Changes

Author: sweetkitty

E-mail: sweet73kitty@yahoo.com

Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/sweet73kitty/Sentinel____stories

Date: 7/1/03

Rating: NC-17

Category: AU crossover QAF/The Sentinel

Disclaimer: Queer As Folk is the property of Russell T. Davies and has been adapted with permission for U.S. television by Lipman and Cowen for Showtime. Pet Fly Production owns The Sentinel.

I want to thank my beta reader: Corona

Summary: Brian and Justin move to Cascade to start a new life and met the Sentinel and his Guide.


Changes
by Sweetkitty



Pittsburgh, PA
Brian Kinney's loft
June 29, 2003
12:00 p.m.

Brian Kinney was working at his desk on his computer, looking for a job and sending out his resume all over the state, which he'd been doing all week. As Brian was working on his computer there was a knock on the door, which promptly opened and Justin Taylor walked in.
Turning around he saw Brian at his desk. "Hey, what are you doing?"

"Sending out my resume." Brian answered, while going through his e-mail.

Just then the telephone rang. "Hello." Justin said, when he had the receiver by his ear.

"Hello, I was wondering if I may speak with Brian Kinney?" Asked the voice on the other end of the line.

"One moment please." Justin said, and handed Brian the phone.

Taking the phone, "Can I help you?" Asked Brian. "Yes, my name is Jonathan Springer and I'm the CEO of an advertising agency and we're looking for a President for our agency." Explained Springer.

"Really, and why do you want me?" Brian asked, in a surprised voice.

"I read your resume and found it very interesting. I believe that you're qualified for the position." Answered Springer.

"How much will I be paid and where is this job?" Brian asked, in an interested voice.

"You'll be earning forty thousand a month and it's in Cascade, Washington." Answered Franklin.

"DC or the State?" Asked Brian.

"The State." "Just wonderful, I'll be leaving one big town for another." Brian said, in a sarcastic voice.

"Don't worry, Cascade is not that far away from California." Franklin answered, with a smile in his voice.

"Before I take the job I should tell you that I'm gay and I'm bringing my lover." Said Brian.

"That's fine. May I ask how old he is?" Asked Franklin.

"He's twenty." Brian answered, and then waited for Jonathan's reaction.

"How long have you been together?" Franklin asked, in an interested voice. "I would say, it's been almost four years." Answered Brian.

"So he was seventeen when you met? That must have been interesting?" Jon said, with a laugh.

"You have absolutely no idea." Brian answered, with his own smile.

Then decided to change the subject. "When do you want me to start?"

"Will a month be enough?" Asked Jon.

"A month is fine. Can you tell me any good Colleges for arts in Cascade?" Asked Brian.

"Well you can try Rainer or Washington State." Answered Jon.

"Could you send me some information on these Colleges?" Inquired Brian.

"Sure, and well get everything ready for you here." Said Jon. Before Jon could hang up.

"Oh, one more thing where are we going to live?" Asked Brian.

"There's a loft that's available on Prospect Place. It's a very nice building with great people."

"Good, we'll be there in a week to look it over." Said Brian.

"That will be fine. I'll met you at the airport next week and we can go and look the place over." Said Jon.

"That will be great thanks." Brian said, before hanging up. After he put the phone down Brian turned towards Justin and flashed him a warm smile. "Aren't you going to ask me what the call was about?"

"Ok, what was that all about?" Justin asked, smiling himself.

"Well, I've been offered a job." Answered Brian. With a smile, "That's great." Justin said, as he walked up to Brian and gave him a kiss. "Where and when?"

"It's in Cascade, Washington and next month." Answered Brian.

"Where the fuck is Cascade, Washington?" Asked Justin.

"It's in the West, up North." Answered Brian.

"Shit, it's all the way in Canada." Justin said, not believing what he had just heard.

"It's not in Canada, but close." Answered Brian.

"How much are they offering you? Hopefully enough that it will be worth moving up there." Justin said, trying not to shudder.

"Don't worry it's worth every cold day and night." Brian answered, as he began to kiss Justin. "How does forty thousand dollars sound?"

"Shit, that's more than you've made before." Justin said, as he returned Brian's kisses.

"It sure is." Brian said, kissing Justin's throat.

"Oh God, yes." Justin whispered, as Brian continued kissing him on the neck, his shoulders, and back to Justin's neck.

During the act of kissing and caressing Justin, Brian began to slowly run his hands down Justin's torso, and over his groin, locating his cock. As he stroked him, Brian also pressed his face against his lover's neck inhaled his scent. Justin felt himself responding to his lover's motions, stiffening as the blood rushed to his cock. In a few minutes a wet spot would appear over the head and soon after that he'd have to come out his pants because his erection wouldn't have it
any other way. Sliding his hand inside Justin's shirt, Brian tweaked his nipple and heard the man gasp.

He continued to pinch and tease the nipples until it drew into a hard nub. Leaving that one, he turned his attention to the other nipple until it too stood out from Justin's chest. He then pressed his hand against the inside of Justin's underwear and began to play with his cock. His own was stirring, growing heavier and more sensitive.

Like a rutting animal, he rubbed his crotch against Justin's and sighed, the sensation going through him like an electric current. As his cock was being stroked Justin couldn't help but moan with the sheer delight of it.

He started rubbing against Brian in return, wanting to feel closer to him than before. Brian, with the help of Justin began to take their clothes off, between hasty kisses. Justin then went down to his knees and took Brian' cock into his mouth making him moan in ecstasy. Justin sucked Brian' cock until he came, then he stood up and began to kiss him again, letting Brian taste himself.

"Take me to bed." Justin whispered, trying to catch his breath.

"God, you're so beautiful." Brian said, walking with Justin to their bed.

"I bet you've seen more beautiful people than me." Justin said, getting into bed.

"No, you're the most beautiful." Brian said, kissing Justin. He kissed his mouth, his neck, and then took Justin's nipples into his mouth.

Hearing Justin moan Brian sucked harder on his nipple until Justin began to whimper. "P…. please…. fuck me." Moaned Justin.

"How much do you want it?" Brian asked, grabbing Justin's cock massaging it.

"I… I… w… want it so much." Justin moaned, feeling so good it was almost unbearable.

Brian knelt astride Justin, spread open his legs and kissed his inner thigh, making him moan and sigh from the pleasure. Taking a pillow from under Justin's head he placed it under the young man's hips making sure he could see his bud. The beautiful orifice called out to him, taking the lube from under the pillow he worked it into the hole and then onto his cock. He then aligned his cock with the hole and pushed in, causing Justin to moan out loud.

Brian began to thrust in and out of the warm heat of Justin's body, rotating his hips to get better access. The rotation was causing havoc in Justin, who was trying to stay sane while his mind felt in danger of melting. They began to move together as one, until Brian stopped and just lay there looking at Justin, watching him moan and writhe, wanting Brian to move. Looking down he pulled out and then shoved his cock back in hard.

Neither could keep that pace for long and within minutes they both began to shudder their release. "God, that was wonderful." Justin said, after a minute of trying to catch his breath.

"Thank you. So what do you want to do now?" Brian asked, smiling.

"My, you're self assured. Let's take a nap and then decided on how we're going to tell everyone about your new job." Justin said, yawning.

"Shit, I totally forgot about them." Brian said, realizing that everyone was going to flip when they found out they were moving.

"Don't worry, everything's going to be fine." Justin said, snuggling next to Brian.

It was around two o'clock when they woke up from their nap, took a shower, and then got dressed. "What do you want to do first?" Justin asked, as they were getting dressed

"I think we should go see Mel and Lindsey first." Brian answered, in a solemn voice.

"Brian, everything is going to be fine." Justin said, with a smile.

"I hope so." Whispered Brian.


Peterson/Marcus Home
3:00 p.m.

It was an hour later when Brian and Justin arrived at Lindsey and Mel's home, but no one was there when they rang the bell. "What are we going to do now?" Asked Justin.

"I think we should go to the Dinner and tell the guys." Answered Brian.

"Do we have to?" Justin asked, while making a face.

"I'm afraid so." Brian answered, with a smile.

"Right, let's get this over with." Justin said, in a resigned voice.

"Cheer up, it could be worse." Brian said, as he got into his car.

"How's that?" Asked Justin.

"I could be dead broke with no opportunities." Brian answered, with a smile.

"True, but now you're dead broke, with a job in the boonies." Justin answered, also with a smile.


Changes 2

Liberty Ave
The Dinner

They arrived at the Dinner thirty minutes later, where they found everyone, except Lindsey, Melanie, and Gus. "Hey everyone." Justin said, as they walked inside.

"Sunshine, how you doing?" Asked Debbie, as she came around the counter and hugged Justin, and then Brian. "What are you two doing here?"

"We have an announcement to make." Brian said, interrupting Debbie.

"Really, what is it?" Debbie asked, in an excited voice.

"I've been offered a job in Washington." Announced Brian.

"WHAT!!!" Everyone yelled. "HOW, WHY?"

"Calm down, and let him explain." Justin said, in a forceful voice.

"Thanks." Brian said, before turning back towards the others. "I got a call today from a CEO of an AD agency. They're looking for a President and they offered me the position."

"How much are they offering, and where is it exactly?" Asked Ted.

