With Your Shield Or On It

By Rickey

rickey@slashcity.net

Fandom: Seaquest

Pairing: Tim/Brody

Rating: NC-17

Disclaimer: Standard not for profit fan fiction disclaimers apply.

Summary: If you could go back and undo what time had done, would you? What if it meant risking your own life or that of a friend?



With Your Shield Or On It
By Rickey
-------------------------------


Tim was dreaming again. Actually, it was more of a nightmare. Every night in the month since Brody's death, Tim would relive the horror of watching his lover be shot during their escape from Lonnie's execution.

He tossed and turned on his sweat-covered sheets as he witnessed Jim's blood ooze across the minisub floor. Tim woke with a jolt. A new and strange thought entered his tortured dreams tonight, "Why not go back?"

It was three in the morning when he knocked on Lucas' door. After several minutes of ignoring the persistent knocking, Lucas finally opened the door and let Tim in.

"This had better be important," Lucas said rubbing his eyes.

If it had been anyone else banging on his door for non-military reasons, he would have told them to go to hell and find him in the morning. But this was Tim, his closest friend on SeaQuest, the only person who seemed to share in his misery over SeaQuest's fate. Besides Darwin, Tim was the only ember of the crew he could commiserate with over what had become of them and the loss Captain Bridger.

Tim waited for Lucas to sit down on his bed and then sat in the desk chair. "We can go back. You have to help me," Tim stated quietly.

Lucas was clueless. "What are you talking about?"

"We can save Jim, " Tim answered as if the simple sentence would clear up everything. His mind was racing. He couldn't get it to slow down enough to explain to Lucas the outrageous thoughts he had been having.

"Jim who?"

"Brody," Tim answered, choking back his raw emotions.

Lucas tried to read Tim's face. He could see the sorrow and that Tim was serious. Brody had died a month ago. How could they... then it hit him.

Tim saw the recognition in Lucas' eyes. He urged that brilliant mind to think about it. "Who's to say we can't go back and stop Jim from getting shot."

"It may have been a fluke," Lucas said, referring to the previous day's mission that included traveling back in time to avert an alternative ending to the Cuban missile crisis.

"You could make the calculations. SeaQuest will be back near the Macronesia border tomorrow night. We could create a rift and prevent Jim's death."

"Even if it could work, and that's a big 'if', Hudson isn't going to let us risk SeaQuest to save one person."

"Fuck Hudson. We take a shuttle. The shuttles were armed with laser weapons after the Spindrift incident."

"What about the chain of events since his death?"

"Brody shouldn't have died. He didn't need to die," Tim pleaded with Lucas.

"Of course he didn't need to die, but Tim, think about it. Let's say we manage to go back. Then what? How do you change what happened in Macronesia?"

Tim thought quietly for a moment, and then answered, "We can't, but we can keep Lonnie from ever getting captured."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later, Lucas and Tim scheduled themselves to conduct a weapons system test on shuttle MR3. Lucas had performed the calculations necessary for them to go back to the day that Lonnie had made that fateful supply run.

Just as they had done to avert the Cuban missile crisis a few days before, they were able to generate the rift in time. As Tim steered the shuttle into the rift he turned to Lucas and said, "I think it's working."

"Let's hope so," Lucas answered with just the slightest hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Tim held his breath a minute or so and then checked the local date and time through the shuttle's satellite uplink. They had done it. Now there was just the small matter of rewriting history.

Back on the SeaQuest, the bridge crew continuously tried to contact the shuttle to no avail. Commander Ford had the portentous job of having to report the shuttle's disappearance to Captain Hudson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas and Tim arrived at the neutral port of Sri Lanka, just outside of Macronesian territory. The UEO had negotiated to set up a secure harbor to the east end of the Island. They navigated the shuttle to the main harbor five miles away and took at cab to the UEO docks.

They passed through security without any hassle, no guard would even blink at two SeaQuest officers entering the UEO harbor. From their knowledge of the logs, Lonnie's shuttle was right where they expected it to be. Checking the time, they had a little over and hour to sabotage the shuttle's computer system and get out before Lonnie returned from her supply run.

Lucas went to work while Tim stood guard. After about forty minutes, Tim saw Lonnie's rented supply truck come through the main gate. He yelled to Lucas inside, "Lucas, she's pulling up."

"Shit, I need a few more minutes," Lucas yelled back.

