Title: Chapter One: The Truth

Series: Emesen’s Child

Author: Jennifer Lee

Email: jesca10@attbi.com

Web: http://home.attbi.com/~jesca10/ *Fictitious*

Disclaimer: All characters are the property of the author and are not to be reproduced without express consent.

Rating: NC-17 (sexual imaging although not hard-core)

Summery: There are three sides to every story...and the truth is only one of them.

Author’s Notes: I'll go ahead and say now, that I have no idea how many chapters will be in this book. I know that I am working on ten now and I'm not even close to done. Please email me if you want to put this or any of my stories on your website. I never say no, but I like knowing which sites are supporting my writing. Thanks!



Emesen’s Child 1: The Truth
by Jennifer Lee


There are three sides to every story. Only one of them is truth. Even with the most honest of people, perception plays a large part in what people view as true or not true. The more life-altering the situation, the more varied the truth seems to get in the eyes of the participants. In this case the three sides were Sandy’s, Gabe’s, and the truth.



She Said

Sandy smiled as she entered the party. The bumping bass of the hip hop turned techno music could be heard from the street. Luckily for them, most of the fraternity and sorority houses around them were invited to the big bash at Alpha Beta. Alpha Beta was the fraternity all the guys wanted to be a part of. The fraternity was constantly noticed for all of its achievements as well as having the reputation for the best parties. Most of the members of Alpha Beta were also a part of the football team. The Academy has for a long time been known for its outstanding football team. Of which Sandy’s boyfriend, Gabe Stanley, was the star quarterback.

When Gabe and Sandy entered the frat house, Gabe slapped hands and high-fived his friends in greeting, going to the keg for a cup of beer. Sandy was collected by a group of her friends as they started complimenting her on her outfit. Sandy smiled as she smoothed her hands down the tight fitting white dress that hugged her curves and ended above the knee. It revealed her shapely legs and smooth shoulders with a design that encircled her neck, but it was tasteful. Sandy was someone who believed you didn’t need to be trashy to get attention. Next her friends complimented her on her hair, which was swept up in a twist that only let a few strategic wisps of golden strands loose. They loved her fashionable make-up and her jewelry and before the compliments had stopped Sandy had long since stop listening to them. She wasn’t stupid. She knew that most of these girls were friends because of who she was. Her money could buy her any number of friends she wanted. Sometimes, like now, she felt very lonely.

Looking around she spotted Tammy Ross and smiled. Tammy was her best friend. She was the one person Sandy trusted as a friend. She was someone who could tell Sandy off when she was angry and could build Sandy up when she wanted to. Tammy was the only person, besides Gabe who she was sure was her friend for more than the money. She waved to Tammy, after catching her eye.

“Excuse me for a minute,” she said to the girls who were now talking about something else. She moved through the crowded frat house to make her way to Tammy.

“Hey there,” she smiled, moving to stand beside her friend.

“Hey. What’s up?” Tammy smiled warmly to Sandy. “Hey did you hear about Polaris?”

Sandy smiled. She was known as one of the leading experts on Polaris. She researched everything she could about him with a passion she had for nothing else. She knew everything about him, and when he made an appearance anywhere she always heard about it.

“Yeah, of course. Huge bank heist. He not only got the hostages out but he talked the guys into giving themselves up and realized that it had to be an inside job. In no time he was able to point out the embezzler and then pursued the guy when he took off running. I guess the President of the bank was trying to get away with everything in the vaults. If Polaris hadn’t been there, he probably would have.” She smiled with pride as she finished. “I am so going to marry that boy.”

Tammy rolled her eyes as she shook her head. “You are delusional.”

“No way. Look at me. I have money, I’m beautiful, and I’m absolutely willing to do anything to be with him. He doesn’t stand a chance.” The girls laughed together for a moment.

“Well, there are other girls out there who are willing to do anything for Polaris too. Other girls that don’t have boyfriends. Like a boyfriend who’s the quarterback of the football team, for instance.” Tammy smiled.

“Gabe knows how I feel about Polaris. He’s just willing to bet I’ll never meet him. Little does he know. I always get what I want.”

“Always?” Tammy smiled as she looked out to the crowd, making Sandy’s eyes follow hers. Both eyes fell on Carl Williams at the same time.

“Who invited him?” Tammy asked sarcastically.

“No idea.” Sandy rolled her eyes and shook her head a little. Then she noticed with horror that Carl had spotted her and was heading her way. “Uh-oh.”

“Hey Sandy,” Carl said shyly as he adjusted his out-of-date clothing. They looked like they came from Goodwill, and they probably had.

“Hi Carl.” Sandy looked out over the crowd, trying to subtly hint at him to go away.

“So…uh…would you like to dance?”

Sandy’s shoulders slumped. Just as she was trying to come up with some way to get out of this without causing a scene she heard her best friend’s voice.

“Of course she would!”

Suddenly Carl took her hand and was taking her out to the dance floor as Sandy narrowed her eyes at Tammy, mentally cursing her, as Tammy laughed at her predicament.