"It's forty thousand a month and it's in Cascade, Washington." Answered Brian.

"Where the hell is that?" Michael asked, in a whiney voice.

"Washington State." Answered Justin.

"Jesus, that's like way up in the boonies. Why did you take the job?" Asked Michael. (I have to do something he can't leave.) He thought to himself.

"But the money's worth it. Besides, it's near San Francisco." Brian said, giving Justin an evil smile.

"What about your family and Gus?" Asked Michael. (That should get him thinking.)

"Well I don't care what happens with my family, but with Gus and all of you, you can come visit any time." Brian answered, giving Michael an evil look.

Before Michael could say anything else. "Brian, baby is this job going to make you happy?" Asked Debbie.

"The money and prestige makes me happy, but the place is an iffy thing." Answered Brian.

Realizing he wasn't going to get anywhere with Brian, Michael turned to Justin, "What are you going to do when Brian leaves?" Michael asked, giving him an evil smile.

"I'm going with him." Justin answered, returning Michael's smile.

"Honey, what about your family and school?" Debbie asked, in a surprised voice.

"I'll visit them and they can visit me during spring and summer vacation." Answered Justin, with a smile.

"How about College?" Asked Debbie.

"I'm sure they have colleges in Washington." Justin answered, trying to control his temper. (Why couldn't they understand that Brian and he loved each other? He looked around. It might be a different kind of love, but it was what made them happy.)

Realizing they had gone too far that Debbie decided to change the subject. "When are you leaving guys?"

"We decided to fly to Cascade next week and look for a place to live first, and then hopefully by next month we'll move for good."

Answered Brian. (Thank you Debbie for changing the subject.) Brian thought to himself.

"Would you like company on your trip?" Asked Emmett, giving them a smile.

"Yea, it can be a little vacation." Debbie said, giving Emmett a smile.

"Guys, we're not going to have a good time, we're going to find somewhere to live." Brian said, slowly wishing he were anywhere but there. Before anyone could say anything to that, Brian's cell phone rang. "Kinney." Brian said, answering his phone.

"Yes, hello may I speak to Brian please." Asked the voice on the other end.

"This is Brian Kinney, how may I help you?" Asked Brian.

"Mr. Kinney my name is Dr. Patrick O'Conner from Pittsburgh Memorial Hospital." Answered Patrick O'Conner.

"How may I help you Doctor?" Brian asked, getting a strange feeling.

"I'm sorry to tell you this sir, but your wife and her friend were in a car accident…"

Before the doctor could say anything else. "What how did it happen, where are they, and how is my son?" Brian asked, trying not to imagine the worst.

"Calm down Mr. Kinney. I think you should come here and we can talk." Suggested the doctor.

"I'll be there in ten minutes." Brian said, before hanging up.

"Brian what's wrong?" Justin asked, seeing the look on Brian's face.

"A doctor O'Conner called from the hospital, L…Lindsey, Melanie, and Gus were in a car accident." Brian said, looking around.

"Brian, honey what are you looking for?" Debbie asked, in a quite voice.

"My keys." Brian answered, in a distracted voice.

"Brian, baby you're holding the keys." Justin answered, in a quiet voice. (God please let everything be all right.)

"Right, guess I should be going." Brian said, as he tried to get up.

"Brian, honey why don't I drive you to the hospital." Justin said, taking his keys very quickly.

Not saying a word Brian just go up and walked out, without looking back to see if Justin was following him.

Giving everyone a sympathetic look Justin took off after him. "Brian hold up." Justin called, running after him.

But Brian didn't stop he just continued walking to the car, but couldn't get in because Justin had the keys. A minute later Justin opened the door, they both got in, and drove to the hospital. They arrived at the hospital five minutes later, and just before Justin could stop the car, Brian was out and running toward the hospital.

He was met by a nurse, "Where's my son?" Brian asked, as he grabbed the nurses' arm.

"I'm sorry, who are you sir?" Asked the nurse. Before Brian could say anything.

"I'm sorry, but a doctor O'Conner called saying that our friends were in a car accident." Justin said, as he walked in.

"Why don't you sit down, and I'll get the doctor." The nurse said, in a quiet reassuring way.

"Thank you." Justin said, as he guided Brian to a seat and helped him sit down.

It was two minutes later when a man walked up to them, "Mr. Kinney?"

"Yes, how is my son and his mother?" Brian asked, not even bothering to shake the doctors' hand.

"Let's take this somewhere private." Doctor O'Conner said, as he showed them to a room.

"Doctor, just tell me how they are?" Brian said, trying to control his anger.

Taking a deep breath, "Mr. Kinney I'm sorry to tell you that your wife and her friend didn't survive the car accident." Doctor O'Conner said, in a quiet voice.

"What happened?" Brian asked, stunned.

"They where hit by a drunk driver." Answered Doctor O'Conner.

"Shit." Justin whispered, taking Brian's hand.

"Wh…what a…about my son?" Brian asked, trying not to lose control.

"He's upstairs with a nurse being looked over by one of the pediatricians." Answered the doctor. "I would like to see my son." Brian said, letting out a breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Of course, please follow me." The doctor said, as he got up.

He turned to Justin, "I'm sorry, only family."

"He is family, he's my partner." Brian said, not even looking at the doctor, which made him miss the look of shock and surprise on the doctor's face.

A minute late they reach the pediatric ward where they were meet by the pediatrician. "Mr. Kinney, I'm doctor John Anderson."

"How's my son?" Brian asked, not even letting the doctor finish.

"He was lucky Mr. Kinney.

Thankfully he had his seat belt on and only sustained minor cuts and bruises." The doctor answered, as he showed Brian and Justin to the room where Gus was.

Walking into the room the men saw Gus lying on the hospital bed, thankfully sleeping soundly. Sitting by the bed Brian took Gus' small hand into his and just waited for him to wake up. It was five minutes later when Gus began to stir from his nap and woke up with a cry.

"Shhhh, its ok Sonny Boy, daddy's here." Brian said, as he stroked Gus's hair.

"Daddy?" Gus whispered.

"Yea, baby it's me." Brian whispered, as he kissed him.

"I want mommy." Gus said, as he began to cry. Not knowing what to say Brian turned toward Justin, with a pleading look on his face.

"Gus honey, mommy and mom can't see you because they were hurt very bad so you're going to stay with dada and me." Justin said, with a sad smile.

"Will I be able to see them?" Gus asked, in a soft voice.

"We don't know honey, we'll have to talk to the doctor." Justin answered, trying to hold back the tears.

"I should call the guys and tell them what happened." Brian said, as he took out his cell phone.

"I'm sorry sir, but you can't use your cell phone here." A nurse said, as she walked by.

Putting his cell phone back into his pocket, "I'll be back in a minute." Brian said, before walking out.

"Daddy?" Gus whispered, looking for Brian.

Trying to hold back tears. "He went to call Grammy Debbie, Uncle Michael, Vic, and auntie Em." Justin said, as he petted Gus's hair.

Meanwhile, Brian was outside calling the family to tell them what happened and that he was going to stay in the hospital to make sure that Gus would be ok. After calling the family, Brian decided to call Jonathan Springer and see if he could reschedule everything for a later date.

"Good morning, Cable Agency, Paula speaking. How may I help you." Asked Paula.

"May I please speak with Mr. Springer?" Asked Brian.

"May I ask who's calling?" Inquired Paula.

"My name is Brian Kinney, and Mr. Springer hired me for the President position." Brian answered, trying to keep the annoyance out of his voice.




Changes 3

"One moment sir." Paula said, putting Brian on hold.

A minute later, "Brian hello, how can I help you?" Asked Springer.

"Jon, I need to reschedule our appointment for another time." Brian said, wishing he were back with his son.

"Can I ask why?" Inquired Jon.

"A friend of my was in a car accident with her lover and our son. They didn't survive but thankfully he did, so that leaves me to take care of the funeral arrangements, pack up the house and get everything sorted out." Explained Brian. "I also have to make arrangements about my son.

"I'm sorry for your loss. How long would you need?" Asked Jon.

"I would say about a month." Answered Brian.

"Why don't you take at least two months." Offered Jon. "Are you bringing your son?"

"Thank you Jon, and yes." Brian said, before hanging up.

A minute later Brian walked back into the hospital room, where he saw Justin holding Gus in his lap. "Is it all right to hold him?"

"The doctor said it was fine." Whispered Justin.

"Daddy." Gus whispered, when he heard his father's voice.

"I'm here baby." Brian said, as he took Gus from Justin.

It must have been an hour later when the rest of the family arrived at the pediatric ward where they found Brian and Justin sitting with Gus.

"How is he?" Debbie asked, as she walked in carrying a bag of clothes.

"He's doing all right, but he keeps asking for Lindsey and Melanie." Justin said, as he continued to rock Gus.

"That's understandable." Debbie said, in a sad voice. (Poor baby, losing his mommies at such a young age. Oh god, the baby.) She thought to herself, as she looked at Gus.

"Why don't you both get something to eat and we'll stay with Gus, until you come back." Emmett said, as he saw how tired they both were.

Just then a nurse came in. "I'm sorry but visiting hours are over."

"Can I please stay with my son?" Brian asked, putting Gus back into bed.

"I'm sorry sir, but without the doctors ok you'll have to leave too." The nurse said, with a sympathetic look.

