Poker Studs
by Lil


**You are once again aboard the seaQuest..yadda, yadda, yadda...**

"Okay, I'm in," you say as you calmly regard the others at the table.

"Count me in," Tim says with a slight smirk.

"Me too," Miguel says. The three of you look at Jim Brody.

"Well?" you ask.

Brody takes a large drink from his glass, and nods. "I'm in."

"Good," Tony says. "I bet $5." He puts the money into the large pot in the middle of the table. Everyone adds their money.

Tony smiles as he lays his cards on the table. "Three jacks....beat that!"

Everyone moans and throws their cards down.

"That's the third hand you've won," Tim O'Neill says. "What's your secret?"

"Wouldn't you like ta know," Tony says, then winks at you.

"Yes, I would like to know," Tim continues. "I want to win some of my money back!"

Miguel laughs, and takes a drink from his glass.

Tony eyes everyone's glass, then stands. "Anyone want a refill?"

"Bout time you offered," you say. "Some host you are!"

"Hey! Be happy that we all have a two day leave here....or else ya'd be drinkin' water, instead of beer."

"Ohhhhhh," you breathe sarcastically. "Two whole days leave. We're not even in port Tony. This is just like spending your vacation at work!"

Brody leans over and whispers in your ear, "Maybe I can help you get your mind off of work?"

He leans back, smiles slightly, and finishes off the rest of his beer.

Miguel looks at your slightly flushed face, then at Brody. He chuckles, and shakes his head. "I would think that you would get tired of propositioning her, Jim."

Brody puts on his most innocent look. "I was not proper...propst...I was not!"

Tim looks at him. "Are you slurring your words?"

"Nooooooo," Brody claims. "I'm just tired."

He accepts another beer from Tony, and takes a drink. He stops, and looks at it. "Tony?"

Tony turns. "Yeah?"

"How did you get this beer onboard?"

Tony senses a trap, and shrugs.

Brody decides that he's feeling to good to play *Head Security* tonight. "It's good beer." He looks at the table. "Who's deal?"

Miguel shakes his head, and grabs the cards.

********

Tim smiles gleefully as he pulls his winnings towards him. He laughs to himself, but stops when he notices Tony glaring at him. "Sorry," Tim mutters.

"No need to apologize Tim," you say. "Tony's just a poor loser."

"I'll poor loser you," Tony mumbles. He gets up, goes to the fridge, and gets more beer.

Tim smiles at you. "Are you a poor loser?"

You return his smile. "I don't know.....I never lose."

Tim turns red at the tone you used. He coughs lightly, and turns his attention back to the game.

You reach out for your beer, and bring the glass up.

"Hey!" Brody says. "That's my beer."

"It is? Oh, sorry." You look him in the eyes, take a sip from the glass, and lick the foam off your lips.

"Here." You hand the glass back to him.

Brody stares at you as he holds the glass. "You are soooo much trouble, you know that?"

You smile sweetly. "Why, yes I am....thank you for noticing."

You both jump as a hand waves between the two of you.

"Are you two playing?" Miguel asks. "Poker, I mean?"

Tim and Tony burst out laughing.

Brody leans back in his seat and smiles to himself as he takes a drink of his beer.

You look at the other's with you. "Are you guys drunk?"

"Yep," Tony says. "Nope."

Miguel shrugs. "I'll let you know in the morning."

"I'm not," Tim says as he stands. He weaves a bit, and sits back down. "Welll...maybe a little." He blinks. "Umm...maybe a lot." He looks at Tony. "What kinda beer is this?"

"Normal beer," Tony says. "Ya just had too many."

"Oh." Tim leans his head on the table and closes his eyes. "Wake me when the room stops spinning."

******

The night passes quickly, and soon only you, Miguel, and Brody are left playing.

Tony leans back against the wall and moans. "I can't believe she cleaned me out!"

You smile. "I'm sorry Tony.....honest."

Brody reaches under the table, and puts a hand on your lap. "You gonna deal, or what?" he slurs.

Or what!!!! you think. "Seven card stud, follow the bitch."

Miguel nearly spits his beer out. "Follow the what?!"

"Follow the bitch," you repeat. "Face up, the card following the queen is wild, until another queen shows, then the card following that one is the wild card. Got it?"

He nods.

You deal the cards, and smile as a queen shows in Brody's hand. "Okay, next card is wild." You deal all the cards, then nod.

"Okay...three was wild...but no more...the five followed the bitch, so that's the wild card."

Brody leans to you and again whispers in your ear. "I love it when you talk dirty."

You cover a laugh, and look at him. "And I love it when you slur in my ear."

He smiles, totally missing the mild insult. He glances at his 'hole' card, and flips it over. "A five."

You moan at his hand. "Three aces. Nice hand."

Miguel is about to comment when he notices the door slid open. His eyes grow wide.

"Uhhh....Jim?" Brody looks at him (You and Brody are sitting with your backs to the door)

"Yeah?"

"Ummm...what would you do if Ford or Bridger ever showed up here?"

Brody shrugs. "Nothin'...they'd never show up here." He winks at you, and once again puts his hand on your lap. This time, he starts to caress your leg.

You notice the look on Miguel's face, and slowly glance behind you.

Ford waves at you, then motions for you to be silent. He has a definate smirk on his face.

You turn back, and look at Brody. "Why wouldn't Ford come in here?"

Brody shrugs as his hand moves up your leg. "Poker's not his type of game," he slurs.

"And what IS my game?" Ford asks.

Brody's eyes grow wide, then close. "Shit!"

He stands quickly, and puts a hand on your shoulder to steady himself.

"Jonathan."

"Jim."

Ford walks to the table. You are all uncomfortable as Ford scans each of your faces. His gaze pauses on the passed out figure of Tim, who is still sitting at the table, then he looks at Brody again.

"Uhhhhh....I can 'splain this," Brody says.

Ford crosses his arms. "So...'splain." He smiles slightly. "Attention!"

You and Miguel spring to your feet and snap to attention. Brody does too, but doubles over in pain when he slams his thumb into his eye.

"No need to salute," Ford says easily.

Brody straightens, a hand over his eye. "Now you tell me."

"Have you been drinking?" Ford asks.

"Define drinking," Brody says.

Ford shakes his head. "You've been drinking." He looks at the three of you. "Any beer left?"

"Uhhh...yes, sir," you say. "Want one?"

Miguel closes his eyes at that remark.

Ford smiles. "Don't mind if I do."

He looks at the table. "Got room for one more?"

"You got money?" Brody asks.

Ford gives him a 'I can't believe you asked that' look.

Miguel hands Ford a beer and sits. He looks curiously at him.

Ford sighs. "Hey, I'm on days off, too."

You laugh, and sit in your chair.

Brody sits beside you, and continues with the caressing that was so rudely interrupted.


The End.