You are pissing me off

By lt_cate_pike

barbara.pohl@gmx.de

Pairing: Gibbs/Dinozzo

Summary: Tony's thoughts during "missing". Yeah I know this ep has been covered before, but I just couldn't get it out of my head. Plus I only got to see the episode today. So bear with me, please.

Disclaimer: Don't own them. I don't own much of anything else either. So don't sue. This is merely for entertainment.

Rating: well R for some very minor swearing. But I know that American are picky about that. It will really earn it's rating later on. I promise.

Spoilers: major spoilers for "Missing" (obviously)

Note: I'm kinda jumping through the episode. If it's too hard to keep track where we are at a certain time, tell me and I'll try to fix that.




You are pissing me off
By lt_cate_pike


He liked the waitress. Great sense of humor, cute face. Great rack. What was not to like? Well he wasn't *really* interested. He just liked to flirt. What was wrong with that?

Judging from the tone of Gibbs' voice when he told him to come outside with him, Gibbs wasn't too happy about that. Good. He still had a thing or two to get back at Gibbs for. Nothing could make Tony's day any better than pushing Gibbs buttons. Plus Gibbs liked to, you know, stake out his territory again if he thought Tony strayed too far from the space the two of them had defined for straying. So it was like a two for one deal. Get back at Gibbs *and* have mind blowing sex that night.

He made sure Gibbs heard his last comment to the waitress and had to suppress a grin when he caught up to Gibbs.

Predictably the girl had caught the bait hook line and sinker and followed them outside. And it was true what he told her. Gibbs really was grumpy as soon as he woke up. But when he was asleep he looked like an angel. Tony could spend hours just watching him. Though lately he hadn't gotten much of a chance to. Which was why he was playing like that. And it was working like a charm. Gibbs was majorly pissed off.

He thought it was cute how jealous Gibbs could get. But really… Gibbs should know better. He was just as dedicated to his work as Gibbs was.

Well maybe not just as much. But who was? Tony had learned his lesson after what happened with Voss. No dates with anyone related to a case.

So he couldn't keep the self satisfied smirk of his face when he told him he got a name… of the missing Gunny's lover. He also couldn't resist rubbing it in that Gibbs had been wrong about him. He might have deliberately been pushing his buttons, but enough was enough.

Pushing Gibbs' buttons and proving him wrong definitely had it advantages. Gibbs let him of the leash for a while. Gibbs overbearing mother-hen act was touching… most of the time. But it was good to know the man trusted him to handle himself. Plus Tony figured he had pushed Gibbs a bit too far. His boss was seriously ticked off. If he wasn't careful he'd blow his chance to get laid that night.

Of course he had to check in every hour. Being off the leash didn't mean he could run freely. But this was fun! Stake outs, undercover jobs and tailing somebody were his favorite parts of the job. Sort of made him feel like he was part of a movie.

Yes. Finally some action!

He followed Sacco outside and called Gibbs. Compared to his usually gruff greeting he sounded almost pleased to hear from Tony. Thank god he didn't want to take his head off anymore. Maybe that night he would get lucky after all.

Then he started to get woozy. Gibbs would definitely bite his head off for that one. After he made sure Tony was still alive.

The last thing he heard before passing out completely was Gibbs promise to come get him.

***

/Aww man I feel like crap. Where am I? The Gunny… How did I get here again? my drink. Somebody spiked my fucking drink. Couldn't have been Sacco… damnit Gibbs had had a hunch the killer could have been somebody else. Maybe he had an accomplice. Why didn't I pay more attention? I'm never hear the end of it. And Gibbs won't let me out of his sight for a long long time./

Gibbs. He said he was coming for him. There was no doubt in Tony's mind he would. But Tony wouldn't just sit on his ass and do nothing like a damsel in distress. He had gotten himself into this mess he would get himself out of it. He really could take care of himself, you know?

But boy was he glad to see Jethro's face. Atlas was is really bad shape. And Sacco was right behind him. Maybe Sacco was the killer. Maybe he wasn't. Tony wasn't planning on sticking around to find out.

***

/It's okay. I've got her. I'm okay, Boss. And not going anywhere. You can stop worrying now./ The look on Gibbs face almost tore him apart. He was genuinely sorry for making him worry like that.

But the opportunity to finally get Gibbs to admit publicly he cared about him was just too good to pass up. Knowing was one thing, but sometimes he just need to hear it out loud.

/Irreplaceable, eh?/ And it sounded like he meant it, too- Tony was so happy he could have danced.

But of course it was too good to be true. McGee?!? Of all the persons Gibbs could have picked to make a joke out of this McGee was the worst possible person he could have picked for this. Tony knew the older man had a soft spot for the kid.

Was this really all a joke to Gibbs? He could have been killed today! One minute he felt like the king of the world, the next his heart was ripped out and stomped on. Tony knew that the second B was really for bastard a lot of time. But this was way out line.

Gibbs seemed pretty pleased with himself. /yeah, give it to me, *lover* I think there are a few spots left you haven't stepped on already./

Not only did he make a joke out of Tony being irreplaceable, but he had to do it with McGee. The one person Tony thought could actually replace him. In every possible way.

