Title: Operation Woo DiNozzo

Author: Bj Jones

solokid1@yahoo.com

Rating: Okay my rating estimates suck - I think PG 13 but could be R I don’t know!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from NCIS, they belong to CBS and the man who created and produces the show. I’m just borrowing them and promise to give them back as soon as I’m done with them… Though I wouldn’t mind keep DiNozzo for a few, but I don’t think Gibbs would appreciate it.

Summary: Gibbs sets out to woo DiNozzo

Pairing: DiNozzo/Gibbs

Authors Note: Sequel to Reaching Out

Archive: Just let me know where


Operation Woo DiNozzo
By Bj Jones
~*~*~*~*~*~*~


It had been a few weeks since, the infamous ‘phone conversation’ or at least that’s what Gibbs has labeled it in his mind. Tony was now back to work, on light duty, mostly paper work and light fieldwork. Gibbs tried to ignore Ducky’s looks and innuendos every time the ME was around, but it was getting more difficult with time. As he wrote his report and filed
more paperwork than he could imagine he could hear Kate and Tony bantering back and forth. The two had bonded, over the incident, creating a very strong working team.

“So, Mr. Do-gooder, any damsels in distress needing rescuing?” Kate grinned over at Tony.

“Not at the moment, but I have my white stallion parked out front, just in case.” Tony snipped back. “Miss Todd, did you enjoy ripping the balls off those bouncers, I always knew there was a sadistic streak running through you.”

Kate looked up and gave him an evil grin, “Just remember, DiNozzo, don’t piss me off.”

“Duly noted,” Tony turned back to his paperwork.

“Okay, children stop sniping and get back to work.” Gibbs interrupted the two siblings, “And DiNozzo, no more rescuing without backup.”

“Yeah, DiNozzo make sure you take your trusty side kick with you next time.” Kate laughed, glancing over at Gibbs then at Tony.

“I’m no one’s side kick Agent Todd,” Gibbs glared at her over his coffee cup.

Tony just laughed as Kate hunched down in her chair focusing on some files. Gibbs looked over at the laughing Tony, a small smile gracing his features. Ducky was right, not that he would ever admit it openly or tell Ducky that fact, but he couldn’t live in denial anymore. These two weeks had been hell, knowing Tony felt the same, yet keeping a distance from him. Of course he couldn’t come out and just say he knew how Tony felt. So it comes down to God forbid ‘wooing’ him. He didn’t woo his wives, how the hell was he going to woo DiNozzo.

‘Jethro Gibbs, you’re a ex-marine, Gunny Sergeant in the reserves, worked at NCIS for twelve years, hell you’ve faced combat, undercover operations, and three divorce attorneys you will not be afraid of making an ass of yourself in front of one Tony DiNozzo. Hell, whom am I kidding; I don’t know the first thing about wooing. I’m not asking Ducky for help, or Abby besides I would be scared of her wooing techniques, probably along the lines of chains and handcuffs.’ Gibbs paused in his thinking; when he looked over to see Tony chatting with one of the filing clerks. A woman named Juliet if he wasn’t mistaken. “DiNozzo shouldn’t you be typing?”

Tony over at him, “Taking a small break boss.”

”Breaks over,” Gibbs glared at the girl to get back to work. Smiling to himself as she scampered away in fear. ‘Well handcuffs might not be a bad idea, keep him out of trouble. Okay, time to put Operation Woo DiNozzo into action. If I can just figure out exactly what that is.’



~Two Days Later~

Gibbs walked into the office, coffee in hand, smirk on his face. Operation Woo DiNozzo was a go. His joyous mood came to a screeching halt and the sight of Abby, Tony, and Ducky standing around Kate’s desk.

“What’s going on here,” His voice demanded an answer.

“Look, boss, Kate’s got a secret admirer,” Tony gestured towards the flowers on her desk.

“Come on, Kate, you can tell us. Who’s the new boy toy?” Abby nudged the other woman.

