several minutes, allowing the lad to hide his tears, his hands straying across James' broad shoulders, soothing the almost undetectable trembling.

The teen turned and wrapped his arms around the blind man's hips, his face buried in Simon's groin. The quietest of whispers drifted into the night's silence. "Thanks for being there, Si. It meant .. . ." James' words faltered, his emotions choking him. Fingers dug into the older man's flesh. "I . . . I feel . . . for you. . . ."

Simon lifted his young lover's face, his thumb stroking over James' lower lip. "I understand, James. And I feel the same." The artist traced the trail of tears that still lingered on the boy's cheek. "I know I'm not your father but I am incredibly proud of you, James. And I want you to know how thankful I am that you wanted me with you on this special occasion."

Wet eyelashes brushed against Simon's fingers as the teen closed his eyes. "I . . . I needed you there."

Simon cupped James' face with his large hand. "I'm here for you, James. Always. But I think your father . . ."

The teenager shook his head. "I don't want to talk about my father anymore. Okay, Si? Please."

After a few moments of shared silence, James captured one of Simon's fingers with his mouth, licking and sucking on the digit. He nipped the finger and smiled wickedly at the man sitting before him. "How about we make this night really special?" James moved his hands along the inside of Simon's thighs, his fingers rubbing over the crease of the man's leg and hip. "I think you deserve a reward for putting up with my shitty attitude." James slowly slid his fingers across the hidden zipper of Simon's slacks. "Don't you agree, Si?"

A hand scooted underneath the black man's crotch and cupped his balls. The heavy sac was rolled around before being playfully tugged on. James' wicked smile widened as his ears detected the increase in the older man's respirations. He applied more pressure on Simon's ballsac, the action prying an involuntary thrust of hips from the artist.

James reached up and unbuttoned Simon's shirt, spreading the garment open, revealing the man's muscular chest. Leaning forward, the teen opened his mouth over a dark nipple and took a quick bite of the small nub. He laughed upon hearing his lover's hungry moan. "You like that, don't you? You like me eating those black tits of yours."

Simon could only nod, his hand guiding the teen's mouth back to his chest. James complied with the blind man's request and suckled both nipples, biting and licking until each one was swollen and hard.

James smacked his lips and admired his handiwork. "Damn, I sure do love my coffee hot and black."

The lad quickly dispensed with Simon's belt before lowering his head to unzip the man's pants using only his teeth. He mouthed Simon's erection through his underwear, teasing the head with tiny nips.

Pulling back, James grinned. "I've changed my mind."

The blind artist groaned with frustration, his restless fingers playing across his young lover's face. James grabbed one hand and licked a wet path across its palm. "I think I want to try a little cream with my coffee."

With one swift move, James removed the interfering underwear and slacks, leaving the garments tangled around Simon's ankles. The man's cock sprang free and slapped against his lower belly, its head leaking profusely.

James twirled his finger in the fluid dribbling down his lover's dark skin. He tickled the shaft's slit with his fingernail and smiled as Simon growled his appreciation. Lifting his hand to the black man's mouth, James smeared the sticky dampness over Simon's lips. Before the artist could lick his own cum off, James did it for him.

The older man moaned huskily, the sound sucked down by his teenage lover. A warning shiver traveled through Simon's body when James wrapped his hands around his protesting erection. A coaxing gesture and the artist lifted his hips, allowing his ass to be teased mercilessly by James' wandering fingers.

Unable to endure his lover's torture, Simon grabbed the teenager and lifted him onto his lap. Pulling the lad close, he began thrusting his cock against James' groin, the fabric of the teen's suit a welcome friction. His lower body jerked wildly as his mouth was devoured by the lusty football player.

Simon threw his head back, struggling to fill his hungry lungs with much needed oxygen. James' tongue fought to find its way back inside his mouth only to be temporarily repelled back by a sharp bite of teeth. The older man pushed the teen away slightly, his fingers scrambling to remove his young lover's suit jacket, tie and shirt.

In a few seconds James' upper torso was bare and Simon feasted upon the warm flesh, his mouth and teeth marking the pale skin. Nipples were licked repeatedly. Soon the nubs were so sensitive that even the barest brush of the blind man's tongue caused the youth to shudder helplessly. Relentless, Simon's mouth journeyed upwards, covering James' bare throat with hot, wet kisses. His teeth latched onto a patch of skin and worried the flesh, leaving behind his personal brand of passion.

Strong hands gripped Simon's shoulders as his mouth nibbled its way over James' rock hard abdomen. Crude words of lust encouraged the older man to continue his torment.

"Suck me, Si. Take my dick in your fucking hot mouth and suck me."

Simon hurriedly unzipped James' pants and was completely surprised to find the lad had no underwear on.

"Commando, Si. My dick's been hard all night thinking about the fucking his big black stud was going to give him." James lifted himself up and pushed Simon's head toward his groin. "Come on, baby. Open that mouth and let me feed you the best cum you've ever tasted."

Simon needed no further encouragement. He took James' cock into his mouth, lightly biting the head. Relishing the choked scream that followed, the man deep throated the teen's shaft and raked his teeth around the base of the swollen organ.

James thrashed wildly, nearly dislodging Simon's mouth. One hand deserted its grip on the black man's shoulder, its fingers seeking out the lips that surrounded his erection. "Fuck! Yeah, baby. So . . . so . . . SHIT!"

The teen thrust deep into his lover's mouth. The feel of Simon's throat muscles massaging his cock was enough to pitch him over the edge of release. James roared and shot his load, each heavy spurt of thick cream hungrily sucked down by the older man.

Refusing to cum alone, James shoved a hand between their bodies and squeezed Simon's erection, a move that stripped away the man's control. A loud yell echoed off the rafters as the blind artist's release erupted all over his belly and chest. Fat drops of jism splattered across Simon's face, staining his dark skin.

"You are fucking amazing, Si." James laughed, his enthusiastic tongue quick to remove the evidence of the older man's climax. Slipping his arms around his nearly unconscious lover, the tired teenager nuzzled Simon's lips and offered him a warm, deep kiss.

With his head resting on the drowsy man's chest, James licked his lips and chuckled. "Shit! Who would have thought coffee with cream could be so damn delicious."

 

Chapter 3

Dawn licked inside her lover's mouth and captured with her tongue the soft moan that was threatening to escape. A soft nip to Sharrie's bottom lip and the younger woman smiled as she watched the sweet flush of passion steal across the face that greeted her every morning and kissed her to sleep every night. Easing her hands underneath Sharrie's T-shirt, Dawn cupped the woman's breasts and enjoyed their soft weight.

A whispered plea greeted the rubbing of her thumbs over Sharrie's sensitive nipples. "Dawn . . . your mouth. Oh, angel love . . . please."

The redhead took a few more seconds to savor the heat of Sharrie's mouth before assenting to her lover's request. Sliding the soft cotton garment upwards, Dawn breathed a sigh of pleasure over the nearest wrinkled nub. Her tongue slipped out and barely teased the tip of the small peak. The surprising touch of her lover's hand slipping between her thighs encouraged Dawn to cease her teasing. The young woman opened her mouth over Sharrie's nipple and softly suckled the tender flesh.

"I swear you two are the lustiest Lizzies I've ever met."

Dawn slowly released her lover's nipple, her tongue bathing the swollen nub with a wet heat. Covering Sharrie's nakedness, she pressed her hand over the older woman's, wistfully sighing as it slid away from the cradle of her femininity.

Giving her lover a moment to recover, Dawn stood in front of Sharrie. Her blue eyes glittered with annoyance as she beheld the wickedly grinning teenager propped against the side of her desk.

"Most intelligent people, even those with half a brain, would know a closed door means do not enter."

James reached forward and straightened Dawn's open blouse, laughing as the redhead slapped away his hands. "Most intelligent people, especially those who want to engage in a little afternoon delight would lock the closed door."

Dawn looked back at her blushing lover. Sharrie offered up a chagrined smile. "Oops!"

The younger woman shook her head and finished buttoning her blouse. Grabbing Sharrie's hand, she sat down at her desk, pulling her apologetic lover onto her lap. Pressing a forgiving kiss to the older woman's cheek, Dawn returned her attention to the staring teenager.

Sarcastically she inquired, "And how may I help you?"

James tore his gaze away from the wet spots on Sharrie's T-shirt. "Uhh . . . Simon wants the list of his New York clients."

Dawn tapped the small box on her desk. "And he had to send you all the way to my office with that message. He couldn't use the intercom?"

James tugged on a lock of the redhead's hair. "Actually he did. But obviously you were preoccupied and did not hear him."

Dawn opened her mouth, ready to deny but Sharrie's quick intervening kiss halted her cutting words.

"Patience, sweetheart. Patience," the older woman whispered.

Dawn glared at the grinning teenager. "Patience, my ass." Pushing her lover off her lap, the redhead went to the nearby file cabinet and located the required info. Slapping a sheath of papers into James' outstretched hand, the woman pointed towards her office door. "Don't let it hit your sorry butt on the way out."

James patted Dawn's cheek. "Want me to lock the door for you?" Stepping quickly away, the high school student turned to go.

"What I want is for . . . wait a minute! Don't leave." Dawn grabbed James' arm. Looking over at her lover, she asked, "Sweety, do you mind getting me a Dr Pepper from the kitchen?"

Sharrie nodded her head, understanding her lover's unspoken request. As soon as the older woman closed the door shut, Dawn pulled a collection of pamphlets out of James' back pocket.

"What's the meaning of these?" She held up a brochure advertising the Army.

James took a seat and stretched out his long legs. He glanced out the window for several seconds before answering. "Thinking of enlisting," the teen mumbled.

"And the reason being?" Dawn leaned back against the edge of her desk, her blue eyes scrutinizing the young man sprawled before her. A gaze of pure anger pinned her, causing loss of breath.

"Cause it'll get me the hell away from that asshole at home."

"Does your father know about this?" Dawn stared at the teenager.

James' gaze turned lethal and the petite woman decided to take another route with her questioning. "Have you told Simon?"

The teen glanced back out the window. "He won't care."

"Excuse me? I believe you better rethink that answer." Dawn caught James' chin and made him turn his face toward her. "You know that answer is so bogus. Simon cares very much for you."

The football player refused to look at the redhead. "Simon wants to fuck me. That's all."

WHAP!! The force of Dawn's slap snapped James' head back.

"You bastard!"

Grabbing a handful of the teen's jersey, the small woman jerked the youth forward. "I should beat the shit out of you. You know damn well that Simon has real feelings for you. Real, deep feelings." Dawn brought her face within inches of James'. "And I ain't talking about fatherly NOR am I talking fuckbuddy."

A sudden thought crossed Dawn's mind. "Don't you even dare compare Simon to your father." The woman released the tall teenager and moved away, afraid she would physically defend her words. Looking back at the silent young man, she continued. "I can't speak for your father and his heart. But I do know Simon's. And his is filled with YOU."

Dawn moved back to stand in front of James. She lifted his chin with her finger and was surprised to find the blue eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "You, James Joseph Ellison, are a very big part of Simon's life. You're in his thoughts constantly. Hell, he plans his day around your schedule more than his own.

A discreet knock on the door preceded Sharrie's arrival and Dawn motioned her lover to come in. Seeking the reaffirming warmth of the older woman's body, Dawn wrapped her arms around Sharrie's waist and nuzzled her neck.

"James," the redhead took a deep breath. "I'm not going to presume to tell you Simon loves you. That's for him to do. But when he wakes up with your name on his lips and when he goes to bed wishing you were in his arms . . . well . . . you figure it out."

Picking up the scattered pamphlets, Dawn held them out to James. "I know it's your life but please . . . please consider what your leaving would mean to Simon. If nobody else, at least think how he'd feel about losing you."

James stood up and took the pamphlets from Dawn's hand, hesitating for a few silent moments before lifting his head and staring at her. Discerning the truth of her words, he gave a slight nod of his head and left.

Dawn collapsed against her lover, welcoming the kisses Sharrie offered. "That boy is going to be the death of me yet."

Green eyes turned quizzical. "What's he done now?"

Dawn frowned at the closed door. "He's thinking of enlisting . . . wants to get away from his father. And since my boss only keeps him around for fucking, he's under the impression that Simon wouldn't care one way or the other."

"Keeps him around for . . ." Sharrie sputtered. "Does that teenager have shit for brains? Simon is so in love with James. Let me at him! I'll kick some sense into that head of his. If not his head then his ass." The dark-haired woman threw her hands in the air, her voice increasing in volume. "Just what the hell is James thinking? Keeps him around for fucking? That boy is totally screwed in the head. I'm beginning to think he's the blind one!"

Dawn's eyes sparkled with delight. Her lover was a sight to behold when her temper was tested. And that sight was enough to rekindled the redhead's hunger. Slipping her hand under Sharrie's short skirt, Dawn discovered a damp forest of curls. She expertly distracted Sharrie's tirade by teasing one finger over the older woman's clit. A feminine gasp and a rush of liquid heat brought a smile to Dawn's face. Wickedly she whispered in her lover's ear, "Do you think our blind one remembered to lock the door?"

+++++++

James stood at the entrance to the studio, his gaze following Simon's every move. The rays of the setting sun filtered across the older man's face, illuminating his mysterious smile. A small bust was the object of the artist's attention, his long fingers smoothing out the clay.

The teenager took a closer look and realized surprisingly that the sculpture was of himself. It took only a few seconds for James to understand Simon's touch was more than just artistic molding and shaping. Each stroke of his fingers over the clay was a caress.

A caress of love . . . for him.

James spared a momentary glance for the pamphlets in his hand. Instead of seeing the words printed across the enlistment brochures, the teen's mind saw the adoring look on Simon's face each time he welcomed James into his arms. Without hesitation, the decision was made and the pamphlet's tossed into a nearby garbage can.

Quietly taking up a position behind the artist, James laid aside the papers Simon had sent him to fetch and waited patiently for the artist to turn around and acknowledge him.

Simon's smile widened as he greeted his young lover's return. "James! Look at what . . ."

The football player halted the flow of words by tracing his fingers across the black man's mouth. Leaning forward, he allowed his tongue to follow the path his fingers had just taken and bestowed a deep, emotionally laden kiss upon him. Placing his hands behind Simon's head, James pulled the artist close and asked, "Simon? Can I stay the night with you?"

 

Chapter 4

Simon climbed into bed and sat back against the headboard, waiting for his young lover to finish in the bathroom.

Lover.

The blind artist shuddered at the thought of totally possessing James’ beautiful body. Up until now the two of them had satisfied their bodies’ lust with hands and mouths. Not once had Simon pushed James to go any further with their lovemaking. But tonight, the older man mused. Tonight would be different. He would demonstrate to James how important he had become to him.

When the teenager had asked to spend the night, Simon, for the first time in years, experienced a rekindling of emotions in his heart. He knew the very first moment when James had touched him in his studio several months ago that he would fall helplessly in love with the teenager. And with each passing day spent in James’ company, that prediction had come to fruition.

Simon chewed thoughtfully on his bottom lip. Now that it was time to share his feelings with the youth, he could only hope they would be returned and not thrown mockingly back in his face. Simon closed his eyes and listened to the soothing sound of the bathroom's shower. Unbidden, the image of James’ naked and wet body arose and stirred the incessant fire in his loins causing the older man to smile and stroke his hand over his anxious manhood.

After rechecking the nightstand for the necessary items, Simon tucked several pillows behind his large frame. Leaning back, he again closed his eyes and contemplated the new phase his relationship with James was about to enter. There was no doubt in the artist's mind that the youth was a magnificent specimen of masculinity, a Greek god in human form. But it wasn't James’ physique that Simon was totally interested in. Nor was he attracted to the cocky, full of shit attitude the teenager so proudly hid behind.

Simon shook his head in wonder for his heart had been completely captured by the insecure boy sheltered deep within James. He had caught a glimpse of that vulnerability the night of the high school award's banquet. William Ellison had neglected to attend the affair that gave recognition to his son's football career and James had not hesitated in verbalizing the hate and anger he felt for his father. But Simon realized that beneath all that hostility, the teenager was simply a boy who craved his father's love and affection.

The black man frowned slightly as he listened for James’ entrance. He was more than willing to give the teenager all of his love and as much time as needed to feel secure in that love. But he did not want the teen to see him as a substitute parent. Simon ran his hand over his body and readjusted himself within the sweats he wore. No. His feelings for James were definitely NOT fatherly.

Wiping the fine sheen of sweat from his face, he leaned his head back and waited patiently for his lover. Several minutes passed before the bathroom door opened. Simon turned his head, a look of confusion on his face at the teen's hesitation. "James?"

The silent teenager remained standing in the doorway even after Simon pulled back the covers and patted the space beside him on the bed. "Coming?" The artist smiled at the unintentional pun.

The choice of words was not lost on the teenager. James’ whispered reply was barely audible. "Hope to soon."

Simon’s grin turned to a frown as the teen remained motionless, his shallow breaths the only indication that he was still in the room. "James?" The black man slid across the bed until he was sitting on the side, facing the youth. "Is something wrong, Tiger?" No answer. "I'm not going to bite, James. Come here."

Taking a deep breath, the teen muttered to himself quietly, "I can do this."

