Title: Accepting Destiny

By: Nichole

Fandom: Crossover (Queer As Folk/MutantX)

Pairing: Brian Kinney/Justin Taylor

Rating: NC-17

feedback: Yes

Email: QAF3play@attbi.com

Summary: When the GSA come after Justin.

Notes: this is an AU story so I sort of messed with the history, continuity, and anything else I chose to of both QAF and Mutant x in order to fit my purpose including making Justin a few years older he‘s around 23 instead of 19. Originally intended for QAF Improv #20 [crossover]. This is my first attempt at writing anything in the Mutant X fandom. Possible series. Special thanks to Beca for beta’ing for me any and all mistakes re mine.

Disclaimer: Mutant X is owned by Marvel Entertainment, Fireworks Entertainment and Tribune Entertainment. QAF and it's character's are the property of Russell T. Davies, Showtime, Ron Cowen, Daniel Lipman, Cowlip, and others. All original characters belong to me. This is for Entertainment purposes only. All original characters are mine. This story is for Entertainment purposes only.

 

Accepting Destiny

By: Nichole

Leaving Babylon The gang walked out into the cool night air. "Hey you want a ride," Ted asked more our of concern for Justin’s welfare then Brian’s.

Smiling at the arm that slid around his waist Brian put his arm over the other mans shoulder answering, "No," as they turned and started for home.

"When we get home I’m going to fuck you so hard you wont be able to stand tomorrow," Brian growled as they turned down an alley.

"Good thing I took tomorrow off," Justin giggled as he felt first surprise then joy poor out Brian. Brian had been trying to get him to take Friday off all week.

Justin was knocked out of his reverie when he felt several presences closing in on them. "Brian…" he started.

"…we’re not alone." Brian finished. He could hear at least six others in the ally with them. backing Justin against one of the buildings he took up a defensive posture in front of the younger man. His eyes shifted color as the animal in him took over. He after watching one of the men scream and fall to the ground clutching his head, he looked back at Justin who only smiled. Turning back to the men he pounced attacking the closest one.

Justin felt as four more joined them in the ally, not sensing an immediate threat from them he once again concentrated on the men currently attacking them. His focus was quickly turned back to the new comers when a beam of electricity whizzed past him. "Sorry," one of them said as they joined him and Brian fighting off the attackers.

After the last man was taken care of Brian moved back to Justin’s side standing halfway in front of him in a protective manner blocking him from the four that stood across from them.

"Come with us and you’ll be safe," the Blonde haired woman said.

"Who the hell are you and why the fuck would we go anywhere with you?" Brian asked.

"I’m Shalimar, that’s Emma, he’s Jesse, and he’s Brennan and if you don’t come with us those guys or others like them will come back for you." Shalimar replied her patience dwindling.

"Look thanks for helping out but we don’t know you and we sure as hell aren’t going anywhere with you." Brian spat keeping himself between the strangers and Justin.

//who are you?// Justin called out from his mind looking at the dark haired woman.

//A friend. Now please, You have to trust us, we’re here to help you.//

//And I’m supposed to just trust you. I don’t even know you. For all I know you’re could be working with those guys that want to hurt us//

//You have the same power as I do, you would have sensed it if I was a threat to you.//

Justin eyed her suspiciously.

//Look we don’t have much time. We need to get out of here before they come back.//

//What do they want from us?// Justin asked

//We will tell you everything once we are safe but for now we have go!// Emma pleaded.

Turning back to his lover Justin touched Brian’s arm getting the older man’s attention. "Brian we can trust them," he said barely above a whisper.

"Are you sure?" Brian asked.

With one last look at Emma Justin moved so that he was staring into hazel eyes, "I’m sure."

Still not completely sure of the strangers but willing to trust Justin’s assessment Brian relaxed his stance, "what the hell are we waiting for then? lets go."

"I think life just go more interesting," Brennan stated leading the way to the plane.

"What the fuck is that?" Brian spat.

"Think of it like a blind fold," Jesse said.

"And why the hell do we need to be blindfolded," Brian didn’t like the idea of not knowing where he was.

Having already allowed them to put the device on him Justin took Brian’s hands in his own making sure to block his mind from everyone except the older man he sent him an image of them flying over water- showing him that while the device may have blocked his sight it hadn’t impeded his abilities. //Don’t worry Bri I know where we’re going. I can see anything she sees.//

Letting go of the younger man’s hand Brian allowed them to apply the device to his temple blocking out his eyesight.

