BLOOD BROTHERS

By Melissa

The story of SQ/Halloween crossover.

Alright, I changed some "Halloween" canon for this, but not too much. Basically, this fic is based on what happened in the first movie, and not the others, so any information that was revealed in later sequels will not be addressed in this story, though I am using the 2nd movie canon of Laurie being Michael's estranged sister. Anyways, I've assumed some things, and changed other things.

First, what I am changing. That fateful Halloween night did not happen in 1978, rather 2008, and Michael murdered his older sister in 1993. Laurie Strode was adopted, though that could be true, but I'm not sure. The Myers later divorced, which is not for certain, but I am adding in the fic. I also named his father.

As for what's the same, the events of the movie and the backstory behind Michael have not been changed.

If you haven't seen the movie, it could be a problem, but I'm trying my best to not make it a requirement for the fic. Well, I hope everything is clear. Oh, I'm assuming that the year is 2018 in the fic, and of course, it's Halloween time. So, you confused yet?

Um, this is mainly your run of the mill horror...blood, blood, and more blood...hehe...but don't worry I don't get too graphic, and there really isn't any bloodshed in this section.

Disclaimer: I do not own seaQuest or "Halloween", I'm just borrowing them for some fun. Don't sue me, because all you'll probably get is a toothbrush and a bag of cotton balls.



BLOOD BROTHERS
By Melissa


The week before, seaQuest had been docked in New Cape Quest for a couple days shore leave. Reluctantly, Lucas went to visit his mother and her new boyfriend, not wanting to intrude on any of his friends' plans.

[The week before]

Cynthia and Steve entered the house, laughing hysterically, both completely drunk. Lucas sighed, it had been a horrible week. His mother had completely "forgot" about his arrival, and showed up seven hours late, which he had spent sitting on the backporch in the chilly fall air.

Steve was an idiot, and about fifteen years younger than his mother. He insisted on calling Lucas, Luke, and he constantly ruffled Lucas' hair like he was five years old. Lucas had a feeling that Steve saw more in his mother than a person to have a good time with. More like the hefty savings account at the New Cape Quest City Bank.

"Hey there Luke." Steve slurred, staggering into the living room. "What'd ya watchin'?"

"Nothing." Lucas responded, his attention focused on the television screen.

"What da hell is zis?" He asked, sitting heavily next to Lucas on the couch.

"It's called The Learning Channel, it's a documentary on the King George, and I'm sure you have better things to do than watch this." Lucas was hoping Steve would get the hint.

Steve laughed loudly, his breath making Lucas' eyes water from the strong stench of assorted hard liquors. "Let's see what's on the sports channel." He finally stated, reaching for the remote.

Lucas jerked it away from Steve's grasp. "No, I'm watching this. Why don't you go upstairs and watch the television up there?"

"But then I couldn't spend quality time with my son." He patted Lucas on the head.

Lucas looked at Steve, trying to figure out what he was talking about. He wasn't Steve's son. Just as he opened his mouth to respond, his mother walked in, and his eyes fell to her left hand. A rather large diamond ring was on her finger, the gem sparkling in the dim light of the living room. "You're getting married?" He forced out.

"Yep." Steve answered, putting his arm around Lucas' neck, pulling him closer, and rubbing his head with his knuckles.

"And when were you planing to tell me?" He asked once he had gotten away from Steve.

"Does it matter? It's not like we see each other everyday." Cynthia finally said.

Lucas was taken back by his mother's cold answer. "It matters, just because you don't call, doesn't mean I don't care that my mother is getting married a second time."

"Third time." She corrected as she sat next to Steve on the couch.

"What?" His mind was racing with possibilities. What did she mean by the third time?

"I was married once before your father."

"Who?" Lucas asked, hoping his mother would keep her guard down for a few more seconds.

"Um, John...John Myers."

"Why didn't you tell me about this before?"

"And there was Judith, but Michael killed her. Laurie was my last, but we were having problems at the time, and I certainly couldn't take care of her at that time, so the Strodes adopted her..." Cynthia rambled on, her voice lowering.

"What?"

"Your sister, Laurie. She was killed a few years ago in a car accident."

