Title: Time Will Tell

Authors: Creed Cascade and TJ

Fandom: Pirates of the Caribbean

Pairing: Jack Sparrow/Will Turner

Rating: NC-17

Status: new

Archive: If you want it, go ahead. Just knock me upside the head and
let me know.

Feedback: creed_cascade@hotmail.com and TazzyJan@aol.com

Other websites: http://insaneasylum.slashfanfiction.com

Disclaimers: We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. You don't ask where we get these strange plots starring mysteriously familiar characters, and we won't tell you that I make no money, only deliriously happy satisfaction. Very hush-hush.

Summary: Jack and Will struggle to make their relationship work as they are haunted by Jack's bad habits.


Time Will Tell
By Creed Cascade and TJ


Will never would have thought that it would be as easy to fall out of love with Elizabeth as it was easy to fall in love with her. He thought if she had married anyone but him, it would have been Commodore Norrington, but she turned out to be fickle in her affections and loved new adventures. Elizabeth Swann had hated it when her father gave his approval to marry Will Turner, so only a few short months later she ended up running off with a sailor.

Will had been heartbroken for a few days, but it had faded quickly. The Governor had been embarrassed by his daughter’s behaviour and had ended up making Will a very generous offer. That was how Will had found himself in a small port town when Jack had come sailing into it. Luckily, the pirate had only come for supplies, not to pillage. When the two men had seen each other again, sparks had ignited almost instantly and when Jack sailed away, Will Turner had sailed with him.

Everything had settled surprisingly easily into a routine. Life on a pirate ship was like life on any other ship. The ship had to be kept running day-to-day, only occasionally interrupted by adventure and pillage. Will actually liked being Jack’s keeper.

He grinned when he heard the men teasing Jack yet again. They seemed to take great pleasure in giving their Captain a hard time. He only caught bits and pieces of it but the worst of the teasing was over Jack's tendency to do whatever Will wanted. Will found it highly amusing and wondered what the men would think if they knew what really went on inside the Captain's cabin at night.

“Next thing ya know, the ol’ Capt’n gonna be givin’ up his rum!” one of the crewmen laughter drifted to Will. “Just like he gave up his pussy!”

Will chuckled at that. He didn't think the day would come when Captain Jack Sparrow gave up his drink, though he certainly had given up... other things... for Will. Will didn't think his lover minded, though. Not from all the noise Jack made when they were alone together.

“Shut up you!” Jack shouted back. “You’re lucky I don’t keel haul your ugly carcass!”

"Oh come on, Cap'n. You know it's true. Young Turner snaps his fingers and you jump. Not that a man could blame ya. He's right fine on the eyes and all that."

“Have you been looking my Will again?” Jack snapped. He couldn’t help it if he was jealous and possessive.

"No, Sir!" the crewman said quickly, knowing better than to cross Jack. They could get away with teasing the man but he was very protective of his young lover.

“Better not,” Jack grumbled, glaring at his crewman. “And I don’t do whatever he wants. I’m my own man. I’m Captain Jack Sparrow.”

"Aye, Sir," the man replied. He could tell that the Captain was starting to get a bit testy and knew it was time to let things alone for a bit.

It was Mr. Gibbs who took Jack aside to calm him down. “Now, Sir, don’t be getting to angry at the lads.”

"They had best start acting a bit more respectful around here," Jack seethed. "I need good men that I know I can trust on this ship. Not a bunch of women sitting around clucking to each other."

“You can trust them most certainly,” Gibbs assured his Captain. “They like your Will, despite all their teasing. They like you nice and settled, good as married.”

Jack stared at Gibbs in dawning horror. Married. Married? The man had said he was... settled. This had to stop. He was a pirate! "Mr. Gibbs, make for the next friendly port with all due speed."

Gibbs elbowed Jack in the side and grinned. “Want some quality time with young Mr. Turner? Friendly port indeed.”

"Actually, I'm in the mood for a diversion," Jack said, suddenly knowing just what he needed to quiet his crew. "Make for one of the ports I'm known at... if you get my meaning."

Gibbs smile faltered and his voice lowered, “But, Sir. That wouldn’t make Mr. Turner very happy.”

"You have your orders, Gibbs. Carry them out," Jack said then turned away. He headed to his cabin, knowing Will would still be working below deck. He needed a drink and a bit of privacy.

*

Will never heard the conversation between Gibbs and Jack, so he was rather oblivious as to why they were going to the new port. He did notice that the crew was watching him warily now that they were anchored off shore. Shrugging off the odd behaviour, Will went in search of Jack. Jack had told him that he had some business to take care of and that he'd see him back on the Pearl. Will hadn't minded. Being new to the port, he'd wanted to look around. He had made a few purchases, arranging for them to be delivered with the rest of the supplies. One of them, however, he took with him. It was a gold pocket watch with a ship emblazoned on the front. He'd gotten the inside cover engraved and couldn't wait to see Jack's face when he read it.