Fifteen minutes later the devices came off. "See no harm done," Jesse smiled.

"Where are we?" Brian asked ignoring the younger man.

"this is Sanctuary. Our Home." Shalimar replied leading them into the building.

"Wow," Justin said looking around the place, "it’s beautiful."

"Bigger than the loft," Brian deadpanned causing his lover to laugh.

"And what loft would that be?" everyone turned toward the new voice.

"And you are?" Brian asked the new comer stepping in front of Justin once more. The action didn’t go unnoticed.

"This is Adam…"

"…our leader."

"You can relax you’re safe here," Adam told them.

"What does everybody want from us," Brian inquired.

"it’s him they want," Adam indicated to Justin, "you’re just a bonus, a two for one sort of thing."

"Who are you, who are they, and what do does everybody want with me?" Justin asked turning back to the group in front of them.

"They are the GSA," Shalimar answered.

"The GSA?"

"The Genetic Security agency. They want you because of your abilities."

"What do you know about my abilities?" Justin asked curious.

"I know that most mutants with Psionic abilities usually…"

"Why should I believe you when you worked for them?" Justin asked cutting off Adam mid-sentence.

"How? You’re reading my mind aren’t you?" Adam asked annoyed.

Justin shrugged, "you guys come of out nowhere, say you want to helps us but in reality you want the same thing those guys in the ally want…"

"What is it we want?" Brennan questioned.

"To use me. You want to use my abilities to further whatever cause it is you guys have." Justin rejoined stepping closer to Brian.

"We are nothing like them. Yes, I want you to join Mutant X help us to ‘further the cause’ as you put it but it’s not mandatory. However, Genomex will put a Subdermal Governor in your head to force you to cooperate or put you in a stasis pod."

"How about we go with the other option. We are out of here." Brian told them.

"Look if you don’t want to join us I can understand that but at least let us get into the underground so that they can’t get to you again."

"We aren’t leaving our family. Look we’ll just find our own way out of this mountain."

"Mountain?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah, you know those little devices of yours are real nice and all but eyesight is the only thing they block. I couldn’t see out of my eyes so I saw out of hers." Justin pointed to Shalimar.

"That’s why Eckhart wants you. If he gets a hold of you he’ll use you to find this place and we can’t let that happen."

//You know you can trust us.//

//I know but we wont leave our friends and family behind. Brian has a son, I have a mother and sister. We wont leave them.//

//You wont have to, if you stay here with us.//

//We’ll stay the night but I can’t promise anything.//

"We will stay the night," Justin said aloud.

"Justin." Brian said in disbelief.

"Brian?"

"Fine we stay the night." Brian said upon seeing the look Justin was giving him. "Got a guest room?"

"Emma will show you to your rooms…"

"Room." They countered at the same time.

~~~~

"Can we really trust them?" Brian asked Justin once they were alone.

"Unfortunately yes." Justin moved to straddle his lover seeking reassurance.

"I would think it’s a good thing we can trust them." Brian wrapped his arms around the younger man.

"He’s telling the truth Brian. Which means that our options are limited. We either stay and help these people or we go underground because there’s no way we can fend this GSA off forever and I don’t relish the thought of being forced to help that eckhart guy."

"That stasis pod didn’t sound very nice either." Brian hugged Justin tighter seeking his own comfort.

"I love you Brian," Justin whispered against the neck he was nuzzling. wanting to be closer Justin pulled back far enough to capture the older man in a searing kiss that left them both panting.

Want turning into need the two quickly divested themselves of their clothes. Brian sighed at the wave of pleasure that passed through him as he draped himself over his lover- who was now laying across the bed. Content at kissing and touching the two stayed that way for sometime until the need to be closer began to overwhelm them once again. "Shit." Brian said realizing he left the condom in his pants.

Snorting Justin watched Brian as he watched the condom floating toward them. "Forget something," Justin chuckled as Brian plucked it out of the air.

Both men cried out as Brian plunged deep into his tight channel burying himself to the hilt. Making eye contact Brian felt the familiar sensation of Justin’s mind connecting with his- it was a feeling that while once had scared him now made him feel safe.

"Oh.. God.. Bri.." Justin moaned as he felt his orgasm building up, knowing that Brian wasn’t far behind him he let himself go. "Brian," Justin called out both out loud and mentally as both of them went careening over the edge.

~~~~

Waking up to find himself alone Justin got dressed and went looking for his errant lover. Justin found him in what looked like a medical lab. "Morning," Justin said wrapping his arms around the man and kissing the bare shoulder.