“I told you I don’t know,” Kate sighed. “I got to work and they were sitting here. The front desk, said that the delivery guy dropped them off, but didn’t say who they were from.”

The flowers in question were a beautiful summer arrangement of wildflowers mixed in with daisies. The vase was simple yet elegant. It didn’t look cheap, and Gibbs should know he paid for it, damn his luck. “No, note?” Gibbs asked.

“Just a card that says, and I quote ‘Your smile brightens my day.’” Tony grinned over at Kate, “I bet he works here.”

“I don’t know, you think?” Kate asked, frowning. She glanced up at Gibbs, “I know Rule #12, no dating co-workers.”

“But, if he is in a different department, he technically isn’t a co-worker.” Tony pointed out, and then proceeded to get smacked in the back of the head by Gibbs. “Is that your first cup, boss?” Answered by another swat and a glare.

“Okay, everyone back to work. Just because Agent Todd got flowers doesn’t mean we don’t have cases to solve.” Gibbs sat at his desk, growling.

“Spoilsport,” Abby muttered, loud enough for Gibbs to hear as she walked out.

“Now that’s wooing,” Ducky’s voice was barely a whisper as he passed Gibbs desk.

‘Yeah, I know,’ Gibbs thought as he glared at his computer screen. ‘I’m the one that sent them. The delivery slip said Agent DiNozzo, front desk must of screwed up and put it on Kate’s desk.’

He eyed the flowers from his desk, and had to admit Kate’s smile was beaming. At least he made her day, ‘Plan B.’



~Week Later~

Gibbs really felt like slamming his head against his desk. First, the flowers went to the wrong Agent, and when he was ready to spring plan b, take Tony to lunch at the capital to discuss ‘the investigation concerning his attack’, they got sent to a Navy Destroyer to investigate the death of a Lieutenant, who was found dead in his cabin, single gun shot to the head. The case was difficult, no one wanted to corporate or where to afraid to talk. At one point, Kate was locked in a storage room, while a few petty officers had cornered Tony. Even Gibbs had been threatened by ranking commanders, stating that the Lieutenant had committed suicide, and to leave it at that.

Gibbs being one not to threaten easily, he attacked the case like the bulldog he could be. It was Tony who found the piece to the puzzle that solved the case, in the Lieutenant’s office; a picture of the Lieutenant and another man, ‘when you’re at sea think of me’ was penciled on the back. Kate discovered that a fellow officer was avid and outspoken against gays in the military. To find out that one of his friends and fellow officer was gay, set him off, resulting in the Lieutenant’s death. He tried to make it look like a suicide, but an ensign had made an anonymous tip to the NCIS. The higher ups didn’t want the fact known, that an officer had killed a fellow officer because he was gay, hence the pour attempt at a cover-up.

Tony was quiet the whole way back, and still quiet now that they were back in the office. He finally cornered Kate in the hallway to see if she knew anything.

“I don’t know Gibbs, the case really upset him.” Kate said, looking over towards Tony’s desk.

“It’s not normal for Tony, not to bounce back,” Gibbs followed her gaze. Tony just sat at his desk, filing his report.

“You know Gibbs, it could be that he’s afraid that you might have that same military attitude…” Kate started to suggest, but was rudely cut off by Gibbs.

“I am not like that prejudice homophobe, and Tony should know me better than that.” Gibbs growled out.

“Should he? What does he know about you? You’ve never made your views clear to him.” Kate stated as she walked off, leaving Gibbs behind to think.

Gibbs grumbled to himself, ‘plan c’.



~A Day Later~

“Tony,” Gibbs said as he stepped up to Tony’s desk.

“Yes, boss?” Tony asked not looking up.

Gibbs looked around making sure the office was empty, “It’s late you should be getting home.”

“I’m almost finished, boss.” Tony looked up giving him a tired smile.

“Come on, it can wait till tomorrow. I’ll buy you a beer.” Gibbs shrugged, and then laughed at Tony’s expression as he dropped his pen.

