Title: MIRROR MIRROR

Author/pseudonym: PEJA

Fandom: SENTINEL/ACTION

Pairing: JIM/BLAIR, COLE RICCARDI/PETER DRAGON and perhaps as sprinkling of mixing it up

Rating: NC-17

Status: WIP

Archive: The WWOMB Archive. Anywhere else, ask

E-mail address for feedback: daltonavon@yahoo.com

Series/Sequel: who can tell with me

Other websites: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

Disclaimers: what's yours is mine, what's mine is mine...possession in nine tenths of the law.

Notes: I've never seen RB in Action...if my Cole doesn't fit the character, let me know...I'll probably write him my way anyway, though cuz he flames so well

This story was inspired from a challenge issued yesterday. It's got me by the throat...and it breaks me out of the darkness into...something else...I hope

Summary: Cole Riccardi is being stalked and Jim....well Jim just has to cope

Warnings: have to go with AU, since the Riccardi/Dragon characters are written to fit the story, not cannon...

 

MIRROR MIRROR

By PEJA

 

Concussion. Prognosis excellent.

That's what the doctor had said.

But Cole Riccardi hadn't so much as twitched a lash since he'd been brought into the recovery room early last night. The white bandage over his left brow was a stark reminder that things could have been worse. Things could have been....

Peter Dragon shuddered. Don't go there...

Prognosis excellent.

Peter's distraught gaze lifted to the heavens in a parady of prayer. "So why doesn't he wake up?"

"You only had to ask," Cole said through a soft chuckle.

"Co....Riccardi..."

"Nope, nope, nope," Cole chanted, waving a slender finger at the man he considered his lover. "Any man who's had his ever so delectable cock in my mouth must forever after call me..." A devilish grin curved his lips. "My darling little cock tease."

Cole's soft laughter licked fire, stirring the blood somewhere below Peters belt. He blanched, then went brilliant red. "Riccardi I...I..I"

"You really must stop pretending to resist my incredible charms, Peter," Cole interrupted. "You know you absolutely adore the feel of my tongue running over the underside of...."

"Cole," Peter sputtered. "Please, stop. We're not..." We waved toward a dark corner of the room "...alone."

"Oh....company," Cole purred like a cat that had been stroked. His gaze Peters waving hand to the two slack-jawed strangers.

"These two are cops from the Cascade Major Crimes Unit. They're here to protect you."

"Uuuummmm, yummy." Cole's light blue gaze roamed at will over the smaller man. "How abut that? A girlie boy cop. I just adore the curls, sweety." he flicked a glance toward Dragon, smiling demurely. "Petey, have you ever considered group sex?"

Blair Sandburg made a choking sound in the back of his throat, speechless for the first time in his vocal life.

Stepping out of the concealing shadows, Jim Ellison moved to stand between his partner and the man he was there to protect. So why did he suddenly have this almost overwhelming urge to tear his head off and bounce it off the walls for awhile.

"Mr Riccadi..."

"Mirror..." Cole pointed excitedly at Jim, bouncing in his bed. "Petey....Look....Look....he's my mirror."

"Excuse me?" Jim stammered.

"Cole, I don't think..." Pete said at the same time.

"Look at him, sugar cock. Really look at him. he's my body double....Well, maybe a little less buff than me, but no one can be as close to perfect as I am, can they? And he's got a little less hair..."

Jim's hand ruffled his shorn locks. The thinning on top had been beginning to bother him a bit. He definitely was beginning to dislike this man.

"But give him a paste up beard and some hair implants....A little time in the gym...." Cole waved his hands dramatically and announced in a ringing voice. "Mir-r-r-ror."

Blair snorted, then burst into uncontrolled giggled.

"Simon," Jim whispered under his breath. "I am going to kill you for this."

CHAPTER TWO

Jim glared at his hapless smaller partner. "I don’t believe you told Simon that."

"Leave off, Sandburg, Jim." Simon chuckled, tonguing his unlit cigar to the other side of his mouth. "He didn’t tell me anything."

Jim spread his hands, retreating off a step. "Then who?"

Simon smirked, arching a dark brow. Blair choked on a bubbling wave of laughter. "Not…"

Simon nodded.

