Title: How Can He Not

Author/pseudonym: Fox Lady

Fandom: Original

Pairing: The Other/Nathan

Rating: PG? PG13? I don't know!! I hope there are no people on this list under 18!!

Status: TBC? Complete so far, but maybe I'll make it into something bigger

CRIT: none

Archive: um, I guess? It's not too good

E-mail address for feedback: ofthenight2000@yahoo.com **Feedback is GREATLY appreciated*

Series/Sequel: Is this story part of a series? -No....it may later?

Other websites:

Disclaimers: (better safe than sorry but optional):Umm...no? It's not the usual dark stuff.

Notes: Don't think so...

Summary: The other finds out more about his fellow slave, Nathan and tries to console him.

Warnings: nope


How Can He Not
By Fox Lady


"He doesn't *love* me, I just pretend he does." The other stared in disbelief at Nathan. "Masters can never love their slaves. Never believe they can."

The other kept staring, his brain still not accepting what Nathan was so calmly stating. "Do yourself a favor, don't think they can. It hurts too much." The other reached up slowly to wipe away a single tear from Nathan's smooth cheek.

"He's hurt you deeply, hasn't he?"

"Of course. But hurt is nothing new to me." The other gasped and gathered Nathan in an embracing hug.

"I'll love you," the other whispered into Nathan's ear. He nibbled on the top of his earlobe. Nathan pulled away and looked the other in the eye, tears gleaming in his expressive eyes.

"No, we can't. I can't pleasure or love anyone but my Master." The other forced himself to keep his pained look on Nathan's face.

"You can't always do what you are told! You are only human!" The other said with force behind each word.

"I try as much as I can." Nathan replied, eyes downcast.

"But WHY? You just said yourself he doesn't love you!"

"But if he starts beating me again, or worse rejecting and ignoring me, I cannot even pretend he does love me."

"My poor Nathan, I'm so sorry." The other directed his upset eyes into his lap.

Nathan waved off the honey-sweet words with a gesture of his hand. "I gotta go. Bye."

The other looked up quickly and gave Nathan a sad smile. "Take care, Nathan."

Nathan walked quietly but quickly out of the room, shutting the door with a clear click.

//HOW CAN THE MASTER NOT LOVE HIM?// The same thought rang through and through the other's mind for the rest of the night.

END