Title: The Angel

Author: Phoenix

Disclaimer: I don't own Poltergeist: The Legacy. I am poor and that should be proof enough.

Fandom: Poltergeist: The Legacy

Pairings: None yet

Rating: Hmmm.....PG-13 or R.

Warnings: Angels, Falling, mentions of threesomes, I wrote it

Archive: CKoS, WWOMB if they want it. All others please ask

Summary: Unless the men of the Legacy get their acts together, something very bad is going to happen. So a young angel takes it upon itself to do something...and then things get interesting.


The Angel
by Phoenix




The angel bounced along behind its mentor. Gabriel was on his way to a very important meeting with the Great Arch-Angel Michael. Quite frankly, the young creature was very honored to be able to tagalong. At only four days old, there were many things the newborn did not know and Gabriel was supposed to teach it everything. Unfortunately, Michael had found out something of great import. Thus studies could wait.

Besides, they were boring. He never taught any of the more interesting things. Especially about humans. Ever since it could remember, it wanted to know about humans. They sounded like such an interesting lot. However, Gabriel taught things like fighting, healing, the rules, and other boring subjects.

"Wait here," Gabriel ordered gently when the pair reached their destination: a huge building guarded by two Warrior Angels. "I will only be a moment." Amusement gently lit his eyes when saw the poorly concealed disappointment in his disciple's blue eyes. "Perhaps, if you are good, I will introduce you to Michael." Pure, innocent joy radiated from the young angel's face as it nodded quickly.

Sighing, the older being entered the Hall of Fate. Someday his young charge would have to have a name and choose a path, yet he wondered if it would help. No matter what it chose, dark times were coming. Michael never concerned himself with the fate of mortals unless something big were going to happen. And as it was THE Warrior Angel calling him to a meeting, nothing good was on the horizon.

The Hall was quiet as he made his way past many rooms to his destination. Turning a corner, the great angel found his oldest friend standing before what appeared to be a huge cloud. Across its constantly roiling surface images flashed and faded.

"You are late, Gabriel," Michael said softly.

"I have a small one to take care of."

"I know." The Archangel turned sad eyes to him. "I just hope things will work out. Time has been so short lately."

Outside the Hall of Fate, the angel left behind sat on the stairs and fidgeted with its sky blue hair. Nothing ever happened in Heaven. Sighing, it leaned its elbows on its knees. Hopefully Gabriel would remember to keep his word; he always had so much on his mind. But behaving was so dull.

The air was suddenly filled with the sound of beating wings. Overhead, hundreds of angels flew over the building. Each was dressed in armor and bore weapons. Uriel called to the guards and they joined the host, quickly passing from view. A shudder worked through the youngest angel. Maybe it had been a bad idea to wish for some excitement.

After a few moments, it realized neither Gabriel nor Michael had come out of the Hall. Shouldn't someone alert them? After all, each was a great fighter. Someone needed to tell them. Mind made up, the small angel rushed into the grand building.

Inside, the sheer size of the place took the angel's breath away. Impressive on the outside with its columns and white marble, inside was intimidating. Somehow larger inside, its walls were lined with black marble columns so dark they seemed to absorb nearby light. Door after door lined the walls and lead into dark rooms; some of which echoed with cries of pain and despair.

The blue haired being hugged itself and crept along the hall trying its best not to make any noise. The Hall felt conscious and aware; as if it knew the angel didn't belong.

"So they will all die?" Gabriel's voice cut through its fear.

Those simple words acted as a lifeline and the angel rushed toward their source. Turning a corner, it stopped short, stunned by the room before it. The images of three men hung in the air over Gabriel and Michael's heads. The senior angels stood with their backs to the newcomer, totally engrossed in the humans.

"Philip," Michael waved a hand and one of the humans took center view. A young man with a too serious face and sad eyes. "is currently struggling with his attraction to the others. As they are with him."

"I thought Derek would be able to draw them together," Gabriel sighed. "This Triad is vital."

"He has closed off much of his heart in recent years and feels his love for the men would endanger them."

This time an older human came into view this time. His face was interesting. It showed deep wisdom, yet equally deep pain. The man's eyes burned with such loneliness it all but broke the angel's heart. Another face appeared; a man younger than the others. This one's face looked harsh and deadly. Yet, when the angel gazed into the mortal's eyes, a gentle, wounded soul was revealed.

"What will their fate be should they not overcome the doubts?" Gabriel asked softly.

Another motion showed Philip, with gray hair, talking to man holding his congregation hostage with a gun. The Priest managed to calm the attacker down only to have the police come storming in. Desperate to protect others, the human threw himself into the middle of things. Red blossomed across his chest and arms. The little angel turned away; the spirit of death had been hovering over the man.


"And for Derek."

The older human rushed along caverns under his House. Time was not on his side. At last he reached a seal set into the rock walls. Something confronted him, but could not convince him to turn aside from his chose course. An explosion filled the viewing area before it went blank.

"He will be taken to Hell by his own father," Michael mourned. "And be lost there."

"Forever?"

"I do not know."

"And Nick."

