"Jim. Rafe," Simon growled from his office door. "My office. Now"

The two detectives traded weary glances, then together rose and swaggered across the bullpen, into Simon’s office.

"Sit." Simon snapped, not letting either man take the advantage as he shut the door. He crossed the room quickly. "Coffee?" He asked, not waiting for them to answer before he shoved the steaming brew into their hands.

"Okay, what world destroying emergency are we about to face this time?" Jim asked sprawling back in his chair and sipping the dark liquid.

"It appears my partner’s suppositions are correct," a masculine voice purred in the shadows. "He has lost all of it?" The man attached to the voice stepped into view and circled around the desk making himself at home in Simon’s chair.

"That’s what I told you." Simon huffed

Realizing he was the topic of conversation, Jim narrowed his eyes and took a moment to study the tall young man across the desk from him.

The man grinned crookedly back at him and leaned back in the chair, resting his arms on the rests.

But there was nothing submissive in the posturing. Somehow Jim knew this man could be on his throat before he could blink an eye, and would if he felt the whim.