Title: What Child is This?

Author: Reya

Rating: PG-13, for childbirth

Summary: A very important young lady has an encounter worthy of the X-Files.

Warnings: Childbirth, mentions of alien/human sex

Disclaimer: I own all. Except Barney. I think I would shoot myself.


What Child is This?
by Reya


I bent over as the searing pain surged through my abdomen. What had they done to her? Just because they're a higher life form than us humans, they think they can do this to me? Just because my father happens to be in a very high place of power, they decide to do experiments on me?

I clenched my teeth in anger, swearing that if they ever came near me again… "Ahhhh!" The pain ripped through my abdomen again. And there was no way in hell they were going to get this kid away from me. If they think they can impregnate me, and then take my child, they've got another
thing coming to them. I was going to fight this with all my power. If they want their experiment so bad, they are going to have to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

"Ohhh!" The contractions were already down to five minutes apart; you'd think I'd been pregnant for more than two days. As long as Daddy was in office, I would be safe. The Secret Service would protect me. It was stupid of me to have gone off by myself in the first place. It seemed more like two years than days.

I screamed in pain. It felt like someone had shoved a searing hot knife into my stomach and they were wiggling it around. The nurse called out four minutes. Great, lovely, I'm oh so happy about this process. I will love this child. I refuse to call it a creature, because my baby will have humanity.

That thing that actually did this to me will never have visiting rights. No question about custody. I don't even care about child support, if they have all that sort of stuff where he, no it, came from.

At least Daddy doesn't think I'm crazy…well, too crazy. He was there when I got the sonogram, so he noticed the, um, strange features of my baby. He says he'll take care of me. But he can't completely protect me. Oh, no, we both have to sleep sometime, and so does the Service. I didn't see it the last time it came at me, what makes me think I'd see it if it happened again? Ah, man, now I was breathing hard out of fright, not because of the contraction coming on. At least the doctor was happy. I'm glad somebody is.

The nurse calls out three minutes. Three more minutes, and this pain could be gone, and I could be holding my baby. It would be the best Christmas ever if it were human. But I will love it no matter what, and it will be a wonderful Christmas. Maybe God is messing with my life. Could he have sent those things to make me with child to fulfill some stupid prophecy, like that priest said? Is that why it's being born on Christmas Eve? Okay, I don't believe everything, but I've seen enough movies to know that all these coincidences have to have something to do with each other. Or am I just going crazy over the stress? Is that possible, to go crazy in two days? I always considered it a gradual thing. Oh well, here comes more pain…

The nurse calls out two minutes after the contraction.

I wonder…how many limbs will it have? Is it male, female, both or…neither? Why am I thinking such thoughts about my baby? Is it the drugs? No, the drugs weren't having any physical affect, why should it affect me mentally?

I just want to go home and sing my baby Barney songs. I hate that purple dinosaur. He's not even purple, more like bright maroon-ish. Anyways, I want out of this place, with my baby. If they even try to take my baby, for any purpose, I will personally kill them. If they touch my baby after handing it to me, I will kill them.

Ever heard that myth that an enraged woman has children faster? Well, the contractions just went from two minutes to 30 seconds. The contractions quickly grew faster, my anger pulsating with every one.

Suddenly, my uterus felt like it was on fire. Let me rephrase: it felt like someone had doused it with gasoline, put all the flammable products ever made on it, and then lit it on fire. It was coming. It was coming soon.

"Push! Push!" the doctor was yelling into my ear. I growled in defiance, but pushed all the same. "Just a little more!" he yelled. And the next thing I knew it was sliding out butter. It was out and I didn't realize I was sitting up until I fell back. They cut the cord and cleaned my baby. They almost didn't hand it to me, but they did after I told them to. Sure they were reluctant about giving the first daughter an unknown creature, but they gave me my baby.

And it was the most beautiful baby ever.

END