TITLE: INTERVENTION

AUTHOR: PEJA

FANDOM: The Sentinel

Rating: NC-17

Pairings: Blair/m

Warnings: RAPE/TORTURE/Blair ooowies that make Jim Oooowies

Summary: The MCU rescue their luckless little buddy

EMAIL: daltonavon@yahoo.com

FEEDBACK: I don't write without it. Feed the monster.

WEBSITE: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/peja/

ARCHIVE: The WWOMB. If anyone else wants it, ask.

*****************
INTERVENTION

by PEJA
*****************

Jim glanced around at the men around him, then locked eyes with Simon. One brow lifted and the Captain nodded. Jim slammed his fist against the door with enough force to have it vibrating on its hinges. "Cascade police. Open up. We have a warrant."

The words were barely out of his mouth when two uniformed cops crashed in the door with the batter and the squad stampeded through the cabin. Shouts of, "Go. Go. Go...". meant to get the pump running through them, but which oftentimes also had the added benefit of terrifying the suspects, filled the air as the cops darted from room to room on a mission of search and rescue.

One of the first through the shattered door, Jim chose a room farthest from the crumbled door and, his back pressed tight to the wall, tried the knob. Locked. He whirled and his foot hit with all the power of a sentinel in full protector mode sending the door right off its hinges and thundering to the floor.

Once more, concealed behind the wall, Jim gave a quick count of one, two and spun around the corner and into the room, gun high but at the ready, and froze.

His horrified gaze widened, absorbing the nightmare enacted before him.

The man they'd come to rescue was secured by a length of chain hung from a series of hooks in the ceiling. His arms were cuffed with standard issue cuffs. The chain had been threaded through the cuff loop and pulled tight, leaving him dangling like a piece of meat in a slaughterhouse. His arms were bound again at the elbow so tightly his shoulder blades protruded and almost touched. His legs were drawn up against his chest and secured to that same chain in such a way as to expose his cock and balls.

Blood covered the pale face, pouring from a wicked gash over his left puffed, blackened eye. More blood streamed from several jagged tears in his cheeks and from a broken nose. Two gashes in the man's neck oozed in a slow trickle and joined the smears over his chest.

The once golden nipple ring hung crazily on flesh that had been nearly torn from mottled bruised skin. Blood had crusted and dried under the torn skin. His chest and legs were crisscrossed with long open, oozing gashes.

The bloodied bull whip lying in a corner told its own story

A slight shifting in the air rocked the body back and forth testifying that the man's back had not been ignored in that sadistic game.

Jim's lungs began to function again, flooding his senses with the tang of the spilled blood. And more. The stench of urine wafted from the battered man. And semen.

Jesus God, please don't let it be true. That animal couldn't have raped and pissed on him. It was too much.

"Jim," Simon's hand on his arm brought him back. "Jesus, Jim, get him down."

Jim glanced back toward the door. "Keep...Ah, Simon, keep everyone away from here. Blair....." He waved a helpless hand. "I....A blanket. I need to cover him."

"I'll get it." Simon darted out of the room, his booming voice warning everyone away from the place Blair hung. Demanding an ambulance be called immediately.

Spurred on by his need to protect the battered man, Jim took a step toward his friend and partner, intent on getting him down.

And Blair came alive. His body bucked in the chains, sending him jerking from the end of his bonds. His mouth dropped opened and he screamed.

Silently.

Jim lifted his hands imploringly. "Blair, its all right now." he said softly. "I'm gonna get you out of there. Get you to a hospital."

Wildly shaking his head, Blair writhed in his chains.

"Blair, easy now....Easy."

Blair stilled at the soft pleading, turning unfocused eyes on the detective.

Jim froze. "Blair, don't you recognize me, Chief? Its me. Jim." He took another small testing step toward the suspended man.

Panicked, Blair fought his chains, cutting deep gashes in his wrists in his desperation to escape.

Simon skidded to a halt near Jim's elbow, assessing the problem at a glance. "Don't do anything, Jim. I'll be back." He thrust the blanket at his detective and darted out the way he'd come. "Rafe. Henry. Get over here. Don't let anyone near this door until we okay it. No matter what you hear No one. Got it?"

"What's going on?" Rafe's accent sounded heavy in the air, speaking volumes of his concern.

"Blair." Simon's word hung dramatically. "Keep this room clear. The rest of you find the bastard that took him."

"Cap..." Rafe began.

"Not now." Simon was suddenly back beside Jim.

Blair's wild-eyed glance skimmed back and forth between them, watchful, but non-resisting while the cops stood their ground.

"We have to get him down." Jim murmured, holding himself in check. "But every time I try to approach him he goes crazy. I'm afraid he's gonna cut his wrists on those chains if I press it."

Simon nodded sagely. "He's got to be hurting bad."

