96 Little Blue Pills

By Dusk

Disclaimer: Don't own nothing. :)


96 Little Blue Pills
By Dusk


Lucas sat on his bed staring at a small pile of little blue pills. Sleeping pills. 96 of them to be exact. He had heard once that it took 64 aspirin to kill you, but that also made you terribly sick before you died. Sleeping pills would simply...well put you to sleep. He figured 96 would do the job.

Lucas picked up one pill. They were so small, and such a pretty sky blue. Odd that something so small and pretty could kill you. But that's what he wanted, wasn't it? To die.

It sounded so harsh.

What he really wanted was to just go to sleep and never wake up. How wonderful that sounded. Lucas hated going to bed at night for the sole reason that eventually he had to wake up and do the whole thing over again. It was just so pointless. Miserably and utterly pointless.

And why shouldn't he be able to die? It was his life, wasn't it? If he wanted to end it, he should be able to. Its not like anyone would really mind all that much. Oh sure his 'friends' on seaQuest would be a little upset at first, but give it a month, two tops, and they'd be fine.

It probably wouldn't even take his parents that long.

Oh, they'd put up a good act, it would only be expected. But they wouldn't really care. In fact, they'd probably be annoyed that he had interrupted their schedule more than anything.

Lucas sighed, he wanted to end it all, so why was he just sitting here staring? Why wasn't he swallowing anything? He didn't know why. Maybe some part of him still wanted to live. Maybe. Maybe he was to chicken to actually go through with it. Probably. Either way, today was not the day to die.

Lucas picked up all 96 pills and put them back in their container. Then he picked up the container and put that in his desk. Maybe tomorrow.



The End.
So? How was it?
~Dusk~