Without saying a word Brian left the room and went to look for the doctor, who he found in another room. While Brian went to get the note from the doctor the rest of the family left for the night

"Excuse me doctor." Brian said, as he walked into the room.

"Yes Mr. Kinney, how may I help you?" Asked Doctor Anderson.

"I was wondering if I could stay with Gus?" Inquired Brian.

"Of course." Doctor Anderson said, with a smile. He then took out a piece of paper and wrote a note to the nurse.

Taking the note, "Thank you, doctor." Brian said, before leaving.

Walking back into the room he found Gus in Justin's arms, with tears running down his face. "What happened?"

"After you left he woke up and began to cry for you." Answered Justin.

Without saying a word Brian took Gus from Justin and began to rock him back to sleep. As Brian was rocking Gus, the nurse walked in, but before she could say anything Brian handed her the letter from the doctor. Taking the letter, the nurse gave Brian an evil look before walking away.

"Well that was rude." Justin said, as the nurse disappeared.

"Leave it alone." Brian said, not even looking up from Gus. A minute later Gus was asleep and Brian put him back into bed.

While Brian was taking care of Gus, Justin went to one of the nurses, "Excuse me." Justin said, as he walked up to the nurse's station.

"Yes sir." Said one of the nurses.

"I was wondering if you have a cot that my friend and I can sleep on?" Asked Justin.

"You can use the bed next to the other one." Answered the nurse.

"Thank you." Justin said, before going back to the room.

"What did the nurse say?" Brian asked, as Justin walked into the room.

"We can use the beds in the room." Justin answered, before going into the bathroom to change.

While Justin was changing, Brian was sitting with Gus to make sure he didn't wake up crying. A minute later Justin walked out of the bathroom freshly washed and changed into a shirt and pants. After Justin left the bathroom and sat down next to Gus, Brian went in to freshen up. It was a minute later when Brian came out refreshed, changed, and ready for bed.

At five o'clock in the morning Gus woke up crying and wanting his mommy. "Shhhh, its all right baby, daddy's here." Brian said, as he scooped Gus out of bed.

"I want mommy!" Cried Gus.

"I know baby, but mommy can't come." Brian whispered, trying to keep the tears from coming.

"Why?" Whispered Gus. Not knowing what else to do, "Gus, baby mommy and mama were in a car accident and were hurt very bad." Brian said, as he held Gus.

"Will they be better soon?" Asked Gus, looking at his father.

"No baby, they won't. They're in heaven now." Brian answered, in a soft voice.

"When will they be back?" Asked Gus, not understanding that his parents had passed away.

"They won't be coming back, they're with God now." Brian said, knowing that was the only explanation that would serve for now.

As soon as the words were out of Brian's mouth Gus began to cry, wanting his mothers, which woke Justin.

"What happened?" He asked sleepily.

"I just told him about Lindsey and Melanie." Brian said, as he stroked Gus's hair.

"Couldn't you hold it off?" Justin asked, as he sat next to Brian.

"No, he kept calling for them, so I had to tell him." Answered Brian.

Before Justin could say anything else a nurse walked in, "Is everything all right?"

"Yes, he just had a bad dream." Brian answered, while putting Gus back into his bed. When that was done both men got back into their own beds and tried to go back to sleep.


June 30, 2003
Monday

It was around nine o'clock in the morning when the nurse walked into the room to check on Gus. As the nurse was looking him over, Brian woke from a deep sleep when he heard voices coming from Gus's bed.

Getting up Brian walked toward the bed were he stood and just watched Gus.

"He's doing really well. I'm sure you'll be able to take him home in a couple more days." The nurse said, as Brian walked up to them.

"That's great." Brian answered, giving Gus a loving smile.

"I'm sorry about your wife and friend." The nurse said, after a minute of silence.

"She wasn't my wife, we were just friends." Brian answered, not even looking at the nurse.

"Really, then how did she have the baby?" Inquired the nurse. Turning around Brian gave her a weird look.

"You're a nurse and you don't know how babies are made?" Brian asked, in a sarcastic voice.

"Brian honey, don't antagonize the nurse." Justin said, as he took Brian's hand.

Right after the words came out of Justin's mouth the nurse gave them both a dirty look, and then she just walked out of the room. "What the hell was that all about?" Justin asked, after the nurse had gone.

"That was a homophobic bitch." Brian answered, not even looking up from Gus.

It was five minutes later when the doctor came in to check on Gus and see if he could be discharged. "How's he doing doctor?" Asked Justin.

"He's doing very well. We'll be discharging him tomorrow." The doctor answered, giving Gus a smile.

As the doctor was walking out, "Doctor O'Conner I don't want one of your nurses near my son." Said Brian.

"Why and which nurse?" Asked Doctor O'Conner.

"She's blonde haired and because she a homophobic bitch." Brian said, in a hard voice.

"I'll see what I can do." The doctor said, before disappearing out the door.

"Why did you do that?" Justin asked, after the doctor had gone.

"Because I don't want some homophobic bitch near my son." Brian answered.

"Brian don't curse." Justin said, as he sat next to him.

Before Brian could say anything the family came in, "How's he doing?" Debbie asked, as she walked in.

"He's doing all right. They're letting him out tomorrow." Brian answered, with a small smile.

"That's wonderful." Emmett said, as he walked towards the bed.

Looking down he smiled when he saw that Gus was awake and looking at everyone. "How are you doing Gussy?"

"I'm ok auntie Em." Whispered Gus. "But I'm sad."

"I know baby, but you still have your daddy and Justin." Emmett said, giving Gus a loving smile. "I know." Gus said, smiling too.

While Emmett was talking with Gus, "Why don't you two go home and get some sleep." Debbie said, after taking Brian and Justin aside.

"I don't want to leave him alone." Brian said, as he watched Gus and Emmett.

"He won't be alone, we're here." Debbie said smiling gently.

"Ok, but let me tell him." Brian said, as he walked back to the bed. "Gus, daddy and Justin are going home for a few hours, so we can get some sleep and then eat."

"Nonononono, you can't leave me!" Cried Gus.

"Gus baby, daddy needs to get some sleep and eat." Brian said, in a calm voice. "But guess what, Grammy Debbie and auntie Em are gonna stay with you."

"Will you come back?" Gus asked, in a whisper.

"Of course baby, we'll definitely come back." Answered Justin. "In the mean time you get to play with auntie Em."

"Ok." Gus said, giving his father a smile.

"Great, we'll see you in two hours." Justin said, as he took Brian's hand.

Walking out of the hospital they bumped into Michael and Ben who were walking in. "Where are you two going?" Asked Ben.

"We're going home to get some sleep and then something to eat." Answered Brian.

"We were just going to see how Gus was doing." Michael said, wishing that he was some where else. (I liked Gus, but he's not mine. Now due to the car accident, I'll never know my baby.) Michael thought to himself.

"That's great. We should be back in two hours." Brian said, before he and Justin walked away.

"They look so tired." Ben said, as he and Michael got into the elevator.

"I know, but hopefully they'll get some sleep." Michael said, as the doors slid shut.



Kinney’s Loft
11:00 a.m.

An hour later Brian and Justin arrived home and the first thing they decided to do was take a shower. They both got in together and began to wash each other, which led to kissing. The kisses were gentle and loving at first, but as they continued to kiss it became heated.

"Let’s go to bed." Justin whispered.

Without saying a word Brian pulled Justin out of the shower and towards the bedroom, where he pushed Justin down on the bed. They kissed, touched and rubbed up against one another. Brian allowed Justin to explore his body more thoroughly. Justin’s soft hands roaming over every ridge and plane. He couldn’t help the moan that escaped his throat when Justin grasped his cock and began to stroke the already hard shaft.

When Brian felt himself get too close to the edge he stilled Justin’s hand and took a deep breath. Brian rolled on top of Justin keeping most of his weight on his arms. He showered Justin’s face with kisses. Then drew the lobe of Justin’s ear into his mouth. He licked and nibbled on it causing Justin to sigh. Brian placed open-mouthed kisses along his neck and licked along the rigid collarbone. He splayed his hands and ran them along Justin’s chest.

His movements were slow and sensual. All he wanted to do was give immense pleasure. He bent his head downwards. Justin could feel Brian’s warm breath against his nipple, which caused the nub to harden, and his cock to leak. Brian took the rosy nipple in his warm mouth. The tip of his tongue slipped through the ring. He sucked and tugged on it making Justin writhe under him.
Justin’s forehead beaded with sweat making his bangs stringy. Brian knew he couldn’t take much more so he moved on. He caressed and licked his stomach. Brian placed little kisses along Justin’s happy trail.

He lapped at Justin’s cock, which was leaking profusely. His broad tongue licked around the head. Justin moaned and his hips came up off the mattress. Brian held his hips steady. He licked all around Justin’s cock, his tongue wound around the shaft. He laved underneath. Justin’s moaning increased in intensity. Brian took the tip of Justin’s cock in his mouth. He released his hold on his hips letting the boy rock in and out of his mouth.

Justin’s thrusts were shallow. He didn’t want to accidentally choke Brian. His fingers curled into the tangled sheets. Brian caressed his balls. Justin could feel the tingling in his spine and he knew he was going to cum soon.