"You don't have it."

They had hoped they could have crashed the system and be gone before Lonnie returned. Now Tim would have to stall her as well as come up with an explanation as to why they were there.

Tim walked over to the truck and met up with Lonnie as she opened the back.

"Hey Tim, what are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd give you a hand," Tim said, trying his best to sound nonchalant.

"I mean 'here'. I thought you were on duty," she said, handing him a large box of spare parts.

"Oh... Lucas and I were given a 24 hour pass, so we thought we'd take a day trip." Tim thought that he'd sounded idiotic and that there was no way she'd buy it.

"Well its great to have the help. I can't believe Hudson wouldn't send anyone with me."

They carried the boxes onto the shuttle and Lucas met them in the cargo hold.

"Hi," Lucas said with an odd look on his face, attempting to read the situation.

"Hi," Lonnie answered casually.

Tim clued Lucas in, "I told Lonnie that we came to give her a hand."

"Yeah, What can I help with?" Lucas asked.

"There's a lot more boxes on the truck," Lonnie answered.

As they headed back out, Tim remembered the last time he spoke to Lonnie just before her capture. Hoping to stall her further, he questioned her, "Did you get everything?"

"Yea, it took a while, but I found everything on the list."

"Even the back?" Tim asked knowingly.

"The back?"

"Yea, I always write on the back to save trees." It was déjà vu for Tim.

Lonnie pulled the list from her pocket, opened it up and then flipped it over. "Shit."

"We've got time. I can help you get the rest," Tim offered.

An hour later Tim returned with Lonnie and the rest of the supplies on the list. That gave Lucas just enough time to crash the shuttles navigation system and make it look like a motherboard failure. After they packed up the shuttle they hung around while Lonnie tried to fire it up to no avail. Lucas made a most convincing show of trying to troubleshoot the problem. After a half hour of playing around, he threw his hands in the air and told Lonnie that they would have to replace the main board. They had now delayed Lonnie over an hour past her intercept with the Spindrift vessel. But even better, when they contacted the UEO supply officer, he told them the soonest he could get the board for Lonnie would be the next morning.

The only problem being they had exposed themselves to Lonnie and needed to keep people from realizing that they were in two places at the same time. Lonnie was about to call Ford on her PAL to explain why she would need to spend the night in port.

"Don't mention we're here," Tim asked her trying to be cool about it.

"Why not?" Lonnie asked, one eyebrow raised.

Tim was a horrible liar, but he hung in there by saying, "We're not exactly supposed to be here."

Lying came more naturally to Lucas. "Come on Lonnie, It's not like you've never snuck out without a pass. We are off-duty, just not off off-duty." Lucas flashed Lonnie a smile and slightly rolled his baby blues.

Lonnie rolled her eyes back at Lucas, "Oh all right." She called Ford and made no mention of Lucas and Tim. Jonathan was disappointed that he had bridge duty all night and couldn't join her. He told her that he'd send Brody back out in the morning to meet her.

Tim and Lucas were both feeling that they had completed their mission, but just to play it safe, they decided to stick around the night and keep an eye on Lonnie. They found a small local hotel at the beach and figured a few drinks at the bar would do them good.

The bar was on the adjacent beach to the hotel under a large tent. At the far end of the tent, stood a stage for the band and an area for dancing. There was a large number of tables that sat around 200 people. Being a very popular vacation spot, the place was almost filled to capacity, when Lonnie, Tim and Lucas arrived. They found a small table in the back. After a few minutes, they realized they'd never get one of the few waitresses to take their order so Lonnie offered to go to the bar to pick up the first round.

"What are we drinking boys?" Lonnie asked, almost having to yell above the music and crowd noise.

"We'd better stick with beer, we have to get back to the SeaQuest pretty early," answered Lucas.

Lonnie giggled, "Before you get caught."

"Something like that," said Lucas smiling. When he looked over at Tim, all he could see was how nervous he was. Luckily Lonnie headed off to the bar without noticing the fearful look on Tim's face.

"Relax Tim, we did it," Lucas offered with a smile and a small pat on the back.

"I'll relax when we're back to SeaQuest in our own time and we find Lonnie and Brody safe and soun" Tim's voice trailed off as he stared off into the distance.

Lucas searched the direction of Tim's gaze to figure out what had made his mouth drop in awe. After a few seconds he caught why Tim had become stunned into silence. Brody was at the tent entrance looking around the bar.

