Title: Married?

Author: kirasmommy

Fandom: Oh, Grow Up

Paring: Hunter/Norris

Rating: NC-17

Status: New

Archive: WWOMB, Rareslash, KB's, everywhere else…sure!

E-mail: flames@fgi.net

Series/Sequel: No Other websites: http://internetdump.com/users/kirarose/kbwarn.html

Disclaimers: I do not own these characters nor do I make money off of them.

Notes: Well ABC has canceled the show...And it's a pity, it had great slash potential. This is also somewhat rushed because I have trouble writing with all 7 kids playing in the same room...and it will be like this for about 2 more weeks.

Warnings: Mushy, romance....

Summary: Ford knew it! Yet somehow...it still surprised him.


Married?
By kirasmommy


Ford came into the kitchen with a smile still on his face. Norris glanced up just long enough to note. "Yep...Sal stayed the night again."

Hunter looked back over his shoulder. "What? Is he going to move in?"

Ford looked down at his plate and picked up some toast.

"Hunter do you want the sports section?" Norris asked over his coffee.

"Later. More eggs?"

Ford shook his head to himself as he watched Hunter and Norris talk back and forth. "You two are soooo married."

Norris smiled and played along, "As long as I get to be the husband."

"HA! I get to be the husband!" Hunter said as he poured himself a glass of juice.

"How do you figure?" Norris asked.

"Because I'm the one that works. You just stay home painting all day."

"That's work!" Norris pouted to himself.

Ford laughed to himself. "Yep definitely married."

"What do you have planned tonight Ford? No let me guess...Sal?" Norris said as he decided to change the subject.

Ford just smiled the same Cheshire grin he had been grinning for days.

"What about you Hunter?" Norris asked.

"I think I'll meet that girl from the Jiggly hut tonight." Hunter finally decided. "What about you?"

"Oh I think I'll just see if the evening lighting makes a difference." Norris stretched.

"If the morning lighting, and the afternoon lighting and artificial lighting didn't make a difference what makes you think evening lighting will." Ford asked.

"It may inspire me." Norris shrugged as he heard the front door slam shut. "Chloe or Suzanne?"

"It sounded more like a Chloe slam." Hunter said.

As Chloe entered the room Hunter smiled smugly.

"I hate you!" Norris muttered.

"Nah you love me you know you do." Hunter chuckled.

As Ford stood up to leave he whispered, "Married."

^^^^^^^

As Chloe left to go to class Norris threw himself unto the couch. "Going to work today?"

"Nah, day off." Hunter said as he sat down in an opposite chair. "So I guess I'll just hang out with you."

Norris stared hard at the spot under Hunter. "What is that?"

"What's what?"

"That."

"That?"

"That? Under you."

Hunter bent down and looked. It looked like fabric peaking out from under the chair. He pulled at it and then quickly dropped it. "Um I think it's Sal's."

"Sure it isn't Ford's?" Norris said suppressing the laughter as best he could.

"Nah Ford doesn't have that big of a butt."

Norris lost his battle with laughter and collapsed against the couch. "That was just so more than I wanted to know about their sex life."

Hunter grinned. "Well it could be worse."

"Yeah they could scream out...More MORE MORE! Like certain other people's dates do."

Hunter rolled his eyes. "Can I help it if I aim to please?"

"You could at least put a pillow over their head or something. I can't sleep!"

Hunter smiled, "Aw your just jealous!"

"I am NOT!" Norris grumbled. "I don't know, I just feel like...Ford is settling."

"Settling?" Hunter asked stretching.

"Yeah settling. I mean it's like he took the first guy that offered. I just think he could do better." Norris said settling down further into the couch.

"Aw I don't think so. Sal's a great guy." Hunter took a drink as he channel surfed.

"I didn't say he wasn't a good guy. I just don't think that he's Ford's type."

"And what exactly IS Ford's type?"

"I don't know, neat freak comes to mind." Norris shrugged.

"Nah I think they would drive each other nuts. Two neat freaks don't mix well." Hunter shook his head.

"Well what would you say is Ford's type?" Norris asked.

"I don't know...rich comes to mind." Hunter laughed.

"I don't think Ford is that shallow." Norris chuckled.

"Well it's hard to figure out his type. I mean we thought he was straight for...ever! How are we to decide his type without anything to base it on." Hunter gave up, then smiled. "What would you say is MY type?"

"Breathing female." Norris answered immediately. "Well maybe breathing is optional..."

"Hardy har har har! No really....what is my type?" Hunter asked as he stood up and came to sit beside Norris.

"I don't know...blonde, blue-eyed, all curvy in all the right places?"

Hunter closed his eyes; "I suppose that describes a lot of my dates...but think about it...am I still with any of them?"

Norris thought about it for a little while, "No I guess not."

Hunter nodded, "It's because they aren't really my type."

"Okay I guess I don't know what your type is. What is your type?" Norris asked finally leaning over to grab his can of soda.

Hunter turned to him and smiled as he got comfortable. "Okay let's see...My type is intelligent..."

Norris nodded in encouragement.

"A little cynical..."

Norris lifted an eyebrow.

"To keep me from getting my head too far into the clouds."

Norris nodded sipping his soda.

"A little bit competitive."

