Title: The Speed of Light

Author: Belladonna...duh!

belladonnaf66@yahoo.com

rating: NC-17

Pairing: Tony and Gibbs

archive- Peja, you may archive anything that I write...Bella

standard disclaimer: I don't own this show or I'd have a maid, and I don't own these guys or they'd live in my house with me and my maid.



~Speed of Light~
By Belladonna


It seemed like it happened at the speed of light, at the same time it was like everything moved in a dreamlike slow motion, Tony thought irrelevantly.

"Gibbs!" he screamed and Gibbs half turned, the panic in Tony's voice making him look so that when the car hit him it only caught his side but made him fly backwards into the unmowed median of buckwheat, grass and clover, landing with an audible crack.

"Jesus." Tony breathed and leapt over the crime scene tape, slid over the hood of a slow moving police car, racing over to kneel beside Gibbs, "Ducky!" he yelled, his voice panicky as he began to check out the man who was so much more than his boss.

Gibbs was lying on his side, eyes closed. If you could ignore the blood dripping out of the side of his mouth you'd have thought he was sleeping. Tony's hand shook as he pulled out his handkerchief to gently wipe the blood off of Gibbs chin.

"Don't move him Anthony!" Ducky called as he hustled over. Another cop had come up but Tony had waved him off, "Make sure that woman gets a ticket." He'd snarled and the man nodded and moved off.

Ducky was huffing from running across four lanes of traffic, and panic of his own. He knelt down, his medical bag beside him and started with Gibbs head. "Contusions," he checked Gibbs eyes, "Could have been worse, he doesn't have a concussion, left arm broken," here he paused as he checked reflexes then he let out a sigh of relief as both legs moved slightly in reply to stimulus, "No obvious spinal injury. Let's gently and in one motion roll him onto the backboard so generously provided by Gerald."

Tony looked up, he hadn't noticed Ducky's assistant, "Thanks." Gerald nodded and pulled out a cervical collar, fastening it around Gibbs neck.

The men rolled him gently onto the backboard, careful to not jar the broken left arm. "Oh dear, looks like his knee is swelling as well." He gently felt along it, "I don't feel a break though." Gibbs eyelids began to flutter and Tony sighed in relief.

"Stay still Boss." Tony said, taking the older mans' uninjured hand in his own.

"God, was I hit by a truck?" Gibbs moaned, then coughed and almost yelped as the pain hit him. He tried to move his head but Tony bent closer, cupping Gibb's cheek, "Don't try to move Boss, we have a cervical collar on you. And no, you weren't hit by a truck, it was a green Chevy Impala." He glanced over at the crying woman who was being soundly chewed out by a Statie and Caitlin.

There was a grunt from Gibbs, "How fucking embarrassing is this?" He opened his eyes and could see the worried gray blue eyes of his younger colleague hovering above him.

"Shit, coulda happened to any of us Boss." Tony soothed. Gibbs was stunned to see more than worry, more than the care of a friend in Tony's eyes. He never expected this, to see his own unresolved feelings being reflected back at him.

Ducky smiled when Gibbs eyes moved to him, "Hello Jethro. We're going to have you transported to Bethesda Naval Hospital. Young Anthony will ride with you and I'll meet you there."

"No, stay with the body. Have evidence in my pocket." Gibbs protested.

Ducky searched the pockets of Gibb's blazer, then smiled, "I found it Jethro, and Gerald can hold the fort with Abby and Caitlin. It's what I'm training an assistant for."

It was a little thing, but Gibbs could feel DiNozzo's death grip on his hand and was comforted. "Ok Ducky, you win."

"I always do." The Coroner said comfortably. The military ambulance slowly moved through the stalled traffic and pulled up beside them, "Here's your chariot."

Gibbs glanced over, "Yippee."

"You look like shit Gibbs." A big burly State Patrolman wandered over and looked down at the man on the backboard.

"I've been better Cadwallader."

The Statie chuckled, "You've looked better too." There was an easy familiarity between the two men that raised Tony's hackles. Corpsman came over and began to lift Gibbs, Tony and the Statie helping to get the injured man into the ambulance.

"Take care Jethro, don't play in any more traffic."

"Funny guy. Hey Cad, check out the north side of the highway. I think there may be some more stuff over there."

"You got it. I'll hand it off to the pretty brunette."

Gibbs looked confused, "I think Tony's coming in the ambulance with me." There were chuckles and Gibbs realized what he'd said, "Oh, you meant Agent Todd." Cadwallader laughed again and waved goodbye, heading to the correct brunette.

Tony shook his head and crawled into the ambulance, "You musta bumped your head hard Boss, calling me pretty."

The door slammed shut and the corpsman got up front. Gibbs gave Tony a look, "I meant the brunette part DiNozzo. Really." He felt Tony take his free hand again and he gently squeezed it, but was surprised when the younger man didn't react to the teasing.

"You ok DiNozzo?"

"Me? I'm good. I only ~watched~ you get hit by the car. You actually ~did~ the stunt." His tone was flippant but Gibbs could hear the strain in the younger man's voice.