He heard Jack’s distinctive laugh rise through the air and smiled to himself. Jack had probably found a pub and had already started with a few mugs of rum. Slipping the watch into his pocket where it would be safe, Will entered the pub and scanned the room for Jack. His lover wasn't hard to find. He was sitting at a table near the bar with several of the crew. What froze Will in his tracks, however, was the rather voluptuous whore currently decorating his lover's lap.

Jack was playing with her necklace that was dangling right between her ample breasts. “What’s this I hear about you gettin’ a boy?” the whore asked Jack. “You off women now, Capt’n?”

"Now how could a man turn down the likes of you, luv?" Jack chuckled. He let his hand "slip" down inside the top of her dress for a moment, making her squeal and wiggle on his lap.

“So glad to know you’re not a sodomite,” the whore commented, starting to unbutton Jack’s shirt.

Will felt the blood drain from his face. He backed out of the tavern, nearly colliding with a drunken sailor. Spinning around, Will hurried toward the dock, lest any of crew spot him. He wasn't worried about Jack seeing him. As he rowed back to the Pearl, his pain gave way to anger. How dare that bastard just throw away everything they had together. And for what? A whore! Will decided then, as he came up alongside the ship, that he would make Jack Sparrow regret his betrayal.

*

When Jack stumbled back into his cabin, more than a little drunk he was expecting to see Will. Will was always waiting for him and would take care of him. In the morning when his head would hurt, Will would make him feel better. Now he wanted to feel Will in an entirely different way.

“Will…” Jack called out softly. When he got no answer, he called out more loudly. “Will?”

Will had moved his things down below decks where the rest of the crew resided. He had gotten quite a few startled glances as he'd moved his things and even a couple of offers of assistance. He had refused them, saying he could manage his few things himself. He'd lain awake on the narrow bunk for hours, feeling alternately angry and hurt, and planning just what kind of revenge he would take on his unfaithful lover.

For his part, Jack stumbled out of his cabin and demanded of the nearest crewmen. “Where in the hell is my Will?”

"Um... he, uh... he... he's below deck, Sir," the crewman finally managed, neglecting to tell Jack that Will had moved all his things along with him. He'd let someone else inform the slightly drunken Captain of that little fact.

Jack stomped below deck, now in a bad mood. He loved being the centre of attention and Will always catered to him, but when he wanted attention, he wanted instant gratification. “Damn it, Will! Where are you?”

One of the crew entered the narrow corridor in front of Jack, stopping him. Young Will was upset. They had all seen the pain in his eyes as he gathered his things and carried them down to new quarters. "Mr. Turner's resting, Sir," the crewman said, effectively blocking the corridor with his body.

“Down here? What, did he get into my rum again?” Jack huffed. “Boy’s got no stomach for the good stuff.”

"I don't believe so, Captain," the crewman replied, refusing to add more.

“Move aside,” Jack demanded.

"No, Sir," the crewman replied. "You can see him tomorrow, once you've slept it off."

“I said move aside,” Jack hissed, his hand going to his sword. “Have you dogs done something to my Will?”

"Let him past, Thomas," Will said softly. A drunken Jack wasn't to be messed with, no matter how harmless he might seem.

“You heard him,” Jack growled and pushed passed Thomas. “What the hell is going on around here?”

"I've moved below deck with the crew," Will informed him.

“Why the fuck did you do that?”

"Because you seemed to have found someone else to warm your bed," Will replied, his voice hard and cold.

“Who told you that?” Jack demanded, moving towards Will.

"No one," Will countered. "I saw it with my own eyes. I didn't realize your business was of the bedroom variety. You should have simply told me if that was what you wanted."

“You’re daft, what in the hell…” Jack started, but didn’t finish his first thought. “Oh, you mean Matilda? The whore?”

"Yes. The whore. The one you were bouncing on your lap at the tavern. The one who's bodice you shoved your hand down. The one you denied me for." The last was said quietly, the hurt unable to be hidden by anger. That was the part that had hurt Will the most, Jack's denial of their bond.

“It wasn’t like that,” Jack insisted and reached out to touch Will. “I just needed to get back the respect of my crew. That’s all. Didn’t fuck her.”

"You didn't?" Will asked, surprised and not quite believing his lover. "So you just flirted with her a bit and sent her on her way, is that it?"

“Well… not quite,” Jack admitted. “The lads were there and she only used her mouth on me.”

"So you did have her," Will said, turning back toward his new quarters. He had nothing further to say to his lover. Not now. He would let Jack stew for a while first.