"Oh, no." Jim caught the look Simon threw Blair and slumped down on the chair his partner shoved under him just in time. "He didn’t…"

"Riccardi thought you might like to give up Major Crimes and join his entourage."

Jim blanched, puddling lower in the chair.

"Said he’d even hire you….." Simon grinned, rolling his cigar between thumb and fingers. "…A personal trainer to get you into shape."

Blair curled up, holding his stomach as his laughter exploded uncontrollably forth.

Simon’s brow crept a bit higher. "What’s with your partner, Jim. He’s been snickering ad giggling ever since you two walked in here.

Jim made a sputtering sound, rubbing his forehead with a trembling hand. "Longer, actually. He’s been like this ever since his warped flower child brain wrapped itself around the Riccardi mindset. And I thought the Sandburg Zone was bad."

"Hey…" Blair protested, getting control of himself.

"That was before I entered the Riccardi Zone. Those two together…." Jim shook his head.

Simon chuckled. "That’s just too frightening to consider.

"Now wait a minute…"

"Not now, Sandburg." Simon cut him off. "I called you both in here to discuss your new assignment."

Jim straightened in his chair, eyeing Simon darkly. "I’m not going to like this, am I?"

"Dragon called the mayor."

A dark scowl creased Jim’s high forehead.

"The mayor called my supervisor."

Jim started shaking his head, dread tripping up his spine.

"Now I’m telling you." Simon said. "Dragon has requested you be assigned to Riccardi’s protection." Simon paused, pouring out three cups of coffee and handing them all around.

"This bad, huh?" Jim forced a joke as he reached for the cup.

"Dragon wants you to take Riccardi’s place in the public eye while we keep him under protective custody."

Jim’s hand froze, his fingertips just brushing the fragile cup, mouth agape. A study of absolute disbelieve.

Blair burst out again, curling over in his chair.

His partner’s haunting laughter released Jim and he bolted from his chair. "No. I won’t do it. I…can’t do it. Dammit, Cap, Riccardi….he’s….he’s…"

"Yes, undoubtedly so." Simon agreed. "But you were a vice cop. You know the ropes. Know how to play in that scene. You can do it. And you have the distinct advantage of being a damn close twin to the man."

"But…." Jim cast around for an escape and found his giggling guide. "Blair. I need Blair…"

"Blair will be going in with you." Simon assured him.

"I will?" Blair came up, still snickering. "As what? His personal trainer?" That set off a whole new set of giggles.

"Nooooo," Simon drawled.

Blair grew still then. Suddenly on the alert.

"You’re going in as Cole’s…" A wicked grin curled Simon’s lips. "Newest boy toy."

Jim shot a look of purest terror at his guide. Blair simply stared back, the amusement gone from his eyes.

"Simon," Jim managed at length. "Uh, just…mmmm, just exactly how…." His hands fluttered. "uh, I mean….How…"

"I think what Jim’s trying to ask is, what are you asking us to do…Exactly, Si…Cap?" Blair finished.

Jim’s head bobbed up and down. "Simon, Riccardi….he…." Jim floundered again, swallowing hard. "He…How…Simon, I couldn’t even attempt to…."

"Why not?"

"I….I….Simon, I mean, you didn’t see him, sir. You can’t imagine….It’s impossible. I won’t do it. I won’t, do you hear me?"

Simon grinned over the edge of his cup. "Drink your coffee, Jim."

CHAPTER THREE

"Show time, detective." Dragon grabbed Jim's arm and levered him from the limo. "You know it won't kill you to be a little less up-tight."

Grimacing, Jim allowed himself to be guided onto the sound set, wearing a tiny pout.. "Don't see why you thought you had to bring this Sandburg character in to keep me entertained," He griped, imitating Riccardi to perfection. "Don't want to meet any new boy toy you brought in for me to play with." Jim planted his feet stubbornly and eased Dragon into a loose, one-armed embrace. He ran his free hand over Peter's chest. "Only want you, Petey."

Dragon flicked a quick glance over the impetuous actor's twin. "You are good."

Jim smirked and leaned over, whispering. "Let's get this contact over and get out of here."

Pete drew away. "Behave yourself, Riccardi," he said, pointing toward a strange man. "There. There he is."

Jim followed the direction of Dragon's wave frowning. "Where? I don't see Blair anywh...."