"My sister?" He asked, stunned.

Unexpectedly, his mother stood. "Don't ever mention this in my house again.!" She yelled before exiting the room. Steve followed her, kissing her neck, trying to calm her down.

[Present]

Lucas hadn't really believed his mother at the time, she *had* been drunk, but once he had returned to seaQuest, he changed his mind. A conversation with Ortiz and Krieg had prompted him not to be so hasty in ignoring his mother's comments.

[Two days earlier]

"Hey Lucas, so how was your shore leave?" Ben asked, sitting next to the teenager in the mess hall.

"It was alright." He replied, refusing to go into further detail. Lucas was not about to tell his friends he had spent his vacation in front of the television in an empty house. "What'd you do?" Lucas knew Krieg would jump at the opportunity to tell about his shore leave adventures.

"It was great! I spent the first few days hanging out at..." Krieg droned on, his voice lowering when he got to the good parts, so only his friends could hear what had happened.

Lucas sat there, half listening, his thoughts drifting back to his mother's drunken comments. He jumped when Ben poked his arm.

Lucas? You listening?" His voice sounded a little hurt.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I was just thinking."

"About what?" Krieg asked, curious.

"Nothing important."

"From the look on your face when Ben poked you, I'd say you were thinking about more than nothing." Ortiz added.

Ben laughed. "You afraid I was the bogeyman? or Michael Myers out to get you?" He teased.

"Michael Myers?" He repeated.

"Yeah, crazy physco who killed a bunch of people one Halloween night about ten years ago." Miguel explained.

"Killed?" Lucas croaked out. His mother had mentioned a Michael, and something about him killing someone named Judith, and his mother's last name had been Myers.

"You've never heard of the Halloween Massacre of Illinois?" Krieg asked, astonished.

"No, what happened?"

A glint of mischief danced in Krieg's eyes as he began to tell his version of the events that cold October night. "Well, you see. Michael Myers had killed his older sister when he was a kid, and they locked him up for it. Said he was a lunatic. But fifteen years later he escaped, and went back to his hometown. The thing is, he had a younger sister...what was her name?" Ben paused, trying to think. "Ah, I can't think of it at the moment...was it Laura Strum? Linda Stredney?"

"Laurie Strode?" Lucas asked, his voice tight.

"Yeah, that's it!" Ben looked over at Lucas, making a face. "And I thought you never heard this story?"

"I haven't, well, at least not the details." He quickly answered, urging Ben to continue.

Krieg made another face, but decided to finish the story. "Well, he finally found her, and one night, while she was baby-sitting, he tried to kill her. A few of her friends had been visiting across the street, and he killed them first. Then, he went after her. But, his doctor showed up just in time to shoot him a few times before he could kill her."

Lucas blew out the breath he had been holding. At least he was dead.

"But the thing is," Ben began, his voice low, "They never found his body."

"He's not dead?" Lucas wasn't sure if he wanted to hear the answer.

"Nope." Ben grinned, proud to see the frightened expression on Lucas' face. But when Lucas didn't respond for a few seconds, Krieg felt a little guilty for telling him the story. "Hey, there's not proof it's the truth."

"And there's no proof it isn't." He said, realization dawning on him. There was a possibility that what his mother had told him *was* the truth. Shaking himself from his thoughts, he looked at Ben. "Do you know who his parents were?"

"No." Ben answered, a confused look on his face.

"I gotta go." Lucas stood up abruptly, picking up his tray and almost running out of the mess hall, a rather large task ahead of him.

[Present]

"I think rather large was an understatement." He told himself, scanning Michael's medical records.

He had found documentation of Laurie's adoption, and his mother's previous marriage. It had been somewhat difficult, since she had changed her name to Cynthia Holt a few years after Judith's death. John Myers had died of cancer a few years earlier, and Laurie had died in the mentioned car accident five years ago, the fifteeth anniversary of Judith's death and fifth anniversary of the killings. Now, he sat, trying to find someone who he could talk with about his family's past.