Simon’s eyes widened at the words his lover whispered. Holding out a hand, he motioned James to join him. It took several seconds before the teen complied with his request. The blind artist carefully touched the youth and was completely surprised at the fine trembling he felt in James’ body. "Tiger? Is something wrong? Would you rather sleep in the guest bedroom?"

"NO!" James gripped Simon’s hand and pressed it against his towel covered groin. "I want to spend the night with you."

The black artist tugged on the teenager's hand, trying to pull him closer. "Why the hesitation?"

James resisted the older man's pull and instead took a step back. Simon kept his hold on the youth's hand and waited quietly. After a solid minute of thought, Simon posed a question to the young football player. "James? Have you ever had anal sex with a man?"

The teenager jerked his hand away. "Fuck yeah. Of course I have."

Simon reached out and closed his hand around James’ neck, forcing the youth to lean down. "Look, babe. It's me . . . Simon. I'm not one of your buds from school. You have nothing to prove to me."

James bowed his head only to have his chin caught by Simon’s finger and lifted

"I'm not going to think less of you, James." Simon cupped the youth's face in his hands and kissed him softly, his words whispering into James’ open mouth. "In fact, I would be incredibly honored to receive the gift of your innocence."

"I'm no fucking baby. And I've been sucking cock since I was 14 years old."

Simon smiled at the teen's attempted bravado. "And a very good cock sucker you are, my love." The black man brushed his fingers over the cheeky smile on his lover's face. "But I'm not talking about sucking cock or giving hand jobs. I'm talking about anal sex, James." The artist pressed a gentle kiss to James’ cheek before whispering in his ear. "If you're a virgin to this type of loving I need to know, Tiger. It would kill me if I hurt you in any way." Simon ran his hand over the teen's bare chest and played briefly with his nipples. "Anal sex can hurt if not performed properly. Do you want me to hurt you?"

James sucked in a breath as the flesh of his nipples tightened into small nubs. "Shit, Si."

Simon tapped his finger on the teen's nose. "Answer me, James. Please. It's important I know the truth." The teen's trembling increased and Simon ached to pull the boy into the shelter of his arms, but until his lover trusted him with an honest answer, the artist would not touch him intimately.

"James? I'm asking one final time. Are you a virgin in this regard?"

"Yes."

The answer was so quiet, the black man almost missed it. Simon removed the damp towel from his lover's body and slid off the bed to kneel in front of James. "It's okay, baby. It's nothing to be ashamed about."

The tall teen shook his head and stared into the darkness. "I'm not ashamed, Si. I just never wanted to do it with anyone before." James' hand wandered across the large man's chest and rested over the area of his heart. "Never until now." James' blue eyes searched the blind man's face. "Fuck me, Simon. Make me yours."

The black artist smiled. There was the lost little boy he cherished, asking for the love he had been denied during his childhood. Simon bent his head forward and nuzzled the fresh clean skin of James’ stomach. "No fucking, Tiger. Only loving."

James gasped as the small hollow of his navel was tongued repeatedly. Legs that were steady a second before now threatened to collapse and the teen gripped Simon’s shoulders for support.

Simon smiled as the heat of arousal rushed through his lover's body. The boy's cock drilled into his lower jaw, reminding him of its presence. Ignoring the blatant offer of manhood, Simon moved further up the teen's body and attended to the sensitive circles of flesh on James' smooth chest. He nuzzled the wrinkled nubs before licking a wet path over each one. Unable to decide which one to tease first, Simon satisfied his hunger by sucking noisily on the right nipple while gently pinching the left. Both maneuvers were appreciated by James, his fierce moans a definite indication of his pleasure.

"Oh God, Si. Your . . . your mouth.’

Simon nipped the hairless skin of James’ upper torso, leaving a path of passion marks. He mouthed the definition of bone and muscle on his way toward his ultimate goal. Groaning his delight in his lover's youthful body, Simon traced his tongue over James’ trembling lips. "I love you, Tiger."

James’ blue eyes blazed with unspoken emotions, their depths misting with a dampness that threatened to spill over and alert the blind man to the fragile state of his heart. The teen struggled to force out words that would not betray his weakness, words that would indicate his cocksure confidence. A confidence that was false and had disappeared with the first touch of Simon’s hand on his naked body. "Si . . . I . . . you make me . . . Si, I . . ."

Simon claimed James’ mouth and went in search of the words that remained trapped in the boy's throat. His tongue went deep, gathering his lover's sweet taste. Raking over the sharp edges of James’ teeth, he teased the youth into following his tongue back into his mouth. The minute the teen wandered in, Simon sucked hard on James’ tongue, smiling at the harsh moan that fought its way out into the silence.

Releasing his lover's mouth, the artist smoothed his hands over the youth's tall body, trailing a light sensual touch over broad shoulders, wide chest, narrow waist. His fingers rested lightly on James’ hips, unsure of where to go next. Rubbing his thumbs back and forth over the crease that joined legs and torso, Simon took a deep breath and inhaled the strong scent of his lover's sex. "I wish I could see your cock, Tiger. I bet it's standing so straight and proud." The black man wrapped his hand around the shaft and squeezed lightly. "It's so hard, like steel wrapped in velvet."

Leaning down, Simon licked his tongue over the weeping slit. "I love the taste of your seed and I'm afraid it's becoming an addiction for me." He blew a breath of warm air over James’ erection and leaned back, concentrating totally on his senses to direct his loving. "It's times like these that I curse my blindness."

The older man smiled at the touch of James’ fingers as they ghosted over his sightless eyes. "I ache with such hunger to see you, to see your face. The artist in me wants to rejoice in the contrast of our skin color, to watch as the darkness of my flesh slides over your pale body. That image alone is enough to threaten my control."

James tangled his fingers in Simon’s tight curls and pulled the man's head back. He looked down and lost his breath at the sight of love etched on Simon’s face. "I wish you could see me, Si. Cause maybe then you could see . . . could see how much . . . ."

Simon cradled his lover's genitals in his large hands. "Is it love, James? If my eyes looked into yours would I see love?" The teen's knees buckled and he fell into the shelter of his lover's arms. Simon held James close and ran his hands over the youth's warm skin. "Do you love me, Tiger?"

James hid his face, his words muffled against the man's dark skin. "I . . . I . . . " Teeth scraped against one of Simon’s nipples as James searched for the words that would communicate the state of his heart. "Dammit!" James pulled away from Simon and scrambled to his feet. "I'm a jock, Si. I don't know all the right words. But maybe, maybe I can show you."

Reaching down, he assisted the large man back on the bed, easily avoiding the arms that attempted to pull him close again. With his hands resting momentarily on his lover's wide shoulders, James took a moment to admire Simon’s body. His gaze traced the hard muscles that defined the man's chest and abdomen and he couldn't help but smile at the sight of his lover's outie bellybutton. James smacked his lips, more than ready to nibble on the small protrusion of flesh.

Simon’s ragged intake of air directed the teen's attention upwards and he watched avidly as the man's large nipples shriveled into tight little buds. Leaning down he slowly licked his tongue over each peak.

"James! Feels good, babe. More . . . oh God . . . lick some more."

Complying with the artist's request, James spent several minutes tasting the ebony peaks. When the older man flung out his right arm, the teen's gaze traced the extremity and caught sight of the items on the nearby bed stand. Distracting his lover with a pinch to each nipple, James snagged the container of lubricant and a condom. Coating his fingers with the cold gel, he reached between his legs and pushed the slippery mess inside his hole.

Wanting his activity to remain undetected, James leaned down and sucked hard on one of Simon’s nipples. He worried the sensitive flesh with his tongue and teeth as Simon's fingers clawed at his head and shoulders. Switching sides, James lavished the same attention to the neglected nub, the very act of sucking choking back the moans of pleasure his self preparation was producing.

Finally after working three fingers easily in and out of his hole, James relinquished his lover's nipple and leaned back. Sliding the condom on his nearly incoherant lover's cock, James took a deep breath and readied himself for the momentous step he was about to take.

I love him. I want him. James smiled at the wanton sprawl of his soon to be lover. Simple as that. Secure in his decision, he scored his nails across Simon’s swollen nipples, taking advantage of his reaction to grab the man's erection and guide it inside his body.

"What the . . . SHIT! James!"

The blind man lifted off the mattress, nearly unseating his young lover. Taken completely by surprise by James’ brazen move, Simon fought to control the teen's movements, his hands gripping James’ hips. "Babe . . . slow . . . take it slow . . . DAMN!" Simon threw back his head and howled with joy as his cock was completely taken inside his lover's virgin channel. The teen laughed as his ass muscles instinctively clamped down on Simon’s manhood.

Words of happy amazement rushed out of James’ mouth. "Fuck! You're in me. You're really all the way in me."

Simon groaned as his lover rocked his hips back and forth. Shuddering helplessly at the sensations bombarding his body, the black artist struggled to think. When the hell did I lose control of this love initiation? Determined to take an active role, Simon wrapped one hand around James’ swollen member and the other hand around the teenager's neck, pulling him down into a soul shattering kiss.

The older man's touch on his dick pushed James perilously close to shooting his load. The slow in and out ride was abandoned and the teen's movements took on a frantic, almost desperate rhythm. James closed his hands around Simon’s and bucked wildly, forcing his dick to slide roughly in the black man's grip.

"Si! I'm . . . lover . . . yours, man. I'm all yours."

James forced his eyes open and grabbed Simon’s head. Pulling the man close, the teen surrendered the words his heart had kept hidden for so long. "I love you, Si." As the echo of his confession was swallowed up by his lover's mouth, James felt his body shatter into a million pieces as a searing heat filled his ass.

With a final stroke of his hand, Simon pushed his young lover over the edge and hot spurts of cum splattered across his chest, the liquid heat branding each patch of skin it touched. The black man caught the teen's heavy weight as it collapsed down upon him and he stroked his hands over James’ trembling body, listening as the youth tried to control his labored breathing enough to speak.

Wiping the sweat from his face, James had the audacity to grin at his panting lover as he wiggled his ass. "I'm no fucking virgin now." He lifted up and looked down to where his body was still joined with Simon’s. "I can't believe that goliath dick of yours is inside me." Laying back down on Simon’s chest, James whispered in awe. "Wow! It feels so . . . hell, I don't even know how to describe it."

Simon grunted as the teen bounced back upright. "Oomph!"

James reached behind himself and squeezed the older man's balls. "Come on, Si. Let's do it again. I’ll let you be on top this time."

The blind man groaned and grabbed his enthusiastic lover. "Dear God, help me. I've created a monster."

 

Chapter 5

Dawn slipped inside the main house and made her way directly to the kitchen. She smiled at Marta as she poured herself a cup of coffee. Her moment of caffeine enjoyment was cut short by the housekeeper’s words.

"The young one stayed last night."

Dawn almost dropped her cup, a look of disbelief on her face. The gray haired lady picked up a dishcloth and wiped away the splattered coffee.

"He slept in Mr. Simon’s bed."

Dawn carefully placed the priceless china cup on the counter before stumbling backwards and sitting in a nearby chair. "Oh shit."

The person responsible for her rude awakening chose that very moment to walk into the kitchen. Half asleep and clad only his underwear, James headed straight to the fridge. Grabbing a bottle of orange juice, he leaned drowsily against the large appliance and gulped down the chilled beverage. Light from the open fridge spilled across his partially naked body, highlighting the passion marks on his neck and chest. Discarding the glass container in the recycle bin, James waved at the two stunned women and walked out of the kitchen.

Dawn stared at the spot the teenager had just vacated. "Oh SHIT!"

The housekeeper’s raised eyebrow agreed with her exclamation.

Dawn looked around the room. "Where’s…?"

"He’s out on the terrace."

The redhead reached for her cup of coffee and took a fortifying swallow. An understanding smile was offered to Marta as the older woman left to do the laundry. Shaking her head, Dawn went in search of her boss.

Simon was standing on the edge of the terrace, tossing a ball to Jeffrey. The large man wore his usual attire of black slacks and silk shirt. Today his shirt was a deep shade of gold and emphasized his dark skin.

"Good morning, Dawn."

"Simon."

"Sleep well?"

"Most definitely. And you?" Dawn caught sight of the secret smile on her boss’ face.

Simon threw Jeffrey’s ball again. "Best sleep I’ve ever had."

Dawn stood quietly beside the black man, watching the Golden Lab retrieve his toy.

"Simon?"

"Yes?"

"You’ve got a hickey the size of Texas on your neck." Dawn stepped back, Simon’s smile nearly blinding her.

The older man reached up and traced his fingers over the bruised area. "Is it a good one? Can you really see it?"

Dawn’s mouth dropped open, her boss’ reaction completely catching her by surprise. Shaking her head again, the redhead chuckled. "Looks like James was trying to suck your…"

"He was. He did." The artist grinned widely, his large hand unconsciously brushing over his groin. "That boy has a most talented mouth."

"Too much information, Simon. Waaaaaay too much."

Simon reached out and grabbed his personal assistant in a rib-crushing hug. "I am so happy, Dawn. You just can’t believe how happy that boy made me last night." The blind man released Dawn and knelt to pet his guide dog.

Dawn turned her gaze toward the beautifully landscaped grounds and sighed deeply. Simon cocked his head at the sound.

"What’s wrong, dear lady?"

The redhead placed her hand on her boss’ shoulder. "I guess I’m in shock, Simon. This is the first time, to my knowledge, that you’ve ever invited one of your young men to spend the night. Spend it in your bed. And I just…"

The artist stood and faced his assistant. "Spit it out, Dawn. You’ve never been one to hold your tongue."

The young woman chewed on her bottom lip for a few seconds. "I’ve been with you for a long time. Long enough to know, the only time you take someone to your bed is if you’re really serious about them. Are you, Simon? Are you serious about James?"

Simon’s features softened as he whispered, "Yes."

Dawn touched the black man’s cheek. "Does that mean… last night… did you and James?"

"James gave me his virginity, Dawn. Do you know what that means to me? How special that makes me feel?"

"Damn." Dawn looked away briefly. A moment later she returned her attention to her friend. "James is so young, Simon. And he is quite the lustful teenager. Are you sure he wasn’t just fucking you?"

Simon placed his fingers briefly over Dawn’s mouth. "Don’t say that word. I don’t ever want to hear that word in regards to James."

Dawn hung her head in apology. "I’m sorry, Simon." The redhead knelt on the dew damp grass and playfully wrestled Jeffrey to the ground. Reaching for the dog’s bright green ball, Dawn tossed it across the yard before looking up at her boss. "You know I’ll support you in any decision you make but I just need for you to think long and hard about getting seriously involved with someone as young as James."

Simon held out his hand and helped his assistant to her feet. "It’s a little too late for that. I’m in way too deep. Especially after last night."

Dawn tapped a finger against Simon's chest. "I was afraid of that." She stared at the older man for several seconds. "Will you let me play the devil’s advocate for a few moments, Simon?"

The blind artist pulled away and sat heavily in his chair. "It won’t make any difference but go ahead."

"Have you considered that maybe James is too young for the type of relationship you obviously want?" Dawn pulled up a chair and sat in front of Simon, her hands reaching out to rest on his knees. "James is still in high school. Is he ready to commit himself to one person?"

The redhead blew an errant bang out of her eyes. "Not to mention, in less that two years, James will be heading off to college. And we both know that football scholarship from State will go to James his senior year. Which means, he’ll be moving away from Cascade. Will either of you be satisfied with a long distance love affair? Would it be fair to you, to James, to tie yourselves down to an exclusive relationship?"

Dawn gripped one of Simon’s hands. "I’m not trying to be mean, Simon. Hell! I like James… on most days."

The black man chuckled briefly.

Dawn continued. "But Simon, you’ve got to think about these things. And I haven’t even touched on how others will view your relationship with James." The young woman lowered her voice. "Have you even considered how James’ father will react to the fact that his son is in a gay relationship with an older man? Forgive me for this, Simon… but not only an older man but one who is blind and black? We both know what a bigot William Ellison is."

"And what about his friends, his classmates? What are they going to think about James dating a man your age? Can you imagine the peer pressure he’ll have to deal with? Can he handle it?" Dawn ignored Jeffrey’s plea for more ball tossing and indicated the dog should sit at his master’s side. Leaning back in her chair, she ran her fingers through her shoulder length hair. "I know you too well, Simon. I can already tell that you’re on the verge of giving your heart completely to this boy. What if he breaks it? What if he dumps you for the next tight ass that wiggles at him? Can you handle losing him?"

The redhead watched the various emotions chase across her friend’s expressive face. She felt her own heart sink at the look of sad recognition that settled over Simon’s features. Pushing out of her chair, Dawn knelt before the large man, gathering both his hands in hers. "I care very much for you, Simon and I don’t want to see you get hurt again. Too many young men have sashayed their asses through your life, taking advantage of your tender heart and giving nature."

Dawn kissed the older man’s hands. "I’m very protective of you. I want you to be happy and have the love you so richly deserve. I want you to have what I have with Sharrie… a love that will last all eternity." She brushed her hand over Simon’s damp cheek. "Can you guarantee you’ll have that type of relationship with James? Are you sure he’s in it for the long haul?"

The artist closed his eyes and sighed heavily. One of his hands slipped inside his shirt and rubbed the area over his heart. "I love him, Dawn. It’s too late to save my heart. James claimed it last night." Simon straightened up in his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose, a pained look on his face. "But maybe you’re right. James might not be mature enough for what I want. Maybe I should…"

"No, she’s not."

