Fatal Friend

by Heather

Fandom: Sailor Moon

Disclaimer: I only own Miyuki who is my OWN made up character!!!!!

 

Fatal Friend

by Heather

Running up a long narrow flight of steps a young girl with long blue hair and large black eyes ran the back of her hand over her forhead. "It's so hot!!" she exclaimed as she reached the top of the steps and smiled. "I made it! And just in the nick of time. " she said as she looked down at her SailorMoon watch and giggled. Watch : " Ten O'clock A.M. "

"COME ON COME ALL TO THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!" Boomed the loud

speaker. Hundreds of men,women and children gathered in a tightly packed circle trying to see what the annoucer had.

In the center of the crowd stood a short puggy old man who had a small mustache and short black hair. A evil laughter escaped his lips as he let lose of the leash. "Watch as this tiger decends into a human right before your eyes!!" he said as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out small red ball and then smashed it to the ground. A cloud of thick,dark black smoke rose up and surrounded the tiger and the man.

"Oh..what's going on over there?! Andy! Lets go take a look!!" exclaimed Mai as she grabbed ahold of Andy's right arm and dragged him towards the crowd of people.

"Oh jeez Mai why'd you have to drag me over here? Its just a circus show sneak preview. You can see it all week long. " Andy said as he pulled off his shades and slide them in his shirt pocket. His long golden hair was pulled back into a tight pony-tail. "Well..I guess it's worth seeing after all." he said as he watched the cloud of smoke vanish revealing a small child. "!!!! he exclaimed as he stepped backwards pulling Mai back with him.

"Andy! Whyd you do that for?! Andy...?" Mai asked as she looked up at Andy's face. "Why are you so pale Andy?"

"She looks so much like Lilly." he whispered as he pulled away from Mai and pushed his way into the crowd.

"I present to you Lilly. Yes once a tiger now a human. Come see for yourself." the man said as he looked over at Andy and began to laugh once more. " o Ho. Come over here young man and see for yourself how real she is!!!"

Shaking his head Andy turned around and walked back over to Mai , whom was sitting on a empty green bench. Her black tank top strapps fell a little. In her hands was her hot pink leather hat. " Andy. " she said as she looked over his way and waved.

"Mai let's get out of here. It's almost ten o'clock. Terry and Joe are meeting us at the Cafe." he said as he took ahold of Mai's hand and walked with her towards the long flight of stairs.

*

Looking around the young girl turned around and looked over at the old man and the little girl. "The sneak preview must be over.." she whispered as she lowered her arms to her sides then starred down at the ground benieth her feet. "I missed it again..."

Rubbing her eyes Lilly looked around at the different people then began to push her way threw the crowd.

"Lilly? Lilly where are you going?! I did not tell you to walk away." the ring master exclaimed as he pulled out his whip and began to walk over towards Lilly and then stopps. As tons of people began to follow behind Lilly, blocking his way.

"Hi...my name's Lilly." she said as she extended her left hand and began to giggle.

"I'm Miyuki....are you the girl who can turn into a Tiger?!" she asked as she took a hold of Lilly's hand and began to shake it.

Nodding Lilly took a step backwards and smiled. "Yes I am."

"Can I see you turn into a tiger? I missed the sneak preview because the bus was late and the steps are so long and hard to climb when its so hot outside..." Miyuki said as she grabbed ahold of Lillys hands and looked at them. Letting lose of them she looked at the crowd of people who stood behind Lilly and smiled.

"Look at all the people."

"How old are you Miyuki?"

"Huh....oh I'm 13. How old are you?"

Shaking her head Lilly shrugged and said, "I dont know...I think I am 13 as well."

Stepping out from the crowd the Ring Master brought the whip down hard on Lillys back and shouted, "RETURN"

A cloud of smoke surrounded Lilly as she fell onto her hands and knees and began to cry. "No please...I ... merrrrowww..." Her small pal hands began to grow orange fur and enlargen.

"Stand back little girl or else she will attack you." he said as he narrowed his eyes at Miyuki who stood silent as Lilly turned back into a tiger.

'Shes so big...like a mother tiger.' she thought as she took a few steps backwards and bumped into a large garbage can. "Oh!" she exclaimed as she turned around and began to run away from the crowd of people. 'I'll come back tomorrow Lilly!!' she thought as she began to run down the long narrow flight of stairs. Losing her balance Miyuki fell forward and began to tumble down the

flight of steps.

