Maladroit Father : Legacy

By Siren (sirenr@yahoo.com), with collaboration from Lill (lillandra@canada.com)

Fandom: Seaquest

Pairing: Nathan Bridger/OFC

Big fat Ol' Disclaimer: Seaquest, Jim Brody and the crew belong to NBC, I have no affiliation with them etc. Shannon West, Nathan Brody, Zoë Moore, Chad and Lucy are all mine.


This story contains an adult storyline, anyone under 17 read at your own risk.
Now again to the plot holes:
1.) Why Ortiz and Bridger in the future don't remember it didn't work, I don't know. Alzheimer's maybe?
2.) I am not a SQ tekkie, so any misrepresentation of the SQ or its components are harmless and unintentional.
3.) I don't like Loni (if you haven't noticed from my last story)
4.) Don't hate Zoë
5.) I know there isn't as much smut in this one, but it didn't fit quite as well as in the last one.
6.) I couldn't think of a better title


Maladroit Father: Legacy
By Siren with collaboration from Lill


7/13/2049

The ocean waved pounded against the shore, and his dad was walking along with the morning's catch.

"Hey buddy! Look at what I caught?" his father asked him. Nate, still young, looked up at him. As he looked up, the face that was his father's turned into a massive black bubble, sitting on top of his body. He screamed…


"Nate! Nate! Get up you're going to be late!" he heard his mother say through his dream. He was relieved to be out of that. He sighed as he opened up his eyes. He smoothed back the light brown locks from his

eyes, and sat up in bed. His mother opened his door, smiling.

"Hey there sleepy head…good morning." She came over and kissed him on the forehead. She saw his pouting face.

"What the matter?"

"I had that dream again…the one about dad."

Her smile faded, and she looked down on the bed.

"Honey…I'm sorry, I know those upset you."

"I just wish they would go away…I mean it's been 16 years…why do I keep having them?"

She sighed. "When your father died, it was so hard on me. You missed him so much; sometimes I stayed up all night with you, just to get you to sleep. It was a terrible thing you had to go through. Sometimes when I see, I feel like he's still here…you look so much alike. But for now…you've got to get to the Institute, isn't the test run today?"

Nathan smiled.

"Yep, today is the first time we finally get to present the system to the board, and then we can finally get that grant. Oh I know it will work…it will just have to!" exclaimed, springing out of bed.

"I'm glad honey…you've got to go though, you can drop me off at your grandmother's on the way."

She walked out of the room, and he stepped into his bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror. He opened his brown eyes wide, and smoothed back his light brown locks.

In a half an hour he was ready to go, dressed in his light blue institute suit and he dropped his mom off at his grandmother's.

"Damn", he said, staring at his watch. He was already 5 minutes late, and he wouldn't get there for another 10.

He rushed into the front doors, and jogged down the corridor. He burst in on the meeting, and 3 other teammates looked up at him, as well as 4 people in labcoats over suits.

"Well, Mr. Brody, you decided to finally grace us with your presence. Please, come over and join us", said one of the men in the labcoats. He hurried over and joined his team. Another young man in a blue suit was

already talking.

"Now if you look close, hold on I'll magnify it…okay. Now if you can see this…the skin regenerates itself after even repeated trauma."

The image on the screen showed a small patch of purple that thickened up again after a few holes were punched in it.

"Amazing…" exclaimed one of the men in suits.

"We weren't able to recover much from the UEO about SeaQuest, the wanted to keep it hush hush, but I think we figured out how they created the Seaquest." the leader said again.

"Well ladies and gentlemen it seems very promising. Please send over the deep-sea results when you get them." With that, the men in the labcoats filed out of the room.

A young woman in the lightblue suit removed her hair tie.

"I'm so glad that went well." she exclaimed. Her eyes then fixed on Nathan.

"And you," she said, standing up and rushing towards him, her brunette head reaching about his chin. "Where were you? This was one of the most important days in our research, and you were late." She poked him in the chest, her blue eyes filling up with a fire.

Nathan jut sat down. He rubbed his temples.

"I didn't have the best night's sleep, Zoë, can you spare me this morning? Chad, how did it go? Were they impressed?"

The leader smiled.

"Hey well you heard em, as far as I'm concerned," he said, stretching out his legs to the other chair, putting his arms behind his head, "this is the easy part."

"Well don't give us too much credit, we might not want to work that hard anymore," said the fourth team member walking over to the table, her red hair up in a simple braid.

They all briskly laughed.