"Warren County Sanitarium, Dr. Sam Loomis, clinical psychiatrist. Studied Michael for 15 years..." Lucas trailed off, reading Loomis' personal history. From what he learned, the man was highly respected in his field, until Michael's case. In one statement, Loomis had called Michael evil itself. Lucas knew what he had to do, he had to contact Dr. Sam Loomis.

*******

Lucas waited patiently for Loomis to answer the vid-link, trying to think of what he wanted to say. He fidgeted with his hands, nervous.

After what seemed like hours, a man answered the vid-link. He looked to be in his late sixties, a little overweight and completely bald. "Hello? How can I help you?"

"Hi, um, my name is Lucas Wolenczak, and I'm calling about one of your patients..."

"I'm sorry, I retired a few years ago, I haven't treated anyone for quite some time." He interrupted.

"I'm calling about a former patient." Lucas hesitated, not sure how to put what he wanted to say into words. "I'm calling about Michael Myers." He heard the intake of air, and saw the light change in Loomis' eyes.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you." Loomis finally replied coldly. He reached to terminate the call.

"No! Wait! I need some information." Lucas pleaded.

Something in the teenager's eyes made Loomis change his mind about ending the call. "What do you need to know?" He asked, studying the teenager closely.

"I need to know if Michael Myers is still alive."

Loomis glanced down at his desk, sighing. "That is a question I ask myself everyday." His voice held a note of sadness, and guilt. "I'll be truthful son, I don't know."

Lucas swallowed. This was not news he wanted to hear.

"Why do you want to know?" Loomis asked, suspicious.

Lucas fumbled with an explanation. "I was, ah, doing some research. I came across your name, and thought I'd give you a call." He looked down sheepishly, feeling terrible about not telling the man the entire story.

Loomis shook his head. He had studied people long enough to tell when someone was hiding something. "What aren't you telling me?"

Lucas looked up quickly. "I, ah, I..." He took a breath, licking his lips, preparing to drop the bombshell on Loomis. "I believe that Michael Myers is my half brother." There, he had said it.

Loomis smiled, a small chuckle escaping. "I'm sorry, but that's impossible. Laurie was the last of the Myers blood, and she died five years ago. I think you're mistaken."

"No." Lucas responded, shaking his head. "My mother is Cynthia Holt...er, Sarah Myers. I found documentation of her name change, and Laurie's adoption, and the divorce."

Loomis' smiled dropped suddenly. "I was not aware that she had had any more children."

"She and my father, Larwrence Wolenczak, divorced a few years back, I was their only child."

"I was not aware that she had had any more children." Loomis repeated, his tone very angry. "I knew she married Wolenczak, but I didn't know...you." He gestured at Lucas with his hand. Loomis' eyes suddenly grew distant, realization of Michael's disappearance making sense. "He couldn't die, his job wasn't...isn't finished."

"Excuse me?" Lucas asked.

"There was a burglary last month at the UEO records office."

"I know. They think it was just a prank because nothing was stolen." Lucas interrupted.

"No, it was him. It was Michael, and now he knows where you are." Loomis replied, his voice tense.

"What makes you think he even knows about me?"

"He knows. He always has."

"What?" He croaked. Suddenly, the room seemed to grow cold, goose bumps breaking out on Lucas' body, and a shiver cascading down his spine. This was not going as he expected.

"Do you really think Laurie's accident was really an 'accident'? Her car ran off a country road. The gas tank was punctured, and from any details I've read, I'm guessing Laurie didn't cause that one small spark. And if you hadn't noted, it happened on the twentieth anniversary of Judith's murder, and the fifth anniversary of the murders."

"You think?" The temperature in the room fell again.

"Michael was there. Michael killed Laurie, and if what you are telling me is true, you are next on his list. This Halloween makes the twenty fifth anniversary."

Lucas sat there, unable to respond for a few seconds. Loomis' words were overwhelming, almost suffocating. Michael Myers? After him? But he was on seaQuest, and seaQuest had security. "I don't think he'll find me here."

"Where are you?" Loomis asked. He knew it was one of the worst questions he could ask the boy, but he had to find out where Lucas was. Especially, if he were to protect the teen.

"SeaQuest." He answered blankly.

