Title: The Ojective

Author: Sarah Saint Ives

Archive: Yes to anyone who'll have it!

Fandom: Poltergeist the Legacy

Pairing: Nick/Derek

Rating: R

Category: First times

Warnings: m/m sexual situations, some profanity

Summary: Nick plans to seduce Derek

 

The Objective

by Sarah Saint Ives

Nick Boyle had been making intricate, long-term plans, and these plans had taken him the larger portion of a year. There were many complicated parts to this drama. Setting the stage, work permitting, he had carefully laid out the best possible scenario for his romantic purposes. Love did not come cheaply, did not come without sacrifice, and did not come without obstacles. One device at a time, he had lessened conceivable uncertainties, reduced the risks of rejection. The script was written in his fantasies, a hundred variations of an extravagant theme. He had rehearsed persuasive lines to each anticipated hesitation. Everything was thought out, everything had been considered. Now, all that remained was to bring his beloved onto the set and begin his seduction.

He paused before leaving his love nest and did a fiftieth quick inventory of his supplies and strategically placed props. There was the double bed, soft, with clean linens on the shelf above. The bed was positioned with the headboard centering the south wall, matching bedside stands on either side of it. On the stands were candles in elaborate glass holders. In the drawer of the right-side stand were his ‘finally getting sex’ supplies. He smiled to himself as he went over those items in his head, half-aroused at the mental picture. A deep breath and he glanced at the love seat five feet in front of the fireplace. Split cedar and poplar was stacked in the wooden tinderbox, a tin of kerosene and finer, drier hickory kindling on the opposite side of the hearth. A four-drawer chest kept a few days change of clothing for him and his Objective, but he would bring more in case their stay was extended. The tiny kitchen’s cupboards held dishes, pans, coffee and food. Two galvanized buckets were half-filled with sparkling spring water. A small, two-burner propane stove occupied a portion of the counter.

There was no electricity, no running water, no telephone, no Internet access, no modern appliances or services whatsoever, the stuff that nightmares were made of in most young men’s everyday lives, but the lack of these luxuries increased Nick’s chances of getting lucky.

He visited the outhouse, twenty steps out the back door and checked the toilet paper reserve before he slid into the driver’s seat of the Ford Explorer and drove out of Oregon’s scenic wilderness. Eight hours later, he was on the ferry back to Angel Island, buzzing with good cheer. His plan absolutely could not fail. Nick Boyle was a man in love, and the object of that love was about to become one of the most doted-on, most adored lovers in history.

Nick’s patience had no limits. The cabin had taken nearly a year so he could wait a few more days. Work called him to duty as soon as he returned to the Legacy House, so his seduction was postponed until the time was right.

Derek Rayne, Alex Moreau and Rachel Corrigan were gathered in the living room the final evening before his quest was finally made possible. He brought up the subject nonchalantly. "So, we’re done with Legacy business for a while?"

"Yes, it looks like it." Alex answered, smiling. Nick knew she had plans, too, and meant to inquire about them later. He already knew that Rachel intended to spend some quality time with her young daughter, Catherine.

"I think I’ll take a fishing trip if it’s okay with everybody." he said with his characteristic half-grin. "Anybody want to go with me?"

"I’d love to, but I’m going to Louisiana for a few days." Alex said perceptively.

"I’ll be in San Francisco." Rachel said. "I should get moving, by the way. Cat’s waiting for me." She bowed out gracefully, waving good-bye to her associates.

"What about you, Derek? You up for a fishing trip?" Nick asked, twinkling.

"I have work to do." Derek declined wearily. "The precept from the London house sent me a log to go over, and it has to be returned by Monday."

Nick frowned, waving to Alex as she made a wordless departure. "You’re going to waste your weekend working?"

"I owe him." Derek said. His face was drawn, the brown eyes a bit saddened at his own sense of responsibility. He poured a jigger of brandy in a round glass and sipped it as he slumped onto the couch. "You don’t need me along, Nick. You have disappeared without explanation at least twenty times the past few months. I’m beginning to believe you are bored with your work. Why do you suddenly want company?"

