Brief Beforehand Dissertation: This is my first post on this list, so advance apologies for any screw-ups.

I wrote this because I couldn't find any Roswell slash in the entire internet. If anyone knows where I can find some that I didn't write, tell me PLEASE!

Oh, and billions of thank-you's to EvilBuffy End o' dissertation.

Title: Weird Things (Instant Isabel Mix)

Author: Uriel

Fandom: Roswell

Pairing: Michael/Max

Archive: Yes, please

E-mail: rsavot19@idt.net

Series: Instant Roswell Mixes, first chapter Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing! *sigh*



WIERD THINGS
By Uriel


Things had gotten weird recently. Donšt laugh, Išm being serious. This was way weirder than just being aliens or when Max told Liz. This was ultimate freaky.

Alex, Liz, and Maria had decided I needed to bond with them. The thought of this experience caused cause massive shuddering and great sadness. We went to Lizšs house and watched movie after horrible movie, all the while Maria pestering me to do something with her hair and Alex constantly scooting closer to me on the couch. It was one when Alex ran away, leaving me alone with Liz and Maria. It was less horrifying than I assumed it would be. They had me change their hair color and their nail polish over and over which was good practice for me. They finally let me go home at four. I wish they hadnšt, and not because I enjoyed being there. Because I didnšt.

I walked into the house, and the moment I entered I knew something was wrong. Very, very wrong. Mom and Dad had gone away for the weekend leaving me and Max alone with the house. Maybe if they hadnšt my world would have remained as normal as itšs always been. Okay so thatšs not all that normal, but itšs my normal.

The first thing I noticed was the smell. An unpleasant, very thick odor. The second thing I noticed was Michaelšs jacket on the kitchen counter, and the fridge hanging wide open. I tried to rationalize the smell as some really gross food Max and Michael had created and then covered in tabasco. I headed to Maxšs room to say good night to them. Bad idea.

As I walked up the dark stairs I found first Maxšs shirt, followed by Michaelšs jeans. I delicately picked up the clothing as I walked up the stairs, wrinkling my nose in disgust.

I found the rest of Michaelšs clothing strewn down the hall. I picked up each item in turn, growing ever more distressed. At that point I had decided saying good night was not a good idea. Not at all.

"I'm not going to be sick. No, not going to throw up or anything," I whispered quietly to myself as I continued down the hall.

I really wished Max had taken the room at the end of the hall instead of me. If he had taken the room at the end of the hall I couldšve just gone into my room and not had to find Maxšs wide open door.

In front of Maxšs open door was Maxšs jeans in a jumbled heap. If they had closed the door I wouldnšt have had the nerve to open it. But of course they didnšt, unfeeling boys that they are. I peeked in through the open door.

Max and Michael were lying on Maxšs bed with their arms wrapped around each other. And they were naked.

I reacted badly to say the least.

"MICHAEL! MAX! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. Max gasped and tried to jump up, but got tangled in the sheets and fell off the bed which in other circumstances would have been hilarious. Michael sat up slowly, blinking his eyes blearily.

"Isabel?" Max asked from the floor. "I thought you were staying at Liz's."

"I came home early. What is going on?" I repeated, slightly calmer this time.

"Umm..." Max replied.

"We came to an agreement," Michael said calmly as he finally figured out what was going on. "And if you tell anyone about this Išm going to kill you."

"If Liz found out..." Max trailed off, a sudden look of horror crossing his face.

"Tell me what happened, and I don't want the gross bits, so keep it to yourself Michael," I demanded.

"Well, umm..." Max said.

"It started after you left for Liz's," Michael began.

" 'I'm going now,' you yelled at us. 'If you guys can think of any excuse to get me out of there, call me.' Max smiled as the door slammed closed.

'Wherešs she off to?' I asked.

'Alex invited her to Lizšs movie night,' Max explained.

'Why didnšt Liz invite you?' I asked. 'We're keeping ... a safe distance from each other,' he replied. He seemed bothered as hell about that "safe distance" bit.

'I want food,' I said changing the subject to make him less agitated.

'What food?' he asked.

'Whatcha got?' I asked. He mosied over to the fridge."

"I donšt mosie," Max said interrupting him.

"Actually you kind of do, Max," I said, thinking about it for the first time. He did mosie. Constantly.

"See, Maximilian? Even Isabel agrees with me that you mosie," Michael said snidely. "But I was talking.

"So anyway, Max MOSIED over to the fridge. He opened it and leaned over. Normally I wouldn't have really noticed or cared, but something was different right about then, and I found myself staring at Max's . . . umm . . . lower back."

"Michael!" I exclaimed in disgust as I smacked him on the arm. "You will not objectify my brother. I don't care what you guys do, but you are not allowed to talk about my brother like that."

Max blushed a deep scarlet and kept his face hidden so we wouldnšt notice as much.

"Isabel, I'm trying to tell you what happened," Michael protested.

"Well, anyway I was staring at Max's lower back, and all of a sudden he turns around. He gave me a funny look and handed me a sandwich and some tabasco sauce."

An image of Michael and Max and tabasco sauce flashed through my mind.

"Please tell me you guys didn't do anything disgusting with the tabasco," I begged, interrupting again.

"And waste it? No way," Michael said. "Will you stop interrupting?"

"I'll try," I said compliantly.