“Will, I saved everything else for you,” Jack said, reaching out to touch the back of Will’s neck.

"Maybe that's not good enough," Will said without turning around.

“Don’t be like this,” Jack said, trying to sweet talk him. “Let me make it up to you.”

"How do you propose to do that? How do you make up a betrayal, Captain?"

“It wasn’t a betrayal, I had to do it!”

"Then you will understand that I have to do this," Will shot back. He opened the door to his small room and went inside. He closed and barred it, making sure Jack heard him do it. He wanted the man to understand the ramifications of what he'd done.

*

Jack figured Will would forgive him, just like he did for every vice Jack had. He missed having Will’s warm body to wake up to in the morning. He most certainly missed Will fussing over him when he had a hang over. Maybe if he played it up a bit, it would be enough to play off his sympathy?

Will hadn't slept much the night before and was working hard at his forge. He'd had a word with Thomas, telling him not to get between him and Jack again. Thomas had reluctantly agreed and Will had thanked him for his concern. Will knew Jack expected him to come crawling back to him but just wasn't going to happen. Jack had to learn that Will would not allow himself to be treated like that. If Jack could not respect him and the love between them then he was better off on his own.

Jack skulked in to the section of the ship holding the forge. He flinched when Will slammed his hammer down loudly onto the anvil. “Ouch, mind not being so loud, luv?”

"There's no quiet way to pound iron, Captain," Will replied without stopping. "Perhaps you should return to the helm where it's quieter."

“Aren’t you going to forgive me?” Jack asked, trying to look pitiful. “I feel like a right arse.”

"Really?" Will asked, plunging the sword he was working on into a bucket of water to cool it. "And what do you feel like a shit about?"

“For touching the whore,” Jack admitted. “I was drinking too much last night, luv. I swear. You know what the rum does to me.”

"It wasn't the rum, Jack, and you know it. You said you had to prove something to the men. What was it? That you could still get it up for a woman?" Will began to pound the steel once more, noting with satisfaction how Jack cringed at each ringing hammer blow.

“But they said I was as good as married!” Jack protested. He grabbed at his head and wondered if his ears were bleeding.

Will paused in mid swing and stared at Jack. "And being married to me was such a heinous thought that you had to run right out and sleep with another?" he demanded angrily.

“I’m Captain Jack Sparrow,” Jack said as if that explained everything. “I’m a free spirit… an adventurer. They didn't say you were the eunuch. They said that I was.”

"Well then they should be happy to know that all your parts are in working order," Will replied. He turned his attention back to the sword he was working on, examining it carefully before thrusting it into the fire once more.

“When are you coming back to my bed?” Jack asked.

"I'm not," Will said. He swallowed around the sudden lump in his throat but told himself he would not give in. Jack Sparrow was going to have to beg if he wanted him back.

*

“I don’t understand it, Gibbs,” Jack complained. “Will is being such a stubborn little shit about this.”

"Well, Sir, if you don't mind me saying, he's got a right to be mad," Gibbs ventured carefully. "I mean, if the men all thought you were as good as married, maybe young Will thought so, too."

“But Captain Jack Sparrow can’t be married,” Jack said and when Gibbs snorted disdainfully. “Those times with all those women don’t count. Didn’t mean it.”

"No, Sir," Gibbs agreed. "But Mr. Will Turner can be married. And from the way the lad's acting, I'd say he wants to be. You hurt him, Sir. His heart, as well as his pride. Being cuckold... that's a hard thing for a man to take."

“Hard to take being henpecked, too,” Jack muttered. “I’m not supposed to need anyone, Gibbs. If my men think I’m weak…”

Gibbs laughed out loud, making Jack jump. "The men don't think yer weak, Captain. They think you're damn lucky! Well, now they think you're a bloody fool and a few of 'em are right mad about young Will getting hurt and all."

“None of them have approached them, have they?” Jack demanded with a soft growl. Will might not be in his bed, but he would not see him in the bed of another.

"Not like that, no. He and Thomas spent a bit talking, but that was all." Gibbs hesitated then, unsure if he should voice his next thought with Jack. Deciding Will was worth the risk, he ventured softly, "But if it's alright for you to lie with someone else, then you can't say much about the boy doin' it, too."

“Cause he’s mine,” Jack answered dangerously, with more than a tinge of craziness.

"Guess he thought the same thing of you," Gibbs shrugged. "Probably why it hurt him so much seein' ya with that whore."

“Didn’t mean it to go that far,” Jack admitted after a few seconds of silence. “I just wanted to prove I hadn’t lost my touch. That I was still a man.”

"Nobody on this ship thought otherwise, Captain, no matter how much they might tease ya," Gibbs told him. "Any idea what yer gonna do to get young Will back?"

“Something grand I suppose,” Jack mused. “Maybe something shiny and pretty?”