"Because....Derek, you’re working too hard. There’s no reason for you to have to work all the goddamned time!" Nick sat beside him, frustrated to the point of grinding his teeth. "Send the shit back to him and go fishing with me. Tell him you just don’t have time to mess with it. I don’t care what you owe him, you owe *yourself* more!"

"What kind of person would I be if I did that, Nick? I didn’t become precept of this house because I went fishing and shirked my duties."

"No, you became precept because you are so intuitive of your associates’ needs." The words were profound and imploring. "Derek, I really want you to come. Send the book back to them and tell them you’re sorry, but you just didn’t have time to mess with it. This is a lot more important. Come with me, please." His hand on the precept’s shoulder augmented his appeal. "Please?"

Derek considered, his face mirroring his thoughts, which made gradual changes from ‘impossible’ to ‘I wish’ to ‘maybe’ to ‘such a wonderful, improbable thought’ to ‘what the hell’. He closed his eyes a moment, took a deep breath and smiled. Looking at his younger associate, he said, "Let’s do it."

Nick gave him a wide grin and a quick hug. "Cool!" Bouncing up happily, he headed for the stairs. "I’ll go get packed and meet you back down here in half an hour.

Derek held up a hand to protest, but Nick was gone. "Half an hour?" he muttered to himself, then smiled affectionately after his friend. "So impetuous."

He prepared the parcel for posting with a note attached that read, ‘Sorry, I simply do not have the time to spare. I hope you will allow me to repay my debt in another way. Derek’. He dropped it into a mailbox when the ferry let them off in San Francisco and settled back in the passenger’s seat as Nick began the long drive to Oregon.

*******************

"I know you love camping and fishing, but, honestly, Nick, why did you want me along?" Derek pressed as they rode along the Oregon highway. "I hope it’s not because you feel pity for me."

The Dutchman’s accent never failed to make his words sound more meaningful to Nick. Solemnly, the younger man stretched a hand across, watching for negative reaction, and when there was none, only a puzzled gaze, he laid the hand on Derek’s thigh. Digging deep into his own resources, Nick spoke with as much discerning as he could muster. "Pity is the one thing I *don’t* feel for you, Derek. Because of your authority, you’re alone way too much, and you forget that you need friends, too. Do you think you can drop the act for a few days and just have a good time? Just be my friend and let me be yours?"

"What act are you talking about, Nick?"

"The masterful act. The *precept* act. Today, you’re not my boss and I’m not your employee. We’re just two friends going fishing. Friends who care about each other and who can talk about whatever crosses our minds. Forget the Legacy, forget everything else until we get back to Angel Island. Can you do that, Derek?"

Derek sighed and dropped a hand on top of the hand on his thigh. "I can do that." he said.

"Good." Nick beamed at him. So far, his plan was going beautifully.

**************

"How did you find this place, Nick? Is it rented?" Derek was in awe of his surroundings. He took in the fountain-like spring at the edge of the creek, the bright pinpoints of sunshine that peeked through tall, overshadowing evergreens, the distant sound of frogs and birds, the magnificent beauty typical of Oregon.

"Nope, I bought it." Nick answered, carrying bags of extra clothing and fishing equipment into the cabin. "Come on in. It’s a great place."

Derek joined him and viewed the interior as Nick made a fire. "I didn’t bring my sleeping bag. You didn’t give me time to think of it."

"Why would you need a sleeping bag when we have a bed? It’s a feather bed, nice and soft. Try it out. You’ll see."

Derek crossed the room to sit on the edge of the bed. "This is very comfortable." He stretched out on the soft mattress. "Very nice."

"I didn’t think you’d mind bunking with me for a few days." Nick said, ducking his face so Derek couldn’t see his sly grin.

"No, of course not."

When the fire burned brightly, Nick sat on his haunches, his palms soaking up the heat. "I love a fireplace." he said. "Why don’t you come enjoy it with me?"

Derek moved to stoop beside him, his hands outstretched to the warmth beside Nick’s. "You know, Nick, if I didn’t know you better, I would think you had ulterior motives for bringing me here. This is a very romantic setting. It would be the perfect place for such a diversion."