When on the dance floor, Carl put his hands at her waist and started to rock back and forth. Sandy dutifully put her hands on his shoulders and danced with him. She felt like she was at a high school dance suddenly.

“Thanks for dancing with me, Sandy.” Carl sounded so excited.

“Uh…sure, Carl. No problem.”

She started to turn a little bit to try to catch sight of Gabe. He’d come break up the dance, if only she could find him. When she managed to turn a little, steering Carl with her, she felt the pain of his foot coming down on hers. She winced in pain as he tried to apologize.

“It’s ok, Carl, it didn’t hurt much.” She looked away, seeing if she could see Gabe, but she was unsuccessful. She feared turning Carl more, so she just stayed in one spot, moving back and forth until the song was over.

“So, how’s school going?”

She looked at Carl as if she wasn’t sure she heard him. School hadn’t actually started yet. This party was a pre-fall term party.

“Carl, school hasn’t started yet.”

“Oh good. So I haven’t just been missing my classes. I was worried.” he gave her a goofy smile as she averted her eyes to hide her look of irritation.

“No, I think you’re fine.”

“I think you’re great too, Sandy.” Sandy was sure he purposely misunderstood her.

“I meant…”

“I know what you meant, and I feel the same.” Sandy started to get an uncomfortable feeling about how this conversation was going. She decided silence was best.

“As a matter of fact, I was wondering if maybe you would like to go to the movies with me.”

Sandy gave him a dumb-founded look. “Have you forgotten about Gabe?”

“Well, not really. I mean, Gabe can go to the movies if he wants too, but usually on a date you don’t bring your friends.”

“He isn’t my friend, he’s…”

“Oh well then you don’t take your enemies to the movies either. You guys sure hang out a lot for not liking each other. Anyway, do you want to?” His fast paced gibberish made Sandy wonder if he was purposely tormenting her.

“Carl, he’s my boyfriend.”

Carl frowned. “Why is he your boyfriend when you don’t even like him, Sandy? That doesn’t make any sense? You should go out with someone you like.”

Sandy rolled her eyes. “I love him Carl.”

“Sandy,” he spoke her name as a parent would to a child when trying to explain a difficult concept to them, “if you don’t even like him, it’s doubtful you love him.”

Sandy gave a sigh of frustration. Talking to Carl was like talking to a brick wall.

“Carl, I don’t know how much plainer I can make this. I am dating Gabe. I love Gabe, and I don’t want to go to the movies with you!” Her voice betrayed her irritation.

Carl’s hands immediately dropped from her waist as he pulled away. His eyes glistened slightly with tears.

“I’m sorry.” He turned and darted through the throng of people before she could stop him. She looked down, feeling bad for making him cry.

Slowly she made her way through the people, and tried to locate Carl. Just ahead she saw him dart out the door and she sped up to keep up with him, following him to the pool where a few people were swimming.

“Carl,” she called out to him, but his pace quickened. He wiped at his eyes as he walked.

“Please stop?” she asked him as she sped up to catch him. Reaching out her hand touched his shoulder. He jerked away from her, but he did stop and turn to look at her. His face was wet with the tears that would have been there had he not wiped them away.

“What?”

“Carl, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cry.”

“You didn’t make me cry,” he sniffled, looking away. “I’m not a cry-baby Sandy.”

“I didn’t mean to say you were a cry-baby Carl, but look,” she wiped at his cheek gently, “you were crying.”

"No, I wasn’t!” his voice rose. “I’m not a cry-baby! Leave me alone.”

“Carl,” she felt bad, but she was starting to wonder why she was wasting her time on him.

“Just go.”

“Fine. Whatever.” Sandy turned and made her way back into the party. She went to the keg and got a glass of beer, choking down the bitter drink. She wasn’t much of a beer drinker, but that’s usually what was served at parties, so that’s what she drank.

“Want to dance?” she heard from behind her.

She turned to see Steve Greene smiling at her. Steve was an Alpha Beta and one of Gabe’s best friends. She smiled and nodded, making her way out to the dance floor. The slow soft music had ended and the techno began and Steve and Sandy moved easily to the beat. Years of working out, gymnastics, and cheerleading had made Sandy a very graceful person. They looked good together, and Sandy soon forgot about Carl and started to enjoy herself again. She smiled at Steve as they both danced closer to each other and moved as one. His dark black skin and brown eyes were quite a contrast to her lightly tanned skin and blue eyes, but even still they made a handsome pair on the dance floor. The natural show off in both of them made them push themselves until they were doing fancy dance moves like they had been training together for years. They smiled at each other as people started clearing the dance floor to make more room for the pair. Hands started clapping and Sandy and Steve were at the center of it all.

When the song ended the crowd applauded as Sandy and Steve took their bows and exited from the dance floor.

“Oh that was so much fun,” Sandy smiled.

