TITLE: THE BEDSLAVE

AUTHOR: PEJA

FANDOM: ORIGINAL FIC

RATING: NC-17 SLASH

PAIRING: M/M

DISCLAIMER: These darling guys are all mine.

SUMMARY: After crash landing on a remote planet, a young man is taken captive.

ARCHIVE: PEJA's Fiction. Any others ask first. I like to know where my boys spend their time.

AUTHOR'S EMAIL: daltonavon@yahoo.com

FEEDBACK: The story lives or dies on reader response

AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: http://members.100free.com/users/daltonavon

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is just one of the ORIGINAL works that are being added to my personal page over the next few days. Most are SCIFI general pieces, for those who are interested in sampling the author's non-fanfic works.

THE BEDSLAVE

By PEJA

War cries shattered the crisp predawn air, wrenching Kaz Drake from pain-drenched sleep. Agony rippled through his back, reminding him to move with care.

Last night's beating had not had time to scab over. The open welts burned like blazes with each brush of the tattered, course blanket that covered his near nudity.

"Oh, gods, what have they dreamt up to break me this time?" he hissed, easing a tortured breath into his throbbing chest. "Why don't they just kill me and get it done with?"

As if in answer to his half-hearted wish, a crazed man hurtled past, his gun exploding death.

A warrior, still disoriented with sleep, stumbled out of his tent. The man was shot down before he even knew what was happening.

Watching the scene play out before his stunned emerald eyes in slow motion, Kaz came to the unwelcome realization that it was not his captors who had raised the blood curdling screams, but an attacking warlord's army.

"Oh, whoa, this is like so not good," he muttered, squirming against the ropes that held him secured in a fetal position. The sounds of his struggle drew the raider's attention.

Kaz froze as the muzzle swing round on him.

Focusing on the thick, blood-stained finger resting on the trigger, he swallowed hard. The finger tensed, beginning the pull that would fire the weapon.

Kaz closed his eyes, turning his head away. Oh, gods, I am so dead and there is not a damn thing I can do to stop it. He twisted himself into a tighter ball, trying to make himself smaller within the bonds that held him.

A sharp shout rose over the screams and gunfire. A quiet grunt heralded yet another death. Kaz held his breath, waiting for the tearing bullet that would end his own suffering.

Instead, a gentle hand brushed the matted black curls out of his face. Soft words murmured softly over him, bringing his damp gaze to the grim face of yet another stranger.

A stunningly beautiful man with long blonde hair tied back into a neat tail.

The man spoke, his words were in a language that meant nothing to Kaz. But the gentle tones went a long way to easing his fear.

He wasn't going to be shot, at least not yet.

Taking a shallow breath, Kaz looked past the man who had saved his life, toward where his executioner had stood, and found nothing, until he widened his range of vision.

The man lay sprawled in a pool of his own blood.

Kaz’ terrified gaze darted back toward the man who knelt at his side and he knew. This man had killed one of his own to prevent Kaz' death. "Oh gods, what have I fallen into here. This is like so bad."

The man spoke again, his hands darting over the ropes, loosening the knots that held Kaz' legs bound.

Kaz choked back a scream as the man tugged his legs out straight before him. He had been tied for too damn long to make movement easy. "No, man. Don't." Wincing, his back protesting the strain he was putting on it, he struggled against the man's insistent hands. "I said don't. Just leave me here."

The invading warrior shouted something... a command over his shoulder. A man ran toward them firing repeatedly, with an accuracy that had terror riding Kaz like a rodeo champion. He cringed farther back against the tree that held him in place, wishing he could melt into the ground below him.

The blonde ran his hand over Kaz’ arm, murmuring comforting words, but Kaz' horrified gaze remained on the bloodshed going on around him.

As the third marauder skidded to a halt beside them, Kaz was lifted, blanket and all, into the air and slung over the burly invader's shoulder.

Panicking, Kaz bucked in the man's grasp, but his arms were tied in front of him, still effectively useless. "No, man," he protested, wiggling in the man's strong grasp. "Leave me here. Come on, man, just finish untying me and leave me here."

Kaz suddenly found himself dangling between two strong hands. His terrified gaze met furious black eyes. Alien words spat into his face.

He shook his head "No, man, I don't understand you. Come on, bud, be a pal. Let me go, huh?"

Another rapid stream of anger lashed him and the brute of a man shook him cruelly.

Kaz’ head whipped about on his neck. His back blazed as the welts tore. He could feel the slow trickle of blood oozing down his back. Thank the gods, at least the ratty blanket would absorb and cover this final indignity for a time.

And then he was hanging up-side down over the man's shoulder again. "Oh, man," Kaz groaned, accepting that was happening to him was very much not in his hands. "This is so not good. Whatever I did to piss off the gods this time, I must have really done it up good."

But what really scared him was the knowledge that he was starting to accept he was destined to suffer the pits of hell on this godforsaken planet. He knew, beyond a shadow of doubt that he was going to die here, and it seemed very likely, soon, without anyone from home ever knowing what had happened to him.

*******

"There will be trouble for what happened in the battle today."

Drago glanced up, shrugging. "He should never have been allowed to ride the winds after last time, Rayden. I warned him he would not survive a repeat of that last massacre."

"People die in the heat of war, Protectorate," the slim man said.

"Perhaps," Drago agreed. "But not people tied hand and foot. Not people unable to defend themself. Not when I guide the warriors."

His somber gaze sought the flames of the campfire. "When the tribe... you, approached me with the position of Protectorate, I advised you to warn them that I do not ride with killers of chained slaves or defenseless children.

"When Garak killed the child during that last battle, I spoke before the council, informed them, you, the entire tribe, that I would not let it happen twice."

He lifted a careless shoulder. "If there is trouble, I will peddle my service where my requirements are acceptable."

"You would leave the tribe over this?"

"I have before," Drago said, watching the slave watch him. "Rayden, Garak intended to kill that slave, knowing full well I desired to take him alive. Perhaps because I intended to take him alive. He would not back off the kill....A kill I strictly forbade before the battle began.

He shrugged. "He was a rabid animal, Rayden. It was a matter of time before he would have had to been put down to protect the tribe."

"You are right, of course," Rayden sighed, his gaze moving over the man who had been the crux of all the trouble, and who was now doing a damn good impression of a statue. "How long has he been sitting like that?"

Drago's black gaze drifted over his newly acquired slave.

The gaunt man reclined against a huge boulder, wearing nothing but a blood spattered loincloth that would better serve covering a babe in arms and a tattered blanket he'd tied around his neck and now clutched to his body with crooked fingers.

What was it with the damn blanket, anyway? The youth had fought to keep that disgustingly fouled blanket, refusing to replace it with the soft furs Drago had offered.

Drago couldn't understand it. The dirty thing was useless. He could see the shivers wracking the man's wasted frame from this distance.