James’ deep voice startled them. The teenager strode quickly to where they were sitting, his jeans riding low on his hips, his bare chest still damp from a recent visit to the shower. "Don’t listen to a word she says, Si." James turned his back on Dawn and straddled the blind man’s lap.

"James. I didn’t mean…"

Dawn scrambled to her feet as James whipped around his head and glared at her. He growled, "This is between me and Si. Butt the hell out."

The redhead sat slowly in her chair, refusing to leave Simon.

James frowned at the young woman and flipped her the bird, a definite expression of his disapproval. Dawn lifted her chin and dared the teenager to take it further. James shrugged his shoulders and dismissed the woman.

"Si…" The football player traced his lover’s face, his fingertips hesitating over the damp trails of the artist’s tears. "Kiss me."

"James. This isn’t the time…"

"Kiss me, Si. Kiss me now."

The black man waited a second too long and James took over the task. He skimmed his lips across Simon’s mouth, coaxing it to open. Gaining access, he explored his lover’s moist heat with his tongue, leaving no area neglected. A breathless moan was captured and swallowed, a questioning tongue caught and suckled.

James stroked his fingers down Simon’s neck, tracing the man’s Adam's apple before exploring the dark skin exposed by the open shirt. Gentling the wet, hot kiss into a tender exchange of breath, he pulled back slightly and brushed his tongue across Simon’s swollen lips. Leaning further away, the youth asked demandingly, "Was that the kiss of someone who’s gonna shit on your heart?"

James moved forward again, bringing his mouth close to Simon’s ear as hee whispered fiercely. "I don’t give a fuck who knows about us… of me loving you or you loving me. Not my friends and, sure as hell, not my father. The only person I give a rat’s ass about is you, Si. " James wrapped his arms around the large man and buried his face against Simon’s neck. "I love you, Si," the boy said softly. "The rest of the world can go fuck itself."

Turning his head slightly, the teenager’s gaze caught Dawn’s attention. "Interfering lesbians included."

Simon tangled his fingers in James’ thick hair and nuzzled the area behind one ear. "Don’t be so hard on Dawn. She’s only looking out for me."

"Yeah, right." James turned back toward his lover and pressed his hand over the man’s heart, holding it there for several seconds. "You believe me, don’t ya, Si?" The teenager’s eyes darkened with emotion as he gazed at the blind artist. "I don’t want you for your money. I don’t want you cause you’re a great fuck. And I’m sure as hell not going to run after the next dick that walks by." James kissed the large man’s nose. "I’m here with you because I want to be, because I care about you, dammit."

The high school student glanced over his shoulder at Dawn. "And nobody… NOBODY… is gonna make me leave you."

James returned his attention to his lover, ready to offer another kiss, this time to the man’s chin. He pressed his lips to the dark flesh briefly before licking his tongue over Simon’s morning stubble. "I’ll stay with you as long as you want me to. And if that’s forever, then… I’m all for it. Any questions? Have I made myself clear?"

The questions hung in the air. Dawn cleared her throat but wisely kept her mouth shut.

A huge smile broke out across Simon’s face. The artist pulled his young lover close and ran his hands over the bare skin of his chest. Resting his forehead against James,’ Simon spoke quietly. "I know this relationship is going to take a lot of work, not to mention patience and understanding on both our parts. And there are going to be some people who will not approve of us loving each other. I’m not that blind. It’s quite obvious, we’re going against the norm in a major way… our difference in age, race and of course, the big one… being openly gay. No telling what kind of shit is going to be thrown at us."

"But I think as long as we’re open with each other and really take the time to talk, to express our feelings… even if it’s something that might hurt… I think we can make this relationship work."

Simon turned his head toward his personal assistant. Dawn slid out of her chair and gripped the man’s shoulder, sighing deeply, her heart still troubled, despite the teenager’s declarations. Shaking her head, the redhead ignored James as she spoke directly to her boss. "You know you have my support, Simon. Sharrie’s too. And if you ever need us… for any reason whatsoever, we’ll be there for you."

James stared at Dawn for several long seconds before turning back to Simon. He smiled softly at his lover and kissed him tenderly on the lips.

"United we stand, Si." The teen slipped his free hand underneath the man’s shirt and teased Simon’s bellybutton. "And beware to those who try to fuck with us. We’ll sic our lusty Lizzies on them."

Male laughter spilled into the crisp morning air, as concerned blue eyes remained focused on the two men.

 

Chapter 6

Sharrie rolled over and floated on her back, the muscles in her arms and legs quivering slightly from the exertion of swimming twenty-five laps. After several minutes, she shifted her weight and allowed her feet to touch down on the bottom of the pool. Slicking back her wet hair, Sharrie turned and found herself staring into the curious eyes of James Ellison. The teen sat with his legs dangling in the water.

"Hello?"

"Your woman doesn’t like me very much."

Sharrie walked toward the teenager. "My woman has a name."

James leaned back on his hands, proudly displaying his swimsuit clad package of manhood. "Dawn," he spit out, "does not like me."

Ignoring the teenager, Sharrie climbed out of the pool and grabbed for the towel she had earlier tossed across one of the nearby chairs. Drying off, she examined James, noticing the nervous twitch in his jaw. "Dawn likes you. It just happens that she likes Simon more."

James squinted up at the afternoon sun. "If she likes me, why did she try to talk Simon into tossing me out on my ass this morning?"

Sharrie slipped a t-shirt on. "Is that what you thought she was doing?"

"Yeah." The teen plucked several blades of grass free and tossed them in the air.

"What makes you think that?" The magazine editor took a seat on the chair nearest to James.

Rolling his eyes, James glanced at the older woman. "She basically told Simon I wasn’t worth keeping around because I’m one…" the teen ticked off Dawn’s complaints using his fingers. "… too young, two… ready to chase after each and every ass that shakes its dick at me and three… unable to handle loving an older guy who’s blind and black."

"Are you?" Sharrie slipped on her sunglasses.

"Huh?" James stopped splashing his legs in the pool and turned to face his female companion.

"Are you these things Dawn claims you are? Are you too young?"

James puffed out his chest. "Hell no! I’m in the prime of my life. It’s Simon who she really needs to worry about. He might be too old to keep up with me."

Sharrie turned her head to the side, hiding the smile that came with the image of Rooster James Ellison strutting his stuff. She cleared the giggles away with a cough. "Maybe you should make sure Simon takes his vitamins."

"Yeah. Good idea." A wicked smile appeared on the teen’s face. "Maybe I should include a healthy dose of Viagara, too. Gotta keep his big boy saluting."

Sharrie nearly choked on her laughter. Grabbing her water bottle, she took several swallows of the cool liquid. "Thank you, James. That picture is now permanently fixed in my mind."

The teenager snickered. "My man is definitely hung."

"Back to the subject at hand."

James grinned. "Oh… my hand’s been on the subject. Been on it quite a few times."

"James!" Sharrie squirted the football player with water.

"Okay, okay." James swung his legs out of the pool and scooted closer to Sharrie’s chair. He played with the hem of her t-shirt for several seconds before looking up. "Continuing on… am I gonna chase after dick?" The boy shook his head vehemently. "Only if it’s Simon’s."

Sharrie allowed the comment to pass. "All right. What about her last claim? Not being able to handle loving Simon because he’s blind and black?"

James waved his hand in the air. "Him being black means nothing to me. I’m not in love with his skin color."

The editor probed deeper. "What about Simon’s blindness? Does that bother you?"

"It was hard at first." James ducked his head.

"Why was that?"

The football player picked a piece of grass off Sharrie’s t-shirt. "The touching. Since he can’t see me, he touches me a lot."

Sharrie frowned, confused. "The touching?"

James drew his legs up and wrapped his arms around his knees, the sharing of feelings making him feel a little uncomfortable. "Him touching me… I’m not used to that."

Sharrie took a moment to examine the protective posture the teen had assumed. "When you say touching, do you mean intimately?"

The teenager hid his face, his words barely audible. "No… yes… all of it. I’m not… nobody’s ever wanted to touch me like Simon does… like he cares." Like he loves me when nobody else does, James thought.

A painful sadness lanced through Sharrie’s heart. "What about your parents? I’m sure your mom hugged and kissed on you."

James looked over at the older woman, his blue eyes shadowed as unhappy childhood memories crowded his mind. "Mom left us when we were little."

"Us?"

"Me and Stevie, my brother."

Sharrie reached out and brushed her hand over the teen’s sandy blonde hair. "Oh, James. I’m so sorry."

Blocking out the image of his mother’s empty rocking chair, James closed his eyes, his voice again dropping into a whisper. "One day she was there, the next she was gone. No note, no nothing." He wiped his face against his arm, the pain of that long ago loss still haunting his heart. "And she’s never been back." The teen sighed heavily. "It really hurt Stevie."

And you too. Sharrie gripped the teen’s shoulder. "What about your Dad?" The muscles under her hand turned to stone.

"My father is a first class SOB and I’d rather not talk about him." A patch of grass was angrily ripped free.

Sharrie pulled back in surprise upon hearing the dangerous tone of James’ voice. The youth’s words literally dripped with hatred and the older woman couldn’t help but wonder about the relationship between father and son. A quick look at James’ closed features and Sharrie decided to bench that specific topic and move on. "Tell me about Stevie."

It was a few seconds before James chuckled, a genuine smile transforming his somber features. "Stevie’s six years younger than me and if I may say so, he’s a pretty good kid. In fact, he just made his school's swim team."

"I take it, you’re very proud of your little brother?" Sharrie smiled.

"Yeah. It’s really only me and him. And Sally, our housekeeper. The three Musketeers."

Sharrie noticed Senior Ellison had been left out of the equation. "What does Stevie think about you and Simon?"

James blushed slightly. "I haven’t told him yet. Stevie’s still having trouble understanding why I like dick and not pussy."

"He has a problem with you being gay?"

The teen pursed his lips and thought for a second. "I don’t think so but then, we really haven’t talked about it. I like guys and if Stevie doesn’t think that’s cool… well… I guess it’s something I’ll have to live with." Just like I’ve learned to live without… the teen shook his head, forcing back the gloomy thoughts. James turned to Sharrie, a mischievous glint appearing in his eyes. "Why do you like pussy?"

"Because I don’t like dick?" The woman’s look said…duh!

The high school student laughed, the sound boisterously happy. "I like you, Sharrie Davis." Falling on to his back, James smiled up at the slightly plump woman. "But seriously, why do you prefer pussy over dick? And why Dawn?"

Sharrie patted the teen on his thigh. "Men do absolutely nothing for me. The leave me absolutely cold. But women… " A secret smile teased a corner of the woman’s mouth. "I’ve been attracted to women since I was in high school."

"But why?" James pushed for more information.

Sharrie ran a hand through her short, chestnut-colored hair. "It’s hard to explain. Besides the obvious… the softness, the curves, I like tangling with the female mind. Love embracing a woman’s heart, her emotions. It’s an experience I really can’t explain to you, James. I just know I like talking with them, spending time with them and…" Sharrie pinched the teen. "… making love to them."

James made a face and stuck out his tongue at his afternoon companion. "But why Dawn? Speak of the devil…" He cocked his head toward the approaching woman.

Sharrie smiled at her mate and the small child she carried. "Now, I know my woman, as you put it, is not perfect." The editor ignored the muttered Amen. "And there are some days when Dawn drives me up the wall. But if I had to say why I love her… I’d say it’s because she’s everything I want in a life partner. She’s intelligent, caring, gentle and, most important of all, she loves my daughter."

James flipped over on his stomach. "Daughter? That’s your daughter?" The teen watched as the two women kissed deeply. "I didn’t know you had a daughter. Hell, I just found out that you two are living in the caretaker’s house down the hill."

"Been there for about two years now." Sharrie took possession of her wiggly daughter. Brushing back the child’s blonde curls, she made the introductions. "James, this is Chloe, my wicked, wicked daughter." A raspberry was blown on the toddler’s belly. "Chloe, meet James."

Fascinated with the small child, James scrambled to his knees and held out a finger. Chloe latched on to the offered digit and brought it to her mouth, smiling happily as she sucked noisily on it.

"Is she hungry?" The football player scooted closer.

Dawn settled down behind Sharrie on the pool chair. "She better not be! I just got finished feeding Miss Porky Pig." The redhead searched out her lover’s hand and gave it a tender kiss. Lifting an eyebrow, she silently questioned James’ presence. The older woman mouthed later and Dawn nodded her understanding.

James leaned forward and touched the child’s hair with his free hand. "She’s really cute. What are you gonna do about getting her a father?"

Dawn smiled at her lover. "She doesn’t need a father… she has both of us."

Freeing his finger, James frowned at the slobbery mess Chloe had gifted him with. "What about her having a manly influence in her life?"

Sharrie snorted. "You volunteering?"

The toddler tumbled off her mother’s lap and fell straight into James’ arms. The two stared at each other for several seconds. Finally, Chloe patted the youth on his chin, snuggled close and promptly went to sleep.

James grinned at the two women. "Hey! I got an idea. Me and Simon can be her fathers." The teen buried his nose in the small child’s curls. "Yep, that’s it! You be her mothers and we’ll be her fathers."

Dawn watched as the teen rocked her stepdaughter back and forth. Sharing a knowing look with her partner, she laughed, "Heaven help us. We’re in for it now."

 

Chapter 7

"Where’s Si?" James sat down on the corner of Dawn’s cluttered desk.

The redhead ignored the teen’s foot hitting her chair. "Can’t you put some clothes on?" Dawn frowned at James’ half naked form.

Running his hand over his bare chest, the football player pinched his nipples and grinned at Dawn. "Nah, it only means more shit I have to strip off when I wanna fuck Simon."

Dawn snapped her mouth shut and glared at James. "You have a filthy mouth, James Ellison."

The teen leaned forward and whispered in the woman’s ear. "Simon’s not complaining. He’s more than happy to fill it with his big fat dick."

"JAMES!" Dawn scooted back her chair and busied herself searching through files on the desk behind her.

James’ grin widened. He did love teasing the hell out of the petite redhead. Something about Dawn brought out the devil in him and he never passed up an opportunity to shock her panties off. "And how is Sharrie this morning? Did you send her off to work with a tongue-sucking kiss?"

Dawn tilted her head and frowned suspiciously at the high school student. A thought of comprehension clicked in her mind and she shook her head, deciding to turn the tables on James. "Actually, it was a tongue-sucking, pussy-licking kiss." Pushing the teen off her desk, Dawn stood up. "And she enjoyed it immensely."

James was silent for several seconds before bursting out in laughter, the infectious sound tugging a small smile from the woman standing beside him. "Good one, Red. You got me with that one."

Dawn blew a stray bang back into place. "Don’t call me Red."

The football player danced away from the hand aimed at his head. Grinning he asked again, "Where’s Si?"

Dawn picked up a note and handed it to the teen. "He typed this for you before he left."

Morning, Lover.

James felt an unfamiliar warmth creep into his heart upon reading those words. Unaware of his actions, he rubbed his hand over his upper chest.

Sorry I didn’t wake you up before I left. You looked so peaceful sleeping. And when I recalled how late we went to bed last night, I thought it best to let you sleep in. You need all the rest you can get—to keep your ‘strength’ up, if you know what I mean.

James chuckled at Simon’s play on words. "Always up for you, Si."

I have a meeting with my investment broker today, James. Should be back around 3 or 4 this afternoon. Try and not aggravate Dawn to death.

James peeked over the top of the note at the redhead. "Oops!" Before Dawn could question him, he looked back down at Simon’s message.

And James, if you don’t mind, could you do a little cleaning for me? I need all those empty crates moved out of the studio to make room for a new shipment of supplies.

Thanks, Sweetcheeks.

Simon

James blushed at the new nickname his lover had given him. Last night Simon had rimmed him until he howled for mercy. A final thrust of the older man’s tongue inside his ass and James had shot his load, his cum dripping down over his balls on its way to his hole. Simon had licked it up eagerly before announcing his newest term of affection.

"You’ve got one fine ass, Sweetcheeks," the artist had whispered as he slid his dick inside James.

"Maybe I should come up with a nickname for you, old man." James tapped the note against his chin for several seconds. A name popped into his mind and instantly triggered an image, causing the teenager to bend over with laughter. "You are so in for it, Si."

Before Dawn could question his sanity, James left the woman’s office and headed toward the back of the house to Simon’s studio. Opening the mahogany cabinet that held his lover’s sound system, he turned on the radio and quickly went to work. Two hours passed and soon the teen was hot and sweaty from his physical activity.

"Time for a break!" James declared.

Grabbing a bottle of water from the small fridge Simon kept in the studio, he surveyed the work he had done. Something behind a nearby crate caught his attention and, after taking a large swallow of water, he walked over to investigate. "So that’s where you disappeared to." The football player wrestled free a missing sock of his. Leaning back against the large crate, he idly twirled the sock in the air, taking several minutes to drink his water and listen to the music on the radio. A naughty gleam took up residence in his eyes when he heard the DJ announce the upcoming concert by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Hearing the first notes of the group’s newest song come over the radio, James looked down at the sock in his hand. "Oh, what the hell!"

Putting down his water, the teenager shucked off his shorts and fitted the sock over his dick and balls. He wiggled a few times, testing the security of the cotton sheath. Satisfied, James grabbed the sound system’s remote control and cranked up the volume on the radio. Singing along with the music, he danced around the room, strutting back and forth, proudly displaying his manhood by waving it at the half finished sculptures in the room.

