LEGACY

By Siren

PAIRING: Brody/West

RATING: NC-17

DISCLAIMER: EVERYONE READ!!!!!: "Lt. Brody" and "Seaquest" are property of NBC, etc, but "Lt. Shannon West" is all mine.

WARNING: Under 17 should be warned that this contains adult material, and I'm not responsible for anyone reading this and are offended by the material.

AUTHORS NOTES: Now to the plot holes. This was a hastily thrown together plot…I'm not a SQ tekkie, so I apologize for the crude descriptions of the SQ or its components:

1.) Why Brody made NO attempt to get off the island or repair the specs, I don't know. It would ruin the story, I guess.
2.) This - "*" means I 'borrowed" the line from another show
3.) This is pure fantasy…I apologize for the dorky dialogue/ plot.
4.) This is was just for fun, and is not to be taken seriously (except the Brody legacy)
5.) Don't ask me about the time/carbon dating stuff.
6.) Don't say anything about the horrible alien plot…I had nothing, really.


LEGACY
By Siren


Lt. Commander Brody sat in the cafeteria, stirring his drink. Sullenly, he looked around, hoping for some glimmer of excitement, something familiar in a new world. Then he saw her, sitting at a table alone, nursing along a pinkish drink, fixing her hair as she turned the pages of the book she was reading.

She had her dog tags and dark gray tank top on. She peeked his interest.

He grinned to himself as he stood up and finished the rest of his vodka tonic.


*****
"You're working that cherry like it just bought you dinner*," Lt. Shannon West heard a voice say behind her. She looked up at a handsome man with light brown hair, referring to the cherry she had picked out of her Shirley Temple.

She smiled sheepishly and set down the stem on her napkin. She braced herself on the table with her elbows. "Well, I know what I like." She smiled Devilishly at him.

"What are you having?" he said pointing at the glass.

She looked at the pinkish liquid, she picked up the glass and set it back down again. "This…," she stated, looking over at him, "Is dangerous stuff. two parts 7UP, one part cherry juice."

He grinned and picked up the book. "Diane Ackerman, A Natural History of the Senses"…sounds very…sensual."

"Oh, it is. There is a whole chapter on kissing alone." Her brown eyes drifted up to meet his. "It's a rush."

He came in close to her face, and reached across the table and touched her hand very lightly. "A rush?"

"Yeah, her words are wildly romantic. Easy seduction…"

He studied her face a moment. "Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you around here before- at least I don't think I would forget if I had."

"Nope, I came in on a transport this afternoon. Now they have to transport people in equipment haulers."

He searched the room. "Do you want to get out of here? I could give you a tour if you haven't already had one," he asked confidently, having security from the one drink he had.

She considered it a moment. "Sounds great."


******
"And this…" Jim exclaimed, reaching his hand into the water. "Is Darwin."

The dolphin came up to the surface, releasing some of the air through the blowhole and playfully splashing Brody.

West smiled. "Hi, there."

"Hello- pretty lady," was the response that came through over the trans system.

"Thank you."

Brody looked at West. "He's right you know"

West blushed. "I think I should probably be getting back to my Quarters now. I get on at 0700, and I don't want to be puffy eyed."

"I'll walk you back"


*****
They reached her quarters. She gestured with her head towards the door. "These are my quarters."

He came closer to her, until her back hit the wall. He quickly kissed her, and her arms instinctually wrapped around his head. three weeks on a transport hauler didn't provide a girl much company.

They broke apart, and her hands fell looser on his neck, running her hands through his hair.

He planted soft kisses on her neck and shoulders, holding them to the wall with his hands.

"This is too fast," she said, playfully pushing him away and opening her quarters.

"But I don't even know you're name!" Brody exclaimed as she shut her door with a smile. He exhaled. "Awww…."


******
West woke up to the wailing of the red alarm. She checked the PDA she placed next to her bed, quickly sitting up. It 0530, an hour and a half before her duty began. She quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face, and headed out in a clean uniform. As she opened the door from her quarters, she met by a whirlwind of officers and comp techs screaming orders.

She ran down to the launch bay, and stopped to help a man lifting a very heavy pipe, over to stop one of the hull breaches that was quickly tearing off more of the hull.

"Hey you", she heard a voice shout. She looked over her shoulder, and saw Brody peeling on the rest of a wet suit. He quickly recognized her.

"Yes?" she said, rolling up her cuffs to get a better grip on the pipe. She felt a hand on her shoulder and dropped it. She turned around, gritting her teeth slightly, and came face to shoulder with the man.

"What's going on?" she asked.

He nervously looked around. "Do you have any experience with pressure systems?"

"I have extensive training with navigation and inner pressure water systems. I'll see what I can do with my technical expertise," she said, dropping again to lift up the end of the pipe again.

Brody smirked, as he walked back over to the dive tank and disappeared under the water.

Just then, an African American officer came up, and grabbed the middle section of the pipe. Even with the three of them, the pipe was slipping.

"Dagwood! We need you over here!" he shouted, struggling.

Just then, a Dagger came up from behind, reaching over West's shoulder and grabbing onto the pipe. With one motion, he lifted it over her head and out of the officers' hands. "I got it Commander", the dagger said sullenly.

"Thanks" she expressed, exasperated.

The officer approached her. "I want you over there now", he ordered, handing her a hand laser and gesturing to one small area of the bay where the ground was already wet. "We have a serious hull breach, it's a miracle the crew transport made it by the crevice."