"I don't think that's gonna work this time. Maybe something a bit more heartfelt? Have you tried apologizing?"

“I said I didn’t fuck her,” Jack said. The truth was he had never had a relationship that lasted more than a few good rolls in a bed before.

"But you did... uh, have a moment with her," Gibbs said. "You could always try askin' the lad what it'll take to win him back."

“Do you suppose it could be that easy?” Jack asked. “Seems too simple.”

"Oh, I doubt if Mr. Turner's going to make it simple. But it might tell you where to start. I expect quite a bit of groveling to be required."

“I’m not very good at groveling…” Jack said uncertainly. “Wooing yes, begging… not so good.”

"I think if you give it your best try, young Will might be satisfied. He feels betrayed, Cap'n. Kinda like you would if you'd walked in on him like that," Gibbs offered, hoping to make Jack understand.

Now that logic could get through Jack’s muddled brain. “Aye,” Jack answered gravely. “Maybe it’s time Captain Jack Sparrow learned some new tricks.”

*

Shutting down the forge for the night, Will poured a dipper of tepid water over his head and moaned in relief. He was hot and dirty and more tired than he could remember being in a very long time. He had spent the entire day taking out his frustrations and anger at his forge. He hadn't bothered to eat, not feeling up to answering any questions from the rest of the crew. Thomas, bless him, had brought him by something to eat, simply setting it on the table and leaving without a word.

Jack was watching from the doorway as Will shook his head to rid himself of water droplets on his hair. “By the gods, you’re beautiful,” Jack moaned loud enough for Will to hear.

Will looked at his erstwhile lover and swallowed past the lump in his throat. He was too tired to be angry at the moment and his other emotions threatened to swamp him. Turning away, he put the dipper back in the bucket and made a last check of the forge. "Is there something you needed, Captain?" he asked.

“You,” Jack answered immediately. “Would you also accept that I’m a right prat, luv?”

"I'm not sure which would be more insolent," Will said. "Agreeing with the Captain or disagreeing."

“How about just forgiving your Jack?” he tried again. Jack had made sure to reapply a fresh bit of kohl around his eyes and even bathed because he knew Will loved both.

"Why should I?" Will asked stubbornly. His resolve, however, was starting to weaken. His hand went to the pocket of his vest where the watch he'd gotten Jack rested.

“Because I’m an idiot,” Jack continued and started to move closer to Will. He had even made sure to wear Will’s favourite outfit on him, even though he only owned but a few. “You know you’re the first one, don’t ya?”

"The first what?" Will asked.

“Gonna sound like a woman when I say this, but me first love,” Jack admitted. “First man or woman I’ve ever stayed with longer than a week.”

Will wasn't sure what to say. Maybe that explained why Jack had felt a need to seek companionship elsewhere. "Is that why?" Will asked softly. "Did you... did you just want something... new?"

“No,” Jack sighed. What he was trying to say wasn’t coming out right. “Just sayin’ that I’m idiot because I don’t know any better. Don’t know when I’m hurting you.”

Will nodded. He came to a decision then and pulled the watch from his pocket. "Here," he said, tossing it to Jack. "I meant to give you that back in Port. That's why I went looking for you in the first place."

Jack caught the watch and starred at it, tracing his finger over the ship engraved on the front. “It’s a pocket watch,” he said dumbly.

"Thought you might like it," Will shrugged. He moved to the table then and gathered up the meal Thomas had left for him. He would take it to his room and eat then try to get some sleep. Maybe after some rest he could figure out how to resolve this mess with Jack.

Jack was currently holding up the watch to his ear and listening to it tick. “It works,” he said like a little child. “Can hear it ticking,” Jack said and gave Will a blinding smile.

"The shopkeeper said it was one of his best pieces," Will replied lightly. He had to get out of there. If he didn't he was going to end up flinging himself at Jack. He cursed himself for loving the man so damn much but there was nothing to be done for it now.

“It’s shiny,” Jack said with delight before Will could turn his back on him. He was dangling it by its chain in front of his face and watching the light play off the gold.

"I'm glad you like it. If you have no more need for me, Captain, I'd like to retire for the evening."

The childlike smile on Jack’s face fell and he dropped the watch into his palm. “Will… I’m sorry.”

Will took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. He could feel the pain Jack was in and his heart ached. "I know," he said softly. "I just... I can't let you hurt me like that again. I won't be your whore, Jack."

Jack tilted his head towards the floor, slightly cocked to the side and said, “Never knew nothin’ but whores before you. Not good enough for anyone better.”

"Is that why you chose me?" Will asked, bristling. "Did you think I'd be a whore for you?"

“No, you were like my horizon… like my Pearl,” Jack muttered under his breath.

