Nightmare

Author: Ananka

Fandom: The Mummy Returns

Pairing: Ardeth/Kha

Summary: Ardeth has to come to terms with an entirely new lifestyle

Archive:

Feedback: Please

Rating: NC17 eventually

Parts: ?

Status: WIP

Disclaimer: Ardeth Bay is a creation of Stephen Sommers. I do not own him, I only wish I did. I make no profit from this work. It is strictly for entertainment purposes.

Warnings: m/f sex after this chapter and extreme violence

 

Nightmare
by Ananka

The man was clad in dark clothing, and he rode a dark horse. The night was lit by a magnificent full moon. He was on his way to nowhere in particular. The black horse he rode suddenly began to twitch his large ears and snort. He seemed to pick up his pace. He knew his horse smelled water and so he allowed it to pick its way through the rocks to where a tiny oasis was located. Once, he knew the location of every oasis. This tiny spot was new.

He got off allowing the horse to drink. He looked into the water, which rippled gently, then looked away just as quickly. As the horse slaked its thirst, he began to cast an eye on the brush about the small pool. He wandered over to begin nibbling after his master removed his bridle.

Ardeth became lost in thought. His dark eyes automatically began to rake the dunes and the shadows.

He saw again how he had been once, long ago. He had loved the sun; he loved his life, hard though they had been! More, he loved his woman who was lost to him now. She had been hard, yet soft at the same time. Kha had been beautiful with eyes that had sparked in temper as often as they had sparkled in laughter. Their life together was one of unbridled lust. She had been the best lover he had ever known!

"Things change." He lifted his head; he rarely spoke and the sound of his voice startled his horse, which went back to eating.

The wind seemed to grow alive with the scent of blue lotus...her perfume. She was near now; he knew that. His horse began to show signs of nervousness, stamping a circle in the sands by the brush he had been nibbling.

As Ardeth waited for her arrival, he recalled in detail a particular night that now seemed to be so long ago. She had been gone for a while, running tribal errands in Cairo, and had returned late one night. She had crept quietly into their tent and she woke him by slowly running her hand over his chest, and down his washboard belly, to enfold his flaccid manhood. Her hand had been ice cold and it had startled him into wakefulness.

He breathed out her name "Kha?" Even as he reached for her.

END PART 1

mulli556@aol.com