Reflexion

By Ma'at and Sparky

sparky88@mailcity.com

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Ok, first of all; thanks to everyone who helped me out deciding how to describe our OC... I'm saying our because she was co-invented, if I may say that. So I've decided to take what the majority suggested and place a mini-description at the beginning of this story, so if you don't read it, you don't have to and you can find out by yourself... it's all up to you.

Disclaimers: SeaQuest DSV/2032 is owned by Universal Studios/MGM and is used without permission. No money was made for this story except for the feedback (that I hope will come)that is worth more, in my opinion. It is for entertainment purposes only....you know what I mean. No infrigiments of copyrights are intended. The vampires (and the novels) are the property of Ann Rice except Marie de Lioncourt which is our character (and therefore cannot be used without permission). Neither can this story be copied or anything without permission... it's ours :)

Rating: I'm hesitating on this story. It would be, in overall, a PG but as it deals with vampires/blood/death and everything I might even give it a R (for the vampire theme..uh...quite recurring, thank you!). But if you don't mind vampires and everything that comes with it then there's no problem here.

WARNING: I'll repeat myself; if you're uncomfortable with the vampire idea here, please don't read this story because really...it all revolves around vampires. I'll have warned!

Author's Notes: This was written by Ma'at and Sparky :) Really needed a team effort... And then again I know some details are off-canon of the Vampires Chronicle, like the wodden cross and everything, but I hope it won't cause too much problems!

The original character dealt with in this story is Cynthia Hitchcock; yes, Katie's sister (I don't know if this is off-canon or what). Cynthia is two years older than Lucas, so 21 years in this story. She has arrived on the seaQuest on the first season and had been Lucas' girlfriend since then. Having sometimes problems in their relationship (that's the next story, guys!), they do workout well together. Still, I'm going off-topic here...Cynthia's got dark hair and blue eyes, and she works in security. She loves modeling and she's always up to date with new clothes and everything; when off duty. I think that resumes about everything you'll need in this story. If I ever realise I forgot something,I'll tell you in time before the next chapter....



Reflexion
By Ma'at and Sparky
sparky88@mailcity.com


Introduction:

You never know who or what your friends are before they know too much about you ...

But then it's too late ...

Be careful ...


Chapter one --The bright darkness

~~ Lucas closed his book 'Interview with a Vampire' (from Anne Rice, BTW) with a shiver. He'd been off-shift since an hour barely and he'd just finished his book. "Whiou! That was _great_, _freaky_!!!!" He tells himself. "Wouldn't want to meet one of these!" Just at this moment, a loud 'BANG! BANG! BANG!' is heard from the door, causing Lucas to jump at least 3 feet. His first reaction is to reach for his wooden cross he had brought after reading the first few chapters of the book. He then get up and slowly walk to the door, shaking with fear. He open the door and immediately shows his cross, closing his eyes.

He hears a voice "Is Dagwood suppose to pray?"

Lucas just opened his eyes and became red like...blood. "Uh, sorry, I just thought you were someone else..." "That's okay. Tony told Ford to tell Lony to tell Dagwood that Hudson wants you on the bridge. Everything's dark. Black." "Blackout?? Ah s**t!!" He was already scared enough like that. He found a flashlight and followed Dagwood into the darkness of the hall. It was quite strange that Lucas had made up a little scene with candles and wine (that Tony had given him for his 19th birthday)and with 'The Phantom of the Opera' music. He was just scaaaared!

In the hall everything was just freaky. It was pitch black. He quickly made his way up to the bridge. Thanks to the flashlight! But when he was on the bridge the flashlight was quite worn off and started to fade... what a luck! It didn't help a lot. "Where's the security lights?" "That's why Hudson wants to see you." Tony said from somewhere on the bridge. Lucas moved the flashlight around the bridge as if it was a gun, ready for anything. "Captain?" He passed on Lony, then some people he didn't even knew of. "Captain??" Maybe he wasn't there. The flashlight's circle of light (and not the circle of life...or death) passed on Ford until it stopped on someone. Lucas just...screamed.

The...man....or...thing...was just....what? He had those 2 teeth that was longer than the others, these grey eyes (or was it because of the light...._poor_ light?), with the black under them, and he was incredibly pale!!! "AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!" He stepped back until he almost fell on some crewman. The seaman whispered to him "That's a new guy on the boat. Maybe some new science officer. We don't know much about him yet. Hudson doesn't present new guys much. Don't be scared of him or he'll hate you. And you'll work with him so if I was you..." Lucas didn't need any more explanation. But a 'guy' or not, he would do anything so that he wouldn't hate him!!!! :)=

~ ~ ~

Unfortunately, the flashlight was now dead. Even without lights, Lucas could feel everyone looking at him, or trying to look at him. "Hmmm....sorry....sorry." He was probably red like...blood, again. He turned his head slightly on the right, but his gaze stayed there. There was some 10 little things that glowed in the dark. He thought it was... anything else except what it was until he heard a whisper: "Cynthia, your nailpolish is glowing!" She hid her nails because Lucas couldn't see them anymore. Cynthia...there was a reason why she was his girlfriend...always full of surprise...good or bad. Lucas just hoped the lights would come back soon because he was really bored of this. First that 'vampire' guy, then the glow-in-the-dark nailpolish, the blackout...