Jim returned the nod. "His heart's going way too fast. He's scared out of his mind. Look at him, Simon. He doesn't recognize us."

"We're going to have to rush him."

"What? No way..."

Simon grabbed the blanket back and shook it out. "No choice. I'll get a hold on him. Support him while you get the chains off his legs."

"You sure you want to free him up like that while he's still fighting?"

Simon sighed. "By the looks of that rig, its the only way. Just work fast once he has his legs under him. We should have some time to free him up before the circulation gets back into them."

Jim cast an apprehensive glance toward the door.

"Rafe and Henry will keep them at bay."

Jim's blue glance caught in Simon's. "Its just....Blair....I don't want him humiliated any more than he's already been."

Simon smiled grimly. "Let's do this."

Jim's body coiled under Blair's narrowed gaze. Blair tensed, his body shifting restlessly from the mere quivering of his muscles.

Simon's lips parted, whispering sentinel soft, "Now."

Together the two men sprang. Simon wrapped the blanket over Blair before he could react to the sudden attack. Jim's fingers worked blindly at the hasps locking Blair's legs in place, releasing one leg that had been held in place for way to long.

Blair's limb fell uselessly, dangling scant inches from the floor and allowing Simon to wrap him tighter in the protective blanket.

Jim fumbled at the second hasp, swinging Blair against Simon's muscular form. Simon's arms steadied the smaller man against his chest.

And Blair went wild. His body bucked in his restraints. The freed leg swung with deadly accuracy, bending Simon over.

Breathing hard, Simon clung to the thrashing man. keeping him as still as he could.

Seconds later Blair's second leg dropped. Jim hurled the crossbar into a corner and reached up to work the hasp on the chain free. Blair's weight settled in Simon's arms and he redoubled his efforts to escape.

Jim got the chain free suddenly and Blair's full weight slumped against the big police captain. Caught unprepared, Simon lost his grip on the smaller man and Blair crashed to the floor, his blood pooling under him, saturating the blanket.

Blair writhed, in complete frenzy, unable to get his still bound arms or legs to cooperate in his bid for flight.

"God damn, Kid. Stop fighting us. We're here to save your ass not...." Simon cut himself off, turning his back to the figure flopping around on the hardwood floor. "Jesus, I can't believe what I almost said."

Fumbling fingers grasped, dropped and curled once more around a metal crossbar that had laid near him.

"Simon, look out." Jim halted Blair's swinging arms by grabbing the crossbar aimed with deadly accuracy at Simon's left temple.

Simon turned his head, staring at the metal for a long moment before he tossed Jim a grateful smile. "Thanks, Jim. Think you just may have saved my life and Blair from a manslaughter charge."

"Cap," Henry shouted into the room. "The medics are here. should I....."

"Send them in," Simon snapped. "Jim, get rid of that..." He waved a furious hand toward the heavy bar.

Jim tossed the bar into the same corner as the other, restraining Blair's thrashing limbs with one large hand wrapped around bird thin wrists.

His blue gaze, cold as death, lifted to Simon's as the gurney rolled into the room. Simon just nodded, not needing words to know what rage ate at the sentinel.

A terrible shudder raked the man lying beneath him. Simon's alert gaze darted to the nightmare ridden gaze just in time to see the fight drain out of him and the light of hope blink out.

Blair went limp and unresisting. His head turned away and vacant eyes stared at something only he could see.

Simon bite his lip, letting the medics shove him aside. He pulled Jim away from the now quiet guide.

"We'll find them, Jim." Simon said firmly. "We'll make them pay for this."

PART TWO

The next few hours passed in a flurry of activity. Blair lie stiff and unresponsive throughout the on-scene examine. Jim's worry escalated quickly riding along in the ambo. He hadn't even considered an alternative to leaving the investigation in the capable hands of Major Crimes. He was on full sentinel mode and focused on only one beaten and battered creature. His guide.

The emergency team rattled off Blair's stats as they hustled through the Emergency ward, then handed off the withdrawn man to the waiting staff who rolled Blair into Exam Room 1. Near silent doctors and nurses bustled around the gurney, treating his lacerations, making careful notes and photographing the damage done on the small body that had seen way too much abuse over the last few years. A grim faced nurse delicately removed the nipple ring and placed it in Jim's care. The dangling nipple was declared not as bad as it looked and reattached under the watchful eye of the plastic surgeon right there in the exam room.

Jim didn't miss the pitying glances that passed between the health service team. He made no comment.

"Detective," a doctor spoke softly. "You'll have to leave now. The last part of this isn't going to be pleasant."

Jim crossed his arms over his chest and braced his legs under him.

"Detective, please..."

Jim enacted the perfect imitation of a brick wall.

"You’re not going to listen to reason, are you?"

