TITLE: YOU ARE MY DESTINY

AUTHOR: PEJA

FANDOM: FIRST WAVE/XFILES

PAIRING: CADE/JOSHUA

RATING: NC-17, of course.

EMAIL: daltonavon@yahoo.com

FEEDBACK: You want more, feed the need

ARCHIVE: The WWOMB: PEJA's Ravings

WEBSITE: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

SUMMARY: Joshua wants what's his

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey, Cade said it himself when he said "I need Joshua. I need Joshua"

 

YOU ARE MY DESTINY

By PEJA

 

Cade regain consciousness slowly, fighting against his awakening senses for as long as possible before reality forced him back to awareness...and an agony he could not believe one man could contain.

A rough slap wrenched his head around on his neck and his eyelids fluttered even while his mind screamed at him to resist. "Come on, dammit," a familiar unfamiliar voice snarled. "I'm not gonna risk my ass for a piece-of-meat human too stupid to open his eyes."

A low guttural groan accompanied his swollen eyes opening. He blinked in the way too light dark room. "What the hell are you doing here. Come to gloat?"

Joshua chuckled, running a caressing hand over Cade's puffy cheek. "Hurt does it?"

Cade flinched away. "Go to hell."

"Already there." Joshua reached into his pocket and pulled out something Cade had come to recognize as the alien equivalent of a key. He touched the card to the chains supporting his weight and the locks snapped open.

No longer supported by anything, Cade fell forward against the massive black man/alien and dribbled into a flesh puddle at his tormentor's feet.

"Ah, Jesus, can't you do anything for yourself," Joshua complained, lifting the bundle of screaming nerves over his shoulder. "Be quiet, dammit. I have plans for the rest of this life."

Cade bite into his lips, stifling the screams that continued to sound in his mind with each step the giant of a man took.

At the door, Joshua eased his prize down to the floor and supporting Cade with one hand around his waist, forced him to look into his dark eyes. "Are you still with me?"

Cade nodded. "Yeah."

Joshua's generous lips curled into a cruel smile. "I warned you about this, didn't I? Told you to disappear? but do you listen? Do you do as you are told. Hell no. You walk right in here bold as a brass ass and get yourself caught. You are one stupid human, Cade."

"So what you doing here?" Cade asked, his words just above a whisper.

"I told you before, you are my destiny." His big hand slid down to smooth over Cade's ass. "This belongs to me. I mean to get me some."

Cade's eyes widened and he swallowed hard, "Huh, Joshua....I...well, uh..."

"Cade?"

"Yeah?"

Joshua leaned in to capture Cade's lips in a gentle testing kiss. "Shut up." His hand moved to Cade's neck, found a pressure point and the world went black for the human.

CHAPTER TWO

"Put him in the guest room. I've already got it set up." the man with the assassin's eyes snapped, slamming the front door after Joshua passed through it.

Joshua carried his precious burden through the sitting room, down the dark hall and into a dimly lit bedroom. Letting the other man flip on the overheads, Joshua laid Cade in the turned down bed, adjusting the covers with care, his dark hands lingering over every touch.

"Ah, ain't that sweet?" the man drawled sarcastically.

"Shut up, Krycek," Joshua snapped, stepping away from the bed so Alex could prep the agony-zoned man for the waiting IV with an alcohol swab. "You do know what you're doing, don't you?"

Alex cast his a contemptuous glance. "Yeah. Sure. Right. I moonlight as a nurse when I'm not out killing some good sam or other." He held the IV needle out to him. "Would you like to do it?"

Joshua stared at the sharp needle for a beat, then shook his head. "I'm no good at this stuff."

Krycek snorted. "Yeah, like I am." He slid the needle home, adjusting the drip. "Hell, Joshua, I know only as much as Scully was willing to teach me in the half hour it took her to gather these supplies."

"She taught you correctly?"

Krycek shrugged. "Mulder thinks this guy's one step below God, Joshua. What do you think?"

"They realize Cade is a fugitive?"

Alex straightened and tossed him a Duhh-look. "Mulder looks the other way when it comes to some fugitives, Joshua. You should know that."

Joshua chuckled, "And sleeps with one in particular."

Alex' grin lit up the room. "And does it very well, I must say."

Finishing up his nursely duties, Alex finally turned to his patient and stared into pain-shocked eyes. "That will do you up right well, superhero."

Cade glanced between the two men. "Why?"

"Why what?" Alex demanded. "Why'd Joshua rescue your ass? That's easy. He's hot to test you out in his own way."