Turning into the embrace Brian kissed Justin lightly on the lips before saying, "morning baby."

"How long have you been up?" Justin questioned.

"Couple of hours."

"You should’ve woke me."

"You were sleeping so peacefully I couldn’t bring myself to wake you. Besides, if there was anything wrong you would’ve woken up," looking around the lab once more Brian looked back down at Justin, "look at this place. You better be sure we can trust these people because I don’t want to become somebody’s science project."

"I’m sure," he replied nuzzling into the chest he was leaning against.

"Ahem."

Both men looked over upon hearing not bothering to pull apart Brian asked, "What is this place?"

"This is my research lab. Before you ask, I will need to do a scan of your bodies," seeing the look their faces he quickly added, "it wont hurt. It’ll just allow me to make sure your DNA is stable."

"Stable?" they said in chorused.

"Yes, mutant DNA has a tendency to fluctuate and in some cases become unstable. This," Adam pointed at the table and machine, "allows me to monitor it."

"This just keeps getting better and better," came Brian’s sarcastic response.

"Bri…"

"Mikey would love this place, straight out of one of his comic books." Brian spoke softly.

"Yeah and we aren’t," Justin giggled, "he’d freak if he knew the truth about us." Climbing on the table Justin settled back before addressing Adam, "Where here so we might as well get this over with."

~~~~

"Where are you guys going?" Jesse called out seeing Brian and Justin getting ready to leave.

"Were going to tie up some lose ends," Brian sneered.

"I don’t think that’s a good idea right now," Jesse told them, "Eckhart’s probably got half the GSA out looking for you."

"I don’t know how it was with the rest of you but we have lives, we can’t just disappear and nobody notice. Friends, family, jobs those all have to be squared away before anything happens not to mention we need our clothss."

"It always comes down to clothes with you, doesn’t it?"

"Of course. You didn’t really think I’d leave my Prada behind did you." Brian teased trying to hid his smile but failing.

"I still don’t think it’s a good idea but at least take someone with you."

"I’ll go," Both Shalimar and Brennan said.

"Whatever," Brian muttered.

"Cynthia… no I’m fine… I know… fuck will you shut up and listen to me.. I need you to set up a meeting with Vance… I don’t care if he doesn’t want to be disturbed… tell him I’m ready to deal… call me back with the time…" not waiting for a response he hung up just as the cab pulled up to the loft.

"I’m going to miss this place," Justin said with a sad smile. He felt Brian’s arms encircle him his head coming to rest on his shoulder before he spoke, "me too, me too." Both men thinking back to the first of many nights spent there.

Brennan and Shalimar watched in muted silence as the pair packed up the most important items from what was now their life.

After loading their cars with their belongings the four parted ways Brian and Shalimar going one way while Justin and Brennan went another. They agreed to meet up at Lindsay’s later having already made arrangements for everybody to be there, they preferred to tell everyone at once instead of individually.

~~~~

Parking the jeep behind Justin’s mustang Brian and Shalimar walked over to the two men leaning against the car. "How come you’re not inside ?" Brian asked giving his lover a peck on the cheek.

"And face them alone," Justin shook his head, "I don’t think so."

"Ah the terrified twink my hero." Brian grinned

"That would make you the annoying asshole," Justin countered the meanness of his retort undermined by the smile playing across his features. The four of them walked into the house without knocking.

"Sunshine, Brian.. Is that you?" Deb called out from the other room.

"Daddy," Gus came running into the foyer throwing himself at Justin.

"Hi Gus," Justin said scooping up the toddler into his arms he received a sloppy kiss.

Twisting in his arms Gus held out his for his father, "Dada."

"Hey there Sonny boy," Brian took the boy giving him a hug.

Pointing to the two standing behind his fathers Gus asked, "Who are they?"

"Are you going to get your asses in here or what?" they heard Deb call out once more.

"Who the hell are they?" Michael questioned.

"Don’t be rude," Deb scolded hitting her son lightly over the head. "Sunshine are you going to introduce us or not?"

"Brennan, Shalimar I’d like you to me Deb, vic, Ben, Michael, Lindsay, Melanie, Ted, Emmett, Molly, everybody this Brennan and Shalimar," Justin established.

"He’s cute," Emmett whispered to Ted.

"He’s also straight," Brian told him. His sensitive hearing picking the comment even from across the room.

"Honey what’s this all about?" Jennifer asked getting straight to the point.