She slid underneath the lower bulkhead, her uniform becoming more and more wet as she came closer to the small leak that was gaining more ground. She took some of the plastic chalking and melted it to cover the holes. She ran her hands over her work- it was temporary, but it would hold for at least a day.

She sighed as the red alarm stopped.

"This is probably a good time to introduce myself to the bridge," she said aloud.

When she arrived on the bridge, the officer from before had already compiled a crude report, and was telling it to the bridge. "Earlier today we were sent to study minor volcanic eruptions, bacterial samples, pretty basic stuff. We sent one of our men down, and he reported a rapid massive build up of magma. It exploded, and," sighing. "We lost him. Now the whole region has been Teeming with some kind of electrical stimulators, here at least 100 years, from our calculations, somehow sensing and manipulating the plates, and causing the explosions. We were hit, but only mildly, until about an hour ago. We didn't sense the recent buildup fast enough and we were hit bad. It caused massive hull breaches. Brody and Piccolo had to survey the damage manually."

Her boots clanked on the metal, turning attention. "Sir," she said, grabbing her order file. "my orders."

"Well, Lieutenant West, you'll be reporting to Lieutenant Commander James brody, for tech and weapon specialization training. I think this would be a lovely time to welcome you aboard. I'm Commander Ford."

"Lt. West, I'm impressed by your agility. Keep up the good work," Hudson said quietly from the helm.

"Thank you sir."

Brody and Piccolo came onto the bridge, still in their wet suits, carrying their air equipment. She gazed over at the two, coming in.

Brody saw her and slowed his walking. He cleared his throat and handed Ford the reports.

"Brody, I'd like you to meet Lt. Shannon West, the new weapons officer. I suppose she's going to give this place a well deserved run down."

Piccolo looked her up and down, then grabbed a speechless Brody on the shoulder. "Quite the strudel…" he whispered.

Brody pretended not to hear him.

West stepped forward, extending a hand. "Nice to meet you sir," she said.

He was motionless for a moment, and looked to the ground. "Nice to meet you as well, Lieutenant."


*******
West had just finished a bite of her chicken and pasta when a woman with short brown hair walked up, set her tray down and with a smile, and extended her hand. "Hi, I'm Lt. Loni Henderson. I saw you on the bridge this morning, but I wanted to say hi in person."

West wiped her mouth with her napkin, and shook the outstretched arm. "Hi, I'm Shannon West."

Loni chewed on a forkful of pasta. "So what brings you onto Seaquest?" she asked.

West, cutting a piece of chicken with the edge of her fork, answered, "Well, I graduated second in my class. Since the Seaquest reappeared, they started recruiting people, asking for volunteers. I jumped at the chance. It sure beats weapon upgrades on border posts. Seaquest really is amazing, people say it is, but you never realize it until you're actually…" she motioned. "Here."

"It was so intimidating at first. Top notch crew and technology, but now I can't imagine being anywhere else," exclaimed Loni. "So, you're a weapons specialist?"

"Yeah, I'm going to be training with Luitentant Commander Brody. My former Commander said that Hudson's a real dog."

Loni leaned back in her seat. "Brody's a sight for sore eyes, and Hudson is a dog. I guess he's more efficient than anything. But he's fair."

West let out a quick laugh under her breath.


******
"I'm sure you know the basics from your previous training, but I'm just going to do a quick run through," Brody stated as he darted from bridge station to bridge station. West followed closely behind. Neither of them had let on what happened the night before, nor spoke about it.

"Seaquest is equipped with forward Green lasers, standard, torpedo tubes, long range nuclear attack missiles," he paused, motioning at the control system, "Intercept torpedo's, four minisubs, four speeders, eight Sea Launch Transport Minisubs, one Stinger, one HR Probe, tweleve Sea Crabs, EVA suits and two specters, I assume you are familiar with operation of the spector?" he asked, glancing back at West.

"Yes, Sir, its standard training for all specialists."

Brody paused again. "Oh, okay, good."

By this time, they had gained attention from some of the bridge crew. A brown haired man with glasses looked up from the console "Luitenant West, this is Lieutenant Tim O'Neill, communications. O'Neill, this is Lt. West, new weapons officer."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," West said, shaking his hand.

"Well, its nice to have you on board", O'Neill responded, and as West was walking away, he followed her with his eyes. "Not bad…" he muttered under his breath.

"All that's left now, is perhaps a few test runs in the Specter, and just familiarize yourself with the new system upgrades on the bridge. You seem very capable, and honestly," Brody said loosely shrugging. "I don't know what more I can do."

West sat down at the console. West stared at the screen. "They said you were the best, sir," she said glancing over at his frustrated form. "I'm sure you have something more to teach," she muttered with a sly smile.

O'Neill looked over, surprised.

Brody lost his breath. Who did she think she was? "When do you want to go on the test runs?" he answered abruptly.

"Anytime's good for me", West answered, looking back at the console.

Brody's eyes lingered on her for a moment. "Let's go right now".


*****
"You're actually pretty good, for someone who's been stuck in a bucket for ten years," exclaimed West through the comm unit on her helmet.

Brody nodded to himself. "Well, I do my best."

O'Neill's voice came surging, statically through the overhead comm. "Sorry to interrupt your little joy ride, but I'm reading a massive underground magma buildup, about fifty meters from your locations. I'm also reading massive activity in one of the probes that we found…(crack)…earlier but…" and his voice faded out with static.

"O'Neill? O'Neill!" Brody yelled into his helmet. "West, back to SQ now!"

"I'm going right now," West said, as she started turning around.

Suddenly, light flooded the cabin; she could barely see the controls or her hands on them. No systems were responding, everything was frozen. Her hands were moving in what seemed like slow motion, and then the light became brighter, and enveloped her.