“You, me, beer?” Tony clarified.

“Novel concept, I know. Come on power down and let’s go.” Gibbs motioned for the elevator.

Tony shook himself out of shock, powered down his computer and grabbed his coat. Just as they were heading towards their cars, both pagers went off. Gibbs cursed as he reached for his, 911 White House. He looked over at Tony’s pager, who had the same message.

Gibbs sighed, and motioned for Tony to get in his car. ‘Even the damn President is out to sabotage my mission. On to plan d.’



~Two Nights Later~

Gibbs was seriously considering forgetting the whole damn operation, and just drag Tony into the nearest closet. But, he started this whole wooing thing, and would see it through. He would just have to be more forceful.

“Tony?” Gibbs stopped the young man as he walked out of the lab heading back towards his desk.

“Yeah, boss,” Tony looked up from the files Abby had given him.

“Dinner?” Gibbs just went for the topic at hand.

“What about it?” Tony looked at him quizzically.

“Have you had it?” Gibbs asked, impatient with the situation.

“No, not yet, I wanted to get these reports from Abby before I headed out for the night.” Tony pointed at the files at hand.

“Good, lets go.” Gibbs just turned and headed for the elevator. “I’m waiting DiNozzo.”

Gibbs thought Tony looked a bit cute when he was confused. “Coming boss,” Tony ran to catch up with him.



~Restaurant~

“How are the ribs?” Gibbs asked, after ordering his dinner.

“A little stiff, but pretty much healed. I have to go in a few weeks to check my lung capacity, but basically recovered.” Tony answered, picking at the bread on the table.

“Good, and the investigation?” Gibbs sipped his water.

“They caught them, and the DA is pulling the case together. Probably have to testify in a couple of weeks at the grand jury. Not sure what to tell them, the night is still a blur.” Tony just shrugged, and then looked at Gibbs. “Why are we here?”

“What?” Gibbs hesitated just a second.

“Dinner? You’ve never had dinner with me before. Why now?” Tony asked, his voice showing his worry.

“Look, Tony, I’m not quite sure…”

“Leroy Jethro Gibbs!” A woman’s voice interrupted him. Gibbs looked up in shock to see one of his ex-wives.

“What are you doing here?” He demanded, irritated at the interruption.

“Having dinner with my fiancée,” She sniped pointing out an older gentleman in a suit, waiting by the bar.

“Good for you. Now go away.” Gibbs shooed her away.

“Oh, no Mister. I have a bone to pick with you.” She sat down at the extra chair glaring at Gibbs.

“Look, boss, I should get going. Thanks, for inviting me.” Tony got up nodded politely to the ex-Mrs Gibbs and left the restaurant.

Gibbs watched Tony leave, then turned and glared at his ex. “What the hell do you want?”



~Gibbs’s House~

It took him, an hour to get away from his ex, she was ranting on about some property he had no clue about and he really didn’t care. He was beyond pissed that the opportunity to woo, had slipped by again! It just proved to him, wooing just wasn’t his style. As far as he was concerned wooing was out. The next time he saw DiNozzo he was just going to slam him against the wall and kiss him.

He walked up to his front door, and stopped short. Tony was waiting for him, sitting on the front stoop grinning like a mad man. Gibbs just stared at him, as he stood up and walked towards him. Still didn’t move when Tony slipped his hand behind his head and pulled him closer, then all thoughts vanished, when Tony’s lips descended onto his. Gibbs slipped his own hands around Tony’s waist pulling him closer deepening the kiss. Tony shifted slightly rubbing his growing erection against him. Gibbs couldn’t help the small moan that escaped his lip, which Tony took advantage of and slipped his tongue inside tasting every part of Gibbs’s mouth.

Pulling back, but not out of Tony’s arms he looked at him, eyes questioning. “Pre-emptive strike,” Tony answered the unspoken question before claiming Gibbs lips once again.

Gibbs pulled back again, desperate for air. “What?”