Chad clapped his hands together.

"Now…I have recently acquired some, how shall I say, "inside information", he said, making the quotation marks in the air with his fingers.

Nathan sat forward.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, I have found out, through my various sources, that not all of the Seaquest II was lost."

Nathan smirked. "You're so full of it"

"No, I'm sorry I'm not. Someone has brought to my attention, that the phenomena known as 'wormholes' may have been the cause for the disappearance of the SQ."

Zoe laughed. "A wormhole? The only studies done on the deep-sea wormholes found them to be unstable and extremely rare. Are you telling me the Seaquest stumbled on a stable one? They could have been taken anywhere!"

The red headed woman sat down.

"Chad where did you get these?" she said, taking the PDA from his hand and looking over the spec.

"My source has requested he stay anonymous. He worked for the UEO, and any word of this, it might, let's say put a big dent in his pension."

Nathan searched through the specs. This is unbelievable.", he looked at Chad. "This could really work. All we need, I guess is the right equipment, and the right people," the 4 team members looked at each other, "and we are there."

"Let's get going. I'm supposed to meet our contact in a half an hour."

The 4 started out the door, Zoë and Nathan the last ones to leave the room.

As soon as Lucy and Chad had rounded the corner, Nate grabbed Zoë and gave her a passionate kiss.

'What was that for?", she asked, smiling.

He kissed her again, his hazel eyes filled with passion, and her hands sliding around his shoulders.

"I guess you could say an apology."

"It's accepted. I still don't understand why we can't tell the others about us."

"Why? Because Chad would probably get us put on separate teams. He would call us an unstable element in his team."

"Fine, lets just get going."

*

"Where is he?", Nathan said nervously, staring at his watch.

"He'll be here okay?", Chan answered, pacing.

Zoë cupped her hand around Nathan's shoulder. She glanced over at him. Lee sat back quietly, reading a book and sipping her coffee. Then, two strange men walked up.

"Chad?" the first one asked him. Nathan straightened up.

The stranger removed his cap, revealing a head of dark brown almost black hair with a few Grey streaks. The other man had almost all Grey hair, and stood with a medium build. He was quiet, but kept scanning Nathan's face with his eyes.

"We should go somewhere where we can talk a little more openly", the first man said. With that he started walking, pausing only briefly on Nathan's face and continued. The team followed.

*

Chad suggested they go back to his house, and then two men wavered but decided that would be best.

The 6 of them now stood, awkward.

"So…", Chad started, picking up his glass of orange vegetable juice.

"Hell of a day isn't it?", he said as his freckled face turned into an obnoxious smile, and he peered around the room at everyone's confused faces. The first man walked up to him, real close.

"You know, I really don't have time for this. The information my companion and I have could get us killed…so why don't we just get down to business."

The grey haired man walked up and put his arm on his shoulder. The first man tensed.

"Miguel…please clam down."

Nathan stopped stirring his ice water and stood up.

"Miguel? Miguel Ortiz? My god…", he exclaimed, bringing his hand to his mouth.

The man stopped.

"You might as well know. Yes, it's me."

"You must have known my father then. I'm Nathan…Nathan Brody."

The grey haired man came up real close, and took off his sunglasses, examining the boy closely.

"You look so much like your father…I knew it had to be you. When I heard about your father's death, I was so honored to have his only son named after me. Miguel, this is extraordinary"

Chad looked confused.

"What's going on?"

Bridger moved to the freckled lad.

"This man's father, was one of the finest officers I have ever served with."

He said pointing at Nathan. Miguel tensed but remained unaffected for the most part.

"Your father was a good man", he said, looking out of the corner of his eye.

"Okay…now…", Chad continued, "what is your interest in all of this?"

Bridger sat down on the couch, Miguel followed.

"When the Seaquest disappeared, it took with it any stake the UEO had in the world. It was the flagship, it took with it my friends." He sighed.

Miguel started.

"We were asked by UEO security, never to reveal any information about the Seaquest, or what happened those last weeks or, it… "

"It…what?", Nathan asked.

Bridger and Miguel looked at each other.

"Mobius."

*

"Let me get this straight…they want us to take all of our research to Seaquest? Why would Seaquest care about our research? Also, did they forget that the SQ II disappeared what, 20 years ago?", Lucy stated, her red hair now frizzy from the humidity.

"16, actually."