******
Back on Seaquest, red alert was sounding.

The crew on the bridge was holding onto whatever they could. Henderson moved around in her seat. "Captain! I'm reading more shock waves coming right for us. The magma burst has also emitted an electric pulse, and I'm afraid I can't read the specs anymore through the WSKRS."

With that the ship shook violently.

"Sir, I'm afraid we have to move the Seaquest, there are already hull breaches on the forward decks, were looking at massive damage from the magma if we don't get out of here," cried O'Neill, frantically moving his fingers about the console.

Hudson exhaled hard. "Well then, move, Mr. O'Neill! What about our people out there?"

Henderson shook her head. "I can't tell you anything until I can get into sensor range. For all we know they were hit by the burst. We can't risk staying."


*******
west heard her heart beating in her head. Before she could open her eyes, all she heard was hard, quick breathing. She slowly opened her eyes, and found that the spec was sideways, and beached. She pulled the helmet from her head, and ran her hands through her hair. It was matted with steam and sweat.

She typed her command override and password into the emergency hatch, and it popped open, one of the few systems still operational.She got out of her harness and set her feet onto the sand.

Stretching her back as she stood up the rest of the way, she looked around the island, first squinting at the light.

The island itself was beautiful, but there was nothing. She couldn't even see the satellite bases set up on remote places, for scientific research.

She leaned back into the spec, gathering up her emergency supplies- a hand laser, first aid supplies, and some of the personal things she had on her uniform.She checked her hand sensor and her wristwatch, and her watch was useless. Her hand sensor said it was 1300, nearly five hours after leaving the SQ.

She gathered a poncho into a ball under her arm, and began walking.


*****
Back on Seaquest (one hour after magma burst
3/13/2032

"Henderson, are sensors back online?" asked Hudson, his forehead creasing.

"Yes sir, they're just coming back online. But I think they were damaged by the magma, I'm getting in some kind of gibberish. It seems to be coming from the stimulator. But it can't be right…before they were dormant."

Hudson sighed. "Information? What kind?"

O'Neill spoke up. "It's most likely just radio interference, random static emissions, "ghost" sensory", he put frankly, making quotation marks in the air with his fingers.

Henderson remained doubtful. "Sir, I don't think so, take a look at this."

Ford walked over to the console. "Captain, I think she's right. There is a definite stream of data coming in, I'm going to store it."

"O'Neill, do we have function of WSRKS yet?" Hudson asked.

"Yes sir."

"Deploy one," he ordered, sitting back in his chair. "I want those specs found."


******
West had gotten about 10 minutes away from the stranded spec, and realized she left the stash of fresh water still inside. Now she had been walking about an hour, and she sat down and took off the top layer of her uniform, leaving her in her tank top. She took a gulp of water, and casually looked further down her route.

She saw a dark brown spot…could it be…she narrowed her eyes…the other spec

She quickly jumped to her feet, and hurriedly walked towards the bigger and bigger vessel. She reached the beached minisub, and found Brody was not inside the small cabin, opened from the inside.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around, and there was Brody, already holding some sort of invention he had put together since he had left his cabin."Are you alright?", he asked, his hair blowing into his face.

She straightened up. "I'm fine sir, are you?"

"I'm great. Also, you can just call me Brody for now, or Jim. I think we can skip the formalities."


*****
She smoothed out her hair, and smiled at him. "So, what do you have there?" she motioned towards the small machine.

"Well, from what communication devices were still working in my spec, I am trying to send some kind of distress signal. I guess you already figured out these are busted," he said, holding up his emergency signal on his wrist.

"Yep. Everything was broken, but I did manage to bring some water."

Brody looked up, shielding the sun from his eyes with his hand, and took the water bottle. He lowered it, and started chuckling. "Thank you", he said. "Well," he said, twisting the end of the laser into some wires and attaching another cartridge. "The signal is now…on."

A small whistling came from the device, and he put it down next to the front of the spec.

"What do we do now?" West asked, looking around their meager supplies.

"I guess there isn't anything we can do but wait. I don't even know if this will work," he uttered, pointing at the comm device.

"Why?"

"Well, according to the sensor readings, the makeup of the atmosphere and the water, I would say we're in about the year 1932. I can't explain it."

West gasped. "1932?!?! How can that be? Do you think it had to do with the electrical probes?"

"I think it did. I think it triggered that magma burst, and somehow it…took us back."


******
SQ, 0830 hours
3/13/2032

Hudson leaned over O'Neill's console. "O'Neill, is there any data coming back from the WSKR?"

"Yes, sir," responded O'Neill, typing in a few more commands. "I'm reading a definite signal coming in from the main probe."

"What about the specs?"

"I can't tell you sir, the WSKR isn't reading any other vessel. They're just gone."

"Commander," Hudson started, as he turned to face the confident man. "Are you still receiving data?"

Henderson answered. "Yes, sir, it's coming in at an incredible rate. I've tried to access it, but it's all encrypted. This is not going to be a picnic."


*****
The next afternoon
On the island

After finding more material to build the shelter, West went out looking for other sources of water and food. She straightened up her tank top, and came across a beautiful inland shore, surrounded by miscellaneous bushes, crystal clear. She filled up a few of the now empty water tanks. She skimmed the top of the water with her hands, and loved how it was cooling compared to the heat of the sun. She removed her semi-stiff uniform pants, and tucked her dogtags into the inside of her bra.

She slowly walked into the water. She didn't notice Brody coming up behind her, at first shocked but then interested by the display.

