Title: GRATIFYING SAVAGERY

Author/pseudonym: Creed Cascade

Fandom: Original Fiction

Pairing: Redwald and Edmund

Rating: PG-13, No naughty sex here. m/m, m/f. Only for good open-minded adults, please. Beware m/m ahead and some scenes of violence.

Status: new, on going series

Archive: If you want it, go ahead…just let me know.

Feedback: Creed_Cascade@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: Series, Sequel (Wicked Manoeuvres)

Other websites: n/a

Disclaimers: They belong to me, I made them completely up in my head.

Notes: This is original fiction made up in my head. I love to study history and it my attempt with this series to challenge traditional notions. Everyone forgets that everyone throughout have always been human smut. This story is set in medieval Europe, I could give you all the details, but that would be pretty boring, eh? Enjoy and don't laugh to hard. Just remember I wrote this before I even heard of slash fiction.

Summary: There's a wedding celebration, but all is not as it seems.

Warnings: alternate universe, some scenes of violence



GRATIFYING SAVAGERY
Written By Creed Cascade


The blathering chatter of guests floated over the rafters of the Great Hall and melted into the sombre darkness. The predator stocked his prey into the seldom used parts of the castle. The bulk of the heavier man moved with surprising stealth as he followed his quarry. An ominous hush stumbled away with the crack of a low baritone.

"Edmund, I need to talk to you for a minute."

The prey halted. His green eyes shifting around the room before settling squarely on Redwald. The dilated green pupils washed away with a squint. Redwald moved closer and deposited his hand on Edmund's shoulder. His other hand caressed his prey's cheek. Edmund began to jerk away, but Redwald grabbed his opposite shoulder and the momentum carried both bodies against the wall. The hiss of air escaping lungs was followed by a duo of low grunts. Redwald pulled upward until they were eye to eye. Chests pressed together, both men breathed heavily. Redwald moved his face closer until their foreheads were touching.

"You shouldn't have done it Edmund," he whispered hoarsely.

"I had no choice."

"That's bullshit! You could have waited until I got home."

"Why should I have. I'm not your fucking wife!"

Redwald thumped his fist into the other man's belly in response. He watched his quarry wince with satisfaction. The hunter was unprepared when Edmund responded with a head butt. Redwald staggered backwards, dropping his quarry, while inky blackness rushed over his vision.

The hunted had turned on the hunter.

"You were always faster than me," Redwald sputtered.

Edmund moved with agility and practise, but Redwald had the advantage of strength. Strike after strike, the two soldiers melted into a blinding brawl. Edmund kicked the back of Redwald's right knee. The larger man collapsed onto the stone floor. The once prey was now an equal as he launched himself on the fallen body. The two physiques enveloped each other and somehow lips met in a violent kiss.

<><><><><><>

John the Bastard gazed in wonderment at the new bride. His eyes meandered over her supple body and he licked his lips.

"Too bad such a prize has to go to Trumwine," he muttered under his breath.

John the Bastard was engrossed in ogling Judith that didn't see the massive frame of his enemy moving toward him. The crowd parted easily as the avenger stomped towards his unwary victim. John the Bastard was concentrating on Judith's breasts when he looked up to see a
fuming Redwald.

"Redwald! You don't look very happy. I hope nothing went wrong."

"You asshole," Redwald hissed, "This is all your doing!"

"Now, now. I really don't know what you mean. How did you get that ugly looking bump on your head?" he snickered.

"Shut up you son of the king's whore! You set this entire thing up. It's not a fucking coincidence!"

With end of that statement, Redwald scooped up John the Bastard and tossed him across the room. He smashed into a few tables, toppled a row of legs and skidded to a stop face down on the crap covered floor.

Redwald grunted, laughed and then spit on the floor with satisfaction. He sat down on the nearest stool and took a long swig from the nearest ale filled cup. John the Bastard lay unconscious on the floor as the party continued around him. No one was particularly
disturbed.

On the other side of the room Edmund moved next to his new wife.

Somewhere along the line his bride had become a wife and that bothered him. Judith turned around and looked at the tattered and bruised remnants of her new husband.

"What in the hell happened to you?" she hissed, "What will the guests think if they see you looking like this?"

"They will think we started to celebrate our wedding night early."

"You're drunk!"

"No, but I wish I was."

"Tell me what happened. I don't want to be embarrassed when I hear the gossip tomorrow."

"Don't worry, no one was around."

"Thank God. But what happened? Are you hurt badly?'

"I'm fine. I just got a little too frisky with an old flame."

"Oh…I see…as long as you're not hurt then," she beamed, "Go get changed and then make sure to talk to the guests after."

"Good idea," he mumbled turning to leave.

"And Edmund…"

"…yes…"

"…you still look dashing even with bruises," she giggled with her eyes downcast.

"…ummm…whatever…"

Edmund turned and made his way through the crowd of well wishers to get to the main doorway of the Great Hall. Everyone was too drunk to notice a body on the floor, let alone an abused groom.

There was a chorus of bawdy drinking song streaming from the corner.

Edmund stopped and pivoted when he recognised a familiar voice that belted out the phase, "…and when the one you screw is married…don't worry…because there's always plenty to go around! Hey HEY!"

The singer looked him straight in the eye and winked.



END