Title: Painted Ponies, Candy Apple Town

Peja

Fandom:

Pairing

Rating: NC-17

Summary: He wasn’t looking....

 

He wasn’t looking for anything much as he roared into the sleepy Maybury little burg in the middle of the southlands. Just a place to find a little relaxation. Recharge the batteries before he hit the hardtop again.

As was his practice, he veered off the main tourist strip and headed deeper into the town, finding a cozy little mom and pop place without too much effort and coasted his Harley into an empty space. He tugged off the black helmet and blinked against the sudden brightness, his hand darting for the mirrored sunglasses in his jacket pocket.

A half smile tugged at his lips as he slid them on, and let his protected glance slid over the cafe, counting out the four souls gathered at one table in front of the plate glass window. A waitress bearing a coffee pot hovered into view offering refills, which were accepted with camaraderie grins, a bit of laughter and a casual tush feel that she playfully batted away, before drifting off to another table out of his range.

Swinging his leg over, he found his feet and padded into the cafe, pausing again just inside the door to recon the inside completely. Two other tables of townsfolk lazing out another hot one in the company of their neighbors. The cook appeared at the cut out counter that separated the kitchens from the cafe, sliding four plates of steaming food on to the surface and slapping the tiny metal bell with a bored "Order up."

Smiling to himself the newcomer sauntered across the open floor and slipped into a booth, sliding across the red vinyl and wedging his tired body between cushioned back and the wall.

The waitress was there in under a minute, bearing an iced water and a green backed menu that someone had printed out by hand before slipping into a plastic cover.

"Coffee or a soda, for ya?"

"The coffee fresh?"

She chuckled softly. "Fresh and thick."

"Yeah, sounds good." He glanced at the menu even as he said. "And a burger, fries."

She smiled a plastic smile and headed for the order station, returning in under a minute bearing the coffee and a handful of packaged powered cream and sugar. She pulled a spoon from her apron pocket and was gone, leaving him to observe the homebodies over the rim of his cup.