TITLE: 101 POSITIONS IN 20 MINUTES, REBORN

AUTHOR: PEJA

FANDOM: ALIAS SMITH AND JONES & POLTERGIEST, THE LEGACY

RATING: PG-13

PAIRING: HEYES/CURRY AND DEREK/NICK

SUMMARY: The book carries a curse.

AUTHORS EMAIL: daltonavon@yahoo.com

AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

AUTHOR'S NOTE: the first part of this series can be found on the above site in the ALIAS SMITH AND JONES INDEX
*******

101 POSITIONS IN 20 MINUTES
REBORN

By
PEJA

"What do you have there, Derek?" Nick asked, slumping down in the overstuffed chair next to his lover's and craned over the arm to look at the crumbling, illustrated papers in Derek's hand.

"What, Oh, just something that the Boston house sent over." Derek said. "A bit of trivia for the library, so they claim."

"Looks like it's pretty much had it. Better candidate for the trash can."

"I would agree," Derek said leaning back. "but it would appear, the papers have a way of reappearing."

Nick chuckled. "A real bad penny, huh?"

"So I heard." Derek drawled. "I'm going to ask Alex to look into the history behind these pages tomorrow. I believe it might give her a giggle."

Nick was suddenly interested again. "Why?"

Grinning, Derek handed his lover the stack of loosely bound papers, tapping on the cover page.

Nick's jaw dropped. He flipped through several pages before looking up into the amused eyes of his lover. "101 Positions In 20 Minutes." he read aloud. "Derek, this is a gay sex guide."

Derek nodded. "I surmissed as much."

"And you're going to ask Alex to research it's history?"

"Do you have any better suggestions. She's a hell of a researcher. If there's anything available on this manuscript, she'll find it."

Nick shrugged. "Okay." He looked at the papers in his hand, then tilted a lop-sided grin toward Derek. "It's ok if we take this up to bed with us, isn't it?"

"Need some inspiration?"

"Nope," he denied. "Just want to look at the pictures." He finished with a leering twitch of his brow.

Laughing, Derek nodded. "Bring it along."

*******

"Kid? Hey, Kid, where's the damn book?"

Curry looked around the dark bedroom and frowned. "I got a better question," he said. "Where the hell are we?"

Heyes cast a curious glance around the lavishly furnished bedroom and grinned. "Somewhere way better than we were last night. Will you look at that bed."

"Will you look what's in that bed." Curry said.

Heyes moved closer, letting the moonlight grace the two sleeping men in it's midnight glow. "Whoa, ain't they the pretty ones?" he said, stroking the hair back off Derek's forehead.

Derek stirred restlessly.

"Heyes, don't wake them." Curry snapped.

"As if I could," Heyes grumbled. "They can't feel us, Kid. Remember? We're dead. Dead as doornails and not able to go home...all because of that damn book." He looked around the room again. "And where the hell is it anyway? We're never gonna break this curse without the book."

Derek mumbled incoherently, easing out of sleep.

"Shush, Heyes. he's waking up."

Heyes cast his partner a yeah-and-so-what-look. "Sure, you think he can hear us or what, Kid?" He plopped down on the feather soft bed, giving a couple hops for good measure. "See, nothing. We don't exist to...."

"What are you doing in my bed?" Derek demanded, propping himself up on his elbows and glaring at the strangely dressed man bouncing on his side of the bed.

Heyes yelped, jerking to his feet. He whirled pointing at the frowning man. "What the...Do you hear this? That guy...he...he sees us. How the hell...."

"Heyes, this is not a good thing." Curry drawled.

Derek's glance swung toward Curry and he frowned. "What? Did I fall asleep and wake up on Halloween? Why are you two dressed so outlandishly."

Heyes smacked his hands against his jeans. "This was all the style in the 1800s. How come you can see us?"

"Yeah," Curry seconded. "And where is our book? Not nice to steal from a couple of outlaws trying to go straight."

Derek looked even more confused. "1800s? Outlaws? What book are you talking about?"

"There it is," Heyes said, spying the pages under Nick's hand. He lunged for them at the same time Derek figured out what the two intruders were after and snatched the pages away. Heyes belly flopped on Nick and found himself trapped in two steel bands of flesh.

