Love Me, Love Me Not

by Peja

daltonavon@yahoo.com

Fandom: Charmed

Pairing: Leo/Cole, preslash

Guest shot: Cupid (you remember him, the nymphy type that hate was trying to kill)

Rating: G

Summary: Cupid has a chat with the newest elder



Love Me, Love Me Not
by PEJA


"No," Leo whirled away from the other man. "I can't agree to this. I won't"

"He needs you."

"Yeah, right." Leo stomped to the pool of visions and stared into the rippling water, seeing his wife and son.

"They have left you behind, Elder." Cupid said softly at Leo's elbow. "You need to step away as well. Rescuing him will set you on the right path."

"But him?" Leo shook his head. "I...Cupid, this is a stupid idea."

"He needs you."

Leo crossed the room and slumped onto a cushioned lounger, dropping his face into his hands.

"You agree."

"How?" Leo raised his tear-streaked face to Cupid. "How can I accept this?"

Cupid was at his side instantly, going down on his knee and taking Leo's hands in his own. "Love, Elder." he said firmly. "You can do it because you love him. I can sense it," He laid a hand over Leo's heart. "Here."

A vision of passon darkened, flashing eyes and mused chestnut hair tickled at Leo's mind's eye.

And inside Leo's chest something ice-crusted melted like quicksilver, washing away the doubts.

Cupid's smile warmed. "You agree?"

Nodding, Leo rose, took Cupid's hand, and together they orbed toward Leo's future.


END