"So what happened?" Will demanded. "Why did you have to betray what we had? And how long before you do it again?"

“Don’t know,” Jack admitted truthfully. “I just do things. Don’t think them out. It’s like I can’t sometimes…” He held up the watch and kissed it, then held it back out to Will. “You want this back?”

"No," Will said. "It's yours. Consider it something to remember me by."

Jack didn’t protest, but instead smiled at Will and said, “Knew it was only a matter of time before I messed this up. Did love ya though. Always will.”

"Bullshit!" Will spat. "If you can let me walk away this easily, you never loved me at all." With that, Will turned and left. He couldn't believe Jack was doing this. Apparently Jack did just consider him a whore. Jack Sparrow had fought tooth and nail to get his Pearl back but Will knew now that would never be the case for him.

Jack just stood there, holding the pocket watch in his hand. “The boy doesn’t know he deserves better than me, Pearl,” he whispered to his ship.

*

Days passed and Jack saw little of Will if he saw him at all. He kept to himself mostly. Manning the wheel of his Pearl with one hand and holding the gold watch Will had given him in the other. He had finally opened it and been shocked by the inscription. None of the crew, not even Gibbs, bothered him when he had the watch in his hand. Jack was glad. It was all he had left of his Will.

Will spent most of his time below deck at his forge. It was there that Mr. Gibbs found him. "Mr. Turner, I was hoping to talk with you, Sir."

Will stopped what he was doing, thrusting the iron into the bucket to cool it. "Is something wrong?" Will asked, his thoughts immediately going to Jack.

“Aye, Sir,” Gibbs nodded. “You could certainly say that.”

"Is it Jack?" Will asked, his heart clenching painfully in his chest. No matter how angry he was with the man it didn't change the fact that he loved him.

“Aye,” Gibbs nodded again nervously. “‘Tis certainly about the Capt’n.”

"Speak quickly, Gibbs," Will demanded. "What is wrong with Jack?"

“He’s…” Gibbs struggled to find the right words. Other sailors had been accused of mutiny for less. “He’s gone mad, Sir.”

"Jack's always been mad. Explain yourself."

“Not mad like this,” Gibbs denied. “Don’t forget I’ve know him for years, lad. On a ship the size of the Pearl, I know you can hide if you really want to. Have you seen the Capt’n lately?”

"I spend my time in the forge," Will replied. Come to think of it, though, he hadn't so much as seen a glace of Jack lately. "I had assumed the Captain spent his time at the helm."

“He does,” Gibbs confirmed. “All of his time. Doesn’t leave the helm.”

"Surely he leaves to eat and rest," Will said.

“No, Sir,” Gibbs answered and shook his head.

Will's face grew alarmed. "How long has he been like that?" he asked.

“Ever since he got that pocket watch.”

Will looked away, ashamed. "T’was a gift I got him in Port. I should never have shown it to him. I was being spiteful, trying to hurt him as he'd hurt me."

“Aye, the whole crew knows how he hurt you,” Gibbs said. “Sad to say, t’was only a matter of time. We all knew Jack was a cad and didn’t have it in him. Whore like his mum, they say.”

Will's dagger was out of its sheath and pressed against Gibb's throat before he could blink. "You shut your mouth!" he snarled. "How dare you speak of your Captain that way!"

“It’s true, boy,” Gibbs spat back. “Look how he treated you! Raised around whores and until you came around, only bedded whores and sluts.”

"That is between me and Jack. It's none of your business," Will spat, pressing the dagger in harder. "You will show respect for your Captain or I'll have you flogged."

Gibbs raised his hands in surrender. “We just want what’s best for you. You’re a good lad… too good for ol’ Jack. We all know it, he knows it, too.”

"Jack Sparrow is the best thing that ever happened to me," Will told him, some of his anger dissipating.

“Don’t lie to yourself, lad,” Gibbs said as he felt the knife slowly pull away from his throat. “Jack’s a good man in his own right. One of the best pirates I’ve ever known besides your ol’ man, but he’s not the settling down type. Even if he tried, his damn demons, own stupidity or rum would mess it up. Why do you think the crew thought it was such a merry joke? What you need is a pretty lass.”

"Why are you doing this?" Will asked defeated. "Did you come here simply to torment me?"

“We want you to take the pocket watch away from him,” Gibbs instructed and then tapped his head with one finger. “Got it all figured out, I do. Jack got a bad habit of holding onto things and mooning over them. Barbossa’s gun… that damn compass his old man gave him, well, the man they thought was his pa, can’t tell with a whore, can ya?” Gibbs stopped for a moment and pulled out his flask to take a long swig. “We figure he’ll collapse eventually. No sleep and nothin’ to eat will do that to a man. When he goes out, you take the watch as it rightly belongs to you. We’ll drop you off at the nearest friendly port.”