"They didn't forget. According to all the information Bridger got that was never publicly released, the Seaquest II 'stumbled' on the Mobius Wormhole, and disappeared. The military classified the SQ as destroyed, but Ortiz thinks the wormhole has time transport capabilities. If they could somehow,

improve the hull, using our stuff, Bridger thinks it could have helped it hang on during the attack. For the last 7 years, they have been running tests and when they heard about our research towards building something with similar matter capabilities, they had to reach us.'

Zoë sat up.

"They want us to build some kind of vessel? Out of that stuff?" she exclaimed, gesturing towards the petrie dish.

"That's the plan. They need us to find the SQ, they can't just abandon those people, if there's any chance of them being alive. They think if we made it out of the same type of matter, perhaps it would increase the

chances of a transport match. It's become their 'white whale'."

Lucy looked back at the team.

"White whale?"

Nathan sighed. "You saw those two. They have no lives now, even Bridger's grandson has left home. This has become an obsession, that boat stood for everything they believed in and worked hard for. If we find

it, we can try to figure out a way back, and all this data helps explain the energy stream and how the wormhole works both ways."

"Besides," Chad joined in, "it would make great headlines."

Nathan sidled up besides him.

"No, no press. If the UEO finds out about this, you can forget about our careers", Zoë added.

Nate nodded. "We have to do this…save the future for everyone.

Sounds corny, but you have to admit," he continued, smirking, "it is exciting."

Lucy nervously crossed her arms across her chest, nervously pacing back and forth.

"I don't know about this…why us? Why now?"

"Were the only ones so far who have figured out the exact right formula for the shell. UEO wanted to keep it hush hush, with this, we can do business with anyone we want," stated Chad, grinning, waving around the PDA.

She agreed.

"Fine…fine."

*

This time the black bubble was a repulsive clown face, one that Nathan saw at the circus when he was 7, and he never forgot it. It's horrible red hair, sick makeup. From then on, whenever he saw a clown, he always wondered if the man behind the face was really miserable and depressed.

At that part of the dream, he sat up abruptly but silently. His now wide eyes scanned the room, and Zoë sat up in the bed next to him. She rubbed his shoulders as he rubbed his face with his palms.

"Shhh…shhh…", she quietly said.

He hugged her, still a little shaken from his dream, but trying to quickly forget it.

"Are you okay?", she asked, looking at him close. He looked at her beautiful face, but then his eyes trailed down to the beautiful white satin nightgown with the straps she was wearing. Her chest rose and fell quietly in it. He kissed her shoulder, and her arms were still around his neck. He moved the soft kisses up her neck and finally gently nibbled her ear. He kissed her on the lips and she loved the feeling on his warm lips against hers. He lowered her to the bed, she on top of him, but their waists not meeting yet. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and he slipped 2 fingers underneath the straps of her nightie. With a little movement, he had lifted it up over her head, her breasts now tickling his muscular chest. With a

swift movement, he was on top, now working his way down her body. She giggled as he kissed his way down her neck, her collar, and then took her breast in his mouth, her giggling went under her breath then turned into moans. He kissed her on the lips again, and ran his hands up and down her legs. She straddled him, and he entered her. They met each other thrust for thrust, and she loved the feeling of him this close. He smelled like fresh laundry, and it drove her crazy.

He grabbed onto her, and withdrew, but then quickly entered again, each time bringing new sensations that made her feel higher and higher. He grabbed her breast, roughly and gently at the same time. She moaned

out again, breathing his name hard into his ear.


"Nathan…Nate!"

He moved his hips a little rougher against her, and she felt it, and loved him going deeper each rock. Finally the tension built up to a great peak, and she felt a million explosions within her. As he climaxed, he cried out, and she gasped loudly. He rested for a moment, his hot breath on her neck. Just the feeling of having him close still brought along a second orgasm for her.




7 months later…

"Sir, what can I say, you're original designs were genius. No wonder you were UEO recluse golden boy," Zoë blurted, stepping out of the small two-man vessel, removing her helmet.

"She run's like a dream."

Bridger smiled.

"I'd take her out myself, but I'm getting older, and time doesn't slow down, even for me."

Nathan patted him on the back. He walked over to the pod, and ran his hand along the seam. Chad and Lucy were talking about the propulsion specs, and Zoë stood idly by, making last minute repairs on the inside.

Bridger spoke softly to Nate.

"You know when I heard about your father, I was so sorry. He was a great man you know…saved the SQ more times than I count. Did you know him long?"

Nathan tittered.

