Voice Mail
by Diena
*All disclaimers apply*


[vid-link on]

Hi. Um… anybody there? No? Do I have to leave a message or something? Yes….Okay…. Umm…. Well, hi. Um… I really… I know this must be silly… for me to call and all - there's really no real reason or anything… just um, well, I kinda miss you and I wanted to say hi and stuff…

Things are, ah, really great here - the captain is really nice, the dolphin…God, the dolphin is fantastic. I met a lot of nice people - made a couple friends. Um, It's nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be… um, I'm having a lot of fun, actually.

I was just wondering, um, how your life was going… Um, it's been a while since we've seen each other and, um, I was just wondering if anything's changed or whatever since… we saw each other last. How is everything? Um, meet anybody new.?

I've been, um, I've been having a good time. No Bad Things or anything like that - I'm kinda over it, um… don't worry or anything… like you would anyway… No, I didn't mean that… I'm sorry…

It's just that… why did you just go along with it? Why didn't you, um, say something, you know, to stop him? It's not that I blame you for what happened or anything, it's just that… I dunno… It feels weird. I'm okay, though… um, I'm just trying to figure out what you were thinking, you know…

Was it something that if, um, I was better, it wouldn't have happened? If I was, say, better behaved and better… everything… would it have happened? And why didn't I have any warning? I mean, I wake up one morning and then - boom. It was weird…

It's okay, though. Everything's working out, um… really well. Everyone's really nice… It's not like I regret what happened or anything. I mean, everything's okay. Really… um, I'm okay. And people are watching out for me, I haven't gotten into any real trouble or anything - nothing you'd have to help me out with or anything…

And the dolphin is great. I mean, wow. I know you probably don't care, but… I mean, well… it's just very cool. I wish you could see it, I guess. The whole thing is really great… Everything's really great.

You know, I woke up this morning, and it was just, um, it was… I realized that, um… you know what? I don't know… Because it's just this good… warm feeling… I guess, and I just, I kinda wanted to talk to you… But you're not here.

That's okay, though… I mean, you have a life and everything. I mean, that was half the point of this arrangement, right? So you could have a life? Just a thought… I'm sorry… I really… I just don't know…

I guess I do know, though. I guess… well, I dunno. I just wanted to talk to you. But I guess I'm just going to have to settle for this for a while. If you ever call me back or anything… chances are, I doubt you'll even get this… but that's okay…

I don't mind, really. Things are great here. Really great.

I miss you, Mom…

Call back sometime, okay?

Bye.


[vid-link off]


The Labyrinth
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Workshop/2192/