Title: Fallout

Fandom: NCIS

Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo

Rating: NC-17

Spoilers: "Missing"

Author: Kat

Email: hawaiibaby81@hotmail.com

Feedback: Yes, please!

Archive: Just let me know!

Summary: Tony's reaction to Gibbs' last little joke at the end of "Missing"

Warnings: Established relationship, graphic sex, some bad language.

Disclaimers: Not mine, although I wish they were. I'm not making any money off this, leaving me once again an indigent college grad, so don't sue, please!

Notes: Thanks to Richel for the beta! This is my first NCIS fic, so let me know how I did.



Fallout
by Kat
~~~~~


Gibbs had given Tony an hour's head start before making his way to Tony's apartment, but when he let himself in, the younger man was still in the shower. Gibbs rolled his eyes as Tony's slightly out of tune voice filtered down the hall. If Tony was singing in the shower, it meant he was planning to stay awhile. Not that Gibbs blamed him, per se, just that he'd rather Tony be out here so that he could get a good look at him. Well, he'll have to come out sometime, Gibbs thought philosophically, and made himself comfortable in Tony's living room.

Tony finally shut off the shower after half an hour, reluctant to lose the warmth from the water. He'd never thought a shower could feel so good, but the dank and dirt of the sewer had felt almost ingrained upon his skin. He could still almost feel the cold cling of the sandy dirt on his face. Tony toweled off quickly, then tied the towel around his waist and opened the bathroom door, gasping involuntarily at the rush of cooler air that hit his body. Absentmindedly ruffling his hair, he stepped out towards the kitchen. He was starving. As he stepped into the hall, he felt eyes on him, and he stopped, looking up. Gibbs was sitting on the couch, eyes fixed on him.

"I wasn't sure you were going to come," Tony said. His eyebrows were raised inquisitively, and surprisingly coolly, Gibbs noted.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know... someone as 'replaceable' as I am shouldn't warrant a home visit."

Gibbs sighed, irritated. "Are you still upset about that?" Not waiting for a response, Gibbs got up off the couch and walked over to Tony, eyes running him up and down, checking for injuries.

Tony made a face. "I'm fine, boss. I told you that before."

"And I want to see for myself," Gibbs said, running a hand down Tony's back. The younger man flinched away, and Gibbs sighed again.

"It was a joke, DiNozzo."

"Yeah, well, it wasn't very funny." Tony hitched his slipping towel back around his waist and stalked off towards the kitchen. He was still hungry, damn it.

Gibbs stood where Tony had left him, watching the younger man walk away with a slightly puzzled look on his face. Tony was normally extremely good-natured about being teased, and when they were alone together, able to give as good as he had gotten. A frown crinkling his brow, he followed Tony into the kitchen. Tony was standing by the counter, a glass of milk at his elbow and the makings of a peanut butter sandwich laid out in front of him.

"Peanut butter?" Gibbs asked, amusement coloring his voice.

"I'm hungry," Tony answered without looking up. "I haven't had time to go shopping for a while, so peanut butter it is. If you're going to make fun, you can leave."

He finished making the sandwich and took a large bite. Gibbs propped his hip against the counter, the frown deepening. He waited in silence while Tony finished his sandwich, never once looking at him, and then drained the glass of milk. When Tony moved to brush past him, Gibbs grabbed his arm.

"What's really going on here, Tony?"

"Nothing," the younger man said, tugging ineffectually at his arm. "Let go."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

Tony tugged a few more times on his arm, then stood there, stonily looking away. That lasted for a few minutes, but Gibbs was far more patient than the younger agent. With a huff of irritation, Tony said,

"Fine. Ok, fine, I'll tell you. Just let go."

Gibbs dropped Tony's arm and crossed his own over his chest. He raised his eyebrows at the still-reticent younger man.

"Well?"

"I'm mad at you," Tony said.

"I gathered that. Why?"

"Because you think I'm replaceable. And by McGee, of all people!"

"DiNozzo..." Gibbs' voice had an edge of irritation to it. "We've been through this already. It was a joke."

"It wasn't a good one."

Gibbs threw up his hands in aggravation. "Well, I'm sorry. Is that what you want?"

Tony glared at him. "No. I want you to treat me like an equal member of the team, the way you treat Kate."

"You're not Kate," Gibbs said. "I'm not going to treat you like her until you start acting like her."

Tony's glare deepened. "You just don't get it, do you, Gibbs?"

"Obviously not. Please, DiNozzo, enlighten me."