He started to alert her of his presence, but somehow couldn't speak the words.

Her porcelain skin disappeared slowly into the water. She stopped walking when she reached about waist high; she took the tie from her hair, releasing the light brown waves to about her mid back.

Brody looked on, fascinated.

She then leaned back into the water, and swam with the currents. She extended her arms above her head, missing just sunbathing like she used to do on her vacations to North Carolina with her family.

Brody decided to make his presence known. He too, had taken off the outer shell of his uniform, exposing the lean navy muscles of his arms. He picked up the water canteens, and they clanked together alerting her.

She stood up on her feet, her tank top now soaked to her skin. She rang out her hair. "Oh sorry," she said with a smile. "It was just really hot."

She walked out of the water all the way, picking up her shell.

"Did you have any luck finding food?" she asked, trying to draw her gaze from his arms.

"I found some fruit, and I think I figured out a way we could catch some fish."

"Great", she muttered, ringing out her hair and grabbing the rest of her supplies.

He watched her moving. Couldn't help but watch. SQ, 0900 hours
3/13/2032

O'Neill was frustrated. The stream of data still hadn't stopped coming, and Lucas had to re-route the information into a second sub routine, just to store it all. He was also going through different encryption patterns, trying to find a match. "Henderson, I want to launch a probe. I want to see this thing up close, are the safety levels back to normal?"

"I can launch a probe, I think there will be little interference."

"Good, get it done."

Island
Eight days later
Evening

Brody and West were holding fish over the small fire with some of the reeds they had gathered. West sat now, bundled up with the emergency blankets they had stuffed in the back of the specs with the first aid supplies. Brody darted from the fire to the supply of kindling, and striving to make the shelter as sturdy as possible.

West followed him with her eyes. "Why don't you sit down and eat? I think they're pretty much done." She poked at them with the other branches.

Brody paused and looked at the fish, and he realized he was starving. He hadn't had anything but water all day.

She drew in the sticks, and placed the meal onto a small piece of branch she had cut down from the palm trees. She handed the plate to him, and he took it in his hand, and their eyes met. Neither of them pulled at the plate for a few minutes.

He then looked down at his feet, and took the plate, and began to eat."

So…" she exclaimed, trying to sound casual. "Any luck with the communications?"

He looked up at her face. "I think we are pretty much helpless. The specs aren't working, I checked the computer records, and it had massive radiation and heat damage. We will just have to hope Seaquest figures out what happened."

West nodded. "I was able to gather enough materials- blankets, the fireblankets, and make some type of comfortable sleeping in the hut."

"You take it. I'll be fine just on the ground. Hell- I haven't been camping in years," he said, with an uncomfortable laugh.

"Are you sure? I really don't need it all to myself."

"Yeah, go ahead."

After finishing dinner, West went and settled into the shelter, Brody remained aloof, outside watching the fire. She lowered herself down onto the blankets, and fixed her eyes on him.

She wanted him- she knew it. He was handsome, all right, but there was something drawing her to him, something behind his eyes.

She then looked up to the holes in the roof, and gazed at the stars. She loved being beneath the surface, but missed the sound of the waves on the shore, and missed the stars. She decided to change out of her tank top, and back into her shell if only for the night, and she was going to gather up all the linens in the morning and wash them out.


*****
Brody looked over at the hut, and saw the silhouette of West, who was changing. He looked away, but slowly looked over his shoulder. Although it was dark, he could still make out her toned body, and her buttoning up her shell. 'Stop Jim…' he told himself SQ, 1000
3/13/2032

"Captain Hudson! I've finished partial encrypting," yelled Lucas.

Hudson quickly strolled over to the console, leaning over Lucas's shoulder.

"Sir, I think I've figured out what these are. After the SQ was found, Captain Bridger erased all the alien memory. But he kept some of it, in his PDA, for study and just in case we ever "needed it". I recognize these- I don't remember much from the abduction, but I remember some of these symbols. They are the same. We have to contact Bridger, and convince him to send those symbols."

Hudson nodded. "Henderson, contact Bridger."

17 days Morning

West rose to the sound of the waves, like she did every morning for two and a half weeks now. She gathered up her dirty clothes, and took them down to the lagoon. She hid behind one of the huge rubber trees, and took off all her clothes. She waded into the water, and walked until she reached over her shoulders. She made her way to the waterfalls, at the far side of the inlet.

The sun was shining through the water and onto her shoulders, and by this time she had developed a healthy tan.

She took the clothes and ran them against the rocks, and with the constant pressure of the water, they usually got pretty clean. Sometimes she used her instant handwash to help clean them also.

Afterwards, she tied the clothes out to dry on the branches of the same rubber tree, and then washed herself under the falls.She came out of the water, and draped herself in a strange sarong dress she made out of one of the emergency blankets, using the tiny sewing kit she usually carried with her at all times.

She was walking away, gathering up her "laundry". Suddenly Brody appeared before her on the small dirt path. She dropped all that she had been carrying.

"Whoa," he cried, as they both leaned down to pick them up. He caught himself staring at her bare legs, flexing as she went up and down, gathering the small ball of clothing.

She caught his glance, and they both stood up. He was clutching to the small pile of kindling he had been carrying.

She moved in closer to him and pressed her chest against him. He moved his left arm up and down her arm, and then they kissed passionately. She ran her hands through her hair, some of the clothes now draped over his shoulder. He ran his hands across the blanket over her chest, and grabbed his hands into her back, and she loved the feeling of his lips against hers. She kissed his neck, and then they rejoined lips again.