"You warned me. If I hadn't turned I probably would've been hit full on and not be in as good of shape as I am now." Gibbs said gently. The pain in Tony's eyes was suddenly starting to make sense.

Tony shook his head, "She was yacking on the phone and blew right by the Statie. I could see her eyes when she saw you and all that I could do was stand there. I was like a fucking statue." There was so much guilt in Tony's voice it made Gibbs squeeze his hand tightly, "Knock it off DiNozzo! It. Was. My. Fault." He enunciated. "Jesus, a six year old looks both ways before crossing the street but I was distracted by the evidence that I'd found." He held Tony's eyes to let him know that he knew what was going on in the younger man's head.

They felt the ambulance begin to slow and turn and Tony twined Gibbs fingers with his for a moment before releasing them, "You want me to call anyone Boss?"

"God no, just what I don't need, three weeping ex-wives. Ducky has my medical power of attorney and he's going to be there anyway."

Tony chuckled, then jumped out when the doors were swung open. He stayed out of the way while the corpsman did their job. Ducky was waiting as they walked inside, "They're going to check him over and get him settled Anthony. Take my keys and drive over to Jethro's house and get some underwear, socks and his shower kit and bring them back here." He ordered.

Tony saluted cheerfully, "You got it Ducky." He had his own key to Gibb's place so it wasn't a problem.

Gibbs was already in his room, fighting the pain meds when there was a louder than normal conversation in the hallway and then a smug looking DiNozzo carrying a gym bag came into his room. "What was all that noise DiNozzo?"

"They weren't gonna let me in."

Gibbs raised an eyebrow and Tony shrugged, "I won." He held up the bag, "Clean boxers, socks, your shaving kit and a comb."

"What? No chocolate?" Gibbs sniped, absurdly pleased.

Tony rolled his eyes, "If you were a chick, maybe. For you I got a woodworking magazine and some really good bourbon." Gibbs eyes lit up at the mention of the bourbon.

"Sorry, couldn't smuggle it in here. You have to have something to look forward to." Tony grinned at the look of disappointment then turned and set the bag inside of the closet, "So, what's the damage?"

"Broken arm, sprained knee, cracked ribs," Gibbs grimaced, "and I bit my cheek."

Tony winced, "I ~hate~ when I do that."

"Hurts like fuck." Gibbs agreed. This made Tony chuckle, the pain meds were loosening his Boss's tongue.

A young female Lieutenant swept into the room, "And how are we doing Agent Gibbs?" she asked cheerfully, flipping through his chart. Her brown eyes flirted with Tony and made Gibbs scowl.

"I'm fine. Let me go home."

"Now, now. Don't you like us?" she asked coquettishly.

"No."

Tony smothered another chuckle, he liked this side of Gibbs. He actually liked pretty much all of his Boss's sides, the grumpy one, the intelligent one, the snarky 'I haven't had my coffee, cross me at your peril' side. He liked them all, probably a little more than he should.

The Lieutenant spun on her heel and swept out in a snit.

"That wasn't very nice." He observed, getting up to gently adjust the pillow behind Gibbs head.

"I got hit by a car, I don't have to be nice." Gibbs said righteously.

The men's amused eyes met, then the long look turned to something more serious, more personal. It was interrupted by Ducky's entrance, "Anthony, I see you made it back in one piece. I take it that my primary mode of transportation did as well?" He'd noticed the tension between the two men long before now and was pleased to see things moving merrily along.

"Not a scratch Ducky." Tony said proudly, handing him back the keys.

"Good lad." He turned to Gibbs, "You do know that they want to keep you for observation overnight?"

"Yeah. Can I sign out AMA (against medical advice)?"

"No Jethro, you may not. Tomorrow will come soon enough."

"Can I ask about the case then?" he asked sulkily.

"Of course." Ducky said, and the three men were talking about what had been found so far when the door opened and the Lieutenant came back in and frowned, "Visiting hours are over gentleman. You'll need to leave."

Tony shook his head, "No, I'm sorry but I'm staying until he gets settled for the night. You go ahead Ducky."

The Lieutenant bit her lip, not sure how to handle this intransigent civilian but then the Doctor, a bull Colonel walked in.

"Gunny, long time no see."

"Colonel Jeffries Sir, how are you?" Gibbs asked, pleased to see the doctor he'd met when he'd been injured overseas.

"You know how it is, can't keep an old Marine down." He turned to Ducky, "How are you Dr. Mallard?" and the two doctors shook hands. "Colonel, this is our colleague Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo." Ducky said.

"Pleased to meet you Sir." Tony shook the offered hand.

"You too son."

The Doctor checked Gibb's over carefully, then nodded, "You were a very lucky man Gunny. I understand that you were hit by a car."

Gibb's eyes met Tony's, "Yes Sir, I was very lucky." A 'See? I told you so,' in his expression.

The Lieutenant decided that she had the Colonel's eagles on her side now, "Well Agent DiNozzo, visiting hours are over."