The young man was running through a forest, many wounds bleeding out his life. Something feral lit up his eyes as he turned and fired a weapon at something the angel could not see. A dark form rose from the shadows behind him and a warning almost made it to the lips of the blue haired being. At the last moment, it realized nothing could change what was happening in the Hall of Fate. Turning away, it listened to the sounds of feeding from the monster, silent tears working their way down pale cheeks.

"So all will fail," Gabriel sighed.

"Yes."

"Is there nothing we can do?"

Michael was silent for so long, the little creature thought it had been discovered and turned. Yet neither faced its way, instead they stared intently at the reformed image of the three men.

"If they love each other, accept the others as parts of their souls, they have a chance." Michael motioned. This time, three happy men stood. "It is the only way. All other paths lead to darkness."

"Is there nothing we can do?" This time Gabriel sounded desperate, hoping for a positive answer but knowing such would not come.

"You know as well as I the rules. Our paths were chosen long ago. We cannot interfere with the choices of man."

"It would take so little," Gabriel argued. "A simple word might be enough."

"We have chosen our paths. It is against the rules." Michael closed the subject with his tone.

Fine. The little angel turned and silently ran from the Hall. They had chosen. They were forbidden. But not it! No one would miss it for just the few seconds it would take to talk some sense into the foolish humans. Besides, this was a chance to meet humans! Real humans!

Now, all it had to do was find a place to Fall. There were many and Gabriel made sure to tell it where not to go; thus the blue eyed being made straight for the nearest place. Carefully, it watched for anyone who might try to stop it or report what happened.

Fortunately, no one was around and it reached what looked like a hole in the ground. Not a normal hole, though. Colors swirled in the depths and flashes of light showed a seemingly endless pit. The angel swallowed hard. Gabriel said Falling hurt but was necessary to reach the mortal realm. Of course, he never said how to get back, but it couldn't be all that hard. Taking one last look around, the being leaped into the hole.

Agony tore at the young one. It knew what pain was, Gabriel taught thoroughly; yet nothing in its experience hurt like this. Burned and frozen. Torn apart and reassembled. Cut and shredded. It opened its mouth to scream only to have the air stolen from its lungs.

Still, it clutched a single purpose to its heart. Stubbornly refusing to give up. Find the man called Derek. He was the older one; he had to be the wisest. He would know how to fix the Triad. So the angel Fell, holding a name and image and seeking their match with all its power.

Meanwhile, the man it sought was at yet another deadly dull party. The church had asked his House to send someone to a fundraising event and with Alex and Rachel away until long after the party started, only Nick was left. Though it would have been fun to watch, Derek knew sending Nick would be a disaster. The young man hated such events as they were full of hypocrites, liars, and politicians.

Not that he enjoyed them any more than the younger man. It was just that over the years, Derek built up an immunity. The Precept nodded and smiled in all the right places, keeping his disgust and distaste off his face. Perhaps that was the problem, Nick has such an expressive face sometimes.

Derek steered his thoughts from that subject. Inevitably, they would lead to one place and he couldn't afford those thoughts while in public. Sighing, the man looked around. Rich people everywhere and a few important members of the church. Father Philip had been unable to attend; the one person he could really talk to.

Again the man turned his thoughts aside. Those two particular people affected him in ways he could not bring himself to acknowledge. A relationship with anyone in his House was impossible, must less two men. Two younger men. Two enticing, intelligent, sexy, passionate.

Cursing, Derek placed his drink on the nearest table and tried to get his imagination under control. It was becoming more and more difficult to keep his thoughts under control. Why did it have to be them? Why not Rachel or Alex? They would have been acceptable to the Council. Even if they were younger and part of his team, they were female.

Thinking food might get his mind off certain problems, the Precept made his way to the snack table. Enough food to feed half the city's poor was laid out. Nothing, however, looked appetizing.

Without warning, a loud pop sounded behind him and a light erupted. Turning, Derek saw what all his senses told him was an angel floating just off the ground, in a crucifixion pose, shining like the noonday sun. He could see it was naked and hairless except for the ankle length light blue tresses, which matched innocent eyes. It appeared to be neuter. At most, the angel could be only five feet tall, yet pure white wings sprung from its back and had to have a span of at least seven. A heart shaped face peered down at the crowd. Somehow he knew the creature was looking for someone or something. More and more people came running to see what the light was about and it gazed at each in turn before moving on. Then its eyes met his.

"Derek." The angel's voice filled everyone with nameless joy and pleasure.

The angel felt the pain of its Fall wash away at finding the human it needed to speak with. Unfortunately, emotions from other humans made their way into its mind. While only mildly painful, the confusion caused by such an intrusion distracted the blue haired being. Most of the trouble seemed to come from the human's confusion about its sex. Or rather the lack of. Why such a thing was so important perplexed the young being, however, with a mental shrug it chose to solve the problem.

Looking into the gathered minds, it saw most of the humans thought it female. The human known as Derek had protective and respectful feelings for several females. Males seemed to cause harsher emotions. Perhaps he would listen to a female rather than a male?

Choice made, the angel forced its body to begin shifting. In the space of a few heartbeats breast appeared; the angles of its face became more feminine. Although no new hair grew, the creature was unmistakably a woman. Even its wings became slimmer.

"Mine Gott!" Derek breathed. Before him floated a blue haired, slender, female angel.

"Derek." She said softly and touched the ground. Then all hell broke loose.



END PART 1