Title: SHADOWS OF THE NIGHT

Author/pseudonym: PEJA

Fandom: DARK SHADOWS

Pairing: Barnabus/Quenton

Rating: R

Status: Complete...well, you know if you ask for more I might be convinced....

Archive: The WWOMB and PEJA's Ravings (Anyone else wants it, ask so I know where it's going)

E-mail address for feedback: daltonavon@yahoo.com

Series/Sequel: you tell me

Other websites: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

Disclaimers: Quenton and Barnabus do NOT belong to me in a physichal sense...but in spirit, well the laws don't apply to the mind do they

Notes: this one has nothing more slash that a wonderous kiss

Summary: Sometimes love conquors even time

Warnings: None, this is pure bliss...in a goth way


SHADOWS OF THE NIGHT

By PEJA

Shadows of the night, calling you to me
Shadows of the night, calling you to me

Quenton Collins stood in the concealing shadows cast by the surrounding woods, watching alwasy watching and waiting.

In the old house, a figure appeared at the window, haloed by the flickering light.

Barnabus?

Was he here? More importantly, did he know what Quenton had set in motion?

Could he hear the shadows calling him. The same way they called to Quentin.

Quenton's thoughts carried him several steps toward the old house before he realized what he was doing. It had been so long. Too damn long.

But the waiting was far from over. Barnabus would never accept him showing up at the house again. Would never believe that the dead could rise and walk through the help of the children.

And he would never accept that Quenton's revenge was anything less than wrong. He'd burned way too many bridges when he'd set the children againt the family. Had known what he was doing even as he set the plan in motion.

He just couldn't not do what he had done

Banabus' POV

He's in my thoughts again.

It happens more and more now. Almost like he's nearby. Close enough to touch. To smell...To...love...

No, that is not the way. That is not a safe area.

Quenton threw away what we could have had. He did not love me enough

Barnabus moved to the window, staring into the darkness. Dark eyes roamed without direciton, searching for what he would not admit. "Why did you abandon me, Quenton?" he asked the silent night. "Didn't I love you enough? Wasn't I strong enough to hold your wandering eye?"

His restless glance caught a slow movement in the woods. A figure, like a ghost out of a dream slid into view.

"Quenton?"

Barnabus back-peddled. Surely he could not see the beloved illusion that stood cloaked in the midnight shadows.

His cape whirled around him as he bolted from the room....the house and took wing, his eyes fixed on the dejected figure standing quietly in the fringes.

A quick circuitous flight brought him up behind the marage. A thought and he morphed back to human state. A touch and Quenton spun around, eyes wide with horror. Arms spread. The fear drowned under waves of joy.

"Barnabus?"

Quenton fell into his arms.

Barnabus' lips crashed down on warm open lips. His tongue darted, delving the depths of his lover's mouth, tasting the exotic flavor of the man who was more than life to him.

Quenton groaned, melting into his powerful embrace.

Barnabus swirled his black cape around them and took flight. His lover was home.

=30=