Jim's cold eyes glinted.

The doctor backed down. "Okay, fine. Just stay the hell out of our way." He turned back to his patient. "Let's get this done."

Blair remained unresponsive during the rape kit exam. He endured the probing without a whimper. He stared dry eyed up at the ceiling as samples and scrapings where taken, bagged and sealed.

When the questioning began, he turned his face to the wall, curling into himself.

"Come on, Blair," Jim tried to coax his partner around, reaching out to touch Blair's arm.

Blair cringed away, shaking his head.

Blanching, Jim backed off. "We can get these questions done later."

"Detective, I'm sure you know how important it is to get this filed as quickly as..."

"What I know is that this man is my partner," Jim snarled. "He's been through enough for now. I'll get the answers later." Something in his tone carried enough force to end the session.

Blair was bundled off the exam table onto a gurney and rolled, to the brainless babble of a ward aide, up to a room on third floor. Jim followed, ever mindful of the quiet that seemed to possess his usually hyper partner.

The aide never ceased his aimless ramblings as he settled Blair into the room. Blair watched with dead eyes as the vibrant young man opened drawers to store his effects, adjusted the head of the bed, clipped the call button next to Blair's hand, and exited in one whirlwind motion.

Jim pulled a chair close to the bedside and slouched into it. "Blair?"

Blair remained silent, staring from sightless eyes at the opposite wall.

"Blair, talk to me, Chief."

A single tear escaped Blair's lush lashes.

"Chief, we need to know who did this to you," Jim murmured.

Blair rolled on his side, his back to Jim.

"Dammit, Blair, I know you don't want to think about it. I know you don't want to talk about what he did to you. I know you want to just close your eyes and pretend this never happened...That it was just a nightmare you're going to wake up from. I know all that. But I also know that just isn't how it's going to play out. You have to tell us everything you can remember."

Blair's breath hitched in his chest.

"And you know it too." Jim continued. "You've seen enough of these sort of cases to know what comes next. Blair, you aren't helping anyone but the person who did this to you. Talk to me, Chief. Give me something to go on. Get this bastard off the streets before he does this to someone else."

Blair closed his eyes, shutting Jim out.

**********************

A hand on Jim's shoulder jerked him from the restless drowse. "Simon.."

Simon lifted a finger to his lips, nodding at a sleeping Blair. He hitched a finger urging Jim from the room.

Closing the door, Simon met Jim's ravaged gaze. "We lost him."

Jim's mouth dropped open, but Simon silenced him again. "Before you ask, I've already assigned a team to stand guard on Blair's room He's under 24 hour protection until we get this creep. What's Blair offered up on this?"

"Nothing."

Simon's dark eyes narrowed. "Nothing? What has he said?"

"Nothing."

Simon shook his head. "I don't..."

"Blair hasn't said one word since we found him, Simon. Not one word." Jim raked shaking fingers through his short hair. "He won't talk to me. He won't look at me. He's blocked everything out. Dammit, Simon, he's scaring the hell out of me."

"He's been through one hell of a lot this time, Jim. Give him time to work through what's happened."

"I know." Jim smiled a tired smile. "I said the same thing to the nurse trying to take a statement, for Christ's sake. But damn, Simon. Its killing me watching him like this. I need to be doing something. I need to...."

"Blair needs you to be here with him. You are doing the only thing you can do by being here for him."

Jim's pain darkened gaze drifted to Blair's room. "If we don't get him...."

"We will, Jim," Simon murmured. "Blair is important to all of us. He's one of us."

A shark's smile ghosted Jim's pale lips. "Someone didn't think so."

Simon's gaze narrowed on his top detective. "What are you thinking, Jim?"

Jim shrugged. "Probably something stupid. Everybody loves Blair, right? He's helped out every division in one way or another. He's been a Godsend to everyone he meets, right? Both at the station and Rainier."

"Jim, I don't like the sound of this."

"Simon, he doesn't make enemies. Doesn't fit the profile of a victim." Jim gave a snorting laugh. "Although he sure as hell becomes one often enough since he started hanging with me." His gaze shifted back to his captain. "Simon, what if the guy that did this was a cop?"

Simon opened his mouth the jeer at the very idea, then tilted his head. "You have some good reason to believe this?

"Good reason?" Jim laughed dryly. "Hell, no. Only thing I'm certain of is that this was a deliberate hate crime. He wasn't a random victim."

"You know this because...."

"I observed the exam, Simon. The man who did this hated Blair. Hated him bad. The bite marks. The deliberate attack of his genitals, his chest. Simon, I don't think that psycho was done with Blair. I think he would have killed him if we hadn't stopped him." He shuddered. "And I think he'll try again."

Simon clamped his teeth around his unlit cigar. And nodded his agreement.

END PART ONE