"I don't...."

"Let's just say our friend Joshua here is a man's man. Guess who he wants, dolly boy."

Cade met Joshua's grim eyes for a long moment, then turned his attention back to the fair man hovering over him. "And you?"

Alex shrugged. "I owe him."

"Owe him?"

"Alexi has been battling our....the alien allies for several years now, Cade."

"There are others?" Cade rasped.

"There are many. Your world is a gem among the races. In high demand."

"Oh God, we'll never...."

Joshua halted the soft spoken words with two fingers laid over Cade's lips. "Rest now, Cade. There will be time enough once you are healed."

"Will there?" Cade wanted to know.

"You must learn to trust me."

Cade's eyes drifted closed even as he opened his mouth to speak...words that never came, blanketed by a sweet drug induced sleep.

"Well that's that then," Alex said, heading for the door. "Coffee's hot. Want some?"

Joshua hesitated. "Perhaps I should...."

Alex rotated on his heel. "Stand watch over him? Why? I gave him enough morphine to keep him quiet through the second wave. "

"If it were Mulder..."

Alex grimaced. "It's been Mulder. Over and over again. The sap has no duck and cover instincts. Just barrels into every rain of bullets that's thrown his way like he thinks they’ll bounce off his thick skin. Has a damn superman complex. Lot like this one."

"You have never been able to sit at his bedside?"

"Sure I could of. If I was of a mind to spend the rest of my life in prison."

"The woman would not protect you?"

Alex snorted, waving the question away. "Coffee." He headed for the kitchen with Joshua at his heels. Filling two cups, he handed one to Joshua and settled a well defined hip against the window sill, his sleepy eyed gaze scanning the area. "Scully would love to see me locked away from the man. She's so hot for him eggs sizzle."

"And yet you trust her with Joshua's life."

Alex sipped from his cup. "Of course. For the same reason. She'd do anything to get him to notice her just once."

"They will be joining us here?"

Alex shook his head.

"Alex, we need...."

"Joshua, we need a lot of things. What we have is us."

"The assembly will be searching for us."

"Yeah."

"They are good at finding people."

"Yeah."

"And we will be on our own?"

"Yeah."

"I think we are in trouble."

Alex directed his bedroom gaze at the other man and grinned. "Yeah. Ain't it a kick?"

Joshua grinned. "You enjoy danger way too much, Alexi."

Krycek slanted him a sultry glance. "Think so?"

"Know so." Joshua cupped Alex's check, drawing him in for a tender kiss. "If they find us, when the time comes for you to die, I will do it. Quick."

Alex leaned away, grinning. "That's mighty big of you, Joshua, but I ain't going."

CHAPTER THREE

Joshua snapped his cell phone closed and stared grimly out the window.

"You have a new assignment?" Krycek asked, looking up from the gun he was cleaning.

The brooding man nodded, once. "Seems Foster has escaped yet again. The assembly has reached the end of their patience. They've decreed I bring them his head."

"So they haven't figured out it was you who got him out then." He turned his attention back to polishing his revolver with the chamois he'd been holding. "That's a good thing, right?"

Joshua remained silent.

"Bit of a dilemma for you though, isn't it?" Krycek cast a glance his way. "I mean you can't hardly bring them his head and still get what you want, can you? Not unless you're into screwing a dead man. You into that, Joahua?"

"No."

Krychek set aside his cleaning supplies and, tongue in cheek, sauntered over to the bigger man. "So, Joshua, you gonnna take him back?"

"No."

"No, huh?" Krycek watched him from narrowed eyes. "What you gonna do, then?"

Joshua blew out a low breath. "Fail."

"Damn." Krycek gave that a bit of thought. "They'll punish you."

"I would expect no less."

"He's that important to the resistance movement?"

"If he dies, so does your race, human." Joshua murmured. "But more importantly, he is that important to me."

"You have it bad, my friend. And with a human, no less. What would you're momma say?" Krycek gave is a slow grin. "Your kind do have momma's, don't they? You don't start out as energy locked in little silver balls, do you?"

Joshua cuffed Krycek playfully, trying hard not to break into a smile. "I'm gonna check on Cade."

"Coward," Krycek's dark chuckle followed the other man down the darkened halls

*****

Cade watched Joshua enter his room with a wary expression on his face.

"You heard?"

Cade nodded.

Joshua crossed the room, settling on the bed carefully. "How are you feeling?" he asked, lifting one pale hand.