Tony looked at her, "And I told you that I'm not leaving until I get my Boss settled for the night Lieutenant." He replied unpleasantly.

The Colonel looked at Gibbs for a moment then swung his gaze to DiNozzo. "Agent DiNozzo, you can't stay the night, but we'll let you stay until 2200 hours, fair?"

"Yes Sir." Tony said. It wasn't a victory but the war hadn't been lost either.

"You need to get rest too so you can go to work tomorrow anyway, DiNozzo." Gibbs added.

Tony sighed, "Yes Boss."

After everyone left Gibbs undid his i.v., then swung his legs over, the hospital gown flashing his colorfully bruised back and ass toward Tony, "Um, whoa boss. Whatcha doin'?"

Gibbs gave an impatient sigh, "I've got to piss DiNozzo. Give me a hand would ya?"

Tony moved around the bed and supported him carefully to the bathroom, "Aren't you suppose to call the nurse and use a bedpan?"

There was a glare from the injured party and Tony chuckled, "Oh sorry. Ex-Marines don't do bedpans."

"Damn straight."

After Gibbs disappeared inside the bathroom Tony dug a pair of boxers and some socks out of the gym bag and waited for his bullheaded Boss to finish. After a few minutes the door opened back up and an exhausted Gibbs was sagging in the doorway. Tony helped him back over to sit on the side of the bed, "Here, let's get these on so you're not showing your technicolor backside to everyone."

He knelt at Gibbs feet and slipped his feet into the boxers then began to pull them up over the hairy muscular calves toward the thighs. A quiet gasp made his head come up, his face level with Gibb's awakening erection. Tony was breathless for a moment, then he looked up into Gibbs face, "Boss?" he whispered. Gibbs eyes were dark with desire but he resolutely shook his head and Tony smiled wryly and continued to pull the boxers up. He helped Gibbs ease up, then slid them the rest of the way on, sneaking a caress of the older man's ass and getting a gentle cuff on the back of his head for his pains. Tony knelt back down and put on the cotton socks, then got the older man settled in the bed.

He gently brushed the hair off of Gibbs forehead, "Get some rest Boss."

Gibbs caught Tony's hand in his and pulled it to his chest, "Go to work tomorrow."

"You sure?" There was a vulnerable look in the younger man's eyes that Gibbs wanted to wipe away.

"Positive. I'm getting out of here and heading straight home and going to sleep. Help Cait, Abby and Ducky for me."

Tony leaned forward, his eyes intent on Gibbs as he brushed their lips together. The sound of the door rattling made him step back and instead he was messing with the pillow when the corpsman came in, "Sir, it's 2200."

"Yeah, yeah." Tony said. He threw a quick smile to the man in the hospital bed, "See you tomorrow Boss."

"Tomorrow." Gibbs echoed, feeling suddenly bereft as the door closed behind the younger man. The corpsman checked Gibbs' vitals, turned down the lights and left the room. It was going to be a long night.




part 2

The next day Gibbs was crashed on his couch, the pain meds having knocked him out when his phone rang. He grunted and moved to answer the phone, the pain reminding him that he'd been hit by a car, "Gibbs."

"Hey Boss. I'll bet you're feeling like crap today."

Gibbs smiled, "I feel like I was run over by an elephant."

"A green one." Teased the younger man.

Gibbs chuckled, "How's the case coming?"

Tony dived into the case, discussing what Ducky and Abby had discovered so far. After awhile the two men fell silent, then Gibbs blurted, "Come over tonight."

The younger man sat up at his desk, "Are you sure? I mean..." he trailed off uncertainly, glancing around the office.

"I mean it DiNozzo. How about 1800?"

"I'll be there." Tony promised.

"Cool." The two men hung up, both with smiles on their faces.

~*~*~

Tony knocked on Gibbs door at 1800. He cocked his head and knocked again before using his key and letting himself in. After closing the door, he moved into the living room and smiled. Gibbs was sleeping on the leather couch, the bottle of pills and an empty glass on the coffee table. He looked younger, more vulnerable as he lay there, the cast resting on his chest, a lock of hair brushing his forehead.

Gibbs woke to the feeling of a kiss being pressed to his lips. Opening his eyes he smiled as he saw Tony's handsome face. "Hey, it's 1800 already?" he asked groggily.

"Yep, I knocked but when you didn't answer I used my key. And here you were, just like Sleeping Beauty."

This made Gibbs roll his eyes, "Puh-lease."

Tony laughed and knelt on the floor, "So, more pain this afternoon?"

"A little. The pain meds have taken the edge off."

"Can I see?"

Gibbs made a face and gingerly sat up with Tony's help. He lifted his arms and let Tony pulled off the t-shirt, abruptly thinking that it might not have been such a good idea when he saw Tony's face.

"I almost lost you." Tony whispered brokenly.

"Nah, I'm a hard-headed gunny, it takes more than a car to take me out." Gibbs cupped Tony's face and made him look him in the eyes, "I'm ok. You didn't lose me, and I found you."