"Well that's the strange part. I'm here because of a flux, and I grew up almost 3 years in 14 hours. My father and mother were transported back, and a time flux occurred, and they spent 2 years shipwrecked, but in actual time it was only 13 hours. A few months after we got back, wham, my dad was gone, my mother moved to be with my grandparents. I got into the SI, so I remember very little, but I hear lots of stories."

"I'm sorry. You remind me of my grandson. You know…, he said, standing back, "it may just be this bad memory, but the family resemblance really is astounding."

Ortiz walked up, holding onto the edge of a headset.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Nathan…Bridger, I mean, we're all ready to go. All the tests checked out, and we can go now."

"Perfect. Okay son", Bridger said, placing his hands on the young man's muscular arms, "it's time."

"Thank you sir"

*

Zoë and Nathan ended up in one of the two vessels, Chad and Cindy in the other.

"How are you guys doing?", Ortiz's voice came cackling over the headsets in the helmets.

"Just a bit nervous…", Zoe replied, looking over at Nate for confirmation, her blue eyes piercing in the dim light of the cabin, "but holding steady."

Chad's voice intervened.

"Approaching coordinates now"

"Okay now ease off the propulsion, just put your impulse on, try to use your momentum to drive into the wormhole. Be careful, too much force could blow the ship apart."

Nathan put propulsion on manual.

"Propulsion at half, and on manual now."

Suddenly, the cabin's started shaking violently.

"Are we supposed to be experiencing this much turbulence?" Nathan shouted over his intercom. He was met with mostly static, but heard the faint sound of Chad's voice.

Zoe's knuckles turned white from how tight she was holding onto the rungs of her chair. She gritted her teeth, too frightened to shout. Nathan was inhaling and exhaling deeply, trying to keep control. His teeth

clenched together. Then, suddenly, he couldn't move. The shaking became uncontrollable, and a mellow light filled the cabin. There was nothing but silence and darkness.

*

"I think he's going to be okay, he's suffered from a mild concussion, but I don't see any permanent damage Nathan."

With hearing his name, Nate's eyes fluttered and opened. First everything was blurry, and there a figure looking over him. Blinking more, his vision finally focused, revealing a grinning woman with chin length brown hair.

"What did I tell you?".

Nathan slowly raised himself up onto his elbows. He sat up al the way, his legs still stretched out on some kind of examination table. He rubbed his eyes with his palms, and looked around. Zoë was lying out on the other table, a red bruise across one eye, but she was still unconscious. He lowered himself onto the floor and walked to the table. "Zoë…" he muttered, looking at her.

"She's going to be fine, she hit her head pretty bad." he heard a voice say behind him. He turned around, facing the woman and a man…Nathan Bridger!.

"Bridger! Where am I?"

The man turned and looked at the woman, confused.

"I'm sorry young man…have we met? "

Nathan looked around. A younger Bridger…

"No I'm sorry. I guess not. I heard her call you that before."

The confusion dropped off the Captain's face.

"Well, you're on board the UEO vessel "Seaquest". I'm Captain Nathan Bridger, and this is Dr. Wendy Smith. You and your friend have been through a lot."

Nate rubbed the bridge of his nose. He turned slowly to Bridger.

"Friend? Zoë!", he exclaimed, looking around the sickbay. The black haired young woman was lying on the other examining table. He quickly leaped to his feet, but stumbled a little bit. He leaned over the side of the table, taking her hand and looking at her closed eyes.

"Zoë..", he whispered. He looked over his shoulder, facing the others.

Smith walked over next to him, and injected a hypo into Zoe's neck.

The girl's blue bloodshot eyes fluttered open, and her hand raised and touched her face. She winced back when her hand touched the red bruise across her forehead.

"Hey, hey, take it easy", Nate said, gently pushing her back down on the table.

"We found you adrift", Bridger called from behind him.

Nate let go of Zoe's hand and walked over to Bridger. He extended a hand.

"Thank you Captain…this is Zoe Moore, and I'm, well, I might as well tell you the truth. I'm Nathan Brody."

The Captain loosely shook the hand, and Smith and him looked at each other, wide eyed, speechless.

"Brody?", he muttered.

Nate nodded.

*

Jim Brody was in the docking ring, one leg supporting the small PDA he had, one arm holding an extended pen, trying to get as much information about the small craft the rescued this morning. Ortiz looked up from below.

"Anyway, so I told her I would definitley send her email, and she freaked out. Makes me wonder how many other people she's met on leave, and then never called her."

Jim laughed.