"I don't mind the teasing. I know I don't act like Kate, and it works for me. So you can tease me about that all you want. But sometimes, not all the time but sometimes, I'd like a sign that you'd at least miss me if I never came back. We've been sleeping together for a while now, and you still act like it wouldn't bother you at all if I fell off the face of the earth."

"So what, you want a public display of affection when we return from an investigation?" Gibbs snapped.

"No!" Tony was almost yelling now. "No! All I want is a few words saying you're glad I'm back. You snapped at me when you saw me in the sewers, you ignored me the whole way home, and you made fun of me when we got back to the office. I don't want a hug, I just don't want McGee in my desk."

"I came looking for you in the sewers, wasn't that enough?"

Tony sighed. "That's your job. You have to do that. I just... I just wanted a sign you were worried about me, and glad I was back. But since that's obviously not going to happen, just forget about it, ok?"

Tony turned and headed towards his bedroom, shoulders slightly slumped. Gibbs watched him go, feeling slightly helpless, and even more frantic, realizing that if he let Tony leave, that could be the end of them. Tony had almost reached his doorway when Gibbs said, lowly but clearly,

"I *was* worried about you."

"Yeah, whatever," Tony said. He didn't turn around, but he stopped, which Gibbs took as a good sign. He took a few steps closer to Tony.

"Of course I was. What makes you think I wouldn't be?"

"Oh, I don't know. What do you think?"

Gibbs refused to take the bait, waiting silently until Tony glanced over his shoulder. Then he raised his eyebrows at the younger agent, and Tony sighed.

"It's been a bad week. I messed up, big time, with Voss…"

Gibbs gave him a noncommittal "yeah" at the pause after that statement. He couldn't deny Tony had made a mistake, but he wasn't particularly angry about this one… he figured Tony had been punished enough when he'd figured out who exactly he was kissing.

"And you finally let me go undercover, and I messed that up, too…"

"You didn't mess it up," Gibbs interjected sharply. "That wasn't
your fault."

"Wasn't it?" Tony asked, the bite in his tone clear. Before Gibbs could say anything further, he continued. "That damn stuff she put in my drink gave me a killer headache, and I woke up in the sewer, of all places, with a mummified Marine and one that wasn't far from that point, and I barely managed to get us out of there, and then-" Tony paused briefly for a breath, still not looking at Gibbs, who was watching him with a furrow in his brow. "Then she shot that man right in front of me, and I've seen death before, but that was… was… I dunno, and she would have shot me if you and Kate hadn't been there, and you didn't look happy to see me at all."

Something about the way Tony said the last phrase caught Gibbs' attention. Out of everything that he'd listed, the one that he seemed most concerned with was Gibbs' reaction to his return.

"I *was* glad to see you alive," Gibbs said, a little cautiously.

"Coulda fooled me," Tony snorted. "That whole time, the only person I wanted to see was you." He glanced at Gibbs over his shoulder, but quickly broke the gaze. "I thought about you the entire time. But you… You set me up!" Tony's voice was rising again with indignation. "You knew why I was asking you those questions, and instead of just giving me what I wanted - needed - you made fun of me.

"And you know? Sometimes stuff like that makes me wonder why you're even with me at all."

Gibbs stared at Tony's back, noting the slump of his shoulders and the tension visible in the tilt of his neck. He'd known the joke was a little inappropriate even as he'd done it, but it was hard to resist winding Tony up sometimes. But this… this went beyond anger at being teased. Tony was genuinely hurt by his comments, hurt enough to start questioning himself and their relationship. And that brought to the foreground something that Gibbs had never truly rationalized, even though it had always been there. He'd always known that the younger man had deep feelings for him, but he'd never truly recognized the extent of his power over Tony. It was a heady feeling, but also a scary one. He could hurt Tony in a way he'd never imagined, simply by doing little things. If he tried, he could destroy Tony, and it was that knowledge that spurred him on.
Closing the rest of the distance between them, Gibbs rested his hand on the younger man's shoulder.

"I'm with you because I want to be with you, Tony. If I haven't shown you that, it's my fault, not yours. And about this evening… my comment was out of line, and I was wrong to say that."

Tony turned around. "You were."

"Yeah," Gibbs admitted.

"Why couldn't you have just said that?"