But he still just sat there, huddled under the rough cloth with his arms clasped tightly around drawn up, bound legs. His chin resting in the shallow valley between his tight pressed knees. Eagle-sharp, emerald eyes darted about, keeping track of each man in the camp.

"Since just after we made camp."

"Has he moved at all?"

Drago grimaced, shaking his head. "Hasn't even twitched his nose."

Rayden laughed. "Trying to be invisible, you think?"

Drago frowned, considering the idea. "It's possible."

"A pretty piece. Needs some fattening up, of course, but once you get some weight on him he will bring you a goodly bit of change on the market." A sly smile turned up Rayden's thick lips. "Unless....What are the chances you might consider a private sale? I've need of a new bedslave."

Drago bristled, scowling at the only man he considered a friend. "I am keeping him."

"For what?" Rayden demanded, a twinkle brightening his brown eyes. "You planning to use him to make you a fortune, then? I've heard several men here would be willing to pay, and above the going rate, from what I understand, for a few hours in the slave's company."

Drago swung around, getting full in his friend's face. "No one goes near my slave, Rayden. No one."

**********

Kaz’ head jerked up as the man who had taken him from the raiders, his new master, shouted. "Oh, gods. It's gonna start all over again."

His eyes widened as the huge man stepped into the other man's face, arms flailing in Kaz’ general direction.

"By the gods, no," he muttered, drawing his knees tighter to his chest and hunching even deeper into the coiled ball he was making of himself. "Gods be merciful...."

Low keening rent the air. A small part of Kaz’ mind realized that the cries came from him but he could not stop the sound growing at an even pace with his despair. Blessed be, the man who owned him was preparing to sell his body to another..... perhaps several others. It was happening all over again.

He could not go through it all again. He would not, better to be shot trying to escape, he reckoned, struggling against the immobilizing bonds.

Sprawling in the hard dirt, his frantic hands twisted uselessly at the ropes that confined his wrists. But with his thumbs taped inside his fists, he was helpless to save himself. He could not use his fingers to loosen the knots.

And still he struggled to free himself.

Rough ropes held, tightened, sank into already raw flesh. The warm trickle at his wrists and ankles did nothing to deter his frantic attempts at freedom. He fought with a terror born of absolute despair, slicing the hemp farther into his soft flesh.

And never once felt the blinding agony as he slowly cut his wrists.

Calloused hands on his arms spiked despair through him and he froze. The resistance went out of him when his captor, his master, wrenched him up and he went limp, dangling from two strong hands.

Gruff words lashed him. He hung his head, beyond caring what these coarse men did to him.

He was well and truly caught.

*******

"Release my slave, Karyec," Drago spoke in his softest, most dangerous tone.

The man who held Kaz set him down on the ground none to gently. Kaz’ legs crumpled under him.

Before he could hit the ground, Drago scooped him up in one easy swoop. "No one," he snarled, gathering the trembling young man against his side as his black gaze touched each man in the camp. "No one touches this man."

Kaz lifted his head, staring at the furious man who held him in the safety of his arms.

Drago, sensing his slave's mute gaze, smiled down on his slave. "You are safe," he murmured, brushing the younger man's raven hair back from his pale features. He could feel the smaller man trembling against his side. Watched as the color washed completely out of the young slave's delicate features and frowned as the man's eyes dimmed and his gaze dropped away. "No one will harm you," he repeated gently.

"Drago, he is overwrought," Rayden said. "Perhaps a good night's sleep?"

"Yes, and some food," Drago agreed. "Rayden, would you bring something to my tent. I don't want to leave him alone right now."

Rayden cocked his head slightly, grinning. "You demand domestic services from your chief? Protectorate, you are a bold man."

"I ask a favor from my friend, Rayden," Drago said through a chuckle. "Nothing bold in that." He arched a brow, "You will bring the food?"

"I will bring it. Get the man inside out of sight of these leering apes. He has had enough to deal with for one day."

Drago gave a curt nod, bent and scooped the unresisting body up high against his chest, cradling him in a gentle embrace.

********

Kaz resisted the urge to squirm in his master's arms as the huge man lifted him high in his arms. Too stunned to think, he allowed the man to carry him toward the tent that they had put up together earlier that evening. Toward....No. He would not allow himself to think of....

And couldn’t stop himself.

"God's mercy, don't do this to me," he whispered, keeping his eyes glued to his bound, bleeding hands.

The man said something in his own tongue, soft and tender... Reassuring?

No. That could not be. He was less than nothing to these people. To this man. Of less value than the horses. Of less value even than the dogs that trailed behind the riders.

He became aware again as his master lowered him onto the brightly colored cushions that served for furniture. His master shifted his bulk, reaching for the ropes that had sliced into his ankles.

Kaz tucked his legs away, out of reach.

The other man was having none of it. He gently tugged Kaz’ legs back out before him, then drawing a wicked looking dagger, sliced through the ropes, freeing Kaz, then repeated the process with the ropes holding his bleeding wrists too tight together.

The larger man bent, examining the deep gashes, murmuring in his tongue. Kaz could tell from the tone that the man was angry.

The big man pushed to his feet, still muttering.

Kaz clutched the blanket that hid his secret closer to him and cringed into the cushions, watching owl-eyed as his master stomped across the tent to a table, poured some water into a bowl and grabbed up a soft white cloth.

The man turned back to Kaz, and, panic welling up in him, he skittered deeper into the corner, seeking the concealing shadows.

The large man clucked his tongue indulgently. He put aside the bowl and cloth long enough to gently ease his skittish slave back to the edge of the cushions.

********

Kaz’ curious gaze wandered over the man who was so carefully cleaning his damaged wrists and ankles, not sure what to make of the larger man.

When he'd been with the scavengers, his master had never lowered himself to tend his wounds. Then again, more times than not, he had inflicted the hurts. The twinge in his back from his last lashing was testament to that.

So how did this bear of a man fit into that picture? Was he simply tending the injuries so he could inflict even worse pain on him? Were these gentle ministrations just a clever way of setting him up for the fall?

Kaz shuddered at the thought, catching the huge man's attention. Black eyes met green and the large man smiled, muttering something softly as a thick finger whispered over his cheek.

Swallowing his terror, Kaz watched the man before him touch his own chest. "Drago," the man said. He tapped his chest again, smiling crookedly. "Drago." The hand brushed against Kaz’ chest. "You....?" Back to the thick chest. "Drago." And once more ghosting over Kaz’ chest, with an expectant quirk of his brow.

Understanding brightened Kaz’ emerald gaze and he touched his own chest, careful to avoid contact with the hand that already rested there. "Kaz."

The crooked smile widened into a delighted grin. "Kaz," Drago repeated, the 'z' rolling off his tongue exotically. "Kaz," he said again, this time with a curt nod and some more alien words.