"Get out of my forge," Will ground out, the dagger rising once more. "And if any man on this ship tries to take that watch from Jack I will gut them myself."

“Aye, Sir,” Gibbs nodded and waited until he was outside of the forge before he smiled and took another swig from his flask. “Should all work out for the best now,” he muttered to himself.

Will quickly went about shutting down the forge. Once it was secure, he made his way up to the helm. He couldn't believe the crew was simply going to stand back and wait for Jack to collapse from hunger and exhaustion. Well, Will was going to make sure that didn't happen. He loved Jack and that was all that mattered. If Jack needed a... diversion... from time to time then Will would simply have to live with it.

When he went on deck, he found Jack stand behind the helm. On hand was clasped white knuckled on the wheel and the other was rubbing continually over the pocket watch. The kohl around his eyes was smudged, but still didn’t hide the large bags under his eyes.

Will approached him slowly, stopping when he stood close enough to touch the man. "Why don't you let Gibbs take the wheel for a bit, luv?" Will said softly, placing his hand atop Jack's.

“Don’t want to take my eyes off the horizon,” Jack answered in a raspy voice. “Might loose it, too.”

"You won't, I promise," Will said, his voice choking. He had brought Jack to this and it was up to him to sort him back out. "Come on, luv. Let's go lie down for a bit. I've been working hard in the forge lately and I'm tired. Will you come to bed with me?"

“But the sun is just about to set,” Jack whispered, past the point of madness a person embraced after four days of no sleeping or eating. “The moon might not come up if I’m not here to make sure it does.”

"The moon will be up, I promise," Will told him. "Please, luv, I'm really tired. Won't you take me to bed?"

“Are you real?” Jack answered with a question. “Because not much is real anymore. Thought my Pearl was real, but even she isn’t talking to me. My compass isn’t working anymore, either,” he said patting his pocket, then held up the pocket watch. “This works though. Makes a pretty little chime sometimes.”

"I'm real, Jack," Will said. He took both Jack's hands then and pulled him away from the helm toward his cabin. "Come with me now and let's get some sleep. When you wake up things will seem more clear."

"You shouldn't be around me, pretty Will," Jack told him, but followed after him obediently. "I’ll only break your heart again."

"Hush now, Jack. Everything's going to be alright," Will told him as he ushered the Captain into his quarters. He stuck his head back out the door and ordered Gibbs to man the wheel and to see that food was brought to the Captain's cabin, then he went back inside to tend to Jack.

As Will started to undress Jack, Jack was humming to himself that damn pirate song Elizabeth taught him. “Didn’t have any rum,” he whispered to Will. “Not one drop.” When Will pulled off his boot, he added, “Always liked it when you took care of me. No one else ever did. Not ever.”

"I like taking care of you," Will told him. Once Jack was tucked into the bed, Will began on his own clothes. He knew he was setting himself up to get hurt again but he didn't care. Jack needed him and he was going to be there for him.

“Why?” Jack asked, reaching out to play with a few of Will’s curls. “Not even me mum wanted to do that.”

"Because I love you," Will said simply. It was the truth. When all was said and done he loved the irritating pirate and always would. "Get some rest now, luv."

“Can’t,” Jack said, shaking his head and starting to babble. “Me head hurts. Worse than the rum’s touch the morning after. And can’t see how you can love me. Always joke that everyone loves me, but they don’t. Even had to take the Pearl… used to belong to my dad, but I was just his bastard, so I wasn’t supposed to have her.”

"Shhhh... enough, luv," Will crooned, pulling Jack into his arms until the pirate's head rested on his chest. "I love you. The Pearl loves you. That's all that matters."

Jack kissed Will’s chest and settled in like a cat. “Don’t want to hurt you,” he mumbled, “Just don’t know any better.”

"I know. I'm sorry I got so angry. It'll be alright. Just get some sleep, Jack. We can figure this mess out later."

Jack’s last comment was barely above a whisper. He still had the watch in his grasp because Will hadn’t had the heart to take it away from him, even to sleep. “Always liked shiny, pretty things… couldn’t have them… couldn’t have you…you’re all shiny and pretty… too good for me…”

Will only gripped him tighter as he felt Jack succumb to sleep at last. He felt like a monster for hurting the man like this. He vowed that he would make this up to Jack, make him know how much Will loved him still. Those were his last thoughts before sleep claimed him too.

*

Will wasn’t sure how long they slept together, but he woke up before Jack as the morning sun was already up. Jack continued to sleep as Will watched over him. The little tidbits that came out over the past week of Jack’s past were more truth than he had ever gotten from Jack. Jack was a liar and teller of tall tales. Will knew this and had known little of Jack’s real past. He known knew Jack’s mother had been a prostitute and Jack issues with the man he thought was his father.