“Yeah, it was. Anytime you want to leave Stanley you just remember me, babe.” He smiled teasingly. He was the epitome of a lady’s man and flirted with everyone. Sandy didn’t take him seriously even a bit and he knew it. It was all part of the game they always played.

“I’ll remember that,” she said dryly as his eyes caught another lovely lady and hers started scanning the room for Gabe.

Sandy shrugged her shoulders when she couldn’t find him and started looking for Tammy. She made her way over to a group of girls who all congratulated her on the dancing. She smiled at them.

“So what’s up?” Sandy asked politely.

“Oh we were just discussing whether or not Steve Greene was single.”

“Most definitely,” Sandy said with some authority. The girls all looked at her for the story. “Steve is a nice guy, don’t get me wrong, but he and commitment do not mix. He’s a Casanova of the worst kind, or the best kind, if that’s what you like.” She smiled and the girls all giggled. “Anyway, he never has a girlfriend for long.”

“Do you think he’d go out with me?” Sarah asked. Sarah was pretty enough. She had dark hair that was cropped just below her ears. Her lightly tan eye make-up accented her light brown eyes and her figure was small. Steve would probably sleep with her, but Sandy doubted if he’d date her.

“Sure. You should ask him,” Sandy said supportively. “Hey, has anyone seen Tammy?”

The girls shook their heads and Sandy excused herself to another group of people.

“Any of you seen Tammy?” she smiled at the group of people who were discussing who was likely to teach Psych this year. None of them had, so she moved on through the crowd asking people who might have seen her along the way. Finally she found Steve again and tapped him on the shoulder as he was talking to a very pretty sophomore who’s name escaped Sandy.

“Steve?”

He turned and smiled, slipping his arm around the girl.

“Hey Sandy, what’s up? You know Doree, right?” he indicated the pretty blonde.

“Sure, hey Doree.” Doree smiled excitedly. She didn’t usually have the chance to talk to someone as popular as Sandy Blaire or Steve Greene. Ideas of moving up in popularity danced in her head as Sandy turned her attention back to Steve.

“Steve, have you seen Gabe or Tammy?”

Steve’s smile only briefly betrayed him and he tried to smooth over the blunder with a quick shrug. But Sandy had noticed.

“Steve?” She looked at him expectedly. She wasn’t sure what was going on, but she wasn’t quite sure if he was messing with her or not. You could never tell with Steve.

“Where’s Gabe?”

“Uh, I think he went to his room.” Steve smiled coolly. He didn’t want to rat on a friend, but the truth was, Sandy was the hottest girl in school, and if Gabe was a dumb-ass and it helped him get Sandy, Steve didn’t see that it was his fault.

“Thanks, Steve.”

“Sure thing.” He went back to whispering suggestively to Doree.

Sandy smiled and waved to a few friends as she saw them and talked to those who stopped her, but she steadily made her way to the stairs. On the stairs she passed by a bunch of people who were gossiping and necking. She smiled to those that she knew, but she started to get a sick feeling in her stomach as she saw a few sympathetic smiles being thrown her way.

She made her way down the hallway to Gabe’s room, dodging the guy chasing a girl playfully through the halls. Once at his door, she thought about pressing her ear to the door but she didn’t want anyone to laugh at her. She slowly smiled and shook her head as she told herself to stop imagining things.

Opening the door took not only her smile from her lips but the breath from her lungs as she tried to process what she saw. Gabe, lying on his back on the mussed bed had his hands wrapped around the naked waist of some blonde girl who was moving her hips as she thrust herself on his face. Her moans of pleasure coursed through Sandy as she watched her boyfriend of four years eat out Tammy Ross who was sitting on his face.

She was too stunned to cry or move, or even breathe. She just stood there and watched with horror for moments before finally the world caved in on her and sounds started rushing back to her ears. She could hear people giggling as they passed behind her and people on the stairs laughing and talking amongst themselves.

“Gabe?” Her voice wavered a bit with emotion, but she couldn’t stop herself. Tammy’s moan turned into a questioning whimper as he moved her quickly off of his face and looked into Sandy’s stunned eyes. The connection of their blue eyes was all she needed before Sandy bolted from the door, leaving it open.

She ran down the stairs, pushing past anyone who got in her way. She tried to keep herself from crying until she was well away from the people around her, but she couldn’t help a few tears that escaped. People tried to approach her to find out what was wrong, but she pushed past them all, finally freeing herself of the people. The cool night air felt good on her skin, as she came from the house full of the warmth from the crowd. She wiped at her eyes and looked around for her car, forgetting momentarily that Gabe had picked her up from her apartment. She knew she could walk to her sorority, but she’d have less privacy there, and she didn’t want to see Gabe or Tammy, who was also a member of Alpha Delta Pi.

“Sandy?” She closed her eyes as she recognized Carl’s voice.

“What Carl?” She didn’t even turn to look at him.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong, Carl, I just want to be left alone.”