"He's probably here to meet Lonnie," Lucas spoke in Tim's ear.

Tim gulped with difficulty before finally speaking, almost under his breath, "He's alive."

Lucas guessed that the impact of seeing their previously deceased friend had Tim spooked. He didn't observe the wild range of emotions that were overtaking Tim's body and mind at that moment.

They watched as Brody began to walk toward the back of the bar. He was still scanning the crowd for Lonnie.

"How are we gonna explain what we're doing here to him? We were most likely on the bridge when he left," Lucas continued despite the fact the Tim did not appear to be listening to him. "Maybe we should leave before he gets here. Maybe Lonnie won't say anything."

Standing up, Tim answered, "No I'll handle this."

Lucas watched as Tim intercepted Brody near the front of the bar, but was interrupted by Lonnie returning with a pitcher of beer.

As soon as he recognized Tim, Brody stopped short with an extremely confused look on his face.

Ignoring his swelling fear and excitement, Tim acted swiftly; he grabbed Brody by the arm and escorted him to the exit. "Come with me. I'll explain everything."

Brody followed Tim out of the tent. When they reached a small alley behind the hotel, Tim stopped to make sure no one else was around.

"Jim, listen to me carefully," Tim began to speak, but was cut off.

Brody looked him square in the eye and asked, "Who are you?"

"It's me, Tim."

In one fluid motion, Brody pulled his side arm out from its holster pushed it under Tim's chin. "I don't think so. I left Tim O'Neill on SeaQuest one hour ago. You may look like him, but you're not him."

"I am me." Tim was now sweating profusely. It wasn't the gun that made him nervous, but the proximity of Brody's body. The heat and scent of him penetrated every pore in Tim's skin. It took every ounce of strength to remain composed.

"Bullshit," Brody pressed the gun harder into Tim's flesh.

"I can prove it."

"Oh yeah?" Jim asked with disbelief.

"If I weren't me, would I do this?" Tim ignored the gun at his throat and leaned forward and pressed his lips to Brody's. He opened Brody's lips with his own and forced the kiss between them.

Acting solely on instinct, Brody lowered his weapon and allowed the kiss to progress. It was warm and passionate. It was his Tim. After a few moments, Tim pulled away. There was a slight trace of tears welling in his eyes. "See."

"How?" Brody stared at him in utter confusion.

"Jim, I can't tell you. You just have to trust me."

"What are you talking about?"

Tim took a deep breath, "I need you to go in there, sit down with Lonnie, Lucas and me, and act like nothing is wrong."

"You need to tell me how you got here before I did."

Tim's throat tightened, "I can't."

"Tim, I thought there were no secrets between us."

"I can't," Tim whispered as he shook his head 'no'.

"Don't you trust me?" Brody asked, forcing the issue.

"I do, I just can't."

Brody stared deeply into Tim's eyes.

Tim could feel the adrenalin pumping. He had missed Brody so much since his death. Now here he was alive right in front of him. The emotions were overwhelming. He caught his breath and decided to tell Brody the truth, at least part of it.

"Remember when SeaQuest traveled to the future?"

"Yeah?" Brody wondered where this answer could be headed.

"Well we figured out how to travel back in time as well."

"You're from the future?" Brody asked almost not believing.

"Only a few months. Lucas and I are on a mission."

"What kind of mission?"

"I can't tell you that. It could jeopardize everything," Tim answered diverting his eyes from his lover.

Brody could see the fear in Tim's face. "O.K., I'll play along."

Smiling in relief, Tim reached out to hug Brody. After a good minute, Tim whispered in Brody's ear, "Thank you."

They took a few seconds to compose themselves before heading back to the tent to join Lonnie and Lucas for a few drinks. Jim explained to them, how he had already left to try and catch up with Lonnie before she had called Ford. When the Commander realized that he was already halfway there, he told him to stay the night and escort the shuttle first thing in the morning.

Soon the conversation found its way to SeaQuest gossip, the latest sports news and the recipe for the perfect Mai Tai.

Tim found the socializing excruciating while Lucas seemed to enjoy it. In Lucas' mind, they had succeeded he allowed himself to have a little fun. He relished the idea that he had several months of knowledge ahead of his crewmates and enjoyed the part of playing god. On the other hand, Tim remained relatively quiet and felt an ominous cloud looming above them.