But there was a reason why they called him so maybe it was a blackout that would last days...!! Lucas just shrugged this off. "O.k., well, could the Captain of this boat ever show up somewhere to tell me why I'm here just humiliating myself??" He knew it was Halloween time and Hudson had been unrealistically permisive as of appearance (like Cynthia's nailpolish) or way of speaking. But still, he knew he couldn't be any more military thank this in a complete darkness! The unexpected turn of the day just shoved him off-guard.

Lucas suddenly felt two hands on his shoulders. He jumped again a couple of feet and looked back, even if it was useless. "Ensign. I hope it's you I'm just beside." Lucas relaxed. That hand was right near his neck...



Chapter Two: Two Came Back

"There's some problem with the lights, as you can see, or as you can't see...the computers are just freaking out, if I can use these words. I'm glad you brought a flashlight, even if the batteries are dead now. We'll just need some light, but Dagwood is searching for candles." Lucas wanted to laugh. He had taken almost all the candles from the Mess when he started to read the book...he would have a hard time finding some... :)=

"Hmmm...somebody has some batteries??" He asked stupidly. Tony answered from the other side of the bridge. "Well, if we had some I think there would be a lot of flashlights flashing here. Just find a way to open the computers. Their lights would be enough, I think." Lucas nodded sarcastically. "Yeah, that would be useful, but I can't see where the computers _are_!!!!" He walked toward someplace, not knowing where. He crashed into someone. "Whoops, sorry..uh...someone."

"Marie." A woman said with a slight French accent. Lucas looked up (for nothing). "Marie?" Someone took him back abruptly. "Marie de Lioncourt." That was a man speaking. Her boyfriend, Lucas thought. Strangely, Lucas saw a pale light behind him, he could say it was some eyes. The eyes of the... man he saw with the flashlight. "Sorry, I can't say she's mine but it's some reflex to protect her." He added, thinking he had been too hard on backing Lucas. The poor ensign was so confused.

Who were they?

The man offered his hand, but uselessly because Lucas was seeing nothing at all. Strangely the man seemed to see in the dark, or at least more than Lucas. "If I don't have any other chance to present myself, I'm Lestat de Lioncourt." He whispered so only Lucas could hear him. "I'm her brother." Lucas understood. "Well, can someone help me finding some computer light or something. Isn't there anyone that has indiglo on their watch???" "Good idea Luke, but we already asked that." "Security team maybe with their gun's flashlights?" "Security is all at launch bay cause it's where anybody could just enter. Someone's gonna come someday, though." Answered Tony like if he was the only one listenning. Suddenly, all the lights came up again. "yeah!!" Lucas whispered. He looked at the two brother-sister. He almost screamed again. They were worse in the complete light. But that thought reassured him 'If they're in the light then they're not vampires.'

Lucas thought. But he hadn't really understood the book; vampires don't have to fear the light! The sudden realisation just scared him even _more_!! Why did they had the same name, then? Was there just other de Lioncourt in the world? Maybe, but if they had the same name, and they had a vampiric appearance, maybe there was a meaning??! 'Okay, just don't think about it.' he told himself. Lestat seemed quite cool, in fact! He sighted, relieved by the lights. Hudson looked around, relieved and then looked directly at Lucas. "Well, for those who didn't knew, this is Lestat and Marie de Lioncourt. They're coming for a training for the night shift. I hope you'll be welcoming for them. Hitchcock, you'll be sharing a room with Marie and Wolenczak you'll be sharing your room with Lestat. Piccolo, you'll be asked to share your quarters if ever something goes wrong."



PART THREE: Bloodlust
Part1

(Lucas)

Marie entered the room silently, looking at Lucas in the darkness. He was at the computer, searching informations on the book and movie "Interview with the Vampire".

She walked around him as he realised she was there. He eyed her suspiciously.

"You know when you told me you'd like to be a vampire?" "Y...yeah..." Lucas was getting a bit scared. What was she getting to? What did she want? He wasn't *serious*, at least not that way... "It'd be cool if you could live with me forever." Lucas thought 'Drink from me and live forever.' It was one sentence that scared him from the movie, even if he didn't see it... yet. "Hmmm....ya..."

She stopped on his side and started kissing him. Slowly but surely she arrived to his neck. She quickly took a bite, spitting the skin on the floor. The blood was running from his neck but he was too dazed to bother. He looked at her without moving, almost hoping she would let him die there, today. She slowly sucked his blood, feeling it pass through her teeth, through her fangs. He started to feel the pain in his neck rise almost to the point of screaming. While he was wondering what to do, she felt the thick blood pass to her stomach, the warm liquid not causing any trouble to her body. She drank all she could, leaving only a little blood to the poor Lucas half-conscious, crying and freaking out in his sleep. She looked at him, her teeth a bright pink. "Do you want to die or live forever with me, Lucas?"