“Oh. I’m sorry.” He started to walk away when he heard her crying. He still almost left, knowing how it is to want to be alone, but he decided to stay. Slowly he walked to her and put a hand on her shoulder. Before he knew what was happening, Sandy turned and started crying into his chest. A stunned Carl wrapped his arms around her, trying to comfort her.

“Shh, it’s ok, Sandy,” he said.

“No, it is definitely not ok, Carl,” she cried.

“I didn’t mean to upset you, don’t cry.”

Sandy pushed away from him. “I’m not crying because of you. I’m crying because my boyfriend is cheating on me with my best friend!” She wiped tears from her eyes and started to walk towards her sorority. Maybe there was someone who would give her a ride from there.

“Sandy!” Sandy turned when she heard Steve calling her name. She cried in relief as he came to her and wrapped his muscled arms around her. “Oh my God, I just heard, are you ok?”

“No, I’m not. Please take me to my apartment,” she asked, letting him comfort her.

“Of course, come on, my car’s over here.” He led her to his car.

"Sandy!” she heard Gabe call to her. She hurried to step to Steve’s car and waited while he opened the door for her.

Carl turned and got in Gabe’s way, feeling defensive for the girl he had liked for so long. “Leave her alone, Gabe. You hurt her.”

Sandy used Carl’s quick intervention to get in the car, quickly. She didn’t even look at Gabe as Steve sped away from the frat house.

Tears silently fell down Sandy’s face as she stared straight ahead.

“I’m sorry, Sandy. I should have told you.”

“How long has this been going on?” she continued to stare straight ahead.

“As far as I know, this is the first time, I swear. I don’t know what got into him but Ricky told me that he saw Gabe and Tammy all over each other as they were climbing the stairs.”

Sandy shook her head in disbelief as she took the tissue Steve offered her. She dabbed at her eyes, faintly recognizing in all of her pain that her make-up was washing down her face.

“I don’t understand. We had the perfect relationship. I mean, I thought we did. We were talking about moving in together after this year, and all the talk about us getting married.” She caught a sob before it got too out of hand and waited until she swallowed down the lump in her throat before she spoke again. “And Tammy, that bitch! She was my best friend. I trusted her.” Tears slid down her cheeks in renewed force as Steve shook his head in sympathy.

“I’m sorry, Sandy. God, what a terrible thing to do to someone. I mean, I know I’m a player, but at least I’m honest about it. I’d never do that to someone I cared about.” He gently patted her knee, looking over at her.

“Well that’s because you’re a good person, Steve. Thank you for taking me home.”

“My pleasure, Sandy.” He pulled into the apartment parking lot and parked the car in one of the visitor spots.

Sandy waited in the car, wiping her eyes, while Steve got out and came around to open her door. She smiled in appreciation at him as she got out. He walked her through the archway of the apartment building. It opened into a large open courtyard that was boxed in by the apartments around it. The courtyard was pleasant looking with trees and greenery strategically placed around the concrete. A large swimming pool glistened under the lights to their left as they passed it to get to the apartments. Sandy climbed the stairs to the second story and walked past other apartments until she came to hers. She opened the door with her keys and turned toward Steve.

“Thanks for everything, Steve.” She said as she hugged him. She pulled away slowly and Steve took advantage of the opportunity to slowly move in for a kiss.

Kissing someone other than Gabe was a strange experience for Sandy. Gabe was her first love, her first kiss, and her first lover. She had never known anyone but him. Steve’s lips moved across hers softly at first, but then his kiss deepened, and when she tasted his tongue she pulled back.

“I…I can’t…” she stammered, not looking into his eyes.

“Sandy,” he tipped her head up. She could clearly see his compassionate look as the moonlight shown on them. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me. It’s just, I think Gabe is a real ass for doing what he did to you. He has no idea what he’s thrown away. I like you, Sandy. I always have, but the entire time I’ve known you, you’ve been Gabe’s girl. I know this is really soon, and I’m sorry for that, but I hope when you’ve decided what to do about Gabe you’ll keep me in mind if you should suddenly find yourself without a date.”

Sandy smiled a little and nodded her head, whispering goodnight as she turned and entered her apartment. She closed the door and leaned against it. She shook her head at the thought that she was stupid enough to fall for Steve’s line. They had been friends for two years now, and if he thought that she could watch him go from one girl to another with the speed he did in the last two years and then just forget about his habits as soon as she was free, he was sadly mistaken. Still, Sandy knew she’d have to keep her options open. It was clear she couldn’t date Gabe anymore.

Tears welled up in her eyes again as she thought about Gabe and Tammy and she made her way to her bedroom to cry herself to sleep.



He Said

“Better hurry, Romeo, or else you’ll be late to pick up Sandy. And you know how she hates to be late.” Steve smiled as he slapped his buddy on the back.

Gabe smiled at him and finished shaving.

“You’re lucky I didn’t cut myself Greene, or else I’d have to mar your pretty face before the party.”