A few drinks and casual conversation later, they made their way to their rooms for the night, Lonnie to hers, Brody to his, and Lucas and Tim to theirs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the hotel room, Lucas noticed every time looked over, Tim was staring at the clock. It finally dawned on him that Tim was waiting for him to go to sleep. Lucas studied Tim's face and thought about Tim's behavior the past few days. He thought about Tim's desperation to go back and change the past. He remembered Tim's reaction to seeing Brody in the bar. He replayed the looks that the two had for each other. Why hadn't he made the connection before? "You're in love with Brody, aren't you?" Lucas blurted out.

"What?" Tim said, trying to act surprised.

"I can't believe I didn't see it. It all makes sense now. That's how you were able to keep Brody quiet."

"Lucas, I'm sure I don't know what you mean."

"Tim," Lucas looked at him flatly, "you're a horrible liar. Which, of course, makes it even more amazing that you and Brody have managed to keep it a secret. The fact that it's almost unbelievable is probably the only reason the whole ship doesn't know. Don't get me wrong, I think it's fine the two of you together. It's just a surprise, that's all."

"Lucas, whatever it is you're thinking, it's not what you think," Tim said in an attempt to play it off.

"Oh yes it is. That's why you keep staring at the clock, and you're waiting for me to go to bed. You want to go to him." Lucas stopped rattling off his mouth for a moment and became sympathetic to Tim's situation. He realized how difficult it must be for him. "Tim, we kept Lonnie from being captured. We changed history. Brody's alive and when we go back tomorrow morning he'll still be alive."

Tim turned away to hide the fear he knew was written all over his face.

"Tim, it's OK. I think it's really brave that you wanted to go back and save him. Seriously, how long have you two been together?"

Tim kept his back to Lucas' prying question.

"Tim, I swear I won't tell anyone. I know how to keep a secret. How long?"

"Since we came back from Hyperion." Tim answered matter of fact, still not turning to face his friend.

Lucas sat stunned for a moment. It was true. "You should go to him. Just be back by O-six-hundred."

Finally, Tim turned to face Lucas. He looked deeply into his eyes with an air of gratitude. He was thankful that Lucas was letting him go without prying much further and he was more thankful that Lucas was helping him to change history. Tim left without saying anything else and headed to Brody's room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just after midnight, Brody opened the door in only his boxer shorts without asking who was there. He knew who it was. Tim entered without speaking and closed the door behind him. No words were necessary.

Tentatively, Tim placed the palm of his hand over the left side of Brody's chest. He could feel the heartbeat through the firm muscle. Everything felt like a dream only it was real. James Brody was alive and stood there half-naked in front of him.

"Tim, what is it?" Brody inquired about Tim's long pause.

"A little strange, that's all," Tim answered, trying to conceal the loss he still felt.

"Yeah, a little kinky," Brody smiled wide with a twinkle in his eye.

"Huh?"

"It's almost like cheating. My Tim is back on the boat."

Tim gave into an exhausted smile, "I am your Tim."

With that said, Tim leaned into Brody's strong body and held him tight. The embrace quickly turned passionate, as Brody began to kiss the side of Tim's face, then his chin and his neck.

Brody whispered in between kisses, "At first I was bummed that I was getting a night off without you, but this is turning out better than I thought."

"Always looking on the bright side. I missed that about you," slipped out of Tim's mouth before he could stop it.

After several more kisses to Tim's neck and removing Tim's shirt, Brody asked, "What do you mean missed?"

"Nothing," Tim replied quickly and feverishly kissed Brody's lips.

The kiss surged on and on as Brody removed the remainder of Tim's uniform and guided him over to the bed. Gently he pushed Tim onto his back and kissed down from his neck to his navel, his tongue leaving trails of saliva across Tim's skin. Brody then found Tim's balls. His tongue tickled them softly, before taking his throbbing cock in his mouth.

"Oh god, Jim," Tim moaned loudly.

Brody broke from his sucking for just a moment. "At your service."

It didn't take long to push Tim over the edge. He came quickly into Brody's all too happy mouth. With Tim's cum and his own saliva, Brody lubricated Tim's asshole with his tongue. Tim shuddered at the barrage of sensations.