A single sentence still echoed in his mind 'Drink from me and live forever'. He sobbed even more. What could he chose? He wanted to die, but not _this_ way! "..." He tried to talk but wasn't able. He nodded. Marie's finger went to her chest, her long nail cutting the skin on her chest. She didn't feel any pain. Lucas didn't even realised that he would have to drink her blood. Marie took him into her arms, and pressed her chest on his. "Drink from me and live forever."

Was it a sentence every vampire said or was it Lucas' imagination going wild? Lucas felt so faint he didn't think before starting to drink her blood. He drank and drank and drank. If he moved, he felt the blood coming up so he just drank and drank more. Finally he just fell to the ground, unconscious.



Chapter Four: Bloodlust
Part 2

(Cynthia)

Lestat slowly openned the door, without touching it, and entered Cynthia's room. She was reading a book silently and she jumped when she saw Lestat. ''Man, Lestat, you scared me!'' Lestat smiled devilishly. He sat beside her and kissed her. It became more and more passionate in a matter of minutes, and we're going to fade out.....

3 hours later....

Cynthia was sleeping sweetly with Lestat looking after her. Was she beautiful. ''I want you to be my girlfriend, Cynthia. '' She stirred slowly. ''Hmmmm?'' ''I can see you laying in a bed of satin. Please be my girlfriend forever, Cynthia. I'm gonna give you the choice I never had.'' He cuddled up closer to Cynthia and suddenly he bite her neck. He drank the blood so quickly that she never realised what he was doing. Then she was too faint to do anything. ''Please, drink from me. And live forever.''

Without thinking, she just jumped on him and tried to tear the skin on his neck. But she couldn't so Lestat cut his neck by a simple move of his finger. Cynthia hold on to him and drank the blood, unable to stop the tears. She finally fell on Lestat and simply lay there, unbothering of the blood taste in her throat and an emptying feeling in her heart.

When she woke up, she was naked and cold. Lestat was sleeping peacefully. She had an irresistible need to go to the bathroom so without waking Lestat, she walked to the bathroom. When she was finished, she walked back past the bathroom's mirror. She looked and screamed at what she saw...or didn't see... She hurried out of the bathroom, naked, knowing what she did last night. She crashed into Lestat as she openned the door. He held her tight when she tried to run away. ''Cynthia....please....stay my friend...'' Cynthia looked at him, tears falling down her cheeks. She burried her head into his chest, crying heavily at the mistake she made.



Chapter Five: Never Gonna Be the Same

When Lucas tentatively woke up, he felt something he never felt before. "Huh?" Something was really strange here."

"Lucas, it's okay..."

"Marie?"

"Yes, it's me."

Lucas looked up at her and was once again startled by her face. She smiled softly and he got sight of her teeth. It sent a shiver through all Lucas' body, for what, he didn't know. There was a soft knock on the door and Lucas lay back down on the bed, turning his back to the door.

"Is Lucas here?" He heard his girlfriend ask. He quickly turned to face her, glad to see someone he knew...err...well.

"Cyn..."

s soon as he saw Cynthia's face he started to scream as well as her as she saw him. "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

"Cynthia! OH MY GOD!!!"

"Lucas!! You did it too!"

"What do you mean I did it too?"

"Look at you! I mean...." Lucas got up groggily and walked to the bathroom.

You then could hear a loud scream once again and he backed up frighteningly to the wall. When Cynthia went to see him she noticed he seemed even paler than before. He was looking at the mirror as if he was seeing a ghost.

Well, he *could* be, but there was a difference.

"Cynthia....you...I....he...they...she...whatever....we...."

"We are now, Lucas, want it or not."

"But...no....like....we...haven't...." He was mesmerized by her eyes. Her usually soft blue eyes were now icy (but still blue) and she had those fangs... unconsciously, Lucas felt for his too and felt them....that was what had been strange in his mouth! "Cynthia....I...." He started to cry against his wishes and Cynthia took him in her arms.

"It's okay Lucas....."

"No! Cynthia....I want to die... old, with you... not live forever!"

"It's gonna be okay.... trust me..."

"You wanted it???!!" ('had she gone crazy???!!!')

"No, Lucas...but we have to live with it..."

"All that lives must die, Cynthia!"

"We're not *really* alive...."

"Cynthia, how can you just accept that!!????"

"Well what am I supposed to do????!!! *Kill* myself? Like you could so well do??"

Cynthia saw Lestat enter the room and look somehow worriedly at Lucas. He whispered something to Marie and then walked to Cynthia and Lucas. "It's normal to feel frightened at first."

Lucas didn't dare look at Lestat. After all, it probably was him who gave the....Dark Gift to Cynthia.

Lucas thought he'd never forgive Lestat... nor Marie. But he could always change his mind....



PART SIX SOON