“Anytime, bro.” Steve smiled. “But serious, man, she’ll flip a gasket. Remember when you were late taking her to last years class picnic? She didn’t talk to you the whole time you were there. But she did talk to me. Actually, man, take your time.” He smiled wolfishly as he flipped the collar of his shirt up.

Gabe punched his friend in the arm. “You wish. You just stick to the rest of the female population and don’t even think about touching Sandy. Besides, she’s too smart for you, she’s not like the other airheads you screw.”

“Hey, I’m going to tell Rogers you think his girlfriend’s an airhead,” he smiled as he ran his hand over his face, checking for whiskers.

“I’ll tell Rogers you screwed her.” Gabe smiled back, amused at the banter.

“Yeah, yeah. See you at the party, man.”

Gabe smiled as he ran the towel over his face and went to his room. He buttoned the tan and white shirt over his finely toned chest and tucked it into his tan slacks. Running a brush through his golden locks, Gabe sprayed hairspray lightly over his hair to hold the look and smiled.

When he knocked on Sandy’s door, he was greeted by his girlfriend in a stunning white dress that clung to her body. He could barely stand to look away from the beautiful legs that peeked out from under the dress and smoothed into a tiny waist. Her body widened a bit as his eyes took in her perfectly rounded breasts that was topped with smooth shoulders, a slender neck and a beautiful face. Sandy was a delight to look at, and he fully intended to see more of her before the night was over.

“You like?” She smiled and twirled for him. He swallowed back saliva.

“I like.” He moved in for a kiss, but she turned her face so that he kissed her cheek. “Hey, what gives?”

“I don’t want to smudge my lipstick before the party.” She closed the door, locking it behind her.

“I vote we stay here and have our own party.”

She smiled coyly and looked back at him from over her shoulder. “We have to make an appearance, Gabe.”

“Ok, we’ll make an appearance, and then we’ll come back here and do our own thing.” He leaned down and kissed her neck, nibbling her slightly, intoxicated by her heady perfume.

She giggled and started walking down the balcony to the stairs. He followed, his eyes on the sway of her hips.

When they entered the frat house, the place was already bumping. They were a little late, but Sandy didn’t seem to be upset, so as far as he was concerned, things were good. He met up with a few friends and followed them to the keg to get a beer. Sandy disappeared in the gaggle of girls who were constantly around her.

When Gabe saw Steve he smiled and greeted him with a slap of the hands and an exchange of insults.

“So who do you have on your sights tonight, Steve?” Steve looked around at all the pretty girls. Some of them were new people who didn’t know Steve’s reputation, and some of them knew but wouldn’t care. Gabe smiled over the sea of women.

“Well, have you seen your girl, lately? I choose her!” He laughed and some of the guys around him laughed and slapped his back with their approval.

“Dream on, man. She’s a one jock woman.”

“Or a one jock-strap woman. Look at her, man!” Steve put his arm around Gabe’s shoulders as he eyed Sandy.

“I see her.” Gabe turned so he was facing Steve. “Pick another girl if you want to get anything, Steve. Wouldn’t want your reputation for being able to get any girl to crumble when you try Sandy.” He smiled confidently.

Steve’s eyebrows raised. “Is that a challenge my boy?”

“No. Actually it’s edging on a warning.”

Steve held up his hands in surrender. “Alright, alright. No need to flex the muscles, I can take a hint when I’m hit over the head with it.” He smiled and pat Gabe on the shoulder. He handed Gabe a refilled cup of beer, which Gabe accepted with a smile and Steve continued looking out among the crowd. “So many girls, so much of me to go around.”

One of the other guys scoffed, “You wish.”

Steve chuckled at the insult, not even gracing it with an answer as he spied his next victim and left the group.

Gabe watched for a moment before he spotted Tammy coming his way. He smiled as she approached. She looked like a predator in her slinky black dress that hugged her body and crawled up her legs until it only barely covered mid-thigh. Her long blonde hair was pulled back into a fashionable bun and her green eyes were sparkling like the emeralds she wore at her ears and her wrist and ankle. Her neck was bare and inviting and Gabe couldn’t remember a time that she looked more attractive. The guys around him all hushed into an appreciative silence as they watched her approach.

“Hey Gabe, what’s up?” she smiled as she stood in front of him.

“Not much at the moment. Come to keep me company?” He smiled at the slight flirting. He and Tammy always flirted a little. It was fun, but it didn’t mean anything.

“Well, while your girlfriend is on the floor with the missing link, I thought you might be lonely.” She turned her gaze back to the floor and he followed it to see Sandy dancing with Carl Williams. He smiled a little. He knew for a long time that Carl had a thing for Sandy, but he was harmless, so Gabe never paid him any mind.

Carl Williams was on the football team with Gabe, and although he’d always been second string, Gabe knew he wasn’t half bad. He was unpopular because he was one of the few people not born with a trust fund, but Gabe didn’t mind him. He didn’t hang with him very often, but he wouldn’t run away from him either. He seemed to need protection, and Gabe had once or twice warned someone away from Carl after Carl had unwittingly done something stupid to get himself into trouble.