"Oh god Brian, yes!" Cried Justin.

Raising his head, "You like that don’t you, baby?" Brian asked, as he played with Justin.

That’s when he felt the swell of Justin’s cock within his mouth. His throat contracted in anticipation of the sweet nectar that would soon flood his mouth and throat. Justin cried out and began to cum. Brian moaned as the first spurt hit the back of his throat. He sucked and swallowed all the boy had to offer.

Then finally let Justin’s cock slip from his mouth when he could no longer draw out more of its creamy goodness. Brian flopped down next to Justin and took him in his arms. He kissed him deeply letting him taste himself.

"I want you to fuck me." Justin whispered, as he snuggled next to Brian.

"Don’t you want to take a minute to recover?" Brian asked, as he played with Justin’s nipples. (God, he’s so beautiful.) Brian thought to himself, as he played with Justin’s hair.

"No, I want you now." Justin said, and he climbed on top of Brian.

Then with a smile on his face he reached under the pillow and pulled out a condom. Still smiling he ripped it open and took out the rubber and carefully rolled it onto Brian’s dick. Then he pulled out a tube of lube and applied some to his ass and some to Brian’s sheathed dick. While Justin was preparing them both, Brian was playing with Justin’s nipples, belly button, and cock, which caused Justin to squirm from the wonderful sensations.

"Oh, that’s good." Justin whispered, as Brian played with him.

Without saying a word Brian took hold of Justin’s hips. "Take my dick and put it into yourself." Brian whispered, as his right hand made circles on Justin’s hip.

With a sensual smile Justin adjusted himself over Brian’s dick and then began to lower himself. As Brian’s cock began to slide into Justin’s hole, Brian grabbed Justin by his waist and held him there.

"Why did you stop me?" Justin asked, as he looked down at Brian.

"I want to do this slowly." Brian said, as he began to lower Justin further onto his cock.

When Justin was halfway down Brian’s cock, Brian stopped him and then moved him back up.

"B…Brian please, fuck me." Justin moaned, as Brian pushed up into him.

Smiling Brian began to move Justin up and down in a slow manner, until he couldn’t take it any more. So Justin grabbed Brian’s arms and flung them over his head and then began to move up and down.

"Oh, god that’s so good." Justin moaned, as he fucked himself on Brian.

"Oh, god you’re so tight and warm." Brian moaned, as he flipped Justin over and began to pound into him.

"Ohhh, godohgodohgod." Justin moaned over and over, as Brian pounded into him.

"Ahhhhh!" Brian yelled, as he came.

A second after coming Brian slumped onto Justin. "That was amazing." Whispered Justin.

(I wish I could tell him that I love him.) Brian thought to himself, as he looked at Justin.

"What are you thinking about?" Justin asked, after a minute of silence.

"You, me, Gus, and our soon to be new life." Brian answered, not wanting to tell him the truth.

"Do you think I’ll be able to find a good College?" Asked Justin.

"You don’t need College, you can work at the art department." Brian said, in a distracted voice.

"No, I don’t want you to play favorites." Said Justin.

"I’m not playing favoritism. I’m offering you a job, because you’re good and I trust you." Brian said, trying to stay calm.

"Really?" Justin asked, with a smile.

"Of course, besides I need someone there that knows how I work." Brian answered, with a smile.

"What about Cynthia?" Justin asked, as he remembered Brian’s ex-assistant.

"Shit, you’re right. I forgot all about her." Brian said, as he took out his phone.

"Who are you calling?" Justin asked, in a tired voice.

"Cynthia, I want to offer her the job of my assistant." Brian said, as he dialed her number.

"Why don’t you call her tomorrow after we come home with Gus." Suggested Justin.

"No, I want to give her enough time." Said Brian.

A minute later, "Hello." A voice said, from the other line.

"Cynthia, this is Brian." Said Brian.

"Brian, how are you?" Cynthia asked, in a surprised voice.

"I’m fine. I was wondering if you’re still working for Vanguard?" Inquired Brian.

"Yes, but I hate the person I work for." Answered Cynthia.

"That’s good to hear, because I have job offer and I want you to come with me." Said Brian.

"What’s the job offer and where is it?" Cynthia asked, in an excited voice.

"It’s in Washington, State and it’s a President job for an advertising agency." Answered Brian.

"That’s great Brian." Said Cynthia. "How much are they offering?"

"Around forty thousand a month." Answered Brian.

"Shit, that’s a lot. How much will I be making?" Inquired Cynthia.

"I don’t know, I’ll call my contact tomorrow and talk to him." Answered Brian.

"Thank you Brian, I really appreciate it." Said Cynthia.

"Anything for you Cyn." Brian said, before hanging up.

"Well?" Asked Justin.

"She’s interested." Brian answered, with a smile.

"Good. Now lets get some sleep." Justin said, as he burrowed deeper into the bed.

It was one o’clock when both men woke up from their nap, got up, washed, and dressed. When both men were dressed, they had something to eat and were just about to leave when the phone rang.

"Kinney." Brian said, as he answered the phone.

"Brian, this is Jennifer. Is Justin there?"

"Yea, one moment." Brian said, as he handed the phone to Justin and whispered, "Your mother."

"Hi mom." Justin said, as he took the phone.

"Hello Justin, I was wondering if you would like to go get something to eat?" Asked Jennifer.

"I can’t mom, I have to go to the hospital with Brian." Answered Justin.

"Why, what’s wrong?" Jennifer asked, in a scared voice.

"Lindsey and Melanie were in a car accident with Gus. I’m sorry to say they didn’t make it, but thankfully Gus is alright." Answered Justin.

"How’s Brian doing?" Jennifer asked, realizing that he'd lost one of his best friends.

"He’s tired and very angry about Lindsey’s death, but he’s very relieved that Gus is alright." Answered Justin. "I’m glad. When can I see you honey?" Inquired Jennifer.

"How about tomorrow, I have to talk to you too." Suggested Justin.

"That’s fine, honey. Talk to you later. Love you."

"Love you too." Justin said, before hanging up.

"How’s your mom doing?" Brian asked, after Justin put down the phone.

"She’s ok and she passed along her condolences." Said Justin.

"That was nice of her. Did you tell her about the move?" Asked Brian.

"I’ll tell her tomorrow, when I meet her for lunch." Justin answered, as he finished his lunch.

"Make sure you tell her. If you’re done we can go." Brian said, as he finished his lunch.

"I’m done." Justin said, as he put his dish in the sink.



Hospital

It was three o’clock in the afternoon when both men arrived back at the hospital and headed to the pediatric ward where Michael met them.

"Hey guys, did you sleep well?" Michael asked, as they walked out of the elevator.

"Yea, thanks. How’s Gus?" Asked Brian, in a distracted voice.

"He’s fine." Michael answered, trying to hide the hurt and bitterness in his voice. (Why won’t he ask how I’m doing, since I lost my baby?) Michael thought to himself. (He’ll be able to see his child grow, change, and discover new things while mine never had a chance.)

Brian didn't even pay attention to Michael; he just walked into the room, to see Gus playing with Emmett. "Can I play too?" Brian asked, as he walked in.

"Daddy!" Gus yelled, as he ran toward Brian.

"Hey sonny boy, how are you?" Brian asked, as he hugged Gus.

"Ok, thanks for coming back." Whispered Gus.

"Gus baby, Justin and I will always come back." Promised Brian. Turning toward Justin, "Won't we?"

"Of course." Agreed Justin. (Why would he think we wouldn't come back?) Justin thought to himself.

While Brian and Justin were talking to Gus, Michael was outside the door listening to the two men. (Shit, I almost had him believing that Brian didn't love him and wouldn't be coming back.) Thought Michael. (They owe me a child for the one I lost.)

As Michael was standing outside he didn't see Debbie or the doctor walking by him, "Michael, what are you doing out here?" Debbie asked, as she saw Michael.

"I'm giving Brian and Justin time with Gus." Michael answered, in a distracted voice.

"Oh they're back, good." Debbie said, before walking into the room.

While Debbie was talking with Michael, Doctor Anderson appeared in the hospital room. "I have very good news." Anderson said.

"What's that doctor?" Brian asked, as he played with Gus.

"Gus gets to go home today, instead of tomorrow." Anderson said, with a smile.

"That's wonderful doctor." Justin and Brian said in unison.

"When can we take him home?" Asked Justin.

"I would say in an hour." Answered Anderson.

"Thank you doctor." Brian said quietly.

Round to watch Gus play with Brian, smiled softly.

Around four o'clock one of the nurses walked into the room. "Hello everyone. Mr. Kinney, is Gus ready to go home?" The nurse asked, with a smile.

"Yes, we're all ready." Brian said, as he picked Gus up. As they were walking out of the room, "We're finally going home, sonny boy."

"Where is he going to sleep?" Justin asked, as they walked toward the elevator.

"Shit, I totally forgot." Said Brian.

"We should go to the house and get some of his stuff." Suggested Justin.

"I don't have the keys." Said Brian.

"Didn't the cops give you anything?" Justin asked, in a surprised voice.

"No, but I think we should call Carl and have him bring the keys." Said Brian, not really wanting to go to the police station. "Do you think he'll do it?" Justin asked, as they both got into the car.

"The only thing I can do is ask." Brian answered, as he started the car.