Cade drew his hand away. "I'm not willing to play whore for you, Joshua," Cade told him. "I have...interests in other areas."

Joshua smiled. "The one you call Crazy Eddie. I know." He reclaimed the hand and pressed a moist kiss into Cade's palm. "I am not concerned with that one."

"What about what I'm concerned with?"

Joshua thought that over. "If he means that much to you I will allow you to keep him."

"What...?

"I will not kill him. You may make use of his body when you are of a mind to."

Cade sputtered. "And what if I said I loved him?"

"Do you?"

"Yes...."Cade frowned, staring at the dark man at his side. "No...I mean, well...yeah....In a way."

"What do you feel with me?"

"You are my enemy...." Cade said, uncertainty shining in his light gaze.

Joshua stared deeply into Cade's captured gaze. "What do you feel for me?"

"You kill everything and everyone who could help me...."

"No. I do not."

Cade ducked his head. "Well, you did until...."

"Until?"

"Why are you doing this?" Cade snapped peevishly. "Why did you have to confuse the issues. In both your words and behavior? Why have you been helping me against your own people?"

Joshua shrugged. "I want you."

"Want...?"

"Desire you."

Cade's lip curled in contempt. "Lust."

Joshua dropped a quick kiss on his lips. "Love," he contradicted, his tongue darting over Cade's lips. Cade opened under his on-slaught without thought and Joshua gathered him in strong arms deepening the kiss.

Cade hung in the larger man's possessive embrace for a long moment, then his hands slowly crept up the massive arms, wrapping around Joshua's neck, his fingers reaching to tangle in the black curls.

Joshua eased him closer, ever mindful of the human's still obvious, and not so obvious, injuries. and changed his slant on the kisses. His lips peppered their way down Cade's throat to fasten on his throat, licking, sucking, branding the man as his own.

And then he pulled away, easing Cade back onto his pillows.

The question in Cade's eyes remained unspoken, but was heard just the same.

"You are not ready to accept me completely yet. I will not lose you because I am impatient."

And then he was gone.

CHAPTER FOUR

"What's he waiting for?"

Krycek sighed, "Ask him."

"I did."

"Then why ask me?" Krycek demanded, adjusting the blankets around his patient. "For the thousandth time."

"Because he's as tight lipped as....as..." Cade waved an impatient hand.

"An alien?"

Cade slanted him a grumpy glance. "You're laughing at me, aren't you?"

"Heaven forbid," Alex mumbled, checking the drip of the IV. "I'm thinking you don't need this anymore. What do you think?"

"How would I know? You have me so damn drugged up I don't know what day it is half the time."

Krycek bent to the needle and expertly removed it, capping the bubble of blood with a gauze pad. He covered it with a tape and stepped back, grinning. "Batten down the hatches, Foster. You've had your last morphine from me."

"I can't say I’m going to complain about that." He eyed Krycek's catty grin suspiciously. "What?"

"Joshua should be back in around an hour."

"What's that got to do with me?"

Krycek unhooked the med bag from the IV tree, patting the remaining liquid. "No morphine to blame when you respond to him this time, Foster. It's all hormones from here on in."

Cade blanched. "I won't..."

"Yeah, right...." Alex rolled the metal stand into a closet, then turned back grinning. "You want candles with your dinner tonight? A shower and enema bag, by any chance? Joshua likes to top. Got a feeling you have been the man in the driver's seat with your other lovers."

"I'm with someone..."

"So is he."

"Who...?"

Krycek's grin was smug.

"You?"

"If he's of a mind to fuck me, I'll bend over for him, yeah," Krycek admitted. "He knows I'm with someone else."

"Jesus....."

"Get over it Cade," Alex snapped. "Joshua deserves better than you, but you are what he wants, so you are what he's gonna get."

"Rape...?"

"Joshua would never rape you, Cade. From what I've seen, he's not going to have to."

Cade's mouth dropped open, but his words never came.

"Don't even try, Foster. I know a man with the hots when I see one and you have solar flares shooting off you when he smiles at ya."

"That's not true."

Alex snickered, patting Cade's arm. "I don't know why your lying to yourself, but if it makes ya happy, keep spinning 'em."

"You're not going to help me, are you?"

Krycek tilted his head, studying the other man intently. "I am helping you, Foster. What are you afraid of anyway?"

Foster's gaze darted away. "Joshua....he wants commitment. I know that he does. I can't give him that sort of a promise. I can't...let myself give that sort of commitment again."

CHAPTER FIVE SOON