“Williams is ok. Although, he’s not much of a dancer, is he?” He chuckled as he saw Sandy grimace in pain.

“Certainly not,” Tammy answered as she turned her attention back to Gabe. “Get a girl a drink?” She asked with a small pout of her lips. Gabe smiled slowly and retrieved a cup of beer for Tammy.

“Come on, lets go sit down somewhere,” Gabe said. Tammy nodded and let him lead her to a bunch of chairs. He sat in the chair while she sat on the arm of it, giving him a great view of her legs.

They spent the time idly talking about the football team and cheerleading while they flirted back and forth with each other. Gabe would flex his muscles and Tammy would cross and uncross her legs, always drawing his eyes to them. Still it was very harmless flirting. It was fun and there were no strings attached. He was confident Tammy knew where his heart was and that this was all just fun to him. Soon after they sat down, Gabe frowned as Carl went running by, closely followed by Sandy trying to stop him.

“Hm, wonder what happened?” Gabe said thoughtfully.

“Oh he probably asked her to marry him or something.” Tammy shook her head and chuckled a little. “Want another beer?”

“Yeah, thanks.” He watched Tammy disappear into the crowd and thought about whether or not he should follow Carl and Sandy, but he decided to stay where he was. Guys he knew passed by him greeting him and exchanging small conversation with him while he waited for Tammy. He was starting to wonder what was taking her so long when he heard someone call his name.

“Hey, Gabe?”

Gabe looked over and saw Ricky, a member of the team looking down at him with a question in his eyes.

“Hey man, what’s up?” They exchanged greetings while slapping their hands together.

“I was just wondering if you were still seeing Sandy Blaire.”

“Yeah, man. Nothing’s changed. Why?”

“Well, you’re here with Tammy and Sandy’s dancing with Steve. So I just wondered.”

Gabe frowned and stood up, unable to see through the people dancing. He made his way over to the other side of the room, circling the dance floor until he saw them. By this time most of the people had stopped dancing, but he could see through them that Steve and Sandy had not. Pressed together they danced, their bodies getting more suggestive as the dance went on. His eyes narrowed a bit and his body tensed, but he stayed where he was. Sandy was his girl. A little dance meant nothing.

“Here you are,” Tammy said as she appeared beside him. She handed him a cup of beer and he took a long drink from it as his eyes stayed glued to Steve and Sandy.

“Look at her. She’s shameless. I told her to curb those feelings about Steve. This doesn’t look like curbing to me.”

Gabe’s eyes shot down to Tammy, who was watching the pair with obvious disgust.

“What feelings?”

Tammy looked up at Gabe in surprise. “You mean you haven’t noticed the way they flirt with each other? The way they make eyes at each other and stuff. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed the way they act around each other.” Tammy looked back out at the pair, still dancing.

Gabe’s eyes narrowed in anger as he watched the two. The fact that he was just doing the same thing with Tammy that she was accusing Steve and Sandy of was far from his mind. All he could think about was the writhing bodies of his best friend and his girlfriend and his anger built. He looked down when Tammy’s hand made contact with his chest. Her big green eyes looked up into his. They looked compassionate and he was glad for her comfort. When Tammy stepped closer and pressed her body against his, he encircled his arms around her.

“What do you say we go some place quieter?” Tammy smiled.

Gabe’s eyes trailed from her eyes to her lips and he felt a need to kiss them. He put Sandy and Steve to the back of his mind and filled his thoughts with the willing beauty in his arms. Two could play at this game, he thought as he leaned down and gently kissed Tammy.

He wasn’t sure how they made it up the stairs; all he could remember was kissing Tammy and the way her mouth tasted. When they reached his room, though, he opened the door and walked inside, moving Tammy’s body with his, closing the door behind them.

The more they kissed, laid sprawled out on his bed, the more he wanted her. His hands were everywhere, sliding her dress off in no time. Her flimsy panties, the only thing left after the dress, soon joined the dress on the floor. She writhed in pleasure under his touches and kisses, and he couldn’t remember sex with Sandy ever being so spontaneous or alive.

When Tammy moved him so that he was on his back and she was straddling his waist his eyes were glazed over and he was willing to do anything she wanted. When she suggested sitting on his face, Gabe agreed. He’d never tried it that way before, but he sincerely doubted his good little Catholic girlfriend would be interested in this. Besides those thoughts, Gabe’s mind was reeling with what he would get in return for something as big as this.

His mind was getting fuzzier and fuzzier, but all he could concentrate on at the moment was Tammy. His senses were bombarded by everything Tammy. His ears captured her lovely moans of pleasure as she told him how good he was. His nostrils were full of her scent and his mind was trying to focus on what he was doing. He had images of switching rolls and decided it would be fun to do. He planned to spend the whole night exploring Tammy in a way he was sure Sandy would never allow him to.

“Gabe?”