Tony pressed a kiss into the palm cupping his face, then moved back from Gibb's hand and faced the older man away from him. Gibbs felt a gentle kiss pressed to his back, "I'm not," another kiss, "going to waste," a kiss on his bruised ribs, "anymore time," Gibbs was gently turned back and a kiss was pressed to his chest, "away from you." And then their lips met. Gibbs opened his mouth and felt Tony's tongue gently stroking his, and then they deepened it. His cock was hard just from the kisses and he wished that he didn't hurt so much so he could take Tony to bed.

He pulled back, "Tony."

Eyes dark with passion opened to him and he almost forgot all of his pain, but when he moved to kiss the younger man again he hissed in a breath as his ribs reminded him, "Shit, I want to make love to you."

"Let's take it slow, ok?" Tony ran gentle fingers through Gibb's graying chest hair, "I think the anticipation will make it all the sweeter."

Gibbs adjusted his cock awkwardly in his pants, "Sweeter hell, it'll be hotter."

He enjoyed the flash of desire in Tony's eyes. "Stop teasing me Boss."

"I'm not your Boss here. My name is Jethro." Gibbs said huskily.

"Stop teasing me, Jethro." Tony's own voice was deeper, quieter.

"Oh baby, I'm not teasing." Gibbs promised.

Tony abruptly got up and sucked in a deep breath, "Ok, how about I order in pizza for dinner. Get our minds on something else."

A smug smile crossed Gibb's face, "Pizza's good, but keep it simple would you? Those Chicago style ones that you're so fond of are not healthy for someone my age."

"What a load of crap." Tony scoffed and headed for the phone to order their dinner.

Gibbs carefully slid the t-shirt back on and leaned back to watch Tony gracefully move about his living room as he talked on the phone. He couldn't wait to explore all of those lean muscles, and feel himself inside of that tight ass. A quirked eyebrow in his direction made him smile, Tony had caught him ogling.

Putting the phone down Tony walked back over to the couch and gracefully settled himself beside Gibbs, "So, need a painkiller?"

"Um, no. Not right now anyway." He settled back with a grimace, knowing the Tony's alert eyes were on his every move. "Relax DiNozzo."

Tony smiled wryly, "Hovering am I?"

"Just a bit." He grinned.

After a relaxed evening Tony settled Gibbs in, then reluctantly left, "If you need anything."

Gibbs had smiled wolfishly, "I'll let you know DiNozzo. Trust me."

"I do Boss."

*

The next morning Tony was not even surprised when the elevator at NCIS opened and Gibbs limped in, his usual cup of coffee in his right hand while his left was in it's sling.

"Hello Gibbs." Cait said in surprise.

"Gee, I'm pretty sure that the Colonel meant for you to have the rest of the week off Boss." He said tartly, getting up to check on Gibbs personally.

Gibbs let the younger man take the coffee cup and help him to his desk without a murmur of complaint. It had been stupid to come into work but he'd never admit it. "Just wanted to check on the case." He said, trying to buffalo the younger agent.

"You're a control freak Boss." Tony said without heat, heading back to his desk with an exasperated headshake.

Gibbs smiled complacently, then panicked when he saw Tony pick up the phone, "Don't do it DiNozzo!"

Caitlin watched, puzzled, as Gibbs scowled when Tony spoke into the phone, "Hey Ducky, can you come up here for a minute? I have a question on the body. No, I really need you to come up in person." There was silence then Tony laughed, "You know him too well. Yeah, he's at his desk. Thanks Ducky." He threw a brilliant smile at Gibbs, "You're in so much trouble!" he sing songed. Cait had to hide a smile at the look on Gibbs face.

"Same goes DiNozzo." Gibbs growled back.

The elevator doors chimed and Ducky marched out, "Jethro. By my calculations you had three more days of medical leave to wallow in the luxury of your hearth and home. Why are you here?" He asked severely.

"I was bored Ducky." He was abashed to hear the slight edge of a whine in the words.

Ducky sighed, "You are undoubtedly the most stubborn man that I have ever had the misfortune to know." He looked over at Tony who only shrugged agreement.

"Very well Jethro, you may stay a half a day, but then young Anthony drives you home."

"Thanks Ducky. Cait, fill me in." He ordered. The day snapped into focus, Gibbs digging into the case, adding his input and making suggestions for avenues for his team to follow. He even reluctantly told them that they were doing a good job. "Not that I expected any less." Cait and Tony rolled their eyes at each other.

By noon everyone could see that Gibb's energy was flagging and Tony stood, "Come on Boss, time to go home."

Gibbs looked up from the report he was reading, looking at Tony over his reading glasses, "I'm about finished."

"Yes you are Boss. Put the report down and I won't have to hurt you." He stood there, hands on his hips and Gibbs sighed and rubbed his eyes, "You got me DiNozzo."

"Don't I know it."

The drive home was quiet, Gibbs eyes closed as he rested in the passenger seat. "I'm gonna have someone drop off your car." Tony said suddenly but Gibbs only smiled, "In a couple of days you'll stay the night then we'll drive in together."