"A submarine?" His head swarmed with questions. What was a kid doing on the UEO's flagship? Where were his parents? Was the kid telling the truth? And if he was, could Michael get on the ship? Loomis sighed, Michael could, and would.

"Yeah, seaQuest." He repeated, his mind not registering just what an unusual situation it was. He was focusing on more important issues. "I don't see how he'll get onto the ship. Security is pretty tight..."

"You are like all the others." Loomis retorted angrily. "You underestimate him. Don't you see? Michael is not human, he isn't subject to the rules you and I follow."

"Then what is he?" Lucas asked, interested to hear the doctor's response.

"He is evil. Pure evil."

"That's impossible..."

"You think? Well then, do you think a man could live after a round of live ammunition penetrates his body? Do you think a man could live after a two story fall? Do you think a man could live after killing half a dozen people? Michael Myers is not human by any standards, and never ever forget that."

"How can you be sure he will come after me?" A small glint of hope shone in the teenager's eyes.

"He's Michael Myers. He can do whatever he wants." Loomis watched as the light of hope darkened, fear replacing it.

*******

"Come in!" Bridger called when a gentle knock echoed on his metal door.

The door opened slowly, Lucas standing nervously in the doorway. He was fidgeting with his fingers, his eyes not meeting the Captain's.

"Can I help you?" Bridger asked, thinking Lucas was visiting to ask for some kind of teenage favor.

"Uh, Captain." Lucas replied, stepping inside the room and closing the door softly behind him. "Uh." He glanced up, giving Bridger a quick, weak smile. He didn't know how to say he believed a psyco serial killer to be his half brother, and that the guy was planning to make Lucas his next victim. And Lucas was starting to doubt the truth to the situation. It was almost as if his life had turned into some bad B-movie. Maybe he was making connections that weren't there, but there was physical documentation to backup what he was about to tell Bridger. But at the last moment he decided to do the typical teenage thing, and let someone else explain. "I, uh...there's someone on the vid-link who needs to talk to you." Lucas hurriedly said.

Bridger studied the teenager a moment. Something was obviously wrong. He was about to respond, when Lucas crossed the room and punched a button on the vid-link. An older man appeared on the screen, his face very serious. "Can I help you?" Bridger asked.

"Captain Bridger, I must request that you allow me to board your ship for a few days."

"What? Why?" He looked from the man to Lucas, confused.

"You didn't tell him?" Loomis asked, looking over at Lucas who was standing in the far background.

Lucas just shook his head, focusing his attention on the floor when Bridger looked at him for an answer.

Loomis sighed. "Captain," Bridger turned to face the man once again. "My name is Doctor Samuel Loomis. Currently, I am retired, but a few years back I was a clinical psychiatrist for the Warren County Sanitarium. Mr. Wolenczak contacted me about an hour ago with an interesting story. I'm sure you remember the Halloween massacre in Illinois about ten years ago?"

Nathan nodded his head slowly.

"I am also sure that you are familiar with the name Michael Myers?"

"Yes, but I don't see..."

"It seems that this young man believes that Myers is his half brother."

Bridger found himself speechless. This had to be some kind of joke. "Lucas?" He asked, noting that the teenager was not meeting his gaze.

"During shore leave, my mother made a comment about being married before my father, so I did some digging." He paused, knowing that Bridger would be able to understand his reasoning from the statement. Lucas had vaguely remembered something about the killings. though the only thing that seemed to stand out from that time period was that he hadn't been allowed to watch much television, and his mother had been rather...distant.

"Why do you need to come aboard seaQuest?"

Loomis was quiet, looking to Lucas to answer the question. But when the teenager made no indications of speaking, Sam answered. "That night, ten years ago, Michael disappeared. He had tried to kill Laurie Strode, and it was later discovered that she was his estranged sister, adopted by a young couple at birth. He didn't succeed, until five years ago." Loomis explained his view of the accident, his opinion of Michael Myers, and what had happened that night ten years before. "So you see Captain, if what this boy is telling me is true, his life is in danger. Halloween is in a week, and so is the twenty fifth anniversary of Judith Myers' death. I believe that he was the one to break into the UEO's records office, and I also believe that Wolenczak is next on his list."