Turning around Mai looked up and gasped. "ANDY! Look!!" she exclaimed as she jerked him around and pointed to Miyuki. "Shes going to smack her head into the wall."

Nodding Andy took off running back up the stairs , reaching out his arms he bent over and grabbed ahold of Miyuki. Placing his right arm under her neck and his left arm under her knee's he turned around and looked down at Mai who gave him a worried look.

"IS SHE OKAY?! " she exclaimed as she took a few steps up.

Nodding Andy walked past Mai and said, "Go to the payphone and call up Joe and tell him that we're going to be a little late."

"Okay." Mai said as she reached into her pocket and pulled out fifty cents.

 

[ Two Hours Later ]

Sitting down in a large yellow chair Mai leaned forward and looked down at Miyuki. "Hi...how are you?"

Blinking Miyuki smiled faintly and said, "My legs hurt..."

"She's lucky thats all that is bothering her." Andy said as he placed his hands on the railing around her bed and smiled. "I'm Andy and this is Mai."

Looking over at Andy then back at Mai , Miyuki cleared her throat and then began to cough. "I wont be able to see Lilly again...now..." she said as her eyes half way shut.

Looking over at Mai, Andy smiled and said, "Yes you will. Your being released later tonight. We couldnt locate your parents or any family members...so Mai and I are you guardians at the momment."

"I dont have a mommy or a daddy....my friend Tony takes care of me..." she said as she sat up in bed and began to fiddle with her bed sheets. "Please don't tell anyone though. I don't wanna go to the adoption place because no one wants me!"

Standing up Mai grabbed ahold of her hands and smiled warmly. "We'll adopt you. Andy and I are getting married soon anyways. It'd be nice to have a little kid running about the place all ready!"

"Who said..." Andy began to say as Mai gave him a dirty look. A dark shadow fell over Andy's face as he cleared his throat and said, "Uh yah sure Mai and me getting married soon."

Falling onto her knees Lilly looked up at the Ring Master and began to cry. " dont want to be your show toy."

"What did you say?!" he exclaimed as he slapped her across the face. "Lilly I gave you life. I brought you up and gave you food and clothing and a roof over your head and in return all I ask is for you to do as I say! But NO. That is too much for a spoiled self centered little brat you are!!!"

Placing her right hand against her cheek Lilly stood up and said, "I never asked you to take me in or give me life!!! I wish you hadnt! Thanks to you I'll never have any friends!!!"

"The only friends who shall have is the ones who travel with the circus..." Walking into the room a tall slinder woman with long black hair and dark eyes bowed and said, " aster Billy is on the phone. He wishes to speak with you."

"Thank you Zoi. As for you." he said as he looked back at Lilly and narrowed his eyes. "I will deal with you later." Then he turned around and walked out of the room.

"Oh no..hes going to kill me.." she whispered as she walked over to her bed and sat down. "Mother...can you hear me? Please help me..."

*

Climbing onto Andys back Miyuki threw her hands into the air and began to giggle. "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! I get to go see the circus Sneak preview!!!!"

'Yah...' Andy thought as he held on tightly to her legs an began to walk down the sidewalk with Mai at his side. 'I hope Terry can handle it though....' he thought as he glanced over at Mai whom was making funny faces at Miyuki. Laughing Andy said, "Jeez Mai you'll scare the child to death looking like that!!!"

"HEY!" Mai exclaimed as she balled up her fists and frowned. "How rude!!!"

(2)

Holding up his glass Terry stood up and smiled. "Let's make a toast." he said as he looked over at Miyuki who looked over at Mai then at Andy. "For a better tomorrow. Right Miyuki?"

Nodding Miyuki picked up her glass of milk and raised it into the air. "For a better tomorrow."

Joe, Mai and Andy exchanged glances and then stood up. "Yes to a better tomorrow." they all said as the touched their glasses together then sat back down.

Looking over at Terry, Joe said, "Uh hey Terry. The moments past. You can sit down now man."

"Sorry." Terry said as he sat down and took a sip from his glass. "I was busy thinking about something..." he said as he sat his glass down and starred down at the menu. 'Fruit salad...sounds good..' Terry thought as he turned the page. 'And a side of steak and potato's to go along with it. ' A smile crossed his face as he closed his menu and looked around and the other's.

"Mai....What am I allowed to get?" Miyuki asked as she looked over at Mai whom was running her finger up and down the menu trying to decide what to order.

Blinking she turned her head and said, "Anything you want sweetie. After all Joe's paying."

"Say what?!" Joe exclaimed as he about choked on his drink.

