Seeing Red

By Bluesky

Desidera21@aol.com

Pretender Jared/Ben/Ray

Rated R for Real weird M/M

OK to Archive. WWOMB and any one that asks or wants this buzzard

The Pretender is not mine. Ben is not mine. This is a bit of fluff that I cooked up after being awake for 42 HR and taking good pain pills, and having my blood drawn and eating 7 OZ of chocolate after not eating any for over a month. I could not resist. Now on with the story. Someone gets laid. I hope.


Seeing Red
By Bluesky

Ray rushed trying to catch up with the figure in red that was striding so purposefully toward the waiting buss. Dam Benny and his long legs. He refused to call out to him, not wanting to draw attention to himself, he was on a stake out, and he needed his partner. Badly. It was one of the times that a Mountie came in handy. It had to do with trees and identifying stolen plants and dirt and a robbery at a garden shop. The fact that he could barely tell a rose from a mum did not help. He just had to identify the species of trees and plants to pin this robbery on the landscaper that had put hot the foliage in a part that was under city contract.

It was the Mounties unfailing politeness that allowed him to gain on him. A woman had dropped her bag, and he was squatted down, helping her recover oranges and runaway produce from under the feet of the crowd.

He clasped a hand on his shoulder. "Hay Frazer, am I ever glad to find you! I was at the consulate and was told that you had just left...."

The man that straitened up was not his Frazer. Oh No. There were more of them. He though that he had cornered the market on Mounties and now a new one popes up. And were .. Just were was it written that Mounties had to be so dam good looking? He was not much like Ben, but this guy was just as good looking in his serge as Ben was, just an innocent and just as hot. Oh God. It was just not fair.

"I am so sorry. I thought that you were my partner, Benton Frazer. I need him to help me fast. He has to do a Mountie good dead a day, and this was his golden opportunity. I need someone ID some Pine trees, and well, he is the man for the job. I mean, hell, he could tell what branch of the tree it fell of by licking a pine cone."

The Mountie just looked at him, overwhelmed no doubt. God he had that deer in a spot lite look that Ben had when he first came to Chicago. He had to get this guy to the Embassy fast. If he got in trouble or lost in the big city Frazer would never forgive him. He was clueless were the new one was. The old one had burned down. For once, Ray could be the one that rescued the Mountie. It had happened before, but it was few and far between that he was needed to do that service. This could be some sort of karma pay back. But he just could not say .. Hay... You in the Red.. You lost? can't find you way to the Embassy? How about I take your hand, and help you out. Mind if I take you past my place first and play a bit of tonsil hockey with you first? Your Canadian. You understand about hockey... Ray shook his head at the impure thought, and bough his mind back to the mater at hand.

He could not just offer to help. It might offend some Canadian or Mountie pride. He had to appeal to his need to help him. He Truly needed the help of a Mountie. And any Mountie in a storm. Arg. He mentally kicked himself at that thought as the intense almost blue eyes regarded him, in that "I know every thing about you but I will not reveal it till there is a need to" way.

Dam. How did he do that? Any second he expected him to sniff or lick something. Ray could think of a few thing that he could offer.. Hell He had to get his head out of the gutter. And his dick too. Thank goodness that he had on a bulky coat today. He sent a harsh word to his libido, and smiled at Mr. Mountie.

"So, Do you think that you could give me a hand before you head to the Embassy? I could drop you off there right after. It is not far, and by the time you took the 3 busses and waited, this would be quicker.

The Man in front of him swallowed and lick his lips. Licked his lips. Oh hell. He had at last found a man that was more like sex on a stick than Ben, and still he had that innocence about him. Must be all that Virgin snow. Or it was too cold to drop the fly on the long johns. Who knew? Canadians could be counted on to do 3 things. Be polite, act weird, and be innocent.

"Oh.. Hum I am not sure if I could be of assistance." At the disappointed look on Rays face, he recanted. "I shall do my best, however. You are?"

How odd. Ben had introduced himself and given almost his life history in the first few minuets that he knew him. This one had not even given him his name.

"I'm Ray Vecchio, with the CPD. Do you Know Benton Frazer? He is sort of a..... well he is attached to .. . He hangs out with me and helps me out. We are buds. OK?"

"Duly Noted." He gave the street a quick sweep. It was so much a Ben thing to do that Ray sighed.

"The car is this way." He placed a hand oh his shoulder, and guided him to his ride. It was harder than usually to resist the feel of surge under his hand. He could feel the broad back under the jacket.Life was just not fair.

It took just a few minutes for Constable Jared to examine the trees and to confirm that hay were not blue spruce, but a Juniper, of the age and species that had been stolen. That saved him a lot of leg work, and time.

"How about I take you out to dinner? See if we can Scare up Frazer. The Embassy will just about be closed by now. It is the least that I can do."

Hesitation was heavy in his eyes. " I do not wish to become a bother." Just at the moment his stomach growled.

"That it. I know that you are hungry. If I fail to feed you then I will be remiss in returning a favor, and that would make me feel real bad. Ya wouldn't want me to feel bad now would ya?"

Resigned, the Mountie gave in. After so long of being manipulated by an another Mountie, it felt good to get on top of the situation. Dam. WHY did he have to think that? He had to take his coat off at some point. He just hoped that he could get on top of his situation by then.

This was the Chinese restaurant that Ben and He usually went to. Ben ordered in Chinese most of the time, and got better than average service, and larger than normal servings. He hoped that the good grace that Ben had with them would spill over on to Jared and to him tonight. He was truly hungry, having skipped lunch. Between his stomach and Jared it sounded like cage of tigers.

"So Jarred. I assume that you know mandarin like every outer Mountie that I know."

Studding the menu, he nodded. " I have not had much in the way of the food, but I have not had much opportunity to try the food." He sniffed delighted with what he found.

"Ya.. I can guess.. Not many Chinese take out places in the Yukon. Were are you from?"

"Canada."

Ray frowned. Most of the time he got a birth certificate and land marks and directions and names of rivers and local tribes when he asked any one from Canada were they were from. This somehow did not ring true. Something was just.... Off. Even given the natural Mountie weirdness, and Canadian ... well Canadianness.

Jarred had a in dept. conversation (In mandarin) with the waiter, and also after a few moment the cook. The three of them flipped the menu back and forth, a heated discussion and excited jesters, excitement that was sparked in the two most incurrable ones. After a few minutes of this
intimated conversation, the two of them disappeared into the back, the Mountie in tow. He went eagerly, so ray had to assume that he was not about to be tossed into the stock pot.

About 22 minutes later, Jarred reappeared, followed by the staff, (the family) and more platers and trays and sides and flaming things than he had seen in one place at one time.

Ray's mouth opened in surprise. Jarred was talking to the head of the house hold, and after a moment, the trays were settled, and the family sat down with them, and food began to be passed around, the livery conversation never once lagging. It was sort of like dinner at the Vecchio household, Ray though with a pang.

And he was not a part of it. He shoved an egg role into his mouth and watch in amusement and despair. This was worse than being with Ben. People loved him, but at a distance. This guy, hell, he could infiltrate any place. The father laughed at a joke that Jarred was telling, and the Daughters tittered.

Ray just wished that he was in on the joke. He had gone from being the Lost Mounties savior to just another side kick in less that a hour.

Life was just not fair.

END PART 1
TBC If any one wants me to.