A Fool And His Money

By BlueSky aka Desidera21

Email: Desidera21@aol.com

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: PG

Summary: Poker with the guys.

Response to the Fool and His Money 5 minute challenge and the If you want it, here it is...... opening line challenge

 

A Fool And His Money

By BlueSky


"If you want it, here it is......

Damn. The kid never knew just when to start pushing, or stop pushing. And this was not the right time to start to push Simon or him self.

Blair sat back, a shit eating grin on his face, flushed with one too many of the lethal brew that Conner had contributed to the card game. Fanning himself slightly carefully with his hand of cards.

Damn. He was not bluffing. Jim saw reflection in the slight sheen of sweat on his partner’s face and his glasses. Full house. King, Queen, Jack, 10, and a card he just could not see, tucked under the near full flush.

Simon carefully did not look at either Jim or Blair, "Hit me Conner, two cards"

"A fool and his money are soon saying bye bye" Blair tilted his chair forward back onto 4 feet, as he tilted the rest of his brew down his open mouth, draining the last tasty drop, his throat convulsing as he swallowed. Helpless, Jim watched, the snake like movement of the strong muscles sliding over his voice box, sweat gathering in the hollow in his....

"Jim? Are you in or out?" Conner was the one to break his zone. Rafe looked up from his cards, momentarily distracted from his hand, and the new system that he was trying out.

"I'm in." He tossed the required chips into the growing pile.

"I'm out." Brown tossed his cards down, a wry look on his face.

"Rafe?" Conner tossed her chips in when he shook his head and put his cards down.

"Down to us brave men or fools 4. No offense Conner" Simon shifted his cigar in his mouth, He shifted the card into a order that suited him better.

"Read them and weep." Blair laid down his Royal flush, Ace high. and made to scoop the pile into his side of the table.

"Two Jacks, 3 aces." He paused for a moment. "Wait. Jacks are wild. I think that means that I have 5 aces."

Jim scooped the pile into his stack, order the red blue and white chips in to neat stacks, as every one broke into laughter at the shock and betrayal on Blair's face."

"A fool and his Money, Chief"

END