I Saw what You did last Night

by PEJA

daltonavon@yahoo.com

Fandom: It Takes A Thief

Pairing: Alexander Munday/Noah Bain

Rating: R

Summary: Alex is busted


I Saw what You did last Night
by PEJA


Alexander Munday's legs moved restlessly on the black silk sheets as he shook the sleep from his fuzzy mind. A soft moan of protest wafted on the air and he swung a limp hand toward the screeching alarm, batting the offending clock across the room with enough force to send it rebounding off the far wall, still blaring for the flick of the snooze button.

Grumbling, his vision blurred by the lack of sleep, Munday roll-crawled off the bed and onto the floor, creeping on his hands and knees over to the ear shattering clock. Prying one sleep glued eye open he slapped the clock into silence, then too tired to care, he slumped down into the carpeted floor, resting his mussed head on a curved arm.

Closing his eyes with a soft woof, he was asleep in seconds.

*
Noah Bain used his key to enter Munday's lavish apartment, taking care to shut down the bugs and observation equipment as he went. He needed to talk to his captive operative, and he didn't want anyone hearing what they needed to discuss. Not this time.

Knowing the apartment like it were his own, Noah glided silently across the living room and slipped inside Munday's drape darkened bedroom. He moved through the room on silent feet, something you learned quickly when dealing with the Romeo he'd come to see. You had to move quiet and swift if you were going to keep a step ahead of this man. He was too damn cunning for anything else.

Side-stepping his exhausted agent, Noah ghosted over to the bed and rifled through the bedding, finding what he was looking for with the certainty of a man who know where to look.

Straightening with the framed picture in his hand, he resisted the urging of his curiosity and kept the photo face down. He didn't want to know who had captured this man's heart to the point that he'd stopped his hound-dogging around. To the point that he laid into the wee hours unable to get the sleep he desperately needed to keep himself alive.

Noah only wanted to put an end to the man's dangerous trend toward sloppiness that would get him dead.

Clearing his throat, he growled, "Munday."

The lump on the floor made a negative protest, his body shifting restlessly for a comfortable spot.

"Munday, wake up."

Groggily, Alexander managed to open on eye. "Noah?"

Noah strode across the room, grasping Munday's arm and compelling him to find his feet.

"Wha...?" Alexander mumbled, shaking the cotton from his mind. He turned a more alert gaze on his boss. "What's wrong, Noah?"

"I saw," Noah waved the framed picture under Alexander's nose, his lip curling. "I saw what you did last night."

The color washing from his face, Munday stammered that he could explain but Noah was hearing none of it, propelling his captive agent toward the bathroom, making him face himself in the mirror.

"Look at yourself," he snarled. "You've lost your edge, Munday. You're operating on half a brain cell."

"I..." Munday sighed, not able to deny the exhaustion painted over his features. He hung his head. "Sorry."

"It's got to stop, Munday." Noah said, his voice sharper than he would have wished, more revealing than he wanted. "You need to take this matter to hand."

"I...do?" Munday asked, his eyes wide and wondering. "wha...What do you think I should do?"

"Your heart is engaged?"

"Oh, yeah," Munday whispered.

That whispered confession stopped Noah's breath in his lungs. He was cutting his heart out and trampling it with each word. Why couldn't the person who this lovely man had fallen for have been him? Why...Ah, who was he fooling, Munday had flocks of women at his beck and call. Why would he even look at a middle-aged balding man. A short, middle-aged, balding man, at that.

"I can't eat," Munday said, not realizing Noah was burning in his own private hell. "Can't sleep. I want....but...Noah, I'm scared to death of rejection. Funny huh? Me the original Don Juan and I can't find the courage to tell...."

"So don't tell, show." Noah snapped. "Just reach out and grab what you want."

"You think?"

Noah closed his eyes, blotting out the excited twinkle in his agent's eyes. "Before you get yourself killed," he said nodding. "Your country needs...."

Noah's words ended as Alexander swooped him up in a tight embrace and laid a passionate kiss on him. He stood still under the kiss for a heart-stopping second, then opened his lips to the younger man, his arms snaking up to return the desperate embrace.

They only broke apart when the need for air forced them, and as Noah meet his soon to be lover's eyes Alexander traced his passion bruised lips. "I love you, Noah."

"It's me?" Noah managed. "You've been...over me?"

"Only you," Alex confirmed. "Always you."

A reckless smile curved Noah's lips and he took Alexander's hand leading him to the bed. "Sleep," he commanded, crawling into bed and wrapping the younger man in his arms. "I'll be here when you wake up."

Munday stole another kiss, then settled down into his lover's arms, his body relaxing into the first honest sleep he'd had since he'd discovered that even a Romeo could fall in love

END