Thrusting his hips forward, James reached between his legs and played with his balls. Squeezing them, he yelled happily, "Who’s ya daddy, Big Boy?"

"I guess that would be me." Simon slapped James on his ass before taking him into his arms.

James nearly jumped out of his skin, totally unprepared for his lover’s return. He gulped, "Si! Whatcha doing back so soon?" The teenager hurriedly turned the radio off and tossed the remote control aside. "Thought you wouldn’t be home until 3 or 4?"

The blind artist rubbed his hands over James’s bare butt. "If you were wearing a watch, you’d see it was 3:30pm." Simon rested his chin on his young lover’s shoulder. "Want to tell me why you’re working in the buff?" He slid his hand over the teen’s hip, his exploring fingers quickly discovering James’ sock-clad genitals. "Lover? Is this a new look for you?"

James turned and threw his arms around Simon, burying his blushing face against the man’s neck. "Just goofing around, Si."

"Without me?" The artist held his young lover for several moments, enjoying the feel of James’ quiet strength in his arms.

Wanting more than just a hug, James shuffled backwards, his rump hitting one of Simon’s worktables. Hoisting himself on top, he pulled Simon between his outspread legs. "Touch me," James demanded of the older man.

"My pleasure," Simon answered, stroking his hands over his naked lover, slipping between their bodies to pinch and tug on James’ nipples. Encouraged by the youth’s breathless gasp, he lowered his head and, with his mouth, searched out the two wrinkled nubs on the high school student’s chest, nipping and sucking on them.

"Oh yeah." James braced his arms against the back of the table and lifted his legs, circling Simon’s waist. "Suck harder, Si."

Complying with his lover’s request, Simon doubled his efforts, alternating between sucking and biting James’ nipples. The teen’s husky moans soon filled the studio and Simon smiled at the sound of James’ vocal appreciation. Sliding his hands over his lover’s abdomen and groin, he gently removed the sock. "In the way," he mumbled.

Wrapping his fingers around the hard, leaking shaft, Simon expertly brought James off. Right before his lover spilled his release, the artist quickly leaned down and sucked the teen’s cock into his mouth, determined to catch every drop of cum. After several seconds, Simon allowed the spent organ to slip free and, with a sigh of contentment, buried his face in James’ damp groin. He kissed the tender flesh while inhaling the heavy scent of musk surrounding it, evidence of the teenager’s recent labor.

James tangled his fingers in Simon’s hair and pulled him upright. Dropping one leg, he insinuated his knee in between the blind man’s legs, nudging the man’s awakening erection, encouraging Simon to hump his leg. The feel of his lover’s dick riding his thigh was enough to get the juices percolating in his own organ and James moaned loudly.

Grabbing one of Simon’s hands, he guided it to his hungry flesh. "Do it again. Jerk me off."

Simon was more than willing to obey. He wrapped his large hand around the straining shaft and stroked fast and hard---just the way James loved it. Once a satisfying rhythm had been established, Simon latched onto the teen’s neck and directed his attention to the task of marking his lover with the biggest hickey in the world. The combination of his hot sucking mouth and his furiously stroking fist soon had James bucking wildly. Once again, Simon leaned down and drank his fill of the youth’s cum.

James howled as he shot his second load down the black man’s throat. Panting heavily, he grasped the front of his lover’s shirt and hauled the man up for a bruising kiss, almost desperate to taste himself in Simon’s mouth. "Damn, Si! Thought you were gonna suck my brains right out of my dick. You must really love my cum."

The artist hugged James tight, his fingers teasing the top of the cleft of his young lover’s ass. "You got that right, Sweetcheeks."

Grinning wickedly, James pulled out of Simon’s embrace and, jumping off the table, sank to his knees in front of the large man. "Speaking of nicknames," he said as he freed his lover’s huge cock and licked it hungrily.

"Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to fuck tall teenagers with a single thrust. It’s… it’s… SUPERDICK!"

 

Chapter 8

"Save some of that hot water for me," James yelled as his lover headed toward the bathroom.

"I wouldn’t have to save any if you’d get your ass in here," Simon yelled in return.

Chuckling, James began to strip off his clothes. He yanked his shirt over his head and instantly caught sight of one of Simon’s bite marks on his left pectoral. Closing his eyes, he played with his nipples, reliving the fucking Simon had given him that afternoon in the studio.

"God, I love his mouth on me," James moaned.

"You say something, Tiger," Simon inquired just before stepping into the shower.

James pinched his nipples and grinned. "My ass needs some serious rimming, Simon." He poked his head into the bathroom. "You up for another round of Kiss My Ass?"

Simon pulled back the shower curtain and smiled in the direction of the teenager. "Bring that fine ass in here and you’ll find out."

"On my way, Hotlips." James moved back into the bedroom and pulled his wallet out of the back pocket of his shorts, tossing it on the bedside table. It fell open and revealed a photograph of his brother. After shucking off his denim shorts and underwear, James sighed heavily and sat down on the bed. He reached for his wallet and spent several minutes tracing a finger over Stevie’s face.

"Something wrong, James?"

A touch on his shoulder caused James to look up and he found Simon standing before him with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Something weighing on your mind?"

James returned his gaze to his brother’s picture. "I was thinking about Stevie. I miss seeing him every day." Reaching out, he slid his hand across Simon’s flat stomach. "Umm… Si? Stevie’s got a swim meet this weekend. Would you like to come with me? I’ll introduce ya to him."

Simon sat down on the bed next to him. "It’s about time I get to meet the famous Stevie Ellison."

James laughed and patted Simon’s thigh. "I haven’t brought him over yet cause I didn’t know if you liked little kids running around your place."

"He’s your brother, James. Of course, you can bring him over." Simon moaned softly as James slipped his fingers underneath the towel he was wearing, the teasing touch causing his cock to lengthen and swell. Covering James’ hand with his own, he halted his exploring fingers. "Have you told Stevie about us?"

James grinned as he attempted to wrestle his hand free. "Come on, Si. Let go. I promise to behave."

Simon shook his head. "Uh huh. Where have I heard that before?" Tilting his head to the side, he listened. "Do I detect a pout?"

James pushed Simon on his back and straddled him. Taking Simon’s hand, he placed it on his dick. "Big pout. Can’t you feel it?"

"That is not your mouth."

"Details, details." James thrust his hips forward.

Simon laughed and rolled to his side, dislodging James. Before the teen could move, Simon continued rolling and trapped him in place. "Seriously, Tiger… have you told your brother about us?"

James ran his hands over Simon’s broad shoulders. "No. I was kinda waiting for the right moment… like at the swim meet."

Aware of the potential problems of going as a couple to a public event and not wishing to visit those problems upon his first meeting with Stevie, Simon thought for a few seconds. Nuzzling James’ neck, he suggested, "Why don’t you bring your brother here to meet me. That way we can enjoy a quiet visit together and not have a thousand spectators screaming in our ears." Leaning down to capture a kiss, he continued. "And yes, I’d be more than happy to go with you to your brother’s competition this weekend."

James looped his arms around Simon’s neck. Tangling his fingers in the man’s tight curls, he pulled him down and ran his tongue over his bottom lip. "Thanks, Si. You wanting to meet my little brother means a lot to me. I really want the two of you to be friends."

Overcome with emotions and unable to speak, Simon rolled to his side and pulled James to him. Wrapping his arms around him, he buried his face in the sandy blonde strands that caressed his cheek. "James,’ Simon forced out his lover’s name.

James swallowed the sound of his name with a long, hard kiss. Grinning, he jumped to his feet and gently tugged on Simon’s cock. "Enough sap. I’ve got an ass that needs to be shined and polished." Releasing his hold, James pulled Simon off the bed and guided him toward the bathroom, stripping away his towel as they walked. "Make sure I’m squeaky clean, Si. I want a rimming that will make me howl."

Simon slapped James’ ass. "And what do I get in return?"

James bent over and turned on the taps. Satisfied with the temp of the water, he bumped his rear against Simon’s groin. "You get to ride the finest ass in Cascade."

Simon stepped into the shower. "Your ego is bigger than your dick."

James rested his weight against the blind man’s back and rubbed his cock between the crack of his ass. "I’m still growing. Give me a year or two."

Shaking his head, Simon reached for the soap and turned around. "I think I better increase the amount of vitamins I’m taking."

James took the soap and lathered up Simon’s chest. "Oh yeah. You’re gonna need all the help you can get to keep up with me."

+++++++

"That’s the third shirt you’ve changed into. What’s going on?" Dawn watched her boss pace the small confines of her office. "I haven’t seen you this nervous in years." Pulling forward her day planner, she asked, "Did you schedule a meeting with a new sponsor and forget to tell me?"

Simon pulled on the collar of his shirt, unbuttoning and re-buttoning it several times. "James is bringing Stevie by today."

Dawn raised an eyebrow. "His little brother? You’re nervous about meeting a ten year old?"

Simon sat down on the edge of Dawn’s desk and rubbed his hands over his face. "James thinks the world of his younger brother. If Stevie doesn’t like me…."

Dawn reached forward and rested her hand on his knee. "If he doesn’t like you, so what? Do you think James is going to stop loving you if Stevie doesn’t give you the seal of approval?"

Simon sighed. "I know, I know. I’m overreacting. But dammit, Dawn. It sure wouldn’t hurt to have the kid’s approval." James’ yell had both he and Dawn staring at the doorway.

Dawn grinned at the sight of her boss breaking out in a sweat. Pinching him on the butt, she purred, "He’s herrrrrrrrrrre."

Simon slapped at her hand. "There went your Christmas bonus."

"I am so worried." Dawn leaned back in her chair and watched Simon readjust the collar on his shirt for the millionth time. Before she could again tease him, James burst through the doorway.

"Si!" The teenager insinuated himself between Simon’s thighs and silenced his greeting with an open mouth kiss.

"I’ve got work to do. Go suck face elsewhere." Dawn pushed Simon off her desk and with a grin, patted him on the back. "Good luck, sir."

Simon aimed a glare at her as he followed James out of the office. "Make sure you remind me how supportive you were the next time I sign your paycheck."

Dawn laughed as she closed the door.

+++++++

James pulled Simon through the kitchen. "Stevie’s outside playing fetch with Jeffrey." Stopping just short of the door, he unbuttoned Simon’s shirt, letting the garment hang open. "It’s fucking hot outside, Si. Don’t want you suffocating." Leaning forward, he licked Simon’s left nipple, causing the dark flesh to pucker into a tight bud. "Shit, I’d love nothing better than to drag you out to the pool and suck these sweet tits until the sun goes down."

Gritting his teeth, Simon eased James away. "Hold that thought, Tiger. We’ve got company, remember?"

"It’s only Stevie, Si." James slapped at Simon’s hands, preventing him from buttoning his shirt. "I ain’t gonna stop tasting your delectable bod just cause my little brother is hanging around now." He pressed a kiss to Simon’s glistening wet nipple. "You’re mine, Si and I love you. The sooner Stevie learns that, the better. In fact…." James gripped Simon’s hips and pulled him close. Latching onto the side of his lover’s neck with his mouth, he sucked hard for several seconds before letting go. "That’s better. Once he gets a look at that hickey on your neck, Stevie won’t have any doubts that you’re my man."

Simon rubbed the side of his neck and frowned. "I love wearing your mark, Tiger. But could we cool things down just a little while your brother is here. I don’t want him running home to your father with tales of our sexual exploits." Simon held up a hand to ward off James’ protest. "I’m not saying you can’t touch me or kiss me but I’d feel more comfortable if we kept the more intimate gestures behind closed doors. Stevie’s only ten, James. He’s too young to be witnessing some of our wilder moments."

James’ uncontrolled laughter brought a frown to Simon’s face. "What’s so funny?"

Glancing outside, James wiped the tears from his eyes. "Too young? You think Stevie’s too young? James groped Simon’s crotch. "Hell, Simon. I caught the little bastard masturbating the other night while watching one of my porn DVDs. Stevie’s no baby when it comes to sex, gay or straight."

Simon shook his head in disbelief. "Despite that, I’d still feel better if we toned down things while he’s here. Think you can do that for me, James?"

"It’s not necessary but if that’s what you want…" James wrapped his arms around Simon and ran his hands down to his ass. He squeezed the firm globes hard and when Simon gasped in response, James pushed his tongue deep inside his mouth. The need for air dictated the end of the hungry kiss and James leaned back, grinning at the dazed look on Simon’s face. Slipping his hands inside the waistband of Simon’s pants, he wickedly whispered, "You sure you want me to curb my wild ways?"

Moving away, Simon walked to the refrigerator and opened the freezer door. He stood there for a long time, allowing the frigid air to cool his overheated body. "James, please." Silence greeted his entreaty and, closing the door, he turned around slowly. "James?"

The return of his guide dog, along with the touch of a strange hand slapping him on his arm warned Simon that his guest had decided to come inside. "Stevie?" Simon reached out his hand to James’ brother. "I’m so glad to finally be meeting you."

Another moment of awkward silence passed before the boy spoke.

"Why don’t you go fuck somebody your own age and leave my brother alone?"

 

Chapter 9

Unsure of what he had just heard, Simon shook his head in confusion. "Excuse me?"

"I said… James is my brother and you can’t have him."

Simon stumbled backwards and sat down in one of the kitchen chairs. "I know James is your brother but…."

"Good. Then give him back."

Still confused, Simon reached for the reassuring presence of his guide dog, Jeffrey. "I’m sorry. What did you say?"

Stevie plopped down in a chair opposite the blind artist. "Are you deaf, too? I said give him back." He started swinging his legs back and forth, the tips of his tennis shoes grazing Simon’s legs. "He hardly comes home nowadays cause you always got him over here." Deliberately kicking the older man, Stevie’s voice wobbled slightly as he said, "I never get to see him anymore."

Simon reached out and touched Stevie on the knee. "James is free to come and go as he pleases. He stays here because he wants to, not because I make him."

"But he’s my brother. He should be at home with me!" Stevie jerked his knee away from Simon’s hand. "Dad gets real mad when James doesn’t come home."

Instantly concerned, Simon leaned forward. The boy’s words had thrown up a red flag and he wanted to make sure he understood. "What do you mean… your dad gets real mad?"

Stevie settled back in his chair and crossed his arms across his chest. "You know… gets mad."

Once again, Simon reached out, this time touching the boy on the arm.

"Ow!" Stevie pulled away.

Slowly removing his hand, Simon swallowed the bile that had risen in the back of his throat. "Does your dad hit you when he gets mad, Stevie?"

The ten year old slid off his chair and knelt beside the sleeping dog. "That’s a dumb question. Don’t all dads hit when they’re mad?" He laughed when Jeffery woke up and slobbered his face with a kiss. "You sure do ask a lot of questions."

Simon forced a smile. "I guess I do, but that’s…."

"Hey squirt! James yelled from the backdoor. "Sharrie and her daughter are down at the pool. Come meet ‘em."

"Okay, okay." Stevie stood and looked at Simon. "You gonna do like I said?"

Unsure of how to answer the boy, Simon hesitated. Before he could form a reply, Stevie spoke again.

"If you don’t let James come back home, I’m gonna tell Dad. He’ll make you do it." With that threat hanging in the air, Stevie ran from the kitchen.

Simon was still struggling with the boy’s last words when James slid his arms around his neck and started playing with his nipples. "You and Stevie getting along?"

Gripping the teen’s wandering hands, Simon held them still. "James, we need to talk."

James wrestled his hands free and rubbed then over Simon’s broad chest. "Later, Si. Sharrie’s got some ice cold lemonade and if I don’t haul my ass back down to the pool, Stevie’s gonna drink it all." He tugged on his lover’s collar. "Why don’t you slip into your swimming trunks and come join us?"

Turning his head to the side, Simon reached up with his hand and cupped the side of James’ face. He kissed him softly on the mouth, allowing the sweet warmth of James’ mouth to calm his anxiety. "I love you, Tiger," Simon whispered against his lips. "And I hope you know you can always come to me with your problems."

"Sure, Si." James pulled Simon off the chair and slapped him on the ass. "Go put your trunks on. I feel the need to get wet and wild with you in the pool."

"I’ll be there in a minute." Chuckling, Simon hugged the teenager. "Make sure you save some lemonade for me."

James pulled free and headed toward the back door. "One glass of frosty lemonade coming up."

As soon as James was gone, Simon quit smiling and, collecting Jeffery’s harness, went directly to his assistant’s office. Opening the door, he poked his head inside. "Whatever you’re doing, put it down. I need you to go change into your bathing suit and meet me at the pool in five minutes."

Dawn stared at her boss as if he had lost his mind. "I can’t go swimming right now, Simon. I’ve got tons of work to do."

Simon walked into the office and placed both of his hands on the desk. "Right now, your work is being my eyes. I need you down at the pool, Dawn. There’s something I need to check out." He passed a hand over the desk and located Dawn’s arm, touching it lightly. "Please do this for me."

Sensing the urgency, Dawn rose from her chair and squeezed Simon’s hand. "I’m on my way."

Simon followed her out of the office. "Sharrie and Chloe are already down there with James and Stevie. I’ll join you in a few minutes."