Loft
4:00 p.m.

An hour later Brian pulled up at the Loft, got out, and began to unstrap a sleeping Gus from the back seat. Then all three of them walked into the building and took the elevator to the top floor.

"Brian when do you want to call Carl?" Justin asked, as they walked in.

"I'll do it right now." Brian said, and picked up the phone.

While Brian called Carl Horvath to see if he could get him the keys to Lindsey and Mel's house, Justin took Gus to the bedroom to get some sleep. As Brian was calling Carl, Justin put Gus on the bed and began to rock him to sleep.

"Horvath." A voice said, on the other end of the line

"Carl, this is Brian. I need you to do me a favor." Said Brian.

"What kind of favor?" Carl asked, in a suspicious voice.

"I need the keys to Lindsey and Mel's house." Brian answered, as he walked toward the bedroom when he heard giggling.

"Can I ask why?"

"Didn't your people tell you? They were in a car accident and didn't make it, but thankfully Gus is fine" Brian told Carl.

"I'm sorry to hear that Brian, I'll see what I can do." Said Carl.

"Would it be possible to get the keys today?" Inquired Brian.

"I'll see what I can do. By the way Brian, my condolences on your loss." Carl said, before hanging up.

After hanging up the phone Brian joined Justin and Gus on the bed. "Has he fallen asleep yet?" Brian asked with a smile.

"Just about." Justin answered, with a smile of his own.

"What do you want to do today?" Brian asked, as he watched Gus breath softly.

"We can always rent a video and make some popcorn." Suggested Justin.

"Don't you want to go out?" Asked Brian.

"If we go out, what are we going to do with Gus. Besides we need to start making arrangements about Lindsey and Melanie. Then we have to make arrangements about shipping our stuff to Cascade" Said Justin.

"What stuff?" Brian asked, looking around.

"Your bed, computer, cloths, and kitchen stuff, those arrangements" Justin answered, with a smile.

That was when Brian remembered that he had to call Jon about Cynthia, "Shit, fuck, I forgot to call Jon about Cynthia." Brian said as he got out of bed. Taking the phone Brian called Jon's office.

"Good afternoon, Cable Agency, Paula. Speaking. How may I help you."

"Yes, this is Brian Kinney, I would like to speak to Jon."

"One moment sir." Paula said, and put Brian on hold. A minute later Jon came on the line, "Brian, how are you?" Asked Jon.

"I'm fine Jon. I have a favor to ask of you."

"What kind of favor?" Jon asked, in a suspicious voice.

"I would like to hire my old assistant. I trust her with my life." Answered Brian.

"Is that all. That's fine." Answered Jon.

"How much is she worth?" "I'd say around $50,000 a year." Answered Brian.

"That's fine." Answered Jon.

"Thanks Jon, see you in a month." Brian said, before hanging up.

"Well?" Justin asked, after Brian hung up.

"We have a deal." Brian answered, with a smile.

"That's great, now we just have to wait for Carl." Justin said, before kissing him.



Pittsburgh, PD
4:25 p.m.

After hanging up with Brian, Carl Horvath called dispatch to find out who took the call on the car accident involving Lindsey and Melanie.

He then went to the two Detectives, "Chris, John can I talk to you?" Carl asked, as he walked towards the two detectives.

"Sure Carl, what is it?" Asked John White.

"It's regarding the car accident a couple of days ago. The names were Peterson and Marcus" Answered Carl.

"Yea, I remember. Why?" Asked John.

"Their family called and would like their belongings sent to them." Lied Carl.

"Why did they call you?" John Franklin asked, in a suspicious voice.

"I'm still in contact with the family, even through I broke up with Debbie Novatny." Answered Carl.

"You'll find everything in the lock up." Said John.

"Thanks guys." Carl said, before walking away.

Thirty minutes later Carl came out of the lock up carrying all the belongings that he could find. It was another thirty minutes when he arrived at Brian's Loft with the stuff.



Brian's Loft

It was around five o'clock when there was a knock at the door, "Carl come in." Brian said, after opening the door.

"Thanks, I can't stay long, but here are the girls things." Carl said, as he handed Brian, Lindsey and Melanie's stuff. He paused on the way out of the door. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks Carl, and thank you for bringing their stuff." Brian said, before closing the door.

"Who was that?" Justin said, as he came out of the bedroom.

"Carl, he brought the girls things." Brian said, as he began to look through Lindsey's bag.

"What are you looking for?" Justin asked, as he walked up to Brian. "Their keys. I want to go to their place and get a couple of things for Gus." Brian said, as he took out the keys. Before leaving, "Can you stay with Gus, until I come back?" "Sure, don't forget his stuffed bear." Justin said.

"I won't." Brian said, just before he left.



Peterson-Marcus House

Arriving at the house thirty minutes later, Brian got out of his car, and walked up to it. Reaching the front door, Brian took a deep breath, opened it and went in. Without looking around Brian went upstairs and straight to Gus’s room to pack some of his belongings. When Brian was sure he had everything that he would need, he left and drove back to the loft.



Brian’s Loft
6:00 p.m.

Arriving back at the loft an hour later, Brian walked in to find Justin and Gus on the floor drawing. “Hey guys, what are you doing?” Brian asked, as he walked in.

“We’re playing.” Answered Justin.

“What time does he usually go to sleep?” Brian asked, as he began to unpack Gus’s things.

“I usually put him to sleep around eight.” Justin answered, as he continued to play with Gus.

“Do you want to play with us Daddy?”

“Sure why not.” Brian said, as he walked towards his two favorite men. “But first I think we should eat something.”

After dinner they went back to playing with Gus. It was around seven o’clock when there was a knock at the door, “Mickey, come on in.” Brian said, after opening the door.

“I’ve come to see if you want to come to Babylon?” Michael asked, as he walked in.

“I’m sorry Mickey but I can’t.” Brian answered, as he watched Justin and Gus play.

“But why, you’ll be leaving soon.” Whined Michael.

“Because I want to spend time with my son. Who by the way just lost his mothers?” Brian answered, trying not to lose his temper.

“You’ll be spending time with him when you move.” Michael said, giving Gus an evil look. (Why couldn’t he have died too? Not only does Justin have Brian’s attention, but that stupid kid has it too.) Michael thought to himself, as he watched Gus play with Justin.

“Michael I think you should leave now.” Brian said, trying to hold his temper. Especially when he saw the sad look on Justin’s face.

“But Brian, I won’t ever see you again.” Whined Michael.

“We’ll come visit during holidays.” Brian said, wishing that Michael would just leave.

Before Michael could say anything, “Daddy, play.” Gus said, as he ran up to Brian.

“Don’t interrupt when adults are talking.” Michael said, as he pushed Gus out of the way causing him to fall.

As soon as Michael pushed Gus Justin jumped up and ran to him before Gus could hurt himself. From Brian’s point of view everything was in slow motion, from the time Michael pushed Gus, to Justin running toward him.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Justin yelled, as he held a crying Gus.

“Is he all right?” Brian asked, as he walked over to Justin and Gus.

“He’s fine.” Answered Justin.

Turning toward Michael, “I want you to leave now.” Brian said, in a quiet voice. But deep down inside he wanted to punch Michael for pushing his son. (How dare he lay a hand on Gus?) Brian thought to himself, as he tried to keep his temper in check.

“But Brian, I want to….” Before Michael could finish his sentence, Brian punched him, causing Michael to fall down.

Looking up he saw the anger in Brian’s eyes, and knew he had gone too far, so he decided to be smart and do what Brian said, he got up and left.

“I can’t believe he pushed a baby.” Justin said, in a stunned voice after Michael had gone.

“I guess I didn’t know him as well as I thought.” Brian said, trying to understand why Michael would push his son.

“What do you think got into him?” Justin asked, as he tried to calm Gus down.

“I don’t know, but I want him to stay away from me.” Brian said, as he took Gus from Justin.

“Daddy play.” Gus said, as he hugged Brian.

“Sure, lets go.” Brian said, as all three of them went back to their game.

*

Meanwhile, Michael was driving toward Woody’s were he knew that the rest of the gang was going to be. As Michael arrived at Woody’s he realized that if he walked in that he would have to explain the black eye. He stopped the car and swore he wasn't in the mood anyway. It would be simpler to go home and get some rest, and come up with an explanation for his black eye.

*

Michael arrived home around seven o’clock, he walked in and heard a noise from his and Ben’s room, walking over to the closed door.

Opening the door, Michael was shocked to see Ben and Hunter in bed together. “What the hell is going on?” Michael yelled, in a shocked voice.

Breaking apart, “Michael what are you doing home so early?” Ben asked, in a surprised voice.

“I got into a fight at Woody’s and decided to come home early. Now tell me what the fuck is going on?” Michael asked, still trying to understand what was happing.

“We didn’t mean it to happen, we just fell in love.” Ben said, in a quiet voice.

“How can you fall in love with him, he’s only sixteen.” Michael said, in a stunned voice.

“Actually I’m seventeen.” Hunter said, equally quietly.

“It just happened Michael. We began to talk and over time...we fell in love.” Ben explained.

“Nothing just happens!” Yelled Michael. “How could you do this, and with a slut like him!"