"Have you told anyone else your beliefs on this...situation."

Loomis looked down at his desk, then back at Bridger, his expression stony. "People stopped listening to me twenty five years ago, I tried to warn them about Michael, but everyone thought I was being over-dramatic. Even with everything that happened, I do not have much of a reputation anymore." He voice was defeated, each word holding an unbelievable amount of pain and guilt.

Bridger was quiet a few moments, before he turned to the teenager standing a few feet behind him. "Is this true?" He asked.

Lucas nodded his head, meeting Nathan's eyes. "Yes."

Nathan could see the plead for him to believe pouring out of the teen's eyes. He knew Lucas well enough to tell if he was lying, and from the boy's demeanor, Bridger guessed that this was not some prank. "Dr. Loomis, do you live near New Cape Quest?"

"I still live in Illinois, but I can take the next plane out of town. I guess I stayed in hopes of finding Michael again." He explained.

"Good, I will send a transport out tomorrow to meet you at the docks."

"Thank you Captain." Loomis replied, ending the transmission. Dr. Samuel Loomis was going to get a second chance at confronting Michael Myers.

*******

"Why didn't you come to me first? You know I'm always here to listen." Bridger gently scolded Lucas. The teen was sitting on Nathan's bunk, not making eye contact.

"I'm sorry, but this was something I needed to find out for myself. Besides, I didn't think my mother was even serious about being married before." Lucas looked up at Bridger, standing. "Um, I'm going to see what else I can dig up before Loomis arrives."

"No, I think you better join me as I inform the senior crew of our coming visitor."

Lucas didn't want Bridger telling them about Michael. He still felt a little foolish for bringing it up, and the situation seemed to fiction-like to be true. "I, ah..." He trailed off.

"I can understand you not wanting to tell them about this situation, but if this is true, I think they at least deserve to know." Nathan was also wrestling with the truth to the situation. He too felt like this was some kind of twisted story from an old horror movie. "For now, we'll look over the information you dug up, and see where we can take it from there." He gave the teenager a reassuring smile before walking over to the comms unit to call the senior crew to the wardroom.

*******

Loomis hurried around his small one story home, stuffing assorted items into a small duffel bag. His flight left in an hour. He passed the window, glancing outside into the darkness.

He went into the bathroom, gathering some personal items from the medicine cabinet. A small thud came from outside, but it didn't register in his mind. Loomis was busy thinking about other things.

Ten minutes later he was ready to leave. Grabbing his car keys from the key holder, he opened the front door, a rush of cold October air hitting him. He chill suddenly traced his spine, and the tiny hairs on his neck stood on end.

Loomis stood there a few moments, his eyes adjusting to the dim street lights. An rather large object was sitting on the front walk.

Trying to calm himself, he slowly walked down the front steps, and up to the object. He gasped when he saw what it was.

It was a tombstone. Loomis craned his neck to make out the writing, although he had a pretty good idea of what it said. He swallowed as he read the name, taking a few deep breaths to steady himself.

The tombstone read: In memory of our loving daughter, Laurie Strode, 1991 - 2013.

Myers had been here, and Loomis could guarantee that his next destination was seaQuest.

Glancing in the shadows, he ran to his car. He had to get to Lucas before Michael did.

******

The senior crew sat in silence, digesting the information they had just received. It was almost unbelievable, too much like a movie to be real, but they had read through the documents Lucas had found, and everything seemed to fit in an uncomfortable sort of way.

"So, what's the plan?" Ford finally asked, knowing Bridger would have something plotted.

"Well, I'm sending a launch out to pick up Loomis tomorrow. I want security made aware of the situation, but not the details. I do not need rumors spreading around my boat."

"What do you want me to tell them, Cap'n?" Crocker asked.

"Tell them...tell them we are having an important visitor, and I don't want any unexpected accidents." Bridger responded. "Lucas, I want you to see what you can dig up on the murders and Myers. Maybe we can find some kind of weak spot or something. As for the rest of us, I guess we have no choice except to wait and keep our eyes open."

"Do you really think he could get onto seaQuest undetected?" Hitchcock questioned.

"Quite frankly, Loomis expects him to..."