They fell to their knees, he falling on top of her. They stopped and he kept himself suspended above her. They were breathing hard, and he slowly lowered himself on top of her, and she loved the feeling of his weight on her. He kissed her again, and then moved his soft lips down to her neck and ears. His hand moved up her leg, until she had him semi-straddled.

He moved the kisses down to her chest, and pulled down the blanket to reveal her chest, her nipples already somewhat erect. He teased them with his tongue, before finally taking one of her breasts in his mouth. She let out a cry of ecstasy, feelings in her groin and the pit of her stomach were growing, intensely, a longing and burning. His hand moved up the rest of the way to her inner thigh, and then just massaged the soft flesh. He released the breast, before moving onto the other one, however taking the abandoned nipple between his index finger and his thumb.

West let out another cry, when she felt a finger slip inside her. It started moving, building up a burning in her groin. A second finger joined the first, and she felt that she was going to explode. He kissed her on the lips again, and she grabbed his pants, and unbuttoned the top button.

"I want you, Jim, from the first moment I laid eyes on you," she said with her eyes closed.

"I've wanted you too. Shannon, look into my eyes."

She slowly opened her eyes to meet his, his was an intense gaze, and he knew exactly what he was doing to her.

The fingers thrust deeper each time, and now his thumb joined in, massaging her clitoris, peeking her cries every thrust. His gaze remained steady and hard, and he delighted in seeing the brightness in her eyes when the intensity of his fingers going deeper each time finally got to her, and she climaxed.

His fingers still rocked back and forth in her, helping along another orgasm. Waves shook her. She sat back for a moment, reliving the last few minutes. She then rolled on top of him, pressing her chest against him, and slowly lifted the tank top over his head, and he kicked off the rest of his pants and underpants.

He ripped off the rest of the fire blanket, revealing her figure. She grabbed onto him, and began moving her hand slowly up and down his penis. He writhed underneath her, but she caught the moans in her mouth when she kissed him. He rolled back on top of her, and the speed of her hand increased. He gasped in his throat, and when she felt him get really hard, she knew he was ready, and stopped.

She straddled him, and then with a quick motion, he entered her with an explosion of pleasure, and she cried into his ear. He hugged her, and started rocking in and out of her. He lowered his head to her chest, where he now started on her breasts again. He pulled out a little, then plunged back in, each time giving her that first sensation. All the tingling gathered and as the thrusts became more intense, she finally gave into her orgasm the same time as he did a huge surge of delight and pleasure. He still rocked back and forth in her, helping along a second orgasm for them both. She shuddered with the wake of her first but then the sensation grew again, causing a second explosion as well. Reaching his climax, he lowered himself on her.

After wards, he rolled next to her and she curled up on his muscular chest, and closed her eyes. He ran his fingers through her hair, and she tightened a tiny fist, and let it stroke his chest.

Neither of them said anything.

SQ, 1030

3/13/2032

"Lucas, you know how dangerous it could be if these codes fell into the wrong hands."

"I know, sir, I know you're reasons, but this is an emergency. Two of our crew are missing. Sir- Brody is missing."

With that said, Bridger hesitated. His eyes blinked, and he looked at his PDA again. "Alright Lucas, I'll send you the translation. But..", he moved closer to the camera. "MUST delete all this after the translation. I'm sending it…now," he said, pressing a few buttons beneath the screen.

Lucas exhaled. "Thank you, sir"

The screen went blank.


******
"Captain, all the symbols are coming in now," Henderson said, looking over her console.

"Good. Mr. Wolenczak, how fast can you have that translated?"

"Sir there must be hundreds of symbols here, and matching them all up…well it isn't going to be easy. I have no clue."

"That's a first," Hudson whispered under his breath.

Island
One month, 6 days

West sat on the beach. It was in the early evening and the sun was going down, leaving beautiful streaks of blue, orange and pink. She had wrapped herself in the other fire blankets, they had brought. She was watching Brody coming out of the surf after swimming. She smiled to herself, watching his tall muscular physique climbing out of the surf, still modest in front of her, wearing his underwear and pants which he had cut down to shorts.

He looked at her, and sat down next to her, drying off his hair by rubbing his hand briskly through the light brown strands.

He uncomfortably put his arm around her, and she leaned into his shoulder. Her hair was down and free, something he liked on her. Since they made love, he had become a bit withdrawn.

She kissed him on his face, and he smiled back at her.

The sun eventually sank down, revealing the inky curtain of heaven. They had now perfected the shelter, creating a bed suspended from the ceiling, which made it easier for both of them to sleep.

Tonight, he climbed in first, and then she lay down on top of him, in "spoons" position. She took out the book of poetry she had stashed in her ops bag, and read it to him.

He slowly moved his hand down the front of her shirt, and she flipped over, resting her chin on his chest and tracing invisible paths with her fingers.

His light brown hair had become a bit shaggy and grown out,cut only mildly with the small bandage scissors that were in the first aid kit. He scooped her up further in his arms, and she straddled him with her hips, as he lightly kissed her on her neck and worked his way down her whole body.

She felt his hands tighten on the sarong, and she stopped. "Jim hold on…I can't keep losing clothes," and with that she slipped the sarong off, leaving her only in her underwear.

He tossed it on the floor, and proceeded to go up and down her body. He kissed her through her underwear, and then moved back up, loving how his breath made her quiver, and how she felt and looked when he kissed her. She got him on his back again, and fully straddled him. She sighed happily as she lowered herself on him, feeling him filling her.