Nick looked into the gorgeous brown eyes of his assailant and grinned. "Look what followed me home, Derek. Can I keep him?"

"Let Hannible go," Curry demanded in a voice that drew Nick and Derek's attention. The gun in the blonde's hand was enough to get his partner released.

"Now why'd you have ta go and do that. What's this gonna do to our pardon?" Heyes demanded, scrambling to his feet.

"Pardon?" Curry scowled "You're the one who keeps telling me to put the living behind us. Dead men don't need pardons. What the law gonna do, hang a dead man?"

"That's real cute, Kid." Heyes grumbled. "Put the gun away. Phantom bullets don't get the job done, either."

Curry did a remarkable impression of a blush for a dead man, reholstering his six-gun. "Just get the book and lets find us a nice quiet corner to get the job done."

Nick scooted up in the bed, resting his back against the cool wood surface. "You want that old manuscipt? What's so important about it anyway?"

"What's so important?"Heyes sputtered. "You hear that, Kid? Poster boy for lay-me-tonight wants to know what's so important about the book."

"Will you just get the damn book and lets get out of here."

Heyes shrugged holding out his hand to Derek. "Gimme."

Derek shook his head. "I don't think so."

"It belongs to us, stranger." Curry snapped. "We need it if we want to get past this level."

"What does this book have to do with it?" Derek wanted to know.

"Your just full of questions, ain't ya?" Curry snapped, casting Heyes a shut-your-fool-mouth look. "It ain't none of your concern why we need the book. It belongs to us. We want it. So give over, dammit."

Derek shook his head. "Might have been yours while you were alive, but I am afraid it now belongs to Nick and me."

"Yeah, and I want to give it a try," Nick put forth enthusiastically.

"NO." Heyes and Curry shouted in unison. "Don't even say that. Not ever." Heyes added.

"Why should we listen to you?" Nick asked, taking the pages from Derek and flipping through them for good measure.

Heyes and Curry both took a step away the lovely man, their hands splayed before them protectively. "Don't do that. Don't look at the cursed thing." Curry whispered harshly.

Suddenly apprehensive, Derek took the pages back from his lover and settled it down in his lap, tapping the cover page. "You died as a direct result of this book, didn't you?"

"No," Curry snapped

"Yes," Heyes admitted at the same time. "Kid, we got a resonsibility here. If we don't warn them....."

"And let the whole world know we were....." Curry bite the rest off.

"Lovers, Kid. We were lovers. Whose gonna care now?"

"You want to have it recorded that the infamous Heyes and Curry were gay? Erp and Holiday would come gunning for us all over again."

"You're ashamed of loving me." Heyes said softly.

"No. Ah, Heyes, I am not ashamed of what we have. I swear it

"Then say it. Tell the world you love me." Heyes demanded.

"Heyes...."

"Yeah, I didn't think you could do it," Heyes muttered. "I can't believe I didn't see it. I can't believe I didn't realize I was an embarressment to you."

"Dammit, Hannible, I do love you. I do. I can't wait for the night to come so I can spread you out under me and fuck the life out of you." He paused. "It's just that bok has me so damn tied up. I don't want to fuck according to the book. I want to make love to you. Slow love. Good love."

Heye turned back to his lover. "Really?"

"Yeah, Heyes. Really."

A wide smile broke across Heyes' lean features. "Me too." He launched himself into Curry's arms, lying a slow hungry kiss on the other man.

"Huh, guys," Nick said softly. "Guys?"

The phantom outlaws came up for air. "Yeah?" Curry asked.

"I think you broke the curse," Nick told them.

Derek lifted a fisted hand then tipped it, dribbling ash back into the pile in his lap. "I do believe you are right, Nick."

"But how?" Heyes asked.

Derek shrugged. "Best I can figure, when you said you wanted to make love slow, you broke the curse. Can't do 101 positions in 20 minutes slow."

"No," Curry said, grinning. "But you can do it good." His arms wrapped around Heyes and he smiled. "Time to go home, my love. Home to bed."

The words remained in the air even after the spirits of two wild outlaws faded.

Derek grinned. "I believe those two have the right idea."

Nick gathered his lover into his arms nuzzling his neck. "Yeah, wanna love ya." he murmured, and proceeeded to do just that

-30-