Lacing his fingers with Kaz’, Drago brought both hands to his own chest. "Drago...."

Fear flickered in Kaz’ eyes and he tried to pull his hand back. The bigger man held him tight, repeating, "Drago."

Swallowing hard, Kaz nodded. "Drago. I understand. Your name is Drago, right?

His master nodded, drying off the moisture still clinging to Kaz’ arms and legs. He set aside the bowl that was now tinged pink with blood and reached into the hipsack he wore, pulling out a vial. A few undecipherable words and he poured a small puddle of the viscous liquid into his palm, warming it by rubbing his hands together for a few seconds before he smeared it into the raw flesh.

On first contact, Kaz jerked away from the tingling gel, but Drago's firm grasp on him would not allow escape. He treated Kaz’ wounds with a gentleness that his huge size denied, and after a moment, Kaz relaxed enough to let his master smooth the ointment over both his wrists and ankles, then wrap the injured limbs in clean white gauze.

Free once more, Kaz curled back into the protective ball he'd been in all evening, watching through lowered lashes, the other man watch him.

"Kaz...."

"Drago," A voice called, cutting the big man off.

Drago turned his head and spoke sharply. A man, the one who had been deep in discussion with by the fire stepped into the dimly lit tent.

Recognizing the man, Kaz scrambled back into the shadows, babbling, "Nonononono."

A black scowl marred Drago's handsome features as he watched Kaz dive into the shadows. "Kaz...?"

The stranger spoke softly, holding out a steaming bowl and tipping his head in Kaz' direction.

Drago accepted the bowl with a few curt words, making the other man laugh.

Kaz groaned, shaking his head. "God's mercy, no. Don't do this to me, Drago. Don't make me...." he choked on the words, burying his face in trembling hands.

Drago was suddenly there, dragging the terrified man into his arms. "Hush, Kaz," he murmured, caressing Kaz’ curls. "Hush."

Shuddering uncontrollably, Kaz lifted tear stained eyes. "Don't make me do this, Drago," he whispered, casting a terrified glance at the third man. He turned his gaze back to his master, running shaking hands up the man's chest, moistening his full lips. "I'll be good, t'sanna," he promised, addressing him in the manner his first master insisted on. "Just don't pass me around. Please don't prostitute me. Can't bear that again, t'sanna."

******

"T'sanna?" Drago erupted, his arms tightening around that babbling man.

"Drago, the raiders were t'sanna?"

"I would assume so, from what Kaz here is babbling on about."

"Gods be merciful."

"Yes," Drago agreed, caressing the frightened man's arm. "It's a miracle we found him alive."

Rayden, looking pale even in the dim light, nodded. "There will be repercussions, Drago. The t'sanna don't look kindly on their people being attacked."

"Warlords seldom do."

Drago curled a finger under Kaz’ chin, making the trembling boy meet his concerned stare. "Kaz, not t'sanna. Understand. Not t'sanna. Drago."

Kaz nodded. "T'sanna..."

"No, Kaz." Drago snapped, giving the boy a little shake. "Drago. You insult me and these people by calling us t'sanna."

Kaz cringed, covering his head with his hands....Hands that were covered with healing welts and cuts that Drago now understood.

The younger man had been beaten. Expected to be beaten... now. God's blessed blood, if he hadn't killed the vile raider who possessed Kaz before, he would surely do it now...Slowly and in as painful a manner as he could dream up.

"Kaz...Hush, you are safe. Do you understand, Kaz? No one will touch you here. I..." Drago's voice choked off as Kaz continued to babble... beg...in his own tongue.

Drago met Rayden's thoughtful gaze over the rambling youth's head, smoothing his fingers over the gleaming ebony curls. "I don't know how to calm him."

"Drago, he was calm before I came. Before I gave you the food," Rayden said softly. "He was held by t'sanna, Drago. What do you think he thinks is happening here?"

Drago's arms tightened on the terrified man. "God's blood. He thinks you have bought him for the evening. He thinks I am selling his body to you. For a bowl of stew."

"That would be my guess, Protectorate," Rayden said with a sly smile. "How you going to deal with a slave that has no other experience, from the look of him, than what was done to him by those animals. He thinks we are the same. He thinks you are no better than the t'sanna that owned him before you."

Drago ran his fingers through the thick curls caressing Kaz’ quivering shoulders, burying them in the raven locks and fingered the soft skin at the nape of his neck, before he exerted just enough pressure to Kaz’ jaw to tip the man's head back. "Kaz, Rayden is not here for you. He brought the food because I asked him to. Not as a payment."

He set Kaz back on the cushions, smiling reassuringly, or he hoped it was reassuring, and reached for the bowl. Kaz’ gaze, owl-wide, flicked to the bowl, than Rayden, and hurled himself back into Drago's arms, nearly slopping the food in his attempt to burrow into the older man.

"Kaz. No," Drago said, pushing the man back onto the cushions. He placed the bowl into Kaz’ hands, gaining himself a confused look. Drago pointed to the bowl. "Food."

The confused look moved to Rayden, then changed to one of resignation.

"Kaz."

Kaz turned back to Drago, tears gleaming in his eyes and nodded.

Drago pointed to the bowl again. "Food, Kaz."

Kaz heaved a shaky sigh, blinking hard. "Food."

"He's not getting it, Drago," Rayden said. "He's still reacting like he thinks..."

"I damn well know how he's reacting, Rayden," Drago snapped. "I'm just not sure how to correct the problem. If he spoke our language...."

"But he does not. In fact, I have never heard his tongue spoken on this planet before."

"What are you implying?"

"There were rumors of a crashed ship several weeks, a month ago, in the highlands. I have not heard that anyone was taken off the ship alive, but if the t'sanna found him wounded and removed him before the security teams made rescue..."

"You think I should bring him to the citadel?" Drago demanded. "Just up and turn over a perfectly good bedslave on the basis of a rumor?"

"It would be one way of getting rid of the problem."

"Out of the question. I will not give him up."

"No, I didn't think you would, but then you better think of a way to make him understand. He looks half scared to death."

Drago glanced down at the man before him. "I will figure something out."

"Hope you do. He is too beautiful to destroy for no good reason, but if he loses his mind...."

"Kaz will adjust," Drago said firmly, going down on one knee before the slave. "Kaz," he said gently. "Food." He made a spooning motion, than chewed. "Eat."

Kaz nodded once, swallowing hard, and grasped the spoon. The cutlery clattered against the rim of the bowl and Kaz cast a frightened look in Drago's direction.

Drago smiled, nodding. "Eat."

"Eat," Kaz drew a ragged breath and lifted the spoonful of stew toward Drago's lips.

Drago shook his head, redirecting the spoon toward Kaz’ colorless lips. "Eat."

A frantic look entered Kaz’ eyes and he shook his head.