"Miguel, she's probably just-"

"Brody!", a voice interrupted him.

He looked over to see Bridger walking halfway into the small corner.

"I think you should get to sickbay now…you're not going to believe this."

*

Jim walked into the med bay as a young man was finishing up a story, using the med screen and pen to roughly sketch out what he was talking about.

"Somehow instead of branching off into the future…we were thrown back. I feel if I tell you anything more, it could change thing, and I don't think that would be right."

"Thrown back?", Jim snapped.

The young man looked up, and Zoë stopped the chart and was stunned.

"Yes…ahem…thrown back", he said, quickly looking down.

"Nathan, this is Luitentant James Brody…weapons and tactical, but I'm sure you already knew that", Bridger said, slinking away from the two, now face to face.

"Jim…this is Nathan Brody. He and his companion here are from the future…"

Nathan was nervous beyond comprehension.

Jim paused.

"Brody?"

"Yeah that's right", said Nathan, making eye contact, "I'm you're son"

*

Nathan had rested his arms on the console in front of his now hung and wrecked pod.

He motioned with his arms.

"We need to fix the main computer, reattach the front propulsion systems, and I can't see why we can't go back into the wormhole."

Zoë stormed up to him.

"Are you crazy? What about Chad and Lucy? Even if they're dead, what about the pod? You're just going to leave it here?"

Nathan clenched his teeth together.

"When they went through the computer database, they show sensor readings sensing the other pod exactly .78 seconds after we came through. They're dead Zoë god dammit!!!". He slammed his fist into the console.

Zoë nodded her head to one side. She placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Look, I know you're going through a lot, but we can't just leave them here. And the pod, if it fell into the wrong hands, the future could be changed."

He reluctantly nodded.

"You're right, Im..Im sorry. It's all this with my father, and I'm already tense about having the mission messed up so soon."

Zoë touched his forehead with her hand.

"Just relax", she said, her arms around his neck. She planted a soft kiss on his lips.

*

Jim sat slumped over the bar, his fingers slipping on the side of the glass. O'Neill sat beside him, just there for comfort. Loni also joined them, sitting on the other side of Brody.

"A son? When? With who?"

O'Neill laughed under his breath.

"I guess it had to happen eventually big guy", he replied, giving Jim a big pat on the back.

Brody smirked out of the left side of his mouth.

"Well I have a son!" He said, lifting his glass up and clinking with Loni's.

*

A submerged hideout off the coast of Argentina

"This was a really great plan Chad, please remind me to get in on one of your stupid publicity stunts in the future", shouted an irritated Lucy from her small dank cell.

"This wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Oh the publicity…", he continued, whining. "I'll always be known as the man who destroyed the future. Oh god, please let us out!", he said, holding onto the bars

and moving them slightly back and forth.

He took his hands slowly off as he heard footsteps approaching. Down the long hall they came, past the empty cells and stopping abruptly before Chads. The woman turned around.

"Oh my god!", Lucy gasped from the cell over.

"It's Marilyn Stark! She attacked Gedric Power Station and almost sunk the Seaquest!"

The woman smirked.

"So you've heard of me…and you don't sound very grateful to me for having saved your miserable lives."

Chad breathed quickly.

"I'm sorry if you think were being ungrateful for being put in prison and having our ship attacked."

"You're ship? You're ship my dear boy? I don't think so. You see, I happen to know a thing or two about Seaquest and its technology, and there's only one man who could've designed something like that. Nathan

Bridger. Technology such as yours hasn't been invented yet. Now with yours help, I'm going to get my revenge."

She felt her leg, and clanked against it- it was made out of steel.

*

"Hey Nate…why don't you just tell your father about the day that he dies?" Zoë muttered.

"I can’t. He dies saving Loni Henderson…who you know, is also by the way serving aboard this very ship right now."

Zoë gasped.

"Loni Henderson? As in Secretary of State Loni Henderson? LH??? She brought some of the biggest energy, environmental, and social reforms of our time, and helped repair a lot of the damage from Macronesia. Why didn't you ever tell me about that? She prevented war…"

"That's her. And my mother has always blamed her for my father, it just didn't seem like something to be proud of."

"You can always be proud of your father. He was a smart, intelligent man, and well, you're a lot like him, that is, from what I've gathered."

Nathan sidled up next to her, his legs dangling off the side of the repair lift. He leaned over and kissed her on the lips, she responded quickly, moving her fingers through his light brown hair, and rubbing the back of his neck. Her hands stretched over his broad shoulders as she fell back, him on top of her.