In a well-rehearsed rhythmic dance, Brody switched from his tongue to his fingers to his cock inside Tim. Tim's body responded more wildly than Jim had ever remembered. The fucking was fast and furious. Brody pushed firmly on Tim's legs, keeping his ass at the perfect angle to pleasure them both. Their bodies radiated heat and dripped of sweat. The intensity grew with each hard stroke and the two men groaned in instant gratification.

"You know I love you," Tim whispered with his eyes clenched and back arched.

Brody did a double-take. Tim was usually so guarded about his emotions, he almost never let something like that slip during sex. "I love you too," he answered then kissed Tim fervently on the mouth. After several minutes, Brody helped Tim turn over so he could change positions. He knew Tim loved it from behind; it was sheer animal lust. Brody pushed himself into his Tim as hard as he could. They went on this way for quite a while. They were both quite worked up when Brody finally exploded deep inside of Tim.

They lay on their backs, side by side, panting heavily. Brody reached over and lightly caressed Tim's arm. "Wow, that was something."

Tim nodded affirmatively without looking at his lover.

After several more minutes of catching his breath, Brody asked, "Why are you here?"

"What do you mean?" Tim kept his eyes on the ceiling.

"You and Lucas. What's this mission that you're on?"

His eyes still diverted, Tim answered, "We're here to change something that happened."

"What?" urged Brody.

Tim figured that Brody would never relent until he got some sort of answer, so he gave him one, the part of the truth that he could tell him. "We had to stop Lonnie from leaving last night. In our timeline, she came across a Spindrift vessel in distress and when she tried to help, she was captured by the Macronesians."

"Oh, so you're trying to save Lonnie. Was she hurt?"

"I don't want to say anymore."

"But you succeeded. You stopped the shuttle."

"Yea," Tim answered, feeling strange that Brody could not know just what success really meant.

Brody took Tim in his arms and held him tight. Closing his eyes, Tim enjoyed the comfort and allowed himself to believe that everything was going to be all right. They dozed off without worry but were woken abruptly to the alarm of Brody's PAL. Brody quickly oriented himself and turned on the radio.

It was Commander Ford. "Lieutenant Brody, report back to you sub-fighter immediately."

"Yes Sir."

"There's been skirmish along the Macronesian border involving their border patrol with a UEO patrol and a Spindrift vessel. You're to rendezvous with Fredricks. The coordinates are being uploaded to your fighter's computer."

"Yes Sir, I'm on my way."

"Ford out."

Brody dressed rapidly and collected his few belongings. Completely panicked, Tim called after him, "Don't do it. Don't go."

"I have to. It's an order, "Brody explained believing that Tim, his fellow UEO officer, understood and agreed.

But it was Tim, his lover, who answered, "Fuck all that. Don't go. Say you had trouble with the fighter." Tim was now dressing quickly too.

"Tim, what are you talking about? Leave Fredericks without back up? Disobey a direct order?"

Tim grabbed Brody's wrist as it reached for the doorknob. "Jim, I love you, don't go. Do this for me."

Brody looked Tim straight in the eyes and searched them for the truth. Brody began to put two and two together, "It's me who you're here to save."

"No," Tim lied without conviction.

"It's me, isn't it? I was captured by the Macronesians."

"No, it was Lonnie," Tim stated.

"It was me."

Tim was now yelling, "No, It was Lonnie who was captured, but you died when we tried to rescue her."

Brody paused to digest the information. Tim didn't want to tell him the truth, but did so to keep Brody from going back into danger. Only it didn't work.

"Tim, whatever my future is, I'm going to face it. I would never run from it. I could never forsake my duties. I'm a soldier. This is what I do. You know that."

"Don't go out that door Jim. I'm begging you."

Pulling Tim's body to his own Brody kissed him firmly on the mouth. He released Tim after a few seconds and opened the door.

"With your shield or on it, "Brody said without hesitation and ran off toward the UEO docks.

"No," Tim yelled after him, but it was too late.

He swiftly ran back to his room and woke up Lucas. "Hurry we have to go."

"Where?"

"We have to stop Brody. There's been a skirmish on the border and they've ordered him and Fredericks out there," Tim explained as he helped Lucas collect their things.

"Tim, we stopped the chain of events. He'll be fine. Besides, we'll never catch him."

"We have to. Come on." Tim ran out the door and Lucas followed.

"Tim, what makes you so sure he's in danger?" Lucas asked, running to keep up with him.