It was faint, but suddenly he was aware of light entering the room. He used his hands that were on Tammy’s waist and moved her off of him enough to look past her. His heart raced as his eyes came in contact with Sandy’s. Tammy didn’t seem to realize what was going on, but before anything could be said, Sandy darted out of the room, leaving the door open. Gabe cursed as he came to his senses. Pushing Tammy off of him, he grabbed an old shirt to clean off with before running after her.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Tammy said as she lay on his bed.

“I have to go after Sandy.”

“No, you don’t have to anything, Gabe. You can come back to bed with me.” She smiled suggestively, displaying her nude body for him.

“Not gonna happen, Tammy. I must have been brain-dead to let you talk me into this.”

“Talk you into it? Are you out of your mind, you practically dragged me up here!” Tammy said indignantly. She crawled off the bed and started to gather her own clothes.

Gabe didn’t wait to hear more. Instead he bolted from the room, shutting the door as he did, and went after Sandy. He scanned the dance floor and room for her, but didn’t see her. He saw Steve disappearing out the front door and his eyes narrowed as he quickly made his way to the door.

Once outside he saw Steve escorting Sandy to his car.

“Sandy!” he called out to her as he started towards her.

Carl Williams blocked his way, putting a hand on his chest to stop him. “Leave her alone, Gabe. You hurt her.”

Gabe looked over Carl, waiting for Sandy to turn toward him, but she didn’t. Pushing past Carl, he tried to make his way to her, but Carl intervened again.

“Carl, so help me God, if you don’t move, I’m going to move you, man.”

Carl’s eyes widened a bit, not wanting to get pummeled by the quarterback, but he stood his ground.

“No, Gabe. S-she’s hurting. Just let her be alone.”

Had he the time, Gabe would have been impressed by Carl, but instead he pushed past him again, just in time for Steve’s car to speed off, taking Sandy away from him.



The Truth

Robert Maine waited outside the abandoned factory as the red car pulled up beside his black limousine. His face was drawn into a serious look and his dress spoke of business. His three-piece business suit left over from work that day was only partially covered by his long overcoat. He watched as the girl approached.

“Secret agent man?” she smiled at her own joke. Robert smiled a little, willing to be slightly indulgent.

“Thank you for being on time. Shall we go inside?”

“The dank dark factory? No thanks,” she grimaced.

“How about the limo?”

She looked over at the sleek vehicle and nodded. As they approached a driver got out and opened the door for them.

Robert smiled. He didn’t usually take the limousine to work with him, but this time it was imperative to impress. He wanted her to be aware of who she was dealing with, so if she got the idea to back out of their deal she would think again. He accepted no room for failure in business. And really that’s all this was, business.

This was the third and final night he would meet with Tammy Ross out here. After that he would finally be well on his way to getting what he most desired.

Tammy looked at Robert expectantly. “Well?”

Robert watched her, his black eyes scanning her for any sign of betrayal. Simultaneously his mind entered hers and scanned her mind for any thought not to go through with the plan. She seemed ready. Robert nodded and pulled a file out of his briefcase and handed it to Tammy. She opened it and started reading while Robert fixed her and himself a drink.

His years of waiting were finally about to pay off. Sandy would finally be in a position to be his. Upon meeting Sandy Blaire for the first time at a dinner party her father had given, Robert had devoted his time, money, and company to ready himself for her. As love filled his mind and body, he finally found a reason for everything he did. Having a mission, a path, made Robert Maine a dangerous man. Although he was previously a successful man in business, after meeting Sandy he had tripled his efforts. He broke away from his siblings, letting Darien and Michelle keep the family business while he took his share and created a new business. He had worked endless nights and days towards building his business up to where it now was. He was proud of what he had accomplished. Without the help of his father or his siblings he was able to build and manage a multi-billion dollar business and he planned to make it grow even more. He wanted to be sure to be able to give Sandy the kind of life she was accustomed to.

Apart from building his business, Robert had done other things to ready himself for Sandy. Private investigators constantly trailed her, giving Robert an accurate idea of her lifestyle and habits. Having her friends trailed and strategically questioned gave him more insights into Sandy. But finding Tammy was just plain luck.

Robert remembered hearing about the girl, Barbie, when she was thrown out of the school. But when he realized how and why the girl got thrown out, she suddenly interested him. Barbie was a secret agent sent to the school to watch paranormals. This probably meant Darien and Carl. Not very many people knew that his brother Darien was actually the infamous Reaper. Reaper was known as the reformed villain who doubled up with Polaris to fight crime. But Robert knew that it was more that Darien didn’t have the first clue how to be a villain rather than being reformed. Robert was also very aware of who Carl was. Living next door to Polaris most of his childhood, it was not hard for Robert to discern who Carl was. He knew that information would one day come in handy, but he didn’t know just how much help he was going to get from knowing Polaris’ secret identity.