"No one's coming aboard without getting through me first." Crocker interjected.

"I understand how you feel, but Loomis has been studying Myers since he was six years old, and he doesn't rule out anything when it comes to Myers and his abilities. With that in mind, I have to trust his judgment, which is why I want a larger security detail. And Chief, I also trust that you will not take that as a personal insult."

"When do we leave?" Crocker asked.

"No, I want you on the boat, I'll have a few of your men go. I need you here to make sure seaQuest is prepared for anything." He paused, looking around at his crew. "Any questions?" They all shook their heads. "Good, return to your stations, and don't talk with anyone about this."

Lucas sat against the wall, listening to the Captain speak. He guilty for causing such a problem on the ship, but deep inside, he felt good that they cared enough to look out for his safety. He watched as the senior crew filed out of the wardroom, each one giving him a warm smile, and Kristin coming over to squeeze his shoulder. "Thanks, I appreciate all this." Lucas told Bridger once everyone had left.

"Anytime, kiddo, anytime." He put his arm around Lucas as they walked out of the wardroom. He wasn't about to let anything happen to Lucas, he cared far too much for him, and he couldn't bear the thought of loosing him.

*******

Dr. Loomis looked at his watched for what seemed to be the fiftieth, and let out a long sigh when he saw that only thirty seconds had passed since his last glance. He stood inside the New Cape Quest docking ring, anxiously for the promised transport.

Something caught his eye in the distance. He squinted, trying to distinguish what it was in the murky water. As it grew closer, he knew it was the launch from seaQuest. Loomis picked up his luggage, and hurried over to where the launch was docking.

A loud hiss sounded as the door opened, and three seaQuest uniformed men stepped out of the launch. Loomis approached them.

"I am Doctor Samuel Loomis." He stated.

"I must ask you before you board, are you carrying any weapons or firearms?"

Loomis shook his head. "No, couldn't bring it in here anyways, security is tighter than anywhere I've ever seen."

"I have to follow regulations, sir, so I must ask that you allow me to search your belongings." The officer replied. Methodically, the officer searched the duffel and frisked Loomis. "Okay, sir, if you will..." He motioned toward the launch. Twenty minutes later, the transport was on it's way, never noticing that it had an extra "passenger."

*******

Captain Bridger, Crocker, Westphalen, and Lucas stood in launch bay, waiting for Loomis' shuttle to complete it's docking procedures.

The door opened with a hiss, the doctor ducking slightly as he walked under it. "Captain." Loomis greeted, extending his hand. Bridger accepted it firmly, before motioning to Westphalen and Crocker.

"This is Dr. Kristin Westphalen, who is in charge of out science personnel, and this is Chief Manilow Crocker, head of security."

"Nice to meet you." Loomis replied, also shaking their hands. Finally, he turned to Lucas. "How are you doing?" He asked, his voice concerned.

"Fine." Lucas mumbled, glancing down at the deck and trying to ignore the other's gazes.

"If you don't mind, Captain, I would like to familiarize myself with the ship, and discuss any plans of action when Michael shows up."

"You really think he'll show?" Crocker asked, skepticism tracing his words.

"Mr. Crocker, I fully expect him to make an appearance. Now, I don't think we have much time to waste." Loomis urged. He never enjoyed formalities or introductions, they always made him nervous.

"Of course. Chief, could you give Dr. Loomis a tour of the boat and show him to his quarters? We'll meet you in the wardroom in, say, an hour?" Bridger suggested. Crocker nodded his head, motioning with his hand for Loomis to follow.

*******

An hour later, the senior crew, Loomis, and Lucas were gathered in the wardroom, reviewing information on Myers.

"There is no way to put it nicely, Mr. Ford, Michael Myers is pure evil, plain and simple. He has no understanding of life and death, or of right and wrong. Behind the human face is the blackest, evilest being I have ever encountered. I spent eight years trying to reach him, trying to reason with him, but then I spent the next seven years doing everything I could to keep him locked up, until he escaped. For the past ten years, I have spent every second on his capture."

"How do you even know he's alive?" Ortiz asked.