"Yes," Drago said softly, pressing his fingers, firm but gentle into Kaz’ cheeks, until the man was forced to open his mouth. Drago pressed his advantage, easing the food into the man's mouth. "Eat."

Kaz glanced around frantically, holding the food in his mouth.

Drago made a chewing movement again. "Eat, Kaz."

Closing his eyes, Kaz chewed and swallowed. Then waited, unmoving, as if he expected something unpleasant to happen.

Drago nudged the spoon against Kaz’ lips again, snapping open the younger man's eyes. "Eat."

Kaz took the food without force this time, then again and a fourth time. Then, as the fifth mouthful moved toward him, Kaz shook his head, clamping his hand over his mouth.

"Kaz?"

******

Kaz lifted eyes damp with misery to the large man, trying to control the waves of nausea thundering through him. God's blood, was the man attempting to kill him through kindness? And what was up with the other man?

He had brought the food. For him, not his master....Drago, the man had said his name was. At least that was what Kaz thought the man was trying to tell him. If only he could understand what was going on around him. Maybe then the beatings wouldn't come so damn often.

If he could just manage to live that long.

By the goddess, what were they talking about now. Why didn't they do what they were going to do and get it over with?

Maybe he could get lucky tonight. Maybe they would beat him unconscious before.....

Kaz’ chin drifted down to rest on his chest as his slumberous eyes closed.

*******

"Kaz." A gentle hand shook his shoulder, waking him. He lifted weary eyes to the man standing over him, then memory kicked in and he cringed away from the hand that rested lightly on him.

The big man moved off a bit, smiling as he lifted his hands to his ties and unlaced the tan leather shirt, nodding that Kaz should follow suit.

Kaz’ owl-wide gaze flashed over the room, garnering that the other man had left.

"So it's gonna just be you tonight, is it?" Kaz grumbled, slowly untying the blanket under his master's watchful gaze.

Drago waved a hand at his hips.

The loincloth, too?

Biting his lip, Kaz shook his head.

"Kaz...."

"Ah, please, man....

Drago took a step in his direction, reaching to do what he had instructed. "Kaz, now."

Scared, Kaz back-peddled, but his hands popped the fasteners that held the scrap of cloth on and let it fall.

He stood, naked and silent, waiting for a clue that might show him now the rest off the night would go.

Drago wrapped a hand around Kaz’ arm and guided him down into the cushions, giving him a smaller cushion to rest his head on. "Kaz, sleep," he said softly, draping a sheepskin blanket over the trembling man.

The younger man stared, not understanding, as the other turned away to dial down the light.

Oh, blessed be. At least the man didn't intend to witness his humiliation. At least he would retain that much.

The breath caught in Kaz’ chest as the cushions dipped under the other man's weight. A thick arm wrapped around his waist pulling him gently back against the bigger man's chest. "Oh no, please. Don't."

"Hush, Kaz. Sleep." The hand on his chest moved slowly, caressing him in lazy circles, but never once moving to close to his nipples. Never once overtly seductive, but rather comforting as the man at his back uttered soft unintelligible words.

And slowly, Kaz felt the tension drain from his body. Sleep moved closer, wrapping him in it's dark embrace.

*********

Kaz woke to the sounds of screams in his ears...his screams....and catapulted up in bed, while the cries poured from his hoarse throat.

"Kaz?" Drago eased him back down into the protection of his arms, stroking his forehead and murmuring soft comforting sounds.

Swallowing his panic, Kaz let the other man settle him into his warm embrace, even wrapped his arms around the bigger man, clutching at the comfort Drago could provide like a drowning man.

"Kaz?" Drago asked, tipping Kaz’ face up to meet his concerned gaze.

"A dream, man," Kaz said, swallowing convulsively. "Bad bad bad dream."

The man rubbed the cold out of Kaz’ arms, speaking gruffly. "Sleep."

"Sleep?"

Drago closed hism eyes and slowed his breathing. "Sleep."

"Yeah, I think I get that one, man," Kaz whispered, letting his eyes close. "Sorry I woke you, man."

Mere moments later, his eyes snapped open again....fear pouring off him in waves.

"Kaz?"

"Sorry, man," he muttered, trying to control the shuddering that had taken control of his body. "It's waiting for me, see?" he babbled on. "The dream. It's waiting behind my lids."

"Sleep, Kaz."

He shook his head. "No, man. No way I'm gonna do that, Drago. The dream...."

"Dream?" Drago asked.

"Yeah, man," Kaz said softly, closing his eyes. His eyes moved under his lids. "Dream." He opened his eyes. "Dream." He made a ugly face. "Bad."

"Dream bad." Drago frowned, running his hand over Kaz’ arm. Strong fingers curled around the trembling man's forearm and eased him back into his embrace. "Kaz, safe," he murmured, combing through the mass of curls in a petting fashion.

After several, tense moments, Kaz relaxed against the man who held him. It was bizarrely comforting to have the big man patiently untangling curls that Kaz had long since given hope of ever wearing smooth again.

With that thought floating through his thoughts, Kaz drifted back into sleep.

*****

Drago sensed the presence of his friend, but ignored the man with practiced ease, staring down into the steaming cup of coffee warming his hands.

Sauntering around the fire, Rayden hunkered down opposite him, tilting his head at an angle. "Well?"

Drago took a lingering sip of the hot brew then met his friend's curious stare. "Well, what?"

"Come on, Drago," Rayden said with a wicked grin and a twitch of his brows. "Was the slave worth what he cost?"

"If you are asking what I think you are, it is bad form, my friend."

"Bad form to discuss good sex? I think not."

"When it comes to Kaz, it is."

A frown marred Rayden's high forehead. "Drago, you did use him last night, didn't you?"

Drago ignored the question, taking another swallow from his cup. "The coffee is better than ususal today, Rayden. You really ought to grab some while it's fresh."

A frown puckered Rayden's brow. "You didn't, did you, Drago? You left him untried."

"He was overwrought," Drago said. "I thought it was a good idea to let him settle in to his new life."

"Settle in? How can he adjust to being your bedslave if you don't use him? How can he know what you expect of him?" Rayden snapped, pouring himself a cup of the steaming coffee. "You have done him no favors. If you had used him and gotten it over with, he would not be wondering what you’ll do when the time comes for him to lie down for you, would he? If you were in his position right now, what would you be thinking?"

Drago scowled darkly. "I hadn't considered that. I was more concerned with the damage his t'sanna master did to him."

"You examined him?"

"Once he fell asleep, yes."

"He is badly marred?"

Drago nodded. "His back is pulverized...Covered in whip marks. It looks like they also used a thick rod on his back and thighs. The injuries were left untreated, from the look of them, but none have gone rancid. The boy is lucky."

"You take good care of your possessions, Drago," Rayden commented, sipping from his cup. "The boy will recover from the wounds, I am sure, but the damage to his mind....?"