Looking over at Brian he was greeted with a raised eyebrow signaling him to tell them. Annoyed at Brian for making him tell them Justin sent him an image of what he expected for payback. He smiled to himself as he felt a wave of desire come off Brian.

Not sure of how to tell them he blurted out, "Brian and I are moving."

"What?" "When?" "Why?" came flying at them from different areas of the room.

"One question at a time," Brian told them.

"When?" Lindsay asked.

"As soon as we leave here."

"What about your work?" someone asked.

"Vance bought me out and Justin quit."

"What about the loft?" someone else asked.

"actually Mom we were wondering if you’d list it for us." Justin told his stunned mother.

"Su-sure," she stammered words failing her not that it mattered she knew that look on his face. It was the look that told her nothing she or anybody said was going to change his mind.

Nobody knew what to say it seemed like the pair had everything figured out.

"What about Gus?" Mel verbalized.

"What about him?" Brian asked.

"Do you even care how he feels?"

Brian looked at the toddler who had fallen asleep on the couch, "Of course I care. It‘s not like we‘re moving to Alaska we‘ll be around just not as much."

"Why the sudden decision to move?" Emmett asked.

"We’ve been thinking about moving for a while," Justin told him earning him looks of surprise from everyone in the room.

"What’s the big deal, people move all the time." Brian barked annoyed with all the questions. Brian excused himself from the group going to find Michael who had disappeared.

"I don’t understand," Michael told his best friend.

"there’s nothing to understand Mikey," Brian informed him.

"Everything was fine until he came along. I wish things could back to the way they were." Michael nearly shouted.

"The way things were. What the tricking? The drugs and alcohol? The part where I went to sleep at night and didn’t care if I woke up in the morning? Or the part where I relied on you to make sure I got home safely and didn’t do anything crazy? Which part is it you want to go back to the way it was?"

"The best friend part! That’s the part I want back!" Michael complained.

"We are best friends Mikey always have been and always will be…"

"Yeah well best friends tell each other things. You know like the fact that they intend to move away." Michael come back with.

Brian looked into the eyes of his childhood friend before replying, "I finally did what everyone wanted me to do I grew up and fell in love and now I have to do what’s best for us."

"And that means moving away from your friends and family," Michael resigned himself to the idea.

"yes it does. Besides, it’s not like you wont ever see me it just wont be everyday. And there is a such thing as the internet."

"I’m going to email you so much you’re going to get sick of me," Michael hugged his friend, "I’m going miss you," he cried.

"Come on lets go back inside," Brian disentangled himself from the other man and went back inside.

~~~~

Two hours later they left the house containing their family and headed toward their new home.

"Shit!" Justin exclaimed, "we have company." No sooner were the words out of his mouth then he hard Shalimar’s voice warning them of the same thing. He slammed the brakes on trying to avoid hitting the car that stopped in front of them.

Justin looked around noticing that there were three other cars blocking them in. "Fuck!" Justin swore, "How do we get out this one."

"The only way we can," Brennan answered getting out of the car.

"Riiiight," Justin droned getting out also. Concentrating on the men coming toward him he sent image after image of anything that would keep them getting to close to them, he knew he didn’t stand a chance in a hand to hand fight.

Seeing Brennan go down he went over to him trying to make sure he was alright. The action caused him to drop his guard and he felt a shock of electricity weave though his body. The last thing he registered was Brian screaming his name.

~~~~

When Justin woke up he was strapped to a metal chair.

"Ah, Mr. Taylor you’re awake," Eckhart called out from behind him.

"Who are fuck are you?"

"There’s no need for that type of language Mr. Taylor, I’m Mason Eckhart," Eckhart informed him stepping into view.

"What the fuck do you want from me?" Justin asked ignoring him.

"Straight to the point I like that in a man."

"yeah, I’m sure that’s not all you like," Justin mumbled.

"You are here because of your abilities. You Mr. Taylor are a Psionic.."

"No shit, really? How about you tell me something I don’t know." came Justin’s sarcastic reply.

"We know you are more powerful the most Psionics that you possess all known Psionic abilities. That makes you a valuable asset to Genomex."

"I’m not a part of Genomex."

"Of course you are, all mutants are children of Genomex. Think of it as a home coming. Oh and don‘t bother trying to read me, that‘s what he‘s here for ,to block you."

Justin stared at the man in the corner of the room. As soon as they made eye contact they fought- each trying to break through the other’s defensives- until the man passed out in his chair. He turned back to face Eckhart, "you were saying?" Eckhart didn’t get the chance to reply before he too passed out.