“Don’t call him that. You know it wasn’t his fault that he became a prostitute.” Ben said, in controlled angry voice.

Realizing that he wasn’t going to get anywhere, “I want you to move out.” Michael said, before leaving.

“Where are we going to live?” Hunter asked, after Michael left.

“Don’t worry, I’ll think of something.” Ben said, as he kissed Hunter.

“I want to help.” Hunter said, returning Ben’s kiss.

“Right now, you just worry about school.” Ben answered, as he continued to kiss Hunter.

*

It was seven o’clock when Michael reached his mother’s house walking in and saw his uncle kissing his boyfriend. Not wanting to disturb them, Michael went upstairs to see his mother.

Knocking on Debbie’s door, “Mom can I come in?” Michael asked, through the door.

“Sure honey?” Called out Debbie.

“Oh my god what happened?” Debbie asked, when she saw Michael.

“I got into a fight at Woody’s. Can I stay here tonight?” Asked Michael, not wanting to tell Debbie any more.

“Oh baby, we should put a steak on that.” Debbie said, as she was walking out of the room.

“Ben left me.” Michael said, before Debbie could completely disappear.

Stopping, “What do you mean he left you?” Debbie asked, in a surprised voice.

“He’s been having an affair with Hunter.” Michael answered, in a sad voice

“For how long?” Debbie asked, in a shocked voice.

“I don’t know, I didn’t stay to find out.” Answered Michael.

“I think you should go home and kick both of them out.” Debbie said, desperately wanting to take Michael into her arms.

Realizing that his mother was right, he laughed. “You’re right, I’m going to kick that bastard out of my home.” Michael said, before leaving.

*

A minute after Michael left, Debbie decided to call Brian and talk with him. Picking up the telephone, she dialled Brian’s number.

“Kinney.” A voice said, on the other end.

“Brian, Michael was just here. He told me that Ben has been cheating on him with Hunter!” Cried Debbie.

“What do you want me to do about it?” Brian asked, in a surprised voice.

“Talk to him, before he does something stupid.” Answered Debbie.

“Deb, you said it yourself he’s grown man and can take care of his own problems.” Said Brian. Look at Justin he mouthed Debbie.

“Brian you’re his best friend, you should be there for each other.” Debbie said, in a shocked voice.

“Deb, you told me once yourself that I should let him go and let him be his own man. That's what I’m doing.” Explained Brian.

“You little shit how can you be so heartless, after everything he’s done for you.” Debbie said, in a shocked voice. (How can he not want to help my baby, after everything things he been through?) Debbie thought to herself, forgetting for one moment what Brian had done for Michael.

Without saying a word Brian hung up the phone, “What was that all about?” Asked Justin.

“She just told me that I owe her son for everything he’s done for me.” Brian answered, in a shocked voice.

“Is that why she called?” Justin asked, in shocked voice.

“No, she called because Michael found Ben with Hunter.” Brian answered, with a smile.

“What’s so funny?” Inquired Justin, when he saw Brian smiling.

“Michael’s finally getting his just desserts.” Brian answered, with a laugh.

Realizing what Brian meant Justin began to laugh himself. (That is really appropriate.) he thought, with a smile.

Justin then looked at the clock, “It’s Gus’s bed time.” Justin said, as he got off the floor and picked Gus up.

“Night sonny boy.” Brian said, as he kissed the sleepy baby.

“Not sleepy.” Gus said, before giving a big yawn.

“That’s ok, we’ll just lay down and read a book.” Justin answered, as he began to change Gus.

A minute after changing Gus, Justin put him into the playpen that Brian had brought back. As Justin put Gus down he gave a big yawn and fell right to sleep, which didn’t surprise Justin one bit.

“Is he asleep already?” Brian asked, when Justin walked into the bedroom.

“Yeah, I guess he was really tired.” Justin answered, as he sat next Brian.

As soon as Justin sat next to Brian, Brian grabbed him and began to cry uncontrollably for the loss of two of his dearest friends. Without saying a word Justin held Brian until he'd cried himself out.

“Thanks for just sitting here and holding me.” Brian said, when he felt better.

“You don’t have to thank me, you know I’d do anything for you.” Justin answered, as he kissed Brian on the nose.

“How can you love me, after all I did to you?” Brian asked, in a shocked voice. (How can he still love me after everything that’s happened?) Brian thought to himself as he looked at Justin. (God, he’s so beautiful.)

“I love you because I know you, and you’re a good man.

Even though you don’t want to admit.” Justin answered, with a smile.

“God I wish I could tell you the same thing, but you know that I don’t believe in love.” Said Brian.

“Brian, if you didn’t believe in love, then you wouldn’t have taken Gus in.” Justin said, in a quiet voice.

“I’ll have to think about it.” Brian said, wanting to change the subject.

“What do you want to do?”

“I really don’t know. We can’t go out, because of Gus. Want to watch a movie?” Said Justin.

“Sure, go pick something while I make popcorn.” Brian said, as he got up.

“I thought you didn’t eat after 6:30 p.m.” Justin said, in a surprised voice.

“I don’t but this a special occasion.” Brian said, as he put the popcorn in the microwave.

“What do you want to watch?” Justin asked, as he sat down.

Without saying a word Brian put down the popcorn, grabbed Justin, and began to kiss him. At first the kiss was gentle and loving, but as they continued to kiss, it became deeper and more intense. As the kissing became more intense they both began to take off their clothes. When they were both naked Brian slowly ran his hands down Justin’s torso, and over his groin, locating his cock.

As he stroked him, Brian also pressed his face against his lover's neck inhaled his scent. Justin felt himself responding to his lover’s motions, stiffening as the blood rushed to his cock. In a few minutes a wet spot would appear over the head and soon after that he'd have to come out of his pants because his erection wouldn't have it any other way.

Sliding his hand inside Justin’s shirt, Brian tweaked his nipple and heard the man gasp. He continued to pinch and tease the nipple until it drew into a hard nub. Leaving that one, he turned his attention to the other, until it too stood out from Justin’s chest. He then pressed his hand against the inside of Justin’s underwear and began to play with his cock.

His own was stirring, growing heavier and more sensitive. Like a rutting animal, he rubbed his crotch against Justin’s and sighed, the sensation going through him like an electric current. As his cock was being stroked Justin couldn’t help but moan with the sheer delight of it. He started rubbing against Brian in return, wanting to feel closer to him than before. Justin then went down to his knees and took Brian’ cock into his mouth making him moan in ecstasy.

“Shhhh, you’ll wake the baby.” Justin whispered, as he continued kissing Brian’s cock.

“Sorry, but it’s hard when you’re sucking me.” Brian whispered, as he tried not to moan out loud from the sensation.

“God, you’re so beautiful.” Brian said, walking with Justin to their bed.

“Please…. fuck me.” Moaned Justin.

“How much do you want it?” Brian asked, grabbed Justin’s cock and began to massage it.

“I… I… w… want it so much.” Justin moaned, feeling so good it was almost unbearable.

Brian knelt astride Justin, spread open his legs and kissed his inner thigh, making him moan and sigh from the pleasure. Taking a pillow from under Justin’s head he placed it under the young man’s hips making sure he could see his bud. The beautiful orifice called out to him, taking the lube from under the pillow he worked it into the hole and then onto his cock. He then aligned his cock with the hole and pushed in, causing Justin to moan out loud.

Brian began to thrust in and out of the warm heat of Justin’s body, rotating his hips to gain better access. The rotation was causing havoc on Justin, who was trying to stay sane while his mind felt in danger of melting. They began to move together as one, until Brian stopped and just lay there looking at Justin, watching him moan and writhe, wanting Brian to move. Looking down he pulled out and then shoved his cock back in hard.

Neither could keep that pace for long and within minutes they both began to shudder their release. “God, that was wonderful.” Justin said, after a minute, trying to catch his breath. That was when they heard crying from the crib. Without saying a word Brian got out of bed, went to the crib and picked up Gus, and then went back to the bed.

“What’s wrong Gussy?” Justin asked, as he took Gus from Brian.

“Bad dream.” Gus answered, in a sad voice.

“Do you want to sleep with me and daddy?” Justin asked, as he put Gus down.

“Yes.” Gus answered, with a yawn.



June 31, 2003 = Tuesday

It was eight o’clock in the morning, when Gus woke up crying from a nightmare causing Justin and Brian to wake up.

“What’s wrong Gussy?” Justin asked, in a tired voice.

“Nightmare.” Gus whispered, in a frightened voice.

“Are you better now?” Justin asked, after Gus stopped crying.

“Yes.” Answered Gus.

“Do you want to go back to sleep?” Inquired Justin.

“No, hungry.” Gus answered, in a sleepy voice.

“Ok, why don’t we get up and I’ll make you something to eat.” Justin said, as he helped Gus up.

They then went to the bathroom, where they washed, dressed, and then went to the kitchen to get something to eat.

While Justin was cooking breakfast, Brian got up and went to the bathroom so he could take a shower. Ten minutes later Brian walked out of the bathroom wearing just a towel and then went to the bedroom to change.

As Brian was changing there was a knock on the door, “Justin can you get it?” Called out Brian.

“Sure.” Justin called back, as he went to the door.

Opening the door Justin was surprised to see Lindsey’s parents standing there, “Mr. and Mrs. Peterson, please come in. How may we help you?” Justin asked, as he let the Petersons in.