Nick couldn’t hide the next smile, and did not try. "You think I should try and seduce you?"

Derek’s eyebrows went up, but he remained theoretic. "I doubt you’d *want* to seduce *me*, Nick. I was merely pointing out that you have the accommodations if you so desired."

"Strange choice of words there, Derek. Seduce? Desire? Are you trying to give me a subliminal message or something?"

The precept was blank. "Of course not. I’m not inferring..."

"Derek, I was joking, okay? Forget it." Nick’s eyes were deceitfully teasing. "So, what do you want to do first?"

Glad to drop the uncomfortable topic, Derek answered, "I’d like to take a walk in the woods."

"Sounds good. Let’s go." Nick stood and took his hand, aiding him to a standing position and, without letting go, led him out the door and down the well-traveled path through the trees.

When they paused to study a squirrel, Derek gently withdrew his hand and stuffed both hands in his jacket pockets. Shoulders hunched as if he were chilled by the nippy November air, he met Nick’s gaze and was floored by the loneliness he perceived.

Derek’s psychic abilities were renowned. Strong human emotions nearly always spilled over onto him, especially Nick’s because they were so close, but somehow, he had missed something devastating until this moment.

Nick was in love with him. Derek stared, unable, for long ticks of the clock, to grant recognition to the truth. His heart pounded in a mixture of disbelief and hope, of denial and need, of terror and arousal. How could he accept this? How could he tactfully step away? How would he make Nick understand this was hopeless? The longer Derek studied that fresh, gorgeous face, the shallower his convictions ran. Heaven help him, how could he refuse him? He was irresistible!

"Derek?" Nick touched his arm, which made him realize how long he had pondered. "You okay?"

"Yes, I’m fine." The corners of his mouth turned upward in a warm smile. He removed a hand from a pocket and reached again to take Nick’s hand. "I’m just breathing the fresh air. Lead on, my friend."

Thinking he was cold, Nick put both their hands into his own jacket pocket and resumed their walk along the beaten path.

***************

The evening air was crisp and getting frosty. Pretty white patterns formed on the single cabin window and on the windows of the Explorer. "That fire will feel good, now." Nick said, suppressing a shiver as they re-entered the cabin. They went to the fireplace and took off their jackets, hung them on the wall-hooks to the right of the mantle. Nick poked at the fire, added a log, then moved to sit on the love seat, patting the space beside him. "Join me."

Derek sat down, still speculating the particulars of Nick’s purpose. He wanted to ask questions, but resolved to wait until he had thought it through. There were many things to consider, beginning with the fact that his love for Nick was every bit as strong as the love Nick felt for him. Until the moment that he gazed into those soulful eyes and had been overwhelmed by utter, infinite affection, he had never guessed that his employee and best friend had harbored such emotions. In the past, Derek had caught himself fantasizing about such a relationship with Nick, but it had always seemed so forbidding that he immediately chastised himself for his sinful thought and put it out of his mind.

Derek was amazed at the younger man’s ability to block his psychic tapping. How he had managed to hide this deep-seated, obviously long-suffered obsession was beyond him.

Matter pending, Derek slipped an arm round his friend and leaned back comfortably to enjoy the fire. Cuddling in front of the fireplace was acceptable even if these mutual feelings went forever unmentioned. Even the light kiss he dropped on Nick’s forehead was received without inhibition.

An hour later, the fire was dwindling and Nick’s stomach growled. He stretched and twisted from Derek’s embrace, smiling as he turned to face him. "You’re falling asleep." he murmured. "Why don’t you go lie down?"

"No, I’m fine." Derek yawned and extended his long arms high into the air. "You aren’t going fishing today?"

"No, it’s getting dark outside. I’ll wait til tomorrow." Nick went to stir in the fire, added another log. "I’m hungry. How about you?"

"What did you have in mind?"

"Got some canned stuff. Beef stew?"

Derek nodded gracefully. "Wonderful. Are you cooking?"

"Sure. I’ll show you how to make canned stew into a burnt offering." Nick’s boyish grin liquefied Derek’s already softened heart.