Tony laughed, “For once you’re speechless. Next time you want to conduct a top secret mission to ‘woo’ me, make sure you don’t print out your tactics.”

Gibbs stepped back, looking at Tony like he was nuts, “I didn’t print anything.”

Tony eyes narrowed, as he pulled a piece of paper out of his jacket pocket. “Yeah, then what’s this?”

Gibbs grabbed the paper, “Operation Woo DiNozzo. Plan A - flowers, Plan B - lunch at the capital, Plan C - buy him a few beers. I didn’t print this, I’m not that stupid.”

Both men paused.

“Ducky!”

”Kate!”

Then turned and looked at each other.

“Ducky?”

“Kate?”

“She’s known about my feelings for you, for a while, and been bugging me to confess them to you.” Tony answered, sheepishly.

“Same with Ducky,” Gibbs grinned, the pointed towards the door. “Shall we take this inside?”

“Unless, you want to give a show to your neighbors,” Tony slid his hand down Gibbs side, only to find a resting place on the curve of Gibbs ass.

“Do you think the two conspired?” Gibbs asked as he walked up to the door.

“Probably,” Tony leaned up against Gibbs from behind nibbling on his ear. Gibbs found it a bit difficult to find the right key for the right lock. “So the flowers were for me?” Gibbs just nodded, finally getting the key into the lock and slamming the door open. “And this whole woo DiNozzo plot started, why?”

“When you confessed your love to me over the phone, laying outside a club bleeding to death.” Gibbs stated as he pulled DiNozzo into the hallway slamming the door. Then silenced Tony’s response by slamming his mouth over his, taking the advantage and finally getting to explore Tony’s mouth in detail.

Tony’s head dropped back to the wall, a moan echoing in the hall as Gibbs began kissing along his jaw, down his neck to nibble between the shoulder and collarbone. “So how much of the list is accurate?”

Gibbs stopped tasting Tony’s neck and looked up at him, “what?”

Tony smirked, his hand slipping under Gibbs shirt, leaning forward taking advantage of the distraction and began once again nibbling on Gibbs’s ear. “The list, how accurate? Cause I suggest we go to Plan F.”

Gibbs wrapped his arms around Tony’s waist, pulling him closer, rubbing his now hard member against Tony, “which is?”

“If all else fails try a frontal assault…” Tony gasped in pleasure as Gibbs hand found away into his pants.

“Which was?” Gibbs latched back onto Tony’s neck.

”Fuck him senseless,” Tony whispered into his ear, followed by a moan.

“Than I can do,” Gibbs pulled back a step, grabbing Tony’s hand and pushed him down the hall.

Tony grinned at him, pulling off his shirt and throwing it to the side. Gibbs pulled him back into his arms, kissing him passionately. “I love you.” Tony whispered when the kiss was broken.

“And I you,” Gibbs pulled him back in for another kiss.



~Morning - Two Days Later~

Gibbs walked into the office, coffee in hand, smile on his face carefully schooled not to show to much emotion, wouldn’t want to give Ducky any indication that his plan had worked. He stopped short once again, as Kate, Tony, Abby and Ducky were this time around his desk. Instead of a vase of flowers that had been on Kate’s, a single red rose, laid on top of his desk. He looked at everyone and sat down at his desk.

“Is there anything I can help you with?” He asked the crowd, “Cause I know there is a case that has to be closed, and filed.”

“Just curious, boss, I mean first Kate, now you. There’s an epidemic of secret admirers running around the building.” Tony smirked.

“So, who’s it from?” Abby asked, grinning at Gibbs.

He picked up the card, squinted, took the offered reading glasses from Tony. “No name,” He answered and set it back down.

“Jethro, what does it say?” Ducky asked, impatiently.

Gibbs tried not to smile, “That’s for me to know, and you to wonder until your dying day. Now back to work everyone.”

All of them huffed and slowly went back to their own desks. A few minutes later he looked up to see a grinning Tony. He looked back at the card. ‘I’m wooing you.’

Yes, he was.


END