Tony shivered in expectation, "Works for me."

He helped Gibbs inside, then walked over to the kitchen, poured some water into a glass and got a pain pill. Gibbs went to the bathroom then pulled off the sling, toeing off his shoes before sitting on the side of the bed. He gratefully took the pill, drank the water then laid down, "This feels good." He sighed.

Tony bent down and sweetly kissed him, "Rest Boss. You want me to come over tonight?"

"Mm. Please." Gibbs said sleepily, lifting his hand to cup Tony behind the head and pulled him closer for longer kisses. After a bit he looked into Tony's eyes, "Soon DiNozzo."

Tony fussed with Gibb's cast, then rubbed the older man's cheek with his thumb, "Soon." He promised back. He drove back to the office, parked Gibb's truck and headed back upstairs to go to work.

It took two more days and the case was solved. It was later that afternoon, Tony was preparing to head to Gibb's house when the Director walked in, "Agent DiNozzo."

Tony stood, "Yes Sir."

"You and Agent Todd are flying out to the U.S.S. Harry Truman. One of the airedales was blown off of the flight deck, but another crewmember says it was a murder."

"Airedales?" Caitlin asked, her face puzzled by the unfamiliar term.

"It's a nickname for the crews that work on the flight deck." Tony explained.

The Director smiled, "You'll be leaving in an hour." He handed them the report.

"Yes Sir." They chorused and the director left. Tony immediately went to the phone and dialed.

"Gibbs."

"Hey Boss, we have a new assignment."

Gibbs slid off his reading glasses, "Where?"

"An airedale was blown off the Truman's deck, but one of his shipmates claims it was murder."

"They find the body?"

"Yeah, it's on its way even as we speak."

Gibbs nodded, "Be careful if you're going to be on the flight deck Tony. People do get blown off even just by accident."

Tony smiled, "We'll be careful Boss. We've done this before."

"You know what I meant." Gibbs said quietly and he could hear Tony clear his throat slightly, "Yeah, I know what you meant. See ya soon Boss."

~*~*~

When they'd arrived onboard the Truman it was discovered that the murder accusation had been sent anonymously by shipboard e-mail, there was no one specific to interview. So now Caitlin was busy with the onboard computers, trying to track down where it had originated from while Tony started interviewing the airman's close and personal friends.

Later that night Cait and Tony were shown to their quarters, and Tony sighed with relief as he lay down. It had been a long day of interviews and slogging through personnel files and it felt like they were treading water. So far it seemed like the Flight Officer had been correct. It was just a tragic accident. His phone rang and then his computer link beeped and Tony cursed and opened the computer, "Yeah Abby, whatcha got for me?"

Abyy grinned, "How's shipboard life treating you Tony?"

He yawned again, then grinned, "Let me go wake up Cait." He slid on a t-shirt and popped to the next door and beat on it. Cait opened it, clad in shorts and a Secret Service t-shirt and glared, "I thought we were going to sleep!"

"Abby's online." Her scowl cleared and she followed him to his quarters.

"Hey Abby, Ducky." Cait greeted the coroner who'd just entered the lab.

"Caitlin, Anthony, sorry to keep you up but here is what I've found. Airman Michael's was injected with morphine. He couldn't have fought off a kitten, much less the blast from a jet's afterburners."

"Why wasn't he unconscious?" Tony asked in puzzlement.

"Morphine in different doses does different things to ones body. Also, the airman had been drinking copious amounts of coffee and that affected the drugs abilities on his metabolism as well."

Cait shook her head, "So it was murder."

"It wasn't a lethal dose but it did contribute to his death."

Tony frowned thoughtfully, "Anything else?"

Abby nodded, "There was just a little bit of skin under his fingernails. Ducky gave me a sample and I'm running DNA on it. We'll let you know what we find."

"Ok, thanks Abs. Ducky, how's the Boss?" Tony asked anxiously.

"He's doing very well Anthony. I'll be sure to let him know that you asked."

"Thanks, good night you guys." And he terminated the connection. Cait stretched and sighed, "See you early in the morning Tony." And she left his quarters.

~^~^

Gibbs was feeling about a thousand percent better and he'd badgered Ducky to drive him into work that morning. He was going over the case reports from the previous murder when he looked up at around the office and sighed. It was too quiet with Cait and DiNozzo gone. Plus, he missed Tony on a purely personal level.



PART 3

Cait was walking with the Chief Master at Arms McAdams when she noticed the scratches on his forearms, "So Chief, what happened to your arms?"

He looked down at them, "Freak accident." And he left it at that. The very vagueness of his answer started alarm bells ringing in her head and she filed it away to ruminate on later. They were headed to a berthing section where the other airedales bunked so she could check the computer.

"Female on deck!" McAdams barked and there was a mad scramble behind the partially closed hatch. After a few minutes of clothes rustling, crashes from lockers and mild cursing there was a 'Clear!' and the Chief pushed the door open.