"It was something he said. Come on. We have to hurry."

By the time Lucas and Tim took reached their shuttle, Brody had at least a fifteen-minute lead on them.

"Hang on, Jim," Tim said as he donned his headset and fired up the engines.

"And just what do you propose we do?" Lucas asked as he helped to get the shuttle launch ready.

"Help him."

"Tim, I told you I'd see this through, but be realistic here. SeaQuest will detect us. How do we explain what we're doing out here? Besides we can't enter a dogfight with subfighters. We don't have the fire power or maneuverability"

"We have to do something. We just can't let him die again."

Lucas had no reply to that. He meant it, that he would see it through to the end.

Tim intercepted the SeaQuest's communications with Fredricks and Brody. They were already engaged with several Macronesian subfighters when their shuttle had reached the border. It was surreal listening to himself, over the channel. From this time period, he was back on the SeaQuest relaying information to the subfighters.

"You've got a total of three Mac subfighters out there guys. Be careful." Tim back on the SeaQuest informed the pilots.

"I've got one on my tail," Fredricks said in her usual 'chippy' cool voice.

"Hang on," Brody said. "I'm right behind you."

Brody fired on the enemy fighter. He missed but caused the fighter to break off of Fredricks.

"Thanks Brody. Now where are the other two stooges?" Fredricks asked.

"There's one beneath us," Brody answered. "I'm going deep to get him."

Brody sped downward with Fredricks backing him up. He almost had the enemy fighter in range when the other two Mac fighters returned to his port side.

"Careful Brody," Fredricks called out. "Larry and Moe have returned."

"I see 'em. " Brody maneuvered through a tight trench to try and lose them, while Fredricks fired several wild shots to let them know she was right behind them.

"We're almost there," Tim said as he piloted the shuttle towards the battle, but just then there was a deafening noise on the headset. It was the crash of laser fire and metal.

"Brody's been hit," Tim heard Fredricks shout in his headset. "Eject, Eject!"

"Jim!" Tim back on the SeaQuest yelled. "Jim, are you there? Do you copy?"

Back in their shuttle, Tim and Lucas listened in stunned silence.

Fredricks spoke, her voice slightly choked up, "It's all debris out here. I don't see an escape pod."

It was now Hudsons harsh voice resounding over the airwaves. "Freddy, get back here immediately. You're too out-numbered."

"I can handle it," Fredricks spoke calmly, never liking the idea of retreat.

"That's an order Lieutenant," Hudson commanded.

Fredricks turned and headed for SeaQuest at full speed. The Mac fighters did not pursue.

His hands quivering and his eyes staring off into to the distance, Tim sat at the shuttle control. They were still headed towards the Mac subfigheters.

"Tim, it's too late. We have to get out of here," Lucas tried to snap Tim back to reality.

Tim stared blankly at the screen in front of him. Brody's fighter was gone from the sonar.

"Come on. Let's get out of here before we're detected," Lucas pleaded.

In shock, Tim neither moved nor responded.

"That's it. I'm transferring the controls." Lucas switched the navigation control to his station and quickly headed out of the area.

When they were safely away from the scene as well as SeaQuest's sonar and WSKRs, Lucas set the shuttle on the ocean floor and prepared to go back to their own time. Tim was sitting in the back of the shuttle staring blankly at the water outside.

With everything set for them to fire the lasers to open the rift, Lucas said to Tim, "We have to go back now. I know how you feel. I wanted this to work too."

"Lucas, you don't know how I feel," Tim said with the sound of defeat in his voice.

Lucas placed his hand on Tim's shoulder. "No, I guess I don't, but I do know that we did all we could. I suppose we can't change things that are meant to be. "

"I failed him, again," Tim said staring off into the distance.

"Tim, it's not your fault. Brody died doing his job, a job that he loved and he knew all the risks and consequences.

His voice becoming more agitated, Tim replied, "I know. I know, that stupid quote. It's not much consolation for losing him again. I tried to change the past. I couldn't. I need to face facts. I can't change it."

After a moment of silence, Tim continued his thought. "I need to get on with my life."

Tim stood up and headed to the pilot's seat. It was time to go home.


end


Disclaimer: Yada Yada Yada- I know these characters are not mine, It's fanfiction- story copyright by me - ©RFA July 2003

Liked this story? e-mail the author: rickey@slashcity.netrickey@slashcity.net