"Sharrie’s at the pool?" Dawn’s eyes lit up. "I hope I can keep my mind on your mission with her nearby. She just bought a new swimsuit and looks absolutely delicious in it." Dawn started unbuttoning her jacket. "Meet you at the pool, Simon," she called over her shoulder as she walked away.

Climbing the stairs to his bedroom, Simon shook his head and smiled. "I’m not sure who’s lustier… her or James?" He touched his neck, searching for the hickey James had given him. "Silly question." The sound of youthful laughter drifted through the open window of his bedroom and the smile on Simon’s face faded, replaced by a concerned frown. "I pray I misunderstood what Stevie said about his father. Cause if it’s true, James will go ballistic." With a sigh, he began to undress.

+++++++

Securing the neck tie of her bikini, Dawn crept up behind her mate and pressed a kiss to the back of her neck. "Want to share in a little afternoon delight," she whispered as she slid her hands across Sharrie’s ample bosom. "You look absolutely sexy in your new suit, my dear." Covertly tweaking one nipple, Dawn laughed softly. "And I’m sure you’ll look even sexier when I peel you out of it."

Sharrie lifted her face and kissed Dawn. "Behave, sweetness." She waved her hand at the pool. "There are innocent children present."

Dawn sat down on the lounge chair beside Sharrie’s and took her hand. Placing it on her bare midriff, she inelegantly snorted. "Stevie and Chloe, yes. James stopped being innocent the moment he found out he had a penis."

Sharrie laughed and tickled Dawn’s bellybutton. "What brings you out here? I thought you had a busy day?"

Dawn watched James bounce Chloe across the surface of the water. "Simon asked that I come down here. He wants me to see something."

"What do you mean?" Shading her eyes, Sharrie checked on the pool’s occupants.

Dawn intertwined her fingers with Sharrie’s. "I’m not sure exactly but he was pretty adamant about me getting here as fast as possible."

"Well… here’s your chance to find out why." Sharrie nodded her head at the approaching man and dog. "Afternoon, Simon. Glad you could join us."

Simon waved in the direction of the two women and smiled. A splash of water caught him by surprise as he walked by the pool.

"Be careful, Si. There’s a shark in these waters and he’s hungry for some juicy, black dick." James slithered a hand up Simon’s leg and over the front of his trunks.

Simon laughed and caught James’ hand before it could slip inside and touch him. "The shark can bite me later. Right now, all I want to do is stretch out and soak up some sun."

James hauled himself out of the pool and plastered his wet body against Simon. "Sure you don’t want to play with the shark?" He took the older man’s hand and placed it on his barely concealed manhood.

Simon raised an eyebrow. "Your swimsuit seems to be missing a great deal of material."

James turned and rubbed his bare ass against Simon’s groin. "Nope. It’s perfect for swimming and…" James lowered his voice. "… and for fucking."

Simon pushed James into the pool and laughed when the teenager came up sputtering. "We’ll test your theory at a later time." Repositioning his cock in full view of his lover, Simon licked his lips and turned away.

"You are just as bad as he is, Simon." Sharrie stood and helped the artist find his lawn chair. After handing him a glass of lemonade, she touched Dawn’s shoulder and with her permission, slid in behind her.

Simon took a swallow of the cold beverage and smiled. "I’ll take that as a compliment."

Wrapping her mate’s arms around her waist, Dawn tapped Simon on the shoulder. "What is it you wanted me to see?"

Simon’s face grew instantly serious. "Where’s James? Stevie?"

Dawn looked toward the pool. "They’re over at the diving board."

Simon sat forward, his sightless eyes searching helplessly. "I need for you to look at Stevie and tell me what you see."

Dawn shaded her eyes and examined their young guest. "I see a boy bugging the shit out of his brother."

"No, no." Frustrated, Simon ran a hand over his face. "Do you see any marks on his body? Any bruises?"

Dawn whipped her head around and stared at her boss. "What the hell do you mean… bruises?"

Simon ignored her question. "Do you see any bruises?"

Sharrie answered the blind man. "There’s not a mark on him, Simon."

"Are you sure? Are you absolutely sure?" Simon gripped the armrests of his chair.

Dawn shared a confused look with her lover. "He’s got a skinned knee but that’s about it, Simon." The redhead waited a minute before asking, "You want to tell me why you’re checking Stevie for bruises?"

Simon slammed his hand down, the force of the blow spilling half his lemonade. "That little bastard."

Dawn reached out a hand to her boss. "Talk to us, Simon. What’s going on?"

The black man sagged in his chair. "I can’t believe it. I can’t believe he lied to me."

Dawn turned sideways on her chair and grabbed Simon’s arm, shaking it. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Just a few minutes ago, Stevie insinuated his father was abusing him."

Dawn fell back against her lover. "You’re shitting me, right?"

Simon shook his head. "No. Hell, he even went as far as to pretend his arm was hurt. Yelled out when I touched him."

Sharrie quickly grabbed Dawn, preventing her from going after the lying boy. "Down, girl. Down." Turning her attention to Simon, she asked, "Why do you think he lied?"

"Pure and simple." Hanging his head, Simon sighed. "He wants his brother back."

"Wants him back?" With an apologetic kiss to her nape, Sharrie relaxed her hold on Dawn.

Simon held out his glass for a refill. "Stevie believes that I have stolen James from him… that I’m the one responsible for James not being at home every night. It’s almost as if he thinks I’ve kidnapped his brother." Simon smiled his thanks when Dawn returned his glass to him. "It also seems that James’ absence has not gone unnoticed and that his father is taking out his displeasure on Stevie." The black man frowned. "Obviously the displeasure is not in the form of physical abuse as the boy led me to believe."

"Do you think he’s telling the truth? About his father?" Dawn watched the ten year old launch himself off the diving board in a classic belly flop position.

Simon took a swallow of lemonade before answering. "I’m not sure. From the little that James has revealed and from what others have told me, William Ellison is a cold-hearted bastard that cares very little for his two sons. He’s a ruthless businessman and a strict disciplinarian. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to discover that he’s abusing Stevie in some form or fashion in order to make James toe the line."

"Does James know about this," Sharrie asked.

"Obviously, he doesn’t," Dawn answered. "James may be a lot of things, but no way in hell would he allow his father to hurt Stevie. In fact, if I were Mr. Ellison, I would be worried about the future of my physical well-being. I don’t doubt for a minute that James will inflict some major damage when he finds out."

Sharrie took a second to check on her daughter. She smiled at the sight of James playing water peek-a-boo with Chloe. "Maybe you could encourage James to spend a little more time at home… not sleep over here so often."

Leaning forward in his chair, Simon lifted his face to the sun and sighed. "Why does that sound easier said than done?"

+++++++

Simon opened the door to his studio and called out, "James?"

"In here, Si. Over by your worktable."

Simon made his way across the room, pausing here and there to run his fingers over sculptures he was working on. "What are you doing," he asked, wrapping his arms around the teen’s waist.

James rested his head against Simon’s shoulder. "Can you believe Stevie had the balls to say my dick is way smaller than the dick you sculpted on my statue? I said that was bullshit." He turned and kissed his lover’s neck. "It’s life size, right?"

Simon skimmed his hand over James’ crotch. "Well…."

"Si!"

The artist smiled as he unbuttoned James’ shorts and slipped his hand inside. "To be perfectly honest…."

James growled a warning. "Si…."

Simon’s grin grew larger. Slowly fisting the teen’s cock, he whispered, "If you really want the truth… yours is definitely… larger." He captured James’ husky groan with a kiss. "The only reason I didn’t make the statue life size was because I knew the public could not handle the true splendor of your magnificent manhood."

James laughed. "That’s the damn truth!" Easing his lover’s hand out of his shorts, he twisted around and pressed his erection against Simon. "After Stevie leaves, I suggest we resume this discussion upstairs. I’ll find a tape measure and we can verify my true dimensions."

Simon was just about to agree when the echo of two voices reverberated through his mind.

"… he’s my brother. He should be at home with me!"

"Maybe you could encourage James to spend a little more time at home… not sleep over here so often."

Swallowing the lump of misgivings in his throat, Simon smoothed his hands over James’ broad shoulders. "Umm… Tiger? Dawn’s about ready to take Stevie home. Maybe you should go with him; sleep in your own bed tonight."

James snapped back his head as if hit, Simon’s words wounding him to the core.

"What the hell do you mean… go home? You tired of fucking me already?"

 

Chapter 10

"What?" Simon stumbled back a step, shocked by the fury in James’ voice. He reached out and clutched the teen’s arms. "You don’t understand. Let me…."

"Go to hell, Si." James jerked free, his chest heaving as he struggled to control the startling pain in his heart. "Maybe I’m tired of fucking you."

"James!" Simon desperately tried to locate his lover, reaching out for him and finding only empty air. "James! Please don’t leave."

With his only thought to get as far away from Simon as possible, James ignored the husky plea and twisted away, his foot catching the leg of the table next to him, the force of the collision causing the statute resting on its base to unbalance and topple to the floor. He stared at the broken pieces for several seconds, his anger strangling into silence as he viewed the destruction of the sculpture created in his image. "Well… I guess that pretty much says it all," James whispered, his voice completely devoid of emotion. With one last glance at Simon, he turned and walked away.

The sound of James’ bare feet slapping against the floor stirred Simon to action and he moved to chase after his young lover. Failing to remember the floor was now littered with broken shards of razor sharp clay, Simon tripped and fell to his hands and knees, slashing his right palm on a jagged edge. He cursed his handicap as he struggled to his feet and slowly maneuvered around the mess next to his worktable. Ignoring the pain in his hand, Simon rushed out of his studio, arriving on the front porch just in time to hear Dawn’s car pulling away. He stumbled down the stairs and stood listening, the realization that he was too late slamming through him.

"Shit," he exclaimed as he sat down heavily on the bottom step of the porch. Clutching his bleeding hand against his chest, Simon heaped curse after curse upon the head of one Stevie Ellison.

+++++++

James slammed the car door shut and slumped down in the backseat, completely missing the gloating smile on his brother’s face. For a single moment he was tempted to turn around and look out the rear window but his pride prevented him. If Simon wanted a new ass to fuck then so be it. He sure as hell wasn’t going to sit around and watch him romance his replacement.

"Let’s get the hell out of here," he snapped.

Stevie wiggled around in his seatbelt and reached his hand out to his brother, tapping him on his knee. "Dad got me a new trailbike. Maybe we can go riding when we get home?"

James stared blindly at the passing scenery. "Yeah… whatever."

"And then we can work on that model airplane Dad brought back from Japan. I’ve been waiting for you to help me with it. And you know what? The new Jason movie just came out on DVD. If you want, we can watch it tonight."

Rubbing his hand over his chest, James closed his eyes and wearily leaned his head against the backseat. "Cut the chatter, Stevie. Okay?"

Stevie was quiet for all of one moment. "You know Sally’s making lasagna tonight. Yuck!" He made a face at his brother. "How ‘bout we ask her to grill some hamburgers instead. That way we could have burgers and fries while we’re watching the movie." Steve shook James’ knee. "Whadda ya say, James? Does that sound like a good idea?"

James snapped his eyes open and jerked his knee away from his younger brother’s hand. "What I say is… shut the fuck up. I don’t give a shit about supper and I sure as hell ain’t watching no damn movie." James met Dawn’s eyes in the rearview mirror and dared her to make a comment. "When I get home I’m going up to my room and you sure as hell better not bug me."

Stevie’s face took on a look of utter dejection and Dawn was almost tempted to gather the boy close and hug him. She watched him gnaw on his bottom lip for several seconds before flipping back around in his seat and crossing his arms across his chest. She was sure she had seen the threat of tears in his green eyes.

"All I wanted was for him to come home and spend some time with me," Stevie whispered to himself. Looking over his shoulder at James, he offered a hopeful smile. "It’ll be okay, James. You’ll see. Me and you. Like always."

James ignored his brother and slumped further down in his seat. "Yeah… it’ll be okay." Just as soon as my fucking heart stops hurting.

The two boys remained silent for the rest of the drive. As soon as Dawn brought the car to a stop, Stevie was out the door, screaming at the top of his lungs, informing Sally that James was finally home.

Dawn quickly slipped from beneath the wheel and grabbed James by the arm, preventing him from leaving. "What’s with this attitude? You almost had Stevie in tears."

"And what business is that of yours?" James pulled free but remained standing beside the redhead. "Why should you care about Stevie? You sure as hell don’t care about me?"

The urge to slap James into the next century nearly overwhelmed Dawn. "Who put a stick up your ass? Of course I care. Simon cares. We all…."

James whipped his head around and glared at her. "Yeah, right. Si really cares. I guess that’s why he shipped my ass out of there." He viciously kicked the tire of Dawn’s car. "But then, why should that surprise me? It’s not like I haven’t been dumped before. What’s one more time?"

Speechless, Dawn raised her hand, prepared to comfort the angry teen. Before she could touch him, her hand was caught and gripped tightly. Looking closely, Dawn witnessed another pair of Ellison eyes that were wet with tears. "James."

Looking away, James forced himself to speak, his voice low and husky. "I really thought it would be different this time. Si said he…."

"JIMMIE!" William Ellison stood in the doorway, beckoning to his son.

Dawn watched as James shut down emotionally, his young face hardening into a sarcastic mask of indifference. Once again, she reached out to the teen. "James, wait."

Dropping her hand, James turned toward the house. "Wait? Wait for what? Love?" He shook his head. "Fuck it all to hell, Dawn. It ain’t worth it." With a last look at her over his shoulder, he stomped away, brushing past his father without saying a word.

Dawn stood staring at the closed front door of the Ellison home for several moments. "I need to talk to Simon. Something is not quite right. Not right, whatsoever." Shaking her head in confusion, she climbed in her car and drove off.

+++++++

Simon was still sitting on the porch steps when Dawn arrived. Jeffrey was at his side, his head resting on the blind man’s knee. Simon had managed to wrap a handkerchief around his injured hand, the white square of linen stained with a large amount of blood. He didn’t acknowledge his assistant’s arrival, instead he continued to pet Jeffrey’s head distractedly, leaving streaks of crimson in the dog’s fur.

Dawn ran up the stairs and sat down by her boss. "Simon, I’m not sure what’s going on but I just dropped off a very confused and angry young man." She brushed back a stray strand of hair. "Did something happen between you and James?" Her attention was diverted when Jeffrey took off after a squirrel and she missed the wounded look that ghosted across Simon’s face.

"All I did was follow Sharrie’s advice and suggest he go home for the night." Sighing, Simon rubbed his face with his uninjured hand. "He completely misunderstood me."

"You got that right! James thinks you kicked him out for good." Dawn smiled as Jeffrey attempted to follow the squirrel up a tree. "I’m not trying to tell you how to handle James, Simon, but you have to remember he was abandoned by his mother and is totally ignored by his father. He might, just might have interpreted your suggestion as another form of rejection by someone he loves."

"I was only trying to make Stevie happy." Simon readjusted the bloody handkerchief. "Hell, Dawn. I love James. Why in the world would he think I was kicking him out?"

"Who knows what goes on in that boy’s mind? He’s so…." Dawn glanced down and finally caught sight of Simon’s hand. "Shit! Simon! What happened?" She took his hand and carefully removed the makeshift bandage, her face going white when she saw the gaping wound on the palm of his hand. "Dammit, Simon. What did you do to your hand?"

Simon hissed when Dawn gently probed the injured area with a finger. "It’s nothing. Just a little cut. James knocked over one of the statues as he was leaving and when I tried to follow, I tripped on some of the pieces and cut my hand."

"Just a little cut? You have got to be kidding?" Dawn tugged on Simon’s arm, forcing him to stand. "We have to get you to the Emergency Room. The wound is very deep, Simon. In fact, I think I see bone." The redhead shuddered as a wave of nausea threatened. "Come on, Simon. We need to get this hand looked at as soon as possible." She guided the tall man down the stairs. "I don’t even want to think what this is going to do to your career."

"I really don’t care." Whistling for his guide dog, Simon allowed himself to be maneuvered into Dawn’s car. "All I want is for James to come back. Nothing else matters."

+++++++

James wrapped his arms around his knees and stared out across the backyard. He had taken refuge in the abandoned treehouse he and Stevie had built several years ago. A noise from below distracted him from his thoughts and he looked down to find his father standing at the base of the giant oak, holding the cordless phone.

"Call for you, Jimmie."

James lowered the bucket Stevie had strung up for hauling things to the treehouse. He silently watched his dad place the phone inside and walk away. Giving several quick tugs, he brought the basket up and set it beside him.

"Yeah?" He tucked the cordless under his chin and resumed his contemplation of the shadows creeping across the yard. His eyes widened in surprise when he heard Dawn’s angry voice come over the line.

"You little shit! How could you run off and leave him like that?"

James’ own anger boiled over again. "Run off? I didn’t run off. Simon kicked me out."

"You selfish little prick. Simon sent you home for the night cause Stevie threatened to spill the beans to your dad."

"What the fuck?" James sat straight up and glared at the window to this brother’s bedroom. "You little bastard, I’m going to…."

"… and the surgeon said it might be months before Simon could sculpt again." Dawn’s voice grew louder. "This is all your fault! I don’t care what Simon says, I hold you completely responsible for this."

"What the hell are you talking about?" James gripped the phone so hard his knuckles turned white.