"Over there. By the coffee machine."

Jim looked again. "You're crazy. Only man over there is that guy with the...." Jim looked harder. "...Blue....hair."

Peter grinned. "Hey, Sandburg."

Jim's eyes widened as the neon head nodded and a hand waved over his shoulder. "Be with ya in a sec." Blair's voice came out of the black leather clad figure.

Jim's jaw plummeted onto his chest as his partner turned, revealing a lightly furred chest under the black leather vest. His gaze moved lower, widening at the leather cut-out jeans that left nothing to the imagination.

"Oh, my god," Jim choked.

Dragon grinned. "Has a flare for the dramatic, hasn't he?"

Blair lifted his head then, and Jim noticed the black lined eyes, the white powered cheeks and the black lips."

Jim choked, sputtering.

A wide grin broke over Blair's painted features and he sashayed across the lot.

"Peter, darling," he drawled, enveloping the well-groomed exec in a welcoming embrace. Backing off the man, Blair's glance tripped over Jim "So, this must be the man you hired me to---protect." Blair purred, running his gaze over Jim once more. "Mmmm, nice." He stuck out his hand, drawing attention to the black painted nails. "Blair Sandburg. Body guard to the star."

Jim's lips twitched, suppressing a bubble of laughter. "Pe-e-t-e-y," he drawled in the same way Riccardi had in the hospital. "You think we could take a third?"

Blair slanted him a coy grin. "Cole, darling, show me yours and I'll show you mine."

"Dressing room, Petey," Jim's voice rang out over the din of the sound stage as he slipped an arm around Blair's waist."

Blair curled around his partner, running his fingers over the well muscled chest. "And hurry, big guy."

PART FOUR

"What's...."Jim waved a hand up and down Blair's leather clad form. "...That get up about?"

Blair grinned, bouncing on his heels. "Cole thought..."

"You went to Riccardi for advice?"

Growing suddenly still, Blair tilted a nervous glance at Jim. "Well...yeah..." He tried a small grin. "I...figured if I was supposed to attract him...well, you pretending to be...him...ah, Just figured he'd be the one to ask what he's attracted to...man-wise, I mean."

He cast a second quick glance at Jim, then did a slow spin, arms out at his side. "What do you...think?"

"I gotta tell you, Sandburg...." Jim floundered, waving his arms about like a drowning man.

"Yeah?" Blair prompted, smiling seductively. "Ya like...?"

A fine sheen of sweat broke over Jim's upper lip as Blair slithered across the room toward him

"Knock it off, Sandburg."

Hurt flickered in Blair's eyes and he turned away to pour himself a coffee from the carafe on the table. "Over the top, huh?" he asked in a dull voice.

Jim's fingers curled around Blair's forearm, turning him back around. "Blair?" Blair continued to stare into his cup. Jim hooked a finger under Blair's chin and tipped his head up until sad eyes met his. "Ah, Blair, don't take on so. The....biker look is nice on you. Very... stimulating..." He flushed, brilliant red. "Ah, for Riccardi, I mean..." The light fled Blair's eyes. "Ah, no...that wasn't right. You look good, Blair. Really..."

A nervous smile tugged at Blair's lips. "Stimulating, huh?"

"Well, I'm sure Riccardi would be all over....Scratch that..." Jim shrugged away from his partner. "Christ, Sandburg, what do you want me to say?"

Blair sighed, slumping down in a chair. "Forget it, Jim. I was just kidding around, ya know?"

"Yeah. Right. Sure." Jim flung himself onto the nearby sofa and stared at his best friend sipping dejectedly from a cooling cup.

"Sandburg."

Blair lifted his eyes from his cup for a mere second. "Yeah?"

"Look, chief, I'm not blind. I know how attractive you are..."

Blair flicked another quick glance Jim's way. "You think I'm attractive?"

Jim shifted uncomfortably. "Well...yeah...ah, to the ladies, I mean. I would be...."

"Jim....This assignment is gonna get strange, ya know. I don't want to weird ya out, but I really think I have to let you in on a little something...."

CHAPTER FIVE

Jim scowled. "Look, chief, if this has anything to do with Riccardi....."

"Well, yeah, sorta." Blair bounced on the balls of his feet, his hands accompanying the rest of his body in the patented "excited Blair mode". "See, I know how uncomfortable you are with pretending to be Cole....