“Thank you, but we won't be staying long.” Mrs. Peterson said, as she walked in.

“We're here to get the key to the house.” “Of course let me get them.” Said Justin. A minute later Justin came back handing the key to Mrs.
Peterson. “I’m sorry about your loss Mr. and Mrs. Peterson.”

“Yes, thank you.” Mrs. Peterson said, in a distracted voice. Then without saying a word or even looking in Gus’s direction the Petersons left. “Well that was rude.” Justin said, as he joined Brian and Gus at the table.

“Don’t mind them, they’re just snobs.” Brian said, as he helped Gus eat his breakfast.

After breakfast all three of them finished dressing, "Are we talking Gus to school today?” Justin inquired, while he was dressing.

“No he should have some time to get over Lindsey and Mel’s death.” Brian answered, as he watched Gus play with his toys.

“So what do you want to do today?” Justin asked, as he also watched Gus play.

“I think we should go to the zoo.” Brian answered, loud enough for Gus to hear.

“Zoo, I want zoo!” Gus yelled, as he ran to Brian and Justin

“I guess it’s decided. We’re going to the zoo.” Brian said, as he picked up Gus.

“Yaaaa, the zoo!” Gus cried, happily.

As they were walking out the door, “Do you want to invite anyone?” Inquired Justin.

“No.” Brian answered, in a cold voice.

Hearing the cold voice Justin realized that he should drop the subject, “Ok, is everyone ready?” Justin asked, a minute later.

“Yeeessss. I want the zoo!” Gus cried happily.

“Ok, then lets go.” Brian said, as he picked Gus up.

It was one o’clock in the afternoon when Brian, Justin, and Gus came back from the zoo to find the Petersons coming the other way toward them,
“Mr. and Mrs. Peterson, it’s nice to see you again.” Justin said, with a fake smile.

“Yes, thank you. We are here to return the keys to you.” Mrs. Peterson said, not even looking and Brian who was holding Gus. Realizing what was going on.

“Aren’t you going to say hello to your grandson?” Asked Brian.

Without saying a word Mrs. Peterson turned around and began to walk away, “George lets go.” Mrs. Peterson called back for her husband.

Giving all three of them a smile Mr. Peterson followed his wife, “God he’s dick whipped.” Brian said, as he watched Mr. Peterson walk away.

“How can she be so cold and not say hello to her grandson?” Asked Justin.

“Because she’s a homophobic bitch and didn’t want to acknowledge that Lindsey and Melanie were married and Gus was their son.” Brian answered, with venom in his voice.

“I know, but they can at least acknowledge Gus since he’s the last link to Lindsey.” Justin said, in a sad voice.

“Don’t mind them.” Brian said, as he walked into the building.

Walking into the loft Justin noticed that Gus was sleeping with his head on Brian’s shoulder. With a smile Justin took Gus from Brian and put him into his crib and then went back to the kitchen. “When do you want to travel to Cascade, so we can find a place?” Justin asked, while he started lunch.

“I think we should go after we sell the house and the reading of the will.” Brian answered, as he helped Justin.

“Do you know when the reading is supposed to be?” Inquired Justin.

“I think Thursday and then we’ll know what to do with the house.” Answered Brian.

*

“Do you think I should wake Gus so he can eat?” Asked Justin.

“No, let him sleep.” Brian said, as he sat the table.

It was an hour later that Gus woke up, got out of his crib and went to look for Brian and Justin, who were sitting in the living room watching television.

“Daddy?” Gus called out, as he walked up to the two men.

“Hey Sonny Boy, I guess you’re up.” Brian said, as he helped Gus onto his lap. As soon as Gus sat down he looked towards Justin.

“Just hungry.”

“Ok, I’ll make you a sandwich.” Justin said, as he got up and headed for the kitchen.

“Peanut butter!” Yelled out Gus.

“Peanut butter it is.” Justin said with a smile.

A minute later Gus was sitting in his high chair eating his peanut butter sandwich when the phone rang, “Kinney.” Brian said, as he answered the phone.

“Hello Mr. Kinney, this is John River. I was Melanie’s partner at the law firm.”

“What can I do for you Mr. River?” Asked Brian.

“I would like to set up a time for you and your lover to come in for the reading of the will.” Answered John.

“What time is good for you?” Inquired Brian.

“I think 3 o’clock is fine.” Answered John.

“Ok, we’ll see you at 3.” Brian said, before hanging up the phone.

“Who was that?” Asked Justin.

“It was one of Mel’s law partners, he wants us to come in today at 3 o’clock for the reading of the will.” Answered Brian.

“Good, hopefully it won't take long. We can then make arrangements to sell the house and then find a place we can live in Cascade.” Justin said, as
he helped Gus drink his juice.

“Then I guess I should find an agency in Cascade.” Brian said, as he got up and went to his computer. It took Brian ten minutes to find an agency that looked good and it was called Centuary 21.

“Cascade Centuary 21. How may I help you?” Answered a woman's voice.

“Yes hello, my name is Brian Kinney and I’d like to make an appointment to see some apartments that are available.” Said Brian.

“One moment Mr. Kinney.” She said politely.

A minute later, “Hello Mr. Kinney my name is Tony Bell, how may I help you?” Asked Tony.

“Yes, hello Mr. Bell. I’m calling to see if there are any lofts available in Cascade. You see my lover, son, and I are moving to Cascade next month and we need to find a place to live.” Explained Brian.

“Of course Mr. Kinney. When do you want to come and look at the choices?” Asked Bell.

“We can be there Friday.” Answered Brian.

“Good, I’m sure I’ll have something before you get here.” Said Tony.

“I just need to ask a few questions.”

“Of course.”

“Well, what are you looking for in a house, or loft and with how many bedroom?” Asked Tony.

“I know we want a loft with two bedrooms.” Brian answered, after thinking a second.

“Alright Mr. Kinney. We should have something for you by Friday.”

“Thank you Mr. Bell.” Brian said, before hanging up.

“Well?” Justin asked, a second after Brian hung up.

“We have an appointment to see Tony Bell of Cascade Centuary 21 on Friday.” Answered Brian, with a smile.

“Great. So what are we going to get?” Inquired Justin.

“I thought we could get a loft with two bedrooms.” Brian answered, as he watched Gus play.

“That sounds good.” Answered Justin.

As Brian and Justin were talking about what they wanted in their new home there was a knock at the door. Giving Justin a look, Brian went to the door and opened it to see Michael standing there.

“Mikey, what are you doing here?” Brian asked, in a surprised voice.

“I came to see if you wanted to go to Babylon?” Michael asked, as he tried to see past Brian’s shoulder. Blocking Michael from entering.

“We won’t be going, but we’ll see you at the diner.” Brian said, trying to keep his temper.

“Brian come back, Gus wants to play with you.” Justin called out, after seeing Brian’s body language change.

“I have to go, but we’ll see each other at the diner.” Brian said, before closing the door. (God what an asshole.) Brian thought to himself.

Seeing that Brian was about to go into a funk, “I was thinking, why don’t we go to the diner and see Debbie.” Justin said, as he smiled at Brian.

“What time is it now?” Inquired Brian.

“Shit, its two o’clock.” Justin answered, as he looked at his watch.

“I guess we should get dressed.” Brian said, as he smiled at Justin.

“You think?” Justin said, in a sarcastic voice.

Five minutes later all three of them were dressed and were just walking out of the door when the phone rang.

When Justin was going to go back in, “Leave it, we don’t have time.” Brian said, as he grabbed his arm.

"What if it’s important?” Justin asked, as Brian pulled him out the door.

“If its really important they’ll call out cell phones.” Brian said, as he pushed Justin into the elevator.

It was 2:55 when Brian, Justin, and Gus arrived at the law office and were meet by the Receptionist. Picking up the phone, “Mr. Kinney, Mr. River will see you now.” Said the Receptionist.

“Thank you Laura.” Said Mr. River. A moment later John River came out. “Thank you for coming on such short notice.” John said, as he shook hands with Brian and Justin.

“It’s no problem.” Brian said, as they followed John into his office. As he sat behind his desk,

“You all know each other.” Said John

“Yes.” Said The Petersons, Brian, and Justin.

“Ok, lets gets started.” John said, as he took out a folder.

As he was Opening it up, “Is that Lindsey’s will?” Asked Ms. Peterson.

"Actually it’s Lindsey and Melanie’s will.” Answered John, as he took out the will.

“May I ask why we’re reading a will before the funeral?” Inquired Mr. Peterson.

“They wanted their will read before their funeral, so everyone would know what they wanted done.” John answered, as he went through the will.
“If everyone’s ready I’ll begin.

//I Lindsey Peterson-Marcus, in sound mind and body leave everything to my son Gus Peterson-Marcus-Kinney when he turns 25 years old, but until then everything is to be looked after by my partner Melanie Marcus-Peterson. If anything should happen to Melanie before Gus’s 25th birthday, he is then to be raised by his father Brian Andrew Kinney and Justin Paul Taylor. //

Before John could say anything else, “What, how dare she leave everything to him?” Ms. Peterson said, as she pointed to Brian.

“She didn’t leave Brian anything, she left it to her son.” Answered John. “May I continue? Thank you...