"Simon fell and cut his hand on that sculpture you knocked on the floor, you idiot. He slashed it wide open." Dawn’s voice turned away from the phone as she spoke to someone. "I’m coming. I need to talk to him before they take him to the OR."

"OR? Dawn! What the shit is going on?" James jumped up and moved toward the ladder. "Talk to me, dammit!"

"They’re taking Simon to surgery. Are you happy now, James? You crushed his heart and ended his career in one fell swoop."

James felt his own heart stop dead. "Si," he called out hoarsely.

Dawn ignored his cry and said, "Don’t call us, we’ll call you."

 

Chapter 11

"Where in the world did I put my catcher's mitt?" Stevie dropped to his knees and peered underneath his bed. "Ah ha! There you are!" Straightening out on his stomach, he shimmied back and forth until half his body had squeezed itself underneath the frame of his twin bed. "Come here, you stinking glove. I wanna play ball with James."

Steve had barely gotten his hand on his catcher's mitt when he was grabbed by the waistband of his jeans and jerked out from under the bed. "Hey! What's going on?"

"You little bastard!"

James flipped his younger brother over and, grabbing the front of his shirt, lifted him off the floor. "You fucking little bastard!" The teenager couldn't believe Stevie had blackmailed Simon with the threat of exposing their love to his father.

With his feet dangling off the floor, Stevie fought to loosen his brother's grip. "Have you gone nuts? Let go!"

James ignored Stevie's plea and lifted him higher in the air. "I should rip you to pieces. How dare you stick your snotty nose in my business?"

Stevie aimed a kick at James' midriff. "Put me down!" He tried again to kick his brother. "I'm gonna tell Dad!"

Those last words lit the fire of his anger and James saw red. He tossed the ten year old on the bed and, scrambling after him, straddled Stevie's lower body, holding him down by his shoulders, pushing him into the mattress. "You tell Dad anything and that'll be the last time you open your fucking mouth."

James shook the younger boy several times. "Leave Simon and me alone," he hissed. With Simon, James had finally found the love and acceptance he had hungered after for years. And now that he knew Simon wasn't kicking him out of his life, he wasn't about to let Stevie or his dad keep the two of them apart.

Stevie stuck his chin out in a show of bravado. "What if I don't? What if I tell Dad you're letting that old man fuck you?"

James raised his fist, his escalating anger at Stevie and his concern for Simon disintegrating his control. "I should just go ahead and beat the shit of you right now."

"Jimmie!"

William Ellison strode into the room and grabbed James by the arm, jerking him off the bed. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He stood over the fallen teenager, fury flashing in his eyes. "Don't you dare hit your brother."

"Why not?" James shot back. "I'd only be doing to him what you've done to me."

Speechless, William simply stared at his oldest son, his fists clenching and unclenching at his side. "Young man, you just earned yourself a two week grounding. No car, no…."

James scrambled to his feet, his anger replaced with worry. No car meant no way of getting to Simon. "You cannot take away my car!"

"Don't tell me what I can and cannot do." William took hold of James' arm. "Those keys better be in my hand in the next ten seconds or you'll know the real meaning of discipline."

The grip on his arm tightened painfully and James gritted his teeth to keep from making a sound. He would go to his grave before letting his father know how much he was hurting him. Ignoring the triumphant look on Stevie's face, he reluctantly dug in his pocket and pulled out the keys to his Cherokee Jeep, flinging them angrily at his father. Ripping his arm free, James glared at his brother and snarled, "This ain't over between us."

"It most certainly is over," William corrected. "You take your sorry ass back to your room and stay there. I don't want to see your face for the rest of this evening." He gave his son a shove toward the door. "And don't think I won't be checking on you while I'm gone to London. I'll be calling Sally every day to remind her you're grounded." Sitting down on the bed, he gathered Stevie close. "Keep acting like Mr. Tough Stuff and you'll be grounded for life," he yelled after his retreating son.

Silently cursing his father, James slammed shut the door to his room and threw himself on his bed. Grabbing his phone, he hit speed dial and waited impatiently for his buddy, Rafe, to answer the phone. "Hey, it's me. I need a favor," he said as soon as he heard Rafe's voice. "I need a lift into town. The old man just grounded me and took away my keys."

The teen dug under his mattress and pulled out a wrinkled copy of the magazine, American Artist. Flipping it open, he stared at a photograph of Simon, the man's wide smile reminding James of the moment Simon had confessed his love for him. "Come on, Rafe. You owe me." James rolled over on his back, clutching the magazine to his chest. "Stuff your cock back in your pants and tell Megan to take a breather." A whiney excuse filtered over the telephone line and James yelled, "Fuck you! Next time you need someone to cover your ass, don't come looking for me!" He clicked off the phone and threw it across the room, taking a small measure of delight when, upon hitting the wall, it broke into several pieces.

"Shit! I gotta get to Simon." James glanced out the window and watched as the sun sank lower and lower in the sky. "Maybe I can hitchhike to town." Flying off the bed, he rushed to lock his door before flipping on his CD player, making sure the volume wasn't too loud. He sure as hell didn't want his father coming upstairs because the music was blaring.

Opening his closet, he grabbed an extra pillow and bent to the task of creating a stuffed version of himself underneath the bedcovers. With a wry grin on his face, he patted his feather-filled twin. "I doubt even Simon would be fooled by this but…." At the mention of his lover's name, James took one last look around his room before opening and climbing out his window. "Hang on, Simon. I'm on my way!"

+++++++

Dawn followed the nurse into her boss' room, asking, "How is he doing?"

The short-haired brunette did a quick assessment of her patient before answering. "He's still pretty groggy due to the fact they had to heavily sedate him in Recovery Room. Seems he was quite agitated… kept calling out the name James while trying to get out of the bed."

Dawn kept her lips locked tight as she listened to the nurse.

"My name is Amy and I'll be taking care of Mr. Banks for the rest of the evening." She pointed to the cord attached to the bed's siderail. "That's the nurse call bell. I'll be in and out, checking on him several times during my shift, but if you should need anything in between those times, just buzz me."

Throwing her purse on a nearby couch, Dawn braced herself against the siderail and stroked the back of her hand across Simon's cheek, noting the coolness of his skin. "Do you think he'll be able to go home tomorrow?"

Smiling, Amy nodded her head. "If he remains without a temperature and has no problems with the wound on his hand, I see no reason why Dr. Jeffers shouldn't discharge Mr. Banks tomorrow morning when he makes rounds." She pointed again to the call bell. "Don't forget… if you need anything, just buzz me."

Dawn was so focused on Simon, she completely missed the nurse leaving the room. "I told you James was going to be trouble," she whispered as she lightly traced the dressing that covered the blind man's right hand. "He's broken your heart and put your career on hold indefinitely. I knew I should have shut the door in his face when he showed up that first day."

Pulling a chair next to the hospital bed, Dawn laid her hand on Simon's chest and watched as he wrestled against the affects of the anesthesia, twisting his head back and forth.

"James," Simon moaned softly, his voice hoarse, his words tinged with anguish. "Come… come back."

Dawn sank back in her chair and closed her eyes tight against the tears that threatened. "How many times, Simon? How many more times will you be able to survive a broken heart?"

+++++++

Emotionally exhausted, Dawn had just drifted to sleep when the door to Simon's room flew open. Sharrie stumbled inside, clutching the handle with one hand and frantically motioning to Dawn with the other.

"Down… downstairs. Emergency room."

Dawn rushed to her lady's side and assisted her to the nearest chair. Dropping to her knees, she wrapped her arms around Sharrie, holding her close, offering support. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

The older woman struggled to catch her breath as she collected Dawn's hands in a crushing grip. "Accident. Hit and run. I tried to…."

Her eyes going wide with fear, Dawn felt her heart skid to a halt. "Are you hurt? Where's Chloe? Is Chloe hurt? Is she down in the ER?" Dawn tugged on Sharrie's hands, forcing her to her feet. "Come on! We need to be with her."

Sharrie threw her arms around Dawn, preventing her from moving away. "Chloe's…." She took a deep, shuddering breath.

"It's James. He got hit by a garbage truck right outside the hospital."

 

Chapter 12

"I want to see him." Simon held his bandaged hand to his chest, the fingers of his uninjured hand tracing the edges of the gauze dressing.

Dawn propped a pillow behind her boss' back. "Simon, we don't even know if James has been taken to a room yet."

"I want to see him NOW!" Simon pulled free the pillow Dawn had just placed behind him and threw it on the floor. "What part of that sentence don't you understand?"

"I knew I shouldn't have allowed Sharrie to tell you about the accident," Dawn mumbled under her breath as she rescued the discarded pillow.

"And just what the hell does that mean," Simon bellowed.

Refusing to be intimidated, Dawn calmly replaced the pillow behind Simon's back. "It means you just had surgery two hours ago and you're still under the influence of anesthesia. You should NOT be traipsing around the hospital looking for James."

Simon caught Dawn's arm and pulled her close, their two faces mere inches from each other. "Either you help me find him or you can start writing out your resignation."

Dawn did not cave into her boss' threat. Instead, she briefly touched her forehead to Simon's before softly whispering, "I'm only trying to do what is best for you."

"Then get me to James so that I can see how he is." Simon sank back against his pillows, his sightless eyes pleading with his assistant. "Dawn, please. If it was Sharrie…."

The redhead's resistance crumbled at the sound of those last words. She slipped her hand into Simon's uninjured one and squeezed it tightly. "Okay, Sharrie and I will go down to the ER. But you have to promise me you'll stay right here in this room and rest. I don't want to come back and find you weaving down the hall with your ass hanging out for all the world to see."

Simon's smile was blinding. "Deal!" He lifted the younger woman's hand to his mouth and tenderly kissed it. "You're a good woman, Dawn. And your next paycheck will reflect just how much I appreciate all that you're doing for me and James."

"Bribery will get you nowhere if I see that gown of yours flapping around downstairs." Dawn smiled as she cupped the side of Simon's face. "Try and take a nap while we're gone."

Simon caught his assistant's hand again. "Tell James I love him and that I'll be with him as soon as I can."

"I'll do my best." Dawn pulled her hand free and turned to her mate. "Shall we go do a little investigating, my dear Watson?"

Sharrie slipped her arm around Dawn's waist. "Lead the way, Holmes."

+++++++

"You have no shame," Dawn said as she re-entered Simon's room an hour later. "I saw you flirting with that nurse, making goo-goo eyes at him and licking your lips like he was good enough to eat."

"It got the info we needed, didn't it? Besides…." Sharrie ran her hand over the curve of Dawn's behind. "… you know you're the only one I'm interest in eating and nibbling and licking. In fact, tonight I plan to…."

"Ladies!"

Both Sharrie and Dawn jumped at the sound of Simon's shout, guilty smiles spreading across their faces. "Sorry, Simon," they said in unison.

Dawn gave Sharrie a quick smooch before hurrying to her boss' side. Tucking the blanket around Simon's waist, she began her report. "James will be going to a room in about an hour. And you can thank Gypsy Rose there for arranging the room assignment. Seems that ER nurse likes 'em big and sassy. He nearly fell over himself trying to please her by having James placed in a room on this floor." Dawn paused to stick her tongue out at her mate, which was promptly greeted by a wicked grin and a proffered kiss.

"How is he?" Simon searched the covers for Dawn's hand. "How badly is James hurt?"

"Considering he got hit by a garbage truck, not that bad." With a sigh of relief, Dawn slipped her shoes off and took a seat beside Simon's bed, propping her tired feet on the edge of the mattress. She waved Sharrie over and had her sit next to Simon on the bed.

"His right leg is broken, along with several of his ribs. And he has a minor concussion which, along with his other injuries, will keep him in the hospital for a couple of days."

"Did you see his father?"

"Now that's what's strange." Sharrie joined the conversation. "My informant," she directed a grin at Dawn. "My informant told me James' father would not be coming to see his son. Instead, he spoke to the ER doc and informed him his housekeeper would be handling all the arrangements for James' care while he was out of the country."

"That goddamn bastard." Simon struggled to sit up. "I'm gonna kill him."

Sharrie placed her hand on Simon's chest. "Killing him is too good. I say we get a really dull knife and take his balls and…."

A knock sounded and the door to the artist's room opened, revealing the bespectacled face of the ER nurse Sharrie had flirted with earlier. He aimed a playful smile in the older woman's direction. "Thought I would stop by and let you know your friend was just moved into room 418." He winked at Sharrie. "I get off in about two hours. If you're not busy, I'd be more than happy to take you for a ride on my Harley."

Sharrie slid off Simon's bed and thoroughly kissed Dawn before looking over her shoulder at the male nurse. "Thanks, Jordy, but I think this sweet lady here would object if I took you up on your offer." Sharrie slipped her hand into Dawn's, the simple move showcasing their matching rings.

Jordy frowned for a second then shrugged his shoulders. "You have no idea what you're missing, babe." With that parting shot, he left the room.

"I know exactly what I'm missing." Sharrie stroked the back of her hand along the curve of Dawn's cheek. "Absolutely nothing."

"If you two are finished, I'd appreciate being taken to James' room."

The two women turned around and found Simon standing beside his bed struggling to put his robe on over his IV drip. They rushed to help him and, once he was properly dressed, they directed him out of the room and down the hallway. They were nearly at their destination when they heard James screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Get if off me. It hurts. It hurts!"

Simon tracked his lover's voice and crashed through the door to James' room. He was immediately followed by Dawn and Sharrie, the two women catching him before he tripped over the nurse kneeling on the floor trying to prevent James from ripping his cast off his leg.

"James." Simon attempted to twist free and get to the struggling teen.

James clapped his hands over his ears. "Stop it! Stop yelling at me."

Simon turned and gripped Dawn's arm. "Where is he? Show me where he is."

"Maybe we should come back later, Simon. I think now is not…."

James' screams increased in volume and Simon shoved Dawn forward. "I don't give a fuck what you think. Show me. NOW!"

Sharrie caught the redhead as she stumbled over a pile of torn ace wraps and a fallen IV pole. Easing Dawn aside, she carefully guided Simon past the nurse and placed his uninjured hand on James' shoulder. The frantic teen instantly went still and turned into the artist's touch.

"Simon," he whispered hoarsely, his arms circling the black man's legs.

Simon sank to his knees and hugged the trembling teen close. "It's going to be okay, Tiger. It's going to be okay."

 

Chapter 13

The sound of a soft whimper woke Simon and he lifted his head from where it lay resting on James' bed. He searched along the edge of the mattress for the boy's hand and squeezed it lightly as he whispered soothingly to him. "It's okay, Tiger. I'm here." James' hand grew restless in his grip and Simon softly kissed each knuckle. "I'm right here, James."

"Si?"

Simon shifted closer to the head of the bed so that he could cup the side of James' face with his uninjured hand. "Try and go back to sleep, Tiger."

"My chest hurts, Si." James turned his face into the comforting touch of Simon's hand. "Can they give me something for the pain?"

"The nurse just gave you some pain medication, James."

"Oh." James grimaced as he tried to move into a more comfortable position.

Simon slid his fingers over the teen's face and brushed several strands of hair away from his forehead. "It's been about thirty minutes since she gave the medicine. It should start kicking in any moment." Leaning away from the bed, Simon retrieved the small plastic drinking cup that sat on the bedside table. Before he could even offer the teen a sip of cool water, James sat straight up in bed and grabbed at him.

"Si! Don't leave me."

Startled, Simon dropped the cup. "I'm right here, James and I have no plans on leaving you."

James clutched his lover's bandaged hand to his chest. "Yeah, right. Like I believe that. Si, everyone leaves me. Eventually," he mumbled drowsily.

Simon felt his heart shatter with those softly spoken words. He leaned as close as possible to the teen and whispered in his ear. "I'm here as long as you want me, Tiger. And nobody, not even your dad, is going to make me go away."

+++++++

"Mr. Banks?"

Lifting his head, Simon turned in the direction of the softly spoken voice. "Yes?" A hand lightly touched his shoulder. "May I help you?"

"I hope you can."

Simon pushed his chair away from James' bed and stood up. "And you are?"

"Sally Wong. I work for Mr. William Ellison, his housekeeper actually. And at this moment, while he's overseas on business, I'm the person responsible for James and his brother."

Simon pinched the bridge of his nose as the hint of a headache made itself known, the pain starting behind his eyes. "How may I help you, Mrs. Wong?" Simon asked, not totally sure he wanted to know the answer. Had Stevie told his father about his and James' relationship and was this woman about to hand him his walking papers?

"Mind if I sit down? My feet are killing me."

Simon offered his chair, preferring to remain close to James in case the teenager woke up and needed him. Scratching the bandage tape that was beginning to irritate his skin, he waited until he heard Sally take a seat before asking, "I believe you hinted at needing my help?"

"I've spoken with the doctor and he assures me James will be able to go home tomorrow." Sally opened her purse and pulled out a white linen handkerchief, sighing as she wiped her face.

"And the problem is?" Simon searched for James' hand and held it tight. A frustrated sigh distracted him and he cautiously moved closer to where the housekeeper sat. "Is something wrong, Mrs. Wong?"

"I hate to ask you this, Mr. Banks but could James possibly stay with you after he's discharged?"

Totally taken back by the woman's request, Simon nearly missed what she said next. "… flew out this morning to join his father in London, leaving me behind to take care of James. Unfortunately, a family emergency has come up and I have to leave for Arizona as soon as possible." Sally gripped Simon's arm. "I know Mr. Ellison isn't happy about his son working for you but since James talks so highly of you and I really don't have anyone else I can ask to help me, will you please let James stay with you until his father returns?"