Cait smiled at the very young men in their dungarees or sweats, "Hello gentleman, I'm Agent Caitlin Todd from NCIS and I'll be checking out your computer." She turned to the Chief, "You can go, I certainly don't need anyone holding my hand."

He looked visibly conflicted but turned and left. She opened up her case and pulled out a cable, attaching it to the berthing computer and began to type rapidly. She’d call a name and the man would talk to her briefly, then go back to what they were doing. When it seemed like she was going to be occupied the men began to relax and start to talk again, some pulling out cards and starting an impromptu poker game. After about a half-hour, one of the young man came back and sat in the empty seat across from her, "Ma’am, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." She nodded as she typed.

"What's gonna happen to whoever killed Michaels?"

Caitlin stopped typing and regarded the young man thoughtfully, "That's up to the courts. Our investigation will come to bear on whether it was an accident or murder."

"I know who did it." He said. There was silence from his berth mates as they all turned as one to stare at him.

Cait walked to the door and gestured to the other men, "I'll give you all a dollar if you each head to the game room. And don't talk about what's been said." The men grinned and as each passed by Cait handed them a dollar bill. When the last man was gone she locked the door. "Ok, you have my attention now."


He ducked his head, "I knew that Michael's had accidentally seen something. He told me about it. Then the next thing I knew he was dead. He was supposed to be off duty, he'd never endanger the crew or the pilots by wandering the flight deck." He looked into her eyes, "He said he'd seen Chief McAdams raping of the newbies on board. Then the kid committed suicide."

"Dear God." Caitlin breathed. "Why didn’t you say something before?" Then she waved a hand, she knew why. It would be hard for someone to prove the allegations against an upstanding member of the military law enforcement community. She looked at the frightened young man, "I want you to come with me to personnel then you go make yourself scarce until 1900."

The kid jumped up, then turned with a smile, "Can I have a dollar?"

Cait laughed and fished another dollar out of her pocket, resolving to mooch some money off of Tony so she could buy a Truman baseball cap before they left the ship. She headed to personnel, not knowing that the Chief was following them. After the young man had written the name down, she briefly reassured him and sent him on his way then came back to Tony and handed him two folders, "Meet me in your quarters in 15 minutes."

Tony kept the folders close to him, no names showing as he opened the door to his quarters. He hadn't heard Cait's reason for them yet, but knew she had one. His computer beeped and he opened it up to see a smiling Abby and Gibbs. "Hey Abby, Boss!"

Gibbs eyes drank in the smile of the man that he'd unwittingly fallen in love with, "DiNozzo. We have the results for you."

The time lag on the connection worked against them. A knock at the door made Tony glance over, "Just a minute Boss, that should be Cait." He folded the lid down slightly just in case and answered the door.

Gibbs and Abby had heard Tony say it was Cait at the door, then watched him close the computer slightly and head for the door. They could still see and hear clearly, after a minute they heard the words, "Chief McAdams, what can I do for you?"

"Gibbs!" Abby gasped, it was the name of their suspect. Ducky came in and saw the shock on their faces and moved up beside them in time to witness the Chief snarl and pull out a syringe.

Tony saw the syringe and jumped back, but the metal chair caught his legs and he went down. He saw the flash of the needle, felt it graze him and the liquid drip coldly down his arm. He slugged the angry man at the same time he felt the needle pierce his arm and the burn of something enter him.

The Chief had flown back with the blow, hitting his head hard on a piece of the metal bulkhead and slithered down the to floor unconscious.

"Tony!" Gibbs yelled. They'd seen Tony go down with the Chief over him, then the Chief flew back and hit the wall with a resounding clank. "Anthony DiNozzo answer me!"

Tony could hear the man he loved, his voice frantic and fought the drug swimming through his system and opened his eyes, "Boss?"

Gibbs almost cried out with relief, "Yeah Tony, get to the phone. Call Caitlin! Get the corpsman in there." There was silence and he tried again, "Tony! We have a date goddamnit! Get to the damn phone!" He ignored the startled look he got from Abby, and the smug one from Ducky. Abby ran to her phone to see if she could connect with the Truman and get Tony some help faster.

Tony sat up dizzily then started in surprise when his door opened.

"Ohmygod! Tony!" Cait said and she fell onto her knees beside him, "Are you ok?"

"Cait? Where's the Boss?" he looked around in confusion, he knew that he'd heard him. Confused herself, Caitlin looked over at the Chief and saw the syringe by his fingers and spat a curse, then moved over to roll the man on his stomach and handcuff him.

"Agent Todd!" she heard Gibbs voice and looked to see the computer partially open. She opened it, "Hey Gibbs, Ducky, it’s ok, Tony's conscious."

"Thank God." Ducky murmured, "Caitlin my dear, we think that Anthony was injected with something, possibly morphine. You need to get him to sickbay right away." They watched her nod and pick up the phone to get the corpsman, then call the Officer of the Watch to have someone pick up the Chief.

~^~^~

Gibbs impatiently paced back and forth in his house, waiting for Tony to arrive. After watching for a dizzying few minutes Ducky sighed, "Jethro, he's fine, not even a concussion."

