Elf Snippet For Chance

by Karel

A little something in a blatant attempt to get Chance to post more tonight. But she better hurry, 'cause I've got to get to bed soon.
******

Robert whipped out a gun from his side pack. "Stay right there, Lucas. I would hate to have to shoot you in front of dear old dad."

"Robert ?" Bridger took a step towards him, surprise in his eyes, confusion on his face. "What are you doing ? Is this some kind of joke ?"

"Don't you see, Dad, he's jealous of me, of us and our relationship," Robert whined. "He wants you all to himself and wishes I had stayed dead, don't you, Lucas ?" As Lucas rose, indignation on his face, ready to defend himself from this accusation, Robert gave him a smile that did not reach his eyes and sighted the barrel of the gun on the teen. Lucas dropped quickly back down the ground, his eyes looking for a hiding spot, some protection.

Satisfied that the teen was fully convinced that the threat was valid, Robert turned slightly to where Bridger was frozen in one spot, mind whirling, unable to comprehend the scene taking place in front of him.

"Every thing will be fine, Dad, as long as you cooperate. We're going to go back to the boat and you're going to use seaQuest's lasers to make mincemeat out of the reef. If your crew behaves themselves, I might let the dear boy here live." Holding the gun with one hand, he grabbed Lucas' air mask and threw it behind him into the pool where it started sinking slowly. " I understand the tide comes in quickly. How long can you hold your breath, Lucas ?"


Karel