"I don't know? Because I don't? Because we don't? Because that's not the way we work?"

"I don't want that to be the way we work," Tony said softly..

"Yeah, well..." Gibbs shrugged.

Tony shook his head, but there was a bit of a smile tugging on the corners of his mouth now. "So was it hard?"

"Was what hard?"

"Saying you were worried about me?"

"Tony..." Gibbs was thoroughly exasperated now.

"What?" Tony asked, eyes sparkling mischievously.

"I told you I was worried; can we drop it now?"

"Mm, I don't think so, boss. I think I wanna know exactly how worried you were."

Gibbs stared at him, jaw opening slightly in disbelief. "What?"

"I wanna know how worried you were. What you did, what you thought... everything."

"And what makes you think I'm going to tell you that?" Gibbs asked, genuinely curious. Tony gave him his most blindingly brilliant smile.

"Oh, I have ways of making you talk."

"Yeah?" Gibbs smiled in return, and Tony's gaze focused on his mouth.

"Yeah."

"And just what are those ways?"

Tony placed his hands on Gibbs' waist, then dragged them up under the coat to Gibbs' shoulders. He shoved the coat off, then smiled at the older man and leaned in for a gentle kiss, just a soft brushing of lips. Gibbs sighed and returned the kiss, the only contact between them Tony's hands on his shoulders and the soft glide of lips against lips. Tony drew back a little, then kissed Gibbs again, this time a little harder but no deeper. When Gibbs raised his hands to Tony's head, intent on deepening the kiss, Tony pulled away with a smirk.

"Uh-uh, boss. My rules this time."

He leaned in for another kiss, and Gibbs again tried to deepen it, running his tongue along the seam of Tony's lips, which did not part for him but stubbornly remained closed. When Tony pulled away again, Gibbs growled in frustration.

"Come on, DiNozzo." He made a grab for Tony's waist, but the younger man slipped away and caught Gibbs' hands in a tight grip behind his back, tight enough that Gibbs couldn't break free without hurting Tony, something he didn't want to do. Tony placed soft kisses on the underside of Gibbs' jaw along to his ear and the sensitive skin underneath it. He licked it then blew on it, causing a shiver to run through Gibbs' body. The older agent still wanted more, however, and he tugged at Tony's grasp, trying to communicate his displeasure.

"Tony, let go of me."

"Not yet, Jethro." This was breathed into the shell of his ear. "Not until you understand what's going on here."

Then Tony's mouth was on his, the kiss harder and hungrier than the ones before. Gibbs returned it with enthusiasm, arousal rushing through him at the soft play of Tony's tongue with his own. His bound wrists were forgotten as Tony, still kissing him and putting that immensely talented tongue to good use, maneuvered them back against the hall wall. But when Gibbs tried to take control of the kiss, Tony broke off again, this time panting heavily and resting his forehead against Gibbs' shoulder.

"You just don't get it, do you?" he asked, more amusement than irritation in his voice. "Then I'll spell it out. My rules tonight. And my rules are that I'm in control. So accept it or we stop here." He gave Gibbs a very serious look, one which Gibbs returned. Finally, the older agent responded with a nod, and Tony smiled.

"Good," he said, leaning in so that his whole body brushed against Gibbs, pushing him into the wall. Gibbs gasped as that brought their groins into contact, and Tony flexed his hips a little, creating a delicious friction. He kissed a line down Gibbs' neck to his collar, nipping and licking occasionally.

"Any –uh- other rules I should know about?" Gibbs gasped as Tony stopped to lightly worry a particularly sensitive spot with his teeth.

"No touching. I'm gonna let your hands go, but you can't touch me, ok?" He waited for Gibbs' nod, then released his hands, freeing up his own to flirt up and down Gibbs' sides before finally coming to rest on his ass, long fingers caressing the swell of muscle there.

"And you've gotta answer any question I ask, got it?" Tony murmured before kissing Gibbs again. When he released him, the older agent smiled.

"Got it," he answered, trying to ignore just how much he enjoyed Tony's little display of bedroom dominance.

"Good," Tony purred, hands leaving Gibbs' ass to begin unbuttoning the shirt, revealing the skin of Gibbs' chest to his hungry eyes and mouth. "So, what did you feel when you realized something had happened to me?"

"Haven't we covered this territory already?" Gibbs asked, arching into Tony's mouth as the younger man teased his nipples with light flicks of his tongue and fingers. The teasing stopped for a moment, and Gibbs hurriedly continued. "I was worried. I didn't know what had happened."