"I'll believe it when I see him for myself." Gibbs said flatly. His knee twinged slightly but he ignored it, spinning around when he heard a truck pull into the driveway. The door opened and Tony was there, his face breaking into a smile when he saw Gibbs. "Hey Boss."

Gibbs froze, then swept forward and engulfed Tony in a hug. His cast was in the way, but they were pressed as close as physically possible, taking comfort from each other. "Are you ok?" They asked simultaneously, then they both laughed. "I'm fine Boss, the other guy has the concussion, remember?"

Gibbs eyes were haunted, it had come out during the final part of the investigation that the dose of morphine that had been in the syringe had been a lethal one. Lots of luck had come into play, that and Tony's excellent reflexes. "Knowing what happened is not the same as having had to watch someone try to kill you up close."

Tony sighed, "Been there, done that, ~have~ the t-shirt." He turned his face slightly and kissed Gibb's cheek, "Missed you." He looked over Gibb's shoulder at Ducky who smiled and said, "I deliver my charge safe and sound into your arms Anthony."

"Thanks Ducky."

"He was no more trouble than usual." Ducky smiled at Gibbs snort. "I'll see you Monday gentleman." And he let himself out.

Tony tilted Gibbs face up slightly and kissed him hard, then gentled it, sliding his tongue over his soon to be lovers lips which opened for him. He could feel Gibbs heart pounding and knew that his was pounding as well. "Let's go to your room." He whispered, looking into the passion darkened blue eyes of the older man.

Once there they quickly undressed each other, the kisses growing increasingly desperate. As Tony slid Gibb's shirt off he stopped, shaking his head. "Well, I see we've gotten to the icky yellow bruise stage."

Gibbs chuckled, "And they feel much better so don't treat me like a piece of glass."

Tony took him at his word and swooped in for another kiss, then trailed his mouth over Gibbs neck, licking and kissing his way down his chest, enjoying the low moans. He swiped over one nipple that was nestled in the soft chest hair, before nuzzling then nipping and sucking the other.

"Ohgod." Gibbs exhaled sharply, his body showing his obvious appreciation for Tony's talents. He could feel the waistband of his trousers and boxers being pushed down, then the long low hum of appreciation.

"God Jethro, you have a fucking beautiful cock." Tony said, wrapping his fist around its considerable girth and his tongue around the head. He looked up and enjoyed the sight of the older man, tension in the line of his body as he arched into his touch, his eyes tightly closed, a needy moan heard.

Tony concentrated on his task of giving the man maximum pleasure, his tongue sliding into the slit, tasting the pre-cum and making Gibbs shudder, "Tony, I'm gonna fall." He said, his voice almost breathless. After a final suck, Tony stood and gently pushed Gibbs onto the bed, sliding off his trousers and boxers, then his socks before arranging his soon to be lover on the bed. Gibbs was older but still in awesome shape, his arms muscular, his broad chest covered with soft grey hair, tapering over a flat stomach to his impressive cock.

"Like what you see?" Gibbs asked, enjoying the obvious admiration from the younger man. He was vain enough to have worried about what Tony would think of what he looked like.

Tony finished undressing and stroked his own erect cock, "What do you think Jethro?"

"I think that you better get over here, I've waited long enough." Was the impatient demand.

"All right, all right. Hold your horses." Tony said good-naturedly. He looked around, then cocked his head toward Gibbs, "Lube?"

Gibbs tightened with expectation, "Underneath the pillow."

Tony straddled Gibbs nuzzling and kissing his way down, lips brushing the leaking cock, startling a grunt out of Gibbs. He reached one hand up and found the lube then sat up, squirted some in his fingers, smiling at Gibb's groan, began to prepare himself.

"Wait, I thought..." Gibbs protested but Tony gently touched on Gibbs lips with his free hand, "It'll be easier for you this way. We'll try everything else later, I promise." He stretched himself quickly, felt Gibbs take a shuddering sigh as he used the lube to slick up his cock, then he lifted himself over and Gibbs guided him one handed to the head of his cock, "Are you sure?"

Tony lowered himself, felt the head breech him and moaned, "Yeeeesss." He held still, shaking slightly as his body adjusted to the welcome invader.

Gibbs watched with awe and desire as Tony, muscles bunched and gleaming with sweat, slowly, slowly lowered himself, the muscles melting around his cock until the younger man was impaled on him completely. He held himself still, trying to gather the tattered threads of his self control.

"Feels so good." Tony moaned, his eyes opening to see Gibbs face, his eyes swimming with undefinable emotion.

Gibbs lifted his right hand and rested it on Tony's heart, "You do know that I love you, right?"

Tony knew what was in his own heart, but to hear the man that he loved vocally affirm what he'd only dreamt of hearing, "I love you more that I can say." He replied huskily. The light in Gibbs eyes made him carefully lean forward and capture the older man's mouth in a kiss so deep and sweet that it rocked them both.