Loomis took a deep breath before responding. "Last night, as I was leaving, I discovered a tombstone on my front sidewalk. Laurie Strode's tombstone to be exact."

"That doesn't prove he put it there, it could have been some teenage prank." Crocker interjected.

"One of the first things he did when he came to Haddonfield ten years ago, he stole Judith's headstone. We later found it in the bedroom with three of the murder victims. Michael put the stone on my sidewalk last night, I am certain of that."

"It could just be a coincidence." Crocker challenged.

"I highly doubt it, Mr. Crocker." Loomis answered angrily

. "At this point, let's just assume it is Myers." Bridger broke in, not wanting the two to begin any heated discussions. "I think our main concern at this moment is preventing Myers from boarding seaQuest."

"She's secure, Cap'n."

"Well then, for now, I think we should all get a bite to eat, and try to return to our normal duties." Nathan watched as the crew left the wardroom, and guessing that for the next few days, normal duties would be last on their list of priorities.

The day of the anniversary came and went, nothing out of the ordinary occurring. Loomis had been relieved, and at the same time, a little disappointed. He had wanted another chance to confront the demon from his past. Finally, he had to return home, making Lucas and Bridger call if anything happened. Though as the launch left seaQuest, Loomis could not help the feeling that he had missed something.

The crew had been very protective, spending almost every second they could with Lucas. Nathan had even suggested that the teenager sleep in his quarters for a few nights, which Lucas reluctantly agreed to after much nagging from his friends. But Lucas was glad that nothing had happened, and that he could get back into his old routine. Some alone time was just about number one on his list. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate all the attention and concern, it was just that he wasn't use to it, and he found it left him emotionally drained.

Things began to slowly return to normal. Security relaxed some, and the crew began to put the past week behind them. No one really noticed the broken grate in the mess, no one heard the small bangings in the ducts, and no one realized that they had gained an extra "crew" member.

*******

Lucas walked down the empty corridor, enjoying his late night tour of the boat. Darwin swam along in the aquatubes, stopping when Lucas did, and sprinting ahead when Lucas ran, both enjoying the races.

"Okay, okay, you win." Lucas said, stepping up to the glass of the aquatube, tapping it lightly. They had just raced down the hallway, Lucas' footsteps echoing loudly on the metal. Lucas took a deep breath, smiling at Darwin. "I'll beat you yet." He said jokingly.

Suddenly, something caught his eye down the hall. Lucas turned quickly, ready to confront the blur that had passed his side vision. But the corridor was empty. He licked his lips nervously, telling himself that he was just seeing things. Heavy silence hung in the air, but passed as Lucas began to run, hurrying back to the safety of his quarters.

He slammed the door behind him, breathing deeply. "You didn't see anything, Lucas. It's just your mind playing tricks on you." He ran a hand through his hair. "You think Michael Myers is here, Lucas? Get real." The teen joked with himself, but he didn't laugh, nor did he smile.

He walked over to his bunk, sitting down, and watching as Darwin came into view in the aquatube. Nothing was said between the two, they just looked at each other, feeling comfort in the other's presence. Finally, Lucas dozed off, sleeping lightly. A "presence" had settled in the atmosphere of the ship, and everyone would be feeling it's power soon enough.

******

Gary Taylor, a member of the science staff, wandered down the hall, heading for the mess hall. He had had a sudden attack of the munchies, and had decided to see what he could scrounge up. As he walked, he noticed that he was not alone, another set of footsteps also sounding in the metal corridor. Taylor stopped, turning to see who else was up at so late, besides, he hated being alone anyways. "Hey..." His voice trailed off as he took in the individual behind him. "I think you're a little late, Halloween was last week." He commented on the white mask the figure was wearing. "Something wrong?" Gary asked when the individual didn't respond. "Yeah, I'll see you later." He shook his head, turning back around.

Footsteps thundered behind him, Taylor jumped around, but not before a pain shot through his chest. His breath caught in his throat, and he looked down, seeing the metal tip of a rather large knife protruding out of his skin. He opened his mouth to yell for help, yet the figure overtook him, forcing him to the ground.

In minutes, Taylor lay on the deck, his blood dripping through the metal grating. His lifeless eyes stared in horror as his killer pulled him into a nearby empty room, propping him up in a chair.