He quickly kissed down her neck, and loved the smell of her almost black hair. She looked over his shoulder at the ceiling, loving the feeling of finally kissing him, having him love her. His hand went up and down her hips over her uniform and her arms were now fully around his neck. He suddenly stopped and sat up.

"What's that?"

"I think its…footsteps."

They quickly sat back up, Zoë grabbing the first tool she could off the deck, and fixing her hair quickly.

Brody walked in.

Nate cleared his throat, Zoë pretending to be very interested in the tool she was carrying, while trying to straighten out her uniform. She hurriedly walked into the pod.

"Sir…what are you doing here?", Nathan said.

"I'm your father…you don't have to call me sir. I'm here to help you."

"I think I have to go get those other specs from my quarters…" Zoë said quickly flashing a smile at the two of them and rushing out of the deck.

Brody looked at his feet.

"So…do you need help?"

Nathan sighed.

Right then, O'Neill and Zoë popped their heads in.

"Hey guys…they think they've located the other pod."



The Bridge

"Now look you can see this unusual heat spike, may I add right in the midst of your trail. It has to be then, but it disappeared right about…there", O'Neill, said, tapping his pen against the screen.

"It is sending out some kind of distress signal, so whoever or whatever is with it, doesn't know how to operate it. That is, if anyone's left alive."

Zoë and Nate looked at each other.

Bridger nodded.

"Now if the away team were to take one of the transport subs to check out the damage, how would we know where to find it."

Nate stepped forward.

"I think I can help Captain, Zoë and I have a few tricks about her maybe you guys don't know about yet."

Bridger nodded.

"I understand. Brody- I mean, Jim, you're on the team. O'Neill, Henderson, Nathan, Ortiz, Zoë, and myself, report back here in…30 clicks…were going to get your friends back safely."

Nathan grabbed the Captain's arm loosely.

"Sir I object to Ensign Henderson going."

The crew stopped what they were doing to listen to the altercation.

"Excuse me? She's a part of the crew, and always goes on away teams."

"I have my reasons sir."

"Which are…"

Nathan looked at his father.

"I can't disclose them at this time."

"I'm sorry, but I'm sticking to my original orders."

Zoë stepped beside Nathan.

"Nate, come on. It'll be fine…let's go review those specs again, get that tracking signal info to the crew."

Nathan hung his head and weakly walked away with Zoë. The rest of the team, including Brody, looked over at a confused Loni.

Launch Bay

An hour later, they had assembled and boarded the minisub. It was now headed towards the supposed wreckage site. The signal had been growing stronger as they descended into one of the smaller crevices of the floor.

All of a sudden they were met with a bright batch if lights. They ship rocked violently, and Zoë hung onto the back of one of the chairs.

"Sir were being attacked!", hollered Henderson from the helm.

"By who?" Bridger said, quickly moving to the front of the ship.

"Unknown sir- but they're technolo- "

Henderson was interrupted by a flash on the screen, and a smiling woman's face appeared on the screen.

"Marilyn!", Bridger exclaimed.

"Hello Bridger- welcome."

"We thought you were dead, you completely disappeared from the sub."

"You underestimate me. You really thought you were that spontaneous? I know you a lot better than you think, it's always good to have a plan B…just in case".

Her eyes shifted onto Nathan and Zoë.

"Awww..the son of Brody. The legend continues, huh Jim?"

Brody just looked at Captain Bridger.

"Now Marilyn, let's just talk a minute. Were on a recovery mission, for one of our vessels. If you would just let us-"

"I know all about you're little time travelers there. I know all about the technology you have- and want. And I just love these two…". The camera shifted onto Chad and Lucy both on their knees and gagged to Marilyn's left. Chad waved with his free fingers.

"Chad!", Nate exclaimed.

"Sorry to keep this short and sweet teach, but I have a few meetings going with some major people interested in this technology, and I have to get ready...bye bye." The screen went black.

"Captain, what are we going to do? If the wrong people get their hands on that…"Brody said.

"I know…I know. There's only one thing we can do. Get back that pod."

"Sir their targeting their weapons, " O'Neill, said, looking back from the helm.

"Fire lasers on their weapons, NOW!".

"Aye aye."

"The red beam flew through the water, and reached the corner of the great building. It made a small explosion.

"Weapons offline but not destroyed. They'll be idle for a while."

"Okay we make a team- Brody, Henderson, Ortiz, you're with me. You two- stay here", he said, gesturing to Zoe and Nathan.