Using his telekinetic abilities he unlocked the chair and made his way through the compound trying to find a way out. Justin found himself at a dead end with several agents coming toward him. "okay, okay I get the point," he said right.

~~~~

Brian paced the length of the open space worried about what was happening to Justin.

"We’ll get him back," Emma tried to calm him.

Brian stopped dead in his tracks before of her searching her face he saw that she really did believe that. "you’re a.. what’s the word.. Psionic right?"

"Yes," she answered, "I’m a telempath."

"Can you reach him?"

Concentrating hard on "I can tell you he’s alive and he’s pissed," they both laughed at the last part.

"Got it," Adam called, "they’ve heightened security since the last time were broke in but I think I found a way in." Adam proceeded to tell him his plan.

~~~~

Justin woke up once more strapped to the chair only this time when he tried to use his powers to escape he met with a intense pain burning threw his head.

"I had a Subdermal Governor implanted in the back of your head while you were unconscious, we wouldn’t want a repeat of last time. If you use your powers while the Governor is on you are rewarded with pain, the longer you use your powers the more intense the pain."

"Fucker," Justin breathed. "AGHHHH!" Justin screamed as the pain shot through his head once more. "I.. didn’t.. use.. my.. power.." he ground out through clenched teeth.

"No you did not but you Mr. Taylor the Subdermal Governor can also be operated manually and I believe I warned you once about your language." Eckhart calmly told the younger man.

"What do you want from me?"

"Right now all I want from you Is the location of Sanctuary.

"Sanctuary?" Justin queried.

"Don’t play games with me just tell me what I want to know."

"Can you repeat the question?" Justin asked voice dripping with distain.

~~~~

"I don’t like this!" Brian yelled frustrated that he’d been forced to stay behind.

"You need to calm down and trust the others to bring him home," Adam tried to comfort him. "Tell me about him," he prompted.

"What? If you’re talking about his powers you probably know more about them than I do," Brian admitted.

"That’s debatable but I was actually talking about him. The man behind the power, how you two met, what he’s like."

"I met him at Babylon, he was in the middle of the dance floor surrounded by guys… he went home with me that night…" Brian smiled at the memory.

~~~~

Knocking out the guard Jesse accessed the GSA’s database, "He’s in ISO room 3 on level 2," he directed his teammates.

When they got to the next checkpoint Emma sent the two guards an image that effectively froze them in place with fear. "Go," she told them.

Looking through the windows of each room Shalimar finally found the one they were looking for watching Justin scrunched up in a ball with his eyes closed tight and hands over his hears she hissed, "I found him."

As soon as Brennan zapped the lock on the door they entered. "What do you say we get out of here?" Shalimar asked crouching next to him.

"Oh thank god," Justin called out, "I hope one of you knows how to deactivate this." Justin pointed to the Subdermal Governor at the base of his neck.

"That would be me," Brennan said. He sent a low surge through the device short circuiting.

As soon as the tingling stopped Justin threw up his mental walls blocking out the noise coming out of the walls of the room. "now, we can go home," he stated standing up.

~~~~

"Adam it’s Jesse," Jesse’s voice came through the computer console, "we’ve got Justin and we’re on our way back now."

Brian and Adam who were still talking when they heard Jesse’s voice ran over to the console, "is he okay?" Adam asked.

"Nothing a goodnights sleep wont cure." smiling he added, "you can tell Brian to stop worrying."

As soon as they walked through the doors Justin ran into Brian’s awaiting arms. "Miss me?" Justin teased pulling out of the kiss he found himself in.

"don’t be a twat Justin," Brian joked then more seriously asked, "You really okay?"

"I’m okay," Justin assured his lover, "but I’d be even better if Adam would take this thing out of my head, please." A few minutes later he stretched his neck feeling more like himself now that the implant was removed. "Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to bed." The pair turned to leave.

"Wait!" Adam yelled.

"What?" Brian asked startled.

"These are for you," Adam placed as small velvet boxes.

They looked at the boxes then at each other and finally at Adam before opening them revealing a matching silver ring in each. "They look like wedding bands," Justin remarked.

"Don’t even think about it," Brian declared.

"Go ahead put it on," Emma encouraged.

Putting them on, they noticed a different pattern appear on each ring.

"The pattern is a representation of your DNA while the ring itself doubles as both a comunicator and a locator."

"Cool," Justin beamed while Brian nodded his agreement .

"Welcome to Mutant X"

~the end

ã Nichole [10.10.02]