The grip on Simon's arm tightened and a note of desperation crept into the housekeeper's voice. "I feel awful about abandoning James but I really don't know what else to do. There's no family and James really doesn't have any close friends I could leave him with. I'm at my wits end, Mr. Banks. Please say you'll help me."

"You leave everything to me, Mrs. Wong. I'd be more than happy to look after James." Hearing the woman stand, Simon pulled out his wallet and gave her one of his business cards. "If you'll inform the doctor that you're turning his care over to me, I'll handle getting him discharged and make the arrangements for having him stay at my home. This is a phone number where you can reach me both day and night. Don't hesitate to call if you need to speak with James or myself." Simon was nearly smothered in a hug and he awkwardly patted Sally's shoulder.

"You have no idea how much I appreciate this, Mr. Banks. You're a life saver."

After being released, Simon took a step back and smiled as he listened to Sally whisper her goodbyes to the sleeping teenager. "Is there anything else I can help you with, Mrs. Wong? Arrange for an airplane ticket, a ride to the airport?"

"My sister has taken care of my ticket and Jonas, Mr. Ellison's chauffer, will drive me to the airport." The housekeeper shook Simon's hand enthusiastically. "Thank you again, Mr. Banks. You most certainly will have a spot reserved for you in heaven because of your generous heart."

Before the artist could respond, Sally was out the door, calling for the nurse. Shaking his head and silently thanking God for small miracles, Simon resumed his post beside James' bed and tangled his fingers in the youth's hair.

"Si?"

Simon reached for his chair and pulled it close to the bed again. "James? You're awake?"

"Kinda hard to sleep with the two of you yelling in my ear."

"We weren't yelling," Simon said as he sat down.

"Sounded like yelling to me." James rubbed his face with both hands before trying to sit up. "Shit!" he exclaimed when the sudden move jarred both his cracked ribs and his broken leg. "How long do I have to wear this fucking cast?"

"The doc said it would be at least three months." Simon rose from his seat and helped the teenager maneuver his leg. Slipping an extra pillow beneath the extremity, Simon remained standing and played with James' toes for a few seconds. "They tell me your cast is bright blue."

"Yeah. Damn thing'll probably glow in the dark." James reached behind his neck and untied his gown, grunting with pain as he stripped it off and tossed it across the room, his injured ribs protesting the angry discard of clothing.

"James?" Simon reached out and encountered bare skin. "Where's your gown?"

"It was scratching the hell out of me. Must've been ironed with ten tons of starch," the youth groused as he tugged on the binder that was wrapped around his chest.

An uncomfortable silence fell between the two and Simon waited for several minutes before speaking. "I take it you heard what Sally and I were discussing?"

"I heard." James picked at the sheets, slowly inching his fingers closer and closer to where Simon's bandaged hand rested on his bed. "Dad's gonna shit a house load of bricks when he finds out Sally left me with you."

"And why's that?"

"Dad's a first class racist. If you're not white and loaded with dough, you're not worth his time." James tentatively touched the edge of the gauze dressing that was on Simon's hand. "Si?"

"What is it, James?"

"I…."

From the way the teenager was stroking the top of his hand, Simon knew the boy was more than likely trying to apologize for his behavior the day before. Realizing how hard that task would be for James and not wanting to rush him in any way, Simon remained silent and kept his hand perfectly still.

"The other day, Si… when you… I mean when I… oh hell!" James lifted Simon's hand and turned it over carefully, staring at the hand as if willing it with his eyes to heal quickly. "I'm sorry for everything," the teen rushed out. "Sorry for breaking your statue, sorry you got hurt, sorry I ran instead of staying and listening to you." James touched one finger to a spot of old blood that stained the pristine white gauze. "Hell, Si, I'm sorry for being a fucking asshole."

"James, it's…."

James cut Simon off. "No! It's not okay. I acted like a spoiled brat." The teen took a deep breath. "You and me, we love each other but I forgot that. I let shit from my past make me think you were dumping me just like everyone else." James let go of Simon's hand and grabbed a pillow, hugging it to his chest like a shield. "Nobody sticks with me. Not my mom, not my dad, not even my friends. They get tired of me acting like a jerk and they leave. I don't mean to act like a jerk but sometimes I feel really messed up inside and I get all angry and it just comes out before I can stop it."

"It really hurt when you told me to go home." James buried his face in the pillow's softness. "After you let me spend those couple of nights with you, I was hoping you'd let me stay over all the time. It kinda blew my mind when you told me to go home. I didn't know Stevie had been jerking your chain, Si. All I knew was you didn't seem to want me anymore and I just got fucking mad."

Simon moved closer to James and stroked his hand down the teen's back. "I care so very much for you, Tiger. So much so I was willing to cave in to Stevie's threats in order to keep you safe from your father's anger." Bending down, he touched his lips to the nape of James' neck. "I would do anything, make any sacrifice if it meant your happiness and well-being."

James turned his head and gazed at the blind artist. "But Si, you're the one who makes me happy. Not my dad, not Stevie, you, Si. You make me feel good and I don't mean the good feelings that come from you fucking me. I mean good inside. In here." James tapped Simon on his chest and then on his forehead. "I don't feel so messed up inside when I'm with you. The anger just ain't there when you and me are together."

Simon closed the space between them and kissed James softly. "I never meant to hurt you, James. Forgive me?"

Ignoring the discomfort of his ribs, James shoved the pillow aside and wrapped his arms around Simon, pulling him as close as possible. "Nothing to forgive, Si. It's me and that little bastard, Stevie who should be sorry for hurting you. God, I'm gonna kill that brother of mine next time I get my hands on his scrawny neck."

"Forget about Stevie. We'll worry about him later." Simon nuzzled James' neck. "Are we okay with each other? Do you believe me when I say I want you with me all the time?"

James grinned and ran one hand down to Simon's crotch, chuckling when he felt the older man's body respond to his groping. "Oh, I can tell you definitely want me. In more ways than one."

Simon grabbed James' hand and pushed it away. "Tiger, I'm serious."

James captured Simon's face and kissed him hard. "We're okay, Si. One hundred percent okay." Moving his mouth to the blind man's ear, the teen whispered. "In fact, I'd be feeling so much more than okay if you'd go lock that door so that you can give me a blow job. Seeing you all mussed up has got me feeling hornier than hell."

Realizing James was, once again, trying to hide his emotions behind a show of sexual bravado, Simon tenderly embraced him. "I love you, Tiger."

James hid his face in the crook of Simon's neck and whispered hoarsely, "I… I love you, Si. More than you'll ever know."

Wishing to further reassure his young lover, Simon began to speak but stopped when his uninjured hand was caught and slapped down over James' naked groin.

"Now, how 'bout that blow job?"

Simon shook his head and laughed. "Boy!"

 

Chapter 14

"Si?"

"Hmmm?"

"Si, wake up. Gotta take a leak," James whispered urgently while elbowing his sleeping companion.

"Okay," Simon rumbled in reply, patting James on the thigh before rolling over and burying his face in his pillow.

"Si! I need ya to help me to the bathroom. My crutches are in the study." James swung his leg off the bed and grunted with pain when the heel of his cast hit the floor and jarred his fractured extremity. Glancing over his shoulder, he discovered his lover had fallen back to sleep. "Simon! Wake up!" James pinched the older man on the ass, following it with a hard slap just in case the message didn't get through.

"What? What?" Simon jerked straight up, balancing himself on his hands as he twisted his head back and forth in confusion. "What's wrong? James?"

James leaned back on one elbow and nipped Simon's bicep. "I gotta piss and my crutches are in the study."

Simon rolled out of the bed with a groan. "And just why are your crutches in the study?" Rubbing his hands over his beard-stubbled face, he made his way around the bed and assisted James to his feet.

"Somebody . . . " James looped his arm around Simon's neck. "And I ain't naming names but somebody with a Super Dick decided to play Tarzan last night and carry his Jungle Boy to bed, leaving said crutches behind."

A smile of remembrance slid across Simon's face as he helped his young lover into the bathroom. "Oh yeah. And how is my Jungle Boy this morning?" Simon wrapped his arms around James' chest, holding him steady in front of the toilet.

"Your Jungle Boy drank way too many Cokes last night. Gotta pee so bad, it hurts." James took his dick in hand and groaned in ecstasy when a steady stream of urine finally shot forth. "Damn that feels good."

"Need any help?" Simon slid his hands down James' side and rested them on his hips. "Want me to hold that bad boy for you?"

"Be my guest." James leaned his head against Simon's shoulder and sighed appreciatively when his lover's big hands stroked his inner thighs and cupped his balls for a few seconds before moving up to gather his dick in a gentle grip. Turning his head to the side, James nuzzled Simon's neck. "You are now the official Handler of the Great Dick. I shall require your assistance every time I take a leak."

"I am so honored." Simon captured James' grinning mouth in a kiss. "Maybe I should have that title emblazoned on a t-shirt and wear it every moment of every day."

"Sounds good to me." James wiggled his ass and laughed when something big and hard poked against his hole. "But before you rush out to do that, why don't you lube up Super Dick there and fuck me like there's no tomorrow." James fumbled for the container of orange-flavored LoveJam lubricant they kept in the medicine cabinet. Grabbing it clumsily, he handed the tube back to Simon, moaning appreciatively when large, slippery fingers prepped his ass. "If you do a good job I might just make you my official . . . oh yeah . . . push that big mother fucker in . . . I might just make you my official Dick of the Month." The teenager reared back his head and howled when Simon rammed his cock home.

"Boy!" Simon quickly gripped James' hips in an attempt to keep him from falling head first into the toilet. "Boy, I better be your Dick of a Lifetime."

James grabbed the towel rack that hung over the toilet and nearly ripped it out of the wall. "Yeah, yeah. Dick of a Lifetime. The one and only." Reaching down with one hand, he began jerking himself off. "You Tarzan, me Jungle Boy. Fuck me, Wild Man."

Wishing for the millionth time he could see his lover's face, Simon snapped his hips forward and groaned loudly when his body suddenly seized and his cock emptied itself inside James' ass. "Dear God! James!"

The teen let loose a Tarzan yell at the exact same moment he sprayed the wall and toilet with his release. Collapsing back against Simon, James struggled to breathe and laugh at the same time. "Babe, you can swing in my tree anytime," he finally managed to get out.

Easing his cock free of James' ass, Simon jostled the youth around so that he could sit on the side of the tub and rest his broken leg on the toilet seat. "Don't go anywhere," he instructed as he reached for the medicine cabinet.

Swiping a washcloth from the towel rack that was still, by some miracle, attached to the wall, James started in on cleanup detail. "Whatcha ya looking for Si?" he asked as he wiped the older man's genitals.

"Vitamins." The blind artist ran his fingers over the collection of bottles on the lower shelf of the medicine. "Where in the hell did Dawn put them?"

"Next to where we keep the lube, Si. I told her to put 'em there. That way every time we fuck in here, you'll remember to take some."

Locating the correct bottle, Simon popped a pill in his mouth and dry swallowed it. "The way we're going at it, I'll be overdosing on vitamins for sure."

James slapped the black ass that was not only pointing in his direction but also looked ripe for rimming. "Can I help it if it's just my leg that's broke and not my dick?"

Simon dropped his head and sighed dramatically. "How lucky can one man get?"

"Hey! I heard that!"

+++++++

"Dawn!"

The youthful bellow was followed by the boisterous ringing of a bell.

"DAWWWWNNN!"

The person, whose name was being hollered at such a level it was sure to break the sound barrier, dropped her head on her desk and pounded it against a stack of file folders. "He's injured. Remember, he's injured."

"DAWN!"

"If he doesn't quit that yelling, I'm going to break his other leg." Dawn lifted her head and pushed back wearily from her desk. Grabbing her coffee cup for a much needed refill of caffeine, she hurried down the hallway that led to Simon's private study. Their resident houseguest was sprawled lazily across the couch with his fractured leg propped up on several pillows. Dirty breakfast dishes were stacked on the coffee table with several empty juice cartons and torn power bar wrappers littering the floor.

"Of all days for Simon and Marta to be gone." Pasting on a friendly smile, Dawn entered the room and began picking up James' mess. "Last time I checked, your hands weren't injured in the accident." She indicated the trashcan sitting beside the couch. "Remember what this is?" She tossed an empty juice carton in James' lap. "Use it."

"I know what a damn trashcan is. And I have been using it." James squinted at the brass container and tossed the juice carton in its direction. He frowned when his throw went wide and the carton hit Dawn's shoe. "Sorry. Damn pain meds must be fucking with my sight."

"Right." Dawn retrieved the carton and tossed it in. "I have a million things to do today. What do you need?"

"My water jug's empty." James aimed his best smile at the slim redhead. "Can I get a refill?"

Dawn grabbed the bright purple insulated jug and stomped off to the kitchen, muttering along the way about the triple pay raise Simon was about to give her. A minute and several curses later, she reappeared and slammed the water container down on the coffee table. "If you don't mind, some of us have to actually work for a living." Dawn made it halfway down the hall before the sound of her name being yelled shook the rafters.

"DAWN!"

Strangling the expletives that rose to her lips, Dawn twirled around and re-entered the study. "Yes?" she asked through gritted teeth.

His gaze focused on the widescreen TV, James held his mug up in the air. "You forgot the ice."

Dawn glared at the teen's crutches and wondered how far up the ass she could . . . .

"And do you mind fixing me a snack?" James grinned at Simon's personal assistant. "I'm still a growing boy, you know."

"You won't be for long," Dawn mumbled under her breath as she took a step forward. A hand gripping her shoulder stopped her in her tracks.

"Good morning, love." Sharrie stepped into view and kissed Dawn on the cheek.

Hands clenched at her side, Dawn's lethal glare zeroed in on James as she returned the older woman's kiss. "Give me five minutes and then it'll be a good morning."

"Now, now." Sharrie shifted her chattering daughter from one hip to the other. "How 'bout if Chloe and I look after James until Simon returns? You go back to work and I'll come and check on you in an hour or so."

Dawn captured a bubble-blowing kiss from her adopted daughter. "You know, if we act quickly, we can have his body buried in the fish pond way before Simon gets home. I'm pretty sure there's a shovel and an old tarp in the gardener's shed out back. Maybe even some cement to weight him down."

Laughing at the murderous gleam in Dawn's eyes, Sharrie slid her arm around the smaller woman's waist and hugged her close. "Personally, I prefer the flower bed behind our house," she whispered in Dawn's ear. "Your tulips need a good dose of fertilizer and we both know James is full of shit. Win-win situation, if you ask me."

Dawn burst out in laughter. "I love it!" She wrapped her arms around her plump lover and kissed her long and hard. "Call me if you need anything. I have quite a collection of sharp knives in the bottom drawer of my desk." Collecting her forgotten coffee cup, Dawn threw a wave at the frowning teenager as she left the room laughing.

Sharrie watched the sexy sway of her partner's hips for a few seconds before walking toward the couch. "Here ya go." She bounced Chloe down on James' stomach. "I'll make you a deal. You watch Miss Wiggle Worm and I'll fix you a snack."

James grabbed the toddler by the waist. "Ham and cheese sandwich, please. With lots of mayo and mustard. And don't forget to slap a few slices of tomatoes on it," he instructed with a grin.

Sharrie bowed to the teenager. "Anything else, Master?"

"A beer?" James asked expectantly.

"In your dreams, hotshot."

Catching the kicking feet that were intent on making him a eunuch, James laughed. "Never hurts to ask."

Sharrie patted her daughter on the head before making her way down the hallway and into the spacious kitchen at the back of the house. Collecting the necessary items for making James' sandwich, she eyed the contents of Simon's well-stocked fridge. "Wonder what Dawn would like for supper tonight? There's that leftover vegetarian lasagna. Or . . . " Sharrie bumped the fridge door closed with her hip before dumping the armload of sandwich fixings on the counter. "The weatherman said it's going to be a lovely evening. Maybe we could fire up the grill and cook those steaks I bought on sale yesterday."

Humming to herself, Sharrie quickly put James' sandwich together, making sure she made it as messy as possible with extra mayo, mustard and tomatoes. Licking her fingers clean, she returned everything to the fridge, grabbed three bottles of water before allowing the door to swing close.

"Here you go, oh Great One," she said as she handed James his sandwich and one of the bottled waters.

James quickly took a large bite of his sandwich, smearing mayo and mustard all over his mouth as he attempted to chew and talk at the same time. "Mmmm, mmmm, good." Taking another bite, he waved his sandwich at Sharrie. "If I was you, I'd grill steaks tonight. Your woman seems to be in a meat-eating mood."

Sharrie nearly dropped the bottle of water she was emptying into her daughter's sippy cup. "What?"

Using one finger, James fed Chloe a dollop of mayo and laughed when the toddler hungrily smacked her lips and grabbed for his sandwich. "You were wondering what to cook for supper. I say, grill steaks. And if you throw a few extra on the grill, me and Si can come over and join you girls."

Sharrie looked at James as if he had grown an extra head. "You heard me?" Making a conscious effort to close her mouth, she glanced over her shoulder at the hallway that led to the kitchen, knowing full well that there was no way on earth James could have heard her talking to herself. "You heard what I said?"