He kissed her hands, which became tingly. She moaned now, grabbing his hair and rubbing her hands across his broad back. She hugged her chest to him, and began rocking back and forth. He met her thrusts, arching his back. She wanted him deeper, and loved having him inside.

"Jim", she uttered.

"West, I love you," he breathlessly whispered.

She stopped for a moment, not expecting to hear that.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

She looked at him, resting her chin on his chest. "I just didn't expect that," she replied, wiping away a tear.

He flipped her over. "I mean it. I love you, Shannon."

She just kissed him again, and they starting rocking again. She wrapped her arms around his chest, and slowly the passion began to burn in her. It became more and more intense, as he increased the pressure. She was being slowly driven out of her mind- it became too intense, and the waves of orgasm stayed with her, lingering.

He lay down, exhausted. His fingers then found their way onto her stomach, tracing her belly button.

She looked down and laughed. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." he said, looking at her innocently. His fingers traced down to her groin, and his fingers disappeared in between her legs. She felt them slip inside of her, and she couldn't believe she had just been with someone, because she needed him again. His fingers first moved slowly inside her, in and out of her, first softly but then quickly harder and deeper. She moaned slightly when he withdrew, but was relieved when he returned. His thumb pressed slightly on her clitoris, shooting shocks of pleasure through her. He continued the rhythm, until she collapsed.

SQ,
11303/13/2032

Lucas ran another search through the database. Something had to be missing- nothing matched this particular symbol. It was scattered all through the encryption's, yet he hadn't run across it in the library yet.

"Wolenczak, have you come to anything yet."

"Yes, sir. Several scattered images, but I haven't figured out all the gaps yet. I have so far, some kind of peninsula, obvious," he said pointing to some squiggly lines. "The ocean. Ah, here- sand and a volcano. The volcano could just be representing the magma bursts, but we can't draw any real conclusions until I have some steady stream of translation."

Hudson clapped Lucas on the shoulder. "Keep up the good work- we'll have this solved eventually."

"Sir, before you go, I've noted that since Brody and West disappeared, there has been no extra seismic activity in the area," O'Neill said, staring at his screen.

"Good," Hudson said, "Let's hope it stays that way."

Island
Two months, 16 days

West woke up, feeling nauseous. A pang of fear spread through her. Could she be pregnant? She tried to think back to her last IHC injection. It was May, so it was 2 weeks overdue.

'Oh no'..she thought, running to the edge of the water and vomiting. She wiped her mouth off. Brody had gone swimming, so at least she had some time to figure out how she was going to tell him. She washed her mouth out and headed over to the lagoon, where she saw Jim swimming underneath the water.

Despite her worry, she couldn't help developing a grin, watching his great physique cut through the water like a knife. He truly was beautiful.

"Hey!" he called.

"Good morning," she said to him. She took off her slip and waded into the water, and joined him swimming. She kissed him on the lips, then held his head.

"What's wrong?" he asked, concerned.

She held him close, her eyes still closed. "I'm pregnant," she stated solemnly.

He stayed silent for a moment, then exhaled.

She opened up one of her eyes to look at his face.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes…I'm two weeks overdue for IHC shot."

A small smile crept along his face. "Don't worry, everything is going to work out," he said, as he hugged her.

"Thank you," she whispered in his ear.

SQ, 1430, 3/13/2032

"O'Neill", Lucas proclaimed as he walked over to the man's console. "I finally found out what this means. It means 'death'. It's a huge part of whatever happened 100 years ago. Another thing I can't figure out is why they are from the past. The aliens didn't reveal themselves until about 10 years ago. Could the government been hiding something back then? And why manipulate these magma pockets?"

"I don't know, but we better figure out something soon. If we don't it cold be a huge problem, who knows if well ever see them again. The Captain is getting really worried, and if another explosion happens, we might be stuck here"

"Captain...", Lucas started, "I think we should send one of the crabs down, I want to see this probe up close, and we can't risk sending another man down."

"Do it."

Three months, 17 days

West and Brody decided they should get the two specs together. They followed the path down from where West had walked. She was showing little in her stomach, but it wasn't very significant. They dragged Brody's spec out of the sunlight, to brace the shelter against it. Brody was pushing, and West, who was feeling a bit weak, pulled as hard as she could on the front of the vessel. Finally giving way, the ship skidded over the sand. They had dragged the other one already down the beach, covered them up with huge branches. It had already been bleached out by the sun, but Brody thought most of the systems were salvageable.

Then, as they looked back on the ground, they saw it. A strange figure lying underneath the sand.

"Jim, look!" cried West, pointing down at the mound. Brody jumped next to the figure and helped dig it out. He cleared away more and more sand, until finally a white smooth surface was uncovered. He cleared away more sand from the base, and found string back at them, a horrible white skull.

It wasn't human.

"Oh, my god," Brody proclaimed as he found shreds of fabric all around the skeleton. They had UEO patches on the shoulders.

"They're UEO", West muttered. Near the left arm was a leatherbound book, and Jim opened it up, finding beige pieces of paper inside. He read them quickly, the corners wavering in the wind.

West, curious sat down next to him. "These are all dated 2238. It seems that he was from the future-they were scientists for the fleet working with the Hyperion aliens. It seems they found some way to bend the time/space continuum, and somehow, in the middle of one of the experiments, one of the volcanic eruptions happened, and…"

"They ended up here," West finished.

"It seems they couldn't get back, all their equipment was busted. They knew they were going to die here, and since it seems very important that their remains be recovered. It seems one of their families had all their members wiped out in the war, and vowed to always recover each other. They had no way to communicate, so they set up a trigger device, I assume the probe, so that whoever was near could be brought here. They were probably stuck in the past, which explains why were here now."