"Sir- I'd like to go. I can't risk anyone's life because of us, and our mission. I think it only right that I go", Nathan said, stepping in front of the Captain.

"Captain- I don't think that's a good idea", Brody said, aggressively stepping forward.

"I want to go- please."

"Fine, but she's not going. I'm not risking both of you, besides she knows a hell of a lot more about the signal and recovery than we do" said Bridger.

"Were gathering back here in 15 minutes- let's get going!".

*
"Why did you volunteer to go?", Zoë said, poking Nathan in the chest.

"I owe it to him- besides, I couldn't let them go and risk their lives for something that had nothing to do with them. I would be just like her then."

Zoë cried a little tear, and looked away. She came back. She smoothed out her bangs.

"Fine just promise…promise you'll be careful", she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I will", he said, holding her close.

*

"Alright everyone, we blew the hatch, and were ready to bored. Everyone knows what they're supposed to do."

"Right", replied Henderson, "We get the kids, release the clamps on the pod, and get a tractor beam, and then, run like hell", she added, smiling.

The rest of the team nodded their heads. The door flew open, and Brody and Ortiz led the charge of officers onto the deck. Suddenly, scattered security guards fired right over their heads, pieces of the ceiling

fell on them. They dove behind a jutting piece of the wall, and Brody took out two of them in a row. Ortiz missed once, but fired and caught another. 3 more were still hidden in the far side of the room, and they rolled and ducked again under some scattered ships and a tank. Brody made a great shot through one of the tank windows, and hit the other one square in the chest. Henderson hit the second, and Bridger snuck up behind the third, hitting him on the back of the head with the phaser. They slowly and suspiciously stood

up, Brody with his gun still positioned. All of a sudden, a fourth security guard stood up and aimed the gun for Brody.

Nathan saw him, and charged towards his father.

"Dad!!!", he yelled, and pushed him down to the ground, just as the gun fired and missed by only a few hairs. Henderson fired upon the stunned guard, and he went down. Brody hit his head on the ground as they fell, and has been knocked out cold.

"O'Neill!", Bridger said, rushing to the scene.

"O'Neill Brody needs immediate medical attention, e need to get him back on the ship!" The outer docking doors opened agai9n, and Ortiz and Nathan limped inside, supporting Brody. They set him down on the floor, as O'Neill rushed to his side.

Nathan lingered for a moment, watching the scene, but quickly met the rest of the team outside, and continued into the rooms. They walked into the next room, where Marilyn had already been waiting for them.

"Glad you could make it", she said, straightening her hair and looking at her nails. Lucy and Chad were still tied up, back to back on the left. Marilyn held in her hand a remote control to a large viewing screen.

Bridger took a look around the place.

"I underestimated you Stark…you do have some taste."

"Very funny Bridger, now back in line, or you get to see these two get a taste of my medicine."

"Alright…were here now…what do you want from them? You already have the pod, let them go."

"Actually its very simple. See this?", she said, clicking on the remote.

A picture of idle Seaquest came up.

"It and everyone on it are about to become fish food. My buyers need a small example of what I have to offer, and thanks to these two", she said, moving over to Chad and moving the hair on his head, "I have the

technology I need to take out the Seaquest once and for all."

Henderson clicked her gun.

"I wouldn't do that Ensign…you see, whether you get me or not, everything's already programmed to fire in exactly", she said raising her watch to see the time, "hah…4 minutes."

Suddenly, there was a ruckus, in the corner of the room, at the programming console in the corner.

"Hey!!!", Marilyn said, charging over there. Nathan had made his way over there, and had just finished the last bits of the code he needed to deactivate the machine. He entered in the data, just as Marilyn hit

him on the face with the butt of her gun. She scrambled to the console, as Nate reeled on the floor. She set down the gun.

"No no no!!! Oh wait…", she said, as she noticed the countdown still going.

Nathan limped over to Nridger, who patted him.

"Are you alright?", he whispered.

"Yeah…but we have to get out of here…just trust me Captain", Nathan said, leaving a knowing look. While Marilyn was still beating the console, Ortiz had moved in and untied Lucy and Chad, who quickly and quietly ran off.

"Hey! Hey!", Marilyn screamed as she moved into positioned and held up her gun, firing two shots, missing them, but hitting the wall. Bridger jumped her from behind, and knocked her out with his gun. She tumbled to the floor.

"We HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!", Nathan said, hitting the docking ring release button and heading out, following the rest of the team. They had made it back into the sub, and shoved off.