"Competitive?" Norris asked.

"Yeah to keep me going."

"Attractive. Very attractive." Hunter sat closer as though he was telling a secret.

Norris leaned closer as Hunter lowered his voice. "Loyal, loyal is very good."

Norris nodded in agreement.

Hunter whispered into Norris ear. "And artistic. I build things and I need someone that can appreciate the need to create. And an artist understands that need."

Norris started to nod then turned his head and found himself looking Hunter straight in the eye. Hunter slowly smiled a gentle smile bringing his hand up to Norris' face. With a finger he traced his jaw before taking it away.

Norris cleared his throat. "I...uh thought that...um..."

Hunter took Norris' drink from his hands. "I have always believed that affection should be shared regardless of form."

"I uh...well...you see...I thought that..." Norris tried to gather his thoughts together but for once couldn't find any words.

He found his hands within Hunter's. "Are you going to be okay?" Hunter asked rubbing Norris' fingers.

"Okay? My best friend just tells me that I'm his type...am I okay?" Norris stood up and started to pace.

Hunter shrugged as he too stood up. "It's okay, I mean if it really bothers you, just forget I ever mentioned it." He sighed.

"Forget it? How do I forget it?!" Norris asked as he rounded around the couch almost stepping on Hunter's dog named Mom.

(Watch it you dumb human! I could sooo bite you!) The dog let out a short bark before running into the kitchen.

Hunter sat back down. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything."

Norris ran his fingers through his hair. "I'll be okay, I'm just you know surprised is all! I mean it's not every day..." He gestured helplessly.

"Your friend tells you he is in love with you?" Hunter tried to supply helpfully.

Norris moaned softly. "Love? Oh boy."

Hunter smiled weakly. "You gonna be okay?"

"I'll be fine I just need to absorb this is all." Norris said sitting back down.

"Why don't we just forget about all of this?" Hunter suggested again.

"No." Norris said suddenly. "I don't want to forget about it. I mean it's a surprise yes. But maybe..."

Hunter tilted his head to try and look into Norris downcast eyes. "Maybe what?"

"Well." Norris chewed his lip. "It's not really a new thought. I just never thought...I mean I didn't think you would ever...I used to think about it a lot but just sorta put it away. And since Ford's little revelation, once in awhile..."

Hunter reached out and rubbed Norris' back.

"I guess I would like to see where this could lead to." Norris finally managed to get out.

Hunter smiled and felt his heart leap a little.

Mom the dog made his way back into the living room and sat on the floor watching them. He was the only witness to their first kiss.

(Oh yuck! Humans are gross! You would never catch a dog doing that. Why can't humans just smell each other's butts like normal beings?) The dog shook himself before running upstairs.

Norris gasped a little as the kiss broke off, "One condition though. I don't want you running off to the Jiggly Hut."

Hunter laughed. "Never."

*****

Days later...

Ford poured himself some juice as Hunter cooked the eggs. Sal sat down nibbling toast as he stopped by to make plans with Ford.

"Norris more eggs?" Hunter asked.

"No thank you, sports section?"

"Yeah put it by my plate please."

Ford laughed, "See? Married!"

Sal laughed with him. Hunter and Norris shrugged.

"So you two going out tonight?" Norris asked reading the comics section.

"Yeah, what about you Hunter?" Ford asked.

"Staying in tonight." He smiled.

"Norris?" Ford asked.

"Staying in. I have found the evening light very...refreshing."

"I noticed a lot of new paintings." Ford nodded thoughtfully. "You two have been staying in a lot lately."

Hunter smiled, "We're just an old married couple. We're just happy staying home."

Norris nodded. "Yep, like you always said. We're married."

Ford laughed. "Well we got to go."

As he and Sal left Ford shook his head still laughing.

"I don't think they took us seriously." Hunter said lightly as he dropped a kiss on Norris head.

"Oh well" Norris said drinking his coffee.

Hunter brushed his thumb across Norris' lips. "I love you."

Norris smiled. "I love you too."

Mom the dog covered his eyes with his paws. (Oh no not again! Well at least they figured out how to do it right. I thought I was going to have to bring Frank the Poodle from up the street in just to show them how!)

Hunter pulled Norris to the couch. "Another day off?"

"Yeah..." Hunter smiled as he pulled Norris into his arms.

They didn't hear the door slam open as they continued to kiss passionately.

(Oh oh busted!) Mom thought as he wagged his tail.

"I forgot..." Ford trailed off. Sal smiled and gave them thumbs up.

"We thought you two...uh..." Norris stood up adjusting his shirt. Hunter turned his back as he zipped his pants up.

"I forgot my briefcase." Ford said vaguely.

Hunter handed him his case helpfully with a smile.

"When?" Ford asked still feeling surreal.

Hunter looked confused. "Ford? We thought you knew! After all you kept mentioning that we were married."

Ford opened his mouth a few times with no sound. Finally Sal hooked his arm around Ford's waist and said, "Come on! They look like they were busy."

Ford continued to open and close his mouth as Sal propelled him through the door.

As the door closed Hunter collapsed laughing. Norris giggled inanely. "That was soooo mean! I love it!"

"And I love you!" Hunter said pulling Norris into his lap.

"I love you too...husband of mine."



=30=