Everyone at the table began to crack up.

*

Stepping into the hot tub Lilly rested her head up against the wall and sighed. "I wish....I wish I could be free...and be like any normal teenager..." she whispered as she picked up her wash cloth and began to run it up and down her left arm. "For the first time I actually was able to talk with

someone...who didnt get scared..and run away...or tried to touch every inch of me seeing if I was real.."

Sitting up she looked around the room. "! The Ring Master is coming !" she gasped as she stood up and grabbed her towel. "I gotta get out of here." she whispered as she pushed open the window and climbed outside.

Sliding the window shut softly she fell to the ground. 'Ow!' she thought to herself as she

lifted up her left foot. Blood trickled down her toe's and onto the ground. "No time to cry over a small cut..I got to get out of here before he see's me.."

*

Pushing open the bathroom door the Ring Master dropped his whip. "Shit. She's escaped! " he exclaimed as he turned around and ran out of the room.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a small communicator. "Attention! Attention!!! Lilly as escaped!!! Search the area now!!!!" he shouted as he held down the small red button on the communcatior. "She'll pay for this one." he said as he picked up the telephone and waited.

{ On the other line } "Billy Cane here. "

Taking a long deep breath the Ring Master cleared his throat and said, "Master...I am in need of your assistence....our prized tiger has escaped.."

"Lilly?"

"Yes sir....while I was away she escaped out threw the bathroom window."

"I thought I told you to bar that window up! You idiots!" exclaimed Billy as he threw his phone across the room. "Damn those idiots...Jet!"

Stepping from out of the shadows a tall well built young man with short black hair bowed and said, "YES SIR!" as he stood up straight placing his arms to his side.

"Go to Tokyo and take a team with you. I don't want to see your face until you bring back Lilly." he said as he sat down and crossed his legs. "Then I want you to destroy the circus but leave Lilly alive. If she comes back with a single scratch it'll be your head."

"Yes sir!" Jet shouted as he turned around and ran out of the room.

'Damn. If Geese finds out that she has escaped it'll be my head as well!!!' he thought as he leaned back in his chair and sat his feet up on the desk top. "If Jet fails...and doesnt bring her back within the next twenty four hours...then I will have to do it myself. Ah hell. I'll go check out the clubs

tonight." he said as he got up and walked out of the room.

*

"Wow that was good!!" Miyuki exclaimed as she pushed her plate away and smiled. "Mai? Can I have some cake too?"

Looking over at Andy , Mai smiled and said, "If you promise to call Tony and tell him that you are doing all right and to have him meet up with us at the sneak preview tomorrow."

"Yes ma'm! I'll go call him right now." she said as she pushed back her chair and got up. Reaching into her pocket she pulled out two quaters and walked away from the table.

Glancing over at the window's Miyuki gasped as she saw Lilly rise up out of the bushes and motion for her to come outside. Nodding Miyuki turned around and ran over to Mai and the others. "Mai...come with me...I want you to meet someone!"

"All right." she said as she stood up and walked out of the cafe with Miyuki. "What is it you wanted to show me Miyuki?"

Walking over to the bushes Miyuki whispered, "Pssst...are you in there still?"

"Yes.." she whispered as she stood up and looked over at Miyuki then at Mai.

"Oh my god!" Mai exclaimed as she took a few stepps backwards. "You look....just like....no.." shaking her head Mai leaned forward and said softly, "you look just like Lilly..."

Giggling Miyuki smiled and said, "Mai that is her name! She's Lilly! She's the one who can turn into a tiger."

Grabbing ahold of Miyuki's hands Lilly hide behind Miyuki and said , "Is she your friend?"

"Yes, this is Mai. Mai meet Lilly."

Standing there with a frozen expression on her face Mai choked out the words, "H...H...Hi Lilly..."

*

"Hey guys I'll be right back I'm going to go see whats taking them so long. They've been gone twenty minutes." Andy said as he got up from the table and walked away.

"All right.." Terry said as he looked over at Joe and said, "Joe could you stay here at the table for just a moment. I'd like to see whats keeping them as well."

"Aw man. Joe Higashi get's stuck with the bill once again and all alone while everyone else checks out the action." He said as he looked down at the piece of paper in his hands and gasped. "A hundred dollars for all our meals?! Jeez.."

"Hey guys whats all.." Terry began to say as he looked over at Miyuki and Lilly. "Lilly.." he whispered as he took a few stepps closer to Lilly then stopped. "No..this is impossible...Lilly your... your alive!"

 

END PART 2