They floated quickly away, watching the complex get smaller and smaller. All of a sudden, they heard a horrible roar, and whole place exploded. Glass shattered, and the whole place fell like an avalanche into the bottom of the crevice.

"What happened?", asked Bridger, amazed by the spectacle.

"I didn't stop the explosion, I just changed the location", Nathan said, smiling. Zoe walked up and hugged Nathan wildly, kissing him on the lips. Everyone saw, including Chad and Lucy.

"Ah- hah! I knew it all along!", exclaimed Chad, picking the adhesive off his face.

They all laughed. Natan walked over to O'Neill.

"Where's my father?"

"He's still unconscious, but he's going to be fine, he's in sickbay. I secured the pod with the tractor beam, sir."



Sickbay

Nathan walked into sickbay, and saw his father lying on the stasis table. He went up to his side, and touched his shoulder.

"Hi Dad…I could save you, I could save you anytime I want. I can't. I want to, you don't know how horrible it has been all these years, how horrible it's been for mom, knowing that you're gone, and that I didn't have a dad. Grandma and grandpa have been great, grandpa is always telling me how much I remind him of you. I wish I could've known you better. When we finally took your mother out of cryo- stasis you know, she was devastated after she found out you had died. I'm glad I got to spend time with you, even if it was for a little while."

Loni had gotten a hypo spray ready, and walked into sickbay without Nate noticing. He kept talking, she didn't have the heart to stop him.

"I'm glad I saved you, I wish I could be there to do it again in 32."

He turns around, and see Loni. She's shocked. He continues walking out, and she grabs his arm.

"Hey! What did you mean?"

"I can't tell you, it would alter everything. It would change everything."

"If you have something that could help us-"

"Listen you don't know what happens- I do! I've had to live my whole life with it, don't you think I would change it if I could? The repercussions would be apocalyptic. Back off!."

Henderson grabbed his shoulder again, and scanned his face. He roughly shrugged her off and left sickbay. Zoë had come to find him, and saw the last gesture from the altercation.

She rushed into sickbay, as Loni was talking through the communications to the Bridge.

"Captain, if he has something that could help us-"

Zoë ripped the unit from Henderson's grasp.

"Don't you dare report him!"

"Who the hell do you think you are?", Henderson replied.

"That boy has been through hell all of his life because of you. You're not going to take his courage away from him. You stay the hell away from, so help you if you don't."



2 weeks later

Nathan was playing basketball in the gym when the door swished open and Brody stepped in, he already knew his son was in there.

They played a one on one game, Jim winning.

"Don't worry, I think I have a few years on you"

"Only 14 right now", Nate said jokingly.

Jim stopped laughing for a moment, and hugged his son. Nate didn't expect it, and embraced the man anyway.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm proud of you, and that I'll always be proud of you."

Jim said.

Nathan cleared his throat.

"Thanks…dad".

3 weeks later

Nathan, Zoë, Lucy and Chad stood in the launch bay, next to the 2 newly repaired pods. They were all ready to leave, and the crew stood around saying their good-byes. Brody packed Nathan some letters. Nathan hugged him and shook Bridger's hand. Brody hugged Zoe too. Henderson remained aloof.

"Good luck everyone, thanks for helping."

"No problem…good luck in the future."

"Goodbye"

Nathan feared that if he stayed he wouldn't want to leave, so he kissed Zoë and they climbed into their respective pods.

*
"Goodbye Ms. West!", Zoë yelled as she and Nate walked out the door of his house. They went walking by the ocean, and sat down on the private part of the beach his grandparents owned. He took out a letter that had been delivered by Western Union a week ago right after his return home.




"April 4, 2032

Dear Nathan,

You should be getting this in March, I think, if the Western Union does its job. I still remember your visit. You're now about 2 and half years old, and I can already see the signs of the man you become. You're

mother and I couldn't be more proud. We got back about 3 weeks ago, and she misses the island, but nose that time has to go on. Take care of Zoë, she was one of a kind.

And remember, whatever happens, I will always love you and your mother.

Love,

You dad, Jim Brody."

Nathan sighed and looked into the ocean. "He died there, Zoë. In this letter he's so full of hopes and dreams. He has no idea that in about 3 weeks he'll be dead."

"I'm sorry Nathan."

"Zoë, I really love you."

"I love you too Nathan."

She kissed him gently on the neck and he kissed her. They just held each other close, looking at the sea.



END