"So what did you do?" Tony asked as he knelt down, fingers deftly unbuckling Gibbs' belt and starting on the fly of his pants.

"The usual… God, Tony," he gasped as Tony freed his cock from the confines of his boxers and stroked him gently before placing a soft kiss to the head.

"Did you think I was dead?" Tony asked before taking the head and quickly the rest of Gibbs' cock into his mouth, swirling his tongue over the sensitive skin.

"Not… for a minute." Words were getting very hard to form as Tony increased the pace and his hands went roaming, one stroking Gibbs' thigh as the other reached down to cup and fondle his balls. Tony stopped for a second to give Gibbs a hurt look.

"You weren't at all worried that I was dead?"

"Not really, no. Could you please not stop?" Gibbs almost begged, wondering why Tony was making such a big deal out of this.

"Why not?" Tony asked before continuing where he left off. Gibbs hesitated a moment before he said anything, knowing how sappy this was going to sound and reluctant to make a statement like that. Tony paused, too, mouth still surrounding Gibbs but with the wonderful suction gone. Gibbs sighed, then decided to throw his image to the wind in return for Tony's warm, wet mouth.

"Because I'd've known if you were dead." Tony's raised eyebrow was question enough as he increased the rhythm, tongue stroking in counterpoint.

"I would have felt it."

Tony sucked in a deep breath of air that Gibbs could feel around his cock, then pulled away completely. Gibbs' mouth opened, ready to protest, when he met Tony's gaze. The younger man's eyes were dark with lust and another, deeper emotion, one that silenced Gibbs' protests. He searched Gibbs' eyes for a moment, then smiled one of his special smiles, the one which always made Gibbs' knees go weak.

"That's got to be the nicest thing you've ever said to me, boss," Tony said.

"I meant it, you know," Gibbs returned, one hand leaving the wall to stroke Tony's cheek. Tony turned into the caress like a cat, eyes closing in pleasure.

"I know." He smiled up at Gibbs before his attention returned to the cock that was bobbing invitingly in front of him. "Thanks. Now, let me help you out there…"

And Tony continued where he'd left off. Gibbs gave himself up to the sensations pouring through him, hands now tangled in Tony's short, spiky hair. Tony watched his face with heavy-lidded eyes, and Gibbs found it impossible to look away. The emotion in those blue eyes fueled his own, and when one of Tony's fingers reached back to stroke the sensitive skin behind his balls, putting just a little pressure right… there… Gibbs couldn't hold off any longer and came with a hoarse, incoherent shout. Tony swallowed it all then pulled away with one last kiss on Gibbs' softening cock. Gibbs, feeling a little lightheaded from the headrush of sensation, slid down the wall until he was resting next to Tony.

"You all right there, boss?" Tony asked, laughter lurking in his voice.

Gibbs snorted. "What do you think, DiNozzo?"

"I think I'm *good*. I think the reason you had to sit down is that I'm so good it made you dizzy. I think-"

"I think you should shut up," Gibbs said, grabbing the back of DiNozzo's head and pulling him into a kiss. His other hand shoved Tony's towel off, then grasped his previously neglected cock. Gibbs worked Tony as he kissed him, an assault that left the other man breathless, gasping, and shuddering in Gibbs' arms. It wasn't too long until Tony was crying out as well, spilling onto his stomach and Gibbs' hand. The younger man buried his face in Gibbs' neck, and Gibbs pressed a kiss to his hair as he grabbed the towel and cleaned himself and Tony off.

"Come on, Tony, bed," he said, pulling away slightly.

"Mm," Tony mumbled, sleepily. "Sounds good."

Gibbs maneuvered him into his bedroom, pulling down the covers and then pushing Tony down. He then got into the bed himself, and Tony immediately cuddled into him, resting his head against Gibbs' shoulder as he wrapped his arms possessively around Gibbs' middle. Gibbs smiled and pressed another kiss into Tony's hair.

"I really am glad you're all right, Tony," he said.

"I know."

"No, seriously. You *are* irreplaceable. I don't know what I'd do without you on the team, in my life."

Tony pressed a kiss on his shoulder, an acknowledgment and thanks, before twisting to look Gibbs in the eye and smiling at him. "Get more sleep?" he offered with raised eyebrows.

Gibbs laughed. "Yeah, probably. Speaking of…"

"Way ahead of you, boss." Tony's arm snaked out and turned off the bedside light before he snuggled back into Gibbs' embrace. Within a few minutes, his breathing had evened out. Gibbs stroked his back and kissed the rumpled head of his lover one last time before allowing himself to slip off to sleep as well, secure in the knowledge that for now, things were about as good as they could be.


~fin~