West nodded. "The only source of energy they could have was the magma…"

Brody and Shannon proceeded to uncover the bodies, which there ended up being 3 of. They buried them, and lit a small fire in tribute.

SQ 1500 hours
3/13/2032

"Lucas, take it down about three clicks," Ford spoke softly through the headset.

Lucas remained calm at his console, displaying the debris on the bottom of the ocean, including the metal base of the probe. The designs on the outside were more and more complex, until they came up the center.

Lucas' eyes widened. "Sir…"

"What?" replied an annoyed Hudson.

"You've GOT to see this…its UEO."

In a few minutes Hudson was sighing as he looked over Lucas' shoulder. "My god", he muttered, as he moved away from the eerie blue image of the UEO insignia.



7 months, 20 days

Brody and West were laying on the beach. Brody was on the bottom, and West was lying on top, her rounded abdomen towards the sky, Brody's hands holding onto her stomach. He had his legs wrapped around hers, and they were watching the sunset.

"Jim, do you think we will ever get back to Seaquest?" she said, straying her eyes away from the orange clouds to the corners, to get a glimpse at him.

He sighed close to her ear. "I don't know. I don't know what were going to do with the baby."

"It is beautiful here," Shannon said, gesturing to the white sand, the crystal blue water and the birds perched on a mango tree.

"You know," Brody started, "I remember seeing that movie 'The Blue Lagoon' when I was younger, I was fascinated. I mean, but then I always wondered what happened to the kid after the second movie, who would he live with?"

Shannon frowned. "That's true".



SQ, 1600
3/13/2032

"How in the world could it be UEO?" asked Ford, with his arms crossed, serious look.

"Well, I ran a test on the metal, and it is an unknown polymer strand. Sir, I don't think this could be UEO, at least not from now," said Lucas, now very frustrated.

"What if it is? What if these are throwbacks from the Hyperion aliens?"

Lucas sighed. "How could it be? The UEO didn't even exist 100 years ago…"

"I want my people back, we can sort out the rest of the mess later." stated the Captain.

Suddenly, O'Neill jumped up. "Ah- HAH!"

"What is it Mr. O'Neill?" said Hudson, turning his head towards the strange young man.

"The computer finally finished the translation!" Tim said, quickly carrying the PDA over to Lucas' console and finished the upload.

"It turns out…these are notes…in Hyperion," he said slyly.

"Hyperion?" Loni asked, looking over her terminal.

"Yep. They date 2238."

"2238?"

"Yes, it seems that they were some kind of Hyperion/UEO scientists. They were working on a way to reverse most of the pollution created by the downfall of Macronesia…and ended up doing most experiments with timefolds. It seems that one of the magma pockets opened up during one of the most critical points in the run, and they ended up 100 years in the past. In order for their teammates to know what happened, they planted a whole computer/trigger system in the volcanic wake. It seems that we stumbled on it, and bham. Our people fell to the same fate."

"O'Neill get to the point…how do we get them back?"

Tim sighed. "Well…there is still a bit of data coming in. I bet that has it."

"I hope so…" Ford said, walking away.



15 months, 13 days

West and Brody were walking through the stream, holding the small boy, which had come 6 months ago. She had started labor around midnight,and by the next day's morning she had given birth to a beautiful boy, which was healthy, from what they could gather.

Brody could not have been happier. He loved the child from the very first minutes, and had decided to give it a noble name, Nathan, after the Captain who was responsible for him being on the Seaquest in the first place.

Shannon loved it.

The small boy could crawl on his own now, and Jim had ripped up most of his shirt to make the boys reusable diapers.

"Look, Nate, it's a little fishy. Where we come from there are great big fish and we live under the water with them."

The boy had blond blond hair, and Shannon explained how blond she was when she was little. Jim said he had been too.



SQ, 1800, 3/13/2032

Tim removed his frames and massaged the bridge of his nose, now with small welts on either side. He had set up a sub directory, which was streaming and translating the dialect as it was coming in.

"What can we possibly do now?" Ford said, jumping up from one of the chairs and impatiently pacing.

Henderson came up from behind him and grabbed his shoulder. "It's going to be okay", she whispered into his ear.

He placed his hand on hers, and looked doubtful.



20 months, 7 days

Shannon laughed as she watched naked Nathan frolic in the sea foam, early in the morning. She couldn't believe that all this had happened. Jim slowly rose inside the shelter, and smiled as he saw his son's form dropping into the sand.

The little boy came running up to West, as he was scarped his knee on a rough patch of shells just on the shoreline.

Later in the afternoon, Brody and Nate had built a massives and castle, using the emptied out First Aid Kit. Brody cut his hair using a collection of sharp shells they had found in the lagoon, so it was short but shaggy.

Shannon walked to the entrance of the shelter, and hugged her legs as she sat down.

She didn't want to leave. Jim and Nate started on a walk down the beach, and Shannon hurried to join them. Brody put his arm around her, and Nate stumbled along.



SQ, 1830, 3/13/2032

"Yes, yes, yes, Comander, it's done. It says that the program is self-activating, and cannot be tampered with to start again. I say we have to give it a hell of a buildup, we can do that with the front lasers."

"Do it," Hudson ordered bluntly.

"Yes, sir, I just have to make a few adjustments."

Later the same day…

Nate fell asleep inside the shelter, and West had brought out a huge pile of driftwood she had collected for the fire. Her outfits had been narrowed down to a sarong and her bra, or the sarong and pieces of fabric draped up and pinned in order to cover her.