********************

The stew was delicious. The hot tea with sugar made them drowsy, so, after banking the fire, they called it a night. Nick peeled off his outer layer of clothing, turning shirt and pants inside out and pitching them recklessly aside. Wearing only briefs, socks and white tee-shirt, he threw back the blankets, rolled into bed and held the corner up for Derek. With a pensive glance, Derek seated himself on the edge of the bed and began with his shoes, stalling as long as he could.

"Come on, Derek, hurry up." Nick urged, finally rising to his knees to assist. He gripped the collar of his friend’s pullover and lifted it, ridding him of it in one smooth move. Discarding it, he reached for the undershirt, but Derek held up a hand to stop him.

"I can undress myself, thank you." he said, finding humor in Nick’s impatience. "Give me time."

As Nick waited, he removed his socks and pants. Watching Derek undress, he felt the room get suddenly very warm and disguised a groan with a yawn. "I am so tired!" As the undershirt came off, he barely controlled his own hand, held it down with moral strength alone when it threatened to reach out and touch his friend’s exposed back. Closing his eyes, he tried to extinguish the mental picture already committed to memory. Derek nearly naked. That vivid little snapshot would live forever, its own wrinkle isolated from all lesser wrinkles in his tormented brain.

By the time Derek slid in beside him and tucked them both in, Nick was struggling to stifle his arousal. The lamp went out and Derek snuggled close, one arm offered for Nick’s head. He cuddled in the larger man’s arms, very affected by the intimacy. He sighed peacefully as they settled in that position, murmuring, "Do you know how many years it’s been since I slept like this?"

"Probably not as long as it’s been since *I* have." Derek answered, and bent to lightly kiss his lips. "Good night, Nick."

Nick’s heart flipped over in his ribcage, his lower lip trembled. "How did I get lucky enough to rate a good night kiss?" he asked after clearing his throat.

"You rate a lot more than just a good night kiss, Nick." Derek said quietly. "Do you know how much you mean to me?"

"That was the question I was gonna ask you."

"I love you, Nick."

Nick’s heart flipped again. He wondered how many times that could happen before it killed him. "I love you, too." he whispered.

"May I kiss you again?"

His throat was dry, he could not stop shivering. His heart flopped uselessly inside him until it ached. "God, yes." he moaned, reaching for Derek’s head.

Derek rose on one elbow and kissed him, first very moderately, then with increasing passion, his hand rubbing frenzied figure-eights in the light fuzz on Nick’s chest and stomach, occasionally passing over his ribs and down to his hip. "Oh, Nick. My Nick."

Nick flung both arms round him and hugged him fiercely. "Oh, my god." he breathed, returning the kiss with compelling enthusiasm. Long minutes were lost to them, but when conscious thought was reestablished, Nick’s hand extricated itself from the crushing embrace to skim down Derek’s back and squeeze his right cheek. He luxuriated in the the resilient skin, all his best-laid plans forsaking him. Lines and script be damned. This outshined every scene he had rehearsed. Derek’s hands were busy examining the younger man’s muscular physique. Nick’s nipples went taut when attentive fingers kneaded them and soft lips kissed them. His reverent mumblings were repeated again and again as Derek discovered every erogenous inch of his body. Nick was soon babbling deliriously, out of his mind with desire.

Derek kissed his shoulder, his throat, beneath his ear, his cheek, each touch applied with sanctity, as if it were the most important kiss they would ever share, then the next felt impossibly more important. By the time their lips touched again, Nick was quivering with need.

Nick’s hand roamed, its goal trapped inside the underwear Derek wore, but he was not deterred. Slipping inside the waistband, the hand circled the lean hips to the front of the pelvic girdle and eased its way to the pubic area, almost as if he were ‘sneaking up’ on his quarry. Finally, throwing all restraints aside, he boldly gripped Derek’s cock and began to pump it purposefully.

Derek broke away suddenly with a gasping sob and scrambled to the edge of the bed. "My god, Nick, why didn’t you stop me? How could I have let this happen? I’m so sorry..." He sobbed again into both hands, horrified by his own transgression. "Please, forgive me."