"He will recover from that too." Drago hissed. "I will not have him waking up screaming every night."

"Drago, your slave may never recover.....He has suffered greatly. It may be kinder to have him put down."

"No."

"Drago..."

"No, Rayden. I will not have him killed. He just needs time to adjust. A gentle hand will achieve his trust."

"And then what?"

Drago shrugged. "Time will tell. I believe the slave will soon come to rely on me, then when I have his trust, I will ease him into the life I have planned for him."

"You would make him a pampered pet," Rayden grinned, with sudden insight.

Drago smiled. "I believe that is what I want for him, yes. A pet to be coddled and stroked. He will not be abused at my hand."

********

Kaz came awake slowly, enjoying the warmth that surrounded him. How long had it been since he had been warm? It seemed a lifetime ago.

But now....now he slept on soft cushions instead of the hard, rocky ground. There were plenty of blankets to keep the chill out of his bones. And the man who held him, cared for his injuries instead of inflicted them.

So, what was going on in this Drago's mind? It was pretty clear he was still a slave in this camp...big change there.

But his treatment was gentle, not brutal. He was fed, what little his stomach would accept, given the fact that he'd had very little in the way of nourishment since he'd been taken into captivity.

The big man had comforted him when the dreams had come. Had held the nightmares at bay and let him sleep like he hadn't been able to since the crash.

"What's up with you, Drago?" Kaz asked himself. "When are you gonna lower the boom?"

Burrowing deeper into the blankets, Kaz allowed himself the pretence that he was home, that his father and uncle would be coming soon the drag him out of bed to begin the trip into market....

"Christ's blood, Kaz," he snapped at himself. "Are you trying to drive yourself insane. Unless you get damn lucky, you are never going to see home again. Get it through your head. No one knows you are here. And the people on this planet, do not care what happens to you."

"Kaz?"

He whirled around to find Drago standing framed in the open doorway. "Drago," he murmured, sliding farther under the blankets.

Striding across the tent to tower over Kaz, Drago smiled.

"What you want, man?" Kaz asked softly, his eyes wide with apprehension.

"Up." Drago swept the blankets away suddenly, reaching a hand out to the stunned man. "Up. Eat."

Kaz stared at the outstretched hand for a long moment, then nodding, let himself be tugged off the soft cushions. Drago's arms curled around him. Swallowing his panic, Kaz tried to push out of the bigger man's embrace. "No, man. Don't."

The arms tightened, pressing Kaz tighter into Drago's muscular form. Butterfly kisses peppered Kaz’ brow and Drago's deep, rasping voice rumbled comfortingly in his ears.

Shuddering, Kaz let the gentle foreign words ease his fear. He slumped against the man who held him, too tired to fight any longer.

~~*~~*~~

Drago gently tugged Kaz out of the tent and across the rough camp. Reaching the communal campfire, he pressed Kaz down on a log, then ladled out a serving of the same stew from the night before, holding it toward the attentive man. "Eat."

Kaz cast a quick glance around him before he took the steaming bowl.

Laughter dancing in his steady gaze, Drago nodded. "Eat, Kaz." He mimed his command.

Green eyes never left the raider’s face as Kaz lifted the spoon to his mouth and took the first bite. The highly seasoned food erupted in Kaz' empty belly, making him queasy. He set the bowl aside.

Drago scowled, pointing at the barely touched food. "Eat."

Kaz paled, shaking his head. "Can't, man." He wrapped his arms around his stomach, making a gagging sound. "Sick."

Nodding, the big man poured himself a cup of coffee, took an sip then passed the bitter beverage to Kaz.

After a moment’s hesitation, Kaz took the cup. Drago mimed taking a drink and pointed toward Kaz. "Drink." Kaz sipped a bit and grimaced against the taste, handing the cup back.

Shaking his head, Drago laughed and made the drinking gesture again.

Kaz stared grimly at the man who owned him. "What are you up to, man?' he murmured. "What are you after?"

Drago tilted his head, smiling.

"This is so weird," Kaz murmured into the cup and managed another swallow.

"Kaz, eat." Drago was suddenly before him, a hard roll in his hand.

"No, please. I can't."

Drago pressed the roll into Kaz' hand. "Eat."

Hand trembling, Kaz took the bun. His stomach twisted restlessly as he stared at the bread. He sniffed at the roll. Bland. His tongue darted out. Sweet, like vanilla, mildly so. He tried to take a small bite and his teeth rasped over the hard surface.

Tears welled in his eyes. "Funny, man. Haha." He dropped the rock hard morsel into the stew.

Drago retrieved the roll, frowning. He carefully wiped away any traces of the spiced stew and forced Kaz' face around. "Kaz, watch." He dipped the roll into the steaming coffee, softening it, then nibbled at it before handing it back to the younger man. "Eat."