"Cole...when did Riccardi become Cole?"

"And we're gonna need to be seen in public and all and I can't see how you're going to be able to do the whole guy on guy thing and Cole, well it just comes natural for him and...."

Jim clapped a hand over Blair's animated lips. "How do you do that?" he demanded with an indulgent smile. "There is such a thing as sentences, you know? They were created so we can breath between words."

Snorting wetly against the clinging hand, Blair peeled Jim off his face.

"Eeeewwww, Darwin." Jim dried his moist hand against his thigh. "I don't share spit with men, okay?"

"Exactly my point, man." Blair said. "See, I'm supposed to be Cole's latest toy, right? You....well, Cole has a history of being all over his flavor of the week. Blatant sexual tension, cuddles, intense lip locks, grab a feel sort of thing and all that...."

"What are you trying to say here, Sandburg?"

"Well, Jim you are known as the....the ...." Arms flailing, he cast around for a nice way to put his thoughts.

"Anal retentive type?" Jim hissed.

Blair backstepped a bit, his tongue darting out to moisten suddenly dry lips. "No, I would never call you....."

Jim's brow rose slightly.

"Um.....well, Jim you have got to admit, you do live by a rather rigid set of rules. Expect the people in your life to live up to them, too. I understand, man. Given your strict up-bringing....the special forces and then cop training, well you can't be blamed for being...."

"Anal retentive?

Blair flushed. "A bit rigid."

Only Blair would have the guts to say that to him. Only Blair had the right to say that to him, he realized with a start. His arm hooked the smaller man around the neck and he tugged Blair down under his arm, rubbing a rough knuckle caress over chestnut curls. "Quick save, chief."

"Ooooww, hey watch the makeup, man..." Blair cried out, squirming in Jim's playful embrace. "I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you here."

Jim released him, holding his hands up in a warding off gesture. "Okay. Okay. Say what you want to say."

Blair straightened, smiling his most compelling smile. "Well, Jim, Cole thought....."

"I don't want to know what Cole thought." Jim turned toward the coffee.

Blair's hand on his arm stopped him. "Jim, listen to me, man..."

Scowling, Jim shook his head. "No. The man is a loony tune. Any idea he might have has got to be something he worked up by bouncing his head off the wall for an hour or so."

A hurt look flickered in Blair's expressive eyes. "I thought it was a good idea, Jim."

Tilting his head slightly, Jim brushed a lock of chestnut off Blair's cheek. "Blair, I would never belittle anything you might consider worthwhile, You know that."

"I thought I did." Blair slumped onto the sofa. "Look, man, let's just forget I said anything. "

I wish.... Jim settled down next to his guide and friend. "No, Blair, " he said, engulfing one of Blair's pewter-jeweled hands in his own and wincing as one of the sharp gothic rings cut his sensitive skin. "Tell me."

Blair slumped deeper into the sofa. "Don't worry about it, man. It was a dumb idea. "

Jim tugged Blair's chin off his chest, and drew his face around to meet his gaze. "Tell me."

Blair's lips trembled and his eyes darted away. "Cole thought....well, like I said you aren't real good with displays of affection. And...in this case....I mean I am a man, you know. You don't do....

"Man on man, I heard it the first time." A frown pulled at Jim's brows. "Blair, you keep say I don't....."

Blair paled. "Look man, don't even ask, Okay?"

"Have you ever....?"

"Jim, if you ask, I will answer. Do you really think you can handle the answer?"

Jim dropped his friend's hand and shifted a bit away.

A sad smile tripped over Blair's face. "Look, I just think I would be more comfortable if it were Cole giving the..... displays of affection."

Jim stiffened. "You like him?"

Blair's face reddened by degrees. "Jim, he's got a lot going for him. He.... makes me laugh. He's got enough charm to donate to a small third world country and still have plenty for himself. And, well...even being a man I know he's...." Blair's voice dropped to a murmur. "Attractive."

"Attractive?" Jim said sharply. "You find him attractive?"

"He's a fine looking man, Jim. " Blair pulled his legs up to his chest and curled long arms around them protectively. "Just leave it alone, will ya."

