Title: A Time For All Things...

Author: Jessi B.

shadowrider@blomand.net

Fandom: Pet Shop of Horrors

Rating: PG-13?

Summary: The end of the manga, and over the edge.

Notes: This happened because of a dream...The fic isn't exactly like the dream but the idea came from there. And in a side note, I graduated college! So after I find work I'll be writing more!


A Time For All Things...
by Jessi B.


Chris Orcot smiled softly at the Count D before him. Not HIS Count D but still, the resemblance was uncanny. The love for sweets among the Ds was universal it seemed.

"Let me..." Chris offered, moving to help set out the tea things with a practiced ease. D had taught him this so thoroughly that even the years away from the shop made no difference.

"Thank you, may I ask what you need from my shop, Agent Orcot?" The D asked smiling when Chris sat a pastry in front of him.

"Nothing specific...if I wanted anything it would be a raccoon and a tou-tetsu..." A fond smile whispered over the blonde's face as he poured the tea. The wide purple eyes were startled.

"I had wondered," A new voice murmured, "if you would find us again Chris..." Chris turned and opened his mouth to ask the suited D who he was, then stopped.

"Count D," He murmured bowing his head slightly. He looked back up brow wrinkled. "You remind me of..."

"A batbunny?" The golden eyed D said, mouth quirking upward. "How else was I to keep an eye on my grandson?"

"Q-chan, the cutest pet in the store..." The human smiled, eyes misty. "I...I did stay too long...but I don't regret it..." He poured tea for the other man, blinking away the wetness in his eyes. "I wouldn't go back to normality if I could..."

"Has it not been hard among them, knowing what you know, feeling what you feel?" Sofu D settled beside his son, smiling at the piece of strawberry cake set before him.

"Yes...but not always bad...I'm the youngest to ever hold this position you know...When I heard about a pet shop in Chinatown..." The young man looked up a sad smile on his face. "I had to know..."

"And now?" The younger D ventured, sipping his tea and watching the attractive blonde sit.

"I didn't plan that far ahead..." Muscular shoulder lifted in a shrug. "I just hoped...they would be here..."

"Not here," Sofu D said, a far away look entering his eyes. "But they are well, and soon the dance they lead will end, one way or another..." Chris opened his mouth, a question on his lips, but stopped when he met the glowing golden eyes. Nodding slightly he settled to enjoy the tea. "I fear Pon-chan has been sold, but I believe there is something in the back you'd like to see..."

Nodding to his son the elder D stood. Chris followed his example and his lead breathing deeply the air of the shop. Animals purred welcome in the secret language only beasts and a few humans heard. The door they stopped beside was only vaguely familiar to the agent. He stepped forward with no prodding, fingers sliding over the rich wood, hesitantly he touched the handle. The door swung in and he was in a bamboo forest. Sofu D followed but he didn't notice. The air he breathed told stories, a pile of bones lay to the side, human he knew from a quick glance. A low growl sounded as he stepped deeper into the room, deeper into the forest's darkness. He felt no fear, only a slow rising heat in his stomach. He stepped farther in and knew that the door, and Sofu D with it, was now obscured from view. His breath sped up as the shuffling of feat sounded close by. Apprehension knotted his stomach as unnamed something tightened his throat. He knelt, closed his eyes and tilted his head back, offering his throat. Warm breath washed over his face, then a rough tongue licked the path of his jugular vein.

"Chris..." A rough growl sighed and he opened his eyes to meet slit yellow.

"Tet-chan..." The animal purred, long arms slid around his waist and he held close to a slender chest.

"I wondered...if you'd return..."

"I...I had to...I...I missed everyone...especially...I missed you." The calm collected agent was reduced to his childhood as tear pricked his eyes.

"Crybaby," The redhead murmured affectionately. "I missed you too..." It was the mystical animal who moved first, drawn by a siren like call he lowered his lips to the boys and the rightness of the action pulled a sigh from Chris. Clothes were discarded and claws and fingers found purchase on sweat slicked flesh. A cry of mingled pain and pleasure slipped from Chris as he was penetrated, it was quickly swallowed by his lover and they clung to each other as they fell over the edge to bliss. Tangled limbs relaxed, breaths slowed, Chris moved close, tucking his head into Tet-chan's shoulder he drifted
off.

"I assume, you will want to keep him..." Sofu D asked a slow smile playing his lips. A low growl answered and the elder kami chuckled, moving to cover them with a silk blanket. "It will be good to have him, I will not make the same mistakes again with my son...and Chris is ours already, he was in the moment he stepped in the doors of the shop..."


end