FLASHPOINT

By PEJA

Fandom: Andromeda

Pairing: Preslash for Seamus Harper/Dragon warriors

Rating: R

Warning: There is Non-con sex of an unconscious man in this one (Does that make it worse)

Summary: The truth behind why Seamus left Boston

Spoilers: Yea, but I can't remember the ep name, so when they went back to Boston ep....

Feedback: I definately write faster if I have a reason too

Email: daltonavon@yahoo.com

 Website: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

 

FLASHPOINT

By PEJA

 

Drago-Kazov Pride warriors, leading several hapless, bound kludges behind them, strode through the dark streets of Boston. Those few Earthers that dared violate the curfew scattered before the approaching slavers, desperate for any hidey-hole they might find.

From his vantage point at the mouth of an alley, Seamus waited with bated breath for the slavers to pass. He'd witnessed this scene played out thousands of times over his growing up years. Had heard the tales of abuse and neglect served up on the heads of those luckless slaves apprehended by the Dragan acquisition teams.

He'd learned early on to keep a low profile any time the warriors entered his section of the breeder camp, especially since he'd reached the age of maturity. Too many breeding aged humans had vanished over the last couple years for any of the young men and women to think themselves safe.

And the rumors about the missing humans fates were far from appealing. Better to be a magog hatchery than to be taken by the Dragans.

"Seamus," his father whispered at his ear. "Take your mother and get back to Brendan Lahey. Your cousin will see to it that these bastards don't find you."

"But...."

"No buts, son. They'll see us here. You know they will. We're in a bad position. I need to lead them away from you." He smiled grimly. "I'll hold them off you as long as I can."

Harper peered around the corner. The acquistion team were almost upon them. It would only take one glance and they would be finished.

He met his father's eyes, the love he held for the man who had raised him shining in his moist eyes. "Dad, I..."

His father smiled recklessly. "I know, boy. I know." He held out his hand to Seamus.

Seamus stared at that hand then clasped his father's forearm in a comraderly grip. "I'll do the best I can, Dad."

Harper's father grinned. "Woman," he said turning to his lady wife. "Let our son see you to safety."

She stared into his eyes a long moment, then went into his arms for a deep searching kiss. "Forever, my love," she whispered as they parted.

"Forever." He cupped her cheek. "Go now. Quickly."

Before either could argue, his father darted out of the alley and down the street. Distracted by certain prey, the dragan squad took pursuit, dragging the luckless humans they already possessed along behind them.

Seamus stared after them until they rounded the corner, than, taking his mother's hand, he lead her the opposite direction.

Several blocks later they ran into the second team.

"God's mercy." his mother cried as the warriors sprang out of a darkened shop two blocks ahead of them.

The ambushed humans whirled on their heels, running in the direction they'd come.

"This is no good," his mother rasped, clutching at her side. "I've got a pain in my side. I can't run anymore. Harper, save yourself. Go quickly. To the arranged spot. We'll met you there, god willing."

"Mom, I don't want to leave you. I..."

She gave him a shove toward the next street. "Go, my son. Be safe. For your father. For me, go."

With that, she whirled, snatching up a rod lying in the street and prepared to meet the warriors head on.

Harper ran, near blinded by the tears.

For the love of his mom and dad, he ran.

************

Brendan laid a hand on Seamus' shoulder, bringing the smaller blonde out of his grim thoughts. "Seamus, you did the only thing you could. They died so you could live."

Seamus nodded. "Yeah, that’s me, Seamus Harper, the fuck that does the right thing every time." He tugged the shriller out of his hip pocket. "Especially if its the easy thing." He pressed it to his lips and blew. Once, twice and again, then let the shriller slip from his fingers into his parents shared grave.

Taking time to study the two who gave him life one last time he turned on his heel and walked away, leaving his cousin to stand vigil over the dead.

Harper let his feet take him where they would, wandering without thought. Without direction. Lost in a grief so large he felt it would swallow him alive.

Until a voice called his name and he realized he'd wandered the day away and was deep in the darkness of night.

His blue gaze swept the area, searching for the person who was calling to him. And found no one. "Great, superhero, now you're imagining things. Way to lose your mind hotshot."

He walked on, getting a forth of the way down the block before his name was whispered from the shadows again.

He whirled around and found the streets empty.

"Whose there?" He rasped.

No answer came to him.

He started walking again. Slipping into a fast walk, his eyes scanning everything around him for thepeople, for there had been two separate voices. How many more? How many?

"Harper"

"Har-r-r-per"

"Hey, Harper..."

Three new voices took up the chant.

Panic flooded his blood and he whirled, trying to penetrate the darkness. To locate his tormentors. "This isn't funny." He screamed, whirling this way and that. "Show yourself."

Nothing moved.

"Dammit, show yourselves."

Still the silence reigned.

Harper drew a shaky breath, raked through his spiked hair. "I've got a gun. You'd be smart if you leave me alone."

"I've got a gun." a voice taunted somewhere to his left.

"You'd be smart....." came from the left

"Leave me alone." from behind and much too close for comfort.

Biting his lip, Harper slowly turned to face the approaching Dragan warrior.

Frozen in place, Harper mouthed a silent, "no."

The warrior chuckled, rippling his talons in the moonlight. "You'd be smart," he minced, "If you leave me alone."

Harper held his hands out before him as if to ward off the approaching slaver. "Leave me alone.

"What's wrong, kludge?" the slaver said, opening his arms wide. "No one here to get between us and you tonight?"

Another warrior stepped into the light, closing in on him. "No one to protect the breeder?"

And yet another hulking slaver stepped into the light, stalking him. "No one to stop us from taking the kludge we were sent to acquire?"

The muscles in Harper's body finally unlocked. he reached for the shriller in his back pocket and came up empty.

He'd tossed it in his parents grave.

God, the only hope and he'd chucked it like a fool to the slaughter.

Like a kludge.

Fueled by terror, his feet carried him backward a step or two before he whirled and darted past the warriors coming at him from all sides.

And suddenly the street was filled with over a dozen loping Dragan warriors, throwing taunts, calling his name. Keeping pace with his heels, breathing down his neck. A few sprinted ahead and turning gracefully around, ran backward, facing him.

Near blinded by tears, Seamus ran. ran until his lungs burned, threatening to burst. Ran until fire lanced in his side, bending him over and still he ran, stumbling, catching himself, running without hope.

Fingers brushed over his skin. "He's a fine specimen."

A razor sharp talon pricked his arm. "He has spirit. He'll breed strong slaves."

One of the warriors facing him caressed his groin. "A nice package, boy. You'll do well."

Harper jerked away from each touch, each caress, slowing as his body ran down. he stumbled again. This time going down on his knees. he scrambled on hands and knees, not yet willing to admit defeat.

A brutal foot stabbed into his throbbing side, lifting his off the ground. Another thudding kick against his temple brought him down, and the darkness folded in on him.

"Take the kludge to the ship and clean him up," he heard as he slipped away. "Del Fey will expect to feast on this one tonight."

END FLASHPOINT