Kaz duplicated his master's actions, finally managing to get a bit down.

~~~~

"How is your pet doing this morning, Drago?" Rayden asked, sauntering up to the fire and settling down on a log across from the slave.

Drago sighed, leaning back against Rayden''s leg. "He can't tolerate the food. They must have starved him."

"I expect so." He waved a hand in the slave's direction. "His ribs stick through his skin. His face is hollow enough to belong to a skeleton. How he carries off all that and still be such a beauty. Amazing."

Drago smiled up at his friend. "You lust after him, don't you?"

Rayden ran a finger over Drago's generous lower lip. "Almost as much as I lust after the Protectorate." He leaned down, claiming a tenative kiss.

The display of affection ended as suddenly as it began, interrupted by the crash Kaz' cup made against the rocky ground.

Drago turned to see Kaz staring gape-mouthed at them, a look of total confused terror on his face.

"Kaz...."

The younger man shook his head, babbling incoherently.

"Kaz...."

Covering his mouth, Kaz erupted to his feet and dashed toward the tree-line, barely breaking the campsite before his stomach spilled.

~~*~~*~~

Drago leapt to his feet as his young slave bolted. Rayden restrained him with a hand on his arm. "Let him go. He's a bit green."

"He's sick?" Drago murmured.

"You over fed the wretch, I would guess." Rayden said, spooning out a portion of the stew and settling back against the log to eat.

"He barely touched the food." Drago said, automatically accepting the spoon before his lips.

"By the looks of him its gonna take time. You'll just have to keep giving him small bits often."

Kaz slumped back down on the opposite side of the fire, staring glumly at the two lovers.

Rayden chuckled, leaning down to lick a bit of the thick rich sauce off the corner of Drago's lips. "Your slave doesn't approve of me."

Drago slanted a glance Kaz' way than curled a hand around his lover's neck, drawing him in for a hungry kiss.

Rayden responded in kind for several heartbeats before drawing back. "I don't mind being used as an example for the boy...Long as I get my share of you, Drago." he said, returning his attention to the stew.

Drago laughed outright. "No one can take your place, my dear friend."

Rayden eyed the younger men. "I am not so sure about that."

~~*~~*~~

Kaz stared at the two men in horror. If his master had a...mate, what was the reason behind his capture? Why was this man keeping him? He didn't need a fuck buddy. He apparently wasn't interested in selling Kaz' all-to-vulnerable ass, either. If he was, Kaz would have had a good pounding last night. There was no doubt in his mind that several of the camp denizens had wanted a sample.

Tears welled in his eyes and he clutched the blanket, a warm one instead of the ratty piece of cloth he'd had yesterday. That one had mysteriously disappeared sometime during the night.

A strangled sob pushed past his lips, and he slapped a hand over his mouth, trying to stifle the soft sound before it was...

Too late.

Drago's sunshine bright head turned toward him and he frowned. "Kaz...?"

Kaz dipped his head, hiding behind long curls.

A determined finger forced him to meet his master's worried eyes. Drago tilted his head and smiled. "Kaz...sick?" His hand covered his mouth and he made a retching sound. "Sick?"

The quick shake of his head turned into a nod. "Yeah, sick. Real sick. Crawl in a hole and pull the dirt in over me sick."

Drago touched a hand to Kaz' forehead and shook his head. "Rayden?"

Rayden shrugged and said something Kaz couldn't understand. But that had Drago laughing softly and Kaz found himself caught up in a swift, tight embrace.

He tried to push away, but Drago eased his head up and claimed a tentative, testing kiss. Kaz turned away from the warm lips, but his master clasped his face in gentle hands and reclaimed what was his.

Kaz moaned softly under the gentle assault, his lips opening when Drago's tongue brushed against them, letting him in. The younger man could no sooner resist the tender kiss than he could refuse air. He melted into the man who owned him, opening wide to let Drago in.

PART THREE

"Drago?" Kaz shivered as Drago's lips freed his.

The bigger man tangled his long fingers in Kaz' curls, tugging him in for a second passionate attack. Kaz' hands slid up Drago's chest, skimming his nipples as they crept up to rest on broad shoulders. Drago groaned arching into the brief caress.

"Drago?" Kaz asked once more, wonder in his voice.

"Yes." Drago smiled, guiding Kaz' hand back to his chest. Kaz glanced at Rayden, then up at Drago before he teased the hard nipple under his fingers again.

Drago's body arched, thrusting his hips suggestively into Kaz, letting the young slave know his desire.

"Oh....." Kaz rasped, leaning away from the hard thrust. "No. I can't." He tried to press out of Drago's arms, but found himself suddenly pressed between Rayden and his large master. Panic flared in his chest, speeding his breathing. "No, please."

Rayden's hands smoothed over his shoulders, gentling him with a delicate touch and soft spoken words that held no meaning.

Mesmerized by the tender caresses, Kaz relaxed into Drago once more. The two larger men exchanged several words, and then Drago swept Kaz up in his arms. Kaz sputtered a protest. Drago effectively silenced the small slave with a determined kiss.

Several quick strides found Kaz back inside the tent. Drago eased him back down his long body, settling Kaz on trembling legs. Rayden slidled up on his other side, running warm hands over trembling arms.

Drago's hands sought the knot securing the blanket to Kaz' shoulders.

Kaz quivered. Doe-eyes sought Drago's. "Please, no...."

Drago smiled into the frightened eyes. "Easy, Kaz," he whispered, leaning over to nuzzle the younger man's pale throat.

Kaz whimpered, trembling under the sensual assualt.

Drago unknotted the top knot, easing the blanket off Kaz' shoulders. the young man blanched. Drago cupped his cheek, pressing his head up with a thumb under his chin. He claimed the pale lips with a slow, tentitive kiss.

Kaz's lips parted, panting softly. "Master...Drago..."

Drago deepened the kiss slowly, his touch gentle, his growing demands restrained.

Meanwhile, Rayden prepared a basin and brought it to the bedside. Stepping close, he claimed his own kiss from the bigger man and let his hands smooth over Drago's thick chest. Drago leaned into the familiar, affectionate caress hungrily, returning Rayden's passion kiss and caress for demanding kiss and caress.

~~*~~*~~

A frustrated whimper drew Drago out of the seductive kiss. His amused glance tracked back to the smaller of the men. "So sweet, Kaz," he murmured dropping a quick kiss on the younger man's nose.

"He is a lovely piece," Rayden whispered, nuzzling Drago's neck. "Not as beautiful as you, though."

Drago laughed softly. "This from the man who tried to buy my slave out from under me."

Rayden made an indigant snort. "Only because I thought he would be an absolute delight under me."

Chuckling, Drago undid the second knot on Kaz' blanket. The younger man grasped the edges of the blanket. Drago caught the man's hands and gently disengaged them from the cloth. "Easy, Kaz. Easy."

Kaz looked up and got trapped in Drago's captivating gaze. Drago reached a hand to cup his washed-out cheek. Kaz flinched away.

"No one is going to hurt you, Kaz," Drago said. The fear and confusion in Kaz' eyes let him know he was not understood. He smiled and bestowed another gentling kiss on the young man's lips, feeling the tension in his body rise, peak, then reverse as Kaz relaxed ever so slightly in his arms.

"Yes, Kaz." Drago cupped his face in gentle hands, claiming yet another kiss. "We want you, Kaz." His hands traced down Kaz' lean body coming to rest on his hips, bringing the man full against him.

Kaz flinched as Drago's full cock pressed against him. He shook his head, babbling a steady "Nononononono." and tried to move away.

"Rayden...." Drago said, and hooked an arm around his lover, pulling him close. The embrace effectively trapped Kaz between them.