"Forgive you for what?" Nick asked, crawling to hug him from behind. "Come on, Derek, you should know by now that I brought you here to seduce you. I want this with you. What’s so wrong with you and me being together?"

"Nick, I shouldn’t....I should never....I know better than this. I’m so sorry." Derek’s voice wavered.

Angrily, Nick yanked him around to face him, all his careful plans and verbal preparations dismissed. His long-thought-out arguments were useless in the face of reality. "Don’t turn away from me, dammit, and don’t pretend you don’t want this as bad as I do! You owe me more than this! I need you! I *need* you, Derek!" He prevailed with a demanding, bittersweet kiss. Unwilling to be put off any longer, Nick wrestled him to a reclining position again and aggressively tugged the remaining items of clothing from both their bodies. "I love you, and you’re not going to get out of this that easy!"

Derek stared up at him, wide-eyed but unresisting. "What do you want from me, Nick?" he asked very softly.

"I want you to make love with me. I want you to be mine forever! I want you to stop acting like we can ever look back now! Do you know how long I’ve wanted you?"

"How long?"

"A long, long time. So give me what I want." Nick threw his leg over the older man’s slender frame and seated himself on top of him.

Derek was besieged with more kisses. His surrender was marked. Given no other option, he began to massage Nick’s ass. "If I make love to you...."

"Don’t ever say that word, Derek."

Confused, Derek asked, "What word?"

"*If*. There are no *ifs* here. Make love to me."

Derek shook his head. "Not this way."

"Okay," Nick was ready to compromise. "How, then? Want me on all fours? On my back, on my side? Just tell me which position turns you on."

"The position isn’t important, Nick. It’s the timing. You’re going about this too quickly. Can we take it slowly?"

Nick thought about it and chuckled. "Sure." he said. "Slow is good, as long as it happens."

"After all, how long have you been planning this little seduction?" Derek said. "If this is what you truly want, I’ll admit to you, I want it, too. I’ve wanted it for just as long as you. I need you, too, Nick."

Nick kissed him again, gazed very tenderly into his eyes. "Are you sure?"

"I’m positive." Derek rolled on top, smothering him with kisses. "And I’m not in a great hurry to attempt anal sex with you, or vice-versa. But if you want to fool around...."

With a mischievous grin, Nick’s hand again ventured to the larger man’s cock. "So, what do you consider ‘fooling around’? You want me to play with you?"

"Yes, that would be sufficient for now, don’t you think?"

"Sounds okay to me." As the hand began to pump, he kept his eyes on Derek’s face, waiting to see pleasure, and was delighted at the sensual way his new lover’s parted lips trembled at his touch. "Oh, yeah, this is gonna be good." he said.

It didn’t take long. Derek exploded in his hand, cried out his rapture, his hands covering his ears at the reverberating acoustics. Nick’s name was repeated over and over, until there could be no doubt who Derek fantasized about.

There was a lull of sparkling contentment before Derek regained his composure enough to rise and return the favor. Nick found himself thrown flat of his back, Derek between his legs. He made himself comfortable as his friend began to masturbate him, smiled in satisfaction as the second hand began to fondle his balls, but grunted in surprise when he felt a moist finger probe into his hidden opening. "Oh, yeah..." he encouraged, "Yessss...."

Derek leaned over him and licked the sensitive underside of his cock, the thumb caressing his balls. The finger slid in deep, finding the internal gland and stimulated it. The sensation intensified in triplicate, he experienced a violent, screaming orgasm.

Minutes later, when Derek had cleaned up the mess and was cuddled close against Nick’s back, the glimmer finally subsided. "Oh, my god, Derek, I’ve never had an orgasm like that before. I knew it would be like this with you. Just promise me you’re not going to regret this in the morning. Promise me you’ll be with me forever."

Derek kissed his ear and delicately nuzzled his neck.

"Derek?"

"Hm?" Derek snuggled closer.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Nick’s relief was audible. "You know something? You were my objective. I brought you here specifically to seduce you, and you know what? Somehow, I feel like things got a little turned around."

Derek nipped his earlobe. "You think?"

Nick closed his eyes. "Yeah, I think. Good night, Derek."

"Good night, my love." Derek replied.

 

the end