"Make love to me Tony." Gibbs whispered against his lips and Tony nodded and began to move over him. He watched the younger man's face as he lifted his own hips to thrust into the tightest, hottest most pleasurable place he could be. He loved it when Tony threw his head back, his sweat soaked bangs clinging to his forehead as he worried his bottom lip between his teeth.

He could feel Gibbs cock brush over his prostate as he lowered himself at the same time Gibbs thrust up, the shooting sensational pleasure sweeping through him, bringing him closer to completion, making him moan long and low. Then the feel of Gibb's hand wrapping around his sensitive cock made him shudder, "Oh god, ohgod, yes!" he felt himself stroked hard once, twice, it made his hips jerk, Gibbs cock slid hard against his prostate and he came. Over the mindless pleasure he could feel the come pulsing into the air to land wetly on Gibbs chest, the rest being pulled relentlessly out to pearl over Gibbs fist.

Gibbs could feel the smooth steel clamp onto his own cock and was lost, his hips frantically pumping up into Tony's ass as he roared his completion. After a long moment, Tony carefully moved off of him and they lay quivering side by side, gasping for breath as they slowly came back to themselves. Gibbs felt his fingers twined tightly with his lover's, and smiled, "Love you."

Tony rolled on his side, propping his head up with one hand so he could see the man he'd just made love to. "Love you too." He nuzzled the damp gray hair at the older man's temple, then pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Wow."

Gibbs eyes were slowly closing as he succumbed to sleep, "Mmmm."

Smiling fondly, Tony slid his fingers out of Gibb's relaxed grasp and got up and went to the bathroom to clean up, then got a washcloth and came out, gently cleaning the sleeping man up before snuggling beside him and sliding into sleep.

~^~^~

Gibbs woke up at 0530 as usual, a response deeply engrained by the Corps. A warm body beside him made him look over and smile. Tony was lying on his stomach, a hand limp between them, handsome face turned towards him. As if aware that he was being watched, Tony's eyes opened, and a warm smile graced his face, "Hey."

"Hey yourself. Are you ok?" Gibbs asked and grinned as the sweep of pink touched Tony's face.

"I'm a little sore, but it's good." He reflexively clenched his ass cheeks and Gibb's eyes noticed and darkened with desire.

Tony smiled smugly, and was about to do something about it when Gibbs' phone rang. He was about to answer it when he remembered it wasn't his place. He looked at his lover who shrugged, "Go ahead, it's probably work."

Tony picked up the handset, "Hello?"

"Jethro you bastard! How could you do this..." and Tony winced, handing the cordless phone to Gibbs, "It's for you."

Gibbs grimaced and took the phone, "Why are you calling at almost 0600?" he barked and the volume on the side went down considerably. He listened for a moment to the loud spill of words and he sighed, "We're divorced, remember? No one called you because it's none of your damned business." There was a pause, and he handed the phone over to Tony, the woman still talking, "Hang it up babe."

Tony did and shook his head, "One of the ex's find out that you played in traffic?"

Gibb's chuckled, "I think she wanted to play Florence Nightingale. Too bad that someone else got here first." He leered at Tony who lay back on the bed and laughed.

"Oh Jethro, you bastard. Ok, we're even, I called you Sleeping Beauty, you called me Florence Nightingale. I give, uncle!" He held up his hands and chuckled again as Gibb's snorted a laugh.

Tony got up and stretched, preening a little as Gibbs growled. "How about I make breakfast?" He moved out of reach of Gibb’s questing hand with a laugh.

Gibbs settled himself against the pillows gingerly, then patted the space beside him, "I want to talk for a minute."

"Um, why?" Tony asked, his heart quailing suddenly.

"Relax DiNozzo, it’s nothing bad. Sit."

Tony sat, twining their fingers together for comfort as he watched Gibbs visibly decide what to say. "What Jethro?"

"I want this to work DiNozzo. Tony." His blue eyes smiled apology, "It’s gonna be tough, but I want you by my side all of the time, here and at work. We’re both professionals and can make it work, can’t we?" This last part was a plea.

Ridiculously happy, Tony sighed, "Do you know when I realized that I loved you? That it was more than just professional hero worship?"

"Oh Tony, I don’t really.." Gibbs began.

"Shut up."

Gibbs shut up.

Tony smiled sunnily, "Wow!" then grunted when Gibb’s elbowed him, "Sorry." He laughed, then he got serious, "It was when I could see that car coming straight at you, and realized that I might not ever see you alive again. It hit me like a speed of light that life is too short. Too short to be afraid of going after what you want, too short to be unhappy." He looked into Gibb’s blue eyes, "You make me happy Jethro Gibbs, and I promise that I’ll be professional at work, and passionate at home."

The sound of this vow made Gibb’s heart hurt with the wonder of it that this handsome, smart man would be so articulate, so free about how he felt, about him! An old, gray, ex-Marine with not much to offer but the complications of 3 ex-wives and the carcass of a boat in his basement.

"I love you too Anthony DiNozzo." He said simply. And that was all that Tony needed, he crawled back onto the bed and made slow, sweet love as a promise to the man he’d almost lost, but found instead.


END