Title: Skin is Burning

Author: Alison

BBVEmp117@aol.com

Pairing: Anck-su-namun/Nefertiti

Rating: R

Archive: Sure

Feedback: Gimme.

Disclaimer: "We live on a small planet and it's time we stopped the profligate creation of new characters and used the perfectly viable ones that already exist." Take that Bembridge scholars.

Notes: I feel bad that Evy isn't getting any. It's just wrong. Besides, y'all didn't expect me to sit through a movie with two half-naked chicks kicking each other's ass and not do anything about it did you? Just a short little blurb.

Warning: Everyone repeat after me: 'Girls kissing is cool, too." If that makes you squick then don't read. Not for the faint hearted.

 

SKIN IS BURNING

By Alison

Blood flows in such strange patterns over skin. Mingling with the rain, each drop glides flawlessly down upraised arms to disappear into the dark nothingness of night. It's almost hypnotic; all that color against pale, pale skin.

Each wound bleeds freely, screaming of the razor sharp weapons that split her flesh, speaking of her destiny, what she will become, the cry echoing across a thousand lifetimes. It is a destiny she does not want but embraces none the less. Fate and her beloved father have decreed it and she is a dutiful child.

Favored as she is, it wins her no special status. It has become the ultimate blood sport, a fight for her life. Nothing exists for her in the moment of challenge but the woman in front of her. Pure animal instinct takes over: jump, block, duck, pivot, jealousy, anger, passion, hate.

And in the end, she must struggle for breath as she falls, a slim but callused hand finding the column of her neck as a low, harsh voice whispers sick nothings. Fingers trace flesh, dipping into the well of blood in the hollow of her throat. Her humiliation is painted for all to see, bright dripping letters across her chest and then lips brush hers, whispering praise and adoration. And she returns it. It sickens her; the depravity of it but the primal feel of another's flesh obliterates the senses.

Even now, as the blood vanishes, a low, teasing melody drifts above the rain. Flesh ripples and responds, drawn to the flickering warmth of the fire and the soft but deadly embrace that awaits.

 

END