Rayden traced Drago's jawline with his tongue. "We must attend to his back."

Drago nodded once, curtly. "If he resists, restrain him. Gently. I will not have him harmed."

Something in their tone had Kaz's gaze flicking between them. Fear flushed color back into his face and he struggled to break free of the two who held him.

"Kaz. No." Drago snapped, igniting even more fear in the younger man. "Rayden, hold him."

Rayden grasped the terrified slave's upper arms. Drago caught Kaz' face in his hands and stared deeply into the frightened eyes. "Trust me, Kaz." he murmured softly, reaching for the last knotted tie.

"No...." Kaz screamed, bucking madly in Rayden's captive grasp. Tears full of fear and pain brimmed then coursed down his flushed face.

"Hold him." Drago commanded and finished the last knots, flinging the blanket down. He pointed toward the cushions. "On the bed. Gentle now. He's scared enough."

Rayden eased Kaz down on his belly. Kaz thrashed under him, trying to dislodge the man sitting on his thighes. His cries of protest rose, roughening his voice.

"Don't let him damage himself." Drago snapped, dipping two fingers into the basin and scooping out a glob of healing gel. He pressed up against his slave, letting him feel his weight on his back. "Trust me, Kaz," he cooed. "Yes, Like that, Kaz. Just like that. Be easy."

Kaz turned his head, straining to see what woud be done to him next. His tight drawn features spasmed as he saw the gel in Drago's hands. "No. Drago, no."

"Easy. It's all right, Kaz." He traced the first mending slash with his tongue and kisses.

Kaz stiffened, then relaxed as Drago massaged the the cool gel into his wound and the pain dulled. Drago repeated his tender treatment on the second lash mark, massaging tense muscles to a state of relaxation while Rayden stroked the young man's curls and rubbed his temples between gentle kisses along his jawline and throat.

Drago continued the strong massage, moving past the injuries down to firm butthocks. Kaz purred softly, raising his hips to the tender caresses.

"Yes, Kaz," Drago murmured. "So good. So sweet." He bent to nip at one full globe, running his tongue over the fleshy cheek. "Mine, Kaz. Now and forever."

Rayden cast him a smiling glance before reaching under the up-raised hips to find a full blown cock twitching for attention. "He's enjoying the game, my love." a wider smile. "Doesn't want to, but he is."

Drago's rumbling chuckle vibrated against Kaz' hip as he leaned over to scoop up some more gel.

Kaz stilled as Drago parted his cheeks. "Drago...."

Drago leaned over his slave, running his tongue over the firm globes, dipping into the musky flavored cleft, moving closer ever closer to the forbidden entrance of his young body.

"Drago....no..." Kaz whimpered, pressing back into the bigger man's caresses. "Please, no....Ahhhh..."

Drago parted Kaz' cheeks and swirled his tongue around and into his slave's waiting body.

Rayden chuckled as Kaz bucked into the tender assualt, denying what his body demanded. "He wants you, Drago. But he doesn't want to. You must master him now. Let him know what is expected."

"Prepare me." Drago panted, then began doing the same with his slave's body, easing a finger coated with the cooling gel into the tongue fucked hole. Another finger soon joined, coating the slave's inner channel even more, and finally a third.

Meanwhile, Rayden stripped Drago and coated his silken cock with more to the gel.

Satisfied that Kaz was ready, Drago heaved himself over bringing the smaller man with him and positioning the him over his weeping flesh. Kaz' passion drugged gaze widened at the first nudge and he tried to shrug out of the demanding embrace. Drago gripped the younger man's hips firmly and pressed up and inside.

A look of total shock spasmed across the young man's face as he settled against his master's groin. Drago held him there while his body adjusted to the strong hard flesh inside him. Kaz stared into Drago's passion flamed eyes for a long moment. Drago shifted them apart and back, trapping Kaz in the dance. A second thrust and Kaz cried out in a completely different way, a cry filled with astonished pleasure as Drago's heated cock brushed against his prostate.

His amazed gaze sought his master's once more and Drago smiled. "Good, yes?"

Kaz nodded, unable to find his voice as his master thrust again and his body caught the pattern of the dance and began to move in search of his own pleasure.

"Rayden, attend him." Drago rasped and, eager to please, the tribal cheiftain swallowed Kaz' hard cock in one gulp.

Kaz' screams took on a pleasured pitch and his body responded in kind following down the path his masters lead. His hand desperately searched the man who held him in his mouth, finding and grasping the hard flesh that sprang from loosened trousers, stroking the silken flesh in the same tempo that the larger men were leading him.

Somewhere between a heartbeat and eternity, Kaz was hurled into ectasy. His orgasm pushed Drago over the edge and Rayden joined them as hot cum splattered over his chest.

Kaz melted down over his master's body like heated honey. The big man wrapped his arm possessively around the sated man and kissed him. Rayden eased down beside them and oined in the tender kisses, until the younger man's eyes closed and he drifted into sleep.

Rayden yawned, snuggling aganst his lover's. "He is as good as he looks." A slow smile curved his lips. "Sure you don't want to sell him to me."

Drago shook his head. "Not bloody likely."

CHAPER FOUR

Rousing slowly, Kaz stretched into a warm body. He jerked away and hit another and was instantly awake. The memories rushed in a second later and he bit his lip to hold back an anguished groan.

Scalding tears flooded green eyes and he squeezed his lids tight. The salty tears slipped free, pouring down his cheeks and into his black curls.

"Kaz?" Drago's concerned voice caressed his tortured soul and he opened his eyes to be swallowed up in the tender black gaze. "Kaz hurt?"

Kaz winced away from the hand that brushed away his tears. "Don't..."

A worried frown crossed Drago's face. "Kaz..."

******

Rayden leaned up on an arm. "What's wrong, Drago?"

"It's Kaz. I think we may have hurt him." Drago said softly, his gaze never leaving the distraught man between them. He tugged the young slave's face around to him, the worry shining in his eyes. "Oh god's I wish I could make him understand. I wish... "

Rayden shook his head, crawling out of bed and into his clothes. "If you continue to coddle him, you will be the slave and he the master. Mark me well on that, Protectorate."

Drago hurled a dagger glare at his lover. "My slave will not be treated beneath a man. I will not forget he has feelings or dreams. That is my way."

"You are too soft hearted to be a slave holder, Drago." Rayden snapped on his weapons and bent to brush a kiss over Drago's unresponsive lips. "Temper won't change the fact. This one is going to walk all over you unless you get a firm grip on him. It would be a pity if you lost him through mismanagement."

Drago coiled dangerously. "Are you questioning my right to ownership?"

Rayden held his hands up before him, chuckling. "No. Not me. Never. But there are others in the tribe who would welcome a chance to steal this one away from you. It might bear some consideration. I rather like the loving this one shared with us this morning. I would greatly miss him if he was to be whisked away from you."

"No one would dare."

Rayden arched a auburn brow. "You think not?"

"I protect the tribe. If anyone...."

"Yes, you do. But you do have enemies, Drago. There are some who ride with us who want vengeance for Garak. You tend to forget that."

"Garak was an animal. He got what he deserved."

"Maybe," Rayden said. "Maybe not. Drago, Garak had friends. Powerful friends. Don't let this slave give them an edge to hurt you. I would hate to see that happen. To both of you."

Drago shot his lover a quick glance. "You old dog. You have feelings for the boy, don't you?"