"Like I was saying, Max gave me food. And every time I looked up he had the weirdest expression on his face," Michael continued only to be interrupted again.

"Like you staring at my 'lower back' is any more normal?" Max asked incredulously.

"Why can't I just tell the story?" Michael replied. They glared at each other.

They were having sexual tension, and they weren't wearing anything besides Max's sheets. I couldn't believe they were having sexual tension in the nude. Didn't they at least have the decency to wait until I had left the room? I thought that for sure I was going to throw up.

"I'm telling it from here on in," Max said.

"Fine," Michael growled.

"Fine," Max replied.

"Well, Michael was eating his sandwich and somehow managing to not get tabasco all over the counter which was amazing considering how much he had put on it. I couldnšt keep my eyes off him, and I couldnšt quite feel my knees."

"Huh?" I asked.

"I couldn't feel my knees," Max reasserted.

"Why?" I asked. This statement confused even me. My dear brother couldn't feel his knees. What was that supposed to mean?

"It's like whenever I'm around Liz I can't feel my knees, and I'm never quite sure if they're shaking or not," Max explained.

"You get Liz feelings around me?" Michael asked. Max blushed and looked away. This caused Michael to grin like a ninny.

"Guys, story," I reminded. They were being sweet. It was even more disgusting than their sexual tension.

"Anyway we were in the kitchen, and something was different. Finally Michael said something," Max continued.

'Whatšs going on, Max?'

'I donšt know,' I answered honestly.

'Are you feeling something... you know... different?' he asked, quirking his eyebrow in the cutest expression."

"I quirk my eyebrow?" Michael asked. I sighed in exasperation.

"Yeah, you always do. I just never noticed before tonight," Max said.

"Will you just get to why the hell you two did this?" I asked, a bit angry. But I defend myself by reminding you that it was nearly five in the morning.

"Well, anyway I asked Max if he felt anything," Michael picked up the story.

'You feel it too?' he asked.

'There's only one way to know if wešre feeling the same thing,' I answered.

And then he kissed me."

"WHOA! Max started it?" I exclaimed.

"Oh, like I would ever act on any feelings I might have," Michael pointed out.

"You don't seem to mind acting on your feelings with Maria," I said, a bit harshly.

"That's hormonal. I'm not the one to blame," Michael defended himself.

"Yeah, I'm the one to blame," Max said. "I'm always the one to blame." He looked away, looking incredibly dejected.

"That's not what I meant, Maximilian," Michael said, his voice becoming softer somehow. He reached his hand towards Max, but pulled it back before he thought anyone noticed.

"You regret it, don't you?" Max asked, pulling farther away from him. I gaped at him. I had never heard Max sound like that before. He always was calm and controlled, until then. In that moment he sounded so lost and scared I could have killed Michael for making him so hurt.

"Never think I would ever regret it, Maximilian," Michael said, suddenly pulling Max close to himself.

"What am I supposed to think, Michael?" Max asked. "You always say you could leave. You always say you're distant. Detached. How am I supposed to know how you feel about this? You never tell me anything. How am I supposed to know if this was just a good time for you? You never say anything. How am I supposed to know if it didn't mean anything to you? If you care at all about me? How, Michael? How?"

"Max, even if this hadn't happened I couldn't just leave you and Isabel," he said, their eyes meeting. "And now... I don't think I can keep going if I lose you, Max. And it scares the hell out of me." They leaned forward to kiss.

"Guys, I'm still here," I reminded them. Michael turned to look at me, allowing Max to blush an even darker color without him noticing.

"Do you have a problem with this, Isabel?" Max asked quietly.

"With what? The two of you being in even deeper for each other than you are for those annoying girls, or the two of you doing things that involve leaving your clothing all over the house?" I asked, being surprisingly calm all of a sudden.

"Both," Michael answered. His arms were still wrapped possessively around Max. It seemed right somehow, the two of them holding each other.

"The former is confusing, and the latter is disturbing," I replied. "But I have no problems as long as you do one thing."

"What?" Max asked hesitantly.

"Don"t leave your clothing strewn through the house," I said calmly. Michaelšs brow furrowed in confusion. Max turned to look at me. "I mean what if Mom and Dad came home early or Liz and Maria came home with me? What would you have done then? Mom and Dad would've freaked, and Liz would have died on the spot, and Maria would have killed Michael. Then where would I be? Either two completely freaked parents who just thought of a reason why their son barely ever goes out on dates or two dead bodies, one of which would not be human, one heart broken alien, and one murderous teenage girl." Michael smiled. I was taking this all in stride as if it was perfectly normal for me to find my brother and his best friend being naked and clingy.

"What do we do now?" Michael asked.

"Well, this is just another secret to be kept," I said. "We're good at keeping secrets. Or at least we should be by now. I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning."

"It is morning," Michael said pointing at the clock. I shook my head and closed the door behind me.

"No it's not. We still have a couple hours," I heard Max say.

"And we still aren't wearing any clothing," Michael noted. I walked down the hall and into my own room before I could hear anything else they had to say.

I fell onto my bed with a heavy thump. The bed was nice. Nice and soft. I was so tired. I was just falling asleep-

And then there was noise. Laughing. A loud thud. The creak of Max's bed.

I growled. I slid my hands over my ears focusing for a moment, and the noise was quiet. Or at least quieter. Quiet enough for me to fall asleep.

Sleep is good.



=30=