Peter chuckled. "Leave the little boy toy alone, Ellison. If he wants to have some playtime with the star, let him. I can assure you that Cole will give him the ride of a lifetime."

Jim's gaze ran over Blair's scarlet features. "Is that what this is all about, Blair? Do you want to fu..... sleep with...him?"

Blair bolted off the sofa and across the room. He whirled around, flames shooting from diamond hard eyes. "I can't believe you asked me that?" he erupted. "This isn't about sleeping around with the man...."

"It is to Cole's way of thinking." Dragon added his two cents.

"You know," Blair snapped, waving his arms. "I could really do without your help here."

"Just answer the question, Sandburg. Is sleeping with Riccardi in your game plan?"

Blair snatched up his cold coffee and gulped it down. "Who I sleep with is none of your god-damn business, Jim. We're roommates, not lovers for Christ’s sake."

"Why are you on the defensive?"

"Why am I under interrogation?"

"You're not."

"No? You think not."

"Sandburg....."

"No, dammit. I just thought Cole would be the better person to be seen in public with. He won't come off stiff when he...."

"Kisses you?"

"Yeah, dammit. He probably will kiss me. "

"And you will welcome it."

"Jim, dammit....." Blair cried out. "I'm just doing what Simon asked. If sharing a kiss with him will keep him alive.... "

"Have you already kissed him? Just how far are you willing to go to..."

"Jim...."

"How far, Blair....."

"Oh, I can't deal with this." Blair crashed out of the room, disappearing without a backward glance.

"Well......" Peter said, lighting a slim cigarette. "I think that went well."

CHAPTER SIX

Snuggling up way to comfortably on the sofa, Blair seemed to be enjoying Riccardi's amorous attentions much more than Jim found palatable. He stormed across the expansive living room, and dropped down at Blair's side with a heavy thump. "What ya watching?" he demanded, glaring at the television screen.

"Hm? What...Oh, well..." Blair cast a hurried glance toward the set and grimaced. "Mmmmm....Chick flick."

Smiling maliciously, Jim turned curious eyes on his partner. "What's it about?"

"About...?" Blair cast a desperate glance toward Riccardi. "Ahmmm... well...it's a romance thing, Jim. You know boy meets girl, Girl likes boy and vise versa. Boy does a stupid thing. Girl gets mad and dumps boy....That sort of Elvis thing."

Jim's brow crept higher. "That could cover a lot of ground, Sandburg."

Blair darted another panicked glance toward Cole. "It's pretty much the thing."

Jim snuggled down in the sofa. "How about a bit more detail?" he pressed, turning to face his partner.

Blair swallowed hard. "Jim, ya know, I just have to tell you I wasn't paying all that much attention to...the show."

"Look, detective," Cole sighed, slipping his arm possessively around Blair's shoulders and pulling the younger man tight against his chest. "I understand you are not comfortable around gay men, but sweet Blair here..." He paused to drop a kiss on the sienna curls.

Blair turned into the caress, smiling a secretive smile.

Blue flame rippled along Jim's spine. His hands curled into tight fists and he ground his teeth.

"My dear momma always told me," Cole continued. "A good man is hard to find. amazingly enough, I've been lucky enough to find..." He cast a regretful glance toward Dragon, then gave Blair an affectionate hug. "Two. Since Peter seems...shall we say reluctant, I would not go wrong with your partner. If he'd have me."

Blair shifted around so he could meet Cole's amorous gaze. "Cole..."

Cole silenced him with a quick kiss. "No need to answer yet, Blair. I know I've sprung that on you quite unexpectedly."

"He can't...." Jim stammered, finding his voice.

Blair turned to study his flustered partner. "I....can't?"

"Blair, think about it." Jim stammered. "You're working with the police department. It's just.....not...done."

"Not done?" Blair bristled. "Jim, I'm here to tell you if I decide to date a guy I'm sure as hell going to do it. And if I decide I want to fuck that man, you know I am gonna do it and do it well."

"No...." Jim said softly. "Blair, don't.."

Blair shifted out of Cole's arms. "Why would it matter to you? Jim, you wouldn't freak out if I were bi, would you? I mean, you wouldn't go all atomic on me, would you?"

Cole snagged the smaller man and drew him back against his chest, smirking over Blair's curly head. "Of course he wouldn't, would you, Ellison?