As she set down the huge pile, Jim looked up from the fire. "You really look beautiful, I know I haven't told you that often since Nate was born, but you do."

"Oh, you're just saying that," she answered, lying out on the sand. Her sun-streaked hair fell about her shoulders and her legs had become tanned and muscled.

Jim stood up, his beautiful muscular body flexing as he walked towards her. He lay down next to her, lying his chest down on the sand. He propped his head up with his elbow, and she looked over at him slyly.

"I know what that look means."

A devilish grin spread across his face, and he came up to her lips and his brown eyes burned into her. They kissed and she rolled onto him. She then stood up right away, leaving Jim propped on his elbows, his chest heaving.

She giggled as she ran into the water, peeling off clothes along the way.

"Oh, you!" he said, running after her.

She broke into laugher, as he dived into the water. They both were underwater and naked after he took off his "shorts". She swam towards him, and the waves were now pounding over them. They met underwater, and in an embrace, came floating up to the surface.

They stood there, hugging for a few minutes. They then kissed feverishly, and he scooped her up and carried her to the sand. He lay down on top of her, and he ran his hand up and down her hips. He held up her leg against him, and he massaged her breasts. He ran his mouth, kissing and open along her neck, down to her chest and then met with her breasts, and she gasped.

Shots of pleasure went through her as his tongue flicked her erect nipple, and then she moved on top of him. She took him in her mouth, and he held onto her shoulders. He moaned and lay against the ground, his hips gyrating. She stopped when she knew he was coming close. He groaned in protest as she stopped and rolled on top of her. He held himself suspended above her as he teased her.

"Jim, please..now!"

He slowly entered her, and she felt nothing but pure bliss. She wrapped her arms around his powerful back, and loved hugging his chest to hers. He started off smooth and slow, slowly building up a fire within her.

She began to move her hips with his, meeting him, and loved when he pulled out, and returned again, each time filling her with a new level of ecstasy. She was mounting closer and closer, until finally he cried out, and she felt his orgasm, and it triggered hers. It was a huge explosion of happiness, and she sighed with relief.

He then stayed inside her, moving ever so slightly and helping along a second and then third orgasm within her. She sighed with relief, and they fell asleep.



SQ, 1900, 3/13/2032

"Sir I have modified the lasers and they are good to go, all we need is the exact location of the target," Henderson stated.

"I'm sending those coordinates to your console now. I'm pasting them from the coordinated right from the text, if they are even a little bit off, who knows what could happen," Lucas said bluntly.

"Receiving coordinates now, and they are programmed." Hudson smirked.

"Fire"

The ship shook ever so slightly.

"Sir I'm reading a massive buildup in the magma below the surface."

"Keep going Lieutenant."

Lucas looked up. "Captain, the probe is re-activating."

The next day…

"Well I was thinking we could maybe go down to the creek this afternoon and then. What the hell is that?' Brody asked.

"I don't know...Jim!" Shannon proclaimed, holding Nathan close. "What's happening?" she screamed, as their skin began to turn a bright bright blue.

*****

"Sir, I'm reading some kind of vessels. It's the Specters."

Brody and West, with Nathan found themselves inside their own specters, moving uncontrollably through the water.

"Jim!" Shannon yelled through her communicator. "What happened, are we back?"

"I think so…yes. There she is."

Shannon looked out her window. There was the Seaquest.

"Welcome back…" came Hudson's voice over the system.

"Thank you, sir. Sir, what's the date?" Brody asked.

Hudson looked questionably at the officers around him. "It's March 13th. You've been missing for 11 hours."

"11 HOURS?" West and Brody both proclaimed. Nathan started to halfcry and half complain.

"What was that?" Hudson asked.

"It's a long story. Docking now."

*****

Brody, West and Nathan were escorted onto the Bridge. They were met with glances of confusion. Half-naked, heavily tanned, with a child.

"Brody, its great…" Ford started towards them, then slowed when he saw the child. Shannon picked him up and rocked him gently.

Jim looked at his family uncomfortably. "Everyone, this is Nathan. Nathan Brody."

"It seems you had some time flux. Another anomaly with the probe was that it was programmed for the amount of time they spent on the island, and for some reason, time went by much quicker for you two…even to have…" Ford cleared his throat as he looked at Shannon. "Others…"

Henderson had taken Nathan for a tour of the ship after they had gotten dressed and showered.

"We aren't embarrassed. We love our son and are going to take care of him." Shannon said, and then Hudson cleared his throat. She looked wide-eyed over at him. "If that's okay with you sir."

May 1, 2032

Shannon was packing up her things, picking up Brody's picture, and couldn't hold back some of the tears. There was a beep at the door, and she finished putting Nathan's socks on. "Daddy", he said, pointing at the smiling picture of Jim.

Shannon paused. "Yes, Honey. Please come in."

Loni walked through the door. "Hey buddy," she proclaimed as she saw Nathan on the bed.

"Hello, Loni," Shannon said coldly.

"Hi…I want to tell you again how sorry I am."

"I don't need your apologies. I just have to find out how to raise my son now, without a father. I just want to feel fortunate I even knew him for a little while."

"Where are you going to go?"

"I'm resigning. I've had enough of Macronesia," West said, walking, looking at the ocean through the windows.

"We're going to go live by Jim's grandparents. They want to see Nathan, that's all they have left."

Tears started down Loni's face. Shannon noticed. "I wish you wouldn't cry. I'm the one who has to go without the most wonderful man I've ever known. Save your tears, please."

With that, Nathan stepped out of the quarters, followed by West with all her bags.



-30-