Jack probably had been denied many things he wanted in life, like most people. But Will knew enough about whores to know that the good brothels projected a sense of tarnished wealth that was never owned by the women themselves. Dressed up like dolls and sold for money they would never really see, it was no way for a child to grow up.

"Am I dreaming?" Jack's voice said softly, interrupting Will's thoughts.

“No, Jack, you’re not dreaming,” Will answered, hoping his smile and tone were somewhat reassuring.

"Why are you here?" Jack asked, his memories fuzzy at best. Will hated him now, wanted nothing more to do with him, so why was he in his bed holding him in his arms?

“I’ll always be here,” Will said. He tightened his grip on Jack so there was no way he could get away.

"But... I thought... you hate me now, luv?" Jack whispered, trying to make sense of this strange turn of events. His mind shrieked at him to shut up and simply be grateful but he had to understand for Will's sake.

“Don’t hate you, just understand you a little better now,” Will corrected. Will hated the insecure look that was on Jack’s face right now. He had only ever seen that look just before Jack hung from the gallows.

"What's there to understand other than I'm a lout who doesn't deserve you," Jack countered. "I hurt you and I will never forgive myself for that. If only I could prove how much I love you, maybe then you could love me again."

“Do you hate being alone, Jack?” Will asked, seemingly out of nowhere.

"Aye," Jack replied. "Though the Pearl keeps me company. 'S not the same thing."

“Would you have done that with the whore if I had been there?” Will asked. He had come to a realization when he had been lying awake all those hours holding Jack.

"No," Jack said quickly, shame colouring his words. "Might be a bit thick, luv, but I'm not completely daft."

“Then there’s our answer, isn’t it?” Will supplied. “You need me around, so I’ll be there.”

"Your sense of duty and loyalty are unmatched," Jack said. "But I will not see you bind yourself to a man who has betrayed you. I love you too much for that."

“You’re such a poet sometimes,” Will said and could not help but smile at Jack’s flowery language even during a serious moment like this. Jack was a unique man in every sense of the word and it would take special circumstances to make this work between them. “I love you as well, but this is no sacrifice on my part. How often have we been apart since that first day, Jack?”

"Not often," Jack admitted. "A mere handful of times at best. We've been apart more these last days then all the rest put together."

“And you didn’t take care of yourself when we were apart,” Will chided carefully.

"Didn't seem much reason to," Jack replied lightly. "You took everything I cared about when you left me. Not that I blame you, luv. Just the truth."

“Well, I won’t be going anywhere again. I promise,” Will said and leaned over to kiss Jack. His lover was like a bright flame that burned bright and that if you weren’t careful, would burn out too quickly. He needed someone to keep him grounded and Will knew now that needed to me him.

Jack moaned into the kiss, opening his mouth to it willingly. He had thought he'd never taste his sweet Will again, but, for once, fate had not been so cruel to him. He clutched at Will desperately, wanting to get closer still so that the younger man could never be apart from him again.

Will felt the desperation in Jack and tried to kiss it away. He didn’t pull away, but said when their lips parted. “You should eat.”

"Need you more than food," Jack whispered, pleadingly. He could live without food for a little bit longer but living without Will was killing him.

“I missed you, too,” Will answered and reached out for the oil they kept in one of the many cubbies that lined the bed. “Won’t take much for me to be ready for you.”

"No," Jack said suddenly as he reached up and took the oil from Will. "There's... I want... I want to prove that I love you. I need to make you believe me again."

“I know you love me,” Will insisted, a bit confused. He wondered if Jack needed more sleep.

"Let me prove it," Jack pleaded. "Let me do the one thing that will prove it beyond any doubt."

It finally dawned Will what Jack wanted. Jack was such a passionate lover that he had been more than happy with the way things was between them. Jack lived to fuck and he was born to do it. “You’ve never said anything about that before, I just assumed…”

"I've never wanted that with anyone before," Jack told him. "Never trusted anyone enough, but I trust you, luv. You, uh, you might need to help me get meself ready, though. Like I said, never done this before."

Something in Will warmed up to Jack even more in this moment than ever before. Not only was Jack vulnerable, but it turned out that in all his claimed sexual escapades, he had never done this. “My pleasure,” Will purred.

Jack shivered at the sound of Will's voice and handed him back the bottle of oil. Throwing the blanket off of them, he spread his legs a bit. His cock was already hardening at the thought of feeling Will's hands on him.

“You can lie to everyone else, but starting from now on, you’re going to tell me the truth, aren’t you?” Will demanded softly, grasping a hold of Jack’s cock.

"Yes," Jack gasped, arching up into Will's touch. "About everything. Oh please, luv!"