"Sure." Feeding Chloe a piece of cheese, James shrugged as if it were nothing. "Steak or lasagna. Although, why anyone would choose vegetarian lasagna over steak is beyond me."

Sharrie stared at the teenager for several more seconds before shaking her head in confusion. "You keep an eye on Chloe. I need to go ask Dawn if it's okay for the two of you to come over tonight for supper." Handing over Chloe's sippy cup, the magazine editor couldn't help leaning closer to the teen so that she could check out his ears, making sure he wasn't wearing a device that would help him secretly listen in on people. Knowing just how mischievous James was, she wouldn't put it past him to do so. "Ummm . . . if you need us, just yell."

"No problemo." James used the hem of his t-shirt to wipe clean both his and Chloe's faces. "No hanky panky, you hear? Can't have you two lezzies busy sucking face when there's an injured man needing help."

The high school junior turned his full attention to the curly-haired toddler sitting on his stomach and handed her the sippy cup. "Now don't be making a mess. That step-witch mom of yours doesn't like messes." Shifting into a more comfortable position, James watched in amazement as Chloe drank every drop of water and then, with a naughty grin on her face, tossed the small plastic cup on the floor.

"Now you've gone and done it." Aiming a mock glare of disapproval at the toddler, James shook his finger at Chloe. "You do realize Dawn's gonna blame that on me. She's already on my case about throwing trash on the floor."

Sighing, the youth rubbed both hands over his face and scrubbed at his eyes. "Can you keep a secret?" He tucked his drowsy companion in the crook of his arm, settling her small body between him and the back of the couch. "You can't tell a soul but . . ." James looked around the room. "I think something's wrong with me. Something real serious. My hearing, my sight, the way things feel . . . hell, even my nose and taste buds. It's like none of my senses are working right or they work too damn good. That's how come I could hear your mom talking to herself."

James buried his face in the soft blonde curls that tickled his chin. "It scares me, Chloe. Scares me cause sometimes . . . sometimes when they're working overtime, I get lost, lost in whatever I'm looking at or listening to or tasting. One minute everything is normal and then . . . hell, I don't even know what then. It's like I get lost in no man's land."

"It hasn't happened that often but when it does . . . it scares the fucking shit out of me." James cocked his head to the side and peeked at the sleeping toddler. "Do you think I'm going crazy?" Receiving no answer, James tilted his head back and looked up at the ceiling. "Maybe I really did hurt something in my head when I got hit by that garbage truck."

Closing his eyes, the teen let himself be lulled to sleep by the sound of a heartbeat that only he could hear.

 

 

Chapter Fifteen

"Marvelous meal, ladies. Thanks for inviting us over." Simon leaned back in his lawn chair and unsnapped the button on the waistband of his slacks. A husky chuckle preceded the hand that slipped inside his loosened pants and stroked the underside of his belly.

"Looks like someone ate one too many pieces of pecan pie." James tilted his chair even closer to that of his lover's and licked clean the smear of whipped cream that clung to Simon's bottom lip. "Extra laps for you tonight in the pool. Don't want my He Man turning into a tubby chubby."

"Who ate three helpings of Sharrie's seasoned potatoes?" Simon caught James by the back of his neck and kissed him hard.

"Gotta keep up my strength, if you know what I mean." Chuckling, James returned the kiss, adding just enough tongue to make his older lover slightly breathless.

"Tell me again why I put up with you?" Simon asked as he reached for his glass of ice tea.

"No can do. It's a national secret."

'WRORF!'

"Sorry, old man," the teen said in apology to Jeffery, whose tail was almost flattened when James lowered his chair back down to the ground. Grabbing a piece of leftover steak from his plate, he tossed it to the yellow Lab and laughed when the guide dog came begging for more. "You're just like your master . . . a bottomless pit."

Redirecting his attention to the couple sitting across from him, James asked, "How'd the two of you lezzies hook up?" While waiting for an answer, James turned sideways in his chair and propped his broken leg on top of Simon's thighs. "Much better."

"Would you please quit calling us that?" Dawn reached across the patio table and collected her guests' dirty dishes. "The correct term is lesbians."

James replied with a mischievous grin and a loud snort. Ignoring the redhead staring daggers at him, he glanced over at Sharrie. "What in the world made you fall in love with Miss Sour Puss there?"

"I'll let you in on a secret." Sharrie watched the sexy sway of her partner's hips as she walked by on her way to the kitchen.

"What? What's the secret?" James followed the direction of Sharrie's gaze and rolled his eyes when he realized what she was looking at.

"Dawn's the best kisser I've ever had the privilege of locking lips with." The older woman laughed when James pretended to gag. "In fact, I bet she kisses as good, if not better, than Simon." She shared a grin with James as she called over her shoulder. "Dawn? Come give James a kiss. He doesn't believe you're the best kisser in town."

James tilted his head to the side and an astounded look came over his face. "Wow! Kissing ain't the only thing her mouth is good for. Didn't your momma tell you proper ladies don't cuss like that?" James caught the towel that was thrown at his head and tossed it right back at the woman now standing behind Sharrie. "Your momma would be shocked to hear some of the words that just came out of your mouth."

Dawn slid her arms around Sharrie's shoulders and kissed her on the cheek before looking across the table at James. "If my momma knew you, she would not only understand my need to cuss but would probably encourage me to do so."

James flipped Dawn the bird before returning to the subject at hand. "So, how did the two of you meet? At some lesbo club? A march for gay rights?"

Sharrie pulled Dawn down onto her lap and gave her a stern look before answering Simon's young lover. "Actually, we met right here. Remember, Simon?"

Simon nodded as he repositioned James' casted leg into a more comfortable position. "You had just launched your magazine and I was to be your first cover story, if I remember correctly."

Sharrie lifted a strand of Dawn's hair from her neck and pressed a kiss to the exposed skin. "That's right. I was told to wait in your studio and had just gotten off the phone . . . .

<><><><><><><><>

"I don't care whose pierced clit you're admiring, Marla. Drag your skinny ass out of bed, grab your camera and get over here as fast as you can. We can't afford to screw up this interview."

Alerted by Marta that Mr. Banks' two o'clock appointment had arrived, Dawn hurried out of the bathroom and made it to the studio's entrance just in time to hear the tail end of the woman's conversation. "Oh my!" she exclaimed as she entered the room and got her first look at the editor and owner of the newest lesbian journal, Women Who Dare.

Sharrie Davies was a few inches shorter and a good deal heavier than Dawn. Chestnut curls framed her round face, drawing attention to her amazing green eyes and full lips which, at that moment, were pulled downward in a frown. Dawn allowed her gaze to momentarily drop to the woman's generous bosom and she found herself blushing at the thoughts that rushed through her mind.

Clearing her throat, she took a step forward and introduced herself. "Ms. Davies, I'm Dawn Trently, Mr. Banks personal assistant."

"Call me Sharrie, please." Sharrie shook hands with the younger woman and took a moment to do some of her own looking. Feeling an instant attraction to the tall, willowy redhead, she offered a smile. "Sorry about that." Sharrie waved her cellphone in the air, indicating the conversation Dawn had overheard upon her arrival. "My ex-wife tends to get a little forgetful when she's in the throes of passion with her newest love interest."

"Ex-wife?" Dawn took another assessing glance at the woman strolling through Simon's studio and decided she definitely liked what she saw. Ms. Davies was, indeed, a little on the plump side but that didn't bother Dawn. She'd take curves over bones any day of the week. "Your ex-wife is your photographer?"

Sharrie tapped the bare ass on one of Simon's nude sculptures. "Yes. Marla's great with the camera and because our breakup was amicable, I saw no reason to fire her. Business is business." Sharrie looked up and captured Dawn's gaze. "And pleasure is pleasure."

Drawn to the older woman, Dawn moved closer and found herself suggestively stroking the opposite buttcheek of the sculpture Sharrie was contemplating. "Simon will join us in a few minutes. He's on the phone with his lawyer right now."

The two women maintained eye contact as they continued to stroke the nude sculpture, their fingers occasionally touching. Sharrie was the first to break the silence.

"Your employer seems to be fascinated with the male form, the naked male form to be exact. Is there a reason Mr. Banks doesn't sculpt women?"

The older woman's gaze made it quite plain to Dawn who she thought Simon should be sculpting next and the redhead felt the heat of embarrassment stain her cheeks again. Tearing her gaze away from the mesmerizing eyes of emerald green, she coughed nervously and answered, "Mr. Banks prefers men."

"In more ways than one." Sharrie shared a knowing smile with the attractive assistant. "It's quite unusual for an acknowledged gay artist to receive as much recognition and praise as Mr. Banks has garnered over the past year. As we both know, he is quite outspoken about his sexuality. Not to mention, an avid supporter and generous contributor to several well-known gay organizations, my publication included."

Sharrie moved to the largest of the sculptures on display in the studio. "Society normally doesn't welcome such notoriety, especially from the gay community. What makes your employer so special?"

Dawn took up a position directly behind Sharrie and indicated the sculpture in front of them. "Look at the naked emotions Simon has captured with this piece. The young boy's anger, his confusion, his desperation. They're all right there for you to see. On his face, in the way he's clinging to his injured lover. The emotions are so real, you almost find yourself stepping forward to help him with his fallen companion."

"And then there's this one." Dawn indicated a piece near the door. "Yes, it's a sculpture of two men kissing, but look at their faces. Can you see the wonder, the shyness? Without even being told, you just know they're sharing their first kiss. It's in the way they're looking at each other, in the way one is gently caressing the other's cheek." Dawn placed a reverent hand on the taller of the two sculpted men. "What I wouldn't give to be kissed like that."

Sharrie stepped forward and covered Dawn's hand with her own. "Maybe I could . . . . "

"Ms. Davies? Your daughter is in need of your attention."

Dawn felt an acute sense of loss when Sharrie removed her hand and she made no effort to contain her sigh of discontentment. Following the older woman, she was surprised to find Marta standing in the doorway of the studio, holding a toddler in her arms.

Offering her thanks, Sharrie took the child from the housekeeper and laughed as she tossed the curly-haired tot into the air. She plastered a kiss to the baby girl's diapered tummy before turning and introducing her to Dawn. "This wicked thing is Chloe, my daughter. She is my entire world and I never go anywhere without her."

Upon seeing Dawn, Chloe immediately thrust out her chubby arms and Dawn was helpless to resist the toddler's request. She hugged the child close and gasped when Chloe nuzzled her way inside Dawn's loose-fitting blouse and attempted to latch on to one of her unfettered breast.

"Seems my daughter has the right idea, if you ask me." Sharrie rescued Dawn from her hungry child and couldn't help but chuckle at the shocked look on the redhead's face. "Now, that is something I would love Mr. Banks to sculpt. My Chloe nursing at your breast. It would, indeed, be a work of art."

Dawn slipped her hand inside her blouse and pressed it against her chest. She had never before experienced such a strong attraction for another woman. The thought of doing exactly as Sharrie suggested left her breathless. "I . . . Me? A work of art?"

Both women were so caught up in each other, they completely missed Simon's arrival. The black artist appeared at Dawn's side and offered his hand to Sharrie.

"Well, Ms. Davies. If my assistant is agreeable, maybe we could make a private arrangement."

<><><><><><><><>

Sharrie smiled at the black artist sitting next to her and briefly touched his hand. "You still owe me that sculpture, Simon."

"Indeed, I do." Simon reached down and carefully picked up the child that was sleeping on a blanket beside Jeffery. "We may need to rethink the subject matter. I do believe this little one is beyond the nursing stage."

Sharrie wrapped her arms around Dawn's narrow waist and kissed her softly on the mouth. "I say let's stick with the original idea."

James leaned over and playfully tugged on Chloe's blonde curls. "Yeah, but Chloe's too old. You'd have to get a new . . . . " The teen eyed the suggestive way Sharrie was rubbing Dawn's tummy. "Oh for god's sake! Don't tell me you're . . . . " He gestured at Dawn. "You can't be serious. Red's way too old to be having a baby."

Sharrie shook her head adamantly. "Nonsense. Dawn is only 34 years old. Perfect age to bear our child." She winked up at her partner. "Find the right donor and we could give Chloe the perfect present on her next birthday . . . a little brother or sister. What do you think, my love?"

James grunted as he lifted his leg off of Simon and placed it on the ground. Grabbing up his crutches, he backed away from the table. "You're both certifiable nuts. Come on, Simon. I don't like the way those two are eyeing you."

James placed his hand over Simon's groin once the black man had relinquished his hold on the sleeping child and stood up. "This sperm is mine, ladies. And don't you forget it!" Unwilling to wait for his lover, James took off, moving as rapidly as his crutches would allow down the flower and shrubbery laden pathway that led back to Simon's house. He stopped beside the small pond that marked the halfway point between the two homes and waited for Simon to catch up with him.

"That was extremely rude of you, James," Simon commented the moment he arrived at his young lover's side. "You need to go back and apologize to Sharrie and Dawn."

"Yeah. I guess. Maybe." James stared at the reflection of the moon on the smooth surface of the pond. "It's just . . . . " The surly teen grew silent.

"It's just . . . what?" Simon leaned over and released Jeffery from his harness. "Your comments were totally uncalled for, that's what. Sharrie and Dawn have every right to bring a child into this world if they so desire."

"But not yours."

Simon almost didn't hear the teen's whispered reply. "I beg your pardon. Do you have a problem with me donating my sperm so that they may have a child together?"

"Yes!" James nearly shouted his answer. "I don't want you to do it."

Shaking his head in utter confusion, Simon reached out for his lover and managed to locate and grip James' shoulder. "Why? Why are you making such a big deal of this? It's not as if Sharrie and Dawn are actually making plans to have a child. It was just a random thought brought on by a memory from the past. A past, I might add, that was dredged up by you." Simon tightened his grip on James' shoulder and shook him slightly. "What's got into you, Tiger? Why are you so against me having a child with those two wonderful ladies?"

James shrugged off Simon's hand and hobbled a short distance away from him.

Unable to follow, Simon tucked his hands inside the pockets of his slacks and called after his lover. "James? What's wrong?" The teen's refusal to speak tested Simon's waning patience. "James! Answer me!"

"You'll dump me, that's why!" James yelled, nearly tumbling to the ground when he whipped around on his good leg to face Simon. "You'll get all chummy with them and the baby and, next thing I know, I'll be out on my ass because you're too busy with your new son or daughter." James fought for control, clenching the handgrips on his crutches so tight his knuckles turned white. "It'll be just like it was when Stevie was born. I ceased to exist the moment Dad saw him. Stevie was the perfect Ellison offspring, Dad liked to say all the time. Meaning I wasn't. And when I started screwing up because of my . . . ."

James bit off his last words. "Do what you want, Simon. What the fuck do I care. Ain't like I haven't been down this road before."

Simon lunged in the direction of James' voice and captured the silent teen with his arms. Ignoring the pain in his injured hand, he held James tight, refusing to allow him to escape. "God knows you should understand this by now, but maybe you don't because I haven't said it enough for you to really believe it." Simon knocked James' crutches to the ground, making the teen dependent on him for support. "I love you, James Joseph Ellison. And NOTHING AND NO ONE is going to change that. I will not throw you out on your ass if, by some unforeseen miracle, Sharrie and Dawn do decide to include me in their plans to have a baby."

Simon pulled James into a rib-crushing embrace. "Don't you understand the baby would be theirs, not mine? Yes, I would be the biological father and would, with their permission, offer my financial support to the child. But that's it." Simon carded his fingers through James' hair as he tucked the teen's head beneath his chin. "I realize we've never discussed the subject of children and mainly that's because there's never been a need to do so. My agenda for the future does not include children. It never has."

Simon caught James' chin with a finger and, upon coaxing him to lift his head, kissed the teen soundly. "My agenda does, in case you're wondering, include you. And as far as I'm concerned, that's enough for me."

The hint of a grin touched Simon's mouth. "Unless, of course, you want to have a baby with Sharrie and Dawn. If that's so, I may have to rethink my plans for the future." The artist rubbed his chin in a thoughtful manner. "I guess with you being a first-time father at such a young age, I could be the child's . . . hmmm . . . grandparent?"

James lightly punched his lover in the stomach before sucking the breath out of him with a heart-stopping kiss. "Okay, I get the picture. I'm an idiot. I over-reacted. It's just that . . . . " James twisted around and propped his back against Simon's chest while encouraging the older man to hold him closer. "I don't want to share you with anyone, Simon. Not right now, at least. You're the one good thing in my life and I don't want anything, or should I say anyone to jeopardize that. Sounds selfish, I know but that's how I feel."

Sliding his hands down the length of James' thighs, Simon nuzzled his lover's neck and whispered, "You can be as selfish as you want, Tiger. With one condition, though."

James caught one of Simon's hands and slipped it under his shirt, groaning softly when the man's talented fingers pinched both his nipples. "Condition? What condition?"

Simon slipped his injured hand inside the front of James' jeans, allowing it to savor the heat of the youth's body. "That you allow me to be just as selfish. I don't want to share you with anyone either, James."

"Don't think you have to worry about that, babe." James clasped his hands behind Simon's neck and nipped at the dark skin covering his throat. "I'm all yours, now and forever."

Remaining silent, Simon tightened his hold on James and, once again, pushed all his doubts concerning their future to the farthest corners of his mind.

End of chapter 15

angelise7@hotmail.com