Uncertainty flickered over the chieftain's rugged features for a brief moment before he pulled a face. "He does tend to grow on a man." He leaned over to ruffle Kaz' curls affectionately. "Don't lose our playmate, Drago. I would miss him greatly." he warned and in a whirl of robes was gone.

Drago stared at the rustling flap that served as an exit for a long moment, then shook his head. "I'll be damned." Turning back to the man beside him, he cupped one damp cheek tilting Kaz face his way and bestowed a gentle kiss on salty lips. "Kaz," he murmured, gazing deep into anguished eyes. "Good."

A fresh flood of tears wet Kaz' pallid features and he dove into Drago's open arms, weeping whole-heartedly against the larger man's chest.

Drago held the younger man tight to him, soothing his sobs with slow caresses up and down the quivering arms. And over time, the youth's grief dwindled to soft hiccups.

Drago rolled with Kaz enough to lean over him on one elbow. His gentle touch dried the tears staining Kaz' pale cheeks. "So much pain, my little one. What has you so upset, I wonder."

He leaned in for a kiss, but Kaz turned his face away, stiffening in his arms.

"Kaz...?"

The young man shook his head, babbling a string of desperate nos.

Drago silenced him with a finger to his lips. Kaz met his gaze, wide-eyed.

Drago frowned. The boy was afraid.

He lifted one pale hand to his lips and kissed the knuckles one at a time. "Don't be afraid, Kaz." His hands combed back the lush curls. A smile curved his lips. "So sweet, little one." He leaned down again to steal a kiss.

"No," Kaz screamed, bucking wildly under him.

Drago captured Kaz' striking hands, forcing them over his head. "Kaz, stop." The youth writhed desperately. Drago's body came down hard over the young slave, pressing him into submission. "I said stop."

Terror-widened eyes stared up into Drago's. "Wrong. This is wrong."

"Hush, Kaz," Drago hips rolled against the younger man's seductively. "It is good."

"No," Kaz sobbed. "Not good. Bad. Bad. Wrong."

Drago kept up a steady assault of quick kisses, subduing the youth with hands, lips and body until Kaz began to respond to his seductive caresses and whispered words.

In time, Kaz began to return the kisses with a desperation born of his own need. "Drago, he rasped, his own hands running over the bigger man's beautiful, muscled chest. Tears slipped down his flushed cheeks as he nuzzled his master's nipple, suckling like a newborn.

Drago arched into the hungry mouth below him. His cock surged to life.

"Gods, help me...." Kaz' hand slipped between them to enfold the demanding flesh. "I want this."

CHAPTER FIVE

Drago's black gaze followed his slave's slow progress from the creek. The boy had been quiet for over a week now. Only speaking when he was spoken to. Never doing anything that would attract eyes to him. As if he was trying to vanish in broad daylight.

And the nights were worse. He would crawl into a dark corner as soon as his duties were finished, cross his arms over his drawn up knees and pretend to fall asleep sitting up.

The ruse didn't fool Drago. And it didn't win Kaz anything either.

Each night Drago would wait until Kaz was starting to drowse in earnest and then would coax the boy into his bed. With exhaustion blunting the edge of his fear, Kaz would allow himself to be tucked into Drago's arms. He would accept the sweet nibbles and kisses without any more protest than a resigned groan.

But his screams rent the air when Drago pressed for more. Until the bigger man could ease the guilts and stoke the passions that lie buried under the thin veneer.

What bothered Drago more than anything, was that he absolutely knew, no doubt in his mind, that the youth enjoyed their passion. Once he succumbed to his own hunger he was a active and attentive lover. So why the fight? Why not take what he wanted as much as his master did?

"The boy getting the better of you, yet?"

Drago glowered at his friend. "Go soak your head, Rayden."

"I heard a story once a long time ago."

Drago slanted a venomous glare at his lover.

Rayden ignored the hostility flung in his direction and hunkered down, pouring himself a cup of the hot coffee. "Seems that not all people have the same idea of right and worng."

Drago's scowl deepened.

"Some men don't lay with their own gender."

"That's a stupid fable," Drago grumbled, watching as one of the men intercepted Kaz's path across the camp.

"I don't think so," Rayden said. "On some worlds it is only permitted for a man to love a woman."

Drago pulled his gaze from Kaz and trned to Rayden. "Why are you telling me this?"

Rayden sipped the hot brew in his hand.

"Dammit, speak."

"I think your slave is caught in the dilemma of wanting you but...." Rayden shrugged.

"Do you know what you are saying?"

Rayden arched a brow. "Do you?"

Across the camp, Kaz cried out, reeling under a heavy hand.

Drago took the attacker down in the blink of an eye. His fists plummeled the other man blindly. His furious growls of rage filled the air as sharp teeth dove for the other man's jugular.

But never found the soft flesh.

Several hands dragged Drago off the fool who had dared raise a hand to the younger man. Several more strong arms joined the struggle as Drago roared his rage to the heavens.

And one small voice, speaking his name, calmed him.

Drago's fury clouded eyes fell on his slave and the rage went out of him.

The men holding him released him and he held his arms open to Kaz. Kaz flew to his master, his tears wetting the larger man's tunic as Drago hugged him close.

Drago eased his embrace, tipping Kaz' pale face up. His finger feathered over the cut lip. "You are....all right?"

Kaz nodded through his tears.

Drago nibbled the uninjured corner of Kaz' mouth. Kaz turned the kiss into something deeper, opening under his master. Drago accepted the gesture, his tongue exploring the familiar tastes and textures that were Kaz. And the not so familiar flavor of the young slave's blood

Kaz whimpered a primative need, pressing intimately against he man who held him. Drago's hands tugged his lover's hips tighter against his own for a brief moment, then turned to Rayden.

"I claim the rights of honor for my slave."

"Drago," Rayden spoke softly. "Be careful what you do here."

"Frey laid violent hands on what is mine." Drago snarled, eyes the man who had struck Kaz with flashing eyes. "It is my right."

"For a slave?"

Drago's hard glare shot daggers. "For Kaz."

"He is a slave."

"He is my bondmate."

A collective gasp went up among the gathered men. Rayden laid a hand on his arm. "You know what you are saying?"

Drago gazed tenderly down on the man in his arms. The man who stared in confusion and growing fear back at him. "I know."

CHAPTER 6

"You can't be serious," Rayden tried for what seemed like the millionth time. "Drago, be sensible. You're going to make yourself....and the tribe a laughing stock."

Drago smoothed the cleaning cloth over his sabre and stared into the fire, refusing to acknowledge the man prowling back and forth in front of him.

"Listen to me, Drago...."

"Stop, Rayden," Drago cast the cloth aside and running his thumb over the blade, testing its edge. "You are not going to change the course of life I've decided on. Kaz holds my heart. He may as well hold my name. What difference can it make?"

"What difference...? Drago, consider your position in the tribe man. You are second in command. The protector of all of us. If the warriors think a mere slave has influenced your thinking to the point of ....of....this..." He waved his hands kinetically in the air. "Drago, a slave....?"

Kaz is much more than a mere slave, Rayden." Drago’s glance traced toward the slave hunched in the shadows. "He is...the other part of my soul. The breath in my lungs. The beat in my heart." His hard gaze settled on the other man. "Bond him to me, or I’ll find someone who will."

 

 

THE END....OR NOT????

How does Kaz react to his "sinful" desires?
Can Drago ease him into acceptance?
Does he even care?
Will someone try to steal the young slave away?

You tell me......