“I’m not going to ever leave you, Jack,” Will promised yet again and continued to work Jack’s cock. “I know that you’re mine now, no matter what dim-witted acts you pull.”

"All yours," Jack agreed. "Make me yours, luv. Make me feel it all the way inside me. Please..."

Will had prepared himself enough times by now to know what to do. He poured some of the oil onto his hands and warmed it up.

Jack spread his legs wider, his stomach knotting in a combination of desire and trepidation. Never had he allowed himself to be so vulnerable before. Never had he allowed another man to take him, but he would do this for Will. He would prove himself worthy of the beautiful man.

Will sensed how tense Jack was and leaned over to take Jack’s cock into his mouth. Jack had done this for him their first time together.

Jack cried out at the unexpected sensation and bucked up hard into Will's mouth. He loved the feel of his lover's mouth on him. Will was so wickedly talented with his tongue and he always used just the right amount of teeth to make Jack's toes curl. "Will... luv... not gonna be able to hold out if you keep that up," Jack panted.

Will pulled waited a few more seconds before he inserted a finger into Jack, keeping his mouth on Jack’s cock, but only a gently suction now. He felt his lover tense briefly, but used his tongue to distract him.

Jack moaned and writhed on the bed. Will was using his mouth to keep him right on the edge. He could also feel his lover's long, calloused finger deep inside him, stretching his body. He knew that finger would soon be replaced by his lover's much larger cock and shuddered in anticipation. He was surprised at how much he wanted it, but he did. "Please, luv. More."

“Yes, much more,” Will confirmed, slipped two fingers in. “This is part of me taking care of you now.”

"Oh God," Jack moaned as Will slid too thick fingers deep inside him. He could feel his body stretching to accommodate them, the muscles clenching and burning at the intrusion. Wanting to make himself as open to Will as he could, Jack hooked his hands under his knees and pulled his legs back, spreading himself wide shamelessly.

This time it was Will who groaned at the sight, even stopping to squeeze the tip of cock. It was all he could do to keep from cumming.

"Come on, luv," Jack encouraged, seeing Will's reaction. "Make me yours now. Show me you forgive me."

Will slicked up his cock with the oil and slowly entered Jack, keeping their eyes locked the entire time. Will didn’t believe in perfection, but this was as damn close as he had ever gotten.

Jack groaned as his body stretched painfully around Will's cock. As Will slid deeper inside him, he felt as though he was being plundered. He had never felt so taken, so owned, in his entire life. The fact that it was his Will doing the taking made it all worthwhile.

Will started to slowly pump, using one hand to steady himself on the softly rocking surface of the bed and the other to caress along Jack’s chest down towards his cock. He already loved doing this and the few fumbles he had had with girls were nothing compared to this.

"Oh yes," Jack panted as the pain began to lessen. "Do it, luv. Feels so good. Never thought it would feel like this." He pulled his legs back a bit farther, changing the angle of Will's thrust and nearly screamed as the younger man's cock nudged something deep inside him.

Will increased his thrusts, knowing that Jack was enjoying himself when his vocal nature asserted itself. He tried to hit the spot, driving Jack crazy with each thrust, just to hear his throaty moans.

"Gonna cum," Jack gasped. "Gonna cum from you fucking me." He knew he was close. His balls had drawn up and were being pounded by Will on every thrust. The dull slap against his balls only added to his pleasure and with a wail he came, splattering his stomach and chest with thick ropes of sticky fluid.

Will shuddered and came with in a few seconds of Jack. He didn’t even have the sense to stop himself from falling onto the older man.

"Ooof," Jack exclaimed, releasing his legs and wrapping his arms around Will. They were both panting harshly and Jack could still feel Will's cock buried inside him. It felt strangely comforting even after the haze of passion had cleared. He would belong to his Will forever now.

“You destroyed me,” Will complained dramatically. This time, he was the one who laid his head on Jack’s chest.

"No more than you did me, luv," Jack replied. "Can still feel you inside me. Feels like you belong there. Think you could get used to fucking your Captain from time to time?"

“That’s not a duty I’ll complain about,” Will answered, his voice muffled against Jack’s skin. He moved just enough so that he could lightly bite Jack’s nipple.

"You're tryin' to kill me, aren't you?" Jack gasped, as sensations shot through him trying to arouse his sated body once more. It had been too many days spent without his lover and his body was starved for the younger man's touch.

“No, I’m trying to save you,” Will answered earnestly.

"Just don't give up on me," Jack pleaded, his arms tightening around Will. "I can learn to be better. I will learn to be better. I love you more than anything, Will Turner. I even love you enough to learn how to be a good man for you."

“You’re already a good man, Captain Jack Sparrow,” Will answered, slapping Jack’s chest lightly. “You just need me to remind you.”



END.