Silently, the shape exited the small room, ready for his next victim.

*******

Lucas awoke, stretching his body from the uncomfortable position he had slept in. He yawned, and looked at the clock. He had only been asleep half an hour, and he didn't feel like going back to sleep.

Flicking the computer screen on, he stared at it a few moments, deciding what to do. Finally, he began working on the new security upgrade he had promised Crocker.

*******

Ensign Daniels awoke with a start, immediately sensing that something was out of the ordinary. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she realized that someone was in her quarters. Quickly, she grabbed the covers, flinging them off of her, and standing next to the bed. "Who's there?" She asked, watching as the shape took a step forward. "Who the hell are you?" She demanded, the fear in her voice rising.

The figure crossed the small room, his hand appearing from behind his back. Daniels darted for the door, but before she could open it, the intruder had wrapped a thick cord around her neck, dragging her away from the door.

Her hands flew to the cord, frantically trying to pull it away from her neck. But it was pulled tightly, painfully digging into her flesh. A small squeak escaped her lips as she struggled with the form behind her. But soon, oxygen deprivation overcame her, and her body slumped forward.

The intruder stood there, pulling the cord tighter for a final time. Slowly, he released the young ensign, her lifeless body thumping against the floor.

The figure looked up as the door opened. He fled to the other side of the room, standing in the shadow behind the door as a the crew member entered.

*******

Emily Page shut the door behind her, glad that her shift was over. She was exhausted. Her eyes slide around the room, first noticing that her roommate was not in her bed, and then, that her roommate's body was lying on the floor.

Page stood there a moment, not fully understanding what she was seeing, but she quickly regained her senses and moved across the room to Daniels' body. "Sue?" She asked fearfully.

No response.

Carefully, she flipped Daniels over, immediately realizing that she was dead. "Oh, my..." Her words were cut short as a hand clamped over her mouth, and metal flashed in the dim light.

An intense pain ripped through her body, repeating itself over and over. Soon, she lay there, her vision fading and breaths growing shallow.

The figure stood over Page, breathing loudly. He stepped over her small form, avoiding the blood that was pooling around her body.

Emily weakly groaned as the life left her body, and her eyes focused on nothing.

*******

A light flicked on in exercise room, a woman officer preparing to lift some weights. Denise pulled her blonde hair into a tight ponytail. She had been unable to sleep, an attack of insomnia hitting her full force. So instead of staring at the ceiling until she dozed off, she had decided to use the time for a brief workout.

She warmed up, doing a few sit-ups and push-ups. As she stood from finishing the set of push-ups, she heard a noise behind her. Denise turned around, confused as she looked at the figure. "Uh, hate to tell you this, but Halloween was last week." She stated flatly, thinking the mask was a stupid joke. "Do you need something?" Denise finally asked when the figure just stood there. Disgusted by his silence, she turned away from him, sighing loudly.

The individual walked up to Denise, pulling a knife from his waistband. Before the woman could react, he raised the blade, slitting her throat.

Denise's eyes widened, shocked. She opened her mouth to scream, but only blood trickled down her chin, and a gurgling sound came from her throat.

She stumbled forward, reaching for the exercising bike, but missing. Her body fell onto the floor, blood oozing from the fatal wound. Within minutes, Denise Watkins was dead, her murderer still roaming the ship.

*******

Commander Jonathan Ford walked briskly down the hallway, returning to his quarters after his late night shift. Absently, he noticed the light to the exercising room was on, but never noticed that there were no sounds of the equipment moving.

He jogged up the stairs, anxious to get some sleep. In his musing, he never noticed the slick metal grating. Without warning, his foot slipped out from under him, and he crashed to the floor.

"Great, just gre..." Ford's voice caught in his throat as he gazed at his hand, and his uniform, and the floor. He had slipped on something red...something sticky...and if he had any common knowledge, he had slipped on blood.

He had slipped on *blood*! His mind screamed the statement over and over.

Quickly, Ford stood, steadying himself. Then, he ran over to a comms unit, calling for security.



Copyright 1999, Melissa G.