Title: Sanctuary

Author: Jessi B.

E-mail: shadowrider@blomand.net

Fandom: Pet Shop of Horrors

Pairings: D/Leon eventually

Summary: D is a detective, Leon is a pet shop owner....

Rating: PG-13ish for now

Notes: Just a half thought that struck me when I was thinking of a pic someone did of D dressed up Leon-ish. What if the roles were reversed? D is still a kami, Leon's still a human, but operating in different places.


Sanctuary
by Jessi B.


"Count! Incoming!" Detective Di Count's serene calm never wavered as the mail hit his immaculate desk. With a final click on his keyboard he sent in his report. Pulling out a piece of licorice to chew on he flipped through the mail. One or two personal things, each from cases, and an announcement of a retirement part, he mentally began thinking of gifts, and a memo about how to properly fill out reports.

"Every week they send out the same memo with a word out of place..." Jill sighed from a desk nearby.

"Perhaps they think if it is repeated enough..." The Chinese man said, letting the sentence hang with soft smile in his friend's direction.

"You know as well as I do, Di, that some damn good detectives just don't do good paperwork," She smiled. "We've covered their asses enough times..."

"True...but for good reason, while Detective White's handwriting and report skills are awful he notices more then most will ever see at a scene. Besides Mrs. White makes wonderful double chunk chocolate cookies..."

"Count!" The familiar bellow of their captain interrupted them.

"My apologies, I am summoned..." Standing quickly the dark haired man made his way towards the captain's office. He absently straightened his clothing, sighing softly at the feel of soft cotton. The jeans and tee shirt were necessary, they put his comrades at ease and showed he did not live outside his means but...he longed so for his silks sometimes. Standing before his superior officer he clasped his hands before, long slender fingers linking, perfect manicured nails topping each one. Di preferred them long, but kept them short, and each a layer of clear nail polish.

"Hey, Di, I need you in Chinatown, there was a death and the last person to see the guy was a pet shop owner, here's the address and case file, figured you'd do better in the area..." Taking the offered information the willowy man nodded absently as he flipped through the file, eyes narrowing.

"This looks like the work of a wild animal..."


end