//If Brian wishes he can sell the house; take the money and do whatever he wants with it. Meanwhile, my mother and father for the love you showed me until I met and fell in love with Mel, I leave you $10, so that they wont be able to sue Brian.//

As soon as John finished reading, “How dare she just leave us $10 after everything we did for her?” Mrs. Peterson said, in a shocked voice.

“Yea, you did so much that you won't even acknowledge your own grandson.” Brian said, in a sarcastic voice.

“I don’t know what you are talking about, I’ve acknowledge Guy.” Said Mrs. Peterson, in a snobbish voice.

“His name is Gus.” Brian said trying to control his temper.

“Mrs. Peterson, Mr. Kinney may I finish?” John said, as he took out a set of different papers.

“Of course, sorry about that.” Justin said, and he put a hand on Brian’s arm.

“Thank you, //I Melanie Marcus-Peterson being of sound mind and body leave everything to my wife Lindsey Peterson-Marcus. But in the event of her death everything will go to my son Gus Peterson-Marcus, and is to be held in trust until he turns 25 years old. The trustee's of the estate are Brian Andrew Kinney and Justin Paul Taylor. // Does anyone have any questions?” John asked, after finishing.

“Yes, I want to know why my husband and I weren't left anything; after all we are her family?” Mrs. Peterson asked, in a snobbish voice.

“If you were her family then you would have acknowledged Melanie and Gus and her family too. But the only grandchild you ever acknowledged was your other daughters.” Brian said, no longer able to control his temper.

“Brian baby sit down.” Justin said, in a soothing voice.

“I don’t know what to tell you Mrs. Peterson, but that’s what the will states.” John said, in an embarrassed voice.

Without saying anything Mrs. Peterson got up and was about to walk out when she felt a pull on her arm. Looking behind her she saw that it was her husband, who had a very serious look on his face.

“Patricia, sit down.” Mr. Peterson said, as he turned around toward Gus.

“Hello Gus, I’m your grandpa.” Realizing what Mr. Peterson was trying to do.

“Don’t it’s a little late for that. You should have thought of that when Lindsey was still alive.” Brian said, as he blocked Gus from the Peterson’s.

“Mr. Kinney he’s my grandson and I would like to know him better.” Said Mr. Peterson.

“Mr. Peterson you should have thought of that when your daughter was still alive.” Brian said, as he picked Gus up.

As Brian and Justin were walking out the door, “I can always take you to court.” Said Mr. Peterson.

That comment stopped both Brian and Justin, “Could he really do that John?” Brian asked, but kept his back to the Peterson.

“No, there was a third will that I didn’t read because it was only if you were threatened.” John said, as he took out a third will.

“What do you mean they had a will for something like this?” Mrs. Peterson asked, in a shocked voice.

“I guess your daughter knew you very well.” Brian said, in a sarcastic voice. “John please read the will.”

Picking up the papers, //I Lindsey Peterson-Marcus disown my family for trying to take away Gus from Brian, and take back the name Lindsey Kinney-Marcus. While in College Brian and I married, but got an annulment a month later, but I kept his name in secret even when I married Melanie. If they take Brian to court regarding Gus or the will I have asked my lawyer to show the judge a letter I have write regarding my parents.
They know what the letter is about and hopefully with this threat they will leave Brian, Gus, and Justin alone. //

“H…. how dare she do this?” Mrs. Peterson asked, in a surprised and shocked voice.

“I can’t answer that Mrs. Peterson only your daughter could.” John answered, while putting his papers away.

“Thank you John, we’ll being going know.” Brian said, as he took Justin’s hand and led him out.

As they where walking out of the room, “Why did you ever tell me that you had married Lindsey?” Justin asked, trying to get over his shock.

“I never think about it.” Brian answered, as he helped Gus into the car.

“What do you mean you never think about it? You were married.” Justin said, in shocked voice.

“Justin, baby it happened when we were drunk and high and thought it would be fun.” Brian explained, as he got into the car.

“You still could have told me.” Justin said, in a sad voice.

“Tell you what, when we get home I’ll tell you everything I did in College.” Brian said, trying to control his temper.

“I don’t need to know what you did in College. I just want to know the important things.” Said Justin.

“Right now the only thing of importance is that I love you and Gus.” Brian whispered.

“I know you love us, but I want to know more about your past.” Justin says, giving Brian a sad smile.

“There’s nothing more to know than what you know now.” Answered Brian.

“Will you promise me that you will tell me if you remember anything?” Inquired Justin.

“I promise.” Brian answered, with a smile.



Kinney Loft

It was four-thirty when they arrived at the loft to be met by Michael who was standing there, “What are you doing here Mickey?” Brian asked, as he was getting out of the car.

“I thought we could go to Babylon later today.” Michael said as he watched Brian.

“We can’t, but thanks for ask.” Brian said, as he and Justin were walking into the building.

“Come one Brian, you haven’t been to Babylon for weeks.” Michael said, in a whining voice.

“I haven’t gone to Babylon for a couple of reasons, one Lindsey and Melanie have died, two I have Gus to take care and three I’m watching my money.” Brian said, while blocking the door to the building.

“Daddy, I’m hungry.” Gus said, as he tugged on Brian’s jeans.

“Ok baby we’re going upstairs.” Brian said, as he picked up Gus.

“Brian.” Michael called out, as Brian and Justin went inside. (Shit, now what am I going to do.) Michael thought to him self as he walked away.

As Brian and Justin were getting into the elevator, “Brian you really should do something about Michael.” Said Justin.

“I know, but he seems to need me more than before.” Explained Brian.

“Brian, baby he’s 30 years old he can take care of him self.” Said Justin. “Besides, you’re moving all the way to Washington and he’s staying here.

“You’re right. I’ll take to him tomorrow.” Promised Brian.

“What do you want to do now?” Inquired Justin, while playing with Gus.

“We can go to the movies.” Suggested Brian.

“Why don’t you go to Babylon and I’ll stay here and play with Gus.” Justin said, giving Brian a loving smile.

“Babylon is boring with out you.” Brian answered, as he sat down next to both his boys.

Brian, Justin and Gus were playing with Gus’s toys when there was a knock on the door, getting up Brian went to see who it was.

Opening the door Brian sees Ted standing there, “What are you doing here?” Brian asked, in a shocked voice.

“I’ve come to apologize for everything that I’ve ever said or did to you.” Ted said, in a quite voice.

“What do you mean apologize?” Inquired Brian. (He looks different.) Brian thought to him self.

“I’ve been going to counseling at the drug center and its helping me.” Ted answered, not even looking at Brian.

“How long have your been in counseling?” Asked Justin.

“The beginning of last month.” Ted answered, in a quite.

“I’m glade Ted. Hope you get better soon.” Justin said, giving Ted an encouraging smile.

“Thank you Justin.” Ted said, giving Justin a smile. “Brian I just came here to tell you that I’m sorry for everything I’ve ever said or did.”

“I forgive you.” Answered Brian.

“Thank you. I have to go and see Lindsey and Melanie, but I’ll see you later.” Ted said, before leaving.

Before Ted could leave, “I’m sorry to tell you but Lindsey and Melanie were in a car crash and passed away.” Brian said, in a sad voice.

“Oh my god, how did it happen?” Ted asked, in a shocked voice.

“The other driver was drunk.” Brian answered, while looking Ted over.

Ted became quite uncomfortable with Brian starring at him, “I have to go and see Emmett then.” Ted said, before leaving.

“I wonder what happened to make go into rehab?” Brian wondered, as he followed Justin to where Gus was.

“Why would anything have to happen for Ted to go into rehab?” Justin asked, in a surprised voice.

“Because the way he was going he was going to die.” Brian answered, as he picked Gus up.

“What do you think happened?” Asked Justin.

“Don’t know, but it must have been really bad for Ted to want help.” Said Brian.

Meanwhile, Ted was walking toward Babylon hoping he would find Emmett there and he could talk to him. As Ted walked into Babylon he began
to crave drugs again, so the only thing he knew he had to leave. Ted was walking out when he bummed into Emmett as he was walking in.

“Oh sorry, didn’t see you there.” Said Emmett.

“It’s alright Em.” Ted said, as he gives Em a smile.

“Ted how are you?” Emmett asked, in a surprised voice.

“I’m all right Em. Emmett, I have to tell you something. Can we go some where quite?” Asked Ted.

“Sure, lets go to the dinner.” Emmett said, trying to figure out what was going on.

It took them ten minutes to get to the dinner, as they walked in they were meet by Debbie, “Hey guys, what will it be?” Inquired Debbie.

“I’ll just have coffee, Deb.” Ted said, as Emmett and he sate down.

“And you Em?” Asked Deb.

“I’ll have the same thing.” Emmett said, as he watched Ted. After Debbie walked away, “You wanted to talk to me Teddy?”

“Yea, I want to apologize to you for everything I’ve done.” Ted said, not even looking at Emmett.

“Teddy what happened?” Emmett asked in a concerned voice.

For two hours Ted told Emmett what happened and that he realized that he needed help or something like that would happen again. He then told
him how he met Blake again and who he helped him.

“Are you getting back together with him again?” Emmett asked hoping he didn’t sound scared.

“I don’t know.” Ted answered, in a quit voice.




to be continued