Barbie was found out to be an agent and even though Barbie had procured her the spot of Social Coordinator when she was a sophomore, Sandy turned on her. It was pretty unheard of to have such a young Social Coordinator, mainly because being the Social Coordinator meant being second only to the President of the sorority. Should something happen to Barbie; Sandy would then be in a position to be the youngest and longest running President of the sorority. Some people believed that was the sole reason why she turned on her friend, gathering signatures for the petition and heading the campaign that finally lead to Barbie’s expulsion from the school. Formally, the school just didn’t want a secret agent poking around the school. Informally, Sandy had worked her ass off to get Barbie eliminated so that her competition would be gone. She was made President and she made her best friend, Tammy Ross the new Social Coordinator.

Even though Tammy gracefully accepted the role as the Social Coordinator and best friend of Sandy Blaire, Robert knew she was seething inside. He knew that girls like Tammy were competitive, and even though Tammy was now the Social Coordinator for Alpha Delta Pi, she wasn’t the one making headlines. Because Sandy was first the youngest Social Coordinator, Tammy didn’t have that role. Because Sandy was now the youngest President, Tammy would likely never have that role. Sandy and Tammy would graduate at the same time and if Tammy ever wanted to climb higher, she would need to get rid of Sandy.

It was a happy coincidence that when he checked Tammy’s mind, he found hot hatred burning inside her for Sandy. It was interesting where her alliance was. Robert found out through Tammy that Barbie was still Tammy’s best friend, and he read with the power of his own mind the promise Tammy made to Barbie, which was so emblazoned in her mind. Tammy had promised that Sandy would not go unpunished. Revenge was such a sweet motivator.

Personally, Robert didn’t want to see Sandy removed from Sorority President, nor did he really care about Tammy’s little quest for vengeance. But it did give him an idea.

Robert was well aware of Sandy’s crush on Polaris, as well as her full time boyfriend, Gabe Stanley. That was two too many men hanging around the girl he planned to make his. Tammy was going to be able to effectively take care of both for him. He watched as Tammy read the psychological profile on Polaris that he gave to her. This was the third and final night that they were meeting so that she could finish reading it. The plan was perfect.

He provided the profile on Polaris, giving Tammy full knowledge of who Polaris was and how she was likely to be able to get him, and in return, she was going to break Gabe and Sandy up. Of course, she wasn’t going to go after Carl right away. Even though she’d like to, he planned on suppressing that want in her. He wanted her to end up with Carl, just not yet. Armed with the knowledge she’d have, she would be a fool not to be nicer to him and start to slowly but surely change his opinion of her. And when the time was right, he planned to remove that suppression, letting Tammy fling herself at an unsuspecting Carl, snatching up the prize of Polaris, leaving Sandy without both boyfriend and obsession.

He smiled to himself as he felt the familiar feeling of triumph come over him.

A few drinks later, Tammy finally finished the profile. Robert smiled and held his hand out for it. She gave it to him willingly, having committed the important parts to memory.

“Well Mr. Maine, it’s been a pleasure doing business with you.” She smiled suggestively, as if to offer herself to him. Robert inwardly grimaced. He’d never touch a slut like Tammy. His interest in her was purely to get Sandy where he wanted her.

“The pleasure’s been mine, I’m sure.” He opened the door to the limo, getting out and offering her a hand out. “Now remember, tomorrow at the party you have to make your move.”

“It’s all been worked out,” she smiled up to him, still hoping he’d take the offer.

Instead Robert reached inside his jacket pocket and withdrew a small envelope for her. She frowned and looked at the tiny envelope with question.

“What’s this?”

“Just slip it into his drink. It will speed up the effects of the alcohol and put him in the mood.”

“I don’t need this to put men in the mood, Mr. Maine.” She smiled confidently as she tried to return the envelope. Robert narrowed his eyes.

He grabbed her wrist and tugged her forward quickly, applying enough pressure on her wrist to hurt, but not enough to bruise. She looked at him in surprise and gasped in pain.

“Listen to me, Ms. Ross, because you only have one shot at this. Slip the drug into his drink. If he has any inhibitions it will cure him of them. Do not forget that Sandy has been dating Gabe Stanley for four years. It might take more than cheap beer and a cheap dress worn by a cheap woman to turn his head. If you fail in this, not only will you no longer have the information I gave you, but you will lose your position in your sorority, your status in school and all of your friends. Because if Sandy doesn’t take those things from you, I will. Am I making myself perfectly clear?” Robert’s narrowed eyes watched her surprised face turn into one of understanding. He knew it was well known that Reaper was a friend of his family, and no doubt she was right now thinking of the implications of him getting involved.

“Sure, I understand. Let me go.” Tammy tugged gently, not really fighting as much as asking.

Robert slowly let her wrist go from his powerful grip and replaced the smile on his face.

“Have a nice night, Ms. Ross and enjoy yourself at the party.”

Tammy eyed him suspiciously. She only nodded as she put the envelope in her purse and walked away, rubbing her pained wrist.

Robert watched her go, a smile of triumph again spreading over his face. Sandy was as good as his.


To be continued...