He felt sick. Before he could give Gibbs the satisfaction of seeing just how much he had hurt Tony he made some lame excuse about getting himself patched up and fled the building.

part 2

Of course Tony did not go to the doctor. He only had a few scratches. And he could do without being poked with a needle, thank you very much. This day had been bad enough without that. Instead, he drove aimlessly around town for some time, trying to clear his head. Not that it helped. The more he thought about it, the angrier he was at Gibbs. Damn the man for getting to him like that. That Gibbs hadn't meant anything by it only made it worse. Eventually he gave up on it. In this state he would get into an accident before his anger had evaporated. Tony did a quick U-turn, ignored the angry honks of the other cars and headed home to take it out on his punching ball.

***

When Tony didn't come back after more than an hour Gibbs started to worry. It was out of character for Tony to go to the doc in the first place. But how long could it possibly take to get some scrapes cleaned out? Maybe he had been seriously hurt?

He gave him another ten minutes and the called the doctor. He was probably just worrying about nothing. Tony often complained that he fretted too much.

He was even more worried when they told him Tony had never stopped by.

Gibbs hung up without saying good bye and clicked the button for speed dial to Tony's cell phone. One ring. Two. Three. /Come on. Pick up Dinozzo./ What the fuck was taking him so long? The few seconds felt like an eternity. He breathed a silent sigh of relief when he heard the quick knack of the phone being picked up. But instead of Dinozzo's voice, all he heard was a busy signal. Cursing, he got up from his chair and grabbed his jacket.

"I'm going home, Cait. I want the report on my desk first thing in the morning!"

"But…" Gibbs didn't hear the rest of it as the elevator doors closed.

He shrugged into his jacket and impatiently waited for the doors to open again. As soon as he got out he pressed speed dial 1 on his mobile and rushed to his car. The phone rang and he was hung up on again. He got into the car and pulled out of the garage. He dialed the number again, but this time all he got was the voice mail. He cursed and called Tony's home number. All he got was the answering machine. He hung up and tried again. This time he didn't even get the answering machine. Gibbs growled at the phone and threw it on the passenger seat.

***

Tony had cranked up the stereo to full volume and was beating the crap out of the punching ball. Only he was picturing Gibbs' face in its place. His ringing cell phone interrupted his little `physical therapy' session. Annoyed he picked it up. He saw Gibbs' name on the display a scowled at the phone and hung up on Gibbs. He turned around and got back to his punching ball.

Several moments later it rang again.

Tony didn't even bother to look who it was but hung up on him again. He figured Gibbs would just keep on calling and switched it off and threw the phone down on the table. He was just about to get back to beating up `Gibbs' when his normal phone rang. He scowled and hung up on that line, too. And for good measure he ripped the chord out of the wall.

If possible, he was even more furious now and turned back to punching ball.

***

Gibbs pulled his car to the side of the road opposite of Tony's apartment building. He glanced up at the second where Tony's apartment was. There was light, so somebody was home, but already knew that. He looked from one window to the other. From down here he could see Tony pounding into the ball. Thank god he was okay. Gibbs took a deep breath and rested his head on the steering wheel for a moment. Tony was fine.

Wait. Tony was *fine*.

He slammed the door to the car shut and stalked up to Tony's apartment. Furious, he pounded on the door.

***

Tony nearly screamed when he was interrupted by the pounding on the door. Only one person would `knock' like that.

"GO. AWAY." He yelled in the general direction of the door

"Open the god damn door, Tony!" Gibbs yelled right back and underlined his demand by more pounding. Tony really didn't want to explain to his super how the door had gotten broken, so he stomped over there and threw it open. "WHAT?"

One look at Tony and Gibbs mouth went dry. Tony was wearing an old shirt, with the sleeves ripped off, that showed of his well defined abs glistening with sweat. The red hot anger in his eyes only made him that much more alluring. For a moment he wanted to push him into a wall have his wicked way with him. Which pissed him off even more. He quickly pushed the surge of lust down. This was not why he had come here. Tony had some explaining to do.

Gibbs noticed one of the doors to the other apartments opening and an old lady peaking out. He didn't want, or need, an audience. So he pushed Tony inside and threw the door shut. "When I call, you answer your god damn phone!"

"Well guess what. I didn't want to talk to you!"

The two men came nose to nose.

"I don't CARE. I call. You answer. Is that clear?"

"I was off duty! I answer my fucking phone when ever I fucking please!" Did he seriously think he would jump whenever he called?

"You're not off duty until I say you are off duty!!" Gibbs shouted and punctuated his words by jabbing his finger at Tony's chest. "You can't just leave when ever you fucking feel like it!"

Tony tried to swat his hand away, but Gibbs' reflexes were faster and he grabbed Tony's arm. Tony flinched. Gibbs had him in a nice grip right over one of the multiple bruises. Gibbs loosened his grip immediately and took a step back.

Gibbs went from furious to concerned in less than a second "You're hurt." He stated matter of factly and brought Tony's arm up to inspect the injury.

Tony yanked his arm free. "I'm fine," he snapped.

"Let me see."

"I said I'm FINE."

The boy really had a talent for pissing him off. "Shut up. And sit down." Gibbs barked and pushed Tony into a chair. He took a quick look at the arm and then went to the bathroom to retrieve the first aid kit. He methodically started to clean up the wound, but Tony tried to pull free again. "Dinozzo… you are really starting to piss me off. Stop fussing and let me do this."

By now Tony was really fuming. "I'm… Leave. Now." There was nothing Tony hated more than being treated like a little boy. Tony tried to get up again, but Gibbs firmly pushed him down.

"Not until I'm finished with this."

"I said. Leave." Tony said, his voice low dangerous growl.

END PART 2


I know it's not much, but I wanted to get this out there. Stay tuned for the next part, where Gibbs goes to see Tony.